PDA

View Full Version : HILARIOUS Televised rant on Melo

kingsdelez24
12-04-2014, 07:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCk7O9hwagg

This one is right on the money. That whole notion of him not wanting to "Leave what he built in New York" sounds like a pretty sorry excuse considering that the Knicks have been a mediocre team (Save for 2012-2013), and on top of that, in a weaker conference.

lamzoka
12-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Yawn.

It's been 6 months already, let's get over it.
If I have to chose between $129M and $74M, I'll take the $129M any day. **** everything else.

The 50 plus mills you're leaving on the table won't guarenteed u a championship with Chicago.

abe_froman
12-04-2014, 07:50 PM
thats just bad.i agree with her rant(something i myself have thought for a while).but whats being lost is the gushing over a team that you didnt go it,how are your hometown fans and the team you did choose suppose to feel.even if it was just the money or lifestyle,thats not what you want to put out there,as fans/media/teammates/whatever,thats not what you want to hear....i feel glad we dodged that bullet.

JV35
12-04-2014, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCk7O9hwagg

This one is right on the money. That whole notion of him not wanting to "Leave what he built in New York" sounds like a pretty sorry excuse considering that the Knicks have been a mediocre team (Save for 2012-2013), and on top of that, in a weaker conference.

I don't know about "hilarious".

But, regardless of the merits of what she said:

Jemele Hill represents a PATHETIC example of what gives the portrayal of "loud-mouthed women of color" a bad name in the media.

It looks like a bad audition tape for The Bad Girl's Club.

She's one remark away from "snatching a weave".

Pathetic and unwatchable.

xxplayerxx23
12-04-2014, 08:08 PM
She's awful don't know how she has a job. Not even on the rant just in general, can't watch that garbage. I'll
Take first take over her garbage and that's bad lol

jimm120
12-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Reasons for NY:
$74 million vs $124 million
Not wanting to leave the team you like

Reasons for CHI:
Better basketball situation

Sorry, but if I want to live and be in a place, it'll take a lot more to leave it. I'm a teacher and I could be offered a job that pays 1.5 what I earn, but if I truly don't want to leave the school I'm working at, then that'll be a big part of my decision.

lamzoka
12-04-2014, 08:15 PM
"He's not even from New York"

Born in Brooklyn
Played ball in Syracuse
Bernard King was his favorite player.
Forced his way to the Knicks.

If he's not from New York then I'm not from New York.

Mr_Jones
12-04-2014, 08:16 PM
she's a dude

jimm120
12-04-2014, 08:16 PM
When you prefer something, you sometimes delude yourself to thinking that it'll get better. That is what Melo did, though he's warned from the very start that it'll be a tough start to the season and a goal is to make the playoffs this year.

But he believes (HOPES) that Ny can become a better team in 2015 or 2016 under Phil Jackson.

Like I say, sometimes your preferences delude the actual outcomes.

I'm a Knicks fan and I thought (and still think) that we'll get 40+ wins and make the playoffs too. You're always looking at the positives and hoping things pan out.

If you're a Pelicans fan, you're hoping that Davis can be an MVP candidate, even though a lot of evidence shows he might just be a 20ppg, 10 reb, 2blk, 2 stl kind of guy (still superb, but not mvp)

If you're a Pacers fan, you're hoping that Paul George is a superstar, when in reality he barely graced teh top 10-15 during part of a season (not even the whole thing) once.

If you're a Lakers fan, you're hoping that Kobe still has something in the tank and can lead the team to something.

If you're a fan, you're likely to believe that the positive outcomes can happen more often than the negative outcomes.

jimm120
12-04-2014, 08:18 PM
"He's not even from New York"

Born in Brooklyn
Played ball in Syracuse
Bernard King was his favorite player.
Forced his way to the Knicks.

If he's not from New York then I'm not from New York.

ditto. He might have only lived in brooklyn until he was 7 or 8 yrs old, but he was back there when he was 18 and 19 while with Syracuse.

nycericanguy
12-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Melo's career winning % is right up there with Durant & LBJ... but he's not a "winner" because he didn't leave to make a super team in CHI?....ok...

