PDA

View Full Version : rondo is shooting 30% from the charity stripe this season. THIRTY PER CENT!

blahblahyoutoo
12-06-2014, 04:33 PM
9 for 30 as of last night. he makes shaq look like ray allen.

point guards easily shoot 80% from the FT line. elite ones shoot 90%.

JV35
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM

Yup. He makes Ben Wallace look like Rick Barry.

Longhornfan1234
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Still top 5 PG. Top 3 passer, defender, rebounder at his position.

jaydubb
12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Yea that and lack of a consistent jump shot is really what is preventing him from being one of the top point guards in the NBA

sep11ie
12-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Was that supposed to be a dramatic pause or do you not know percent is one word?

blahblahyoutoo
12-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Was that supposed to be a dramatic pause or do you not know percent is one word?

nice try on trying to show me up mah n-word, but I was publik skooled so I know my ish.
http://grammarist.com/spelling/percent-per-cent/

The term "per cent" is derived from the Latin per centum, meaning "by the hundred".[2] The sign for "per cent" evolved by gradual contraction of the Italian term per cento, meaning "for a hundred". The "per" was often abbreviated as "p." and eventually disappeared entirely. The "cento" was contracted to two circles separated by a horizontal line, from which the modern "%" symbol is derived.

check yo self before u wreck yo self.

bucketss
12-06-2014, 04:58 PM
he makes shaq look like jose calderon.

hugepatsfan
12-06-2014, 07:25 PM

Gary Payton and Jason Kidd were in the 70s FT% wise. Magic, The Big O and Stockton were all below 85%. Not sure I agree with your last line.

nastynice
12-06-2014, 08:29 PM
he makes shaq look like ray allen.

Yup. He makes Ben Wallace look like Rick Barry.

he makes shaq look like jose calderon.

he makes ray allen look like steph curry

lol, just messin...it really doesn't even make sense

Sean Moore
12-06-2014, 08:50 PM
I have him on my fantasy team and it is extremely frustrating to watch. If he wasn't shooting so poorly, dude would be killing it right now. His overall shooting is pretty poor as well, maybe it has something to do with that hand injury he suffered before the season started. I would hope that he will get better as the season moves on.

Shady66
12-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Lol how is he shooting worse then wilt, shaq, big Ben ect as a PG. lmao. He's always been a poor shooter, but at least improve your ft shooting ffs

JasonJohnHorn
12-06-2014, 09:11 PM
He makes makes a broken turn signal look like a Charles Dickens' novel.

Lakers + Giants
12-06-2014, 09:18 PM
nice try on trying to show me up mah n-word, but I was publik skooled so I know my ish.

The term "per cent" is derived from the Latin per centum, meaning "by the hundred".[2] The sign for "per cent" evolved by gradual contraction of the Italian term per cento, meaning "for a hundred". The "per" was often abbreviated as "p." and eventually disappeared entirely. The "cento" was contracted to two circles separated by a horizontal line, from which the modern "%" symbol is derived.

:clap:

And he never responded, lmfao.

cmellofan15
12-07-2014, 01:35 AM

he's not top five, and hasn't been for a few years.

GiantsSwaGG
12-07-2014, 09:53 AM
He makes Friedtofuz not look like a Knicks fan

Chrisclover
12-07-2014, 10:02 AM
This is such a train wreck.

Chrisclover
12-07-2014, 10:06 AM
But if it has something to do with the hand injury, how come he can have most passes per game? I saw how he did against the Lakers. he delivered several eye-poping passes. So fantastic.

mightybosstone
12-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Hahaha... No. Not remotely.

mightybosstone
12-07-2014, 11:53 AM
I've always liked Rondo as a player because they guy always managed to step up in big games and he's a fun player to watch. But he's always been overrated, even at his peak, because of his horribly inefficient scoring. Rondo's essentially an ultra extreme version of Jason Kidd strengths and weaknesses. He can run an offense and pass like a mad man, and he can defend and rebound at an extremely high level for his position. But he's about as inept a shooter and scorer as there is in the league.

