PDA

View Full Version : How high will the 76ers set the bar for futility?

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2014, 11:13 AM
The 76ers are 0-16

The record is 0-18

The next game is against the Spurs, let's assume the lose that and then got to Minny. They have a shot there, perhaps against OKC and likely Detroit. But if they can't get a win in the next four games, they might have to wait until Dec 15th when they host Boston (and I'd put my money on Boston).

So, lookin at the games they got coming up from now until Jan 17th (I just assume it won't last into the new year), when do you think the 76ers will earn that first win? They have a tough road stretch starting with a winnable game against Orlando, but Orlando seems to be playing at a much higher level than Philly, as bad as both teams might be.

San Antonio
@Minny
OKC
@Detroit
@ATL
@BK
Memphis
Boston
Charlotte
@Orlando
@Miam
@Portland
@Utah
@GS
@PHX
@LAC
Cleveland
Milwaukee
@BK
ATL
@TOR
NO
@DET

jaydubb
11-30-2014, 11:37 AM
#RollThatTank

jaydubb
11-30-2014, 11:45 AM
I say they win against Charlotte Hornets

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 12:34 PM
this is just emberassing

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 12:34 PM
i wonder if any of those "future" players wil hang around after losing SO badly for three years. I would leave immediatly after my contract with them was over

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 12:39 PM
I feel bad for the fans that support that team- they threw away a playoff team with jrue holiday and iggy to go into this mode and they keep throwing away seasons. Noel doesnt look THAT great either. maybe mediocrity and a middle of the pack team isnt the best way to win a ring- but id rather root for a team thats competitive year in and year out than root for a team that tanks for 10 yrs to maybe become a contender in yr 11

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 12:42 PM
i wonder if any of those "future" players wil hang around after losing SO badly for three years. I would leave immediatly after my contract with them was over

more to the point- how does building a culture of tanking attract any big name free agent. They are almost assuring themselves that they will be attracting the free agents who are just about getting paid and not about winning- and thus the losing culture continues

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 01:05 PM
lol keep making Sixers threads i love it, i love reading all the misguided views of our team its always good for a laugh. We have been the worst team in the league for 2 years and get more attention than the majority of the league

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 01:19 PM
lol keep making Sixers threads i love it, i love reading all the misguided views of our team its always good for a laugh. We have been the worst team in the league for 2 years and get more attention than the majority of the league

you guys are gonna force the league to change the lotto system

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 01:21 PM
lol right bcuz we are the first ever team to "tank". the league voted AGAINST a lotto reform for a reason

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 01:28 PM
lol right bcuz we are the first ever team to "tank". the league voted AGAINST a lotto reform for a reason

yeah but yall do it every single year... eventually you gotta atleast see what you have with the lotto picks. its pathetic- your in the east. I could find 5 jr high girls that could make the playoffs out east.

Also- what types of free agents do you think will want to come to a team that puts no interest in winning games since iverson took them to the finals 20 yrs ago.

at what point is enough enough?

also- in regards to the cba- the 76ers cant complain about losing money when they arent even trying to put a decent product on the floor year in and year out

lamzoka
11-30-2014, 01:53 PM

2 Things:

1- They won't be able to pay all these players once their rookie are over and they're start peaking.

2- These players will get so used to losing that will never care about winning. MCW NBA record after 2 seasons could easily be 20-144

jerellh528
11-30-2014, 01:56 PM
2 Things:

1- They won't be able to pay all these players once their rookie are over and they're start peaking.

2- These players will get so used to losing that will never care about winning. MCW NBA record after 2 seasons could easily be 20-144

Good points, but especially the bolded. I've said this before too, it's almost like they're doin all this work gathering and grooming players only for them to be snatched up by a more savvy team when they've actually reached potential to be worth something.

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 03:11 PM
more to the point- how does building a culture of tanking attract any big name free agent. They are almost assuring themselves that they will be attracting the free agents who are just about getting paid and not about winning- and thus the losing culture continues

this also true idd. the only free agents who are gonna come to philly are stat padding stars like lance and rudy gay. players like that wont win you anything in the long haul

archdevil84
11-30-2014, 03:12 PM
i hope in 2 years all the somewhat developed good philly players (like mcw, nerlens noel etc) wil just leave and they and up with the worst team ever and no picks anymore. that would be awesome. no offense to sixers fans

KG2TB
11-30-2014, 03:22 PM
They don't necessarily need to attract big name FA's. With all the young talent they're assembling, they'll be able to pull a trade and land a great player with experience. I'm sure that's what they're banking on. I think we'll see them take an aggressive path to winning starting around the draft. They'll have another high pick and tons of trade bait.

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
They don't necessarily need to attract big name FA's. With all the young talent they're assembling, they'll be able to pull a trade and land a great player with experience. I'm sure that's what they're banking on. I think we'll see them take an aggressive path to winning starting around the draft. They'll have another high pick and tons of trade bait.

the players they have arent that attractive- they are all question marks. I dont think anybody is going to give a superstar for them- maybe some bad contracts on decent players. I wouldnt bank on these "assets" fetching enough to contend. If your gonna tank- you gotta get a tim duncan or a lebron james for it to really pay off- you cant waste lotto picks on guys like noel

all and all- 3 straight years of tanking might yield them basically the same level team they tore apart to start this tanking

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 03:38 PM
LOL if your gonna tank you gotta go after sure things in the draft- the 76ers seem to literally target the guys with as many question marks as possible- basically- putting themselves back into tank mode

jerellh528
11-30-2014, 03:42 PM
One thing is to tank maybe one season if you're really down on your luck and really like a prospect. It has to be a perfect tank storm. But philly is going overboard, seems like they've been taking for a while now, which creates a losing culture and depletes the fanbase.

