PDA

View Full Version : Did Lebron Make the Wrong Decision To Go Back To Cleveland?

RocketLoc80
11-22-2014, 05:57 AM
I am one to preach patience but it seems to me that this could teater on blowing up in any minute because he don`t look the same out there. He seems like he just going through the motions and it doesn`t help things when he is not even trying on defense now.I am starting to think that maybe the puntinants are right and Lebron would`ve been better off staying in Miami. Thing is that they probably rebuild around Lebron and he becomes the face of the franchise once Wade calls it quits. But I think I see several problems here and a theory. I think for one people were in his ear about him going back to the Cavs would be a brilliant PR move and that he wouldn`t be a villian anymore wearing the black hat and people wouldn`t question his greatness from people saying Wade and Bosh carried him to 2 rings and the whole decision fiasco people from the fans to some greats like Charles Barkley held against him. But I am afriad this whole thing won`t work out because seems like this Cavs team is not built for the long haul like those Heat teams were. And it doesn`t help that Kyrie has poor decision making and over dribbles to were it hurts the offense. Love seems lost on defense and gets bullied down lown but any other big in the league. Tristan Thompson been a disappointment and is a scrub to the fullest. And Waiters just seems like a me guy and has a thick skull and doesn`t want to listen. Thing is though this could hurt Lebron`s legacy and all time standing if he doesn`t win in Cleveland and only comes out of his career with 2 rings.

jerellh528
11-22-2014, 07:00 AM
They just need to gel. That Miami team was built around him specifically over the span of 4 years, it played to his strengths. This cavs team seems more thrown together kind of randomly but it's still has 3 all stars on it. Lebron isn't the easiest player to play with though, as his star cast members usually have to sacrifice a lot to accommodate his game. I still think for this cavs team to be succesful, love needs to be the focal point of the offense while James plays cleanup, getting majority of his points on put backs, transition and things of that sort, his skills fit that mold well. Kyrie maybe plays the closer and focuses on including him teammates more throughout. The players just don't know their roles, I blame the hc first but lebron needs to step up more into a leadership role, he's the guy with two rings on that squad, he seems just as lost and going through the motions as everyone else, also his defense has been slipping for years, but this year seems to be even worse, we know he can play better on that side of the ball at least.. He needs to rally these guys but I don't know if he'd rather be thier buddy than thier leader.

MonroeFAN
11-22-2014, 07:17 AM
The problem is that they have a rookie coach. His success overseas means very little here, and I seriously can't believe the Cavs FO. They were basically handed a golden ticket this year, get a darn coach.

koreancabbage
11-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Lebron can't win with people's opinion with threads like these.

Omg it's his opinion. He and his teammates still needs to get with his team and people are learning everyone's tendencies and plays.

Playing defense is still something Irving and Love needs to buy into.

SF8
11-22-2014, 08:00 AM
He didn't leave Miami because he thought Cleveland will give him a better chance at winning a ring this year.

He left Miami because he wants go back home and wants to raise and his family and kids in the town that he grew up in.

I'm sure if the kids had their choice, they'd rather grow up in Miami than Cleveland though.

Did people seriously not read the part in his essay where he said something to effect of "We will have our struggles, it's gonna be hard as ******, I won't promise a title cause I realize how hard that will be with this group, we won't become a good team until we overcome lot of adversity" etc?

Honestly, the fans are the only ones who expected the Cavs to start off the season great. Nobody else, even LBJ, expected it.

The same fans who will bash LeBron if he doesn't find the cure for Ebola and walk on the moon soon.

jerellh528
11-22-2014, 08:05 AM
He didn't leave Miami because he thought Cleveland will give him a better chance at winning a ring this year.

He left Miami because he wants go back home and wants to raise and his family and kids in the town that he grew up in.

I'm sure if the kids had their choice, they'd rather grow up in Miami than Cleveland though.

Did people seriously not read the part in his essay where he said something to effect of "We will have our struggles, it's gonna be hard as ******, I won't promise a title cause I realize how hard that will be with this group, we won't become a good team until we overcome lot of adversity" etc?

