PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Will Make History with 27 More Assists

kblo247
11-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Everyone is focusing on the scoring record but ....

With 27 assists Kobe Bryant becomes the first and only player in NBA history to have 30,000 points, 6,000 rebounds, and 6,000 assists. Crazy to think it all came for one team too

jerellh528
11-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Wow. Amazing feat for an all time great. I predict 7 games to reach it.

kblo247
11-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I would have to look at the schedule, but I'll take the under in your 7. Think he gets it in 5 with Young back

Hawkize31
11-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Kobe Bryant? 27 assists?

I think he could definitely do it if he stays healthy and plays a couple more years.

Chronz
11-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Kobe Bryant? 27 assists?

I think he could definitely do it if he stays healthy and plays a couple more years.
Longevity baby.

Raidaz4Life
11-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Should get it the same game he passes Jordan in scoring.

DaLakerz Rulz
11-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Kobe Bryant? 27 assists?

pssh it will take 1 year max. I think you are underestimating the open shot making capabilities of players like wes johnson and jordan hill

Hawkeye15
11-21-2014, 08:05 PM
just crazy how consistent his long *** career has been. Amazing

FlashBolt
11-21-2014, 08:05 PM
And people don't think he's top 10 or top 5? What a joke. However, this feat is pretty nonsensical. Only four players have scored about 30,000 points..

Hawkeye15
11-21-2014, 08:26 PM
And people don't think he's top 10 or top 5? What a joke. However, this feat is pretty nonsensical. Only four players have scored about 30,000 points..

I have him around 9-10. His longevity is ridiculous

Bruno
11-21-2014, 08:29 PM
shame he got injured, this would have happened last year. he was also close to passing MJ and KAJ in total playoff scoring. i think that ships sailed, depending on next year.

Bruno
11-21-2014, 08:30 PM
how many seasons will it take LBJ to hit this mark? probably not long. maybe Durant?

Bruno
11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Kobes 162 assists behind Pippen for 27th on the all time assist list. I'm pretty sure that once he passes Scottie, he's the all time leader in assists for non point guards.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career.html

pretty sure Pippen is the highest non PG on the list.

kblo247
11-21-2014, 08:35 PM
how many seasons will it take LBJ to hit this mark? probably not long. maybe Durant?
Long as Bron is built like a tank probably not long. I didn't ever even remember him needing his knee scoped or anything period. His most serious injury was Mutumbo breaking his nose. It's really hard to say, he has been the pillar of health so he should barring some unforeseen injury or long *** lockout.

As for Durant I'm really not sure. The foot is the first injury and ideally he should comeback but to me there may be a catch 22 to that injury. He's small as in skinny and plays small, but he has almost a 7 footers frame and feet problem usually plague those guys after the first injury more so than a guy who 6'5-6'8

kblo247
11-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Kobes 162 assists behind Pippen for 27th on the all time assist list. I'm pretty sure that once he passes Scottie, he's the all time leader in assists for non point guards.

Yeah that is an amazing feat too. Kinda fitting since he was a hybrid of both Michael and Scottie under Phil in the triangle

Bruno
11-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Long as Bron is built like a tank probably not long. I didn't ever even remember him needing his knee scoped or anything period. His most serious injury was Mutumbo breaking his nose. It's really hard to say, he has been the pillar of health so he should barring some unforeseen injury or long *** lockout.

As for Durant I'm really not sure. The foot is the first injury and ideally he should comeback but to me there may be a catch 22 to that injury. He's small as in skinny and plays small, but he has almost a 7 footers frame and feet problem usually plague those guys after the first injury more so than a guy who 6'5-6'8
i looked at LBJ. he'll need a few years for the scoring but he's already there with rebounds and he's close in assists.
LBJ will probably crack 8k boards and 8k assists when its said and done.

Durant might struggle to hit the 6k assists, depending. its possible.

LBJ will retire with the most assists for a non PG in league history. so will Kobe.

Bruno
11-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah that is an amazing feat too. Kinda fitting since he was a hybrid of both Michael and Scottie under Phil in the triangle

yeah I mean he put up almost 1/3rd of his total career assists during the 5 year period with Phil and Shaq from 00-04. 5.3 assists per game over a 361 game period.

Pippin maybe doesn't get enough credit for his passing.

FlashBolt
11-21-2014, 08:55 PM

I give LeBron five seasons to break 8k assists/8k rebounds/30k points. And that is being generous. Call me crazy but James might be the only player to ever crack 30k points, 10k rebounds, and 10k assists. If he averages 5 assists/rebounds per game for the next 8 years, he's due at 10k rebounds/10k assists. He's only 3.5 seasons away if he continues scoring about 2000 points per season to hit 30k points. 30k/10k/10k? That would be really impressive. It's pretty much inevitable that he passes 30k, though. Judging by Bron's endurance, has this guy ever been injured? 20/5/5 is certainly achievable until he hits age 35. After that? His ego will probably force him to retire.

Amazing. Not his APG but his longevity is just insane. He's lived more than half of his life in an NBA court... God.

1) Yeah, LeBron is obviously a freak of nature. I've tried long and hard to distinguish injuries of various players. KD got injured. Westbrook got injured. Rose is an injury waiting to happen.. again. Kobe has been injured. Michael = injured. Yet, we've never really seen LeBron ever been injured despite what he has to do day in and day out. Even through Miami's 4 year reign of playing max amount of games, he was just invincible in terms of health. Great luck or just built like Iron Man?
2) Meh, I'm not worried about KD. He's a sniper like Curry. He doesn't have to depend on his athleticism to score more-so than his long range/wing span. He'll be fine. He should be breaking 30k by 31-32.. easy.

kblo247
11-21-2014, 09:27 PM
I honesty believe LeBron is like Karl Malone in the fact that he is in such a shape and such a specimen, that it will take someone hurting him over him just getting hurt.

As for KD I just don't think the assist part is a given. He should be able to score and board easy.

And yeah Kobe's a freak. Kobe has spent more time as a laker than he did anywhere in his life. More time in Los Angeles than Phili or Italy. They drafted/traded for him when he was 17. He's pretty much been the kid that grew up in front of laker fan eyes and became a grown, then old man

b_russ
11-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Someone must have told him this, tonight he's got 5 already in 12 minutes.

PowerHouse
11-21-2014, 10:34 PM
6000 assists? Not bad for a ball hog.

Thats more than Mookie Blaylock, Sam Cassell, Chauncy Billups, Nick Van Exel and almost a tie with Baron Davis.

jerellh528
11-21-2014, 10:40 PM

Thats more than Mookie Blaylock, Sam Cassell, Chauncy Billups, Nick Van Exel and almost a tie with Baron Davis.

Not bad for almost every player to ever grace an nba court.

