PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant and Anthony Davis in 2016?

Romo2Bryant
12-02-2014, 11:02 PM
I know, I know, here we go again... But can you imagine if Kevin Durant went to the New Orleans Pelicans in 2016 to pair with Anthony Davis? :faint:

Watching tonight's game just got me thinking about the possibility.

Eric Gordon's contract expires in two-years. Omer Asik's contract expires after this season. Also, Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday has three-years remaining (2-years after this season). But I think Pelicans can find a trading partner to get rid of Evans contract by 2016. And with the cap expected to continue to increase, the Pelicans can have a big 3 of: Durant, Davis and Holiday.

All I been hearing is Wizards or Thunder. But why wouldn't Durant consider joining the Pelicans to pair with Davis?

Thoughts?

Vinny642
12-02-2014, 11:11 PM
I freaking wish

Romo2Bryant
12-02-2014, 11:19 PM
I freaking wish

Just imagine... very scary for the league.

Vinny642
12-02-2014, 11:23 PM
My favorite non-Pel, and my favorite player in the league on the same team... it wouldnt be fair

Jeffy25
12-03-2014, 01:21 AM
And they would play well together, scary thought.

naps
12-03-2014, 01:33 AM
I don't think KD wants to stay in smaller cities anymore. If he actually decides to leave he will either go home or a big city. They can still team up somewhere else since I think AD also becomes a FA in 2016. I agree they would complement each other amazingly. Scary thought indeed.

Romo2Bryant
12-03-2014, 01:39 AM
I don't think KD wants to stay in smaller cities anymore. If he actually decides to leave he will either go home or a big city. They can still team up somewhere else since I think AD also becomes a FA in 2016. I agree they would complement each other amazingly. Scary thought indeed.

Davis will be a restricted FA in 2016. Durant will be a unrestricted FA in 2016. The Pelicans would simply match any offers, so Durant would have to sign with them.

This is unlikely to happen of course, but it's scary to think about.

ThuglifeJ
12-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Now just add Atentekumpo in there too at SG.

aussie
12-03-2014, 10:10 AM
:speechless:

Dade County
12-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I can see KD coming to the HEAT in 2016.

AD might sign a one year qualifying offer, so he doesn't have to be trapped in the N.O; after that I can see him going to a big market like, LA, Ny, or even Golden State.

PurpleLynch
12-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Can you imagine if also they add Goran Dragic,who becomes a free agent in the same year of KD?

Durant,Davis,Dragic---> "The big triple D"

koreancabbage
12-03-2014, 11:54 AM

he's simply not that amazing. very inconsistent.

Slug3
12-03-2014, 12:44 PM

AD might sign a one year qualifying offer, so he doesn't have to be trapped in the N.O; after that I can see him going to a big market like, LA, Ny, or even Golden State.

As a fellow Heat fan, what is your reasoning for him coming to Miami in 2016? We will really only have Bosh and nobody else really, I would expect Wade to be pretty much done at that time and maybe Naiper might be looking decent. But Wizards and even NO have better looking rosters then we most likely would.

Dade County
12-03-2014, 12:51 PM
As a fellow Heat fan, what is your reasoning for him coming to Miami in 2016? We will really only have Bosh and nobody else really, I would expect Wade to be pretty much done at that time and maybe Naiper might be looking decent. But Wizards and even NO have better looking rosters then we most likely would.

Pat will have the money to attract other free agents that year too, so the team can be built around KD. Proven winning organization... The other teams you mentioned not so much... KD, (Howard or Mrac Gasol) & Bosh and a discounted Wade would be a pretty good team. The cap but go up too.

Teams like the HEAT, Lakers & Spurs will have plenty of Cap room to grab 2 to 3 star players.

You don't even no if AD truly wants to be in the N.O long term (he could, but no one knows but him).

Devster3
12-03-2014, 12:58 PM

hahaha

Devster3
12-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Pat will have the money to attract other free agents that year too, so the team can be built around KD. Proven winning organization... The other teams you mentioned not so much... KD, (Howard or Mrac Gasol) & Bosh and a discounted Wade would be a pretty good team. The cap but go up too.

Teams like the HEAT, Lakers & Spurs will have plenty of Cap room to grab 2 to 3 star players.

You don't even no if AD truly wants to be in the N.O long term (he could, but no one knows but him).

Don't expect another anomaly.

mau2392
12-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't think the Pelicans would be interested in signing KD. If you look at the way they're using Anthony Davis this season and how they've built this team around him I don't know if they would be willing to sign a player who as great as he is he would radically change the way this team plays. If Kevin Durant signs with the Pelicans then Davis would have to take a lesser role and I don't think he is willing to do that. Kevin Durant is a team-first player, but he is also a player who plays better when he is the first option and Davis is the same. They like to have the ball in their hands.

effen5
12-04-2014, 12:01 AM
AD is coming home *****es.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-04-2014, 12:08 AM

he's simply not that amazing. very inconsistent.
Gtfoh kid was considered extremely rare when drafted his improvement from yrs 1 to yrs 2 show how good he can become.

SF8
12-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Davis will be a restricted FA in 2016. Durant will be a unrestricted FA in 2016. The Pelicans would simply match any offers, so Durant would have to sign with them.