Honestly, the fans are the only ones who expected the Cavs to start off the season great. Nobody else, even LBJ, expected it.

The same fans who will bash LeBron if he doesn't find the cure for Ebola and walk on the moon soon.

They already found a cure

archdevil84
11-22-2014, 08:43 AM
its because lebron lost weight. he isnt the human tank anymore that he used to be. He could just mash over everyone and get a and one thunder dunk all day. also the cleveland crowd is horrible

Htownballa1622
11-22-2014, 09:51 AM
its because lebron lost weight. he isnt the human tank anymore that he used to be. He could just mash over everyone and get a and one thunder dunk all day. also the cleveland crowd is horrible

If the Cleveland crowd is horrible, what does that make the Miami crowd?

likemystylez
11-22-2014, 10:32 AM
The problem is that they have a rookie coach. His success overseas means very little here, and I seriously can't believe the Cavs FO. They were basically handed a golden ticket this year, get a darn coach.

Not sure id blame it all on the coach- players have the ability to impact the game more than a coach... im sure blatt didnt tell lebron to turn that ball over against the spuirs in the last 30 seconds. (I think that would be a bad thing to do in Europe or the NBA)

likemystylez
11-22-2014, 10:32 AM

and thats why kevin loves numbers are down significantly?

likemystylez
11-22-2014, 10:36 AM

Well the media automatically listed them as a top 3 team in the league before they even played a game. After watching the 2012-2013 lakers project blow up- they shouyld have atleasted waited to see if the pieces fit together.

The good new is- they still have what it takes to get into the top half of the east and look like a solid team. Unfortunately- most of the playoff teams in the west are gonna be too much for the cavs to handle top to bottom

kobebabe
11-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Call me crazy but I think this team would do much better if they had a PG like Rondo to run the team. Kyrie is not the guy to build around a dominant player like LBJ. He is a Me 1st kind of PG and Love to shoot the ball before setting up his teammates. I am not suggesting Kyrie is the sole problem but he is a big part of their problems

Big Zo
11-22-2014, 11:43 AM
"I'm gonna leave a proven championship organization put together by Pat Riley, so I can go to a clueless one in Cleveland." Yeah, seems like a great decision...

ldawg
11-22-2014, 11:50 AM
no they made a mistake going after Love he is a looser.

TylerSL
11-22-2014, 12:10 PM
He chose to completely start over and walked away from a better team by going back to Cleveland. That said the challenge of winning a championship in Cleveland, a town who has not won a professional championship in over 50 years, is greater than winning one with Miami. Granted a title is a title in the grand scope of things and rings speak for themselves, but he would get monuments in Cleveland if he brought them a championship. It would be a little like the Cubs winning a world series. While the Cubs have not won in a lot longer than the Cavaliers, at least Chicago has had the Blackhawks winning the last couple years, unlike Cleveland.

He realistically could have had a 8-9 year run with the Heat where they win 4-5 titles and go to 5-6 consecutive NBA Finals and cement Miami as one of the greatest teams of all time. When we get into greatest team of all time discussions, it could have been the 60's Celtics, 80's Celtics and Lakers, 90's Bulls, Duncan era Spurs, and the 10's Miami Heat only if he would have stayed. Instead he chose to leave that team in his prime and start over with another team. If his heart was in Cleveland and this decision was based more on the want to end their championship drought then how can we say he made a mistake? However if he thought he was going into a better situation and was going to have better teammates immediately he would have been mistaken in that regard.

Cal827
11-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I think that Love has been exposed greatly so far this year. He's definitely not a superstar, but he's been pretty bad this year. Still getting like 16-10, but on horrid shooting and also part of the front court that's been giving up the most points inside in the league. At least with Bosh, he became very good defensively while in Miami when his numbers fell down. Hopefully for Cav fans, Love starts to develop his defensive game.

Cleveland needs to get supporting defensive players on the interior.

Another thing that was brought up was Lebron's change in weight. He's faster now, but not as bulky to take on the people inside.

