PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 NBA All-Stars

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 01:45 PM
It's almost December, that means the NBA will soon release the all-star ballots. So who do you think will make it and who will get snub?

WEST:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Anthony Davis

James Harden
Marc Gasol
Tony Parker
DeMarcus Cousins
Dwight Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Steph Curry

Deserve a spot but won't get in:

Mike Conley Jr
Klay Thompson
Damien Lillard
LaMarcus ALdridge

East:

PG: Rose
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Melo
PF: LeBron
C: Kevin Love

Chris Bosh
Al Horford
Kyle Lowry
John Wall
Deron Williams
Terrance Ross (DeMare DeRozan)
Someone from the Bucks (Jabari or the Greek Kid)

Note:

Guys like Kobe, Melo, Kd, Rose will be voted starters regardless of their team's record or injuries.

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Mods i messed up on the title. It's 2014 not 2024

tredigs
11-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Terrance Ross?? Jabari?? I'll have what you're having.

JustinTime
11-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Terrance Ross?? Jabari?? I'll have what you're having.

lol Ross isn't getting in at all neither is Derozan this year. It'll be Lowry and Lou Williams if he keeps it up in Derozan's place. Brandon knight is more likely than either Jabari or Greak freak.

jerellh528
11-30-2014, 02:31 PM
I think curry starts over cp3. Curry is hugely popular these days

Htownballa1622
11-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Did Westbrook get abducted by his alien relatives?

DamnGoat
11-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Jimmy Butler & Pau should make it.

jerellh528
11-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Jimmy Butler & Pau should both make it.

Good Ol pau, man do I miss him.

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 03:05 PM
rose isnt getting my vote

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 03:07 PM
kyrie over d wil probably

Ezio
11-30-2014, 03:20 PM
kyrie over d wil probably

Nah Rose was winning the votes even when he was out, he'll make it.

Butler will get a bench spot.

Kaner
11-30-2014, 03:21 PM
West
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Davis

bench
Thompson
Paul
Cousins
Gasol
Dirk
Harden
Lillard

East:

Rose
Butler
Lebron
Carmelo
Bosh

bench
Lowry
Noah/Gasol
Horford
Wall
Wade
Love
Irving

JustinTime
11-30-2014, 03:24 PM
West
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Davis

bench
Thompson
Paul
Cousins
Gasol
Dirk
Harden
Lillard

East:

Rose
Butler
Lebron
Carmelo
Bosh

bench
Lowry
Noah
Horford
Wall
Wade
Love
Irving

Lowry is the East's best PG and should start but it's a popularity contest so he won't

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 03:26 PM
The west is so hard because there are a lot of players that deserve a spot.

The east is so hard because there are a lot of players that don't deserve a spot.

Someone from the Bucks have to be in there. Coming into the season everyone thought they would fighting for the worst seed in the NBA with the 76ers. if the season ended today they'll have homecourt in the first round. I know thats not saying much, its the east. BUT STILL.

tredigs
11-30-2014, 03:41 PM
The west is so hard because there are a lot of players that deserve a spot.

The east is so hard because there are a lot of players that don't deserve a spot.

Someone from the Bucks have to be in there. Coming into the season everyone thought they would fighting for the worst seed in the NBA with the 76ers. if the season ended today they'll have homecourt in the first round. I know thats not saying much, its the east. BUT STILL.

Nah, they'd make the playoffs but not HCA. They're really not good, they're average (-1.3 differential). I don't think they'll get special treatment for a player due to being a .500 level team. If one of them do get in though it should probably be Knight.

Plenty of other guys that would get picked over him though; Millsap, Noah, Rondo, JJ, Vuvecic, etc.

Crackadalic
11-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Have to think about this one when I have time

Blitzbolt
11-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Conley deserves a spot I think he will get in if someone is injured.

BHF
11-30-2014, 04:20 PM
This has to be the worst list i have ever seen on psd, and why are people putting Rose and Durant out there?

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 04:23 PM
This has to be the worst list i have ever seen on psd, and why are people putting Rose and Durant out there?

Because fans will vote them in, LIKE IT OR NOT.

Why don't you put up your list?

Kaner
11-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Lowry is the East's best PG and should start but it's a popularity contest so he won't

I agree.

koreancabbage
11-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Lowry should be on the East's bench at the very minimum. He's gonna be an MVP candidate by season's end (won't be a winner but Raptors get to playoffs in top 3 seed). Lets hope he gets the votes of some Americans and all of Canadians lol. Uncle Drew probably gonna get most votes when its all said and done.

