PDA

View Full Version : Official: Knicks are tanking

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2014, 11:33 AM
There is no other logical explanation why they are so bad.

jaydubb
12-06-2014, 11:33 AM
:nod:

ichitownclowni
12-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Knicks fourm

NYJ - NYY
12-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2014, 12:04 PM
They suck they aren't tanking

DarkKnight
12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
They suck they aren't tanking

This , op tell me who besides Melo(who's sucked so far) and Calderon ....who is a viable player besides them ??

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
We aren't tanking, we just really ****ing suck.

KnickNyKnick
12-06-2014, 12:16 PM
dont think they were trying to tank, but the way things look its not even worth trying for 8th seed with such a stacked draft.

in before troll thread is closed.

Crackadalic
12-06-2014, 12:20 PM
What fisher did last night was tanking if I ever seen one

Up by one 4 seconds left you leave Pablo/THJR/Melo/Amare as our line of defense to win the ball game

Not even the dumbest of coaches would do that

Now are we tanking? No we just suck. But when we are given a chance to actually win and I see bizarre moves like last night then yeah were tanking(kinda)

BGeer091
12-06-2014, 12:20 PM
We will go on a roll and make the 8th seed just so we remain in mediocrity. It's just what we do.

lamzoka
12-06-2014, 12:22 PM
We are tanking by default.

It's a lost season. Anything less than a top 3 pick is a failure.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2014, 12:24 PM
This , op tell me who besides Melo(who's sucked so far) and Calderon ....who is a viable player besides them ??

Amare, shump, thj, jr smith

KnickNyKnick
12-06-2014, 12:30 PM
everyone is gone after this season so tank or no tank things wont remain the same. what kind of product will we have after this season is a bunch of ???'s

DarkKnight
12-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Whos taking those guys ?

Crackadalic
12-06-2014, 12:35 PM

Amare efficent player. Sucks at everything else
Shump our only 2 way player is inconsistent
THJR is streaky. Listed as one of the worse sg's last year and near there again this season. He will give you 20 and give you 1-9 with 0 across the board
JR LMAOO

We have three players that play offense and two of them are blackholes.

FriedTofuz
12-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I think they just suck.

FriedTofuz
12-06-2014, 12:46 PM
If I made this thread, Id get called out for being a troll.

GiantsSwaGG
12-06-2014, 01:13 PM
#tanktape

DarkKnight
12-06-2014, 01:17 PM
#tanktape

Ha ha

LongIslandIcedZ
12-06-2014, 01:18 PM

That's because you've made like 3 and constantly bump them. You've earned your reputation.

As for the topic at hand, I caught the vibe that maybe they were tanking as well. It would make sense. Tank for the number one pick and then have cap space for 2 near max players I believe. If that was what they were doing, it could be a quick turnaround.

At the same time, it's entirely possible they just suck.

Jamiecballer
12-06-2014, 01:30 PM

Up by one 4 seconds left you leave Pablo/THJR/Melo/Amare as our line of defense to win the ball game

Now are we tanking? No we just suck. But when we are given a chance to actually win and I see bizarre moves like last night then yeah were tanking(kinda)

your coach went with only 4 guys? that IS tanking :)

FriedTofuz
12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
That's because you've made like 3 and constantly bump them. You've earned your reputation.

As for the topic at hand, I caught the vibe that maybe they were tanking as well. It would make sense. Tank for the number one pick and then have cap space for 2 near max players I believe. If that was what they were doing, it could be a quick turnaround.

At the same time, it's entirely possible they just suck.

:confused:

I made threads which were stimulating discussion, not to troll, look at the thread titles and the content in the first posts. there's nothing wrong with what I've done there. If it leads to other fans chiming in about how the knicks kept saying the division was theirs when clearly it never was, then that's the knick fans fault.

on topic, I dont think the knicks are tanking, I think they're just that bad, badly coached and lack defense.

JV35
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Even if they "tank", they'll never get to rock bottom. It will be literally impossible for them to catch both the Sixers and The Pistons.

A best case "tank scenario" for them is 3RD worst.

beasted86
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm hoping the Knicks tank so Riley can go after Shumpert for a couple 2nd picks or something. It makes no sense to sign him long term if they are rebuilding, so they should start shopping him soon.

Maybe grab Dalembert also as a backup C.

beasted86
12-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Even if they "tank", they'll never get to rock bottom. It will be literally impossible for them to catch both the Sixers and The Pistons.

So I'm guessing their pick is only top 3 protected? Must be awesome to be a Knicks fan

nycericanguy
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM

doesn't really matter, the worst team rarely gets the 1st pick any way. It's a crapshoot... but a very high pick would be great obviously. As much as it sucks to lose, it might be a great thing.

nycericanguy
12-06-2014, 01:52 PM
So I'm guessing their pick is only top 3 protected? Must be awesome to be a Knicks fan

knicks have their pick this year

blahblahyoutoo
12-06-2014, 01:55 PM

so either fisher is tanking or he is a moran. which is it?

DarkKnight
12-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Blah blah blah

sjbirds
12-06-2014, 02:12 PM

Yeah because the 3 more wins they have is way more impressive. At least the Sixers have young players and a future

GiantsSwaGG
12-06-2014, 02:16 PM

If the Knicks play the Pistons, we be the 2nd worse team.

#tanktape

beasted86
12-06-2014, 02:23 PM
knicks have their pick this year
Then wtf was that guy trying to say? Tanking is only worth it for the number 1 pick?

nycericanguy
12-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Then wtf was that guy trying to say? Tanking is only worth it for the number 1 pick?

have no idea... and like i said the worst team has a 75% chance of NOT getting the 1st pick.

bucketss
12-06-2014, 02:32 PM

they have their pick this year but not next lol, they will probably try to win next year since they wont have a pick

IgglesFanInCO
12-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Hopefully theyll "intentionally" suck again next year so the Nuggets can get a lotto pick off em

bucketss
12-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Hopefully theyll "intentionally" suck again next year so the Nuggets can get a lotto pick off em

raptors have the pick now, you guys have an option to swap, so as a raptor fan i hope you guys suck to ;)

Sandman
12-06-2014, 03:14 PM
deck the halls of PSD

trolalalalaalalalala

%%%%
12-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Knicks fan --- I wouldn't say tanking. I think they just don't have a good team. Their superstar (Anthony) has also been subpar (by his standards) thus far.

There have been some moments though. In many games, they were able to come back from 20-point deficits only to lose by 1 or 2 points, like last night. They're not good, but they might not be as bad as their record indicates.