Melo gets an unfair rap... most say he's not a true superstar... yet they hold him to the standard of the all time greats.

Cal827
12-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Yawn.

If I have to chose between $129M and $74M, I'll take the $129M any day. **** everything else.

The 50 plus mills you're leaving on the table won't guarenteed u a championship with Chicago.

Pretty much this.

50 million more guaranteed (especially in their prime), will stop 99% of players from leaving their team, lets not kid ourselves. And it's not like they're never going to have a chance to improve. Hell, they have pretty much everyone else coming off the books this year lol

Melo should just shut up over it though.

Dade County
12-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Melo knows what he is doing, he will be traded before the deadline.

Knicks get players, & picks, plus dump contracts.

ramsizzle
12-04-2014, 09:14 PM
btw, the bulls offered 2yr/17 per with an opt out after one. Kind of like the lebron deal. They did this because they could resign him to the supermax to the following season. Melo just made an irrational choice. He wanted to be home and i dont blame him but now hes gotta deal with it.

Guy could have had his cake and ate it too with signing with the bulls.

jericho
12-04-2014, 09:46 PM

Knicks get players, & picks, plus dump contracts.

I remember reading something like this before free agency started. Rumors were that his agent told him to get the money now and ask for a trade later or something like that.

blahblahyoutoo
12-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Yawn.

melo is NOT about the money, melo admitted. he chose the knicks because it was his best opportunity for him to win multiple championships.

blahblahyoutoo
12-04-2014, 11:58 PM
thats just bad.i agree with her rant(something i myself have thought for a while).but whats being lost is the gushing over a team that you didnt go it,how are your hometown fans and the team you did choose suppose to feel.even if it was just the money or lifestyle,thats not what you want to put out there,as fans/media/teammates/whatever,thats not what you want to hear....i feel glad we dodged that bullet.
melo took $5M less by staying in NY. that's a HUGE hometown discount.

LakersA's49ers
12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Carmelo is a tier-2 superstar in my opinion. He is vastly one-dimensional, and I am glad we don't have a mini-Kobe in LA right now. Thank you for signing on with New York, homie G. Right now, I would take Jimmy Butler over this cat. Butler has an improving offensive game, and can ball out on defense. Hell, I'd take Kawhi Leonard over Carmelo....enjoy your money big boy

Shammyguy3
12-05-2014, 12:27 AM
melo took $5M less by staying in NY. that's a HUGE hometown discount.

No, it's not a huge discount at all. He signed for what, $124 million right? The max was $129 million. That means he signed for 96.12% of what he could have made. That's not huge, that's not even "nice" if you ask me. If you owned a fancy restaurant and invited your friends (husband/wife/2 kids) to come eat on a discounted price, and their total flat rate bill was say $150. Would you give them $6.00 off of that bill and say "so glad you guys could come! hope it wasn't too pricey for ya!" ... That's essentially what Melo did with this Knicks offer.

DoMeFavors
12-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Melo's reasons for staying is basically he wants to live in NYC that's about it.

Crackadalic
12-05-2014, 01:34 AM
If melo had went with the bulls that means no butler, no pau gasol, and rose who doesn't know when he is going to suit up.

Offensive load for melo once again

It works out for both teams anyway.

Bull have a better roster now

Knicks have a top 5 pick and 34 mil in cap space to build around melo so no excuses

This thing has been beating a dead horse forever. Get over it guys

DoMeFavors
12-05-2014, 01:57 AM
If melo had went with the bulls that means no butler, no pau gasol, and rose who doesn't know when he is going to suit up.

Offensive load for melo once again

It works out for both teams anyway.

Bull have a better roster now

Knicks have a top 5 pick and 34 mil in cap space to build around melo so no excuses

This thing has been beating a dead horse forever. Get over it guys

Everything you said there is so biased and not close to objective. Melo on the bulls would have been something else.

FriedTofuz
12-05-2014, 02:06 AM
you take a team that just won 20% of their games and give them a top 5 pick and expect them to attract free agents and to immediately make the playoffs? Does any of this sound a bit unrealistix for you? You have melo on your team, one of the best players in the nba and win only 20% of games in the weak eastern conference. No way are the knicks making thr playoffs next year. It's gonna take some time.