Dear god i hope people don't vote for Rose. he's not an allstar worthy player this year.

TrueFan420
11-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Because fans will vote them in, LIKE IT OR NOT.

Why don't you put up your list?

Probably but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it down

tredigs
11-30-2014, 05:48 PM
I'll do one as what I think should be:

WEST:

PG: Steph Curry
SG: James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant (he'll have 30+ games played at that point and he's the best in the West)
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Marc Gasol

D. Lillard
CP3
DeMarcus Cousins
Dirk Nowitzki
Kawhi (Gotta have at least 1 Spur represented. Take your pick between him/TP/Duncan really)
Klay Thompson (might be a little homer there, but he's deserving)
Whoever plays better over the next 2 months between Howard or Blake for the final big.

East:

PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Dwyane Wade (If he can stay on the court some more)
SF: Lebron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Nikola Vucevic

Melo
John Wall
Jimmy Butler
Joakim Noah
K. Love
Deron Williams
Paul Millsap

tredigs
11-30-2014, 06:05 PM
^Actually Jimmy Butler should definitely be the starting 2 guard, and I'd probably find a place for Pau.

Ezio
11-30-2014, 06:15 PM
^Actually Jimmy Butler should definitely be the starting 2 guard, and I'd probably find a place for Pau.

:shush: let people find out the hard way about Jimmy.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-30-2014, 06:19 PM
It'll be a crime if Jimmy Butler isn't an all-star if he keeps this going.

Goose17
11-30-2014, 06:50 PM

Because they're popular and the ASG is a popularity contest, very little to do with who the best players are.

Look at last year, Lin finished 4th in voting for western conference guards, despite being... Lin. Then you have Kobe finishing 2nd in voting for the West back court, just behind Steph and Kobe only played 6 games that season.

DamnGoat
11-30-2014, 07:31 PM
If Jimmy keeps this up (and I think he will), then he'll be there as a reserve for sure. I'd put Pau in over Noah also. Noah started the season playing hurt and still hasn't been great yet (though he's playing much better lately).

While I agree with people that say Rose shouldn't start, the starters are voted on by the fans and there are a lot of stupid/ignorant fans out there that vote.

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Probably but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it down

Man when did u guys started watching NBA?

Players cannot turn down an all-star selection. Any player whose is named an all-star is obligated to attend regardless of injuries. They come do their media duties then sit on the bench (The league will select a player to replace him)

An all-star selection is an accolade to NBA players. They want as many selections as they can get.

By NBA rules, if you can't play in the all-star game for any reason, you can't play in your team's next 2 regular season games. It's mandatory.

This is why older players like Duncan only play a few minutes and ask the coach not to put them back in the game.

Goose17
11-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Man when did u guys started watching NBA?

Players cannot turn down an all-star selection. Any player whose is named an all-star is obligated to attend regardless of injuries. They come do their media duties then sit on the bench (The league will select a player to replace him)

An all-star selection is an accolade to NBA players. They want as many selections as they can get.

By NBA rules, if you can't play in the all-star game for any reason, you can't play in your team's next 2 regular season games. It's mandatory.

This is why older players like Duncan only play a few minutes and ask the coach not to put them back in the game.

I mean they could give up their starting spot but they would still be an all star so... yeah. Popularity rules the day.

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 07:54 PM
I mean they could give up their starting spot but they would still be an all star so... yeah. Popularity rules the day.

That's different. You can give up your starting spot, but you can't give up your selection. Players give up their starting spots to other players out of respect. The last time I think that happened was in 2003 when Vince Carter gave his spot to Michael Jordan.

Which Player in today's NBA Kobe respect enough to give him his starting spot? Maybe Dwight Howard lol

Sanjay
11-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Lowry should be on the East's bench at the very minimum. He's gonna be an MVP candidate by season's end (won't be a winner but Raptors get to playoffs in top 3 seed). Lets hope he gets the votes of some Americans and all of Canadians lol. Uncle Drew probably gonna get most votes when its all said and done.

Dear god i hope people don't vote for Rose. he's not an allstar worthy player this year.