CityofTreez
12-06-2014, 03:43 PM

Ha...look at this dumb troll!

FriedTofuz
12-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Isnt it interesting how people said this team could be an 8th seed? I said 10th in the east and people were calling me out, but in reality, we were all wrong, they're even worse than 10th in the east, more like 13th. Imagine if they were in the west, they'd be out of the playoffs for the next 10 years.

DoMeFavors
12-06-2014, 04:00 PM
They aren't tanking voluntarily, what has happened is for about a year now the Knicks have had a losing culture. Nobody wants to try to bring the car back on the road. They need to get rid of JR Smith and Shumpert. Trust me Knicks don't want to have to pay Shumpert this summer the dude is trash. JR could be good on a certain kind of team, not in a city like NY or playing with no vets. Should keep Jose and Melo and that's about it.

FriedTofuz
12-06-2014, 04:03 PM
THe knicks have had a losing culture for a long time, and then people expect them to go from tankingpoloza to instant contender when they cant even make the playoffs in the pitiful east? Please. They arent getting Aldridge, Rondo nor Gasol. Their likely target will be dragic, that's all they can get or maybe someone with no defense like Monroe and be battling for the 8th seed. People need to understand change DOES NOT Happen overnight. Unless you have lebron james or kevin durant on your team, you're not going to instantly become a contender.

DoMeFavors
12-06-2014, 04:10 PM
THe knicks have had a losing culture for a long time, and then people expect them to go from tankingpoloza to instant contender when they cant even make the playoffs in the pitiful east? Please. They arent getting Aldridge, Rondo nor Gasol. Their likely target will be dragic, that's all they can get or maybe someone with no defense like Monroe and be battling for the 8th seed. People need to understand change DOES NOT Happen overnight. Unless you have lebron james or kevin durant on your team, you're not going to instantly become a contender.

With a stacked 2016 free agency Phil would be stupid to waste money on Monroe and Dragic. That team never wins a chip.

TrueFan420
12-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Dragic is a beast and would be killer for them.

Crackadalic
12-06-2014, 05:49 PM
If we can't get a impact player in the top 3, which is unlikely, we can trade the player for a star or more starters to fill the roster.

Thats the beauty of whats going on. We actually have options going into the summer.

2010 we had wison/gallo/douglas and cap space

This year we have melo/thjr/jose/early/Greek freaks brother/kid from france and 28 million in cap space and a top 3 pick

I like our chances

And honestly I think the whole "players won't come to a losing team" is slightly overblown

As long as money and potential is thrown anything can happen. Phil just has to be smart on who we target

Sandman
12-06-2014, 05:54 PM
If we can't get a impact player in the top 3, which is unlikely, we can trade the player for a star or more starters to fill the roster.

Thats the beauty of whats going on. We actually have options going into the summer.

2010 we had wison/gallo/douglas and cap space

This year we have melo/thjr/jose/early/Greek freaks brother/kid from france and 28 million in cap space and a top 3 pick

I like our chances

And honestly I think the whole "players won't come to a losing team" is slightly overblown

As long as money and potential is thrown anything can happen. Phil just has to be smart on who we target

Completely overblown, people say 2010 was a bust but don't realize thats how we got Melo. Then people say Melo can't win as if he is the problem with the team.

Like you said, Phil just has to be smart. We need pieces everywhere, the only bad decision he can make is trying to do it all at once.

KnickNyKnick
12-06-2014, 06:31 PM

If the knicks are a losing culture for so long then im not sure what that makes the raps all this time.
Raps have made the playoffs 6 times since their inception in 95 to the Knicks 11 since that time in the pitiful east.

so if thats a losing culture then toronto must be a D-League losing culture for lack of a better term.

how about we see Toronto come out of the 1st round before we define losing culture...

Bring The Heat
12-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I honestly have never been able to stand Knick fans because they always talk garbage and there team stinks.... But I'm starting to feel bad because their fans are passionate about their team and they have been completely irrelevant and a joke for over a decade and more... and I don't see this team getting better any time soon.. Maybe another decade of irrelevance in the making..

Sadds The Gr8
12-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Ha...look at this dumb troll!
:laugh2:

Sandman
12-06-2014, 10:49 PM
I honestly have never been able to stand Knick fans because they always talk garbage and there team stinks.... But I'm starting to feel bad because their fans are passionate about their team and they have been completely irrelevant and a joke for over a decade and more... and I don't see this team getting better any time soon.. Maybe another decade of irrelevance in the making..

I was going to say something witty but then I realized this is what LeBron thinks about the Heat

DoMeFavors
12-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Don't Knicks have to sign players next season that fit the triangle? That is going to be an issue for free agents. How they see their roles.

Sandman
12-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Don't Knicks have to sign players next season that fit the triangle? That is going to be an issue for free agents. How they see their roles.

Why hasn't Brook Lopez developed a 3 point shot?

FriedTofuz
12-07-2014, 02:06 AM
Below are just typical behaviour regarding knick fans. Whenever someone says a legitimate argument, the only things knick fans can say in regards to these questions is simply to attack the player who said something, and their respective team

Exhibit A:

This had nothing to do with the thread topic, instead it's a knick fan unable to defend and rebuttle an argument and simply insult another team's poster and lead to an off-topic discussion.

exhibit b:

If the knicks are a losing culture for so long then im not sure what that makes the raps all this time.
Raps have made the playoffs 6 times since their inception in 95 to the Knicks 11 since that time in the pitiful east.

so if thats a losing culture then toronto must be a D-League losing culture for lack of a better term.

how about we see Toronto come out of the 1st round before we define losing culture...

This poster also brings up the other posters team and attacks them and leads to another offtopic discussion. To answer his question, yes, Toronto has an even worse losing culture than the knicks, we have not won anything. but The franchise is taking a turn for the better, we're going to win 50 games this year and at least advance to the 2nd round. THanks for continuing to set the tone for how people perceive knick fans-- unrealistic baboons who offer nothing insightful and who only attack other when things arent going well, smh.

Goose17
12-07-2014, 07:46 AM
The franchise is taking a turn for the better, we're going to win 50 games this year and at least advance to the 2nd round.

Can you tell me the lottery numbers for next week? You know, just while you have the crystal ball out.

nyyfan4life
12-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Not a bad draft to tank, IMO. There are three really good big man prospects that are projected to go early. They need to nab one of them and rebuild.

sjbirds
12-07-2014, 10:59 AM

Hahaha nice valid response..just because you think the Knicks are gonna be awesome every year and every year they suck doesn't mean you gotta lash out on someone

ghettosean
12-07-2014, 11:15 AM

DoMeFavors has a valid point even if you want to pretend he doesn't. If you are going to play on a team for 3-4 years you'll want to know what your role will be and if you'll fit into the system of that team. Especially if you have lots of options on the table like all elite free agents.

