PDA

View Full Version : How will David Lee's return impact GSW?

JasonJohnHorn
12-05-2014, 10:09 PM
The Warriors have a league best 16-2 record, but the funny thing is the have an All-Star who has only played 7 minutes so far this season.

I expect David Lee to fit right in with his passing game, but how do you guy think his eventual return will impact team chemistry?

IBleedPurple
12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
If its anything like the playoff series against DEN, they're better off without him.

kobe4thewinbang
12-05-2014, 10:28 PM
There will definitely be an adjustment period. Might cost them a game or two, i.e. they'll lose due to miscommunication/strategy choices. I'm not familiar enough with the team to know how they function with Lee, but given that they are doing well without him, it will shake things up a bit.

TrueFan420
12-05-2014, 10:56 PM
If its anything like the playoff series against DEN, they're better off without him.

If it's anything like the playoff series against the Spurs, they're better off with him.

TrueFan420
12-05-2014, 10:57 PM
The Warriors have a league best 16-2 record, but the funny thing is the have an All-Star who has only played 7 minutes so far this season.

I expect David Lee to fit right in with his passing game, but how do you guy think his eventual return will impact team chemistry?
The interesting thing to see is going to be if he starts or comes off the bench.

likemystylez
12-06-2014, 01:01 AM
I think he will fit right in, and add some interior scoring that the team doesnt have

moshy2
12-06-2014, 01:10 AM
David Lee just makes the Warriors better. You have an 18 and 9 player and former all star coming off the bench, or at least I feel he should. Draymond has been too good to move back to the bench IMO. He was already pushing Lee and he's looking like he's taking another step this year. Lee can do exactly what Speights is doing right now for us, except Lee is much more likely to sustain it throughout the year. Lee has been a part of most of the success of the Warriors, I don't think re-inserting him into the rotation will affect the chemistry at all.

IndyRealist
12-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Work him in off the bench. With as well as Draymond Green is playing, can you really bench him?

Kaner
12-06-2014, 01:43 AM
They should seriously look into moving him cause I don't think he'll help a whole lot. He's not an improvement over Green at this point, even last season his +/- numbers were some of the worst on the team and Draymond Greens proven he can start at pf. Him, speights, and Iguodala could be the best bench front court in the NBA though.

curtcocaine
12-06-2014, 01:51 AM
I think he's gonna make our bench so much better. I wouldnt bench Green if it aint broke dont fix it.

DoMeFavors
12-06-2014, 02:05 AM
They could trade his expiring for something nice, will they do it idn. Could use a backup C, since Speights is doing well.

DoMeFavors
12-06-2014, 02:26 AM
They could trade his expiring for something nice, will they do it idn. Could use a backup C, since Speights is doing well.

jerellh528
12-06-2014, 03:42 AM
Man gs is tough, just another weapon for the arnsenal. But like someone mentioned, maybe trade. His value for gs would truly shine during playoffs where you cant have enough skilled bigs

slaker619
12-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Finals .

Chronz
12-06-2014, 07:17 AM
This team is STACKD

League is FUKD

Goose17
12-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I like Lee off the bench, he's consistent offensively and can score down low, something we've been missing.

With the new emphasis on ball movement, I can't wait to see how he plays in certain situations, I mean can you imagine; Bogut - Lee - Iguodala - Klay - Curry.

That's four high caliber passers (for their respective positions).

Even if he starts I think we'll be okay, but it will be an adjustment.

Personally I would like to see Kerr say "**** it" and just change the starting line up depending on who the opponent is, there's no need to say "these guys are our starters" when we have so many weapons. There might be games where we need Lee to crash the glass and score down low, there might be times when we need Green to pull a defender away from the rim and spread the floor or play solid defense. There might be times when we need to start Barnes for his scoring or times where we need to start Iguodala for his defense and ball handling ability. Why not just change it for what works best against the opponent at the time? There may even be times where Barnes and Iguodala come off the bench, start the splash brothers, Green, Lee and Bogut.