I think you should have to play at least 70% of the games prior to the All-Star Break to be eligible. While I like Rose and Durant, it is sad to see up-and-coming players missing out and it probably means more to them to be voted in. Also, if I was injured/old I would rather rest than be involved in All-Star Weekend. Regarding the teams, I think Teague deserves a spot as an East guard.

Goose17
11-30-2014, 07:59 PM
That's different. You can give up your starting spot, but you can't give up your selection. Players give up their starting spots to other players out of respect. The last time I think that happened was in 2003 when Vince Carter gave his spot to Michael Jordan.

Which Player in today's NBA Kobe respect enough to give him his starting spot? Maybe Dwight Howard lol

lol, I was thinking Rose might step aside if he was voted in, due to being "humble" and not wanting to break his neck or whatever for an exhibition game.

Durant may do the same depending on when he gets back and how many games he manages to play.

Mr.B
11-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Conley deserves a spot I think he will get in if someone is injured.

That's another downfall of the West being so stacked. There are several good players that deserve to be All Stars but can't because there are so many good players in the West. Like Conley I think Monte Ellis deserves a spot on the team too. I would expect Kobe to bow out of the actual game to rest any nagging injuries so that would open up one spot.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-30-2014, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie starts over Wade considering who he plays with and how many fans that player has.

jerellh528
11-30-2014, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie starts over Wade considering who he plays with and how many fans that player has.

I absolutely expect kyrie to get in over wade

andy2518
11-30-2014, 10:17 PM
I absolutely expect kyrie to get in over wade

For sure, Wade has missed way too many games.

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 10:38 PM
i wont go too far and say butler should start over wade but he does deserve a spot on the team if he keeps it up for sure. Stil hate him though

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-30-2014, 10:59 PM
i wont go too far and say butler should start over wade but he does deserve a spot on the team if he keeps it up for sure. Stil hate him though

You hate him as a player or hate him cuz he plays on the Bulls? The latter would be considered envy.

Shammyguy3
11-30-2014, 11:05 PM

How can you hate Jimmy Buckets?

My personal rosters below through the first month of the season, not what i think would be voted for

Western
Paul/Lillard/Conley
Curry/Harden
Leonard/???????* no idea who to put here at this moment, Nic Batum?
Davis/Griffin
Gasol/Howard/Cousins

Eastern
Lowry/Teague/Irving
Butler/Wade
Lebron/Melo
Gasol/Love
Bosh/Horford/Vucevic

Tough to leave off a number of guys. For people that find this league watered down in big men, look no further than this year's big member class above (with guys like Nowitzki/Duncan/Aldridge/Ibaka/Noah not being on my list)

Nick O
12-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Rose will start over Lowry because [people are ****ing stupid and its all popularity. can only hope Rose will be too hurt to play in the game which is really likely.

Shammyguy3
12-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Rose will start over Lowry because [people are ****ing stupid and its all popularity. can only hope Rose will be too hurt to play in the game which is really likely.

Nice, the exact prototype of fandom everyone and their mothers prefer to engage with.

TylerSL
12-01-2014, 12:37 AM
West

Starting Lineup
Stephen Curry
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Blake Griffin
Anthony Davis

Bench
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Damian Lillard
James Harden
DeMarcus Cousins
Dwight Howard
Marc Gasol

East

Starting Lineup
John Wall
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh

Bench
Kyle Lowry
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Rose
Jimmy Butler
Kevin Love
Pau Gasol
Al Jefferson

mau2392
12-01-2014, 12:40 AM
East:
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Love

Brandon Knight
Chris Bosh
Pau Gasol
Kyle Lowry
Jimmy Butler
John Wall
Joakim Noah

Snubs: Nikola Vucevic (Orl), Antetekoumpo (Mil), Rajon Rondo (Bos)

West
Steph Curry
Kobe
KD
Anthony Davis
Blake Griffin

Westbrook
Marc Gasol
Mike Conley
Dirk Nowitzki
Rudy Gay
Boogie Cousins
Chris Paul

Snubs: Lilliard (Por), Aldrige (Por), Zach Randolph (Mem), Klay Thompson (GS), Tony Parker (SA), Tim Duncan (SA)

Kaner
12-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Most deserving players imo

West

Curry
Harden
Durant (eventually)
Davis
Gasol

bench
CP3
Cousins
Duncan
Dirk
Lillard
Howard, Chandler, or Griffin
Thompson, Hayward, or Rudy Gay

East:

