PDA

View Full Version : Hornets fire sale , everyone can go but Two.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 03:31 PM
The Hornets are active on the trade market to upgrade their wing and power forward positions, sources told Grantland.
It's not really a surprise considering the Hornets are getting underwhelming production from both areas identified and are off to a 4-14 start. The team will reportedly trade anyone outside of Kemba Walker and Al Jefferson (noticeably absent? Lance Stephenson), but that was fairly obvious prior to this report. The Hornets may make a deal or two, but there's no magic bullet of quick fix coming in Charlotte.

I would love for the bulls to grab MKG and Biyombo for Taj and a 1st.

Goose17
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Lol Lance. What a chump.

Kind of surprised they're giving up on MKG so quick. Guess they want to contend while its easy in the East.

No rumours of targets?

goingfor28
12-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Lance got to go

Crackadalic
12-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Idk how they have the same record as us. People were claiming playoff bound but this team took advantage of having a cupcake schedule last year.

They should have tank a few more years but Jordan wants to be a 8th seed every year

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:11 PM
This has got to be a record btw, to go from being an up and coming team to being probably the worst team in the league after one season is pretty bad.

I would love for the Pistons to some how land MKG, I would take on Lance as well.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Lance isn't a great fit next to that awful PG Kemba Walker . Lance reverted back to his 2011 stats I'm guessing because of his role in Cha. If they moved him to a 6th man role I'm sure he would play better .

Goose17
12-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Lance isn't a great fit next to that awful PG Kemba Walker . Lance reverted back to his 2011 stats I'm guessing because of his role in Cha. If they moved him to a 6th man role I'm sure he would play better .

I'll take Kemba over Lance every day of the week. Lance was ridiculously overrated last season.

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Kemba is a chucking piece of crap.

Goose17
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM

Lance is just plain crap.

likemystylez
12-01-2014, 04:20 PM

I wouldnt mind kemba as a spark plug off the bench. kind of a jamaul crawford role

Stunner
12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
I'll take Kemba over Lance every day of the week. Lance was ridiculously overrated last season.

Kemba is having a worser year than last and last wasn't even that good . He sucks

Stunner
12-01-2014, 04:25 PM

His last two seasons were actually decent when he was in the proper role and with a less ball dominate PG in Indy. If you replaced Cha with a Chalmers / Hill type of PG he would play better .

Stunner
12-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I wouldnt mind kemba as a spark plug off the bench. kind of a jamaul crawford role

Exactly he's a glorified Nate / DJ / Brooks type of PG . He's nowhere near as good as Lawson or Thomas.

Crackadalic
12-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Dec 15 will be crazy though

Goose17
12-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Kemba is having a worser year than last and last wasn't even that good . He sucks

I never said he didn't suck. I said I would take him over Lance.

His last two seasons were actually decent when he was in the proper role and with a less ball dominate PG in Indy. If you replaced Cha with a Chalmers / Hill type of PG he would play better .

He was barely average and it was due to the system, not his talents. He's garbage. Worse than any other name mentioned in this thread (Chalmers, Hill, Kemba, Nate, DJ, Brooks). He's plain utter garbage.

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:47 PM

Then so is Rajon Rondo. They're essentially the same player.

Goose17
12-01-2014, 04:48 PM

LOL!! Explain yourself. Elaborate. Right now. I can think of at least 30 guards I would take over Lance.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM

Lmao

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Is there anything more arrogant than capitalizing lol? Slow down chief. Both players are walking triple double threats and hang their hat on being defensive players. Neither has won anything on their own, both have looked great as system players. How is that an lol type of situation? I couldn't think of a better comparison. I can name 30 guards better than Rondo, so I'm not sure what point it is you're getting at there.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Is there anything more arrogant than capitalizing lol? Slow down chief. Both players are walking triple double threats and hang their hat on being defensive players. Neither has won anything on their own, both have looked great as system players. How is that an lol type of situation? I couldn't think of a better comparison. I can name 30 guards better than Rondo, so I'm not sure what point it is you're getting at there.

Just check out his Klay is a better defender than butler argument lol

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm familiar with his work. I agree with a lot of what he has to say, but simply telling me I'm wrong because he says so wreaks of arrogance. I pride myself on knowing about basketball too, I don't really need someone lol-ing at me when they most likely have no argument. The numbers support the argument, the history of both player supports the argument. Are they identical? No, of course not. But they're both players who fill up a stat sheet, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I can't think of a better comparison based on production in a per minute basis and past success.

Goose17
12-01-2014, 05:15 PM

LOL... arrogance? You mean amusement. I find you post hilarious. You think Lance is on the same level as Rondo?