Sandman
12-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Below are just typical behaviour regarding knick fans. Whenever someone says a legitimate argument, the only things knick fans can say in regards to these questions is simply to attack the player who said something, and their respective team

Exhibit A:

This had nothing to do with the thread topic, instead it's a knick fan unable to defend and rebuttle an argument and simply insult another team's poster and lead to an off-topic discussion.

DoMeFavors has a valid point even if you want to pretend he doesn't. If you are going to play on a team for 3-4 years you'll want to know what your role will be and if you'll fit into the system of that team. Especially if you have lots of options on the table like all elite free agents.

Oh, apparently you guys missed the thread title and first post. There is no legitimate discussion to be had in this thread and there is no actual subject to debate or rebut.

To your point, yes you probably want to know what your role will be if you plan to be with the team for even 1-2 years. None of these guys will be there next year. This is quickly turning into a tire fire.

But if you came into this thread looking for a good discussion or people that could define the word "rebuttal" then you're gonna have a bad time.

here's the award winner...

Why hasn't Fisher ever played on Team USA or won a Defensive Player of the Year Award?
Why hasnt Chandler developed a 3 point shot? or won 5 championships? Stop talking up Chandler.

mightybosstone
12-07-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't care if you call it tanking or just say that the Knicks suck, but something is clearly broken with that team. I don't think most non-Knicks fans thought they were going to be good this season, but I also don't think most of us thought they would be remotely this terrible.

No, they don't have a ton of talent on that team, but there's enough talent for them to at least hover around .500 and compete for a playoff spot in the East. But they're just not getting contributions from guys they should be getting contributions from. JR Smith has become a complete joke of a basketball player, Dalembert is not playing up to his usual standards, and they're not seeing nearly enough progression out of their young wings (Shumpert and Hardaway). Right now, it's pretty much Melo, Amare, Calderon and a bunch of D-League caliber players.

They've got to find some way to get more production out of the talent they have on their roster or they're not going to win even 30 games this year.

DoMeFavors
12-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Another issue is why would free agents come to a team and play for a coach if he has 25 wins this season and trust he will win games? Doesn't Fisher have to show he can coach before top stars or top free agents decide to sign with team? Knick fans are downplaying how important winning is to free agents.

KnickNyKnick
12-07-2014, 12:29 PM

Exhibit A:

exhibit b:

This poster also brings up the other posters team and attacks them and leads to another offtopic discussion. To answer his question, yes, Toronto has an even worse losing culture than the knicks, we have not won anything. but The franchise is taking a turn for the better, we're going to win 50 games this year and at least advance to the 2nd round. THanks for continuing to set the tone for how people perceive knick fans-- unrealistic baboons who offer nothing insightful and who only attack other when things arent going well, smh.

nope, you only get this type of reply when the comments are in response to you only lol. and there is no off topic discussions here just facts, and the fact about it all is that youre the only one who cant wait to attack the Knicks. everyday.

Im just questioning your definition of a losing culture when its been way better than the team you follow. So im just pointing out examples of the trollness you say you dont exemplify.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Not a bad draft to tank, IMO. There are three really good big man prospects that are projected to go early. They need to nab one of them and rebuild.

Knicks will sign M. Gasol

FriedTofuz
12-07-2014, 02:26 PM

Knicks will sign M. Gasol

Yeah leave one of the best teams in the NBA to join one of the worst teams in the league who are in the east and stll losing, definitely.

FriedTofuz
12-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Another issue is why would free agents come to a team and play for a coach if he has 25 wins this season and trust he will win games? Doesn't Fisher have to show he can coach before top stars or top free agents decide to sign with team? Knick fans are downplaying how important winning is to free agents.

Apparently all these reasons are irrelvant to the knicks because they think that the free agents wll come to NY because of endorsements and "melo + a top 5 pick" when they fail to realize it's going to take a few years for that top 5 pick to become anything and right now melo is not a superstar with his team losing so many games in the east. The knicks are better off rebuilding and trading melo for draft picks and young players.

benny01
12-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Apparently all these reasons are irrelvant to the knicks because they think that the free agents wll come to NY because of endorsements and "melo + a top 5 pick" when they fail to realize it's going to take a few years for that top 5 pick to become anything and right now melo is not a superstar with his team losing so many games in the east. The knicks are better off rebuilding and trading melo for draft picks and young players.
Not that I believe that Jackson is a svengali like most but he will get free agents to NY. He also understands, maybe better than most, how to sell role players on their roles. The knicks have a toxic mix of players at this point, but that could easily be rectified in the off-season. There are a lot of players that the knicks could get via trade or in free agency that would fit in the triangle, and make them a viable team next season. Not a knicks fan.

To your other point earlier, your right, this is as much a troll thread as any of yours, though yours were too. There is no discussion to be had outside of knick suck. Shouldn't really be in the main.

DoMeFavors
12-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't get why you throw 85 million together in Fisher and Phil plus assistant coaches for a losing season, that to me is a failure. Both are unproven at their current jobs Fisher never coached and Phil was never a President of BBall Operations. The Triangle is just a gimmick at this point, the team should be playing and using an offense that fits the players, not trying to find players that fit it. Its now on Fisher's and Phils and now Melos resume that they will have a losing season in all likeliness . Melo 2 years in a row. Players aren't taking discounts to play for Knicks currently.

JordansBulls
12-07-2014, 03:48 PM
The answer is to trade Carmelo with how the bad the Knicks have been. They might as well start from scratch because that team will not get better.

Goose17
12-07-2014, 03:51 PM
So can we have a ban on people making threads about the Knicks? Houston got special treatment, why not N.Y?

ghettosean
12-07-2014, 03:59 PM
^ Because there fan base isn't crying about it to the mods

ghettosean
12-07-2014, 04:03 PM
The answer is to trade Carmelo with how the bad the Knicks have been. They might as well start from scratch because that team will not get better.

I haven't said this yet but I've thought about it... If they strike out on future free agents I don't see how they can avoid this option since Melo can bring so much back in return in a trade because unless they sign a big name free agent this team will stay in mediocrity. Sometimes you just need to start from scratch and rebuild and with all the talent in the next draft it might be worth considering now to be honest.

nycericanguy
12-07-2014, 04:11 PM

If the Knicks strike out this summer, I think Melo will be traded to the Bulls.