Lowry
Butler
Lebron
Gasol
Bosh

bench:

Wade
Irving
Wall
Love
Carmelo
Vucevic
Jefferson

Shammyguy3
12-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Just noticed I put down Valanciunas by accident. Meant to put Vucevic. I also completely forgot about Hayward in the West, so as of right this second here's my picks:

Western
Paul/Lillard/Conley
Curry/Harden
Leonard/Hayward
Davis/Griffin
Gasol/Howard/Cousins

Eastern
Lowry/Teague/Irving
Butler/Wade
Lebron/Melo
Gasol/Love
Bosh/Horford/Vucevic

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-01-2014, 02:41 AM

:facepalm:

WaDe03
12-01-2014, 03:10 AM
If Jimmy Butler is better than Wade the Bulls have the East locked up with a huge chance to win the title.

YAALREADYKNO
12-01-2014, 12:09 PM
:facepalm:

whos that girl you have in that picture tho?

YAALREADYKNO
12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
If Jimmy Butler is better than Wade the Bulls have the East locked up with a huge chance to win the title.

I think wade and butler will get in

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Kobe making it. :)

Shammyguy3
12-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Isn't it kind of crazy that we're talking about this? Being a humongous Bulls' fan who actually believes this statement to be true at this point in time, I can't believe it's actually happening. Prior to the season, we were saying "Rose has to be (near) MVP for us to win a ring" but then we thought "No, this roster is easily better than any roster MVP-caliber Rose had.

However, I'm now closer to this line of thinking: "If Rose is an average player, with the way Butler's playing we could realistically win"

tredigs
12-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Isn't it kind of crazy that we're talking about this? Being a humongous Bulls' fan who actually believes this statement to be true at this point in time, I can't believe it's actually happening. Prior to the season, we were saying "Rose has to be (near) MVP for us to win a ring" but then we thought "No, this roster is easily better than any roster MVP-caliber Rose had.

However, I'm now closer to this line of thinking: "If Rose is an average player, with the way Butler's playing we could realistically win"

I don't know about 'win'. I think most of the West elite would smoke them in a series. It's arguable the West 7th or 8th seed will be a better team than whoever comes out of the East.

abe_froman
12-02-2014, 02:44 AM
I don't know about 'win'. I think most of the West elite would smoke them in a series. It's arguable the West 7th or 8th seed will be a better team than whoever comes out of the East.
i think you're overeating the west abit(i get it,your a west coast guy).the top of the east can hang with the west.

chi-townlove1
12-02-2014, 02:57 AM

Just stop. Honestly. My god the Hatred is disgusting.. Try to have an unbiased and logical opinion or please just share it on Facebook with the rest of those idiots. I would like to think your not one of them. The top 4 teams in the east could hang with any of the teams in the west. As a whole the conference is better, yes. But Jesus I'm sick of the insults directed towards the Bulls cavs Raptors wizards. These teams are legit. They will be there in the end. Just face it.

As for others, Butler is better than Wade. Get off the kool-aid. It's pretty blatant now. He should start and probably will because he's been so incredible and is so popular.

True Rocket
12-02-2014, 03:03 AM
West
Paul| Curry | Lillard
Bryant | Harden
Durant | Leonard
Cousins | Gasol | Howard
Davis | Griffin

tredigs
12-02-2014, 03:43 AM
Really, Chi fans? I'm not "hating". I legitimately believe that the West 7th/8th seed this year will be on par with whoever comes out of the East. It's very possible a team like the Clippers will be in that slot, and I could absolutely see them beating the Bulls/Cavs/Raps/Wiz in a series. If you think that's hating, I don't know what to tell you... join me in reality?

As it stands, the Bulls are not a top 10 D nor a top 10 O, and they'd just be making the WC playoffs as an 8 seed (and this with the easiest schedule in the NBA. If they were actually in the West they'd be ~.500 right now). Fully healthy and firing on all cyclinders I think they'd be very strong, but I also don't think that's a likely/common scenario for them.

Sean Moore
12-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Really, Chi fans? I'm not "hating". I legitimately believe that the West 7th/8th seed this year will be on par with whoever comes out of the East. It's very possible a team like the Clippers will be in that slot, and I could absolutely see them beating the Bulls/Cavs/Raps/Wiz in a series. If you think that's hating, I don't know what to tell you... join me in reality?