He's been in the league for nearly a decade and he still has no freaking clue how to hit a mid-range jumper or a free throw. It's pathetic. And similar to Josh Smith, the king of horrible shot selection, Rondo hasn't figured out that he pretty much should only be taking shots around the basket. Despite the fact that he shoots 58% around the rim and 37% or worse beyond three feet, only one-third of his shot attempts come around the rim. That's just stupid basketball.

I just would not want this guy running my basketball team right now regardless how much money he makes. And it's why I've always thought the Rondo to Houston trade rumors have been completely bogus. There is literally zero chance in Hell that Morey would ever want that guy to play substantial minutes for one of his basketball teams.

raiderposting
12-07-2014, 12:01 PM
He makes ***** ****** look like real ******

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2014, 04:45 PM
:clap:

And he never responded, lmfao.

n-word ain't gonna show his face in this thread again.
imma go axe him via PM.
:D

Crackadalic
12-07-2014, 06:06 PM
I've always liked Rondo as a player because they guy always managed to step up in big games and he's a fun player to watch. But he's always been overrated, even at his peak, because of his horribly inefficient scoring. Rondo's essentially an ultra extreme version of Jason Kidd strengths and weaknesses. He can run an offense and pass like a mad man, and he can defend and rebound at an extremely high level for his position. But he's about as inept a shooter and scorer as there is in the league.

He's been in the league for nearly a decade and he still has no freaking clue how to hit a mid-range jumper or a free throw. It's pathetic. And similar to Josh Smith, the king of horrible shot selection, Rondo hasn't figured out that he pretty much should only be taking shots around the basket. Despite the fact that he shoots 58% around the rim and 37% or worse beyond three feet, only one-third of his shot attempts come around the rim. That's just stupid basketball.

I just would not want this guy running my basketball team right now regardless how much money he makes. And it's why I've always thought the Rondo to Houston trade rumors have been completely bogus. There is literally zero chance in Hell that Morey would ever want that guy to play substantial minutes for one of his basketball teams.

Is scoring efficiently really that much better than all around game?

I'm not gonna argue if Rondo is top 5/10 etc

I just wanna know how much of his lack of shooting is hurting his team.

Munkeysuit
12-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Wow, had no idea it was that bad, but hopes he picks that up! actually I am sure he will but dam Rondo!

koreancabbage
12-07-2014, 08:37 PM

*yawn* also let me know when he has jumpshot, let alone, a free shot at the basket when noone is guarding him.

sorry but Rondo is not even a fundamentally sound basketball player, let alone, a top PG in the L.

numba1CHANGsta
12-07-2014, 08:47 PM
He makes Wilt Chamberlain look like Dirk Nowitzki

mightybosstone
12-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Is scoring efficiently really that much better than all around game?

I'm not gonna argue if Rondo is top 5/10 etc

I just wanna know how much of his lack of shooting is hurting his team.

If we use WS as our barometer to determine a player's impact on a game, then scoring efficiency is a huge, huge factor. His WS/48 is 0.45 this season, which is well, well below the league average. Sure, his AST% is off the charts and his TRB% and STL% are very high for his position, but a .417 TS% is not just bad, it's comically low. The guy is taking 9.4 shots per game right now and only turning that into 8.6 points a night. And his TO% is really high, so that doesn't exactly help his case.

SMH!
12-07-2014, 08:55 PM

lol sheesh quiet time for him

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2014, 10:31 PM
lol sheesh quiet time for him

homie been checking out the thread. i saw his name at the bottom of the thread earlier. he just embarrassed he got edumacated by someone on a SPORTS FORUM!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

koreancabbage
12-07-2014, 10:58 PM
homie been checking out the thread. i saw his name at the bottom of the thread earlier. he just embarrassed he got edumacated by someone on a SPORTS FORUM!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

if there was a 'like' option. i would be hitting it right now.