PowerHouse
11-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Exactly. Hopefully this will put to rest all of the "ball hog" references.

Bruno
11-21-2014, 10:45 PM
I give LeBron five seasons to break 8k assists/8k rebounds/30k points. And that is being generous. Call me crazy but James might be the only player to ever crack 30k points, 10k rebounds, and 10k assists.
that's crazy, man.

If he averages 5 assists/rebounds per game for the next 8 years, he's due at 10k rebounds/10k assists. He's only 3.5 seasons away if he continues scoring about 2000 points per season to hit 30k points. 30k/10k/10k? That would be really impressive. It's pretty much inevitable that he passes 30k, though. Judging by Bron's endurance, has this guy ever been injured? 20/5/5 is certainly achievable until he hits age 35. After that? His ego will probably force him to retire.
In his first 10 years in the league he totaled 5,553 boards and 5,302 assists. one of the best 10 years runs ever. to crack 10k, he'd almost have to statistically replicate his first decade during the second half of his career. he's 30 next month. I think he's a great bet to crack 8k, and that he could crack 9k. I think 10k is a bit steep, everyone breaks down eventually. there's no guarantee he's 80% of what he is today at getting rebounds and assists at age 36. Kobe averaged 73 games a season during his first 17 years in the NBA before the Achilles (and that includes two lock out years where there were only 50 and 66 games in those seasons). He was an iron man for 17 years. LBJ will have more milage than Kobe at Kobes age because he had a big role with Cleveland as a rookie, Kobe didn't see major minutes until his junior season.

LBJ will crack 30 soon and will probably challenge Karl and KAJ.

Amazing. Not his APG but his longevity is just insane. He's lived more than half of his life in an NBA court... God.
As a wing. wing miles are different than big miles. wing=city, bigs=highway.

Bruno
11-21-2014, 10:50 PM

MJ, Bird, Walt Frazier, Dennis Johnson.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-21-2014, 10:52 PM
just crazy how consistent his long *** career has been. Amazing

Woot hawk!!! Our newest member of the laker family

ATX
11-22-2014, 11:43 AM
19 seasons to reach 6k assists for a guard. Oh. My. God!!!!! Kobe must therefore be the most unselfish player in the HISTORY of history. It's an accomplishment for sure, but come on now, it's another longevity accomplishment. Let's not act as if we all won't reach a million dollars in career earnings when granted enough years. Apologies to sandwich artists everywhere who probably reached that mark by year three or four.

FraziersKnicks
11-22-2014, 01:31 PM

Bron's already got the rebounds and needs just 138 assists to break the 6,000 mark for his career. I predict LeBron will approach the 35,000/10,000/10,000 when all is said and done. Which I don't think anyone will come close to for a long looooong time.

Anyone props to Kobe. Unbelievable longevity.

tredigs
11-22-2014, 02:18 PM
That's nuts that Bron will pass Kobe in assists before this season's over. He'll be at 6K himself by the new year.

jerellh528
11-22-2014, 02:22 PM
That's nuts that Bron will pass Kobe in assists before this season's over. He'll be at 6K himself by the new year.

Wrong thread

Tony_Starks
11-22-2014, 03:56 PM
To just dismiss it as a longevity stat is a backhanded compliment, especially when you take into account he didn't even start the first few years of his career. As opposed to day 1 starters and players like KAJ that played for 20 years and couldn't do it.

He got those assist because he has serious skills and passing ability.

Bruno
11-22-2014, 05:04 PM

LBJ will pass every non-PG in total assists before the end of the season (as will Kobe). not just kobe.

nastynice
11-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I can understand why the laker fans in this forum are so defensive. The amount of kobe hate is UNBELIEVABLE. This man is truly a legend, one of the best to lace em up, absolutely beautiful game, ridiculous skill, it just so fun to watch his highlights. The man is a one man clinic on how to play offense from anywhere in any situation.

I don't see how someone can be a basketball fan and have so much hate toward players like Kobe and Lebron. What fun it is to watch these guys play, we should be thankful we get to see them do what they do, and appreciate all they bring to the game. I mean, watch this video right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy5csF3Mc20

How can you possibly be a fan of baseketball and not appreciate that? No really, serious question, how is that possible? **** is poetry in motion right there. One of the most technically gifted players to ever play the game. His offensive array, its just in another league man, its amazing that the same player can attack in so many different ways.

Me, I just give the man his due, he's borderline about to break a few records, and while we can debate all day which player is the best, I think any sane person can agree he is one of the best to have ever played, he deserves to be in the top couple handfuls of players no doubt. Props to this old bastard, still playing like beast with his old *** knees, lol

Bruno
11-22-2014, 05:13 PM
To just dismiss it as a longevity stat is a backhanded compliment, especially when you take into account he didn't even start the first few years of his career. As opposed to day 1 starters and players like KAJ that played for 20 years and couldn't do it.

he's averaged 5.2 assists per game over the past 1,050 games (since 2000). that's a good average for a shooting guard. totally respectable.

jerellh528
11-22-2014, 05:48 PM

Yup

PowerHouse
11-22-2014, 09:19 PM
19 seasons to reach 6k assists for a guard. Oh. My. God!!!!! Kobe must therefore be the most unselfish player in the HISTORY of history. It's an accomplishment for sure, but come on now, it's another longevity accomplishment. Let's not act as if we all won't reach a million dollars in career earnings when granted enough years. Apologies to sandwich artists everywhere who probably reached that mark by year three or four.

1. Nobody is saying he is the most unselfish player in history. Only the mentality of a hater could even come up with that type of sarcasm.

2. Its actually his 18th not 19th season since he missed last year.

3. Dont forget the first 2 years he was coming off the bench unlike many other superstars who walk right into starting jobs.

4. Slightly less important, but dont forget 2 of his seasons were strike-shortened.

To dismiss this as just a longevity stat is preposterous. Plenty of players before him have had long careers, zero have done 30K/6k/6k.

SF8
11-23-2014, 01:15 AM
27 assists?

So guess maybe in 2017?

c.c.
11-23-2014, 01:36 AM
If Lebron plays 19 seasons, he would crush those numbers especially if he plays unselfish a little bit.

jerellh528
11-23-2014, 01:43 AM
If Lebron plays 19 seasons, he would crush those numbers especially if he plays unselfish a little bit.