Crackadalic
12-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Everything you said there is so biased and not close to objective. Melo on the bulls would have been something else.

Melo on the bulls would have been more or less the same as without him. Look at Butler. He is ballin right now. Melo goes there than butler leaves in sign and trade. No Pau gasol either.

you take a team that just won 20% of their games and give them a top 5 pick and expect them to attract free agents and to immediately make the playoffs? Does any of this sound a bit unrealistix for you? You have melo on your team, one of the best players in the nba and win only 20% of games in the weak eastern conference. No way are the knicks making thr playoffs next year. It's gonna take some time.

Yes because not making the playoffs in 2015 gives the Raps a lottery pick. Glad to see your real intentions. Just admit that you want us to suck so you can get another lottery pick. Its ok bro. I would have done the same damn thing

I can name so many things as to why we suck
Inconsistent guard play
No set rotation after 20 games
No starting pg for 15 games
Injuries(jose 15/melo 3/early next 15 games/bargs has not played/ JR out with sickness)

No getting to the line and letting opponents shoot 10 more FT's than us per game
Not playing consistent defense
Losing 8 games by 3 points or less

Tell me of those last 3 are not correctable.

When we get smarter players next year we will foul less
Play respectable defense at least
Not choke when the game is close.

It's not like we are getting blown out every game. We only lost by 10 or more 5 times this year despite everything going wrong. The effort is at least there but we don't have the talent to compete or the iq to win games. It is what it is

FriedTofuz
12-05-2014, 04:01 AM
Melo on the bulls would have been more or less the same as without him. Look at Butler. He is ballin right now. Melo goes there than butler leaves in sign and trade. No Pau gasol either.

Yes because not making the playoffs in 2015 gives the Raps a lottery pick. Glad to see your real intentions. Just admit that you want us to suck so you can get another lottery pick. Its ok bro. I would have done the same damn thing

I can name so many things as to why we suck
Inconsistent guard play
No set rotation after 20 games
No starting pg for 15 games
Injuries(jose 15/melo 3/early next 15 games/bargs has not played/ JR out with sickness)

No getting to the line and letting opponents shoot 10 more FT's than us per game
Not playing consistent defense
Losing 8 games by 3 points or less

Tell me of those last 3 are not correctable.

When we get smarter players next year we will foul less
Play respectable defense at least
Not choke when the game is close.

It's not like we are getting blown out every game. We only lost by 10 or more 5 times this year despite everything going wrong. The effort is at least there but we don't have the talent to compete or the iq to win games. It is what it is

Well Id be lying if I said I wouldnt care for a lotto pick, ofc I do. But I just keep remembering the knicks years after year always saying " next year is our year since the days before the 2010 free agency and till present. Every year it's excuses. I could name plently of excuses for the raptors ( since u brought them up) for how they can improve.

Lack of ball movement
Lack of 3pt shooting
Low rebounding and interior defense
Bad perimeter defense
Injuries to Derozan

But the raptors are still winning. My point is, every team will have factors affecting em, I just dont see anything substantial happening for the knicks any time soon. Last year coming into this season, it was said that the knicks would be in the playoffs if they're healthy. Well now that Jose is back, and if this team still continues to lose, Im not sure what other excuse wil lbe scapegoated.

abe_froman
12-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Melo on the bulls would have been more or less the same as without him.

i think we'd be worse, for the points you've brought up

FriedTofuz
12-05-2014, 05:42 AM
overall, cant blame melo for taking NYK's offer.

He loves nyk, gets money, and prefers living there. with the length of his contract, although he may not win anything for a coupel of years, I think he will eventually have a decent team around him to make noise to get a chance to win the ring. Cant blame him. But with the bulls, he'd be creating a superteam and could gain multiple rings potentially. I think his decision was fair. and if it all fails and he cant win, he can always get a trade later.

Sean Moore
12-05-2014, 06:01 AM

With the way Rose has been playing; or lack there of, I am inclined to agree with this. Any top five scorer in this league could make that team a top contender right now. I hope Rose gets it together because I honestly feel real bad for Bulls fans right now. The supporting cast is just too good.

xxcubs22xx
12-05-2014, 06:56 AM
I can understand the decision he made from a personal standpoint but not that of a winning standpoint.

