PDA

View Full Version : Game 21: New Orleans Pelicans (8-10) @ Los Angeles Lakers (5-15)

MetroMan
12-07-2014, 04:58 PM
The Brow vs The Mamba

Future laker in the making

jaydubb
12-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Pelicans 114
Lakers 102

Kobe scores 26 on 25 shots

Davis gets near quadruple double 24 points 16 rebounds 8 assists and 8 blocks

MetroMan
12-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Kobe goes for 21 points on 8/26 shooting

David goes for 30 and 20 rebounds

Iron24th
12-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Davis and Price will start...

Lol stupid move by scott, neither price or davis can score, kobe will shot 10+ shots after 5 min.

Great for the tank though.

Pelicans 109 Lakers 101

A.Davis 37pts 18rbs 5blks

GREATNESS ONE
12-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Kobe rips off 40pts in a 110-100 loss.

verceroth
12-07-2014, 08:16 PM
must not win game

jaydubb
12-07-2014, 08:24 PM
must not win game

^^^
This.

MetroMan
12-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Kobe rips off 40pts in a 110-100 loss.

If he does its on 40 shots

GREATNESS ONE
12-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Metroman! Wooooooop meh I think he will be hot tonight.

GREATNESS ONE
12-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Everyone is cold lol

numba1CHANGsta
12-07-2014, 11:03 PM
If we get a top 5 pick, I say trade it along with Randle for Davis

GREATNESS ONE
12-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Haha you would have to trade this years, Randle and two more 1st rd picks for Anthony Davis.

Lakers + Giants
12-07-2014, 11:29 PM
If we get a top 5 pick, I say trade it along with Randle for Davis

And why would the Pelicans do that? LMFAO

jaydubb
12-07-2014, 11:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again..

Anthony Davis is the most untradeable player in the NBA.. Only way he gets traded is if he publicly demands a trade over and over..

MetroMan
12-07-2014, 11:34 PM
I would love to see Durant and Davis team up in laker land

GREATNESS ONE
12-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Double D's :drool:

Leather Balls
12-08-2014, 12:19 AM
I am at the game and I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think that Kobe is the problem in this team. There are so many issues and so many players who seemed to have checked out, and don't get me started about Sacre.

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2014, 12:30 AM
I am at the game and I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think that Kobe is the problem in this team. There are so many issues and so many players who seemed to have checked out, and don't get me started about Sacre.

:nod:

tredigs
12-08-2014, 12:32 AM

Just random coincidence that the Lakers are statistically by far at their worst when Kobe is on the court?

Being that close, do you not notice his complete ball stoppage in open sets? Inability to stop an opposing player in an ISO? Lack of composure in dealing with young teammates growth? ... nothing?

Hangin n Wangin
12-08-2014, 12:35 AM

Who said Kobe is the problem? Everyone knows this whole team sucks. Kobe's contract is a problem, but Kobe definitely isn't the main reason we are losing games on the court. Hes playing pretty inefficient, but it's not like there are really other options out there.

tredigs
12-08-2014, 12:36 AM
If your goal is to win a championship -- I would argue that Kobe is, by far, the worst possible player you could have on your team.

Hangin n Wangin
12-08-2014, 12:38 AM
If your goal is to win a championship -- I would argue that Kobe is, by far, the worst possible player you could have on your team.

He's won five titles and went to seven finals, mush brain.

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2014, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the advice, we Lakers fans have accustomed to being spoiled by winning Championships. I know you and your team, not sure who it is are a competitive squad.

We will return to greatness and history has shown The Los Angeles Lakers don't stay down for long.

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2014, 12:40 AM

Barking up the wrong tree, he's just here to poke fun in our forum. Not to contribute in any positive way.

tredigs
12-08-2014, 12:46 AM

Oh, I'm sorry. I was referring to present day America.

I should have been more clear.

I actually thought the Lakers could win this game tonight. Kobe ruined that possibility. I'm not even a fan of the guy but I'm sick of watching him ruin the possibility of young players development due to his own ridiculous ego and thinking he can (and has the power to) take over ball games.

Kobe -- you suck, brother. You can't take over games. Please defer to your young teammates and try to develop their growth.

If you're a true Laker fan -- and not a Kobe fanboy -- there's a 0% chance you can disagree with that sentiment.

Hangin n Wangin
12-08-2014, 12:49 AM

I actually thought the Lakers could win this game tonight. Kobe ruined that possibility. I'm not even a fan of the guy but I'm sick of watching him ruin the possibility of young players development due to his own ridiculous ego and thinking he can (and has the power to) take over ball games.