If the time comes, we shall open a tread for him. Until then, let's bask in kobes achievement, since this is his thread lol

nastynice
11-23-2014, 01:51 AM
If the time comes, we shall open a tread for him. Until then, let's bask in kobes achievement, since this is his thread lol

exactlyl, what's with the haters? This guy Kobe, so underappreciated during his time. I wonder how he'll be viewed in the future, I think people will appreciate his skill and killer instinct much more.

c.c.
11-23-2014, 01:51 AM

Might as well bask in his single player achievements, that's his only goals for this season.

jaydubb
11-23-2014, 02:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy5csF3Mc20

I miss that player.. :(

Bostonjorge
11-23-2014, 03:17 AM
Amazing for a player who's hates to pass the ball. Kobe did it better then 95% of every player ever.

nastynice
11-23-2014, 04:00 AM
I miss that player.. :(

yea, as far as technical skills, that's possibly the best youtube clip in existence. father time has to catch everyone tho, huh

Shlumpledink
11-23-2014, 04:27 AM
What makes this an achievement is it goes counter to the main argument against him throughout his career. Now, what people who have made that argument before will talk about other players who have done it or say how he got this because of how long he has played.

It is a good achievement, especially for a shooting guard who played in the triangle for most of his career.

Tony_Starks
11-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Kobe is the only great player I've ever seen that every single great accomplishment he achieves the haters somehow flip it to a negative.

-won five rings----- "he had help!" (as if nobody else did)

- multiple all defense teams----"he didn't deserve them, they just gave him that!" ( really? )

-scored 81-------- "anybody can do that if you let them shoot enough!"

Assist achievement- "longevity" (even though some great PGs that had longevity couldn't do it)

Stayed with the same team his entire career------- "that's because as a unproven 18 year old nobody believed in he forced his way to the Lakers, despite working out for multiple teams. AND he woulda coulda shoulda left the Lakers once upon a time!"

When does it stop? Let that man be great.

jerellh528
11-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Kobe is the only great player I've ever seen that every single great accomplishment he achieves the haters somehow flip it to a negative.

- multiple all defense teams----"he didn't deserve them, they just gave him that!" ( really? )

Assist achievement- "longevity" (even though some great PGs that had longevity couldn't do it)

Stayed with the same team his entire career------- "that's because as a unproven 18 year old nobody believed in he forced his way to the Lakers, despite working out for multiple teams. AND he woulda coulda shoulda left the Lakers once upon a time!"

So true

kblo247
11-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Rebounds for guards:
1. Kidd 8,725
2. Big O 7,804
3. MJ 6,672
4. Kobe 6,667 (may pass MJ next game)

Assist for non-PG
1. Pippen 6,135
2. Kobe 5,980

points all-time
1. Kareem 38,387
2. Malone 36,928
3. MJ 32,292
4. Kobe 32,047

play-off points
1. MJ 5,987
2. Kobe 5,640

all-star game leading scorer
1. Kobe 280

Cal827
11-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Lebron gets some flak too for some of his achievements.

1st NBA title- Asterisk, there were only 66 games! Had tons of help
2nd NBA title- Should have been a loss if it weren't for Allens Miracle shot.

Rose is recently too, with some of his dumb comments and the unfortunate injuries.
The Bigger the star, the less logical the arguments make against them I guess. When Lebron is closer to retiring/catching up to these guys, I'm gonna bet that they'll talk about how stacked his teams were. And of course, we'll have JordansBulls talking about how he couldn't win with HCA, Shaq, and Ben Wallace on his team :laugh2:

Cal827
11-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Another great achievement to an incredible career. The only one who I think has a legitimate shot at the same category who's playing right now is Lebron, but it will be a while until it happens (if it does).

Chronz
11-24-2014, 03:31 AM

Not sure how its a dismissal. What you take as a backhanded compliment was received differently by this other Kobe fan:

Woot hawk!!! Our newest member of the laker family

I think it says more about you than people who know raw tallies are accumulated from long careers.

PowerHouse
11-24-2014, 03:32 AM
Rebounds for guards:
1. Kidd 8,725
2. Big O 7,804
3. MJ 6,672
4. Kobe 6,667 (may pass MJ next game)

Assist for non-PG
1. Pippen 6,135
2. Kobe 5,980

points all-time
1. Kareem 38,387
2. Malone 36,928
3. MJ 32,292
4. Kobe 32,047

play-off points
1. MJ 5,987
2. Kobe 5,640

all-star game leading scorer
1. Kobe 280

Nice post. I was not aware that he was that close to being the all-time assist man for non-PGs.

Chronz
11-24-2014, 03:36 AM

Hate to break the news but Kobe isn't the only guy who gets hated on. And Im not seeing how longevity is a dismissal nor how you've tackled it if it were. Take it for what it is, the greats get hated on by the ignorant.

And you've got to be kidding me if you actually believe he deserved all those All-D teams, even Phil Jackson thought his D was getting overrated. Thats like the litmus test to whether your a blind follower of a team/player, or an objective fan of the NBA. I know which of my friends I should never listen to if they dont laugh at some of his selections.

kblo247
11-24-2014, 03:38 AM
He did pass MJ in rebounds, making him the all time leader at SG for board.

(Rather a W personally)

Chronz
11-24-2014, 03:40 AM
What makes this an achievement is it goes counter to the main argument against him throughout his career. Now, what people who have made that argument before will talk about other players who have done it or say how he got this because of how long he has played.

It is a good achievement, especially for a shooting guard who played in the triangle for most of his career.

How does it run counter to the main argument against him?

Tony_Starks
11-24-2014, 04:19 AM
Hate to break the news but Kobe isn't the only guy who gets hated on. And Im not seeing how longevity is a dismissal nor how you've tackled it if it were. Take it for what it is, the greats get hated on by the ignorant.

And you've got to be kidding me if you actually believe he deserved all those All-D teams, even Phil Jackson thought his D was getting overrated. Thats like the litmus test to whether your a blind follower of a team/player, or an objective fan of the NBA. I know which of my friends I should never listen to if they dont laugh at some of his selections.

Of course players get hated on. Lebron gets hated on non-stop. Even semi- superstars get hated on. Re-read what I said and let your brain formulate. I repeat, Kobe is the only player I've ever seen that every single accomplishment he achieves gets hated on. Not a career. Not just one stat. Everything.

And the fact that you bring up he didn't "deserve" the multiple all defense actually proves my point. Doesn't deserve it in who's eyes? Yours? He still made it, evidently some people outside of the internet thought he deserved it.

Chronz
11-24-2014, 04:26 AM
And the fact that you bring up he didn't "deserve" the multiple all defense actually proves my point. Doesn't deserve it in who's eyes? Yours? He still made it, evidently some people outside of the internet thought he deserved it.

Apparently you didn't see the name PHIL JACKSON on there. Now tell me, whos opinion should I trust, the 29 coaches that see him play as little as twice a year, or the HOF coach who sees him daily?

My greater point is this, I dont care what the popular opinion is, just how you defend it. If you cant handle the fact that some of us can form our opinion without relying solely on the words of others, then you have no point to make. You cant be that much of a homer bro, if popular opinion is all that matters to you, Im sure if I made this thread on the Lakers board you would find respected members that echo my thoughts. Hell, Im sure even amos/illusionist would agree he didn't deserve all of them, tho Im not sure if that helps my argument.

jerellh528
11-24-2014, 04:49 AM
Way to come into kobe's achievement thread and play chop down, chronz. You must be a real joy to be around.