Yea but Davis could just tell them that he doesn't wanna play there anymore and that he wants out. Do the Pelicans want to match a contract for a disgruntled player again after what happened with Eric Gordon? Doubt it.

I'm not saying Davis is disgruntled in New Orleans but if he really wanted to leave, he could. That RFA thing doesn't mean squat because he can just pull an Eric Gordon and no team knows that better than the Pelicans.

Can you imagine if also they add Goran Dragic,who becomes a free agent in the same year of KD?

Goran Dragic will opt out of his contract after this season and become an UFA.

JeffG20
12-04-2014, 01:29 AM

No one does this. Kyrie supposedly hated Cleveland and still stayed. All yall can keep your filthy hands off him because he wont be available for quite a while

JeffG20
12-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Yea but Davis could just tell them that he doesn't wanna play there anymore and that he wants out. Do the Pelicans want to match a contract for a disgruntled player again after what happened with Eric Gordon? Doubt it.

I'm not saying Davis is disgruntled in New Orleans but if he really wanted to leave, he could. That RFA thing doesn't mean squat because he can just pull an Eric Gordon and no team knows that better than the Pelicans.

Goran Dragic will opt out of his contract after this season and become an UFA.

Again, Almost no one coming off their rookie deal does this. Kyrie is a perfect example of this disgruntled player you just described. At the end of the day, money talks. I really cant think of any star player of any significance that's refused a max offer and took the qualifying offer and then bolted.

Ezio
12-04-2014, 01:47 AM
AD is coming home *****es.

I ****ing wish. Butler and Davis :drool: Oh and Niko too

Howard_Zinn
12-04-2014, 02:06 AM
KD will play in Washington or OKC.. Just my opinion.

Cal827
12-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Guys, have we forgotten that Lebron can also leave Cleveland in 2016? Also, guess which team has a massive cap hit come off the books as he'll likely retire? Don't worry, in about a year, The Laker army will be out in full force #KDLBJADTOLA2016

Durant and Davis is just plain horrifying to deal with on the same side. How the hell would you properly defend that. Those two alone can move around 4 positions on the court, have amazing range, Durant is a psycho offensive player, Davis is gonna be a psycho defensive player. Get them a Point Guard who is able to give them the ball and that team becomes the decisive favorite in the crazy west. I don't think I need to mention what would happen if they came together on an East team lol

SF8
12-04-2014, 02:41 AM

This is unlikely to happen of course, but it's scary to think about.

Again, Almost no one coming off their rookie deal does this. Kyrie is a perfect example of this disgruntled player you just described. At the end of the day, money talks. I really cant think of any star player of any significance that's refused a max offer and took the qualifying offer and then bolted.

I'm not saying he's gonna take the QO offer, I'm saying he can sign a max contract with another team tell the Pelicans to not match the contract and that if they do match, he will quit on the team like Eric Gordon.

JeffG20
12-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Again, this gets brought up but has never really happened. Also, Davis has shown nothing to give off the vibe he wants to go anywhere. I mean he might, but he's not really the glitz and glamor type. He seems generally content. Eric Gordon is a strange dude and comparing him to Davis is pretty insulting.

JeffG20
12-04-2014, 02:48 AM
This is Davis first Big deal and we can offer him the most. He has no real incentive to have a PR nightmare to go somewhere else and make less. AD has a lot to lose by quitting on a team and that does not seem to be in his DNA.

Romo2Bryant
12-04-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm not saying he's gonna take the QO offer, I'm saying he can sign a max contract with another team tell the Pelicans to not match the contract and that if they do match, he will quit on the team like Eric Gordon.

Doesn't matter if a team signs Davis, to a 4-year max contract, the Pelicans would still match it, even if Davis is upset. Davis has too much pride, and love for the game to be a distraction. Not like he's going to stop trying for 4-years.

On the other hand, I heard that Durant will consider signing a 1-year deal after his contact is up. Durant is considering this because of the new cap numbers approaching. In that case, let's just say Davis signs a QF offer (unlikely, but who knows?) and become a UF in 2017. All of sudden, Durant and Davis would be a UF in 2017.

Dade County
12-04-2014, 10:11 AM
No one does this. Kyrie supposedly hated Cleveland and still stayed. All yall can keep your filthy hands off him because he wont be available for quite a while

So your not going to factor in that him & Lbj most likely talked and thats why he signed?

koreancabbage
12-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Gtfoh kid was considered extremely rare when drafted his improvement from yrs 1 to yrs 2 show how good he can become.

doesn't change the fact he is very bad at times and amazing at times (due to his extreme length) he's been shifted to and from the bench/starter over the last two years i don't know how many times its been done.

its just funny people are considered to be on the same sentence as Durant and AD. that is laughable. There are way better players than Atentekumpo in 2016.

JeffG20
12-04-2014, 09:11 PM
So your not going to factor in that him & Lbj most likely talked and thats why he signed?

Possibly, but I don't think it was a given he would always go back. I mean the stuff coming out about Kyrie was sure he was splitting. I just want to know why people always bring this up when it never happens. Can it happen? absolutely. will it? doubtful. No one is risking messing up their first big NBA pay day. I'm not saying AD will never leave, because if we cant win he absolutely will. But It wont be for quite a while