And I would like to see your list of 30 guards that are better than a prime Rondo.

Lance isn't even close to Rondo's level.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm familiar with his work. I agree with a lot of what he has to say, but simply telling me I'm wrong because he says so wreaks of arrogance. I pride myself on knowing about basketball too, I don't really need someone lol-ing at me when they most likely have no argument. The numbers support the argument, the history of both player supports the argument. Are they identical? No, of course not. But they're both players who fill up a stat sheet, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I agree , Lance really needs to work on his shooting if he wants to get better . Maybe he needs to workout with Chris Johnson like Butler and I think Leonard did in the offseason. He has the talent

Stunner
12-01-2014, 05:17 PM
LOL... arrogance? You mean amusement. I find you post hilarious. You think Lance is on the same level as Rondo?

And I would like to see your list of 30 guards that are better than a prime Rondo.

Lance isn't even close to Rondo's level.

Don't think he said the same level think he pretty much said they play the same type of game .

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Amusement? lol, dude you are not nearly as bad as you think you are. Where on earth is this pride coming from?

A prime Rondo? So now the argument changes to prime years. What exactly is prime Rondo? When he was with the big 3? His career is so spotty with injuries I don't think he even has a prime, but if you think he does, please post his per minute production in conjunction with the USG of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce & KG. Because I bet you it's a lot closer than you think it is. Do I think Lance is a better player? No, but they have a ridiculously comparable playing style, and comparable across the board production.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2014, 05:23 PM

Kemba Walker would make a great 6th man, but he's not a good starter imo.

Lance Stephenson is so overrated it's laughable.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2014, 05:24 PM

:laugh: I mean Rondo is overrated himself but him and Lance the same player? :laugh: thanks for the laugh bro!

Stunner
12-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Kemba Walker would make a great 6th man, but he's not a good starter imo.

Lance Stephenson is so overrated it's laughable.

Lance in most of the part last season earned the praise he got until the team as a whole struggled . This year Lance hasn't even been rated or talked about because of his play . He's just a bad fit for them , he's only what 23 ? He still has room to grow . Evan Turner was suppose to be what Lance was last year .

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Being the glue guy on one of the best defensive teams in the league and averaging a near triple double in the process = overrated. I agree.

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 05:27 PM
:laugh: I mean Rondo is overrated himself but him and Lance the same player? :laugh: thanks for the laugh bro!

What you said makes absolutely no sense at all.

I don't get what is so difficult to understand about the comparison. What other players in the league fill up the stat sheet between the 3 main categories like those two players do?

After reading some of the comments on here, I'm beginning to think that Swag is a statistical category that some of you are seeking out. I'm not trying to build a street ball team here. Kemba dancing around while shooting 10% from the field isn't going to help.

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 05:31 PM
I should probably take back the comment about there being 30 guards better than Rondo. That was foolish. I don't think it applies to Stephenson either however.

Goose17
12-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Amusement? lol, dude you are not nearly as bad as you think you are. Where on earth is this pride coming from?

Who said I was "bad"? And what are you talking about pride for? I find it amusing because it's complete nonsense to me and was either a joke or laughably foolish. Either way that makes it amusing.

A prime Rondo? So now the argument changes to prime years. What exactly is prime Rondo? When he was with the big 3? His career is so spotty with injuries I don't think he even has a prime, but if you think he does, please post his per minute production in conjunction with the USG of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce & KG. Because I bet you it's a lot closer than you think it is. Do I think Lance is a better player? No, but they have a ridiculously comparable playing style, and comparable across the board production.

They're not comparable at all. Lance had one flukey season as the product of a decent system. Rondo has years of consistency and solid production.

Career numbers for Lance; 9.1 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 3.3 APG, 0.8 SPG on 45% from the field and an overrated defender.

Career numbers for Rondo; 11 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 8.4 APG, 1.9 SPG on 44% from the field and a consistent high caliber defender.

Lance's Career PER; 12.5
Rondo's Career PER; 17.1

Lance's Career WS/48; .094
Rondo's Career WS/48; .128

I'm sorry, how are they comparable?

JEDean89
12-01-2014, 06:00 PM
This team will be fine and they are actually pretty loaded with depth, one or two pieces might bet them back in contention. MKG, Kemba, Jefferson and Vonleh should be the core going forward. Zeller, Biyombo, Lance, Neal, Henderson, Williams are all replaceable.

This team can either wait for their talent to finally get to an age where they can compete, or they can trade for vets. This team has so many options, it's up to Cho to not **** it up. I would exercise patience with this team and not sell so low on guys like Lance (Lantz?), MKG, Zeller, etc. They can also tank again and keep loading this team with young talent. A guy like Mudiay would compliment Kemba very nicely.