Tony_Starks
11-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Apparently you didn't see the name PHIL JACKSON on there. Now tell me, whos opinion should I trust, the 29 coaches that see him play as little as twice a year, or the HOF coach who sees him daily?

My greater point is this, I dont care what the popular opinion is, just how you defend it. If you cant handle the fact that some of us can form our opinion without relying solely on the words of others, then you have no point to make. You cant be that much of a homer bro, if popular opinion is all that matters to you, Im sure if I made this thread on the Lakers board you would find respected members that echo my thoughts. Hell, Im sure even amos/illusionist would agree he didn't deserve all of them, tho Im not sure if that helps my argument.

If we were to discuss which years Kobe probably should not have made all defense, most Laker fans could reasonably debate that. That's not the point. I laid my point down quite flat. Re-read it.

The main point in case you missed it is that people, apparently like yourself, routinely piss on this guys parade. Why?

savvy1803
11-24-2014, 06:32 AM

Nutshell .

nickdymez
11-24-2014, 11:57 AM
I like how all the usual anti kobe people threw a "longevity" shot in. Like kobe is the only player ever to play this many seasons.

nastynice
11-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Take it for what it is, the greats get hated on by the ignorant.

I like this line right here, but I do find it weird that YOU'RE the one saying this, in the very thread in which you're hating on one of the greats

Hawkeye15
11-24-2014, 02:21 PM

how is it a backhanded comment? Kobe is a SHOOTING guard, as he even put it. He also played in an offense that doesn't usually get any specific player a high amount of assists. It's a compliment that he was able to be good enough at what he is asked to do, to play long enough to get 6000 assists, when that is neither his game, or what the coaching staff has ever asked of him.

Jeffy25
11-24-2014, 03:25 PM

Lebron will reach 30,000 points in probably 3-4 years, depending on how many he gets this year will determine that.

He'll have the 6000 assists by the time he scores that many, and he already has the rebounds.

It's very possible for him to have 7000 rebounds and 7000 assists by the time he scores his 30,000th point.

Tony_Starks
11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
how is it a backhanded comment? Kobe is a SHOOTING guard, as he even put it. He also played in an offense that doesn't usually get any specific player a high amount of assists. It's a compliment that he was able to be good enough at what he is asked to do, to play long enough to get 6000 assists, when that is neither his game, or what the coaching staff has ever asked of him.

To say it's a longevity stat implies that anybody that plays long enough could do it, when that is clearly not the case.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-24-2014, 06:56 PM

I already knew Lebron Fans would make it about him.

Bruno
11-24-2014, 07:19 PM
I already knew Lebron Fans would make it about him.

you know, thats my fault.

I unrealistically thought I could mention another great player who will too some day surpass this achievement without it turning into a poop throwing contest.

Sly Guy
11-24-2014, 07:26 PM
lol, he probably holds the record for most amount of games to get to the 6000 assist plateau

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-24-2014, 08:01 PM
lol, he probably holds the record for most amount of games to get to the 6000 assist plateau

Why do you clowns feel the need to come in here and downplay everything kobe accomplishes?

andy2518
11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Take it easy guys, this is a great accomplishment no matter how you dice it. That many assists is no joke whether it's longevity related or not. To say that it's 100% longevity is not doing him any justice. Though it is a factor for sure. Next to Tim Duncan, Kobe is one of the best in terms of longevity this era has ever seen. That is nothing to scoff at.

PowerHouse
11-24-2014, 08:10 PM

This might have been insulting to Kobe if he were a PG, which he is not.

jerellh528
11-24-2014, 08:25 PM

lol, he probably holds the record for most amount of games to get to 32000 points, 6000 assists and 6000 rebounds too. I bet out of everyone who has this record , it took him longest to reach it.... Oh wait.

ATX
11-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Illusionist...And why do you feel the need to grossly overpraise every detail of Kobe's life as if he's your big brother or something. It's an accomplishment sure, but it doesn't dissuade the fact that Kobe is known for being a me first player. I mean getting to 6k assists is great but considering how much he dominates the ball (Which is a testament to his greatness), it's not as if it's a stop the presses moment. I do however think it is worthy of note, so here's to you Kobe. Cheers

andy2518
11-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Illusionist...And why do you feel the need to grossly overpraise every detail of Kobe's life as if he's your big brother or something. It's an accomplishment sure, but it doesn't dissuade the fact that Kobe is known for being a me first player. I mean getting to 6k assists is great but considering how much he dominates the ball (Which is a testament to his greatness), it's not as if it's a stop the presses moment. I do however think it is worthy of note, so here's to you Kobe. Cheers

You really don't like Kobe do you.

ATX
11-24-2014, 08:44 PM
You really don't like Kobe do you.

I don't, but not NEARLY as much as I lead on. It's the ridiculous stuff that "Some" posters preach to no end about Kobe that sours my opinion of him...But really it's just those "Some" posters that I genuinely don't respect. My life does not revolve around the successes of a particular player. I tried to give Kobe some props for the accomplishment, but unless I state that this unequivocally portrays that Kobe is the greatest human being to ever grace the planet it will not be enough to the "Some" to which I refer.

Hawkeye15
11-24-2014, 08:52 PM
To say it's a longevity stat implies that anybody that plays long enough could do it, when that is clearly not the case.

how is that what you are reading? Seriously dude. It's a compliment. Do you know how high of a level you need to play at, and for how ****ing long, to amass the numbers Kobe will end up with?

If anything, its a testament to not only how good of a player he has been, year in and year out, but how hard he works to keep his body prepared, and able to go through the grind. It's really, really hard to do what he has done. Like, only a few other players....ever...

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-24-2014, 09:14 PM

You got me and Lebron fans mixed up. I wouldn't tell you guys the things I do if you just rated players properly.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-24-2014, 09:17 PM

how is that what you are reading? Seriously dude. It's a compliment. Do you know how high of a level you need to play at, and for how ****ing long, to amass the numbers Kobe will end up with?

If anything, its a testament to not only how good of a player he has been, year in and year out, but how hard he works to keep his body prepared, and able to go through the grind. It's really, really hard to do what he has done. Like, only a few other players....ever...

Even tho you are genuine about kobes career sometimes, you are most definitely a fifth degree black belt in backhand kobe compliments.

PowerHouse
11-24-2014, 09:17 PM

andy2518
11-24-2014, 09:57 PM
I don't, but not NEARLY as much as I lead on. It's the ridiculous stuff that "Some" posters preach to no end about Kobe that sours my opinion of him...But really it's just those "Some" posters that I genuinely don't respect. My life does not revolve around the successes of a particular player. I tried to give Kobe some props for the accomplishment, but unless I state that this unequivocally portrays that Kobe is the greatest human being to ever grace the planet it will not be enough to the "Some" to which I refer.

