PDA

View Full Version : Southwest vs. Field

ricky recon
11-23-2014, 02:35 PM
If you had to bet on who would win the NBA Championship today, would you take a team from the NBA Southwest, or any other team in the NBA?

Memphis
San Antonio
Dallas
Houston
New Orleans

Looks like they could end up being one of the best divisions in recent memory.

abe_froman
11-23-2014, 02:40 PM
give me the field

KnicksorBust
11-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Cool thread idea but I cant take N.O., Memphis, Dallas serious as title contenders.

Miltstar
11-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Cool thread idea but I cant take N.O., Memphis, Dallas serious as title contenders.

Why? It's as wide open as it's ever been... I would say that the 2014-15 Mavericks are better on paper than the 2010-11 Mavericks that won the title

For me it's pretty close to 50/50 ... I think this is a good year for someone new to step up and grab the belt (Raptors!?!?!)

GritGrind7
11-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Why not? Smaller markets?

c.c.
11-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Dallas is recognized as a Large market. San Antonio is a small market and "KnicksorBust" didn't mention them so I don't get your post.

GritGrind7
11-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Dallas is recognized as a Large market. San Antonio is a small market and "KnicksorBust" didn't mention them so I don't get your post.

He said he can't take Memphis, Dallas, or new Orleans as serious contenders. Memphis, NO are smaller markets. SA is small market but no ones not considering them a contender so moot point.

ThuglifeJ
11-23-2014, 09:25 PM
If you could swap golden state and Chicago/Portland/healthy okc with Houston and new Orleans you have your contenders.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
11-23-2014, 10:33 PM

I don't understand how you can't see Memphis and Dallas as title contenders but you believe Houston (I'm assuming you believe this since you failed to mention them) is when Memphis is clearly a better team and Dallas is basically right there with Houston.

Ariza's Better
11-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Give me the southwest.

Cal827
11-23-2014, 10:49 PM
I'll take the field. The Raptors are unbeaten against the Southwest Division so far this year anyways :D

Thumper 88
11-23-2014, 11:02 PM
He can't take Dallas because he's mad Phil traded Tyson

albertajaysfan
11-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Good question. I like the thread idea. I am going to give a slight edge to the Southwest.

Two teams led by great coaches in Dallas and San Antonio. Memphis playing great this year. Houston have stepped up and I will admit I was skeptical about them coming into the year. Only team from that division I don't consider a contender for this year is New Orleans. But they have improved tremendously. If they could get any sort of value for Eric Gordon though look out.

mightybosstone
11-24-2014, 09:53 AM
If you could swap golden state and Chicago/Portland/healthy okc with Houston and new Orleans you have your contenders.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to chime in with a Rockets insult. You're so predictable that you've become boring. If you're going to be a troll, at least be original.

valade16
11-24-2014, 10:13 AM

The only reason I couldn't take them as serious contenders is because I don't think they'd beat SA in a series, which makes me want to pick the Southwest vs. the field even more.

Goose17
11-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Good question, I think this is the Warriors year (like I do every year) but aside from them I think San Antonio and Memphis have a real shot. Houston have some sort of chance it's more about whether or not they can run the gauntlet in the west. Dallas will fall off imo, their defense is crap and will only get worse, that great offense won't keep them as a top 4 seed, not in the mighty West.

I want to see Toronto in the finals. Just a side note.

albertajaysfan
11-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Good question, I think this is the Warriors year (like I do every year) but aside from them I think San Antonio and Memphis have a real shot. Houston have some sort of chance it's more about whether or not they can run the gauntlet in the west. Dallas will fall off imo, their defense is crap and will only get worse, that great offense won't keep them as a top 4 seed, not in the mighty West.

I want to see Toronto in the finals. Just a side note.

I am hoping for a Golden State vs. Toronto finals. I think both arenas would be crazy.

Give me a good excuse to go visit an old friend in San Fran or visit my cousin who has Raps season tickets. Plus both cities are beautiful at that time of year.

Goose17
11-25-2014, 04:23 PM
I am hoping for a Golden State vs. Toronto finals. I think both arenas would be crazy.

Give me a good excuse to go visit an old friend in San Fran or visit my cousin who has Raps season tickets. Plus both cities are beautiful at that time of year.

Holy crap, that would be an amazing atmosphere for both home and road games on either side. Records would probably be broken with the amount of noise.

If the Warriors make it to the finals I will definitely be making that trip.

albertajaysfan
11-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Holy crap, that would be an amazing atmosphere for both home and road games on either side. Records would probably be broken with the amount of noise.

If the Warriors make it to the finals I will definitely be making that trip.

You don't live in the Bay Area?