Ezio
12-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the pick Hornets :smoking:

Stunner
This team will be fine and they are actually pretty loaded with depth, one or two pieces might bet them back in contention. MKG, Kemba, Jefferson and Vonleh should be the core going forward. Zeller, Biyombo, Lance, Neal, Henderson, Williams are all replaceable.

This team can either wait for their talent to finally get to an age where they can compete, or they can trade for vets. This team has so many options, it's up to Cho to not **** it up. I would exercise patience with this team and not sell so low on guys like Lance (Lantz?), MKG, Zeller, etc. They can also tank again and keep loading this team with young talent. A guy like Mudiay would compliment Kemba very nicely.

Kemba needs to go , he's awful . It's gonna be hard to bounce back from this hole to make it .500. This is just like the last time they made the playoffs and then missed it .

Stunner
Thanks for the pick Hornets :smoking:

Lmaoo

Ezio
12-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Lmaoo

You think MJ will take Doug + Taj for an unprotected pick?

lamzoka
12-01-2014, 06:28 PM
I'll be more than happy to give them Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr for MKG

mau2392
12-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Lance has been awful. I doubt many teams who are on top of the east would take him. Maybe the Knicks would. MKG is a great defender, but the man cannot play offense. I'd trade MKG for Shumpert. I don't really care about the Hornets. They are going to suck either way. However, the Knicks could use some defense and MKG's lack of offense would give Melo room to operate.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 06:34 PM
You think MJ will take Doug + Taj for an unprotected pick?

He would do that deal and send us MKG and Biyombo with it

Stunner
12-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I'll be more than happy to give them Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr for MKG

Back off MKG is ours

mau2392
12-01-2014, 06:38 PM
If I were the Bulls I wouldn't trade for MKG. I wouldn't trade this early in the season. I mean we still gotta to see how Rose develops throughout the year, and if you trade Taj then you're going to be without PFs and Gasol is sort of prone to injury and the only one available to sub for Pau would be Mirotic, and I don't think he is ready to take over the starting spot in a contending team.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
If I were the Bulls I wouldn't trade for MKG. I wouldn't trade this early in the season. I mean we still gotta to see how Rose develops throughout the year, and if you trade Taj then you're going to be without PFs and Gasol is sort of prone to injury and the only one available to sub for Pau would be Mirotic, and I don't think he is ready to take over the starting spot in a contending team.

You don't know our team and you don't know Mirotic !!!!! Mirotic already better than Taj. MKG would be brought in to help not run Butler into the ground , Biyombo could fill the defensive side off the bench and can learn from Thibs . Mirotic is the man and in the race for ROTY IMO . Plus Rose doesn't have any effect on MKG because MKG would be coming off the bench . MKG has improved his shooting form too with the help of Mark Price , if anyone can steal him away from Cha then it's a plus for the team getting him . Most of us bulls fans are ready to give the keys to Miro , he's not your average rookie.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I'd take mkg and lance even tho lance Is overrated he's only like 23-24

Stunner
12-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Pacers need to get Lance back

JEDean89
12-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Maybe just tank and get Towns or Okafor and build a team like the Grizz that is built inside. With Kemba, Lance and MKG out on the wing, you could have a truly elite defensive team.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2014, 07:11 PM
They should frankly be willing to trade anybody, Kemba and Jefferson included. I like Jefferson, don't get me wrong, but Kemba is not even worth the deal they gave him. If they can get a taker for him, by all means.

Ariza's Better
12-01-2014, 08:08 PM
They still have a good roster it's just everyone on that team has gone backwards. And when that happens, the coach is to blame.

Cracka2HI!
12-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Free Agent busts Spencer Hawes for Lance might make sense for both teams. Lance is a helluva a lot better than anything the Clippers have the 3(even tho he's a 2) and Hawes isn't fitting in yet. Stephenson is one of those guys who got the "underrated" bill last year so much that now he seems overrated. The same thing happneded to Blake Griffin on this site. He was overrated in real life but so hated on PSD that we he was vastly underrated on this site. Lance is no longer underrated but he is much better than is being posted about him here. He does know how to play basketball and would most likley fit in on veteran team with great coaching like the Clippers. His contract isn't even terrible and he's still young. I'll take him over Spencer and I'd add Farmar or Bullock to match the salaries.

lamzoka
12-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Back off MKG is ours

Cmon man. We need him more than you guys. Don't be greedy.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Cmon man. We need him more than you guys. Don't be greedy.