For sure. I just think that whole me first myth was expelled a long time ago when he won the two chips without Shaq. He sacrificed a lot both with and without Shaq. I just got confused when you brought up that whole selfish thing. Sure he can jack it up, but when it came down to winning rings, he relented for the good of the team on many occasion.

Chronz
11-24-2014, 11:18 PM
I like this line right here, but I do find it weird that YOU'RE the one saying this, in the very thread in which you're hating on one of the greats

Feel free to show me where. Just 1 question tho, is there any form of criticism/factual evidence that you wont disregard as simple hate?

I like how all the usual anti kobe people threw a "longevity" shot in. Like kobe is the only player ever to play this many seasons.
And just who are you trying to pigeonhole here?

So when Kobe mentions the fact that hes the All-Time leader in missed shots by mentioning how many years hes played, hes NOT contextualizing the accomplishment/dishonor?

Which ever side of the argument you're on, I hope your at least consistent. What do you recall saying when that came out?

Chronz
11-24-2014, 11:23 PM
If we were to discuss which years Kobe probably should not have made all defense, most Laker fans could reasonably debate that. That's not the point. I laid my point down quite flat. Re-read it.
Help me understand then, because you pointed to that accusation as if it were an absurd notion, when in reality, his own coach felt his defense was overrated.

The main point in case you missed it is that people, apparently like yourself, routinely piss on this guys parade. Why?

You have yet to even hint at that point. Your confusion stems from your own insecurity. Even if its a backhanded compliment, it still rings true and its still a compliment, one that could be interpreted differently (as I've already proven) depending on the fan.

Chronz
11-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Way to come into kobe's achievement thread and play chop down, chronz. You must be a real joy to be around.

Why? Because I disagree with an opinion of that achievement?

Do your friends all agree in unison with each other or something?

Chronz
11-24-2014, 11:33 PM

LOL, on whos behalf are you speaking this time?

Heres the reality, if Kobe plays 2 season less, this arbitrary milestone is not attained. FACT. Therefore longevity obviously plays a role.

There is NOTHING you can do to dispute that, now you can add qualifiers about how the game and its definition for counting assists have changed over the decades, which would be MUCH better than the straws you've laid out here. When people contextualize accomplishments, its not done to be derogatory to your hero, its to add to the conversation. Sorry we're not all drones just exchanging "yups" and "+1's".

Chronz
11-24-2014, 11:41 PM
This might have been insulting to Kobe if he were a PG, which he is not.
I dont see whats insulting about any of this. Some people just have a sick (different) sense of humor. Really tho, what exactly are people trying to make out of it? Its a neat-o stat of the night type thing to me, why such passion over this? Insult? Just like Kobe brushed off leading NBA history in missed shots, he would brush this off. I mean, hes obviously had a great career, neato stat or not. Thats not really saying much to me. Im pretty sure I didn't even bother to post anything in the missed shots thread because it was of so little interest.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-25-2014, 01:32 AM
Hey FC, how do you become a clipper fan in La? I'm honestly curious.

PowerHouse
11-25-2014, 02:19 AM
I dont see whats insulting about any of this. Some people just have a sick (different) sense of humor. Really tho, what exactly are people trying to make out of it? Its a neat-o stat of the night type thing to me, why such passion over this? Insult? Just like Kobe brushed off leading NBA history in missed shots, he would brush this off. I mean, hes obviously had a great career, neato stat or not. Thats not really saying much to me. Im pretty sure I didn't even bother to post anything in the missed shots thread because it was of so little interest.

I said might have been. And it seems to me you are a little more inspired to de-value this than most of us are to value it. Relax.

nickdymez
11-25-2014, 04:10 AM
Feel free to show me where. Just 1 question tho, is there any form of criticism/factual evidence that you wont disregard as simple hate?

And just who are you trying to pigeonhole here?

So when Kobe mentions the fact that hes the All-Time leader in missed shots by mentioning how many years hes played, hes NOT contextualizing the accomplishment/dishonor?

Which ever side of the argument you're on, I hope your at least consistent. What do you recall saying when that came out?
I said kobe shoots to ****in much

ATX
11-25-2014, 10:32 AM
For sure. I just think that whole me first myth was expelled a long time ago when he won the two chips without Shaq. He sacrificed a lot both with and without Shaq. I just got confused when you brought up that whole selfish thing. Sure he can jack it up, but when it came down to winning rings, he relented for the good of the team on many occasion.

Your post is very refreshing to me. I'm happy to give props when props are due, and moreover happy to discuss players that aren't high on my list of favorites and be open to hearing an argument that is contrary to my belief when it's not say Illusionist...Who's only purpose in life seemingly is to serve Kobe on these boards. Considering his agenda, I just can't ever take anything he says seriously. Kobe is a scorer, so reaching the 6k assists threshold is impressive, just not overly impressive to me. Take another SG, Wade for example. He easily would have reached that threshold if not for injuries derailing his career stats. Even with his considerable injuries, he should crack the 5k assist mark by careers end and I bet he get's no due. His longevity is incomparable to Kobe though. Kobe will always have longevity on his side in any discussion and that is a testament to his greatness.

GREATNESS ONE
11-25-2014, 11:02 AM
Typical PSD. Same people, same ****.

Hawkeye15
11-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Even tho you are genuine about kobes career sometimes, you are most definitely a fifth degree black belt in backhand kobe compliments.

you read what you want regarding Kobe though. You look for anything you can to tell someone they are discrediting him.

Nearly matches my real black belt.....excellent

Chronz
11-25-2014, 11:50 AM
LOL. When you combine that with years served, it = arbitrary milestone.

I went to the games that were economical.

I said might have been. And it seems to me you are a little more inspired to de-value this than most of us are to value it. Relax.
I assure you, Im perfectly content with how Im posting so the tip isn't needed. Debates are where the fun is at, I'll join in on the +1's from time to time but this used to be a place where people actually wanted to debate every now and again.

Chronz
11-25-2014, 12:00 PM
you read what you want regarding Kobe though. You look for anything you can to tell someone they are discrediting him.

Nearly matches my real black belt.....excellent

You could suck Kobe's dick and he would still take offense for your lack of execution. "Too sloppy bro"

Hawkeye15
11-25-2014, 12:33 PM
You could suck Kobe's dick and he would still take offense for your lack of execution. "Too sloppy bro"

not enough hand

Chronz
11-25-2014, 01:22 PM
not enough hand
Gotta lick the shaft

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-25-2014, 02:45 PM
These post are actually pretty funny. Thanks you two! Don't forget to cup the balls tho

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-25-2014, 02:51 PM
LOL. When you combine that with years served, it = arbitrary milestone.

