Miltstar
11-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Why no Poll?

jerellh528
11-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Noel
Randle
Gordon

However, I think randle has the best career because I don't see Noel reaching his peak potential

SF8
11-23-2014, 01:06 AM
I don't think Noel even has higher potential than his fellow draft class big man Alex Len.

bucketss
11-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Gordon
Noel

randle.

jerellh528
11-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Gordon
Noel

randle.

Curious, what do you see in Gordon that you like more than Noel and randle?

abe_froman
11-23-2014, 01:43 AM
gordon
noel
randle

abe_froman
11-23-2014, 01:49 AM
gordon is an athletic freak,he was always tagged as a high ceiling,boom or bust guy.while the other two were seen as lower ceiling guys,but more likely to be solid types

FraziersKnicks
11-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Gordon
Noel
Randle

likemystylez
11-23-2014, 10:24 AM

Gordon is a top top tier athlete and he plays both sides of the ball already

JAZZNC
11-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Gordon has easily the highest potential. I really wanted the Jazz to draft him this past year. The guy has elite athleticism that you have to have to be a star, plays excellent defense, and just plays hard. His dribbling ability also gives him a leg up on the other two.

5ass
11-23-2014, 10:43 AM
If I trusted noel's body I'd put him right there with Gordon. I just don't think he'll have a long career in todays NBA. I'm not a huge fan of Randle, he could be an all star one day, but he won't be as impactful on the game as the other two IMO.

Chrisclover
11-23-2014, 11:20 AM
I hope it is Randle who ranks first but it may be Noel. Though lanky, he is pretty much an incredible defensive talent.

Miltstar
11-23-2014, 11:57 AM
it's not like we actually have any NBA footage to judge Randle on either

MrfadeawayJB
11-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Noel and randle have higher potential to get hurt, so I might just go with Gordon.

bucketss
11-23-2014, 10:23 PM

athleticism. Freak athleticism.

SeoulBeatz
11-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Noel and randle have higher potential to get hurt, so I might just go with Gordon.

who is currently injured... just sayin

blahblahyoutoo
11-23-2014, 11:52 PM
OP, I genuinely applaud you for using the words "potential" and "ceiling" and not "upside".

MrfadeawayJB
11-24-2014, 01:04 AM

I didn't know that lol. But the other two are still more injury prone IMO

Iron24th
11-24-2014, 05:41 AM

good call

ManningToTyree
11-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Noel
Randle
Gordon

macc
11-24-2014, 01:15 PM
I think potential wise it's Gordon. I see Noel having a ceiling like Tyson Chandler. A defensive stopper who can score on occasion. Though as stated above, I can see Noel getting injured alot. Julius I think will be at minimum a starter in this league and very possibly an all star. He's prob the most for sure thing of the 3.

Gordon however has to highest ceiling. He's a freak athlete. I would argue that he's more athletic then Blake Griffin. He has handles and is 6'8'' with great size. He has superstar 'potential' will he reach that potential? Who knows, but he has the tools to get there. He is a project. He's the youngest player in the NBA. 18 years old, so it will take a couple years to really see what he can turn into.

http://youtu.be/w5YWifmbedY Check out this vid. He's crazy the skill set the kid has at such a young age.

2-ONE-5
11-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Gordon and Noel are pretty similar, neither can shoot orhas much of an offensive game.

kozelkid
11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
If I trusted noel's body I'd put him right there with Gordon. I just don't think he'll have a long career in todays NBA. I'm not a huge fan of Randle, he could be an all star one day, but he won't be as impactful on the game as the other two IMO.
Noel reminds me of Theo Ratliff in so many ways.