As it stands, the Bulls are not a top 10 D nor a top 10 O, and they'd just be making the WC playoffs as an 8 seed (and this with the easiest schedule in the NBA. If they were actually in the West they'd be ~.500 right now). Fully healthy and firing on all cyclinders I think they'd be very strong, but I also don't think that's a likely/common scenario for them.

The West is deeper than ever and it's anyones guess as to who will come out of it. The east is slowly becoming better though. The playoffs should be more interesting to watch now that the Miami Big Three are broken up as well. East is up for grabs for the first time in years. If Rose gets back to the guy he was three years ago, than it's a whole new ball game. He needs to start stringing some games together to shake the rust off first though. Sitting out with every little hangnail is not helping his teams cause at all.

SPURSFAN1
12-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Coaches put Kawhi in for sure. I can't see how some posters on here fail to mention atleast 1 person from the champs.

Sean Moore
12-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Coaches put Kawhi in for sure. I can't see how some posters on here fail to mention atleast 1 person from the champs.

I would definitely put Duncan over Howard.

SPURSFAN1
12-02-2014, 04:45 AM
I would definitely put Duncan over Howard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_nXptSdS8c

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2014, 10:48 AM
7 * Carmelo Anthony (Knicks) F 6-8 230 05/29/84 Syracuse/USA
24 * Paul George (Pacers) F 6-9 220 05/02/90 Fresno State/USA
6 * LeBron James (Heat) F 6-8 250 12/30/84 St. Vincent-St. Mary HS (OH)/USA
2 * Kyrie Irving (Cavaliers) G 6-3 193 03/23/92 Duke/USA
3 * Dwyane Wade (Heat) G 6-4 220 01/17/82 Marquette/USA
1 Chris Bosh (Heat) F/C 6-11 235 03/24/84 Georgia Tech/USA
10 # DeMar DeRozan (Raptors) G 6-7 216 08/07/89 USC/USA
55 Roy Hibbert (Pacers) C 7-2 290 12/11/86 Georgetown/USA
7 Joe Johnson (Nets) G 6-7 240 06/29/81 Arkansas/USA
4 # Paul Millsap (Hawks) F 6-8 253 02/10/85 Louisiana Tech/USA
13 Joakim Noah (Bulls) C 6-11 232 02/25/85 Florida/USA
2 # John Wall (Wizards) G 6-4 195 09/06/90 Kentucky/USA
Head Coach: Frank Vogel (Pacers)

35 * Kevin Durant (Thunder) F 6-9 240 09/29/88 Texas/USA
32 * Blake Griffin (Clippers) F 6-10 251 03/16/89 Oklahoma/USA
42 * Kevin Love (Timberwolves) F 6-10 243 09/07/88 UCLA/USA
24 *^ Kobe Bryant (Lakers) G 6-6 205 08/23/78 Lower Merion HS (PA)/USA
30 *# Stephen Curry (Warriors) G 6-3 185 03/14/88 Davidson College/USA
12 LaMarcus Aldridge (Blazers) F 6-11 240 07/19/85 Texas/USA
23 # Anthony Davis (Pelicans) F/C 6-10 220 03/11/93 Kentucky/USA
13 James Harden (Rockets) G 6-5 220 08/26/89 Arizona State/USA
12 Dwight Howard (Rockets) C 6-11 265 12/08/85 SW Atlanta Christian Aca./USA
0 # Damian Lillard (Blazers) G 6-3 195 07/05/90 Weber State/USA
41 Dirk Nowitzki (Mavericks) F 7-0 245 06/19/78 DJK Wurzburg/Germany
9 Tony Parker (Spurs) G 6-2 185 05/17/82 Paris BR/France
3 Chris Paul (Clippers) G 6-0 175 05/06/85 Wake Forest/USA
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (Thunder)

* denotes starter

# denotes first-time selection

^ denotes injured and will not participate

Last years All Stars. Some were injury replacements. Also remember its a popularity contest from the fans voting. I expect my Bucks to be snubbed. Rose probably replaces Joe Johnson base on fans voting him in as a starter. Love is Paul George injury replacement probably. Only spot left is Hibbert if he's in or out. Butler could take his spot.

I'm sure fan voting will get three Cavs All Stars. Like I said before Irving never should of been in last year. Yeah he got MVP. But he only got in cause 76ers traded Holiday to the west. But any chucker can get MVP in All Star game. Unless Wade finally gets snubbed base on missed games. There is a rule for missed games. Only way to play on missed games is voted in as a starter from fans.