I think the no-trade clause was just Melo protecting where he goes obviously. But he was very close to signing in CHI, if the money were even he might have signed in CHI... Now he has the contract.

I don't think Phil will ask Melo to come back to a bad team again next year. I think they will mutually look at trade options if the Knicks strike out in FAgency.

DoMeFavors
12-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I haven't said this yet but I've thought about it... If they strike out on future free agents I don't see how they can avoid this option since Melo can bring so much back in return in a trade because unless they sign a big name free agent this team will stay in mediocrity. Sometimes you just need to start from scratch and rebuild and with all the talent in the next draft it might be worth considering now to be honest.
Dolan wont agree with that,Melo makes him money so Melo would have to agree to be traded I am sure.

nycericanguy
12-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Dolan wont agree with that,Melo makes him money so Melo would have to agree to be traded I am sure.

Dolan isn't the GM and MSG sells out every year even if the Knicks win 20 games...

DoMeFavors
12-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Dolan isn't the GM and MSG sells out every year even if the Knicks win 20 games...

He still can raise ticket prices, get sales off Melo jerseys. Dolan has final say he did on Lowry trade last yr, Kerr hire at start of negotiations, and Phil wanting new Medical Staff. Stop acting like Dolan wont be involved in a Melo trade.

BGeer091
12-07-2014, 04:48 PM
I think the Knicks are tanking now. I mean if you look at the roster it's not exactly terrible, but there were plenty of cheap F.A they could have brought in to build a better team. I'm actually glad they didn't though. The Knicks used to always make those band aid type moves. This apparent decision to tank is actually a very good one. What good would an 8th or 9th seed team do for us? There is no impact players around the position we'd pick. Town/Okafor/and Mudiay look like impact players. More importantly they look like impact players who compliment Melo. For once IMO the Knicks actually look to be making good decisions.

We still have to get through the trading deadline. That's when we will truly find out what the Knicks/Phil are. My hope is we can shed J.R without giving up a pick/young player. I hope we take advantage of the value Amare is building lately. I'm not saying he's back to his former all star self. Just that he has value now.

GiantsSwaGG
12-07-2014, 05:58 PM
So can we have a ban on people making threads about the Knicks? Houston got special treatment, why not N.Y?

Only ppl making Knicks thread Kobe and Tofuz

benny01
12-07-2014, 06:00 PM
If the Knicks strike out this summer, I think Melo will be traded to the Bulls.

I think the no-trade clause was just Melo protecting where he goes obviously. But he was very close to signing in CHI, if the money were even he might have signed in CHI... Now he has the contract.

I don't think Phil will ask Melo to come back to a bad team again next year. I think they will mutually look at trade options if the Knicks strike out in FAgency.
I think that ship has sailed. They should keep him and go after Gibson to pair with Gasol or a guy like Asik if the lose on Gasol.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah leave one of the best teams in the NBA to join one of the worst teams in the league who are in the east and stll losing, definitely.
it doesn't matter how good or bad 1 team is what matters is the playoffs if the grizz are a 1st or 2nd rd exit he's going to ny whats so hard to get:confused:

sjbirds
12-08-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't get why you throw 85 million together in Fisher and Phil plus assistant coaches for a losing season, that to me is a failure. Both are unproven at their current jobs Fisher never coached and Phil was never a President of BBall Operations. The Triangle is just a gimmick at this point, the team should be playing and using an offense that fits the players, not trying to find players that fit it. Its now on Fisher's and Phils and now Melos resume that they will have a losing season in all likeliness . Melo 2 years in a row. Players aren't taking discounts to play for Knicks currently.
I agreed work most of what you were saying for once but weren't you ecstatic when the nets got Kidd last year and wanted phil as a gm before that? Haha c'mon you gotta be consistent

blahblahyoutoo
12-08-2014, 03:10 PM
it doesn't matter how good or bad 1 team is what matters is the playoffs if the grizz are a 1st or 2nd rd exit he's going to ny whats so hard to get:confused:

wait what??
i'm not claiming to predict I know what he's going to do, like what you're doing, but i don't follow the logic.

why would he leave a good situation to go to an unknown one? maybe if the pay was significantly more, i can understand.

Necrosis
12-08-2014, 03:17 PM

LOL, another optimist, you were claiming the knicks would be good this year, now you seem to think that marc gasol would leave a way better situation out west for an absolutely piss poor one in new york, for what reason? they aren't close to winning at all, they have holes all over the roster. Phil Jackson has already gotten raped in one trade so far. Chandler is a difference maker, calderon and Sammy are not, larkin sucks bad. Phil has no experience doing this job, he very well could be terrible.

2-ONE-5
12-08-2014, 03:18 PM

you are wrong. Melo never went anywhere/missed multiple palyoffs and he didnt leave.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 03:39 PM
wait what??
i'm not claiming to predict I know what he's going to do, like what you're doing, but i don't follow the logic.

why would he leave a good situation to go to an unknown one? maybe if the pay was significantly more, i can understand.
bcuz the west is stacked and the grizz always win 50 games just to lose in the first or 2nd rd that's not a good situation
also how am I predicting anything genius I said IF the grizz lose in the first or 2nd rd gasol is leaving to ny

LOL, another optimist, you were claiming the knicks would be good this year, now you seem to think that marc gasol would leave a way better situation out west for an absolutely piss poor one in new york, for what reason? they aren't close to winning at all, they have holes all over the roster. Phil Jackson has already gotten raped in one trade so far. Chandler is a difference maker, calderon and Sammy are not, larkin sucks bad. Phil has no experience doing this job, he very well could be terrible.lmao worry about your on team pj won that trade by far the trade was to make us top 5 lottery worse and calderon and gasol are very close he might be the reason we get marc g along with a top 3 pick

I do admit I had us winning the divison lmao

you are wrong. Melo never went anywhere/missed multiple palyoffs and he didnt leave.

melo is from ny genius and melo was in the same boat as marc g just a 2nd exit at best idc about the reg season the playoffs will determine if stars leave or not

another thing you guys are forgetting is never rule out a player on a small market going to a big market team and ny is the biggest market marc g would be a god in ny and make a ton of money off of endorsements that he couldn't do in memphis

Sandman
12-08-2014, 03:46 PM
bcuz the west is stacked and the grizz always win 50 games just to lose in the first or 2nd rd that's not a good situation
also how am I predicting anything genius I said IF the grizz lose in the first or 2nd rd gasol is leaving to ny
lmao worry about your on team pj won that trade by far the trade was to make us top 5 lottery worse and calderon and gasol are very close he might be the reason we get marc g along with a top 3 pick

melo is from ny genius and melo was in the same boat as marc g just a 2nd exit at best idc about the reg season the playoffs will determine if stars leave or not

another thing you guys are forgetting is never rule out a player on a small market going to a big market team and ny is the biggest market marc g would be a god in ny and make a ton of money off of endorsements that he couldn't do in memphis

I mean, LeBron left Cleveland who was the #1 seed. Past record isn't as important as putting together something that at least looks like a better opportunity.