The most sensible thing would be to switch Green and Lee depending on who the opponent is.

PurpleLynch
12-06-2014, 08:45 AM
I don't know. He is both a good player for GS and a good piece for a potential trade(for a backup C and something else). Right now I think that GS should wait and maybe Kerr will find a solution.

nastynice
12-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I can't believe how beast the warriors are. We need to beat the spurs tho. If we don't sweep the rest of the season series vs them, I will not be feeling too great about the playoffs

GSRaider
12-06-2014, 12:50 PM
From what ive read/heard, he's coming off the bench...

Livingston
Barbosa
Iguodala
Lee/Speights
Ezeli/Speights

Got depth?

Two former all stars... Gtfoh

Lee is nothing but good for the Warriors... Start with his passing ability... Hes one of the better passing bigs in the league.., Team needs help in the mid-range and low post offense and bench needs a go-to scorer... He rebounds... Another bigger body...

Since being with the Warriors (can't speak about him before then), he's been a leader, a worker and an all around good guy... No way I see him hurting this team in any sense ( Chemistry, production etc.)

tredigs
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Yeah, all indications are that he's now part of the bench unit and that he's fine with that (team player through n through and really, he can't argue with the record they have) And that's huge because our bench still struggles to rebound and score. Right now they're playing a lot of small ball with Speights at backup C and no true PF, so his skill set will come in huge on there. So long as Bogut remains healthy Draymond is more important as a starter and should stay in that role.

J_M_B
12-06-2014, 01:41 PM
This team is STACKD

League is FUKD

This.

sf-fanatic
12-06-2014, 05:37 PM
This team is STACKD

League is FUKD

Are you trolling ? Haha I cant tell

Bruno
12-06-2014, 07:44 PM
i think it's great as long as they keep rolling with the starting line up they have and he becomes one of the main scorers off the bench.

nastynice
12-06-2014, 08:32 PM
I think we should take it back to the roots and refer to him as "Dawood" Lee. that could really make an impact on the team. have mofos buggin

Sean Moore
12-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Draymond Green has been doing great as a starter, so I don't feel it would be smart to move him to the bench in place of Lee. Especially since he is on my fantasy team and performing at the level of a top 50 player right now. lol

TrueFan420
12-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Does anyone think a rotation of

Livingston
Barbosa
Iggy
Lee
Eziel

6th man: Spieghts

Could beat the bottom feeders of the league in a one off game?

CityofChaos
12-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Thank god the Warriors didn't pull the trigger on the Love deal and its comical that most 'expert' analysts shunned GS for not doing so and predicted that they would be worse than last year. Based on how Kevin Love and the Cavs are performing it seems that the dubs would be no where close to how good they are now if they had shipped Thompson, Lee, OR Green/Barnes for him.

Kevin Love = Overrated. Lee can do everything Love can do except shoot threes...yet Lee is a better post up player than him so imagine how great they could be in the post season with him coming off the bench

BKLYNpigeon
12-06-2014, 11:33 PM
He's going to fit in great. Lee is a Team Player.

Kerr already said, the way Draymond Green is playing, he can't bench him.

lol, please
12-07-2014, 03:52 PM
I think he will fit right in, and add some interior scoring that the team doesnt have
This.

The Warriors will reach another level offensively. I can't wait.

Monta is beast
12-08-2014, 05:10 AM
League leaders in plus/minus.

