PDA

View Full Version : Popovich gets HEATED - Tells Green to STFU after mistake in the clutch

Chronz
12-04-2014, 04:13 AM
http://thebrooklyngame.com/gregg-popovich-tells-danny-green-shut-f-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I know hes fiery/feisty and this is definitely no big deal, but man, in that moment he seems scary as ****. Look at the look TP gives Green afterwards. Thats the same look I give my GF when she cooks sea food. That you done ****ed up look

SPURSFAN1
12-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Green didn't take it like a lot of people will though. :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-04-2014, 04:42 AM
His beard makes him scarier.

mngopher35
12-04-2014, 04:44 AM
hahaha, it was a pretty dumb foul...

Iron24th
12-04-2014, 05:37 AM
Pop is the man!

kobe4thewinbang
12-04-2014, 06:00 AM
If you screw up on the court, you should come out of the game, or if a big enough star, get one more chance to get it right. Mistakes are crucial in crunch time. Reminds me of a line from NBA Live 10, with Steve Kerr saying to Marv Albert, "Yeah, that guy might be coming out RIGHT NOW."

D-Leethal
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Cali boy doesn't eat seafood? Da fuq is wrong witchu?

colinskik
12-04-2014, 10:56 AM
So you don't like seafood or your girl just don't know how to cook it properly?

Oh, and pop is the ****.

kdspurman
12-04-2014, 11:44 AM
i was at the game last night... tons of spurs fans and they were all like WTF was Green doing. I hadn't seen this till now :laugh2:

Pop expects his guys to know every situation, especially at a point like last night. So naturally, he was furious. Plus the fact he was jumping out on the court saying not to foul. They were lucky on the next possession they forced a turnover, but you still have to know what's going on. Dumb play by Green, but I'm sure he'll learn from it moving forward.

Green may never want to foul now ever again, even if they're supposed to.

TrueFan420
12-04-2014, 11:55 AM
That was awesome

lamzoka
12-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Pop and Belichick are the scariest coaches in sports history.

ThuglifeJ
12-04-2014, 01:49 PM

Lol nice try.

/Bob Knight

Nycbball08
12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
We need a coach like this in NY...

Ezio
12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Haven't seen a coach go off like that since Thibs almost bit off Korver's head.

ghettosean
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Classic!

And he dun fugged up!!!

GiantsSwaGG
12-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Pop probably ****ed Green up after the game

Hardaway Here
12-04-2014, 04:06 PM
He gonna cry in the car

%%%%
12-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Horrible play by Green ... there was about 6 points difference between shot-clock and game-clock before the foul. After the foul, it went to 1.8.

That said, I think Popovich could have kept his anger off-camera; leave it for the locker-room.

Hangin n Wangin
12-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I love the little smerk Tony Parker had on his face after Pop went off. LMAO

Goose17
12-04-2014, 04:24 PM
LOL... this is why I love Pop. If that had been Parker or anyone else the reaction would have been the exact same. Says it how it is.

TrueFan420
12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Horrible play by Green ... there was about 6 points difference between shot-clock and game-clock before the foul. After the foul, it went to 1.8.

That said, I think Popovich could have kept his anger off-camera; leave it for the locker-room.

Dude it can be very hard to control ones emotions in the heat of moment. Seeing as we have almost never seen this from pop I'd suggest he's adept at keeping his emotions in check. However, he's human.

%%%%
12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Lip-reading:

Right before he says "Shut the F Up," he says, "Don't say a Godd*mn word!"

kdspurman
12-04-2014, 04:30 PM

No way, IMO. Pop's style of being able to get on all his players is what makes him great. Plus, the players and coaches were all saying don't foul. You can see in the replay Messina, Pop and even Boylen standing up saying "don't foul". Pop has had great success getting on his players like this and expecting a certain level of excellence. These guys take this from Pop often. They accept it and know it will make them better later on.

Bottom line, Green should have understood the situation.

Chronz
12-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Cali boy doesn't eat seafood? Da fuq is wrong witchu?

I know, I've been hearing that from day 1. From my moms, to my doctor. I used to be a real dick about it too and Im paying for it now, otherwise the woman would have left me. Tried fish tacos for the first time in my life about a month ago. Not bad, I just look at fish the way most people look at worms.

PurpleLynch
12-04-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm just dying to see Popovich throwing a chair like Bob Knight. I hope that one night he's gonna lose his **** and he will do it. That would be insanely amazing.

