PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Henry torn Achilles?

jsthornton7
11-24-2014, 04:54 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/breaking-xavier-henry-may-have-torn-left-achilles-in-practice/2014/11/24/

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 6m6 minutes ago
Lakers are in contact with NBA officials about roster possibilities now that three players are almost surely done for or the season.

Jenceman
11-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Wow. There has to be something wrong with our strength and conditioning program

jaydubb
11-24-2014, 05:10 PM
This improves our chances

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2014, 05:10 PM
this guy has always had some kind of injury, so not a surprise

still1ballin
11-24-2014, 05:26 PM
His career is done. Let him go

Iron24th
11-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Even God wants us to tank

Rocco007
11-24-2014, 06:47 PM
This means we'll get an extra spot...can carry 16 players...NBA should rule quickly...

bleedprple&gold
11-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Feel bad for him. Showed flashes of promise but he may not be able to recover from this.

DillyDill
11-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Hope he makes a full recovery ,he's only 22 can bounce right back

midwestlaker75
11-24-2014, 07:31 PM
The Lakers really need to take a look inside themselves at this point and ask the question.... "What Next?"I mean really do some soul searching. Jimmy, Jeanie & Mitch...This is not acceptable!
What ever plan you got in place(Or think you have) Is not working and need to be reassessed.

All things must be reevaluated, Off season program, Who & what do we trade for and when do you do it. Simply the attitude if "We are the Lakers, Who wouldn't want to play for us" will not suffice any more.

As far as Xavier Henry goes... That's too bad because yes it probably does signal the end of his career. With the knee and now the Achilles, I don't know! I don't think he's got that Kobe in him. Lakers should give him an injury settlement and move on. If he's able to come back in a year or two, Maybe we take a look. But until then it's time to move on.

angelsfan1984
11-24-2014, 08:07 PM
well there goes the season.

mufridaz
11-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Eric pincus· 5h 5 hours ago

Lakers have 4 players out for long period (Henry, Randle, Nash, Kelly) opening the door to a possible hardship exception to go to 16 players

Eric Pincus @EricPincus
· 15h 15 hours ago
FWIW - the Lakers haven't been rejected yet I hear on the Steve Nash disabled player exception - just haven't gotten a yes to date

mufridaz
11-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Kelly is only out 6 weeks or well probally 5 not not sure exactly. We could carry 16 but we would have to go back to 15 whenever Kelly returns.

Not sure why we even have Kelly I would much rather have a PF that can rebound and trash around the rim baskets that can set picks and make dunks/layups and pass rather than a stretch 4 that is always hurt. Would be nice to turn into a 2nd round pick or maybe a 1st if he plays well when he returns.

If we get that 4.5 mil thing from nash being out pick up kerilinko from nets who is on leave of absence personal reasons and will probally not play another game as a net. Someone like a sephelosha although he plays the 2 position is a good defender still and could make an occasional 3 here and there. And would be cheap maybe this summer.

LA_Raiders
11-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Thats messed up, 3 done for the year already.

Avenged
11-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Basketball God's are on our side. They want us to tank as its more beneficial!

Rocco007
11-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
As feared, MRI has revealed a torn Achilles’ tendon for Lakers guard Xavier Henry, a league source tells Yahoo. He'll miss rest of season.

bleedprple&gold
11-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Kelly is only out 6 weeks or well probally 5 not not sure exactly. We could carry 16 but we would have to go back to 15 whenever Kelly returns.

Not sure why we even have Kelly I would much rather have a PF that can rebound and trash around the rim baskets that can set picks and make dunks/layups and pass rather than a stretch 4 that is always hurt. Would be nice to turn into a 2nd round pick or maybe a 1st if he plays well when he returns.

If we get that 4.5 mil thing from nash being out pick up kerilinko from nets who is on leave of absence personal reasons and will probally not play another game as a net. Someone like a sephelosha although he plays the 2 position is a good defender still and could make an occasional 3 here and there. And would be cheap maybe this summer.

Kirilenko is washed up and will do nothing for this team. If anything we should use the spot to take a chance a young player with some potenial.

Iron24th
11-25-2014, 04:15 AM
This guy henry was a season ending injury waiting to happen, first it was his wrist, than his knee, finally his achille, he has never played more than 50 games a season, and never played injury free.

And of course our stupid FO signed him, than re-signed him.........

He's done as a Laker.

Mave1002
11-25-2014, 05:43 AM
Eric pincus· 5h 5 hours ago

Lakers have 4 players out for long period (Henry, Randle, Nash, Kelly) opening the door to a possible hardship exception to go to 16 players

Eric Pincus @EricPincus
· 15h 15 hours ago
FWIW - the Lakers haven't been rejected yet I hear on the Steve Nash disabled player exception - just haven't gotten a yes to date

4 injured players = more disabled player exception?

mufridaz
11-25-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm no expert but I think that with the disabled player exception nash's 9 mil deal could offer the lakers 4.5 mil to sign a player.

The 4 injured players means could get a hardship exception which would allow the team to sign a 16th player but only would be for a few weeks since Kelly should return in a month. Whenever Kelly returns we would have to go back to 15 players meaning someone would have to be let go I believe.

Not sure what Xavier henry makes but wanta say 500k ish so half of that would not be enough to get another player. I could be wrong but that is what I understand.

According to some Xavier was going to be the player let go anyways. Although before some thought maybe be ellington or price since their salary was not guaranteed money.

PurpleLynch
11-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Come on,this season has "Jahlil Okafor" written all over it. Finally we could have a nice big men duo to start the rebuilding process(Randle+Okafor could be awesome).

MickeyMgl
11-25-2014, 10:00 AM
There goes the season! :mad:

;)

deadman8586
11-25-2014, 02:11 PM
I think the Lakers lead the league in man games lost to injury so far its around about 250 so far.