How can you say that he chose the Knicks to win multiple Championships? One could argue that he would have had a greater chance to win many with the Bulls.

IMO he clearly favored the money, NY personal branding, and family/life stability over winning and there's no real argument. :layup:

Idc how much the Knicks have coming off of the books, the difference in current direction between them and the Bulls is night and day.

You can't win rings on a team that can't make the playoffs. You can't win rings on a team with average or below average depth. You certainly can't win rings with the personnel (or core, for that matter) that they currently have.

I'm not hating on Melo but I will say that I didn't want him on the Bulls because of the cap space he demands for being a one-dimensional player.

Goose17
12-05-2014, 06:56 AM
melo is NOT about the money, melo admitted. he chose the knicks because it was his best opportunity for him to win multiple championships.

Yeah so how many titles do you think they're going to win? Multiple titles? They'll need to at least make the playoffs first lmfao.

So far this season the Knicks have won 3 games more than Philly. I mean... come on.

tredigs
12-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I remember taking SO MUCH heat for saying this was in no way a 50 win team during the preseason. Knicks homers just need to shut up for 5 years after this debacle.

cssdmark
12-05-2014, 09:11 AM

Knicks get players, & picks, plus dump contracts. you think he would do that, why we he resign and then leave and help Knicks get a big haul for him I understand he wants the money but now we do not have to trade him unless we get value back

JasonJohnHorn
12-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Brilliant!!!!

I think I just fell in love.

cssdmark
12-05-2014, 09:22 AM
H
I can understand the decision he made from a personal standpoint but not that of a winning standpoint.

How can you say that he chose the Knicks to win multiple Championships? One could argue that he would have had a greater chance to win many with the Bulls.

IMO he clearly favored the money, NY personal branding, and family/life stability over winning and there's no real argument. :layup:

Idc how much the Knicks have coming off of the books, the difference in current direction between them and the Bulls is night and day.

You can't win rings on a team that can't make the playoffs. You can't win rings on a team with average or below average depth. You certainly can't win rings with the personnel (or core, for that matter) that they currently have.

I'm not hating on Melo but I will say that I didn't want him on the Bulls because of the cap space he demands for being a one-dimensional player.
My problem with it all is everyone thinks it would be a guaranteed championship with Chicago just like Lebron said not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 so on. Yes they would have been favored in the east but does not mean they would have won it all. Winning means winning it all, not making it to the finals or ECF and getting knocked off. It would be better but if you do not win it all what have you won.

nycericanguy
12-05-2014, 10:13 AM
I remember taking SO MUCH heat for saying this was in no way a 50 win team during the preseason. Knicks homers just need to shut up for 5 years after this debacle.

stop it... there were maybe 2... literally 2 out of 100's of knick posters that said this was a 50 win team.

ManningToTyree
12-05-2014, 10:15 AM

stop it... there were maybe 2... literally 2 out of 100's of knick posters that said this was a 50 win team. don't waste your breath man.

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 10:43 AM
way more than 2 Knicks fan said this was a 50 win team but those were the delusional homers. i will say even i didnt think they would be THIS bad but i sure as hell love it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2014, 10:45 AM
stop it... there were maybe 2... literally 2 out of 100's of knick posters that said this was a 50 win team.

a lot of Knicks fans said the division would be theirs...

raps were just lucky last season they said...guess not

YAALREADYKNO
12-05-2014, 10:54 AM

LMAO melo not about the money? really? Imagine a lineup of rose, butler, melo, gasol, noah, with Gibson, brooks coming off the bench. I don't have a problem with him staying in NY but when he tries to deny that it wasn't about the money...aint nobody believing that

nycericanguy
12-05-2014, 10:57 AM
way more than 2 Knicks fan said this was a 50 win team but those were the delusional homers. i will say even i didnt think they would be THIS bad but i sure as hell love it.

lol i know man, you're not alone. PSD hates the knicks with a passion.

