PDA

View Full Version : Best current fanbase ??

smith&wesson
11-23-2014, 04:12 PM
I was watching the Cleveland vs Toronto game last night and there was more Toronto fans in the stadium at the end of the game than Cavs fans with chants of "we the North" along with flags and posters etc... This was on the Cavs home court..

Also in the playoffs, Toronto had mad support with the fans travelling to Brooklyn with the same chants etc.

Is any other fanbase currently doing this ? That's my claim for my teams fanbase. Who do you think is the best current fanbase in the NBA...

jaydubb
11-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Definitely lakers

mngopher35
11-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Twolves for sure

jerellh528
11-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Lakers

abe_froman
11-23-2014, 04:20 PM
there is no best.it will break down to whatever fanbase the poster belongs to,its too subjective

Kaner
11-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Bulls fans have been supporting their team the best, are attendance has been best in the league for the last 4 years and will be again this year, been in the top 2 in attendance for the past decade.

InRoseWeTrust
11-23-2014, 04:22 PM
DA Bulls. For real though.

GritGrind7
11-23-2014, 04:30 PM
I respect Toronto having strong support for their team but they make it a mockery at points. The passion is there, but it feels forced. Hockey fans to guess.

In stadium effect you can't miss the energy from GS, LA Lakers, Portland, Boston.

HM: Dallas because of Cuban.
Worst: Orlando, Brooklyn, Minnesota, and Cleveland. Orlando has too many senior citizens its dead in there.

archdevil84
11-23-2014, 04:35 PM
sixers

ghettosean
11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Toronto or OKC

GoferKing_
11-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Sacramento, good, bad or worse, always there.

*Superman*
11-23-2014, 04:45 PM
I respect Toronto having strong support for their team but they make it a mockery at points. The passion is there, but it feels forced. Hockey fans to guess.

In stadium effect you can't miss the energy from GS, LA Lakers, Portland, Boston.

HM: Dallas because of Cuban.
Worst: Orlando, Brooklyn, Minnesota, and Cleveland. Orlando has too many senior citizens its dead in there.

Lol. It used to get rowdy when we were actually a good team with Dwight, but yeah the casuals that show up are just older people with money to blow.

Cal827
11-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Insert favorite team here.

I think we're passionate here, but I think this goes to the Lakers or Knicks. As we see on PSD, their teams might be struggling, but they are still rowdy as **** :laugh2:

Just like in Hockey with the Leafs. No matter how bad they are, we're always selling out and screaming... now some of that might be at our team but nonetheless lol

Raps18-19 Champ
11-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Whichever team you wanted us to say.

likemystylez
11-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Sacramento, good, bad or worse, always there.

Ummm no- they are passionate (the ones that show up)- but their attendance isnt the same when the team isnt good. You are aware that its a miracle they werent moved to seattle. Heck, they arent even as loyal as the warriors fans up the road- and half the warriors fans hate the owners for wanting to move them to SF

Goose17
11-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Homer Vote - Warriors.

Out East I definitely think it's Toronto, they've always had a great home crowd. I don't condone the way they boo carter after so long, but at the same time I get it, they're incredibly passionate and that comes out in all sorts of ways.

I also like Chicago and Indiana fans, they seem to get a good crowd and are also passionate about the game.

I've always had a soft spot for Chicago, Toronto and Orlando (as teams, not specifically their fan base). But Orlando's fan base seems to have died a little. It's not like it was back in the day.

A better topic would be the worst fan base, or maybe not the worst fan base, but the worst home crowd. I watched Cleveland - San Antonio and that Cleveland crowd was so disillusioned, it was like they weren't even there.

likemystylez
11-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Homer Vote - Warriors.

Out East I definitely think it's Toronto, they've always had a great home crowd. I don't condone the way they boo carter after so long, but at the same time I get it, they're incredibly passionate and that comes out in all sorts of ways.

I also like Chicago and Indiana fans, they seem to get a good crowd and are also passionate about the game.

I've always had a soft spot for Chicago, Toronto and Orlando (as teams, not specifically their fan base). But Orlando's fan base seems to have died a little. It's not like it was back in the day.

A better topic would be the worst fan base, or maybe not the worst fan base, but the worst home crowd. I watched Cleveland - San Antonio and that Cleveland crowd was so disillusioned, it was like they weren't even there.

Not sure if its a homer vote- warriors fans constantly get acknowledged by national media. If they arent the best fan base, they are definitely up there in terms of being unique. Warriors game atmosphere is more like a big time college program than any other NBA team.

I thinkt he best fan base should be determined by looking at a fan base over a long stretch of time whent he team is good and when it isnt good. (warriors are in that conversation- even when they are horrible).

Some people will say- well some teams are in cities where the economy has really hit hard (Detroit)- but detroit always has been a blue collar town lol not just when they are bad. People all of a sudden cant afford to pay for a losing team? weak sauce!!

LOl Oakland isnt exactly great ont he job market either- but most of the bay area is

Goose17
11-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Not sure if its a homer vote- warriors fans constantly get acknowledged by national media. If they arent the best fan base, they are definitely up there in terms of being unique. Warriors game atmosphere is more like a big time college program than any other NBA team.

I thinkt he best fan base should be determined by looking at a fan base over a long stretch of time whent he team is good and when it isnt good. (warriors are in that conversation- even when they are horrible).

Some people will say- well some teams are in cities where the economy has really hit hard (Detroit)- but detroit always has been a blue collar town lol not just when they are bad. People all of a sudden cant afford to pay for a losing team? weak sauce!!

LOl Oakland isnt exactly great ont he job market either- but most of the bay area is

I agree 100% one of the greatest moments of my life was seeing them play.

BUT... Warriors fans voting for Warriors. Even when it's right, looks like a homer vote. Just calling it before someone tries to take a dig.

Bruno
11-23-2014, 06:11 PM
I like the bucks fans in bucks forums. they like talking ball.

Miltstar
11-23-2014, 06:16 PM
My vote goes to Detroit... malice at the palace baby!

canzano55
11-23-2014, 06:34 PM
I don't know the best but I definitely know the worst - Atlanta Hawks supporters. That arena is a graveyard.

Seizabmc
11-23-2014, 06:52 PM
The New York Knicks had / has / and alway will have the most passionate and die hard fan base ever.
Even when the team struggles we are still supporting them.
Every game is praticly sold out .
And there are more knock fans at away games than any other fan base out there.
Just look at the Knicks forum and see for yourself how many post we get .

Although the rapts fans have been surprising as of late.
Gsw stand behind there team.
Okc is a tough place to play.
The Kings get loud.
And of course the lakers.
But with the lakers, they won so many chips that it's hard for them not to have a loyal fan base.
Let's see what happens when they are losing.

A loyal fan base is when the fans suport the team through the good the bad and the ugly.
That's why the Knicks have the best fan base.
We are also not afraid to boo the Knicks when they deserve it.
But we still show up every game!!!

MrfadeawayJB
11-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Seattle

WVNowitzki
11-23-2014, 07:10 PM

Haha, nice...I like this. I agree with this guy.

Minimal
11-23-2014, 07:17 PM
OKC, Warriors, Portland

Goose17
11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
OKC, Warriors, Portland

Portland is a great shout^ forgot about them.

andy2518
11-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Okc.

andy2518
11-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Homer Vote - Warriors.

Ya, I don't know any other fan base that burned their star player's jersey after he left. lol

jerellh528
11-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Non homer pick, okc or gs

smith&wesson
11-23-2014, 09:49 PM

:confused:

Sly Guy
11-23-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd say the raps, but that'd be homer. I'd say the knicks, if only cuz their fans piss the hell out of me, and that's usually a good sign.

BBB
11-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Raptors Warriors for sure

I hate Boston but they seem to always have a good crowd.

omdigga
11-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Toronto fanbase got my respect during last seasons playoffs... it looked like a fun atmosphere.

The warriors have a solid fanbase.. the arena is always rocking.

Johnnydawla
11-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Ummm no- they are passionate (the ones that show up)- but their attendance isnt the same when the team isnt good. You are aware that its a miracle they werent moved to seattle. Heck, they arent even as loyal as the warriors fans up the road- and half the warriors fans hate the owners for wanting to move them to SF

The bad attendance you are referring to was mainly a general boycott of the Maloofs. The fans were lied to countless times by those scumbags, and people wouldn't support them anymore. (Myself included) Notice now with new ownership our games are once again sold out. Even before the early success this season, once Ranadive took over the fans came back.

likemystylez
11-24-2014, 02:38 PM
The bad attendance you are referring to was mainly a general boycott of the Maloofs. The fans were lied to countless times by those scumbags, and people wouldn't support them anymore. (Myself included) Notice now with new ownership our games are once again sold out. Even before the early success this season, once Ranadive took over the fans came back.

well the best fanbase will support their team no matter what. LOL Warriors owners lie to the fans all the time. they promise the playoffs, they dont mention that boguts minor surgery was a microfracture surgery, LOL they get booed at chris mullins retirement ceremony- LOL but the fans show up

valade16
11-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Homer pick is the Blazers but I know Jazz and Warriors fans are really passionate about their teams and not completely absurd like some fan bases can be.