PDA

View Full Version : Who's your pick for 6th man of the year up to now?

Bigbadmoffo
11-23-2014, 02:15 AM
Who's been the most valuable bench player up to now?

albertajaysfan
11-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Lou Williams

BKdoubleStacker
11-23-2014, 02:31 AM
Jamal Crawford

abe_froman
11-23-2014, 02:31 AM
taj gibson was def among the top candidates again,but his recovery time might take him out of the running

SF8
11-23-2014, 02:54 AM
Gerald Green and Isaiah Thomas have both been balling.

Lou Williams has been big this season also.

Has to be one of those 3 guys thus far this season.

king4day
11-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Haven't seen lou Williams so I can't speak for him yet. Isaiah Thomas seems to be averaging around 20 a game. He'll be in the running until the end for sure

ewing
11-23-2014, 03:06 AM
Haven't seen lou Williams so I can't speak for him yet. Isaiah Thomas seems to be averaging around 20 a game. He'll be in the running until the end for sure

that was a really good contract they signed him too. I don't know where they are going with that back court but he is definitely an asset.

ThuglifeJ
11-23-2014, 03:23 AM
Idk what that Shawne Williams guys role is but he's been racking up the fantasy points for me for dirt cheap. Think he's off the bench..

RaiderKid318
11-23-2014, 04:20 AM
I'll throw in something different and from a homer perspective. Anderson for Nola.

nastynice
11-23-2014, 04:23 AM
I probably don't watch enough of other teams to really have a proper opinion, but I've always felt that Jamal Crawford is just the PERFECT mold of what you want a 6th man to be. The guy can create his own shots from anywhere on the court.

dalton749
11-23-2014, 04:28 AM
lou williams or ryan anderson

theGhost-isGone
11-23-2014, 04:33 AM

IT is who I was going to say. Phoenix looks real good right now.

ilovesports
11-23-2014, 06:39 AM
sweet lou... raps may be flirting with .500 without him

Goose17
11-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Still far too early, gun to my head though? I would take Ryan Anderson.

mightybosstone
11-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Right now, I'd probably give it to Lou Williams or Isaiah Thomas. Both guys are playing the most efficient basketball of their entire careers while contributing to winning basketball teams. I'd give the slightest of edges to Williams because Toronto has the best record in the league.

FraziersKnicks
11-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Surprised Brandan Wright hasn't been mentioned yet.

Dude is average 10 points, 4 boards and 1.5 blocks attempting only 5 shots a game and is shooting nearly 80%!

It's between Ryan Anderson, Jamal Crawford or Isaiah Thomas though. Lou Williams isn't close to any of those guys in terms of 6th man candidacy yet.

Miltstar
11-23-2014, 09:35 AM
that was a really good contract they signed him too. I don't know where they are going with that back court but he is definitely an asset.

To the NBA finals of course!!

mightybosstone
11-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Surprised Brandan Wright hasn't been mentioned yet.

Dude is average 10 points, 4 boards and 1.5 blocks attempting only 5 shots a game and is shooting nearly 80%!
Hadn't thought about him, but he's a legitimate candidate. I wonder at what point the other 29 NBA teams will realize that this guy is more than capable of being a competent starting NBA center and offers him a huge contract. He's been underrated for years.

It's between Ryan Anderson, Jamal Crawford or Isaiah Thomas though. Lou Williams isn't close to any of those guys in terms of 6th man candidacy yet.
Normally I'd agree with you, but Williams has those guys beat statistically right now. He's killing it. Granted all of this is a moot point. We're still talking about a pretty damn small sample size. The candidates will more than likely change as the season progresses.

likemystylez
11-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Jamal Crawford

LOL 6th man of the yr usually doesnt go to a team that is underperforming

Chrisclover
11-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Raptors' 6th man. The team is the first in the east.

mightybosstone
11-23-2014, 11:25 AM
LOL 6th man of the yr usually doesnt go to a team that is underperforming

7-4 in the West is pretty good. It's early in the season and Crawford won the award a year ago. You're kidding yourself if you think he's not a serious contender for the award.

Miltstar
11-23-2014, 11:56 AM

It could be argued that Lou is doing more with less playing time, he has the best per 36 scoring average of the bunch

ghettosean
11-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Lou Williams

This

ghettosean
11-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Still far too early, gun to my head though? I would take Ryan Anderson.

