PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson called it

FriedTofuz
11-25-2014, 02:42 AM
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/489180324388425728

He said this back in July, so far, he's pretty right

A team everybody has to watch out for in the East are the Toronto Raptors. They have the talent to sneak up and win the Eastern Conference.4

Just wanted to point out that I wasnt trying to brag on behalf of the raptors, I honestly posted this with the intent to show that Magic's Prediction was right. I saw it on twitter a while ago and just recalled to it, thought it was interesting to share. I didnt mean to act like the raptors are championship contenders despite being 12-2, I was just trying to share that Magic's prediction was surprisingly right for the moment.

ThuglifeJ
11-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Please can we just enjoy this season and NOT lower ourselves to other fanbase levels who'm I will not name.

Really, we're doing good, but let's stay humble..that's the most important thing on this board.

Not saying this isn't a cool quote from back in summer and the Raptors aren't killing it, but let's please not turn into other fanbase who'm shall not be named. We're better than that and less insecure.

JV35
11-25-2014, 03:04 AM
That was no real scoop.

Taking into account the way the Raptors played last year, the upheaval in Miami, and Cleveland's situation (even after LeBron's announcement) being unsettled--all he did was state the OBVIOUS.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-25-2014, 03:05 AM
Yes, let's all get cocky to get the attention we've craved so much after 14 games.

clehmun
11-25-2014, 03:17 AM
Please can we just enjoy this season and NOT lower ourselves to other fanbase levels who'm I will not name.

Really, we're doing good, but let's stay humble..that's the most important thing on this board.

Not saying this isn't a cool quote from back in summer and the Raptors aren't killing it, but let's please not turn into other fanbase who'm shall not be named. We're better than that and less insecure.

Not that I don't agree with staying humble, the Raptors deserved to be talked about a little more as well. There have been a lot of threads on the bad teams (knicks struggling, will 76ers fire their coach, cavs fragile, lakers etc.) and not enough of the winning teams.

There's a difference between bragging about a 12-2 record and keeping things in perspective but giving the raptors their much deserved attention and credit.

With that said, I thought the Raptors showed good poise today vs the Suns after giving up a big lead. They were able to gather themselves and pull out the win.

Iron24th
11-25-2014, 03:31 AM
The Raptors are still young and unexperienced at the big stage, so they might need some others years together before killing it, but I like this team and the city, and I hope they do something big faster than I thought.

FriedTofuz
11-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Yes, let's all get cocky to get the attention we've craved so much after 14 games.

I did say so far didnt I?

Just wanted to point out that I wasnt trying to brag on behalf of the raptors, I honestly posted this with the intent to show that Magic's Prediction was right. I saw it on twitter a while ago and just recalled to it, thought it was interesting to share. I didnt mean to act like the raptors are championship contenders despite being 12-2, I was just trying to share that Magic's prediction was surprisingly right for the moment.

koreancabbage
11-25-2014, 06:47 AM
I did say so far didnt I?

Did this guy just copy and paste his response from above to here? Lol

Goose17
11-25-2014, 07:22 AM
They haven't won the conference yet, far from it. So he didn't really call anything yet.

DarkKnight
11-25-2014, 07:50 AM
:laugh: another quality NBA thread

North Yorker
11-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Can some mod take away this guy's thread creating ability?

IBleedPurple
11-25-2014, 09:32 AM
NBA mods are like the Great White Buffalo. They no longer exist.

Blitzbolt
11-25-2014, 09:34 AM
I think Raptors fans are missing the point.. regular season means nothing you might even beat a team 4-0 in the regular season and then lose in the playoffs.

I like the RAps but you guys have issues like rebounding and soft bigs..issues now need to be fix. Is not how start is how you finish.

KnickNyKnick
11-25-2014, 09:34 AM
so when does this turn into a knicks thread?

Miltstar
11-25-2014, 09:36 AM

They've been really good for a lot longer than 14 games... just sayin... and they were robbed in the Brooklyn series. Our fans and even announcers can get cocky all they want but listen to any Kyle Lowry or Dwayne Casey interview and you'll realize the team is staying humble which is really what matters more than anything

ghettosean
11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
It's too early for this thread...

I will say though that I'm glad that the Raptors are playing great ball and that they lead the Eastern Conference and the critics who were laughing about us possibly winning our division have been silenced so far. We really aren't playing different from last year... Post Rudy Gay trade we had one of the best records in the league (not the east the league) so I'm not overly surprised by the teams play since we have also improved since last year on our roster.

The only reason I say it's too early is aside from beating Memphis (best team in the league as of now) I'd still like to see us battle a few more contenders in the West before a thread like this is created but it should be clear to most that we are a top 3 team in the east right now

mightybosstone
11-25-2014, 10:04 AM
It's been 14 games. Magic didn't call anything. Also, it's not a huge leap of faith to say, "Team A is talented. They could possibly win Conference X." There's like 8-10 teams I could plug into that statement and it would still make sense.

72 Wins
11-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Quality thread. Even Magic Johnson is going to wait until the end of the season to say he "called it."

IndyRealist
11-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Masai Ujiri. That is all.

Big Zo
11-25-2014, 10:53 AM
This is a proud day for Canada, and therefore, the world...

ghettosean
11-25-2014, 10:55 AM
This is a proud day for Canada, and therefore, the world...

LOL... Love my south park jokes!

Vampirate
11-25-2014, 11:35 AM
WAAAY too early man, the Raptors are virtually guaranteed a 4th spot at least though.

Cleveland will get stronger, the Raptors scedule will get tougher, Chicago will get healthier and the Wizards will hit their stride.

koreancabbage
11-25-2014, 11:38 AM
WAAAY too early man, the Raptors are virtually guaranteed a 4th spot at least though.

Cleveland will get stronger, the Raptors scedule will get tougher, Chicago will get healthier and the Wizards will hit their stride.

then WHY THE **** did you create that new thread (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?880349-What-would-the-Raptors-have-to-do-to-no-NOT-make-the-playoffs) *FACEPALM*

Vampirate
11-25-2014, 11:41 AM
then WHY THE **** did you create that new thread *FACEPALM*

That was a thread about the Raptors failing to make the playoffs in the pathetic East not winning the damn conference.

Instead off assuming my arrogance why not answer the damn question.

koreancabbage
11-25-2014, 11:43 AM
That was a thread about the Raptors failing to make the playoffs in the pathetic East not winning the damn conference.

Instead off assuming my arrogance why not answer the damn question.

you answered it already. Virtually impossible.

Vampirate
11-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Anyways i'll stick to what I think the Raptors are, a high 40s to low 50s win team.

They've beaten up on some pretty bad teams and have caught breaks on Cleveland figuring things out, Memphis, Washington and Okc being shorthanded.

We'll see how they fare when they face more west teams at full strength.

Gibby23
11-25-2014, 12:10 PM
He also said Byron Scott was a good coach and the Lakers would be better than last year.

HoopsDrive
11-25-2014, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/489180324388425728

He said this back in July, so far, he's pretty right

He's called Magic for a reason

:rimshot:

Miltstar
11-25-2014, 12:29 PM

Take a look at their schedule man, they have on tough 6 game road trip from Dec 22 - Jan 4. That's it... it doesn't get a whole lot tougher.

Crackadalic
11-25-2014, 12:47 PM
:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
11-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Can some mod take away this guy's thread creating ability?
This

BHF
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
This

+1

Kenny Powders
11-25-2014, 12:57 PM
so when does this turn into a knicks thread?

Seeing as your the first one to bring them up, it begins with you.

ink
11-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Closing this one too.