1) Klay Thompson +305
2) Steph Curry +256
3) Draymond Green +222
4) Harrison Barnes +201
5) Andrew Bogut +194
6) DeAndre Jordan +169
7) Chris Paul +165

Curry//Livingston
Thompson//Barbosa
Barnes//Iguodala
Green//Lee
Bogut//Speights

And I read something a couple weeks ago that the front office is already checking the trade market to try and improve the second unit. Not looking to make a trade but just seeing whats out there.

lol, please
12-08-2014, 09:29 PM
The return of Mibs :worthy:

curtcocaine
12-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Mib coming back is like jack in the box retun to tv lol

bigmac8675
12-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Lee will be with the bench unit.. which is amazing as our bench unit will consist of the following:
Livingston
Barbosa
Iggy
Lee
Ezeli
Speights

LEGIT! I don't see them trading Lee this season with the risk of messing up team chemistry unless he becomes a problem/complains about being a bench guy.

lol, please
12-09-2014, 11:25 PM
He will earn his starting role back or ar least make it a discussion again

tredigs
12-09-2014, 11:54 PM
He will earn his starting role back or ar least make it a discussion again

18-2 on the backs of our starters while our bench unit desperately needs another capable scorer. It would be a horrible move imo, and I see no indication Kerr will make it.

lol, please
12-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Not right away, but he will earn it back potentially by playoff time. He will go hard and be dropping that wet jumper from deep.

tredigs
12-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Not right away, but he will earn it back potentially by playoff time. He will go hard and be dropping that wet jumper from deep.

Draymond's too good. Capable defense and very capable 3pt shooting from a guy who doesn't need the ball to make a large impact... :drool:

There will be plenty of games where we'll want to finish with Lee and he'll get his minutes, but Draymond's clearly a better option to play alongside Bogut and the Splash Brothers. Dray's a big reason for our success.

Chronz
12-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Are you trolling ? Haha I cant tell

Show me a single troll post from me

I honestly can't think of many. If it exists it's most certainly rare. I would trade Doc Rivers for your management any ducking day

lol, please
12-10-2014, 12:04 AM
We will see Tredigs. Still a very small sample size.

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Team is 18-2 and the biggest concern is how will the team be impacted by an all star power forward being added to their second unit. Man, its a tough life.

Jeffy25
12-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I'd start Lee over Green.

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 07:10 PM

cool

Jeffy25
12-10-2014, 07:10 PM
cool

Glad you think it's cool

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Glad you think it's cool

lol i just dont think its a horrible problem to have for a team thats already 18-2..... it just doesnt seem like that concerning of an issue who starts or who gets how many minutes.

Add an all star power forward whos been one of the more consistent players in the league the last 4 or 5 yrs......to a roster thats already considered a contender.

michael jordan
12-10-2014, 09:06 PM
he will tear his acl and wont return:oldguy:

tredigs
12-11-2014, 10:14 AM

Any particular reason?

Jeffy25
12-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Any particular reason?

Find him to be a better all around player

tredigs
12-11-2014, 10:25 AM

Tough argument at this point imo. Dray's got a 3pt shot, can pass/playmake at a relatively equal level and is vastly superior defensively. Also much better at smaller intangibles that make a huge difference such as setting hard picks and making the correct back-door cuts. Dray's current VORP/BPM > peak Lee.

Though Lee is a better rebounder + individual scorer and more apt to be the focal point of an offense, which is why I love him with a bench unit that struggles to keep up.

I like Lee a lot, but I think his fit is better with the 2nd unit.

moshy2
12-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Last night showed exactly why David Lee will be coming off the bench when he gets back. We have enough offensive power with the 1st unit, we need Draymond's defense in there (although he's becoming almost as dangerous as Lee offensively too). After Bogut, we're offensively challenged in the big department. Festus can't keep up and its still a question to me how long Speights can still play like he is. Since so much of our offense is ran through our bigs, we need an offensive minded big on the 2nd unit when Bogut comes out. Enter David Lee. It's the one big weakness I see on the team right now

koreancabbage
12-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Last night showed exactly why David Lee will be coming off the bench when he gets back. We have enough offensive power with the 1st unit, we need Draymond's defense in there (although he's becoming almost as dangerous as Lee offensively too). After Bogut, we're offensively challenged in the big department. Festus can't keep up and its still a question to me how long Speights can still play like he is. Since so much of our offense is ran through our bigs, we need an offensive minded big on the 2nd unit when Bogut comes out. Enter David Lee. It's the one big weakness I see on the team right now

well not anymore. GSW is stacked!

