PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons are 3-16

Howard_Zinn
12-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Doubt Detroit trades Drummond.. This team will be active in trades soon though more than likely. Predictions on where everyone goes?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2014, 01:06 AM
they would never trade drummond

probably everyone else is available

Avenged
12-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Shocker.

rockets-fan
12-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Can't even think of anyone is want from the Pistons that would fit in our roster.

Butler maybe for veteran leadership and depth, Monroe but his playing style dorsnt mesh well with Howard's.

Cal827
12-04-2014, 02:06 AM
To think, with how horrible that Philly has been this season, they are only 1.5 games out of the next seed.

But on a more serious note, this Detroit team is in serious trouble. They are already gonna lose Monroe in the offseason for nothing (I think they could have got some value back in the off season), and They have Jennings for the long haul.. I mean, what is an elite offensive player like Josh Smith going to do? :D

I just don't see anybody taking the bad contracts on the team, unless they are willing to drop everything and go into tank mode for the next coming years. To unload some of the bad contracts on the team, other rosters will likely ask for a future 1st, or possibly Pope or Drummond in a larger packaged deal. Van Gundy has his work cut out for him, that's for sure.

Iron24th
12-04-2014, 05:48 AM
They have no choice but to trade Monroe before the deadline, or they'll lose him for nothing, josh smith is just untradeable, jennings not very attracting and drummond is a keeper.

2-ONE-5
12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
they are a disgrace to the league and the fans shouldnt be forced to watch this blatant display of losing.

MonroeFAN
12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
^Detroit fan that agrees

D-Leethal
12-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Josh Smith for Lance Stephenson.

koreancabbage
12-04-2014, 10:32 AM
making Drummond your focal point in the offense would be the first mistake.

letting Josh Smith shoot when ever he wants is the second mistake

JWO35
12-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Josh Smith for Lance Stephenson.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat

MonroeFAN
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Uh yeah sign me up. Help yourself to Monroe and a 2nd rounder if you desire.

BHF
12-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Just sell the team and bring back Seattle and Vancouver.

MonroeFAN
12-04-2014, 03:06 PM
lol @ "just sell the team".

The Pistons organization has enjoyed more success than Seattle, Vancouver & Toronto combined.

BHF
12-04-2014, 03:11 PM
lol @ "just sell the team".

The Pistons organization has enjoyed more success than Seattle, Vancouver & Toronto combined.

So what? Stop living in the passed.

MonroeFAN
12-04-2014, 03:14 PM
1. It's "past". Typically I wouldn't say anything, but that was awful and apparently you think you're intelligent.

2. You're about as predictable as a rock.

3. At least I have a past. Stop living in the (nothing?).

4. Back to ignore you go.

Howard_Zinn
12-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Ha! Pistons are also one of the only teams in the NBA that operate without debt. Their arena is 100% owned by Tom Gores. Even if they're bad right now, the franchise is one of the best run teams in the league in terms of finances.

Howard_Zinn
12-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Back on topic: They need to tear it down.. I'd gut the team, keep Drummond, KCP, Dinwiddie, Meeks and try to trade everyone else they can.

Blink
12-04-2014, 04:02 PM
To think, with how horrible that Philly has been this season, they are only 1.5 games out of the next seed.

But on a more serious note, this Detroit team is in serious trouble. They are already gonna lose Monroe in the offseason for nothing (I think they could have got some value back in the off season), and They have Jennings for the long haul.. I mean, what is an elite offensive player like Josh Smith going to do? :D

I just don't see anybody taking the bad contracts on the team, unless they are willing to drop everything and go into tank mode for the next coming years. To unload some of the bad contracts on the team, other rosters will likely ask for a future 1st, or possibly Pope or Drummond in a larger packaged deal. Van Gundy has his work cut out for him, that's for sure.

Jennings has 2 years 16 million on his deal left. As bad as his reputation is on psd he can actually run an offense. Dude racks up assists numbers somehow on this team that can't shoot.

I think Smith can be moved and he will. Hornets or Kings MAYBE.

I want a complete fire sale on this team. Only things ya can't trade for...Dre/KCP. Would love to keep Monroe but the writing is on the wall.

The ghost of Joe Dumars continues to haunt us.

Howard_Zinn
12-04-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm a firm believer that the lakers will lose their pick to the Suns.. I just don't see them finishing in the top-5pick territory. I'd call them with Jennings and Smith and get back expiring garbage. Another scenario is Smith to the Nets with Kirilenko being the main guy coming back to Detroit. Monroe has to agree to a trade and the team will not hold his bird rights. So find a contender that views him as a one year rental to push for a title with a late-first round pick coming back to Detroit. Or find a team that has caproom next year (a bunch do) and would like to use him to get back in it (Hornets come to mind).. The Smith to Sac-town is also an option.

benny01
12-04-2014, 04:06 PM
They have a bunch of talented players who's talents couldn't fit together worse. Also, Josh Smith is ****ing terrible in every imaginable way.