I went to the games that were economical.

I assure you, Im perfectly content with how Im posting so the tip isn't needed. Debates are where the fun is at, I'll join in on the +1's from time to time but this used to be a place where people actually wanted to debate every now and again.

So you'd rather go watch a bunch of scrubs play rather than shaq ,kobe ,magic etc? Have you ever been to a Lakers game? There's nothing better.

PowerHouse
11-25-2014, 06:19 PM

Im stumped on why you would think I care if you are content or not. And yes there is debating and then there is over-zealous squabbling. Trust me there is a difference.

Chronz
11-26-2014, 02:50 AM
So you'd rather go watch a bunch of scrubs play rather than shaq ,kobe ,magic etc? Have you ever been to a Lakers game? There's nothing better.

I got to see Nique vs Dream battle it out, got to see truly great players destroy us so you can still see great performances over the years, you just get to enjoy a better seat and more of them. Been to the other LA games, I used to watch the Tmac vs Kobe games annually with the fellas. What Magic game did you attend?

Chronz
11-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Im stumped on why you would think I care if you are content or not.
I assumed it was whatever compelled you to tell me to "relax". I honestly dont care either, I just didn't want to be a dick about it but I can tell you I am "relaxed".

And yes there is debating and then there is over-zealous squabbling. Trust me there is a difference.
I know it well and good. Its similar to the difference between a valid point and a broad stroke.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-26-2014, 01:25 PM

I got to see Nique vs Dream battle it out, got to see truly great players destroy us so you can still see great performances over the years, you just get to enjoy a better seat and more of them. Been to the other LA games, I used to watch the Tmac vs Kobe games annually with the fellas. What Magic game did you attend?

I just find it very odd that you chose to be a clipper fan because you get more bang for your buck. Do deep playoff runs and championships not matter to you? I never got to see magic live, I'm a little to young, I was just making a point. I've actually been to at least 15 clipper games in the past 6 years or so. They are quite fun, but in no way are they like going to a Lakers game.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2014, 02:14 PM
I just find it very odd that you chose to be a clipper fan because you get more bang for your buck. Do deep playoff runs and championships not matter to you? I never got to see magic live, I'm a little to young, I was just making a point. I've actually been to at least 15 clipper games in the past 6 years or so. They are quite fun, but in no way are they like going to a Lakers game.

probably because Chronz is a basketball fan first, so why wouldn't he go to the more affordable games? At least that would be my way of handling it, unless I had a previous bias to one of the teams in teh city

Chronz
11-26-2014, 02:26 PM

I guess you could say I was a fan of the NBA before I became a fan of any 1 team. I find NBA allegiances to be alot like religion, how any affiliation seems directly tied to geography or where you grew up. If you were born in Chicago you would likely have been a Bulls fan, for example, at least thats the sense I get from you. I dont like that idea, same reason Im not religious today.

I used to go to Church and I guess you could say my original team was probably the Lakers for the simple reasons you gave about their success. But at some point I dropped my childhood reasoning and started looking for something less shallow. Even tho I've grown up in LA and spent most of my life here, I did spend some time in Phoenix (My dad was a Suns fan), even less time in OKC/Houston tho noteworthy for the basketball experience.
So growing up here, my very first LIVE game was a Clippers game. Clippers gave me the chance to watch MJ, Dream, Nique, it was like watching all your favorite heroes and seeing them walk away victorious almost every time. MJ really shat on us and I loved every minute of it. It must be sickening to someone like you but till the day he retired, I was the guy taking his T-Mac jersey to Clipper games. My only rule was that I stopped all that come playoff time (though that was rarely a rule that needed to be enforced). Its hard to explain but eventually the Clips grew on me and there have been core units that gave me reason to hope for better days. There were even times when it looked like they had a brighter future than the Lakers. And the Lakers weren't winning chips in the 90's so its not like I missed out on whatever glory you felt later.

Its hard to explain to someone so jaded (IMO), and I seriously mean no offense by that but Im wondering just exactly when you decided to become a Laker fan and why. Isn't there something to be said for sticking with a downtrodden team and one day hoping to feel championship glory? Did you follow the Lakers because you felt entitled to a winner? My reason for being a Clippers fan had nothing to do with that sort of fluff, I just wanted the best seats to watch as much of the game as I possibly could, and to me they were always worth the price of admission because they were dirt cheap in comparison. I really cant stress that enough. I guess I could boil it down to me wanting to see +15 games a year (especially in the 90's) vs a handful of Laker games. Maybe you were well off growing up to see whatever game you wanted and thats prolly why you cant make sense of my decision, either that or you're a glory hound.

Chronz
11-26-2014, 02:34 PM
probably because Chronz is a basketball fan first, so why wouldn't he go to the more affordable games? At least that would be my way of handling it, unless I had a previous bias to one of the teams in teh city

There is some truth to me wanting to be a classic contrarian tho. I've always liked going against the grain. Began rooting for MJ cuz I wanted to see him crush Magic (and the Suns), decided too many people started liking MJ that I began rooting for Nique, then Dream, then when that got played out I jumped to Shaq. Never left Shaq's nuts tho.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2014, 02:55 PM
There is some truth to me wanting to be a classic contrarian tho. I've always liked going against the grain. Began rooting for MJ cuz I wanted to see him crush Magic (and the Suns), decided too many people started liking MJ that I began rooting for Nique, then Dream, then when that got played out I jumped to Shaq. Never left Shaq's nuts tho.

cept to latch onto T-Mac's hahaha

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-26-2014, 03:56 PM

I guess you could say I was a fan of the NBA before I became a fan of any 1 team. I find NBA allegiances to be alot like religion, how any affiliation seems directly tied to geography or where you grew up. If you were born in Chicago you would likely have been a Bulls fan, for example, at least thats the sense I get from you. I dont like that idea, same reason Im not religious today.

I used to go to Church and I guess you could say my original team was probably the Lakers for the simple reasons you gave about their success. But at some point I dropped my childhood reasoning and started looking for something less shallow. Even tho I've grown up in LA and spent most of my life here, I did spend some time in Phoenix (My dad was a Suns fan), even less time in OKC/Houston tho noteworthy for the basketball experience.
So growing up here, my very first LIVE game was a Clippers game. Clippers gave me the chance to watch MJ, Dream, Nique, it was like watching all your favorite heroes and seeing them walk away victorious almost every time. MJ really shat on us and I loved every minute of it. It must be sickening to someone like you but till the day he retired, I was the guy taking his T-Mac jersey to Clipper games. My only rule was that I stopped all that come playoff time (though that was rarely a rule that needed to be enforced). Its hard to explain but eventually the Clips grew on me and there have been core units that gave me reason to hope for better days. There were even times when it looked like they had a brighter future than the Lakers. And the Lakers weren't winning chips in the 90's so its not like I missed out on whatever glory you felt later.