But again, this is only a start. There's a ton of time for change, the Cavs are 5-6. Miami struggled early on, going 9-8, but then pretty much killed everybody. Now, I think the East is a bit stronger than it was back then (making a run down a bit harder), and while Cleveland is lacking another superstar on that team, they could still very well go on a hot streak and win the East. Lebron has to be more ball dominant. **** Uncle Drew, he's the best player in the world :laugh2:

Miltstar
11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Lebron is probably the most overrated player of all time

blahblahyoutoo
11-22-2014, 12:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

and akron is even ********.

blahblahyoutoo
11-22-2014, 12:50 PM
no they made a mistake going after Love he is a looser.

is that with or without a few drinks?

SF8
11-22-2014, 01:28 PM

I'm not saying it's a good town but that doesn't change the fact that's it's his hometown.

Back when him and his momma were probably dirt poor, that s**t town is where he lived.

ghettosean
11-22-2014, 01:32 PM

I'm not saying it's a good town but that doesn't change the fact that's it's his hometown.

Back when him and his momma were probably dirt poor, that s**t town is where he lived.

That s**t town is also where he left in his prime to win a few easy rings in hot sunny Miami (after promising the fans he'd never leave until he wins a ring in Cleveland).

blahblahyoutoo
11-22-2014, 01:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Htownballa1622
11-22-2014, 02:17 PM
"I'm gonna leave a proven championship organization put together by Pat Riley, so I can go to a clueless one in Cleveland." Yeah, seems like a great decision...

"I'm going to stick around with a declining star that can't stay on the floor as we just got spanked in finals by an average of 15 ppg instead of going home where there is talent that could POTENTIALLY grow into a championship cast."

Seems like a much better decision...

Big Zo
11-22-2014, 02:31 PM
"I'm going to stick around with a declining star that can't stay on the floor as we just got spanked in finals by an average of 15 ppg instead of going home where there is talent that could POTENTIALLY grow into a championship cast."

Seems like a much better decision...

Kyrie Irving has missed more games than Wade these last few years. Fact.

Yanks All Day
11-22-2014, 02:54 PM
The 2010 Heat team started 9-8. LeBron and Wade had trouble figuring out when to take over. That's with the stars having played together with Team USA. People seem to forget that because they hit their stride and the last 4 years happened.

This Cavs team has all it needs to compete. It'll just take time to gel. Eventually, they'll find roles and they'll get on a roll as well. They're 5-6 through 11 games. Let's be real. There's 71 more regular season games. They've got the best player in the world, arguably the best rebounder in the league, and a young star point guard who can take over a game when LeBron's out. Cleveland will be just fine.

JWO35
11-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Yes

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Call me crazy but I think this team would do much better if they had a PG like Rondo to run the team. Kyrie is not the guy to build around a dominant player like LBJ. He is a Me 1st kind of PG and Love to shoot the ball before setting up his teammates. I am not suggesting Kyrie is the sole problem but he is a big part of their problems

I agree the Cavs do need a pass first pg. Also a good chance Love could walk away as a free agent. So Wiggins was sacrificed for nothing.

archdevil84
11-22-2014, 03:21 PM
and thats why kevin loves numbers are down significantly?

i'm just talking trash here. dont take my words for real ;)

Bruno
11-22-2014, 05:21 PM
considering the fact that he's never had a great center, and has had great success as a PF- i'm kind of surprised he didn't demand an anchor instead of Kevin Love. but its too early.

call me crazy, and I'm not saying he'll be a Laker, but Cleveland should be worried about holding onto love, IMO. not sure if its the best fit for him. not because of LBJ, more so Kyrie.

Goose17
11-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Nah, this isn't just new team mates it's new coaching staff as well. Give them a full season to gel then see what happens. Honestly, even if he only wins one more title, this was still the right move, he bought himself a life time of forgiveness from his home city.