PurpleLynch
12-08-2014, 05:54 AM
Rondo is just a version of Kendall Marshall from another dimension.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Rondo is just a version of Kendall Marshall from another dimension.

if Kendall Marshall was way more athletic, he would be better than Rondo.

I don't know what we're doing here but okay LOL

Hawkeye15
12-08-2014, 06:18 PM

eww

chi-townlove1
12-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I agree. Still top 5 POINT GUARD. the man does it all honestly. Rebounds assists defense and can score enough that a point guard needs to score. Many of you hate him, as do I, but the man is phenomenal at basketball.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Rondo was overrated on both sides of the ball at his peak.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 07:56 PM
I agree. Still top 5 POINT GUARD. the man does it all honestly. Rebounds assists defense and can score enough that a point guard needs to score. Many of you hate him, as do I, but the man is phenomenal at basketball.

he's just an athlete with spectacular motor skills. majorly flawed as a basketball player i.e. can't shoot - which is one of the major premise of basketball.

Don't know how well he will age once the athleticism disappears. He'll be out of the league mid 30s.

THE MTL
12-08-2014, 08:53 PM

He is NOT a top 5 PG. The pg position is far too stacked to even mention any type of flawed players in the top 5.

Curry Paul Westbrook Lowry Wall are no brainers over Rondo.

mightybosstone
12-09-2014, 12:33 AM

No. Not remotely. He's not even top 20 with the way he's playing right now, much less top 5. But let's take these 10 PGs who are unquestionably better than him right now and you tell me who you think he's better than:

Chris Paul
Stephen Curry
Russell Westbrook
Kyle Lowry
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Mike Conley
John Wall
Ty Lawson

blahblahyoutoo
12-11-2014, 11:32 PM

not in today's NBA. a point guard has to be able to reliably knock down open outside shots.
that's why he barely breaks top 15.

koreancabbage
12-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I would not start franchise with Rondo because you need other working parts for the team to be successful. Other good PGs can score by themselves and still get others involved. If the PG can be a scorer when he needs to be, thats great. Rondo isn't that player

BUT if I do have Rondo as my starting PG, there has to be a lot more scorers i have to get to get this team to be successful. Rondo is a still a good PG. i.e. his defense and ability to find the open man is a desired trait but like I said, you have to find the right men to be open.

Chrisclover
12-15-2014, 02:43 AM
I would not start franchise with Rondo because you need other working parts for the team to be successful. Other good PGs can score by themselves and still get others involved. If the PG can be a scorer when he needs to be, thats great. Rondo isn't that player

BUT if I do have Rondo as my starting PG, there has to be a lot more scorers i have to get to get this team to be successful. Rondo is a still a good PG. i.e. his defense and ability to find the open man is a desired trait but like I said, you have to find the right men to be open.
Can he be a cornerstone to build around? Or a second fiddle at best?

Sean Moore
12-15-2014, 03:59 AM
No. Not remotely. He's not even top 20 with the way he's playing right now, much less top 5. But let's take these 10 PGs who are unquestionably better than him right now and you tell me who you think he's better than:

Chris Paul
Stephen Curry
Russell Westbrook
Kyle Lowry
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Mike Conley
John Wall
Ty Lawson

If I had to pick one off hand I would go with Ty.

jp611
12-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Rondo is probably one of the worst starting PGs in the league, and I'm not even exaggerating that.

jp611
12-15-2014, 09:05 AM
You can't just rely on your passing and defense (fun fact- Rondo isn't a good defender) to be a good PG in this league. I can't think of 10 PGs worse then him. And the guy who said Lawson is worse than Rondo :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Andrew32
12-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Who would win at a FT contest Rondo or Shaq?

Chrisclover
12-16-2014, 02:41 AM
Who would win at a FT contest Rondo or Shaq?
Me.