2-ONE-5
12-08-2014, 03:54 PM
lmao worry about your on team pj won that trade by far the trade was to make us top 5 lottery worse and calderon and gasol are very close he might be the reason we get marc g along with a top 3 pick

lol if all that is true why hasnt NY landed any other big FA's? Gasol doesnt come off as the type to care about fame and all that to begin with

Vampirate
12-08-2014, 04:28 PM
In terms of this season the Knicks have hit rock bottom...only 2 wins better than Philidelphia....

On the other hand a very high draft pick might truly be the only thing to really turn their franchise around.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
lol if all that is true why hasnt NY landed any other big FA's? Gasol doesnt come off as the type to care about fame and all that to begin with
lmao but we landed melo stat and Tyson our problem was the salary cap not players not wanting to be here if we had used the amnesty on stat cp3 would have been a knick this isn't baseball where you can sign a max every year I do agree with you tho gasol doesn't look like a big city guy but he also never had the opportunity to play in one so you never know

people say gasol grew up in Memphis he moved their for 2 years when he was 16 :laugh2:

bucketss
12-08-2014, 04:47 PM

he might leave the grizz but why exactly would he go to one of the worst teams in the league?

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 04:54 PM
he might leave the grizz but why exactly would he go to one of the worst teams in the league?

2 things who else will have cap

we will have enough for marc g and another player like millsapp Monroe dragic Jackson or rondo along with a top 3 pick I think it's safe to say we won't be that bad next year:D

the heat sucked before the big 3

the Celtics sucked before the big 3

the cavs sucked before their big 3 now

the clippers sucked before cp3

2-ONE-5
12-08-2014, 04:57 PM
lmao but we landed melo stat and Tyson our problem was the salary cap not players not wanting to be here if we had used the amnesty on stat cp3 would have been a knick this isn't baseball where you can sign a max every year I do agree with you tho gasol doesn't look like a big city guy but he also never had the opportunity to play in one so you never know

people say gasol grew up in Memphis he moved their for 2 years when he was 16 :laugh2:

You only got Melo bcuz he was from NY otherwise (similar to James and the Cavs) he wouldnt be there. But you named 3 players and only 1 was/is a star. How about the countless number of all star level players you missed out on over the years?

2-ONE-5
12-08-2014, 05:01 PM

we will have enough for marc g and another player like millsapp Monroe dragic Jackson or rondo along with a top 3 pick I think it's safe to say we won't be that bad next year:D

just like it was safe to say you wouldnt suck this year?

Pierzynski4Prez
12-08-2014, 05:06 PM
You only got Melo bcuz he was from NY otherwise (similar to James and the Cavs) he wouldnt be there. But you named 3 players and only 1 was/is a star. How about the countless number of all star level players you missed out on over the years?

They got Melo because they traded for him actually. I wouldn't waste your time responding to that one though.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 05:16 PM

why not just stay in Memphis? Memphis has approx 6M more in salary than NY next year but i'm sure they could trade some salary for 2nd round picks. Memphis is a more rounded team even in the off season.

and why would Marc Gasol go to NY. He would come to Toronto before NY.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 05:16 PM

this.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2014, 05:46 PM
If Memphis and NY give Marc the same deal why would he pick NY over Memphis? He has no loyalty? He doesn't enjoy his teammates or the city of Memphis where he has lived for 10 years? I just don't get why Marc would go to NY.... Marc doesn't strike me as the attention guy that wants to be the man of attention like certain stars are.

truplayer199
12-08-2014, 05:52 PM

You are truly deluding yourself. I can't think of an example in which a player took less money (Memphis have his bird's rights) to sign with a team that is far inferior and haven't won squat in a long time. Don't even think about mentioning Lebron leaving Cleveland as that was collusion at best.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
You are truly deluding yourself. I can't think of an example in which a player took less money (Memphis have his bird's rights) to sign with a team that is far inferior and haven't won squat in a long time. Don't even think about mentioning Lebron leaving Cleveland as that was collusion at best.

its been reported Knicks think they have ZERO shot at Marc

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 08:06 PM
its been reported Knicks think they have ZERO shot at Marc

very reasonable though. How often has it happened that a MAJOR star leaves his team to sign straight up with another team? Only a sign and trade would work. AND THERE IS NOTHING NEW YORK can offer to Memphis for a sign and trade for Marc Gasol lol.

some of these NY fans are the most delusional. First they said they team had a chance for the division crown. Second of all now, they have a chance at the marquee free agent in Marc Gasol. I see a trend.

I laugh at the Knicks now because Chandler is popping over in Dallas. I mean I haven't seen him so happy and full of energy. I guess leaving the Knicks will do that to you.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2014, 08:12 PM
very reasonable though. How often has it happened that a MAJOR star leaves his team to sign straight up with another team? Only a sign and trade would work. AND THERE IS NOTHING NEW YORK can offer to Memphis for a sign and trade for Marc Gasol lol.

some of these NY fans are the most delusional. First they said they team had a chance for the division crown. Second of all now, they have a chance at the marquee free agent in Marc Gasol. I see a trend.

I laugh at the Knicks now because Chandler is popping over in Dallas. I mean I haven't seen him so happy and full of energy. I guess leaving the Knicks will do that to you.
Dolan is a smart smart man every year he gets people talking about his Knicks and Knick fans excited. He got Phil Jackson as a President and people thought a championship was coming. Knicks have a lot of work to do and Melo has now wasted TWO prime years and he is 30. He has wasted 2 of his prime years on a losing team his time is running out.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 08:52 PM

touche I had us winning the division:hide:

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 08:54 PM
why not just stay in Memphis? Memphis has approx 6M more in salary than NY next year but i'm sure they could trade some salary for 2nd round picks. Memphis is a more rounded team even in the off season.

and why would Marc Gasol go to NY. He would come to Toronto before NY.
:speechless::crying::laugh2:

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 09:05 PM

I laugh at the Knicks now because Chandler is popping over in Dallas. I mean I haven't seen him so happy and full of energy. I guess leaving the Knicks will do that to you.you do bring up a good point with the money I give you that but gasol has said he wants to win and imo the grizz are not getting past the dubs spurs the west is tough if they get knocked out early he's gone and pau took a pay cut to join the bulls sometimes it's not all about money expect more stars to come east in the next couple years and a sign an trade might be an option so the grizz don't lose gasol for nothing maybe jr and shump for marc g idk it wouldn't have to be a fair deal bcz gasol is leaving and we have cap space

lmao why cavs fans were jokes and nobody saw lethot going back home it's actually a good example another one is d12 I never said it was a lock lmao but we do have melod pj imo will coach the team to lure gasol here along with a top pick and still enough cap left over for another really good player or two

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
:speechless::crying::laugh2:

why wouldn't he? We are one piece from becoming championship contender and that is a front court piece

you said Gasol wants to win. Toronto has ALL the pieces to surround Gasol with.

we got the bench, we got elite back court. we got young players, veterans.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2014, 09:50 PM
If I was Marc and I had to choose between New York and I would pick Raptors no question

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 10:08 PM
why wouldn't he? We are one piece from becoming championship contender and that is a front court piece

you said Gasol wants to win. Toronto has ALL the pieces to surround Gasol with.

we got the bench, we got elite back court. we got young players, veterans.

:laugh2: I guess we are just lucky you guys have big val

but seriously you guys won't have enough cap for a max

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 10:13 PM
the raps are better then I thought I give you guys that but if you think they are the best team in the east your delusional the cavs have chemistry issues the wiz are missing beal the bulls have injuries and the pacers are missing pg don't expect the raps to stay on top for long

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 10:28 PM
:laugh2: I guess we are just lucky you guys have big val

but seriously you guys won't have enough cap for a max

Val is only 22 years old.

we might not right now. things can happen from now till Free agency

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 10:32 PM
the raps are better then I thought I give you guys that but if you think they are the best team in the east your delusional the cavs have chemistry issues the wiz are missing beal the bulls have injuries and the pacers are missing pg don't expect the raps to stay on top for long

washington isn't that good. who is delusional? everyone knows the Cavs are the most talented team in the East lol don't give yourself too much credit by stating the obvious.

PACERS? WTF? LOL :facepalm:

JEDean89
12-08-2014, 10:36 PM
don't listen to eastfb knicks, the dude has been thinking the knicks are on the verge of contending for a while now. reality and logic don't apply

JEDean89
12-08-2014, 10:37 PM
come on guys clearly the 4-18 most scrutinized team in the league is everyones FA dream. Gasol is coming this summer, then Durant and Wall will take a paycut to play here together guys. clearly we are the knicks and every fa wants to play for phil for less money in the most expensive city to live in in the country.

bucketss
12-08-2014, 10:47 PM

are you saying if wiz had beal they would be better? also raps are currently missing derozan, not like we have been healthy.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:33 PM
don't listen to eastfb knicks, the dude has been thinking the knicks are on the verge of contending for a while now. reality and logic don't apply

lmao you live in Denver you fake fan we did contend like 2 years ago 54 wins is pretty good lmao so your saying it's a bad thing to have faith in your team :eyebrow:

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:34 PM
are you saying if wiz had beal they would be better? also raps are currently missing derozan, not like we have been healthy.
umm yeah the wiz with beal is a lot better and derozan just went down

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:37 PM
washington isn't that good. who is delusional? everyone knows the Cavs are the most talented team in the East lol don't give yourself too much credit by stating the obvious.

PACERS? WTF? LOL :facepalm:

so you really think the raps are better then the pacers with pg and probably a lottery pick next year your delusional:facepalm:

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 11:39 PM
lmao you live in Denver you fake fan we did contend like 2 years ago 54 wins is pretty good lmao so your saying it's a bad thing to have faith in your team :eyebrow:

that 54 win year was a fluke. absurd record breaking amount of 3 pointers made. why was it a fluke? well they haven't success after that nor did they really have any success before that.

only in your mind you thought they were contenders. Even though they finished 2nd, noone outside the extreme Knicks fan ring thought they were truly contenders.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 11:40 PM
so you really think the raps are better then the pacers with pg and probably a lottery pick next year your delusional:facepalm:

you thought the Knicks were gonna be better than the Raptors AND Brooklyn this year AND win the division

you're delusional. and yes. PG is overrated. They haven't been real contenders at all because they couldn't get over the hump. he's a chucker and a 3 and D guy at thus far. people like you were calling him a superstar

LOL

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:43 PM
that 54 win year was a fluke. absurd record breaking amount of 3 pointers made. why was it a fluke? well they haven't success after that nor did they really have any success before that.

only in your mind you thought they were contenders. Even though they finished 2nd, noone outside the extreme Knicks fan ring thought they were truly contenders.
fluke no our real coach was j kidd that year he was our coach on the court ntm kmart k Thomas and sheed were also huge for us once we lost them all mainly kidd we sucked again

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 11:45 PM
fluke no our real coach was j kidd that year he was our coach on the court ntm kmart k Thomas and sheed were also huge for us once we lost them all mainly kidd we sucked again

keep telling yourself that. lost in the second round, with home court advantage. pretender.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:46 PM
you thought the Knicks were gonna be better than the Raptors AND Brooklyn this year AND win the division

you're delusional. and yes. PG is overrated. They haven't been real contenders at all because they couldn't get over the hump. he's a chucker and a 3 and D guy at thus far. people like you were calling him a superstar

LOL
if pg is overrated then whats derozan cuz pg>>>>>>>derozan by far:speechless:

and yes I had us winning the division that doesn't make me delusional just a little bias:D

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:48 PM
keep telling yourself that. lost in the second round, with home court advantage. pretender.
atleast we made it out of the first:laugh:

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 11:51 PM
if pg is overrated then whats derozan cuz pg>>>>>>>derozan by far:speechless:

and yes I had us winning the division that doesn't make me delusional just a little bias:D

is he? what has PG done to garner so much attention? he shoots a lower FG% than Derozan. and we already define Derozan as somewhat a chucker. ... wonder what PG is then....

don't worry, I'm not a big Derozan fan either. I've always been saying he's overrated. moot point now.