Crackadalic
11-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Kevin Love Might pull a dwight howard and sign somewhere else

Pierzynski4Prez
11-22-2014, 06:07 PM
11 games

nastynice
11-22-2014, 06:36 PM

yup. I'm not saying the Cavs are a disaster, they just formed with a lot of new faces, and give them a little time to get things straight, but I just can't believe the Cavs FO. They honestly have to be the worst FO in the league, why in gods name would you get a rookie coach? They just don't know how to build a team, straight up, you look at how many high picks they've had recently, and what the hell. If they had any idea how to build a team, they wouldn't have had to get rid of their young guy Wiggins, but since they don't, all they can do is take.

I'm not saying that they SHOULDN'T have made that trade, I'm saying they shouldn't have been in the position where they need to make that trade to begin with. In 4 years without Lebron, other than the high picks they were gifted, they have absolutely nothing to show as far as what talent they picked up. If they had built anything that close to resembles an nba level team of 12 players, Lebron should have been plug and play.

Its frustrating, cuz I feel for Cavs fans, I really do, but man, I can't stand that FO. That desperation move of picking up JAmeson Lebron's last year in Cle is really just the epitome of this Cavs FO. Throw **** on the wall and hope it sticks

Htownballa1622
11-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Kyrie Irving has missed more games than Wade these last few years. Fact.

Last 3 years game played.

Wade-49,69,54=172
Kyrie-51,59,71=181

What are you talking about? Plus wade is declining while Irving in theory is still getting better.

Sanjay
11-22-2014, 08:37 PM
LeBron went as far as he could with the Heat, if he stayed in Miami and they made the Finals again they would not beat the Spurs. Irving and Love was the next best option, although I do not think they will be as good this year as the Heat were. Once Duncan and Ginobili retire and if Durant goes to the Wizards, LeBron may never win another championship.

LOOTERX9
11-22-2014, 10:03 PM
LeBron is mental. He can win with this cavs team if he is more aggressive out there on offense. Same ole story each year with him. He is too passive and his teammates get the blame

Hotone1401
11-22-2014, 10:23 PM
LeBron is mental. He can win with this cavs team if he is more aggressive out there on offense. Same ole story each year with him. He is too passive and his teammates get the blame

Wrong. The Cavs biggest weakness is their defense and that's an identity that's has to be developed. It is less likely to happen with the weak defensive roster they have.

Tony_Starks
11-22-2014, 10:34 PM
He left a team that went to 4 straight Finals for a team that won't be getting there anytime soon. He made a big mistake. That's not to say Cleveland won't be in the ECF mix but with the Heat he basically could've just fast forwarded to the Finals every year.

He also seriously underestimated the leadership role Wade had. Now that he has to be that guy he's seeing it's not all it's cracked up to be.

nastynice
11-23-2014, 03:21 AM

yea, there's definitely some kinda mental aspect to it all when it comes to James. He just doesn't have that leader type quality, or something, I don't know what it is exactly. Like when you look at the greats, they all had this particular thing about them mentally.

But in his defense, none of those greats had to deal with what Lebron dealt with. He came out of high school and was given the keys and driver seat right from the beginning. The other guys had to earn their way, whereas Lebron was given it. I feel like that has a lot to do with it. Also, Cleveland never gave him an established coach, you know, a coach who could truly LEAD lebron and TEACH lebron.

As much as the guy gets bashed for saying or doing some of the stuff he does, at the same time, I don't think any of the other players have ever had as much weight on their shoulders as Lebron has. That kinda pressure, it affects diff people in diff ways.

DoMeFavors
11-23-2014, 03:25 AM
I really expect if Cavs don't reach finals for Blatt to be fired, but Miami Heat fit LeBron a lot more. The spacing was so much better and he had winners both in front office,coaching staff, and players that have won rings before him. LeBron took them for granted I think. And the free agent market Miami brings.

DanG
11-23-2014, 06:28 AM
I still think we'll see Cleveland in ECF. East is just so weak they have all year to gel. Win 45 games and you get a team like Atlanta in the 1st round lol. Their defense will suck all year long though and they probably have no shot against the elite teams in the west.

Blatt just isn't the right coach for Cleveland. I'm sure he's a great coach, but Cavs need defense.