Y'all need Jesus

lamzoka
12-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Y'all need Jesus

Not even Jesus could help us

albertajaysfan
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM

:clap:

priceless

Stunner
12-01-2014, 09:25 PM

Korean Jesus tho

PacersForLife
12-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Pacers need to get Lance back

Nah, we're fine without him. I would much rather watch great ball movement and players who play for each other over Lance dribbling for 20 seconds and taking a stupid shot half the time and doing whatever he can to get a triple-double.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Nah, we're fine without him. I would much rather watch great ball movement over Lance dribbling for 20 seconds and taking a stupid shot half the time.

Y'all suck

PacersForLife
12-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Y'all suck

Are you not familiar with our injury situation? It's almost a miracle that we are where we are with what we have... Road wins at Miami, Chicago, and Dallas... They're much more enjoyable to watch than the second half of last season.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Are you not familiar with our injury situation? It's almost a miracle that we are where we are with what we have... Road wins at Miami, Chicago, and Dallas...

Y'all still suck

PacersForLife
12-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Y'all still suck

Alright.

Chronz
12-01-2014, 09:48 PM
I cant believe how much their defense has suffered without MKG.

Tony_Starks
12-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I don't understand why they're hitting the panick button so quickly. I understand they expected to take a step forward but they could finish well under .500 and still make the playoffs.

Stunner
12-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Current standings

Raps vs Pacers
Wiz vs Cavs
Bulls vs Bucks
Heat vs Hawks

I think the hornets miss the playoffs , this is the bucks year to make it.

smith&wesson
12-01-2014, 10:08 PM
ill take mkg on the raps.. depends on what they would want.

True Rocket
12-01-2014, 10:53 PM
This has got to be a record btw, to go from being an up and coming team to being probably the worst team in the league after one season is pretty bad.

I would love for the Pistons to some how land MKG, I would take on Lance as well.

Why would you want another wing player who can't shoot? :confused:

Corey
12-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Jeff Green - MKG/Lance based deal? I dunno, but I think Boston and Charlotte are decent trade partners.

Bruno
12-01-2014, 11:15 PM
I cant believe how much their defense has suffered without MKG.

yet LBJ and Melo burn him for league highs last season heads up. MKG sends us mixed signals. maybe he more anchor-glue than a long down individual wing? does he play safety in that defense? I don't have any hornets on my dynasty team so I've only caught one game of theirs this season.

but yeah, confusion.

colinskik
12-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Haven't watched enough Hornets games this year to try and take a guess at their underlying problems. Are they lacking shooters? I know they're a pretty low scoring team. Is Lance the real problem, upsetting CHA's system play? Or is it Kemba as a low percentage PG paired with Lance who has a tendency to chuck?

I'm pretty surprised how down everyone is on Lance though. I like what i saw from him in the playoffs last year and he's still only 24. I would gladly take him on the Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr. and some other pieces. Calderon is similar to the PG play the Pacers had last year, so optimistically I think it would work. On the other hand, Lance shares many bad traits with JR and we certainly don't need any more of that.

Stunner
12-02-2014, 12:44 AM
RT @Talk_NBA_: Report: The Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets are in trade talks involving Jeff Green and Lance Stephenson

xxplayerxx23
12-02-2014, 12:50 AM
RT @Talk_NBA_: Report: The Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets are in trade talks involving Jeff Green and Lance Stephenson

Wow really interesting

Chronz
12-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Haven't watched enough Hornets games this year to try and take a guess at their underlying problems. Are they lacking shooters? I know they're a pretty low scoring team. Is Lance the real problem, upsetting CHA's system play? Or is it Kemba as a low percentage PG paired with Lance who has a tendency to chuck?

I'm pretty surprised how down everyone is on Lance though. I like what i saw from him in the playoffs last year and he's still only 24. I would gladly take him on the Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr. and some other pieces. Calderon is similar to the PG play the Pacers had last year, so optimistically I think it would work. On the other hand, Lance shares many bad traits with JR and we certainly don't need any more of that.

Solid points.

deaner
12-02-2014, 02:24 AM
I could see Masai Ujuri going after Bismack Byombo

DoMeFavors
12-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Stephenson is having a terrible year and hasn't proven he can play outside Pacers system. I don't get why many people would want him.

True Rocket
12-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Stephenson is having a terrible year and hasn't proven he can play outside Pacers system. I don't get why many people would want him.

Because he's a good defender, competitive and has a high motor.

abe_froman
12-02-2014, 02:41 AM
belief in the talent and quality being thin at his position

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Original poster might wanna change the heading into Hornets are buyers for trade. Not flat out fire sale to tank. Jordan still wants to get to playoffs. Just wants to trade for shooters.

Corey
12-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Wow really interesting

Unsubstantiated rumor started by a site with no sources.