Hopper15
12-11-2014, 03:38 PM

If Lee wasn't such an awful defender I might agree. But he is so I don't agree.

lol, please
12-13-2014, 09:38 PM
If Lee wasn't such an awful defender I might agree. But he is so I don't agree.
Except that's more of a myth at this point. Have you even seen his defensive metrics last season? People exaggerate how bad he is defensively, and a few high scoring games from green doesn't mean all of the sudden he is going to contribute as consistently as lee does, lee has actually carried the warriors offense before

moshy2
12-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Except that's more of a myth at this point. Have you even seen his defensive metrics last season? People exaggerate how bad he is defensively, and a few high scoring games from green doesn't mean all of the sudden he is going to contribute as consistently as lee does, lee has actually carried the warriors offense before

When your team is playing the best defense in the league and some of the best defense we've seen recently, the main reason for a 20-2 start, you don't take the 2nd best defender (best with Bogut out) out of the starting lineup. Not for an offensive minded player who struggles (maybe over exaggerated by some but still struggles nontheless) on the defensive side. And especially not when the 1st unit employs the Splash bros and the 2nd unit employs Livingston, Iggy, and Ezeli; where defense is abundant and offense scarce. The starting lineup is producing almost historic numbers and the bench needs another scorer, specifically an inside scoring threat (speaking of a few high scoring games and questions about consistency, see Speights, Marreese). This really should be a no brainer, Lee is exactly what the bench unit lacks and there's no reason to mess with the starting lineup.

jimm120
12-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Tough argument at this point imo. Dray's got a 3pt shot, can pass/playmake at a relatively equal level and is vastly superior defensively. Also much better at smaller intangibles that make a huge difference such as setting hard picks and making the correct back-door cuts. Dray's current VORP/BPM > peak Lee.

Though Lee is a better rebounder + individual scorer and more apt to be the focal point of an offense, which is why I love him with a bench unit that struggles to keep up.

I like Lee a lot, but I think his fit is better with the 2nd unit.

The question is if you think Green can keep it up.

IF the Warriors think that Green can keep it up, then you trade Lee (if possible).
If Green is just someone that is in the moment, then you gotta put Lee in.

That's the different between allstars, stars, superstars, and normal players. Consistency. Green might get you things now but Lee can get almost those things now too and continue doing it as the season goes on.

It'll be something the Warriors will have to evaluate.

jimm120
12-14-2014, 11:04 AM
that said, you start Lee on the bench, but with consistent minutes. Once he gets into the flow of the game, you analyze how Green is doing.

Lee, we know, can be consistent. Green, not yet.

tredigs
12-14-2014, 01:51 PM

IF the Warriors think that Green can keep it up, then you trade Lee (if possible).

That's the different between allstars, stars, superstars, and normal players. Consistency. Green might get you things now but Lee can get almost those things now too and continue doing it as the season goes on.

It'll be something the Warriors will have to evaluate.

What exactly about Draymond do you think he would not be able to keep up?

The reason he's such a massive value and one of the key reasons in why we're such an elite D is in his ability to guard all 5 positions. The uptick in his FG% and shooting in general looks like a pretty natural (albeit large) progression from a hard working 3rd year player. Also, joining the Splash brothers in the starting lineup and the open looks that that creates doesn't hurt either. But yeah, he's not making lucky shots or doing anything out of his mind. He's just really, really good defender who is allowing the offense to come to him. Very sustainable.

No reason to trade Lee right now either. Bench needs him big time. He'd help make the team as tough to beat as anyone in recent memory.

lol, please
12-14-2014, 02:46 PM
that said, you start Lee on the bench, but with consistent minutes. Once he gets into the flow of the game, you analyze how Green is doing.

Lee, we know, can be consistent. Green, not yet.
Exactly this. Good post. Well said.

AlexStr
12-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Or we could just keep Draymond in the starting lineup and add a former All-Star PF to our bench, making our team even better.

Why trade for the sake of trading?