2-ONE-5
12-04-2014, 04:16 PM
actually Monroe to Charlotte doesnt sound like a bad idea, maybe Monroe for Lance swap if they can find a way to move Smiths bum *** first.

SoCal Bob
12-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Wow. What an epic fail of a brain that you have. :laugh:

BHF
12-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Wow. What an epic fail of a brain that you have. :laugh:

Yeah because misspelling something or not speaking the English language perfectly means you don't have a brain, alright there hill billy bob. You have only 35 posts but you are already insulting people way to go bob.

IBleedPurple
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Josh Smith to Philly for tank insurance.

MonroeFAN
12-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Philly is going to beat us by about 20.

Vampirate
12-05-2014, 10:13 AM
The only good out of all this is they will be getting a high draft pick.

What they need to teach Drummond are moves that get to them rim imo. Drummond is a beast once he gets very close to the rim but at this moment 4-6 feet out he's useless. Drummonds MO is dunking.

YAALREADYKNO
12-05-2014, 10:40 AM
only players I'd take from the pistons are Drummond, Caldwell-pope, caron butler, and Monroe

mightybosstone
12-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Josh Smith will be a cancer to pretty much any team he's on at this point. He's picked up horrible habits over his career and at this point, he pretty much only relies on those horrible habits. He may have the worst shot selection in the entire league, but he's making $14 million a year. Not only would no one trade for him, but I don't know if he should even be in the league anymore at all. The cons vastly outweigh any pros with him.

If you're Van Gundy, I think you have to give him an ultimatum: either improve your shot selection or ride the bench for the remainder of your time as a Piston. I honestly think they would be better with him getting 0 minutes than with him playing 33 minutes a game.

WaDe03
12-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Send us Monroe.

Cal827
12-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Jennings has 2 years 16 million on his deal left. As bad as his reputation is on psd he can actually run an offense. Dude racks up assists numbers somehow on this team that can't shoot.

I think Smith can be moved and he will. Hornets or Kings MAYBE.

I want a complete fire sale on this team. Only things ya can't trade for...Dre/KCP. Would love to keep Monroe but the writing is on the wall.

The ghost of Joe Dumars continues to haunt us.

Well, at least you guys have one title, and a decade of a competitive team. I'm just hoping for years of a competitive team (as you have probably seen, some Raptor homers have been trolling the site already lol)

I'm not sure about the Hornets on Smith, but the Kings might. Kinda depends on where they are in the standings in February. Might be a little more likely if they are just on the outside of that last playoff spot, or just hanging on to 8th. What would you expect back, or would you be happy if you can just dump him?

I'm surprised that nobody tried to sign Monroe this offseason. A couple years ago, the forum was talking on how he could become a top 5 big man easily with his range/passing ability. He could likely net a young player or a decent draft pick for you guys.

lkingratedr
12-05-2014, 02:28 PM
brandon jennings to the knicks could work... monroe to the hornets could work... smith to the kings could work... butler to cavs or miami could work...

Howard_Zinn
12-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Well, at least you guys have one title, and a decade of a competitive team. I'm just hoping for years of a competitive team (as you have probably seen, some Raptor homers have been trolling the site already lol)

I'm not sure about the Hornets on Smith, but the Kings might. Kinda depends on where they are in the standings in February. Might be a little more likely if they are just on the outside of that last playoff spot, or just hanging on to 8th. What would you expect back, or would you be happy if you can just dump him?

I'm surprised that nobody tried to sign Monroe this offseason. A couple years ago, the forum was talking on how he could become a top 5 big man easily with his range/passing ability. He could likely net a young player or a decent draft pick for you guys.

Haha.. Pistons have 3 titles.. I'm in my 30's.. I've watched them all.

JV35
12-05-2014, 06:02 PM
With their luck, they'll beat out Philly for last place--then get screwed in the draft lottery.

kobe4thewinbang
12-05-2014, 10:29 PM
I am pretty sure Jennings is gone soon, maybe even before deadline. It's just not working out. He had 1 point the other night.

MrfadeawayJB
12-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Monroe needs to be moved before the deadline. Smith traded for expiring contracts to a fringe playoff team, and Jennings should stay put. If they are able to get a 1st rd pick for Monroe and cap room for smith, they can improve quickly next season. The draft will be deep and they can get a contributor in it. I think Jennings can be on with better talent around him.

JWO35
12-07-2014, 09:10 AM

From the guy that says bring back the Sonics & Vancouver :laugh2: