PDA

View Full Version : Would it be fair for the 76ers to fire their coach?

beasted86
11-20-2014, 01:46 AM
With the team 0-11, I'm sure people will want to talk about how long they will go without a win, but lets instead turn attention to the coach, and who the GM/Owner will probably want to throw the blame on soon.

My opinion is the GM and owner failed to give the coach quality pieces to win games, so it would be a disgrace if they fired him. Do you think its fair to fire a coach when they are in such a dedicated tank/rebuild regardless of how many losses his team racks up?

STRIKERC
11-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Brett Brown ain't going nowhere, next!!!

JLynn943
11-20-2014, 01:55 AM
To fire him for not winning with the garbage he has to work with would be ridiculously cruel.

tredigs
11-20-2014, 01:55 AM
With the team 0-11, I'm sure people will want to talk about how long they will go without a win, but lets instead turn attention to the coach, and who the GM/Owner will probably want to throw the blame on soon.

My opinion is the GM and owner failed to give the coach quality pieces to win games, so it would be a disgrace if they fired him. Do you think its fair to fire a coach when they are in such a dedicated tank/rebuild regardless of how many losses his team racks up?

Lmao. Their season is going exactly according to plans. Why would they fire him?

As a fake posture that they're trying? I could see it. But, they're probably smart enough to realize that the backlash would come firing right back at them if they do that. It's considered a very smart front office, believe it or not.

More-Than-Most
11-20-2014, 02:08 AM
lol there is 0 chance they fire him

lajoie
11-20-2014, 02:14 AM
LOL. Brown is doing exactly what the owner and GM want which is to lose as many games as possible while trying to develop their young talent.

JeffG20
11-20-2014, 02:51 AM
You'd be doing him a favor.

SPURSFAN1
11-20-2014, 05:11 AM
Stupid thread seriously. You think they are trying to win? Winning to them is getting the number 1 pick next year and then having 10-12 years of dominance. People are just mad they are going to be able to do it.

JasonJohnHorn
11-20-2014, 08:30 AM
They got him specifically because he is a player development coach, and pulled him from SA. They won't fire him when they know that the reason they team is bad is that they GAVE him bad players.

Besides, this is 'winning' in their mind. They WANT the worst record so they have the best chance of getting the first pick.

PhillyFaninLA
11-20-2014, 08:56 AM
They aren't going to blame anyone, the ownership, Hinkie, and Brown all new what they where getting into. I'm more concerned about Brown wanting to leave.

PhillyFaninLA
11-20-2014, 08:58 AM
The first year with Hinkie, Brown, and the new ownership was about getting rid of bad contracts, and losing a ton of games.

This year is about finding next years 6 - 12 roster spots and losing as much as possible.

Next offseason is about getting the best players in the draft, probably buying out Saric's turkey contract, and seeing what to do with a ton a cap space a what on paper could look like a promising team.

MCW, Noles, Embiid, Saric.

2-ONE-5
11-20-2014, 09:45 AM
yea like everyone else has said there is literally no chance Brett Brown gets fired at any point during the duration of his contract.

ManningToTyree
11-20-2014, 09:55 AM
No chance everything is going according to plan

beasted86
11-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Lmao. Their season is going exactly according to plans. Why would they fire him?

As a fake posture that they're trying? I could see it. But, they're probably smart enough to realize that the backlash would come firing right back at them if they do that. It's considered a very smart front office, believe it or not.

That, exactly. Fake attempt at pretending they are trying. I think he might be a good coach if given pieces to work with. If they fire him it would be ridiculous.

valade16
11-20-2014, 10:22 AM
No chance everything is going according to plan

This. As a Blazers fan I can tell you that even being given seemingly the best hand is no guarantee of success. We at one point had Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, and had just drafted what everyone said was the next great center in Greg Oden. It takes a lot of luck.

Another example is OKC. Look at them. Once upon a time they had Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Jeff Green. 2 are now gone and the other 2 are now hurt. They have clearly regressed in talent overall and if they may never win a title, something most of us thought impossible given the state they were in just 3 years ago.

Slug3
11-20-2014, 10:29 AM
They would really look stupid if they fired him, pretty much everyone can see their plan here and that is to put the worse people on the court they can get away with and still act like they are not tanking. But pretty much everyone already can see they are.

2-ONE-5
11-20-2014, 10:32 AM
yea but OKC isnt the market Philly is. Our owner will have no problem going over the cap to sign these players if they make it and we wont already have max players on the roster like OKC did. Only Embiid projects to be a max player anyway and we already have more cap space then we can dream of.

MonroeFAN
11-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Why are Phili fans loling?

At what point are you going to stop tanking?

beasted86
11-20-2014, 10:57 AM
They aren't going to blame anyone, the ownership, Hinkie, and Brown all new what they where getting into. I'm more concerned about Brown wanting to leave.

I could see it. He's regularly talked about not being given actual NBA players. Seems like he's a bit frustrated with the process at times. Even though this is the plan, the more they lose, the more it might tarnish his resume that had such a good start learning under Pop.

YAALREADYKNO
11-20-2014, 11:29 AM
no the GM should be fired if anything. Their were rumors that the sixers were looking to trade away Michael Carter Williams this off season. It's like every time they get talent they always trade it away even Thaddeus young said it lol. That's on the GM not on the coach

torocan
11-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Yah, not happening.

Brett Brown is doing the best with what he was given. I wonder if even Pops could turn this roster into a winning team.

GM, Ownership and Brett Brown all know what's going down in Philly.

Tony_Starks
11-20-2014, 11:38 AM
The only way Phillys coach gets fired is if they go on a win streak.

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2014, 11:45 AM

This. They're trying to lose.

That, exactly. Fake attempt at pretending they are trying. I think he might be a good coach if given pieces to work with. If they fire him it would be ridiculous.
The management has shown that they don't care what ppl think about their tanking. They pretty much publicly called the proposed new lottery system BS

2-ONE-5
11-20-2014, 11:55 AM

next year we should be able to win around 30 games and the following year we expect playoffs

2-ONE-5
11-20-2014, 11:56 AM
no the GM should be fired if anything. Their were rumors that the sixers were looking to trade away Michael Carter Williams this off season. It's like every time they get talent they always trade it away even Thaddeus young said it lol. That's on the GM not on the coach

MCW rumors were a smokescreen we threw at the Magic so when we drafted Payton if forced them to give up some value in order to get him from us

mike_noodles
11-20-2014, 12:00 PM
He cannot win with this group, however if he is teaching them, he should get to keep his job. After all, losing is half of the plan and he's mastered it.

MonroeFAN
11-20-2014, 12:08 PM
next year we should be able to win around 30 games and the following year we expect playoffs

Fair response.

beasted86
11-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Stupid thread seriously. You think they are trying to win? Winning to them is getting the number 1 pick next year and then having 10-12 years of dominance. People are just mad they are going to be able to do it.
Yes, we are all jealous our teams aren't 0-11.

I think I need some time away from the IQ level of the NBA forum.

Hawkeye15
11-20-2014, 01:57 PM
why would they? He isn't in charge of the crap they gave him, this is Philly's plan, to tank, get some young talent, create a bunch of cap space, and then develop its youth and sign the fillers.

Hawkeye15
11-20-2014, 01:57 PM
The only way Phillys coach gets fired is if they go on a win streak.

hahaha, this.

likemystylez
11-20-2014, 05:53 PM
LOL. Brown is doing exactly what the owner and GM want which is to lose as many games as possible while trying to develop their young talent.

THIS- coaches have been fired under completely unfair circumstances before, and its always possible in pro sports.

However- even if he isnt fired, he is basically building a reputation for himself as being a good coach if your goal is to lose as much as possible. If you are interested in winning games- thats not really his specialty.

likemystylez
11-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Mark jackson kind of earned the reputation as an under achiever with the warriors. He had them winning more than they had in recent years, but given the talent level on that team and how many games to poor teams they lost each year- they should have easily been winning 7 or 8 more games each season

tredigs
11-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes, we are all jealous our teams aren't 0-11.

I think I need some time away from the IQ level of the NBA forum.

Yet, you can't seem to grasp what everybody else in here and around the NBA realizes?

SeoulBeatz
11-20-2014, 06:44 PM

Well we're happy because things are going according to plan and this is the last year of the tank.

Next year our roster will consist of:

Michael Carter Williams / Tony Wroten
KJ McDaniels / Hollis Thompson
Dario Saric (our #10 pick/ overseas) / Jeremi Grant (inj)/ Robert Covington
Nerlens Noel / Luc Mbah Moute
Joel Embiid (inj)/ Henry Sims

Plus (hopefully) a top 5 pick, Miami's 1st rounder, and 3 2nd round picks.

They have the youngest roster in the league, the most picks of any team over the next three years, and the most cap space in the league.

Next year is the perfect time for our GM to pounce and add vets to the core while seeing what we can do with our top pick. He has plenty of pieces to work with... can't wait to see what he does, just gotta suffer through this season first.

SeoulBeatz
11-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah... to answer OP, Brown will not be fired under any circumstance.

He was brought in from the Spurs because he's excellent at developing young talent. He knew what he signed up for. Do you think our owner doesn't know what's going on? lol

kobe4thewinbang
11-20-2014, 08:29 PM
The team should be sold and nuked from the league. Pathetic. How can they be THAT bad? It's the most obvious tanking I've ever seen. If I were a 76er player I'd wear a bag on my head.

2-ONE-5
11-20-2014, 08:57 PM
loll wait is a Lakers fan really talking about how bad another team is?

newsflash: you're the next worse team!

SeoulBeatz
11-20-2014, 09:15 PM

newsflash: you're the next worse team!

he does have a point though.....maybe if we signed Boozer and Lin we could be 3-9 by now.

DoMeFavors
11-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Why would you waste money firing and then hiring a coach when you aren't going to win anyway? Makes no sense at all.

PowerHouse
11-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Why would you waste money firing and then hiring a coach when you aren't going to win anyway? Makes no sense at all.

They need someone to blame. Plus it shows the Philly fans that they trying something rather than being complacent or tanking. Im not saying do it now, maybe middle of season.

mjt20mik
11-20-2014, 11:49 PM
No way. They have tons of young talent that just needs developing. I'm dying to see Noel play, and Saric has always intrigued me. KJ McDaniels is going to be a beast, and even Jerami Grant is a good prospect.

DoMeFavors
11-21-2014, 12:02 AM
They need someone to blame. Plus it shows the Philly fans that they trying something rather than being complacent or tanking. Im not saying do it now, maybe middle of season.

Philly needs to save money they aren't going to get a lot of fans going to their games.

beasted86
11-21-2014, 01:27 AM

I'm pretty sure this exact same Sixers organization was paying Mo Cheeks, Eddie Jordan, and Doug Collins simultaneously just 2-3 years ago because they fired 2 out of those 3 with years still left on their deal. Sure, it was the past owner, but when the losing starts, everyone points the finger at somebody else to try and escape blame.

beasted86
11-21-2014, 01:32 AM

I think it could happen too. But I wanted more to know whether it would actually be fair.

Let's say the team started the season 0-20, and by the all-star break was like 5-45.... is any number of losses fair or unfair to fire him at when they gave him trash to start out with? Is there really any difference between an 0-82 season and a 10-72 season when they expected (see: intended) to lose heavily? He's basically working with a college team trying to play NBA teams every night.

2-ONE-5
11-21-2014, 09:57 AM

no its not happening. The FO and owenership doesnt need a scapegoat from anything. brown will be extended in 2 years

kobe4thewinbang
11-21-2014, 11:24 AM

newsflash: you're the next worse team!Are you actually defending the 76ers? They're cheating. Don't start making fun of the Lakers, because anyone can do that at this point. But the Lakers are still nowhere close to what the 76ers are doing--or have been doing for how many seasons now?

2-ONE-5
11-21-2014, 12:29 PM
ummm we have been on this plan for 90 games lol and now we are cheating????? hahahahahaah

True Sports Fan
11-21-2014, 12:56 PM
To fire him for not winning with the garbage he has to work with would be ridiculously cruel.

This. Especially considering they want to tank anyways.

Tony_Starks
11-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Now the team that actually ends up losing to Philly.....yeah they coach is getting fired!

TheIlladelph16
11-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Are you actually defending the 76ers? They're cheating. Don't start making fun of the Lakers, because anyone can do that at this point. But the Lakers are still nowhere close to what the 76ers are doing--or have been doing for how many seasons now?

1. It's been one season that this has occurred, now on its second. It started with the draft following two seasons ago where we trade Jrue to NO. It has literally been one season and people like you act like we are rolling on fourth or fifth year of tanking.

2. What the Sixers are doing is not cheating. It is very specifically within the rules, considering the fact that they are literally trying to change the rules in order to prevent it. Until they are breaking any specific rules, please keep the "cheating" nonsense out of it.

3. The Sixers are pretty openly trying to lose games at this point. The Lakers on the other hand are not. What does that say about the Lakers that they are just barely better than the Sixers win wise while actually trying to win? I feel like that reflects just as poorly on that sorry *** squad in LA as it does the Sixers.

The Ooh Child
11-21-2014, 03:15 PM
The front office has been very transparent with the media and fans about what they are doing. They regularly talk about a long rebuilding process and commend the fans for their patience and understanding. So this is kind of a silly hypothetical.

Munkeysuit
11-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Hahaha, would it be fair to just say fire the entire team? cause everyone who knows anything about basketball would know their futility is NOT the coaches fault.

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2014, 07:09 PM
1. It's been one season that this has occurred, now on its second. It started with the draft following two seasons ago where we trade Jrue to NO. It has literally been one season and people like you act like we are rolling on fourth or fifth year of tanking.

2. What the Sixers are doing is not cheating. It is very specifically within the rules, considering the fact that they are literally trying to change the rules in order to prevent it. Until they are breaking any specific rules, please keep the "cheating" nonsense out of it.

3. The Sixers are pretty openly trying to lose games at this point. The Lakers on the other hand are not. What does that say about the Lakers that they are just barely better than the Sixers win wise while actually trying to win? I feel like that reflects just as poorly on that sorry *** squad in LA as it does the Sixers.Tanking should be illegal and I hope it is sooner rather than later.

2-ONE-5
11-23-2014, 07:48 PM
lol well the Lakers are doing their best to make sure they keep pace

omdigga
11-24-2014, 12:08 PM
They should give that coach a raise for getting his guys to play hard until the final whistle.

pebloemer
11-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Would it be fair to force him to coach a full 82 game season? What a train wreck of a roster.

2-ONE-5
11-24-2014, 01:24 PM
force him? you mean continue to pay him. The world knew what the Sixers were doing and we could have hired anyone for the first 3 years until the team was ready to make the next step. Brown was hired for a reason and he is likely our long term coach of the future

pebloemer
11-24-2014, 01:33 PM
force him? you mean continue to pay him. The world knew what the Sixers were doing and we could have hired anyone for the first 3 years until the team was ready to make the next step. Brown was hired for a reason and he is likely our long term coach of the future

I have no issue with what they are doing. They are certainly operating within the rules of the CBA. But to take such a drastic direction definitely comes with a degree of mockery and disrespect from the basketball community. I hope you are able to take it with the same degree of humour and light-heartedness to which is was intended (at least in my post).

ghettosean
11-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Why fire him he's giving FO what they want another lottery pick.

Philly Hammer
11-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Tanking should be illegal and I hope it is sooner rather than later.
If the Lakers were doing the tanking you wouldn't say ****.

2-ONE-5
11-24-2014, 02:19 PM
I have no issue with what they are doing. They are certainly operating within the rules of the CBA. But to take such a drastic direction definitely comes with a degree of mockery and disrespect from the basketball community. I hope you are able to take it with the same degree of humour and light-heartedness to which is was intended (at least in my post).

thats fine. i mean we get more attention than the majority of the league even last year in the thick of the palyoff races we were still getting tons of attention over this when any other team (minus Lakers, Knicks) woud be an afterthought

pebloemer
11-24-2014, 02:27 PM
thats fine. i mean we get more attention than the majority of the league even last year in the thick of the palyoff races we were still getting tons of attention over this when any other team (minus Lakers, Knicks) woud be an afterthought

Coming from Toronto, I've wanted a proper rebuild for a couple of our franchises (Toronto included) for quite some time. Thankfully the haphazard rebuild started by Colangelo and the departure of Bosh seems to be working out quite fine. But it has been a long time since pretty much any Toronto team has been able to draft and develop elite young talent as its foundation (Valanciunas at 5th overall is the closest we've gotten for a while). I thought the Holiday trade was a very smart move by your front office and the Noel/Embiid front court could be a force in the future but I don't know how you 76er's fans continue to support the team during such a wretched stretch of seasons.