KnickNyKnick
12-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Alot are speaking of the knicks as if the exact same team will be there next year. granted on paper some of us thought we'd be better at this point but this thing is being blown up after this year anyway.

its melo, calderon +2 rookie contracts + 1st rd pick + prigioni (MLE 1.7mil) + 1 vet min. & Jr. Smith player option (hope he opts out) thats it..

Phil will have enough to create something better. and the cap is projected to go up?

& we dont even know whats to happen this season. There could be trades soon. with 60+ games to go anything can happen seed wise in the east. things are looking better as a team despite the losses.

colinskik
12-05-2014, 11:40 AM
First off I really like Jemele and those idiots who spewed racist/sexist trash at the start of this thread should be banned. She's unique to the ESPN talking head crew in that she says what she feels(has been suspended for doing so) and actually does argue some salient points.

Secondly, Melo stayed in NYC primarily because he didn't want to uproot his kids and because it's the best city in the world, especially if you're rich and have celebrity status. He has hope that Phil can turn it around, and o b fair den Phil said it wouldn't happen this year. Nobody thought that it would be this bad this year, but hey what can you do. We lost a bunch of close games that were very winnable, but in the end all those wins would have done is give us a worse draft pick. So maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Lastly and most importantly, I don't like Melo on this team. We play better when scrubs like Larkin and Hardaway are working with Amare. I would gladly welcome a Melo trade where we got back talent that fit our system and helped us retool for the future.

IBleedPurple
12-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Jemele is painfully bad, and is a talking head for BSPN no different than Skip Bayless.

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 12:06 PM
lol i know man, you're not alone. PSD hates the knicks with a passion.

i hate them bcuz theyre a div rival is all. everyone else just hates most of the knicks posters as their reason

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Jemele is painfully bad, and is a talking head for BSPN no different than Skip Bayless.

she really is awful and incredibly unprofessional from the little ive seen of her.

colinskik
12-05-2014, 12:17 PM
she really is awful and incredibly unprofessional from the little ive seen of her.

How is she any worse than pool of "talent" ESPN has over there? People on this board just seem to hate her because she's a woman and she's black. They're allowed to talk sports, too.

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
How is she any worse than pool of "talent" ESPN has over there? People on this board just seem to hate her because she's a woman and she's black. They're allowed to talk sports, too.

lol wow you really went there? never said anyone on ESPN is any good since most are as bad or worse then she is to begin with.

bgdreton
12-05-2014, 01:13 PM

Ya I'm not sure why the strong hate for her I find her actually refreshing because she is a woman who speaks her mind on a station of mainly men. She is funny and I enjoy watching her. The comment about her representing a loud mouth women of color was beyond laughable, not true and comments like that should not be excepted on these forums...With that said the comment is really based on opinion and if they want to have that narrow minded point of view they are entitled to it.

tredigs
12-05-2014, 01:34 PM

LMAO! There were maybe two that said they were not a 50 win team. I'm going thread archives on this one.

72 Wins
12-05-2014, 01:48 PM
No, it's not a huge discount at all. He signed for what, $124 million right? The max was $129 million. That means he signed for 96.12% of what he could have made. That's not huge, that's not even "nice" if you ask me. If you owned a fancy restaurant and invited your friends (husband/wife/2 kids) to come eat on a discounted price, and their total flat rate bill was say $150. Would you give them $6.00 off of that bill and say "so glad you guys could come! hope it wasn't too pricey for ya!" ... That's essentially what Melo did with this Knicks offer.

The video isn't as funny as this analogy. :laugh::laugh:

D-Leethal
12-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Didn't watch the vid but what Melo "built in NY" goes way beyond basketball. Melo has built himself one of the most recognizable brands in pro sports.

D-Leethal
12-05-2014, 02:19 PM
The video isn't as funny as this analogy. :laugh::laugh:

It is pretty funny but awfully stupid if you think 3.88% of $150 can be relatively compared to $129 million. People have fought tooth and nail and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawsuits to get a piece of a business that sold for $129 million they felt they were entitled to - and much less piece than 3.88%. Or try to convince an investor that 3.88% of $129 million is nothing.