Cal827
12-08-2014, 11:52 PM

Don't mean this as insult an any way but of curiosity, I guess that you're in the crowd that thinks that the Pacers team is better without Stephenson than with? To me, that team needed a complete revamp from pretty much everyone but George. I don't know what exactly happened to Hibbert, the team almost got upset last year by the 8 seed, then the 5 seed, and were on the downfall from pretty much February on.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 11:55 PM
atleast we made it out of the first:laugh:

for such a storied franchise and what fans keep saying as a city that NBA players love to play for, you saying that proves the Knicks have been just as bad since the innaugaration of the Raptors

funny fact: Raptors have more Atlantic division wins than the Knicks since the Raptors became an NBA team.

east fb knicks
12-08-2014, 11:58 PM
is he? what has PG done to garner so much attention? he shoots a lower FG% than Derozan. and we already define Derozan as somewhat a chucker. ... wonder what PG is then....

don't worry, I'm not a big Derozan fan either. I've always been saying he's overrated. moot point now.
dude you can't be serious a healthy pg is a top 5 player and I hate the pacers more than I hate the raps
'first he's the best defender at his position second hes an elite athlete third he actually attacks the basket he's a great ball handler and playmaker im not sure if your serious but pg is a beast I mean dam bro the pacers won 50 games back to back and reached the ecf back to back I know you don't think that big dope hibbert or even better yet that idiot lance had anything to do with it

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 11:59 PM
dude you can't be serious a healthy pg is a top 5 player and I hate the pacers more than I hate the raps
'first he's the best defender at his position second hes an elite athlete third he actually attacks the basket he's a great ball handler and playmaker im not sure if your serious but pg is a beast I mean dam bro the pacers won 50 games back to back and reached the ecf back to back I know you don't think that big dope hibbert or even better yet that idiot lance had anything to do with it

you done. lost all credibility right there. you don't know **** about the NBA.

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:03 AM
for such a storied franchise and what fans keep saying as a city that NBA players love to play for, you saying that proves the Knicks have been just as bad since the innaugaration of the Raptors

funny fact: Raptors have more Atlantic division wins than the Knicks since the Raptors became an NBA team.

ok the knicks have sucked as a franchise for this past decade but don't get it twisted we had a dude named Patrick ewing and as bad as we sucked for this past decade we were great before this bs

and you are truly delusional if you don't think nyc is a place players want to live in or msg isn't a historic place to play at the knicks don't attract players but this great city does

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:05 AM
you done. lost all credibility right there. you don't know **** about the NBA.
lmao I don't please enlighten me when pg was healthy he was fkn balling and had his team on top in the east even over the big 3

Cal827
12-09-2014, 12:08 AM

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Curry
Various guys (Carmelo, Westbrook)

Who's your top 5?

bucketss
12-09-2014, 12:09 AM
umm yeah the wiz with beal is a lot better and derozan just went down

a lot better? you can't be serious. but than again you said the knicks would win the divisions.

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Don't mean this as insult an any way but of curiosity, I guess that you're in the crowd that thinks that the Pacers team is better without Stephenson than with? To me, that team needed a complete revamp from pretty much everyone but George. I don't know what exactly happened to Hibbert, the team almost got upset last year by the 8 seed, then the 5 seed, and were on the downfall from pretty much February on.

no I think lance was great for the pacers I just think he's fkn dumb hibbert was the downfall of that team once his production dropped they started playing mediocre but imo pg is a beast the best 2 way player in the nba hopefully he comes back healthy I hate his team but I love his game

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:11 AM
a lot better? you can't be serious. but than again you said the knicks would win the divisions.

you guys are going to keep reminding me huh:sad2:

koreancabbage
12-09-2014, 12:12 AM
lmao I don't please enlighten me when pg was healthy he was fkn balling and had his team on top in the east even over the big 3

sorry but if you thought PG brought the Pacers to top of the pecking order all by himself you got to be ****ing kidding me. It was the all round depth of the starting 5 plus their bench. PG was laboring throughout the season and pretty much sucking at times. Lance rescued them more so than not in his last two years when PG would go on some bad disappearing acts - esp after when the leaked picture of him showing his junk to a girl via text. lol

maturity isn't there. you're saying he's a top 5 player when there is obviously 5 better players many people can name off the top of their head not named PG. :facepalm: just because PG could guard elite players doesn't mean he's a top 5 player. he score 21 points on 43% shooting. that's just pure chucking right there. i don't know many top 5 players with that atrocious shooting. he was just part of the Pacers cog. Pacers system made him.

like i said, if you thought he was a top 5 player - you need to watch more basketball. and if you think PG was a top 5 basketball player you must think Carmelo is a reincarnation of Michael Jordan.

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Lebron
Durant
CP3
Curry
Various guys (Carmelo, Westbrook)

Who's your top 5?

ima do 2 1 is for this year the other is for if guys are healthy

curry
LeBron
Durant
cp3
marc g

if players are healthy

curry
lbj
Durant
cp3
pg

bucketss
12-09-2014, 12:20 AM
ima do 2 1 is for this year the other is for if guys are healthy

curry
LeBron
Durant
cp3
marc g

if players are healthy

curry
lbj
Durant
cp3
pg

so curry was the best player in the league last year? im praying this isn't in order, although thats a pretty funny list regardless.

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:24 AM
sorry but if you thought PG brought the Pacers to top of the pecking order all by himself you got to be ****ing kidding me. It was the all round depth of the starting 5 plus their bench. PG was laboring throughout the season and pretty much sucking at times. Lance rescued them more so than not in his last two years when PG would go on some bad disappearing acts - esp after when the leaked picture of him showing his junk to a girl via text. lol

maturity isn't there. you're saying he's a top 5 player when there is obviously 5 better players many people can name off the top of their head not named PG. :facepalm: just because PG could guard elite players doesn't mean he's a top 5 player. he score 21 points on 43% shooting. that's just pure chucking right there. i don't know many top 5 players with that atrocious shooting. he was just part of the Pacers cog. Pacers system made him.

like i said, if you thought he was a top 5 player - you need to watch more basketball. and if you think PG was a top 5 basketball player you must think Carmelo is a reincarnation of Michael Jordan.
bcuz their are two sides to the basketball court yes pg being able to guard anybody heavily favors into my decision of him being top 5 but his fg numbers are pretty bad bcuz the pacers lack of an offensive system he pretty much was forced to shoot bad shot bcuz nobody else could score and lmao lance didn't save shyt what are you talking about:confused: pg being doubled team and hibberts occasional disappearing acts caused lance to have inflated numbers he sure as hell aint saving the hornets right now lmao

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:27 AM
so curry was the best player in the league last year? im praying this isn't in order, although thats a pretty funny list regardless.

omg I said this list is for this year the 2nd is for if pg was healthy genius:facepalm:

im sorry I didn't put lowry at number 1 I must be crazy but you must not watch the nba if you don't think curry is the mvp right now

bucketss
12-09-2014, 12:29 AM
omg I said this list is for this year the 2nd is for if pg was healthy genius:facepalm:

im sorry I didn't put lowry at number 1 I must be crazy but you must not watch the nba if you don't think curry is the mvp right now

you're just digging a deeper hole.