Its hard to explain to someone so jaded (IMO), and I seriously mean no offense by that but Im wondering just exactly when you decided to become a Laker fan and why. Isn't there something to be said for sticking with a downtrodden team and one day hoping to feel championship glory? Did you follow the Lakers because you felt entitled to a winner? My reason for being a Clippers fan had nothing to do with that sort of fluff, I just wanted the best seats to watch as much of the game as I possibly could, and to me they were always worth the price of admission because they were dirt cheap in comparison. I really cant stress that enough. I guess I could boil it down to me wanting to see +15 games a year (especially in the 90's) vs a handful of Laker games. Maybe you were well off growing up to see whatever game you wanted and thats prolly why you cant make sense of my decision, either that or you're a glory hound.

The reason why people root for their city or state area is because we are proud of where we are from. I don't know why you see it as a cult like tradition. It gives us a sense of pride when someone's area beats another. Some people might find it crazy, but that's what sports is all about.

You're view on sports is definitely unconventional. I would never root for my team to get their ***** kicked just so a player I liked would have a great game. To me that means your a fan of players and not a team. It's not crazy, but it's definitely different.

Actually I started watching the lakers when we sucked right after magic, but I did have family who showed me how fantastic our team was in the early 80s and showed me the history of the lakers. I was a young man when our 00's team came around. Those were the best basketball days of my life. Since then I have been an absolute Laker homer. I'm not sure how your financial situation was but I didn't mind paying up to watch Laker games. I knew that any game I watched live could be a historical night. To me that's worth more than money. I've gone to games of the highest highs and the lowest lows. The amount of money ive spent is the last thing I think about. I'm just thankful to have been apart of it.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2014, 04:07 PM
The reason why people root for their city or state area is because we are proud of where we are from. I don't know why you see it as a cult like tradition. It gives us a sense of pride when someone's area beats another. Some people might find it crazy, but that's what sports is all about.

You're view on sports is definitely unconventional. I would never root for my team to get their ***** kicked just so a player I liked would have a great game. To me that means your a fan of players and not a team. It's not crazy, but it's definitely different.

Actually I started watching the lakers when we sucked right after magic, but I did have family who showed me how fantastic our team was in the early 80s and showed me the history of the lakers. I was a young man when our 00's team came around. Those were the best basketball days of my life. Since then I have been an absolute Laker homer. I'm not sure how your financial situation was but I didn't mind paying up to watch Laker games. I knew that any game I watched live could be a historical night. To me that's worth more than money. I've gone to games of the highest highs and the lowest lows. That amount of money ive spent is the last thing I think about. I am just thankful to have been apart of it.

what if you are like me, who moved around a lot as a kid, then went away to school, started liking certain sports at different times, etc? For instance, I am a Wolves, Texans, Hawkeyes, and Yankees fan. For all different reasons...

JAZZNC
11-26-2014, 04:26 PM
what if you are like me, who moved around a lot as a kid, then went away to school, started liking certain sports at different times, etc? For instance, I am a Wolves, Texans, Hawkeyes, and Yankees fan. For all different reasons...
I kinda understand. Im from NC and besides college basketball there was no tradition so to speak. Thats why I'm Jazz, Jets, Nats fan.

On the subject at hand....big woop. Its an accomplishment for sure, but I hate these "only guy to have x stat with y stat plus z stat and eat over 100 cheese burgers during that span" kind of "milestones".

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-26-2014, 04:29 PM

Actually I started watching the lakers when we sucked right after magic, but I did have family who showed me how fantastic our team was in the early 80s and showed me the history of the lakers. I was a young man when our 00's team came around. Those were the best basketball days of my life. Since then I have been an absolute Laker homer. I'm not sure how your financial situation was but I didn't mind paying up to watch Laker games. I knew that any game I watched live could be a historical night. To me that's worth more than money. I've gone to games of the highest highs and the lowest lows. That amount of money ive spent is the last thing I think about. I am just thankful to have been apart of it.

Then you're just one of the fans with no alliance. I'm not saying you have to be a fan of the general area you' grew up in, but if you love your area it comes naturally imo.

curtcocaine
11-26-2014, 04:42 PM

No need to reply to people who call you a kobe hater. We see it breh. I love the game of basketball and respect any player who can play at a high level.

curtcocaine
11-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Then you're just one of the fans with no alliance. I'm not saying you have to be a fan of the general area you' grew up in, but if you love your area it comes naturally imo.
Wtf. You just like to troll. Your gonna be a clippers fan in 10 years. After kobe its gonna be 1 sided in LA. Its gonna be the clippers stadium. Hell its already the clippers town. The have the best players in the city.

Gibby23
11-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Wtf. You just like to troll. Your gonna be a clippers fan in 10 years. After kobe its gonna be 1 sided in LA. Its gonna be the clippers stadium. Hell its already the clippers town. The have the best players in the city.

Lol.. Sure.. The Clippers have to do a lot more than have the best players in the city and make the playoffs to make LA a Clippers town. Have you been to LA? Nowhere close to a Clippers town.

curtcocaine
11-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Lol.. Sure.. The Clippers have to do a lot more than have the best players in the city and make the playoffs to make LA a Clippers town. Have you been to LA? Nowhere close to a Clippers town.
Time will tell. Wigh jimbo running the program its gonna be a hard up hill battle.

Jamiecballer
11-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Amazing for a player who's hates to pass the ball..
yep

Tony_Starks
11-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I can't wait to see the responses once Kobe passes MJ in all time scoring. It will pretty much be this to the 3rd power.

At the end of the day I don't think his accomplishments will be given true credit until long after he's retired. Until that day when you throw certain jabs at him it's easy for most people to see your agenda, you don't like him period.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-26-2014, 08:41 PM

Lol.. Sure.. The Clippers have to do a lot more than have the best players in the city and make the playoffs to make LA a Clippers town. Have you been to LA? Nowhere close to a Clippers town.lmao! Not it this lifetime buddy. I'm a Laker fan for life. The clippers have never made it to a finals and you think this is their town? Haha. Gtfo with that

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Meant that at cc.

5ass
11-26-2014, 10:15 PM
lmao! Not it this lifetime buddy. I'm a Laker fan for life. The clippers have never made it to a finals and you think this is their town? Haha. Gtfo with that
Casual fans live in the moment. Why would a casual fan want to go see the Lakers if they're a bad team? How does their history affect the current product?

Jamiecballer
11-26-2014, 10:24 PM
I can't wait to see the responses once Kobe passes MJ in all time scoring. It will pretty much be this to the 3rd power.