72 Wins
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
It is pretty funny but awfully stupid if you think 3.88% of $150 can be relatively compared to $129 million. People have fought tooth and nail and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawsuits to get a piece of a business that sold for $129 million they felt they were entitled to - and much less piece than 3.88%. Or try to convince an investor that 3.88% of $129 million is nothing.

GTFO. Him taking 124 million instead of 129 million was a huge favor to NYC? For all the money Melo has made, (and will make), 5 million is literlly penuts. hahaha

FriedTofuz
12-05-2014, 03:49 PM
LOL at knick fans saying that only 2 fans thought they'd be a 50-win team. Please, only 2 fans probably said they wouldnt make the playoffs. Nearly all of that fanbase said Toronto was Lucky for being healthy and winning the division and that it was theirs this year.. well now that derozan is injured and jose is healthy and the raptors continue to win while the knicks continue to suck, it's hard to take knick fans seriously. there are no counterarguments or anything, just " you hate the knicks , we get it" Smh.

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 04:01 PM
GTFO. Him taking 124 million instead of 129 million was a huge favor to NYC? For all the money Melo has made, (and will make), 5 million is literlly penuts. hahaha

yea and what is 5 mil more in cap space doing to help the roster?

72 Wins
12-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Personally, If Melo was truly about winning, he should have taken the Lebron approach and bet on himself-Short term deal with the Bulls, and then get the real pay day once the cap goes up.

Honestly, no one has a problem with him taking the $129 million deal. The issue is that he keeps on giving us BS excuses that it wasn't for the money.

RowBTrice
12-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Melo chose what he chose and that's fine. I got no beef with it. Congrats to him for taking the $$$, I probably would have to. Now, as for Jemelle Hill, I CAN'T STAND THAT *****!!!!

GiantsSwaGG
12-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Yall think Mike Smith hitting that?

Tumstock
12-05-2014, 04:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2014/12/05/20141204-inside-good-triangle-bad-triangle.nba/

This was pretty funny, chuck sums up why the knicks are losing at the end.

Crackadalic
12-05-2014, 04:43 PM
LOL at knick fans saying that only 2 fans thought they'd be a 50-win team. Please, only 2 fans probably said they wouldnt make the playoffs. Nearly all of that fanbase said Toronto was Lucky for being healthy and winning the division and that it was theirs this year.. well now that derozan is injured and jose is healthy and the raptors continue to win while the knicks continue to suck, it's hard to take knick fans seriously. there are no counterarguments or anything, just " you hate the knicks , we get it" Smh.

raptors still 2nd round fodder. Not better than the cavs and the bulls. slow your roll bro

Enjoy the season while it last. :cheers:

FriedTofuz
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
raptors still 2nd round fodder. Not better than the cavs and the bulls. slow your roll bro

Enjoy the season while it last. :cheers:

I'd be satisfied with that. I didnt expect the Raptors to be at the top of the conference. They have already beaten cleveland and Washington, so dont count them out of the eastern conference finals either. And secondly, I dont see the point in bringing up the Raptors man, we're talking about the knicks and the expectations that fans had for them. Every year they complain when ESPN "lowballs" a projected amount of wins. Once again, 37 wins was generous for the knicks, they're going to win less than 30 games.

DoMeFavors
12-05-2014, 05:17 PM
I just don't get the Knicks, I don't want to hear how they have an awful roster. In the EAST with Carmelo and those players they should be a playoff team. It seems like the team has developed a losing culture or something.

Goose17
12-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Ditto.

Shammyguy3
12-05-2014, 07:25 PM
yea and what is 5 mil more in cap space doing to help the roster?

It's not $5M in additional cap space - it's $1M each off-season, when you look at it in the proper context like this then it cracks me up that people think Melo gave NYK any form of a discount.

KnickNyKnick
12-05-2014, 08:00 PM
It's not $5M in additional cap space - it's $1M each off-season, when you look at it in the proper context like this then it cracks me up that people think Melo gave NYK any form of a discount.