Cause I remember way back in the day Glenn Robinson got snubbed plenty when Grant Hill would miss entire season with injury then fans vote him in as a starter and it be his first game back into the season. Things could change if any injuries happen. But I doubt any Bucks make it in. Even though Giannis is more exciting then most them guys put together. Also Giannis and Parker not scoring enough to be voted in. Both are at about 11.9 points each per game scoring wise.

Sanders is reason Bucks are top #10 for defense. But doubt he gets voted in. Knight is the only guy playing the chucker role for the Bucks with 17 points 5.9 assists and 4.7 rebounds. But i'm sure he wont be picked any way over other flashy names. Giannis and Parker probably be in the rookie/sophomore game or whatever its called now with Shaq and Barkley voting kids in for teams.

They always said winning goes first for coaches pickings. Then stats after as well as the numbers for backcourt and front court pickings. Think Cavs still get three All Stars? They would have to pick up their game to get 3. Unless fans voting all three in as starters. But i'm sure coaches would pick one of the two as in Irving or Love in if they were voted in by fans. Unless Wade gets snubbed for missing to many games and not enough fans votes to get him in as a starter.

Then I think league rules denies players voted in by coaches if they missed a bunch of games. Wade missed like 7 games in first month of the season. Yeah he's posting All star numbers though if voted in by fans. Forgot who said it but they suggested have each team have 15 players to ease the burden of deciding whose in and out. Make it a little easier. Look at last year Duncan got snubbed and got last laugh of all winning it all.

Shammyguy3
12-02-2014, 02:41 PM

Agree to disagree. I think the Bulls have just as much of a shot as any team out West except for the Warriors and Spurs. Also, the Bulls have not had the easiest schedule (referring to your other post a little below this one)

WaDe03
12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Just stop. Honestly. My god the Hatred is disgusting.. Try to have an unbiased and logical opinion or please just share it on Facebook with the rest of those idiots. I would like to think your not one of them. The top 4 teams in the east could hang with any of the teams in the west. As a whole the conference is better, yes. But Jesus I'm sick of the insults directed towards the Bulls cavs Raptors wizards. These teams are legit. They will be there in the end. Just face it.

As for others, Butler is better than Wade. Get off the kool-aid. It's pretty blatant now. He should start and probably will because he's been so incredible and is so popular.

Stop it lol. Butler has improved but he's not better than Wade. He will probably win most improved player this year unless something happens.

chi-townlove1
12-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Stop it lol. Butler has improved but he's not better than Wade. He will probably win most improved player this year unless something happens.

Take away your love for Wade and hate for jimmy. You whole heartedly would take Wade over butler? Really... Really!?

kozelkid
12-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Let's not allow Wade's HOF reputation cloud the fact that much like Derrick he cannot stay consistently on the floor whereas not only Butler can, but he has been one of the league leaders in mpg.

Right now, taking Wade over Butler would be like taking Rose over Lillard. Sure, in a vacuum and healthy, Rose and Wade are better than their respective counterparts. But we cannot ignore the fact that they cannot stay consistently healthy.

IgglesFanInCO
12-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Ty Lawson deserves to go. He has been cold shooting but in spite of that is still having the best year of his career on both ends, his impact has been immeasurable for the nuggs. His assist totals wont be going down in this offense and his shooting percentages will pick back up to career norms.

WaDe03
12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Take away your love for Wade and hate for jimmy. You whole heartedly would take Wade over butler? Really... Really!?

I don't hate Jimmy I have no reason to it's not like he's dominated my team and knocked them out of the playoffs or anything and seems like a good guy who just wants to hoop. I just don't think he's better than Wade. Let's not forget how everyone was hyping up Paul George at the beginning of the season last year and he fell off. Let's see if Jimmy can keep it up.

DaBUU
12-02-2014, 05:29 PM
If Jimmy keeps this up (and I think he will), then he'll be there as a reserve for sure. I'd put Pau in over Noah also. Noah started the season playing hurt and still hasn't been great yet (though he's playing much better lately).

While I agree with people that say Rose shouldn't start, the starters are voted on by the fans and there are a lot of stupid/ignorant fans out there that vote.