At the end of the day I don't think his accomplishments will be given true credit until long after he's retired. Until that day when you throw certain jabs at him it's easy for most people to see your agenda, you don't like him period.
Its a testament to a lot of things about Kobe that are good. Just not his passing. Do you know what I mean?

jerellh528
11-27-2014, 12:42 AM
That's the dumbest thing ever to think you have to be a fan of your hometown team.

Tony_Starks
11-27-2014, 01:01 AM
Its a testament to a lot of things about Kobe that are good. Just not his passing. Do you know what I mean?

True that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
That's the dumbest thing ever to think you have to be a fan of your hometown team.

If you're referring to me that's not what I meant. I'm just saying if you're proud of where you are from, rooting for your hometown team comes naturally.

mngopher35
11-27-2014, 01:57 AM
If you're referring to me that's not what I meant. I'm just saying if you're proud of where you are from, rooting for your hometown team comes naturally.

There can be so many other factors though. Where you live can change for many throughout their lives. Parents or family members can influence who you started watching and cheering for. Maybe you started watching the sport and had a favorite player at the time then stayed with that team etc etc.

I'm like you where it really was a natural fit rooting for the hometown team(s) but it isn't always that way.

jerellh528
11-27-2014, 02:11 AM

There's too many variables in people's lives. For example, in my instance with the nfl, I started liking the Green Bay packers before I even knew Green Bay was a city. I had no idea sports teams played for cities. I just remember seeing a book about the nfl at my elementary school book fair. It had a picture of Bart Starr on the cover, from then on I followed Green Bay.

Gibby23
11-27-2014, 02:12 AM

What is your hometown team brings mor joy than your hometown? Like Cleaveland.

jerellh528
11-27-2014, 02:22 AM
What is your hometown team brings mor joy than your hometown? Like Cleaveland.

I think a person can like any team they want for whatever reasons they want. The thing i find odd it liking many teams the same or jumping from team to team. Like a guy I know like the Lakers and clippers, I was like whaaaat

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-27-2014, 02:45 AM

There's too many variables in people's lives. For example, in my instance with the nfl, I started liking the Green Bay packers before I even knew Green Bay was a city. I had no idea sports teams played for cities. I just remember seeing a book about the nfl at my elementary school book fair. It had a picture of Bart Starr on the cover, from then on I followed Green Bay.

I agree, but I'm sure most fans of teams live in the general area or grew up around the team they like. That's how it goes for the most part.

MLBMania2
11-27-2014, 03:26 AM
maybe 6 games id say

Chronz
11-27-2014, 12:04 PM
lol good talk guys

PowerHouse
11-28-2014, 09:36 PM

Im a little late to the party with this but you cant be serious. In 10 years the Clippers will probably be right back to having down years while the Lakers will probably be back to title contenders with different stars. Unless you think a 39 year old Chris Paul and a 36 year old Blake Griffin will still be dominating the league.

Cal827
11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Im a little late to the party with this but you cant be serious. In 10 years the Clippers will probably be right back to having down years while the Lakers will probably be back to title contenders with different stars. Unless you think a 39 year old Chris Paul and a 36 year old Blake Griffin will still be dominating the league.

I can't wait for years 5-8 when both teams are doing well enough to make the playoffs and hopefully face off against one another. It'll be fun to see how Kobe coaches a team in the playoffs :laugh:

PowerHouse
11-30-2014, 03:31 AM
Kobe as a head coach? That would be interesting to say the least. Although you may be joking, I dont see him doing that but maybe ownership in some capacity.

DemarDerozan
11-30-2014, 03:44 AM
Mamba would be a scary coach. He demands perfection and has the respect of every player in the league. If he could be a little less stubborn he could definitely make some noise as a coach.

2025 WCF the Bryant coached Lakers vs the Billups coached Nuggets. Circle it on your calendar.

DemarDerozan
11-30-2014, 03:46 AM
This season really feels like Kobes victory lap. He's proven everything he had to... Now he is just going out there, having fun, and breaking records...

It's like a whole season of garbage time for a player who deserves some rest and less stress on winning.

andy2518
11-30-2014, 10:26 PM
This season really feels like Kobes victory lap. He's proven everything he had to... Now he is just going out there, having fun, and breaking records...

It's like a whole season of garbage time for a player who deserves some rest and less stress on winning.

Kobe's legacy is pretty much set. Shame that he didn't get a decent team around him the past few years. Also some very poor coaching choices.

tredigs
11-30-2014, 11:04 PM

I look at it as him selfishly ruining the potential improvement of a young team due to his inability to comprehend that he's no longer a dominant force.

jerellh528
11-30-2014, 11:38 PM
I look at it as him selfishly ruining the potential improvement of a young team due to his inability to comprehend that he's no longer a dominant force.

Lolz who's potential is he ruining? Lin? Boozer? Please answer this without sounding ridiculous

Jeffy25
11-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Kobe's legacy is pretty much set. Shame that he didn't get a decent team around him the past few years. Also some very poor coaching choices.

If he had a better team, I don't know how effective he would be.

I'm sure his efficiency would improve by not chucking it so much though.

kblo247
12-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Only one in history 30k / 6k / 6k

jerellh528
12-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Congrats kobe! Only one in nba history

JNA17
12-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Congrats Kobe. It's a shame the current Lakers team is the way it is but at least he got it in style with that triple double. :clap:

Master Mind
12-01-2014, 01:24 AM
I wonder where MJ would've been if he never retired during his prime...:shrug:

jerellh528
12-01-2014, 01:32 AM

I wonder what would happen if hogwarts was real

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM

You must have missed last nights game. ;)

Vinylman
12-01-2014, 12:51 PM

LMFAO

which young guy is he ruining?

Now, if you said that about Byron Scott I would agree because he won't play the only young guy with potential that we have (Clarkson).

Your Hate is inspiring though

PowerHouse
12-02-2014, 03:28 AM

..or where Bird would've been if it weren't for the back problems, or where Magic would've been if it werent for the HIV, or where Dr. J would've been if he didnt play his first 5 years in the ABA.

Damn, I can do this all day.

Raidaz4Life
12-02-2014, 09:19 AM
..or where Bird would've been if it weren't for the back problems, or where Magic would've been if it werent for the HIV, or where Dr. J would've been if he didnt play his first 5 years in the ABA.

Damn, I can do this all day.

Or where Kareem would have been if he were 6'2

PowerHouse
12-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Or where Kareem would have been if he were 6'2

Yea, or where Steve Nash would have been if he were 7'11".

WTF? No idea where youre going with that.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2014, 02:26 PM
I wonder what would happen if hogwarts was real

hahaha, yes!

Hawkeye15
12-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Kobe as a head coach? That would be interesting to say the least. Although you may be joking, I dont see him doing that but maybe ownership in some capacity.

Kobe would be an absolutely terrible coach.