It actually does with the cap going up. The extra million by melo plus the extra 2+million in cap could land solid role players

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 08:01 PM

lol that was my first thought but wasnt sure. Def makes it even worse hahahaa

Munkeysuit
12-05-2014, 08:15 PM
She is 100% correct with each and every statement.

lamzoka
12-05-2014, 09:11 PM
I'd be satisfied with that. I didnt expect the Raptors to be at the top of the conference. They have already beaten cleveland and Washington, so dont count them out of the eastern conference finals either. And secondly, I dont see the point in bringing up the Raptors man, we're talking about the knicks and the expectations that fans had for them. Every year they complain when ESPN "lowballs" a projected amount of wins. Once again, 37 wins was generous for the knicks, they're going to win less than 30 games.

The lower the better. I wish we have less Ws than 6ers

lamzoka
12-05-2014, 09:18 PM

This is not factual.

The contract is backloaded.
He's getting paid less than 23 mills next season, and 28 mills in the last year of the contract.

He could've average around $26M a year if he wanted to.

By backloading the contract and taking less , he saved the knicks about $3 Million dollars in cap space next season.

flclfanman
12-05-2014, 09:43 PM
For everybody talking about the extra money Melo had to take, consider this:

Melo is in THE highest tax bracket, he's going to make million yearly regardless of what he does and his wife is going to help bring in more money. his children's children's children won't have to work a day in their lives.

Once you have so much money, what's another 50 million? This isn't a rookie fighting for his first big contract.

Melo wanted to keep the spotlight and run a team. Meanwhile in Chicago, Rose is pretty much the 3rd option and we're scoring like crazy (wish the Defense would kick in tho lol)

lamzoka
12-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Melo is in THE highest tax bracket, he's going to make million yearly regardless of what he does and his wife is going to help bring in more money. his children's children's children won't have to work a day in their lives.

Once you have so much money, what's another 50 million? This isn't a rookie fighting for his first big contract.

Melo wanted to keep the spotlight and run a team. Meanwhile in Chicago, Rose is pretty much the 3rd option and we're scoring like crazy (wish the Defense would kick in tho lol)

If that's the case then why don't players like lebron and Kobe who's way more richer than melo dont just sign for the minimum and let their teams sign another player for the max?

50 million is 50 million regardless of how much money you have.

IBleedPurple
12-05-2014, 10:54 PM

If that's the case then why don't players like lebron and Kobe who's way more richer than melo dont just sign for the minimum and let their teams sign another player for the max?

50 million is 50 million regardless of how much money you have. Yeah, regardless of my feelings on Melo.... If we're talking $1.5M, then not a big deal. $50M, you're talking about a giant sum of money, and a significant amount of what Melo will make over his career.

Crackadalic
12-05-2014, 11:22 PM

Because I like to troll duh :clap:

And the more games we lose the better for that top 3 pick. You can't tell me any of the big 3 prospects coming out won't at worse be starters in this league. I rather have these raw hungry guys instead of JR smith and Amare who is more concern with wine baths

Crackadalic
12-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I just don't get the Knicks, I don't want to hear how they have an awful roster. In the EAST with Carmelo and those players they should be a playoff team. It seems like the team has developed a losing culture or something.

I actually agree with you for once. We have a losing culture. It's time to clean house and get guys that want to win and not be concern with the drama

Cal827
12-05-2014, 11:39 PM
I kinda feel bad for Amar'e though (not financially of course lol). I mean, I remember him garnering MVP attention when the Knicks first got him, and the team could be offensively with Amare/Melo together in their primes. Unfortunately, his knees failed him. He can still put up numbers though. What do you guys think he can be for whoever he's with for his next contract? Kinda reminds me of what happened with Mcdyess, and I think he could provide a similiar role (of course, an offensive version of Mcdyess).

DoMeFavors
12-06-2014, 01:20 AM
I kinda feel bad for Amar'e though (not financially of course lol). I mean, I remember him garnering MVP attention when the Knicks first got him, and the team could be offensively with Amare/Melo together in their primes. Unfortunately, his knees failed him. He can still put up numbers though. What do you guys think he can be for whoever he's with for his next contract? Kinda reminds me of what happened with Mcdyess, and I think he could provide a similiar role (of course, an offensive version of Mcdyess).
I think he replaces David Lee next yr but on bench for Golden State and reunites with Kerr on a 1 yr maybe mmle or vet min.