Crackadalic
11-30-2014, 03:47 PM
The top 3 players in this draft class overlap the positions they already have. Noel/Embiid is set and the other two bigs is Okafor/Towns

Mudiay is better than MCW so I can see them both playing the 1 and 2 but I smell a trade coming soon with these players after the draft

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2014, 03:56 PM
yeah but yall do it every single year... eventually you gotta atleast see what you have with the lotto picks. its pathetic- your in the east. I could find 5 jr high girls that could make the playoffs out east.

Also- what types of free agents do you think will want to come to a team that puts no interest in winning games since iverson took them to the finals 20 yrs ago.

also- in regards to the cba- the 76ers cant complain about losing money when they arent even trying to put a decent product on the floor year in and year out

I feel like a broken record, but this is the 2nd year of the tank

Jrue Holiday was traded in the 2013 draft. That's only last year. With just over a year of tanking they've come away with MCW, Nerlens Noel, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, KJ Mcdaniels, while acquiring nice role players in Tony Wroten and Henry Sims through trades.

On top of that they have 2 1st-Rounders in this years draft, the most draft picks of any team over the next three years, and the most cap space in the league.

This is the last year of the tank. Next year we will begin to add veteran pieces and move our way out of rebuilding.

I highly doubt that all of the players I listed previously will be on the roster in the 2015-16 season. Sam Hinkie likes to deal for assets and he drafts extremely well.

MCW and Noel might not be elite talent, but for where they drafted (#6 and #11) they couldn't have gotten better value.

And to get KJ McDaniels in the 2nd round this year was a steal and a half. He is a ROY candidate and our best rookie thus far.

And while Noel might not be blowing out the competition he still leads all rookies in FG%, rebounds, steals per game, AND blocks per game (KJ Mcdaniels is 2nd).

He's making an impact out there and he's still just 20 years old.

I'd much rather be where we're at right now instead of another 1st round exit year after year with no hope of ever competing. If you've watched the Sixers and all of the failed trades, botched draft picks, and irresponsible contracts (under Billy King, currently the GM who's running the Nets into the ground) you'd understand why we'd want to start from scratch.

KG2TB
11-30-2014, 04:00 PM
the players they have arent that attractive- they are all question marks. I dont think anybody is going to give a superstar for them- maybe some bad contracts on decent players. I wouldnt bank on these "assets" fetching enough to contend. If your gonna tank- you gotta get a tim duncan or a lebron james for it to really pay off- you cant waste lotto picks on guys like noel

all and all- 3 straight years of tanking might yield them basically the same level team they tore apart to start this tanking

Perhaps, but I think you could build around MCW and Embiid. It's just a matter of finding the right deal for the right veteran to come in. Any player with potential and on a rookie deal, such as Noel, has some value. It might not get you a superstar (it won't) but it's still an attractive trade piece for a lot of teams.

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Perhaps, but I think you could build around MCW and Embiid. It's just a matter of finding the right deal for the right veteran to come in. Any player with potential and on a rookie deal, such as Noel, has some value. It might not get you a superstar (it won't) but it's still an attractive trade piece for a lot of teams.

why do you think embiid will be so great? i remember people saying noel was gonna be rookie of the year. embiid doesnt even care enough to go out there and play as a rookie- hes basically phoning in his rookie season. you want guys who will go out there no matter what as a rookie and take the league by storm

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2014, 04:09 PM
why do you think embiid will be so great? i remember people saying noel was gonna be rookie of the year. embiid doesnt even care enough to go out there and play as a rookie- hes basically phoning in his rookie season. you want guys who will go out there no matter what as a rookie and take the league by storm

Lol you can't be serious right? The guy had to get 2 screws implanted into his foot. He fractured a bone and it requires 5-8 months of recovery time. His young brother also recently passed away so he's spent time away from the team to be with his family.

Or is that just "phoning it in?"

KG2TB
11-30-2014, 04:10 PM

You also want a player to be healthy. No point in taking the league by storm in a tanking season when you're hurt. Is Embiid a lock to be a great player? No. But he has a gigantic ceiling and if he stays healthy, should be a great player. Also, considering Nerlens is only 20 years old and coming off an ACL injury, I think he's looked pretty good. Not sure what you expected from him this early.

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Lol you can't be serious right? The guy had to get 2 screws implanted into his foot. He fractured a bone and it requires 5-8 months of recovery time. His young brother also recently passed away so he's spent time away from the team to be with his family.

Or is that just "phoning it in?"

didnt ask for the laundry list of excuses- losers make excuses... winners go out there and ball

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2014, 04:32 PM
didnt ask for the laundry list of excuses- losers make excuses... winners go out there and ball

wow.

KG2TB
11-30-2014, 04:34 PM
:laugh2:

Just go out and ball. Thug life.

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 05:47 PM
or the 76ers could consider drafting a player whos gonna help their team now- not one that might help them later?

I mean when do the excuses stop? what if embiid dies in a car accident- then its another wasted draft pick and another year of tanking. Gotta play every game like its your last- it just might be

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2014, 06:18 PM
or the 76ers could consider drafting a player whos gonna help their team now- not one that might help them later?

I mean when do the excuses stop? what if embiid dies in a car accident- then its another wasted draft pick and another year of tanking. Gotta play every game like its your last- it just might be

The team wanted Wiggins at #3, then Joel Embiid got hurt, so we drafted him because he was the best player available.

http://thesixersense.com/2014/10/29/76ers-head-coach-brett-brown-anticipated-team-getting-andrew-wiggins/

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-30-2014, 06:29 PM
0-82

sjbirds
11-30-2014, 06:30 PM

Well why have LeBron he might get hit by a meteor..Haha this is a joke... 3 possible rookie of the years another 2 first this year and most cap.. who would you rather be the Sixers or Lakers Knicks or the like..we are sitting pretty soon

FriedTofuz
11-30-2014, 06:47 PM
I honestly hope the sixers suck for a long time because tanking shouldnt be rewarded.
People actually need to build talent and make trades and sign free agents.
Look at the pelicans, they did a quick rebuild after getting the brow.

JEDean89
11-30-2014, 07:17 PM
They gave up Vucevic, Harless, Iggy and Jrue for Noel and Dario Saric. Good luck 76ers fans.

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 07:21 PM

lol by every single year do you mean less than a season and a half?

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 07:26 PM
They gave up Vucevic, Harless, Iggy and Jrue for Noel and Dario Saric. Good luck 76ers fans.

and Bynum which was the HR swing that e missed and that was also the old FO who isnt here so its irrelevant anyway.

SMH!
11-30-2014, 07:35 PM

and the knicks arent anything special either, good luck Knick fans.

beasted86
11-30-2014, 07:50 PM
To answer the OP, they have a chance at Detroit and Minnesota. If not those, then maybe Charlotte.

To dip into the other secondary topic of tanking.... Like... the 8th seed in the playoffs is way worse than an 8-74 record. Duh! Everybody should know that by now! And you guys are stupid to believe it's possible to tank for several years straight, draft an all-star and still lose games. Just look how great of a position Minnesota is in after all their "successful losing".

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Well why have LeBron he might get hit by a meteor..Haha this is a joke... 3 possible rookie of the years another 2 first this year and most cap.. who would you rather be the Sixers or Lakers Knicks or the like..we are sitting pretty soon

yes but atleast lebron would be winning games in the mean time for you... (well kind of a bad yr to make that argument)

How soon are we talking though? I mean 2 of these great picks will have sat more games than they have played by the time this tankfest is over (supposedly next year).

Id rather be in the playoffs year in and year out than tank. I know some people think its the best way to win a ring- but by that logic- do they think 25 teams should be tanking every year- (assuming there are about 5 who have a reasonable chance at the championship headed into the season

Sanjay
11-30-2014, 08:14 PM
The 76ers are 0-16

The record is 0-18

The next game is against the Spurs, let's assume the lose that and then got to Minny. They have a shot there, perhaps against OKC and likely Detroit. But if they can't get a win in the next four games, they might have to wait until Dec 15th when they host Boston (and I'd put my money on Boston).

So, lookin at the games they got coming up from now until Jan 17th (I just assume it won't last into the new year), when do you think the 76ers will earn that first win? They have a tough road stretch starting with a winnable game against Orlando, but Orlando seems to be playing at a much higher level than Philly, as bad as both teams might be.

San Antonio
@Minny
OKC
@Detroit
@ATL
@BK
Memphis
Boston
Charlotte
@Orlando
@Miam
@Portland
@Utah
@GS
@PHX
@LAC
Cleveland
Milwaukee
@BK
ATL
@TOR
NO
@DET

The 76ers are the worst team in the league so they are the underdogs in every game.

JEDean89
11-30-2014, 09:13 PM
and Bynum which was the HR swing that e missed and that was also the old FO who isnt here so its irrelevant anyway.

ya that swing missed horribly. point is you blew up a team for nothing. Of the 3 C's in that trade, you guys gave up the best one, and got the worst one (Vucevic I like more than Howard at this point). You guys were building the right way, and you blew it up on the worst ego in the league. I just think teams should stick it out and go more the Portland route, and build a cohesive starting unit (which you easily could have with Jrue and Vucevic as cornerstones). The idea that you are telling your whole team that we are here to suck so another guy can come in next year and take one of your jobs is ********.

@SMH, my Knicks are an atrocity, but the 76ers on a level of their own. Your team is abusing the system so badly that now 17 of 30 teams think it needs to be changed. 76ers will never win a chip like this.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-30-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm sure Philly fans won't mind as long as it works out in 4 years or so.

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 09:32 PM
ya that swing missed horribly. point is you blew up a team for nothing. Of the 3 C's in that trade, you guys gave up the best one, and got the worst one (Vucevic I like more than Howard at this point). You guys were building the right way, and you blew it up on the worst ego in the league. I just think teams should stick it out and go more the Portland route, and build a cohesive starting unit (which you easily could have with Jrue and Vucevic as cornerstones). The idea that you are telling your whole team that we are here to suck so another guy can come in next year and take one of your jobs is ********.

@SMH, my Knicks are an atrocity, but the 76ers on a level of their own. Your team is abusing the system so badly that now 17 of 30 teams think it needs to be changed. 76ers will never win a chip like this.

i know we missed and since that entire FO and coaching staff was FIRED and every Sixer fans knew a full rebuild would be the result of that failure and understood it was the best option. That said i still support the bynum move it was 100% the right move at the time to try and become a contender.

**** being the Hawks for another decade none of us want that. **** overpaying mediocre vet talent we dont want to be like Nets (who lost billions playing into the 2nd round while the Sixers lost nothing), **** being like the Jazz and having no real plan or direction with young assets. No offense Jazz and Hawks fans, Nets fans can take full offense.

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 09:42 PM
i know we missed and since that entire FO and coaching staff was FIRED and every Sixer fans knew a full rebuild would be the result of that failure and understood it was the best option. That said i still support the bynum move it was 100% the right move at the time to try and become a contender.

**** being the Hawks for another decade none of us want that. **** overpaying mediocre vet talent we dont want to be like Nets (who lost billions playing into the 2nd round while the Sixers lost nothing), **** being like the Jazz and having no real plan or direction with young assets. No offense Jazz and Hawks fans, Nets fans can take full offense.

yup- keep telling yourself that- 76ers will be tanking for the remainder of mcw's career. it becomes part of the culture. Im a warriors fan who watched that team tank from when they traded webber to 2008... and then tank again for 5 more yrs

it took a new ownership group to end the tanking and even they thought it would be fun for a yr and did it... all for harrison banes of all players (not exactly a lebron james)

fns oif the warriors were always there too but they werent in favor of losing- the warriors fans are a lot happier now that the team is interested in winning games. even if we dont win the title- id rather have this than the 20 yrs of tanking

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 10:14 PM
i dont care about the Warriors and their poor management. we all trust and Hinkie and his staff, other teams success and failures mean absolute nothing seeing how every situation is different. You are the most ignorant and unknowledgeable person in this thread so your opinion doesnt hold any water here.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2014, 10:27 PM
i hope in 2 years all the somewhat developed good philly players (like mcw, nerlens noel etc) wil just leave and they and up with the worst team ever and no picks anymore. that would be awesome. no offense to sixers fans

They already are tho.... They'll just end up doing this **** again. Back to square 1.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2014, 10:30 PM

by that time the players that they tanked for now will be making bank elsewhere.

king4day
11-30-2014, 10:50 PM
If they don't win by the time they face Charlotte, that's when they'll get their first win. I can't believe how bad the Hornets are this season...

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 10:56 PM
by that time the players that they tanked for now will be making bank elsewhere.

oh so all of the Sixers players ont be RFA's did we lose that or something? Do we not have all the cap space we ned to sign them when the time comes or did we lose that too?

bucketss
11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
lol they better get a win before that 7 game road trip or things are gonna get real ugly.

Lakers + Giants
11-30-2014, 11:12 PM
oh so all of the Sixers players ont be RFA's did we lose that or something? Do we not have all the cap space we ned to sign them when the time comes or did we lose that too?

probably, the 76ers don't win anything. So "lose" is the correct word.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm interested to see how creative they can get with this epic tank. Maybe sign a chick from the WNBA? Bring Gayson Collins out of retirement and start him at Center?

Gayson? I think you mean Jason. I know some NBA players get creative with how they spell their names, but Collins just spells it the regul.... oh wait. I see what you did. You are ironically making fun of homophobic sentiments?

2-ONE-5
12-01-2014, 09:44 AM
yea dude just called him Gayson and expects anyone to take his posts seriously?

ManningToTyree
12-01-2014, 10:04 AM
I say home against the hornets

sjbirds
12-01-2014, 02:56 PM
I love when Lakers and Knicks fans chirp in but they aren't much better without anywhere to go while the Sixers have young talent n cap space

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm interested to see how creative they can get with this epic tank. Maybe sign a chick from the WNBA? Bring Gayson Collins out of retirement and start him at Center?

Yikes.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2014, 03:16 PM

what is the realistic likelihood of that happening though?

2-ONE-5
12-01-2014, 03:19 PM
big market, tons of cap space, strong young talent, and a FO that is willing to spend (when the time is right) so i'd say its more likely than anything and again better than being a perrenial 6-10 seed

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 03:32 PM
I think the strong young talent part is still up in the air outside of MCW, who's production has led to very few wins.

What are the expectations for Noel moving forward?

2-ONE-5
12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
KJ McDaniels might be the top rookie right now and Noel had a slow start but he is adjusting well, he has incredible hands on D and has been great at picking pockets vs guards and giving the bigger C's trouble by stripping them when they lay it on the floor and doing well protecting the rim too. MCW had his breakout game Saturday night and it looks like he shook the rust from his shoulder surgery so i expect him him to be himself the rest of the way. We cant shoot though and teams just clog the lane and make it difficult on us, Hollis Thompson has found his range again the last 2 games so hopefully he can build on that. Sims continues to look like a solid big who can contribute off the bench in the future and has developed a bit of a jumper this year as well. We just got Grant back from injury but i dont have an opinion on him yet and i wasnt high on that pick to begin with so who knows

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I need to watch more of Noel then. Not that I would give up on him this soon into his career, but he just kind of looks crappy.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2014, 04:04 PM
he is going to be a project on offense for a few years but most of it seems to be confidnce right now. He is still hesitant to take jumpers but last game he took a few finally. He hadnt played for over a year and a half either so it buggs me when some sixers fans got on him early on. Put him next to someone like Embiid and Okafor and he is in the perfect role

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Well, I hope it works out for you guys. The NBA is better when Phili is a good basketball team.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2014, 04:10 PM
big market, tons of cap space, strong young talent, and a FO that is willing to spend (when the time is right) so i'd say its more likely than anything and again better than being a perrenial 6-10 seed

well, in the east, just having a barely above average NBA team gets you a 5 seed.

MonroeFAN
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM
blah blah blah

2-ONE-5
12-01-2014, 04:20 PM
well, in the east, just having a barely above average NBA team gets you a 5 seed.

maybe, but you know what i meant

lamzoka
12-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Dude WTF man

Lol What is wrong u?

Tony_Starks
12-01-2014, 04:40 PM
You know how these things usually work. After all this tanking they'll probably still get like the 4th pick.

But God bless them man they're the gift that keeps on giving. It's like a season long episode of Shaqtin a fool.

Goose17
12-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Dude WTF man

Lol What is wrong u?

He has a boner about injuries. Everyone should play through everything. He's obviously never had an injury before in his life, ignore him, he's mostly a troll when discussing this particular topic.

goingfor28
12-01-2014, 05:21 PM
They will beat the Bobcats record of 7 wins imo, ill say the go 5-77

lamzoka
12-01-2014, 06:15 PM
He has a boner about injuries. Everyone should play through everything. He's obviously never had an injury before in his life, ignore him, he's mostly a troll when discussing this particular topic.

Yea he's all ****ed up in the head

Tony_Starks
12-01-2014, 07:47 PM
They will beat the Bobcats record of 7 wins imo, ill say the go 5-77

I thought an old Philly team had the record of 9 wins....

Quinnsanity
12-01-2014, 07:52 PM

This is literally the second year that they've done it. Before they spent a decade in mediocrity. Come on man. They'll be bad again next year, but there isn't an obvious red shirt rookie so they'll likely have MCW/Noel/Embiid/Lotto pick playing, so they'll improve, and then in two years they'll have Saric and another lotto pick and will likely start spending some money. All in all it's something like a 3-4 tank, not egregious at all, right around what other teams do. Nobody said a word when Oklahoma City was throwing away seasons to build around Durant. It's the same thing.

goingfor28
12-01-2014, 08:22 PM
I thought an old Philly team had the record of 9 wins....
Bobcats were something like 7-59 in the lockout season

The Ooh Child
12-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I love reading about how Philly has been doing this for years and years when Hinkie took the job 18 months ago.

Tony_Starks
12-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Bobcats were something like 7-59 in the lockout season

Oh ok, gotcha. I think I read that Philly holds the record for an entire regular season with 9 wins back in the 70's.

I don't think they will break it though. As horrible as they are they still play in the east. They can probably get 10-15 wins on sheer luck, much to the chagrin of Hinkie....

More-Than-Most
12-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Lol because nobody has done this before. The sixers are doing what other teams have been doing for years but they are just doing it and waving it in front of everyones faces.

AIRMAR72
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
this is just emberassing Carter really needs to work on game and shooting touch

Sandman
12-02-2014, 12:14 PM
This might be the first time a college team could actually have a shot vs a pro team

Normally you figure the college team has maybe 1 or 2 guys that go to the pros, and all of the pros were stars on their college team

But Kentucky has how many 1st round picks? More than 5 deep? Not sure if the 6ers even have that.

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Kentucky has 2 first round picks maybe 3 if one sneaks into the late first with good workouts. Sixers have 4 first rounders plus McDaniels who went 2 picks into the 2nd and should have easily went in the first. But how does that matter? how many first round picks do the Spurs have, 3-4?

Sandman
12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Kentucky has 2 first round picks maybe 3 if one sneaks into the late first with good workouts. Sixers have 4 first rounders plus McDaniels who went 2 picks into the 2nd and should have easily went in the first. But how does that matter? how many first round picks do the Spurs have, 3-4?

Fair enough, but these are all young players that have entered the league in the past year in what seems to be a planned exercise in futility. Its not like they have Tony Parkers or Manus or Splitters or Kawhis

valade16
12-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I get what you're saying but according to most mock drafts Kentucky has more than that:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

That one has Kentucky at 5 1st round picks and 2 more 2nd rounders.

PhillyFaninLA
12-02-2014, 12:47 PM
we could be 0 - 82 and I don't think many real Sixers fans will care. I think most of us think it matters next year and forward.

PhillyFaninLA
12-02-2014, 12:51 PM
We are also following the rules and doing what you need to do to not get stuck in the middle. I understand why people are upset but get over it, they are only doing what the league rules and CBA allow, and what you need to do to have a shot at getting really good.

They just are doing it better than any other team ever has, now we just need to get lucky and smart on the players we draft.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2014, 12:51 PM
we could be 0 - 82 and I don't think many real Sixers fans will care. I think most of us think it matters next year and forward.

if you went 0-82, they should void any chance of you getting the 1st pick haha.

They will stumble on some wins, but winning 12 games this year would be surprising with this roster

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I get what you're saying but according to most mock drafts Kentucky has more than that:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

That one has Kentucky at 5 1st round picks and 2 more 2nd rounders.

projected yea but its early and my reasoning is mostly its kinda tough due to their current rotation of 5ish min on and off with 2 lineups. Personally i think both Harrisons stink and Johnson would be that guy who could sneak into the first due to his size.

likemystylez
12-02-2014, 01:04 PM

isnt that what people were saying last year for 76er fans?- then next yr you will be saying the same thing and eventually you guys will be like the warriors between 1995 and 2007- just a decade long tank fest

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 01:18 PM
again you cant use another teams failures as a comparison so i dont know why u keep doing it.

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2014, 01:20 PM
again you cant use another teams failures as a comparison so i dont know why u keep doing it.

Sixers are a failure..no way the draft saves them.

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
lol ok you keep hoping thats the case. failures would be the Hornets, Nuggets, Jazz, Lakers, Nets and Knicks presently

Hawkeye15
12-02-2014, 01:36 PM
lol ok you keep hoping thats the case. failures would be the Hornets, Nuggets, Jazz, Lakers, Nets and Knicks presently

I am offended you left out my Wolves

Synyster89
12-02-2014, 01:37 PM
I never have seen a losing team get so many haters and jealousy/envy (people will never admit to it though) from other fans. I know the Sixers are 0-17, but we were very close to winning several games already and have been competitive for much of the season. Would people rather have us spend cap space like Detroit (Jodie Meeks) or Orlando (Channing Frye & Ben Gordon) just to still have a terrible record? I would rather develop or young talent, discover who has legit NBA talent on the cheap, and not be tied down by overpriced vets when our young players are up for extensions. I really don't understand why people our so upset with the 76ers...why does us being 0-17 bother everyone so much? It's because most fans wish that their struggling team was run the way the Sixers are, with a true plan for the future. I would be surprised if the Sixers can't push 30 wins next year with MCW, Noel, Embiid, #1 pick, Wroten, McDaniels, and potential mid-level FAs.

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2014, 01:38 PM

You really believe you are above that group? You have to be joking, or delusional. You do know everyone is embaressed by your obvious tank just job? The fans the coaches, players, commissioner. You can't actually be in favor of this what are the chances it is worth it? When u get an okay top pick player and then have no one to surround him with but a bunch of okay players and end up being a 10 seed team ceiling? That's what this ranking is for? Congrats.

Knicks are a close second of a joke but at least they have a ton of fans.

Jazz are respected but not that talented. Nets are w.e. nuggets are w.e. hornets are having a bad start, but interested fans in new team.

Lakers are a failure? How are they? They have a bad roster this year and they're a failure? They're still the best franchise existing in the league and going no where. They have stacked house at every game and actually attempt to compete and win some games. They're wins are highly entertaining too because they're huge underdogs every game but Kobe and hill or whoever will their way on occasion.

Give me any of those teams over Sixers right now no question.

Synyster89
12-02-2014, 01:39 PM

But you are forgetting that Embiid could die in a car crash (easily the dumbest thing I have ever read on here), so the Sixers are a failure.

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I never have seen a losing team get so many haters and jealousy/envy (people will never admit to it though) from other fans. I know the Sixers are 0-17, but we were very close to winning several games already and have been competitive for much of the season. Would people rather have us spend cap space like Detroit (Jodie Meeks) or Orlando (Channing Frye & Ben Gordon) just to still have a terrible record? I would rather develop or young talent, discover who has legit NBA talent on the cheap, and not be tied down by overpriced vets when our young players are up for extensions. I really don't understand why people our so upset with the 76ers...why does us being 0-17 bother everyone so much? It's because most fans wish that their struggling team was run the way the Sixers are, with a true plan for the future. I would be surprised if the Sixers can't push 30 wins next year with MCW, Noel, Embiid, #1 pick, Wroten, McDaniels, and potential mid-level FAs.

No. Because its an embarrassment to the league and the game itself.

You guys are an embarrassment.

Lol at envy get out of here. Envy the Sixers..:)

Sandman
12-02-2014, 01:42 PM
We are also following the rules and doing what you need to do to not get stuck in the middle. I understand why people are upset but get over it, they are only doing what the league rules and CBA allow, and what you need to do to have a shot at getting really good.

They just are doing it better than any other team ever has, now we just need to get lucky and smart on the players we draft.

I wouldn't fault Philly for doing it at all, I think something is genuinely ****ed up with the system when this is a logical decision

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Omg..this defending has to be as intentional of a joke as the sixers tanking.

Synyster89
12-02-2014, 01:48 PM
You really believe you are above that group? You have to be joking, or delusional. You do know everyone is embaressed by your obvious tank just job? The fans the coaches, players, commissioner. You can't actually be in favor of this what are the chances it is worth it? When u get an okay top pick player and then have no one to surround him with but a bunch of okay players and end up being a 10 seed team ceiling? That's what this ranking is for? Congrats.

Jazz are respected but not that talented. Nets are w.e. nuggets are w.e. hornets are having a bad start, but interested fans in new team.

Lakers are a failure? How are they? They have a bad roster this year and they're a failure? They're still the best franchise existing in the league and going no where. They have stacked house at every game and actually attempt to compete and win some games. They're wins are highly entertaining too because they're huge underdogs every game but Kobe and hill or whoever will their way on occasion.

First of all, learn how to spell embarrassed.

Actually, the vast majority of the Sixers fan base is in favor of the rebuilding plan. Also, Brett Brown was well aware of what he was getting into when he signed here...so I highly doubt he is embarrassed. How do you know what the ceiling of our team is, when we don't even know what our future draft picks, signings, or trades will be??? Also, we were marginally a playoff team for years when we started this rebuild, so what exactly are we sacrificing??? Mediocrity? I would MUCH rather be in the Sixers position than the Knicks, Lakers, Nets, Nuggets, or Hornets. Those teams have no plan for the future and no real way to become a contender any time soon. The key words you mentioned was "right now", sure all of those team are better right now, but the Sixers are in the best position for the future. We will have more talent than many of the teams soon, arguably as soon as next year.

Synyster89
12-02-2014, 01:52 PM
No. Because its an embarrassment to the league and the game itself.

You guys are an embarrassment.

Lol at envy get out of here. Envy the Sixers..:)

It is clear that many fans of struggling teams are envious of the Sixers plan (not our current state). How are we an embarrassment to the game or league??? We have been competitive most of this season, just fail to close or play complete games. If we were 3-14 like Detroit, would we still be an embarrassment???

Hawkeye15
12-02-2014, 02:02 PM

I don't know if people are more upset at the Sixers, versus the system in place allowing them to do an obvious tank job. Look, Hinkie is just taking advantage of the system, we can't get angry at him for that. But it is ridiculous the product they are putting out there. Their fans should be disgusted, even while understanding there is an end goal. I get that hardcore Sixers fans are being patient, and believe in this plan, but NBA fans in general find it ridiculous that a team can intentionally throw away 2-3 years of real NBA games, with no consequence.

If I am a Sixers fan, I just hope it works out like Hinkie and company are hoping it will.

Synyster89
12-02-2014, 02:13 PM
I don't know if people are more upset at the Sixers, versus the system in place allowing them to do an obvious tank job. Look, Hinkie is just taking advantage of the system, we can't get angry at him for that. But it is ridiculous the product they are putting out there. Their fans should be disgusted, even while understanding there is an end goal. I get that hardcore Sixers fans are being patient, and believe in this plan, but NBA fans in general find it ridiculous that a team can intentionally throw away 2-3 years of real NBA games, with no consequence.

If I am a Sixers fan, I just hope it works out like Hinkie and company are hoping it will.

I just find it funny that the Sixers are the only team to ever get this singled out for "tanking". Tanking has been obviously going on for years now, it is nothing new. So why are the Sixers getting all the backlash? Because they are doing it the right way without throwing away money at pointless FAs? As a fan, I actually enjoy watching them more now than I did when we had the team that was built around Holiday and Turner, because we actually have a chance at something and exciting young talent to develop. Although all the losing is sometimes extremely tough game after game, it is really something only Sixers fans should worry about. Also, they aren't intentionally throwing away 2-3 years, they are sacrificing winning meaningless games for player development. And there are consequences, they have lost some fans and tons of revenue...so the ownership group has definitely felt the consequences in the wallet. I don't even think we are THAT bad as everyone is making us seem...we should have won several games already but punted them. Take out the 50 point beating we got from the Mavs and our point differential is close to the TWolves.

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2014, 02:19 PM

First of all, learn how to spell embarrassed.

Actually, the vast majority of the Sixers fan base is in favor of the rebuilding plan. Also, Brett Brown was well aware of what he was getting into when he signed here...so I highly doubt he is embarrassed. How do you know what the ceiling of our team is, when we don't even know what our future draft picks, signings, or trades will be??? Also, we were marginally a playoff team for years when we started this rebuild, so what exactly are we sacrificing??? Mediocrity? I would MUCH rather be in the Sixers position than the Knicks, Lakers, Nets, Nuggets, or Hornets. Those teams have no plan for the future and no real way to become a contender any time soon. The key words you mentioned was "right now", sure all of those team are better right now, but the Sixers are in the best position for the future. We will have more talent than many of the teams soon, arguably as soon as next year.

Name me one team that is relatively competitive with the league after tanking like this? Unless its the lakers or bulls, where they help you and are attractive markets even when bad. You guys arent that.

Plus even if you snag a 1 pick the prospects aren't that special...not enough to make the team competitive or above mediocrity. Its not about throwing in a bunch of new faces and hoping for the best its about developing a winning environment from good moves and continuity. You have none if that with tanking,the opposite. No one Envys you or is jealous that's ridiculous.

You guys are basically tanking from mediocrity to in result work towards mediocrity again..what then? Tank again? No. You can get out of mediocrity from trades, development, good drafting. Tanking is stupid it sets your whole team back and no one wants to play for you unless LA or Chicago.

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I am offended you left out my Wolves

lol i left you guys out since you did a good job on the Love deal.

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Name me one team that is relatively competitive with the league after tanking like this? Unless its the lakers or bulls, where they help you and are attractive markets even when bad. You guys arent that.

Plus even if you snag a 1 pick the prospects aren't that special...not enough to make the team competitive or above mediocrity. Its not about throwing in a bunch of new faces and hoping for the best its about developing a winning environment from good moves and continuity. You have none if that with tanking,the opposite. No one Envys you or is jealous that's ridiculous.

You guys are basically tanking from mediocrity to in result work towards mediocrity again..what then? Tank again? No. You can get out of mediocrity from trades, development, good drafting. Tanking is stupid it sets your whole team back and no one wants to play for you unless LA or Chicago.

How is Chicago a more desireable market to play in then not Philly? Philly is a top 5 market in the league with as good of a history of anyone in the league. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about its pretty comical.

nycericanguy
12-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Some PHI fans are taking things a bit too personally. I'm not a "hater" and I don't sit around thinking about what PHI is doing.

BUT... let's not act like this has been done before... at least not to this level. I'm a pretty avid NBA fan but when the Knicks played PHI I literally didn't know half the players that were in the game for PHI... I've never had that happen before. I read that they have like 9 or 10 D-leaguers on the roster? Undrafted guys? That's unprecedented.

Hinkie has decided he doesn't want to win for the next 2-3 years... I mean they had Thad Young, a young player that just about any team in the NBA would want, young enough to fit in PHI... but they traded him away. Obviously because he would have helped them win games and PHI wants no part of that.

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2014, 02:29 PM

How is Chicago a more desireable market to play in then not Philly? Philly is a top 5 market in the league with as good of a history of anyone in the league. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about its pretty comical.

Chicago is always an attractive market for nba. Oh and the fact they play in the league to win and not tank?

Way to dodge the rest of the comment btw no answer?

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Some PHI fans are taking things a bit too personally. I'm not a "hater" and I don't sit around thinking about what PHI is doing.

BUT... let's not act like this has been done before... at least not to this level. I'm a pretty avid NBA fan but when the Knicks played PHI I literally didn't know half the players that were in the game for PHI... I've never had that happen before. I read that they have like 9 or 10 D-leaguers on the roster? Undrafted guys? That's unprecedented.

Hinkie has decided he doesn't want to win for the next 2-3 years... I mean they had Thad Young, a young player that just about any team in the NBA would want, young enough to fit in PHI... but they traded him away. Obviously because he would have helped them win games and PHI wants no part of that.

lol so you think a team led by Thad, Hawes, Holiday, and Turner (all making 8-12mil) is a team worth keeping around long term with goal of a title? Had Thad not asked to be traded he would still be on the team at the moment anyway and then what we have 2-3 maybe 4 more wins, who gives a ****?

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Chicago is always an attractive market for nba. Oh and the fact they play in the league to win and not tank?

what big FA's has Chicago signed over the last decade, Boozer? Is that really any bigger than the Sixer getting Brand when we did? Bulls have drafted their core with Rose, Butler, Noah and Gibson similar to what we are doing in Philly.

PhillyFaninLA
12-02-2014, 02:48 PM
isnt that what people were saying last year for 76er fans?- then next yr you will be saying the same thing and eventually you guys will be like the warriors between 1995 and 2007- just a decade long tank fest

No we won't I think most fans accept 2 years, once Embiid is healthy and I believe Saric will be bought out and playing next year it will matter. 3 years of this tells me they have no plan, but clearly they do...now will it work, time will tell.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I just find it funny that the Sixers are the only team to ever get this singled out for "tanking". Tanking has been obviously going on for years now, it is nothing new. So why are the Sixers getting all the backlash? Because they are doing it the right way without throwing away money at pointless FAs? As a fan, I actually enjoy watching them more now than I did when we had the team that was built around Holiday and Turner, because we actually have a chance at something and exciting young talent to develop. Although all the losing is sometimes extremely tough game after game, it is really something only Sixers fans should worry about. Also, they aren't intentionally throwing away 2-3 years, they are sacrificing winning meaningless games for player development. And there are consequences, they have lost some fans and tons of revenue...so the ownership group has definitely felt the consequences in the wallet. I don't even think we are THAT bad as everyone is making us seem...we should have won several games already but punted them. Take out the 50 point beating we got from the Mavs and our point differential is close to the TWolves.

They are getting built up backlash, and they are doing such an obvious job dude, which is why.

I am not faulting them for doing it, I am saying get used to NBA fans in general complaining about the product being put on the floor.

Wolves have been without Rubio for 11 games, Martin 5, Pekovic 7, Turiaf 5, etc. They are in a different situation, they are bad because they have no choice but to play children.

PhillyFaninLA
12-02-2014, 02:53 PM

In 5 years you will be talking about how great the plan was and how you where always behind it....people that argue the way you do, always change with the circumstances and never stick by or acknowledge original feelings.

PhillyFaninLA
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM

The value of this year is not wins or losses, its not point differential, heck its note even completely about player development. To me its about roster spots 6 - 15, we have so nice looking bench players and only 2 legit NBA starters, both of which are raw and have a ton of room to grow.

valade16
12-02-2014, 03:04 PM
I think Philly fans are not frustrated or angry because they can see the endgame, and they have an expectation it will work out. But it might not. If this plan backfires and they don't get good it will be a lot of years wasted.

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 03:05 PM
i think 3 we might have 3 future starters with McDaniels in the mix. If we get a big time scoring 3 KJ would be a great compliment at the 2

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-02-2014, 04:12 PM

I remember that one year the Bulls and Knicks had tons of capspace. They all wanted TMAC or Duncan or Grant Hill or Dirk or Pierce. Bulls ended up with Ron Mercer. Not sure what the Knicks got? Last big name Bulls landed was Boozer. But then again not many big name stars change teams in free agency any more. Howard was like the last big name player leaving a team.

2-ONE-5
12-02-2014, 04:23 PM
and would the Cavs have James if he wasnt from Cleveland? highyl doubt it, same for the Knicks and Melo

beasted86
12-03-2014, 07:44 PM
What I don't get is this mindset the Sixers are building the "right way" and that Hinkie is doing something great...

Wake up guys, this is the GM and owner taking the easy route to turning the team around. Its easy to play rookies and 2nd year players, stay above the salary floor, and sign/scout no free agents, and lose on an epic level. Its nothing special. This isn't some mastermind at work here. This is simple and plain losing and rolling the dice on draft prospects. This is drafting injured players who will then only provide the team with 3 years on a rookie deal rather than 4... shortening the window before they are asking for a max contract based on potential and a limited sample.

I can see this blowing up in their faces way easier than them being a home-court playoff team 6 years from now. But I guess only time will tell.

bucketss
12-04-2014, 01:09 AM
well they finally got a win.

Cal827
12-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Condolences Hawkeye.

Chronz
12-04-2014, 02:39 AM
MCW is averaging a triple double in his last 3 games, trade bait?

Alayla
12-04-2014, 06:58 AM

First of all Iggy Harkless and Vucevic where traded for an at the time all star Center in Andrew Bynum who was figured to be the new focal point of the team along with Holiday

Only Holiday was traded for Noel And the pick that got Elfrid Payton (Later Traded for Saric and a first round pick) and that happened ATFER Bynum was out for a season and it was clear he wouldn't be back here.

If you people are going to rag on the sixers all the time at least do your homework.
We TRYED to be competitive with the Bynum Trade it failed we had no other options you guys are talking like we went streght from being in the 2nd round playoffs with Iggy Jrue and Brand. To suddenly being the worst team the next season as if the whole Bynum season where Holiday was an allstar and the team was only a 30 win team never happened we maximized value for holiday and we where backed into a corner with Bynum and forced to let him go becuase of his health what exactly did you expect to come from that?

The Sixers Traded Holiday in the 2013 Draft and people where allready calling it tanking like we had any other option there was no way that team was making the playoffs anyways.

Alayla
12-04-2014, 07:14 AM

First of all the front office who traded for Bynum and the one who traded for Noel are different groups so that is irelevant.
2nd of all if you truely belive a core of Vucivic and Holiday (even if we assume iggy would have stayed when his contract was up) is a core that can be anywhere close to a contender your way off the mark.
Holiday was an Above Average point guard with a strong defensive talent but surely not someone who can carry a team Vuc was not even starting over Hawes when he was here Brand was Done and Iggy was about to walk Lou wanted to much money Turner sucks and Harkless hasnt shown much of anything that group was dying from the inside out. Even if we where satisfied with being mediorce never trading for Bynum never trading holiday etc.
It would have only been a short while before we ended up a 30 win team by about this time anyways so at this point we would have Holiday Vuc mabye a declining iggy and nothing else that's a worse situation than we are in now because there is no way to get any better at that point.

Alayla
12-04-2014, 07:36 AM

The key words

Alayla
12-04-2014, 07:44 AM

Young was going to walk.

2-ONE-5
12-04-2014, 09:54 AM
MCW is averaging a triple double in his last 3 games, trade bait?

he was never actually shopped. Everything during the draft was a smokescreen to setup Orlando

Hawkeye15
12-04-2014, 10:25 AM
my Wolves showed what real futility is last night

5ass
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM
he was never actually shopped. Everything during the draft was a smokescreen to setup Orlando

Or that's just what they want you to believe now that MCW is their best PG prospect and they have a team full of rookies looking for trust.

2-ONE-5
12-05-2014, 09:46 AM
no it was. if MCW was really available they would not have sent him to the draft lol and it forced you guys to call our bluff with those rumors swirling.