Wouldn't mind if he won at all

IndyRealist
11-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Idk what that Shawne Williams guys role is but he's been racking up the fantasy points for me for dirt cheap. Think he's off the bench..

Shawne Williams is an athletic stretch 4. He starts though.

FraziersKnicks
11-23-2014, 01:34 PM
The reason I'm not taking Lou is because he literally does nothing else than score. The other 3 candidates all give you something else. Isaiah, Jamal provide playmaking and Anderson gives you rebounding. They're also giving you more minutes off the bench and giving the starters a longer rest whereas Lou isn't even cracking 20 MPG at the moment.

Sly Guy
11-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Lou Williams

this. Guy's been incredible. I don't expect it to last all season, but the first month, wow, he's been crazy.

HoopsDrive
11-23-2014, 02:42 PM
The reason I'm not taking Lou is because he literally does nothing else than score. The other 3 candidates all give you something else. Isaiah, Jamal provide playmaking and Anderson gives you rebounding. They're also giving you more minutes off the bench and giving the starters a longer rest whereas Lou isn't even cracking 20 MPG at the moment.

I tend to agree except I don't think less minutes is really that significant, Lou's impact on limited minutes has been great so as long as he's being effective in those minutes.

I'd pick IT over Lou as well atm.

JEDean89
11-23-2014, 06:12 PM
People will hate but Amare is averaging like 14 and 7 in 20 minutes with a 23 PER. not bad for an over the hill guy with no knees.

R. Johnson#3
11-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I haven't watched Isaiah but his numbers are nice. I have been watching Lou and he's been absolutely great.

tredigs
11-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Statistically it's Brandan Wright. He's playing just shy of 20 mpg, but has been flat out dominant from an efficiency standpoint while playing outstanding D. Dude's scoring double digits on nearly 80% from the field. It's possible he averages double digits in those limited minutes on >70% from the field for the year (was close last season), which would be a 1st. Also leads the league in WS/48 (at a rate that would be by far the highest in history).

Raps18-19 Champ
11-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Lou Williams since they have the better record but Thomas will win it.

IndyRealist
11-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Statistically it's Brandan Wright. He's playing just shy of 20 mpg, but has been flat out dominant from an efficiency standpoint while playing outstanding D. Dude's scoring double digits on nearly 80% from the field. It's possible he averages double digits in those limited minutes on >70% from the field for the year (was close last season), which would be a 1st. Also leads the league in WS/48 (at a rate that would be by far the highest in history).

Unfortunately the only two things that matter for the 6th man of the year award is points per game and team record. I'd guess there is also a built in skew toward perimeter players as well. Brandan Wright's been underrated almost his entire career. Even Cuban has understated his impact on various blogs (in reference to whether you should start him/give him starter's minutes). I don't feel like looking it up, but it's on wagesofwins.com during the discussions on signed Chris Kaman (which was widely praised at the time, except at Wages of Wins).

dalton749
11-24-2014, 02:52 AM
mo speights has been impressive so far

albertajaysfan
11-24-2014, 03:30 AM

Before this season I always thought of Lou as a terrible defender as well. I have been quite surprised what he has brought on that end of the court.

I believe that the fact he is averaging 13.4 ppg in 19.4 mpg is more impressive not less.

Plus I am not sold that Isaiah Thomas is making the Suns a better team, not saying that he isn't I am just not convinced as of this moment. Whereas Lou has been a very important piece for the Raps this season. He has provided a huge lift in a lot of wins. Obviously I have watched way more Raptors games this season then Suns games.

albertajaysfan
11-24-2014, 03:31 AM

Never thought of him but great suggestion.

Will be interesting to see who sustains their levels of play to win the award.

Mckphins
11-24-2014, 04:01 AM
Ryan Anderson has to be a contender, just has to stay consistent

Chrisclover
11-25-2014, 09:37 PM
People will hate but Amare is averaging like 14 and 7 in 20 minutes with a 23 PER. not bad for an over the hill guy with no knees.
Amare was my idol. I hope he can regain some degree of dominance soon, which is not likely, to be honest.

Crackadalic
11-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Lou williams. They seem to give it to guys who are on winning teams

FriedTofuz
11-25-2014, 09:58 PM

That just shows you how good he is. Lou also has the highest PER out of the other guys mentioned. Lou produces in a lot less minutes than Crawford or Anderson,