PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson

JordansBulls
11-24-2014, 11:40 PM
What is up with this guy this year? He is playing terrible. Was he a product of the system in Indy?

Chronz
11-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Its not a seamless fit but hes got alot of time to figure this out, tho hes always been abit overrated.

IndyRealist
11-25-2014, 12:06 AM
He's not shooting well because I think he's playing through injury. Other than that, he's been pretty fantastic. Heck, I think he's their leading rebounder.

Chronz
11-25-2014, 12:20 AM
He's not shooting well because I think he's playing through injury. Other than that, he's been pretty fantastic. Heck, I think he's their leading rebounder.

Yeah but he doesn't play like someone whos holding back due to injury. If you're hurt, you should move the ball, he got benched today vs the Clips for not passing at all. Hes trying to do too much, he knows his shot is off but hes still trying to force the issue too often. He plays the way I do with my MP in 2K, where you insist on being the guy to set others up. You know, the selfish passer, thats what Lance is. Its a shame really, because he can be a gifted passer if he disregarded assists.

IndyRealist
11-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Yeah but he doesn't play like someone whos holding back due to injury. If you're hurt, you should move the ball, he got benched today vs the Clips for not passing at all. Hes trying to do too much, he knows his shot is off but hes still trying to force the issue too often. He plays the way I do with my MP in 2K, where you insist on being the guy to set others up. You know, the selfish passer, thats what Lance is. Its a shame really, because he can be a gifted passer if he disregarded assists.
He absolutely -is- the definition of a selfish passer, and feels like he has to control the ball all the time. My assumption was that they brought him in to be the de facto ball handler and let Walker play more off the ball? If that's not what they're trying to do, they made a serious mistake in signing him.

ewing
11-25-2014, 12:53 AM

this is the key with him in general. He is a hell of a player but he is just raw. if you ask him to do too much or he is in a role where he asked to make to many decisions eventually he going to shoot himself in the foot. He is a like young john starks.

dalton749
11-25-2014, 02:47 AM
he was so overrated last year, mainly because of his rebounding ability, which was just him stealing boards from his teammates
the guy is a 6th man

abe_froman
11-25-2014, 02:59 AM
i've been wondering the same thing.he really looks bad there,it was a bad fit ,but even with that i thought he'd be better than this

Raps18-19 Champ
11-25-2014, 03:06 AM
He was never good.

Iron24th
11-25-2014, 03:35 AM
He has some trouble to score this year, but he's still a rebounding machine (at his spot) and make some quality plays for his teammates.

85BearsDefense
11-25-2014, 03:51 AM
He was never good.

Stop

MyDRoseLikeDeng
11-25-2014, 05:28 AM
I laughed so hard when I heard the Hornets signed Lance Stephenson in the offseason for "offensive firepower"

Goose17
11-25-2014, 05:48 AM
He was never good.

This^ horribly overrated last year and I told you so. But hey, nobody listens to Goose.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2014, 09:42 AM
didnt he miss pre-season? i think he is still working himself into game shape and fitting into a new system and adjusting to new teammates. The Cavs players are getting a pass for the same thing right now so i dont see why Lance and Co cant get the deal

D-Leethal
11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Why anyone thought adding Lance Stephenson to that Charlotte team (specifically to that backcourt with Kemba Walker) was going to catapult them into Eastern Conference contender status is beyond me.