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 12:42 AM
you're just digging a deeper hole.
how about I see yours so I could laugh

Cal827
12-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Can everyone stop arguing so I can finally go to my porn break. Goddamn this forum is inconsiderate!

east fb knicks
12-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Can everyone stop arguing so I can finally go to my porn break. Goddamn this forum is inconsiderate!

:laugh2:

FriedTofuz
12-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Koreancabbage why are you trolling knick fans by arguing back with them? :)

EastFbKnicks, even with a healthy beal, the Raptors will be better than the wizards. they've always been better than the wizards you've not even done your homework and looked at the boxscore.

FriedTofuz
12-09-2014, 02:43 AM
you could just go watch your porn, our posts dont afffect you. :confused:

koreancabbage
12-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Koreancabbage why are you trolling knick fans by arguing back with them? :)

EastFbKnicks, even with a healthy beal, the Raptors will be better than the wizards. they've always been better than the wizards you've not even done your homework and looked at the boxscore.

Lol how is it trolling? We are actually taking about something serious and the funny thing is that Knicks fans denounce EastFBKnicks as well lol. Addiitionally, we aren't even talking about the Knicks.

EastFBKnicks- even Melo has been better than PG in the last two years. You talk about Lances inflated stats but he a great reason for their success the last two years - particuraly if you think PGs stats are not inflated but Lance's are. You haven't watched many Pacers games but PG, when healthy, was horrific for many games last year.

I'm pretty much done as no one will agree with you but it was a funny conversation because I, just like every reasonable Knicks fan, think you're delusional lol.

PhillyFaninLA
12-09-2014, 08:42 AM
So a Lakers fan is making a topic to rip the Knicks about being bad.

I guess the Lakers are going to win the title this year so this topic is not baiting or trolling at all.

nycericanguy
12-09-2014, 11:12 AM

I guess the Lakers are going to win the title this year so this topic is not baiting or trolling at all.

PSD just can't get enough of the Knicks!...lol. Most of the posts here are TOR and MIA fans...

Knicks need their own EVERYTHING KNICKS thread in the NBA forum...

Love em or hate em, they are the most talked about team in the league...

2-ONE-5
12-09-2014, 12:09 PM
you mean on PSD. Nationally the media talks about the Sixers more than the Knicks

truplayer199
12-09-2014, 12:26 PM

I don't get your logic. Also, where did the OP rip the Knicks?

FriedTofuz
12-09-2014, 08:07 PM
knicks are back,

FriedTofuz
12-09-2014, 08:29 PM
I mean, which free agent wouldnt want to sign on a team that has currently won 15 % of their games so far.
Melo is clearly a top talent to attract free agent to come by here with him leading his team to 15% wins. A rookie coach and a rookie gm are definitely going to attack people to leave their winning team out west ( memphis and portland) and join the knicks.

Knicks are going to strike out in free agency. The Lakers have a better chance getting rondo than the knicks.

Crackadalic
12-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I mean, which free agent wouldnt want to sign on a team that has currently won 15 % of their games so far.
Melo is clearly a top talent to attract free agent to come by here with him leading his team to 15% wins. A rookie coach and a rookie gm are definitely going to attack people to leave their winning team out west ( memphis and portland) and join the knicks.

Knicks are going to strike out in free agency. The Lakers have a better chance getting rondo than the knicks.

lmao now your contradicting yourself. You say we can't attract FA's but the lakers can get Rondo who is winning 23% of their games so far in a tougher western conference with a old kobe. Ok

koreancabbage
12-09-2014, 08:36 PM
lmao now your contradicting yourself. You say we can't attract FA's but the lakers can get Rondo who is winning 23% of their games so far in a tougher western conference with a old kobe. Ok

23 > 15

FriedTofuz
12-09-2014, 08:43 PM

The difference is the knicks cannot even compare to the Lakers. Lakers are a franchise that has won, what have the knicks ever won? One championship in 50 years? Yeah still more than the Raptors, I agree, but remember that the raptors game out in 1995 not as long ago as the knicks. On topic, the Lakers have a much brigther future than the knicks.

Crackadalic
12-09-2014, 08:48 PM
The difference is the knicks cannot even compare to the Lakers. Lakers are a franchise that has won, what have the knicks ever won? One championship in 50 years? Yeah still more than the Raptors, I agree, but remember that the raptors game out in 1995 not as long ago as the knicks. On topic, the Lakers have a much brigther future than the knicks.

Number one the whole losing thing is so overblown its not even funny. Once again you just said nobody is coming to a losing team yet you mention the Lakers who is losing as well

Second don't use that Lakers franchise past for what is going on now. I seen what Jim buss has done that team so far.

They have no establish star once Kobe retires, they lose their top pick if its not in the top 5 and they play in the loaded western conference

At least the Knicks can hang there hat on melo/draft pick/cap space in a weak conference

If we did make the playoffs what difference does attracting FA's will make when half the team is off the books next season?

FriedTofuz
12-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Number one the whole losing thing is so overblown its not even funny. Once again you just said nobody is coming to a losing team yet you mention the Lakers who is losing as well

Second don't use that Lakers franchise past for what is going on now. I seen what Jim buss has done that team so far.

They have no establish star once Kobe retires, they lose their top pick if its not in the top 5 and they play in the loaded western conference

At least the Knicks can hang there hat on melo/draft pick/cap space in a weak conference

If we did make the playoffs what difference does attracting FA's will make when half the team is off the books next season?

Lakers have always been a winner and class organization, you cant say the same about the Knicks.
It would show that the team ( thek nicks) had commitment to winning, but clearly they have none.

east fb knicks
12-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Lakers have always been a winner and class organization, you cant say the same about the Knicks.
It would show that the team ( thek nicks) had commitment to winning, but clearly they have none.

lmao ther was once this guy named pat ewing im not sure if you heard of him but yeah he kinda got us to the finals and we were a 50 win team for like a decade don't compare the pathetic raptors history to a historic franchise like the knicks

Crackadalic
12-12-2014, 08:28 PM

Past is the past. Has nothing to do with the now. I respected Jerry Buss. Jim Buss is running the show and he's a turd

If the lakers were committed to winning now they wouldn't have gave kobe that massive contract at his age. Until they get a legit star to take over Kobe the lakers main concern is having the kobe show during this rebuilding season.