JEDean89
11-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Gordon is gonna be something special, book it. I think he will be more of a finesse player then a power player but i think a 20 and 8 guy with absolutely spectacular defense. his defense is the best out of the 3, and he has a better offensive ceiling than Noel. Magic have some nice pieces, I like him at PF next to Vucevic.

cg_la00
11-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Gordon has easily the highest potential. I really wanted the Jazz to draft him this past year. The guy has elite athleticism that you have to have to be a star, plays excellent defense, and just plays hard. His dribbling ability also gives him a leg up on the other two.

you obviously havent seen randle's dribbling before. the guy can take it coast to coast if he wanted to.

if he didnt have that freak injury he would definitely be leading the league in RYO honors. He's not even injury prone people, he just had bad luck and honestly i dont see him having a "zach randolph" ceiling, i have him at a charles barkley ceiling

2-ONE-5
11-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Gordon is gonna be something special, book it. I think he will be more of a finesse player then a power player but i think a 20 and 8 guy with absolutely spectacular defense. his defense is the best out of the 3, and he has a better offensive ceiling than Noel. Magic have some nice pieces, I like him at PF next to Vucevic.

20ppg for Gordon? come on now. i love the kid as a fit next to Vuc going forward but like Noel his impact isnt coming in the PPG area.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2014, 09:40 AM
you obviously havent seen randle's dribbling before. the guy can take it coast to coast if he wanted to.

if he didnt have that freak injury he would definitely be leading the league in RYO honors. He's not even injury prone people, he just had bad luck and honestly i dont see him having a "zach randolph" ceiling, i have him at a charles barkley ceiling

wow come now no need to compare him to an all-time great who he plays nothing like. Randle is gonna be an all star down the line but he is def closer to Z-Bo than Chuck and its not even close

5ass
11-25-2014, 10:06 AM
20ppg for Gordon? come on now. i love the kid as a fit next to Vuc going forward but like Noel his impact isnt coming in the PPG area.

He gets so many easy buckets, 20 PPG is possible. He is and will be a better offensive player than noel.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2014, 10:49 AM
He gets so many easy buckets, 20 PPG is possible. He is and will be a better offensive player than noel.

has he even learned to shoot a jumper yet? If the Magic are contending its not bcuz Gordon is scoring 20 a night its bcuz he is stuffing the stat sheet while avg more like 12 a game with the occasional big scoring night. you cant run an offense through Noel or Gordon nor can either be a top 3 scoring option on a good team.

crewfan13
11-25-2014, 11:07 AM
On terms of straight potential and who has the highest ceiling, its Gordon, Noel then Randle is a ways down. That's not saying he can't be good, but he just no where near has the physical tools the other two have.

I wasn't huge on Gordon coming out, and I'm still not entirely sold on him. He is a great athlete and should be a really good defender for years to come, but if he's playing 3 and can't shoot, that's a really tough sell to really be a great player. Sure his handles are pretty good, but that was comparing him to other 4s coming out. He rarely created his own shot in college whether it be isos or post ups. He's just so raw offensively and doesn't really have a defining skill on that side of the ball besides jumping really high and dunking.

5ass
11-25-2014, 11:45 AM
has he even learned to shoot a jumper yet? If the Magic are contending its not bcuz Gordon is scoring 20 a night its bcuz he is stuffing the stat sheet while avg more like 12 a game with the occasional big scoring night. you cant run an offense through Noel or Gordon nor can either be a top 3 scoring option on a good team.

Yes his jumper has improved, and you know, he just turned 19 a couple of months ago. He can handle the ball. Finish in the paint. Soft touch. He will be able to run the pick n roll. He's going to be a beast in transition. They're not the same type of player offensively. I think he can average 18-20 PPG in his prime. Do I think he'll ever be the type of player that you can throw the ball to and watch him score? No, but he'll be able to expose mismatches sometimes.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2014, 12:01 PM
highly doubt he ever scores 18-20 for a full season he just doesnt have the skill set to do that.

crewfan13
11-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Yes his jumper has improved, and you know, he just turned 19 a couple of months ago. He can handle the ball. Finish in the paint. Soft touch. He will be able to run the pick n roll. He's going to be a beast in transition. They're not the same type of player offensively. I think he can average 18-20 PPG in his prime. Do I think he'll ever be the type of player that you can throw the ball to and watch him score? No, but he'll be able to expose mismatches sometimes.