Kobe -- you suck, brother. You can't take over games. Please defer to your young teammates and try to develop their growth.

If you're a true Laker fan -- and not a Kobe fanboy -- there's a 0% chance you can disagree with that sentiment.

What do you care? You aren't a Laker fan. You're just a troll. Gotta pay the troll toll to get into the boys hole.

tredigs
12-08-2014, 12:56 AM
What do you care? You aren't a Laker fan. You're just a troll. Gotta pay the troll toll to get into the boys hole.

I bet on the Lakers tonight. I paid the troll toll (nice reference tho). And Kobe took it in his hole.

I'm laughing at myself for thinking that being a home dog against a team in turmoil was enough to warrant a bet.

That said, I'll vent on you homers and call it a day.

Hangin n Wangin
12-08-2014, 12:58 AM
I bet on the Lakers tonight. I paid the troll toll (nice reference tho). And Kobe took it in his hole.

I'm laughing at myself for thinking that being a home dog against a team in turmoil was enough to warrant a bet.

Shows how smart you are. Betting on the Lakers. LMAO. Go back to your cave.

jaydubb
12-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Wait... Someone bet on the Lakers to win this game..? :confused:

tredigs
12-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Shows how smart you are. Betting on the Lakers. LMAO. Go back to your cave.

Not that you're intelligent enough to understand sports betting or betting lines in general, but the Lakers are so widely considered a dog/joke at this point that they've actually been quite a profitable team to bet ATS in the last few weeks. Being that they were +points at home against a sub .500 team that was 3-7 in their last 10 (to keep it simple), it was a decent spot for LA to sneak in.

But, yeah. Kobe did Kobe.

Wait... Someone bet on the Lakers to win this game..? :confused:
I'm sure thousands of people did. I wasn't one of them.

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2014, 01:21 AM
Ok. I think it's time to move along, no need to troll and antagonize the loyal.

lakerfan85
12-08-2014, 01:29 AM

Wait, what young players are you talking about?? 90% of this roster is gone after this season..

Hangin n Wangin
12-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Not that you're intelligent enough to understand sports betting or betting lines in general, but the Lakers are so widely considered a dog/joke at this point that they've actually been quite a profitable team to bet ATS in the last few weeks. Being that they were +points at home against a sub .500 team that was 3-7 in their last 10 (to keep it simple), it was a decent spot for LA to sneak in.

But, yeah. Kobe did Kobe.

I'm sure thousands of people did. I wasn't one of them.

I perfectly understand sports betting and betting lines. That's why I'm not the idiot that lost money betting the Laker game today.

Hangin n Wangin
12-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Wait, what young players are you talking about?? 90% of this roster is gone after this season..

He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

Lakers + Giants
12-08-2014, 02:21 AM

Disappointed tre, you should know better.

I took the Pelicans at -2.5 Immediately. As soon as I saw that ****, hahaha.

Leather Balls
12-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Just random coincidence that the Lakers are statistically by far at their worst when Kobe is on the court?

Being that close, do you not notice his complete ball stoppage in open sets? Inability to stop an opposing player in an ISO? Lack of composure in dealing with young teammates growth? ... nothing?

Wait, so you are telling me the Lakers dominate the league defensively when Kobe is not on the court?

Watching the game that close, with people who pay good money to see the games, and not with losers who fancy themselves experts on forums, it becomes obvious Kobe is not the problem. As the guy next to me pointed out, ALL of them don't move on offense unless they have the ball in their hands. On the second half, when the lead went from 4 to 20, we all started booing. And I know it will come as a complete shock to you, but we were not booing Kobe, we were booing the whole team. The Pelicans could do whatever they wanted, there was no defense by ANYONE. And please name me who in the Lakers has the ability to consistently stop an opposing player in an ISO? If you, as a fan, expect your 36 year old star to be a defensive stopper, then you really have no business posting opinions in a public forum. Save that for your two friends on Facebook.

Speaking of naming, please name me whose growth in the Lakers is being stifled by Kobe. Unfortunately for you, I have seen this movie before. Back in the middle of the last decade, bright people like you were saying the exact same thing about Kobe. Now we can go back and see how right they were. Once Kobe wasn't around, we all saw Sasha Vujacic, Brian Cook, Luke Walton, to name a few, take off and have Hall Of Fame careers. We all know Lin in Houston was going to be the next John Stockton, until Kobe came along an ruined everything. :rolleyes: