PDA

View Full Version : Higher Potential: Exum - Smart - Stauskas - Payton - LaVine

Celticsfan2007
11-28-2014, 08:58 AM
All the guards (except Wiggins) who were selected in the top 15 picks. Rank their potential

5ass
11-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Exum or Payton.

JAZZNC
11-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Just going off of potential, its easily Exum then Payton. Not just saying tha because I'm a Jazz fan. Exum just has the athleticism, length, ect to be the best player of the group. Whether he cashes in on that potential we'll just have to wait and see.

bucketss
11-28-2014, 11:54 AM
exum.

5ass
11-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah i was hesitant to put payton with exum, its the homer in me. Still i think payton finishes out the season with much better production than payton. Payton obviously has some cpnfidence issues. See his first preseason game. He's been much better these past few games. I wouldnt say exum's potential is easily higher either. Payton can take over games in the 4th with just his defense.

ManningToTyree
11-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Smart
Exum
Payton
Stauskas
Lavine

Miltstar
11-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Haven't seen much of the others but was real impressed by Payton both times I saw him, saw one game of Exum, he didn't really do much hard to judge him on one game though

Crackadalic
11-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Exum and Smart have the highest potential

Payton will have the more successful career

Sactown
11-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Right now Payton just because Exum to me is one of three players to have play making ability on that team and is arguable the worst.

Smart depends on how this Rondo thing plays out definitely helps if he is moved after this season

I think there's a draw between Stauskas and Lavine, both are not in favorable situations .. Levine is a 1 or 2? And clearly behind Kmart and Rubio when healthy ..

Stauskas behind Ben Mac who has looked crazy improved definitely a dark horse behind Jimmy Butler .

I think situations do make or break players and clearly Payton is in the best situations

WSU Tony
11-28-2014, 02:17 PM
All guards except Wiggins? I assume that's because Wiggins is the clear favorite?

abe_froman
11-28-2014, 02:26 PM
on potential
exum
lavine
smart
payton
stauskas

....now, who is likely to actually fulfill their potential is another story

Celticsfan2007
11-28-2014, 02:45 PM
All guards except Wiggins? I assume that's because Wiggins is the clear favorite?

Yezzir.

jerellh528
11-28-2014, 02:50 PM
on potential
exum
lavine
smart
payton
stauskas

....now, who is likely to actually fulfill their potential is another story

My list as well

Tony_Starks
11-28-2014, 05:56 PM
I like Payton's game the most. Exum has the highest potential but a team would just have to give him the keys, which won't happen anytime soon. Smart is going to solid no matter what situation you put him in but he has a ceiling....

Bruno
11-28-2014, 07:04 PM
I think Exum for offense, but Smart is going to be a special defender at the PG position, even in an era where you can't touch the offensive player.

DillyDill
11-28-2014, 07:18 PM
I love them all but imma Lavine fanboy such a freak athlete

InRoseWeTrust
11-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Exum, then LaVine. If LaVine put it together, he could be Westbrookian

JustinTime
11-29-2014, 01:11 AM
Wiggins F*cking sucks he should be thrown into this conversation. He's honestly the laziest player I have ever seen and his D is incredibly overrated. I'm watching him vs the sh*tty Lakers and he's got like 3 pts on like 1-7 shooting so far and he just sits there in the corner doing nothing the whole game. If you gave any of these guys listed the opportunity Wiggins is getting they'd murder.

WSU Tony
11-29-2014, 01:16 AM
I'm not sure anyone from the wolves section values your opinion at this point. The NBA section might not know you well enough you might hold some equity here at this point.

JustinTime
11-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Zach Lavine has 28 pts through 3 Q's right now

JustinTime
11-29-2014, 01:30 AM
I'm not sure anyone from the wolves section values your opinion at this point. The NBA section might not know you well enough you might hold some equity here at this point.

Twolves fans are incredibly biased though anyone who actually watched Wiggins will realize how overrated he is. I'm pretty sure Wiggins just plays video games all day and then rolls out of bed 5 minutes before each game because he honestly looks like a zombie out there who is just try to keep himself from falling asleep. His body language has to be the worst in the NBA he hardly does anything and he always grabbing his back like a woman. If he doesn't change something fast he is going to be the biggest waste of talent ever.

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2014, 01:48 AM
1. Dante Exum - His numbers are hurting from sharing time with Trey Burke, but he's still the enigma. Utah has to start giving him freer rein.
2. Elfrid Payton - He's already playing and shooting the best of any rookie guard, and he's a pest on defense. It's a given that he and Victor Oladipo will take over the back court.
3. Zach Lavine - Once Minnesota gets rid of Kevin Martin, we'll see what Lavine can do.
4. Marcus Smart - His future depends on Rajon Rondo's.
5. Nik Stauskas - He has to do more to prove he's not Jimmer Fredette.

mngopher35
11-29-2014, 02:00 AM
Twolves fans are incredibly biased though anyone who actually watched Wiggins will realize how overrated he is. I'm pretty sure Wiggins just plays video games all day and then rolls out of bed 5 minutes before each game because he honestly looks like a zombie out there who is just try to keep himself from falling asleep. His body language has to be the worst in the NBA he hardly does anything and he always grabbing his back like a woman. If he doesn't change something fast he is going to be the biggest waste of talent ever.

It isn't just twolves fans, there is a reason wiggins and Parker have been talked about highly long before the draft. The talent and potential is there with him and pretty much everyone can see it. You however have an obvious bias which is why no one will ever take you serious.

Everyone who has paid attention knew that a lack of aggression was an issue for him. Everyone knew he has weak handles which will limit him offensively. We are under a quarter of the way in to his first season and you say he might end up as the biggest waste of talent ever? You're pretty sure he plays video games all day and rolls out of bed 5 minutes before game time? Ridiculous...

mngopher35
11-29-2014, 02:04 AM
Exum, then LaVine. If LaVine put it together, he could be Westbrookian

Lavine flashed some of that potential tonight. At times he definitely can wow you similar to westy but we have to see if he develops that consistency. they are raw but I am excited for wiggins and Lavines potential for sure.

JustinTime
11-29-2014, 10:55 AM
It isn't just twolves fans, there is a reason wiggins and Parker have been talked about highly long before the draft. The talent and potential is there with him and pretty much everyone can see it. You however have an obvious bias which is why no one will ever take you serious.

Everyone who has paid attention knew that a lack of aggression was an issue for him. Everyone knew he has weak handles which will limit him offensively. We are under a quarter of the way in to his first season and you say he might end up as the biggest waste of talent ever? You're pretty sure he plays video games all day and rolls out of bed 5 minutes before game time? Ridiculous...

in college he used to come to games and his hair was still sticking up on one side because he just got out of bed. If you put Jordan's brain in Wiggins Jordan would have been better than he was but the current brain inside Wiggins is probably going to make him a bust.