20 points a night is not a guy who can occasionally exploit mismatches. 20 points a night is the guy you can feed the ball night in and night out.

albertajaysfan
11-25-2014, 04:07 PM
I think potential wise it's Gordon. I see Noel having a ceiling like Tyson Chandler. A defensive stopper who can score on occasion. Though as stated above, I can see Noel getting injured alot. Julius I think will be at minimum a starter in this league and very possibly an all star. He's prob the most for sure thing of the 3.

Gordon however has to highest ceiling. He's a freak athlete. I would argue that he's more athletic then Blake Griffin. He has handles and is 6'8'' with great size. He has superstar 'potential' will he reach that potential? Who knows, but he has the tools to get there. He is a project. He's the youngest player in the NBA. 18 years old, so it will take a couple years to really see what he can turn into.

http://youtu.be/w5YWifmbedY Check out this vid. He's crazy the skill set the kid has at such a young age.

I agree with about everything except for a minor factual thing. Bruno Caboclo is a couple days younger.

5ass
11-25-2014, 10:02 PM
20 points a night is not a guy who can occasionally exploit mismatches. 20 points a night is the guy you can feed the ball night in and night out.

You can if you hustle and get easy buckets. Kenneth fareid averaged 18 per 36 minutes last year. I project Gordon will have a better offensive game I think in his prime, for at least one season he can average 18-20 PPG IF he develops a decent jumpshot. That's just my opinion and reasoning. He's quick, he can handle the ball, take his defender to the paint and if he sticks with him, he has a soft touch, and already has a nice turnaround fall away jumper in the paint.

2-ONE-5
11-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Faried is career 12ppg scorer which is exactly what gordon will be. PER36 is only a suggestion and doesnt mean anything.

5ass
11-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Faried is career 12ppg scorer which is exactly what gordon will be. PER36 is only a suggestion and doesnt mean anything.

Its not a suggestion, its a projection. Might not be 100% accurate, but its not a suggestion lol. Not sure why you're talking career numbers, im clearly talking prime. Are you telling me that fareid couldnt have averaged atleast 15-16 points last year if he played 36 min? Are you telling me gordon will never have a better offensive game than faried? You do know that gordon is already showing a jumpShot right? He also has great handles for a guy his size.

2-ONE-5
11-26-2014, 11:52 AM
suggestion/projection same thing really. Gordons offense is incredibly similar to Faried with a better handle but who cares about his handle bcuz its not like he will ever be asked to handle the ball like that in Orlando with Payton and Dipo there. Im not gonna argue any further bcuz everyone has already told you why Gordon isnt a 20ppg player and I am a fan of the kid anyway so i dont want to sit her and have to talk him down.

5ass
11-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Ok you obviously havent watched enough of him if you think his ceiling offensively is current fareid. Im going to leave it at that. Who's everyone? I've only replied to one other poster.. I wasnt the only one to claim he can get 18-20 ppg either.

JAZZNC
11-26-2014, 04:07 PM

Yes I have seen Randle's dribbling and it's not as good as Gordon's. Simple as that. I've seen Shaq take it coast to coast before, but that doesn't make him a guy who can dribble.

And seriously....Barkley....seriously!?!?

macc
11-26-2014, 05:21 PM
It sucks that Randell and most likely Gordon are out this year because of injuries.

DillyDill
11-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Noel just on his defensive impact alone, it will be better than both.

Tony_Starks
11-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Gordon has serious game but will have to develop the fundamentals.

Randle already has the fundamentals but it will be a matter of health.

Noel isn't fundamentally sound AND health is a concern.

Of the three Randle is physically built to have the biggest impact with his style of play. It's below the rim ZBo style ball....

2-ONE-5
11-26-2014, 10:41 PM
how is health a concern for Noel when he is the only one of the 3 playing?