Thats why in my eyes, reserves a held in higher esteem than the starters. Getting the coaches nod is a bigger deal than goofs voting online. I'm sure Derrick wins the vote, but he wouldn't deserve it at this point. hopefully he has a crazy December and January (knock on healthy wood) and it won't be as silly a pick. Regardless Jimmy needs to be there, maybe Pau.

chi-townlove1
12-02-2014, 05:43 PM

I don't hate Jimmy I have no reason to it's not like he's dominated my team and knocked them out of the playoffs or anything and seems like a good guy who just wants to hoop. I just don't think he's better than Wade. Let's not forget how everyone was hyping up Paul George at the beginning of the season last year and he fell off. Let's see if Jimmy can keep it up.

Fair enough. I can respect that. But Jimmy is no Paul George in my eyes. I still think George is better. But both are better than Wade at this point, just my opinion.

archdevil84
12-02-2014, 05:45 PM
You hate him as a player or hate him cuz he plays on the Bulls? The latter would be considered envy.

hate him because he's on the bulls and i hate the bulls. Heat bulls rivalry the past few years made me feel very bad whenever miami lost to them and i just dont like butler because he was such a good defender against bron ;)

archdevil84
12-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Fair enough. I can respect that. But Jimmy is no Paul George in my eyes. I still think George is better. But both are better than Wade at this point, just my opinion.

crazy as it sounds but i think i'd rather have jimmy butler at this point then a healthy paul george. Jimmy butler does seem like a team guy who doesnt care about money or stats but PG dropped big time the second half of last season probably because he was getting too caught up in his stardom. but who knows, any of the two can be great. Stil take wade over both of them because i'm biased about flash

Sactown
12-02-2014, 07:44 PM
crazy as it sounds but i think i'd rather have jimmy butler at this point then a healthy paul george. Jimmy butler does seem like a team guy who doesnt care about money or stats but PG dropped big time the second half of last season probably because he was getting too caught up in his stardom. but who knows, any of the two can be great. Stil take wade over both of them because i'm biased about flash
The Pacers entire team fell apart last season... Also I think when players begin to get big they have the advantage of not being on a teams radar, let's see how Butler plays after mid season when teams can scout him better

beasted86
12-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Wade's numbers are better than Butler's right now. It depends on whether you value one guy's defense over the other, or the other's play-making and scoring. For me, when he plays, Wade is better than Butler.

Shammyguy3
12-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Wade's numbers are better than Butler's right now. It depends on whether you value one guy's defense over the other, or the other's play-making and scoring. For me, when he plays, Wade is better than Butler.

Wade's numbers are not better than Butler's right now, not in the slightest.
Butler: 61.6ts% 22.5usg% 125 ORtg 22.4 PER 0.9 VORP 4.2 BPM 0.231 WS/48
Wade: 57.5ts% 31.8usg% 109 ORtg 24.2 PER 0.4 VORP 2.6 BPM 0.133 WS/48

Wade's usage is higher, and thus his PER is higher even though Butler's been more efficient in almost every measurable statistic. Also, Butler's an elite defender and Wade is average on his best days (when he tries, mostly). The only thing that Wade is better at than Butler is assist rate.

So, even when Wade plays at this stage in his career I would not take him over Butler

Sean Moore
12-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Wade's numbers are not better than Butler's right now, not in the slightest.
Butler: 61.6ts% 22.5usg% 125 ORtg 22.4 PER 0.9 VORP 4.2 BPM 0.231 WS/48
Wade: 57.5ts% 31.8usg% 109 ORtg 24.2 PER 0.4 VORP 2.6 BPM 0.133 WS/48

Wade's usage is higher, and thus his PER is higher even though Butler's been more efficient in almost every measurable statistic. Also, Butler's an elite defender and Wade is average on his best days (when he tries, mostly). The only thing that Wade is better at than Butler is assist rate.

So, even when Wade plays at this stage in his career I would not take him over Butler

Despite all that, Wade has missed too many games to be considered over Butler at this point. But of course the fans are the ones who vote, so no doubt he will get in over Butler for sure.

Shammyguy3
12-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Despite all that, Wade has missed too many games to be considered over Butler at this point. But of course the fans are the ones who vote, so no doubt he will get in over Butler for sure.

They'll both make it quite easily. There's little 2-guard depth in the league, let alone just in the Eastern Conference (especially with DeMar starting off poorly and now missing time). Wade's having a great season when he's on the court, that's his only issue. Although I don't think he's been out-producing Butler.