DoMeFavors
12-06-2014, 01:22 AM
I actually agree with you for once. We have a losing culture. It's time to clean house and get guys that want to win and not be concern with the drama

If they want to do what you said get a top 3 pick I think they should have a sale in Feb, trade all the guys who aren't expiring next season. Trade Hardaway, Shumpert, Larkin for draft picks and start all over next season.

abe_froman
12-06-2014, 03:49 AM

it was more than just his knees going.the melo/amare duo was doomed from the start because of their playing style/what they need to be successful. amare was garnering praise because the team was built to suit him,he could be the focal point.then here comes melo and he is so possession dominate/value comes from scoring to.it killed it because neither have skillsets that can compliment each other,they do the same thing.

i think he can find 2nd life with a team with a distributor as the star(clippers,gsw,wherever rondo goes) ,obviously wont be what he was ,but could be a nice role player if he finds the right situation.

they do have a losing culture but that is because of the roster.melo isnt a leader,talent scorer,but not a guy who will get everyone else in line,you add to it guys like smith,ect. and thats a recipe for disaster,the younger guys will develop the habits good and bad of the biggest personalities in the locker room.also having an owner,media and fanbase who classically dont really look down at that stuff and it will be seen as permissible to anyone coming it.thus the culture gets established.

Shammyguy3
12-06-2014, 01:37 PM
It actually does with the cap going up. The extra million by melo plus the extra 2+million in cap could land solid role players

That's true, but it doesn't mean Melo gave a discount because he has nothing to do with the cap rising

This is not factual.

The contract is backloaded.
He's getting paid less than 23 mills next season, and 28 mills in the last year of the contract.

He could've average around $26M a year if he wanted to.

By backloading the contract and taking less , he saved the knicks about $3 Million dollars in cap space next season.

The way the contract was structured helps, but it STILL doesn't mean that Melo gave them a discount. Whether he gets the money in the first year or last year is insignificant to the discussion of him giving a discount to the Knicks which is what I'm debating.

blahblahyoutoo
12-06-2014, 04:26 PM
That's true, but it doesn't mean Melo gave a discount because he has nothing to do with the cap rising

The way the contract was structured helps, but it STILL doesn't mean that Melo gave them a discount. Whether he gets the money in the first year or last year is insignificant to the discussion of him giving a discount to the Knicks which is what I'm debating.

$5M is $5M which is a lot of money. i don't see u giving up money to help your employer.

point is, melo doesn't care about money. it's clear the plan the knicks laid out for him leads him to believe that this is his best chance to win multiple championships.
melo is a winning player, as we saw 11 years ago in Syracuse, which is why he chose to stay in NY. he's all about winning.

Shammyguy3
12-06-2014, 04:46 PM
$5M is $5M which is a lot of money. i don't see u giving up money to help your employer.

point is, melo doesn't care about money. it's clear the plan the knicks laid out for him leads him to believe that this is his best chance to win multiple championships.
melo is a winning player, as we saw 11 years ago in Syracuse, which is why he chose to stay in NY. he's all about winning.

Completely missing the point, it doesn't matter what the heck I do. And I don't care that Melo signed for $124M, but it absolutely is not a discount. He signed for over 96% of what he could have signed for. Do you think that's considered a discount, let alone a HOME-town discount? I sure as heck do not.

And Melo clearly does care about money, otherwise he would've given them a true home-town discount instead of this save-face one. And lastly, if you think Melo is a winning player then you're ahead of the curve because he has yet to win anything substantial on the greatest stage in world basketball.

FriedTofuz
12-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Completely missing the point, it doesn't matter what the heck I do. And I don't care that Melo signed for $124M, but it absolutely is not a discount. He signed for over 96% of what he could have signed for. Do you think that's considered a discount, let alone a HOME-town discount? I sure as heck do not.

And Melo clearly does care about money, otherwise he would've given them a true home-town discount instead of this save-face one. And lastly, if you think Melo is a winning player then you're ahead of the curve because he has yet to win anything substantial on the greatest stage in world basketball.

LOL he is trolling and being sarcastic.