Vampirate
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
All the Spurs players should wear diapers cause no matter who you are, if you do something that he doesn't like. He'll come after you causing you to **** your pants.

That's the kind of coach he is and why is so successful.

PurpleLynch
12-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I know, I've been hearing that from day 1. From my moms, to my doctor. I used to be a real dick about it too and Im paying for it now, otherwise the woman would have left me. Tried fish tacos for the first time in my life about a month ago. Not bad, I just look at fish the way most people look at worms.

Fish tacos? Man,you should come in Europe and try eating seafood in France,Spain,Italy(generally in all Europe) in a fine restaurant. Then you could have some good seafood,not that crap(with all due respect,there are at least 1000 better ways of cooking seafood).

Cracka2HI!
12-05-2014, 11:45 PM
I never knew Pop coached at Pomona Pitzer for 9 years until today. Seems weird someone so great could have been stuck in D III for 9 years. I've actually balled on that court 2 or 3 times!

SoFreshNsoClean
12-06-2014, 12:04 AM

This....

Greg Popp doesn't amuse me like he does for others.

likemystylez
12-06-2014, 01:06 AM
hahaha, it was a pretty dumb foul...

well what do you expect. Pops system can hide a lot of problems a player has... but at the end of the day green is a scrub. He couldnt get on the floor a few yrs ago on a cavs team that lost 26 in a row IN THE EAST. There are 15 yr old girls that could have gotten some run on that team

likemystylez
12-06-2014, 01:08 AM
All the Spurs players should wear diapers cause no matter who you are, if you do something that he doesn't like. He'll come after you causing you to **** your pants.

That's the kind of coach he is and why is so successful.

well in fairness he was 12 feet away from green before he did it-- yelling at him not to do it, and green still did it

kdspurman
12-06-2014, 02:20 AM
well what do you expect. Pops system can hide a lot of problems a player has... but at the end of the day green is a scrub. He couldnt get on the floor a few yrs ago on a cavs team that lost 26 in a row IN THE EAST. There are 15 yr old girls that could have gotten some run on that team

green is far from a scrub... he's come a long way from his cavs days though. one of the better defenders at the 2 (or wing defenders in general) and 3 point shooter

c33
12-06-2014, 02:59 AM

Lol nice try.

/Bob Knight

nm...read this wrong.

Longhornfan1234
12-06-2014, 01:58 PM
You should never talk to another grown man like that. Green is beta male for allowing another man to embarrass him like that.

flea
12-06-2014, 04:10 PM
green is far from a scrub... he's come a long way from his cavs days though. one of the better defenders at the 2 (or wing defenders in general) and 3 point shooter

I have seen only 4 or 5 Spurs games so far this season but it looks like he is taking people off the bounce more too. Is this true, or was it just anamolous since he and Leonard have had to carry heavy minute and scoring burdens early.

Also, Joseph has impressed me. How good do Spurs fans think he can get? Is there a solid NBA starter upside? Heir to Parker?

kdspurman
12-06-2014, 05:08 PM
I have seen only 4 or 5 Spurs games so far this season but it looks like he is taking people off the bounce more too. Is this true, or was it just anamolous since he and Leonard have had to carry heavy minute and scoring burdens early.

Also, Joseph has impressed me. How good do Spurs fans think he can get? Is there a solid NBA starter upside? Heir to Parker?

Yea Green has been doing that more. Actually started in the finals, I remember JVG shocked at Green taking people off the dribble. Teams began just staying home on him cause they knew he couldn't put the ball down. It's taken a little while, but I'm glad he's improved on that.

Joseph, has been really good this year. I was worried about it because with Mills out, I didn't know what to expect. Joseph was always a good defender, but offensively a liability at times. But he's been terrific. Actually reminds me a bit of Parker when he first came in, really quick, could finish in the paint among the trees, and not a particularly good shooter. He has improved his shooting (especially the corner 3) which helps keep defense honest when he's out there. And I can tell he's been working and/or watching Parker as he's been really good with the tear drop in the lane.

He has the qualities to become a starting PG in this league, it's more about just continuing to get more time running the team, getting his confidence up, and reading certain situations. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Mills gets back though. 2 different kinds of players, but can both have an impact on a game off the bench. With Parker a little dinged up now, Joseph has a big opportunity to earn more minutes.