2-ONE-5
11-24-2014, 02:42 PM
just look at the last 12 seasons we had to watch. we all want a title and this is the best way to build towards one. rather be the worst team in the league for a few years than go back to 6-10 seeds and early playoff exits.

crewfan13
11-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Tanking should be illegal and I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Why? If an owner is willing to lose and potentially lose money (since they have to pay a salary floor), then let them do it. There's really no evidence that tanking actually works. Everyone points to OKC as a team that was built through the draft, but for every one OKC, there's 10 teams who are perpetually in the lottery that never really get any better. Its about lucking into an early pick in a year that actually has a franchise changer. Then you have to do that again and basically hit every pick. Take Cleveland as an example. Pretend that they didn't get Lebron back and trade for Love. They basically had 5 top 5 picks in 4 years with the first pick 3 times, and that team still would have probably been a few pieces away unless Wiggins would have turned into a superstar (like a top 5 player in the league.)

Its a risky strategy that has very little chance of success, so if you want to try it, be my guest. And beyond that, what does it hurt the rest of the league. I've been a fan of Milwaukee for over 20 years. Basically for the last 10 years, we've tried doing what the league wants small markets teams to do. We keep signing the mid level free agents to somewhat big deals in hopes of competing for that 8th seed and lucking into a great draft pick. It didn't work, and we were constantly sitting around a .500 record with no real chance in the playoffs. Fans get turned off by that too. Watching a team play .500 ball year after year and get swept out of the playoffs isn't exactly entertaining basketball and gets old quickly. So if you get rid of tanking and get Philly to sign those same crappy mid tier guys to carry the team wouldn't be any more enticing for fans than throwing a bunch of young crap on the court and hope a few of them develop into good players while you wait to finally get a major hit in the draft.

Coming from Toronto, I've wanted a proper rebuild for a couple of our franchises (Toronto included) for quite some time. Thankfully the haphazard rebuild started by Colangelo and the departure of Bosh seems to be working out quite fine. But it has been a long time since pretty much any Toronto team has been able to draft and develop elite young talent as its foundation (Valanciunas at 5th overall is the closest we've gotten for a while). I thought the Holiday trade was a very smart move by your front office and the Noel/Embiid front court could be a force in the future but I don't know how you 76er's fans continue to support the team during such a wretched stretch of seasons.

Yea good for you guys on that one. Like I said above, we tried that in Milwaukee for many years, and it finally took a team vastly underachieving and falling apart to fully trigger our rebuild. Getting stuck in that purgatory of the NBA is almost worse than what the 76ers are doing. I'd rather support young players who try hard and have some upside than a bunch of vets collecting a check in order to battle to see who gets to be swept out of the playoffs by the 1 or 2 seed.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2014, 04:04 PM
To get fans to go to Sixer games they should sign Iverson to a 10 day contract I bet the place would be packed.

Goose17
11-24-2014, 04:07 PM
To get fans to go to Sixer games they should sign Iverson to a 10 day contract I bet the place would be packed.

Sign him for the season, why not? He wanted to come back not long ago, let him win the scoring title on 30% from the field. Make some damn money.

2-ONE-5
11-24-2014, 05:11 PM
lol we have some big sponsors im pretty sure the team didnt even lose money last year and for whatever reason attendance seems to be slightly higher this year (not saying much)

ohreally
11-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Management is doing everything they can to lose. But that said, they've actually had one of the toughest schedules so far. They did lose to the Knicks though.

What I don't get is why Silver would talk about the Nets overspending rather than Philly making a mockery of the game.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2014, 09:47 AM
ummmm Silver tried to change the lottery format bcuz of the Sixers. But the nets dont know jhow to run a team and instead of sharing revenue they are losing tons of it

kobe4thewinbang
11-25-2014, 08:20 PM
If the Lakers were doing the tanking you wouldn't say ****.Yeah, I would. They're not an exception. Tanking is despicable. It's dishonest and offensive to the concept of sports. How is it any different than boxing falls or that crooked ref? You can't honestly believe these players are trying their best to win. They would've won a single game by now! And that is why it's cheating.

SeoulBeatz
11-25-2014, 08:48 PM
ummmm Silver tried to change the lottery format bcuz of the Sixers. But the nets dont know jhow to run a team and instead of sharing revenue they are losing tons of it

And the Nets have former Sixer GM Billy King to thank for that, you know.... the genius who gave Sammy Dalembert $60 mill and Kenny Thomas $50 mill???

The guy was the embodiment of Sixer's mediocrity. That dumbass stagnated the franchise for a decade and now he's doing the same to the Nets. They paid $200 mill in luxury tax for a 5-8 team with no chance at contending and no prospect for the future after trading all their 1sts to Boston for Pierce and Garnett.

If people really think that's a better plan than what the Sixers are doing then you're severely misinformed.

slashsnake
11-30-2014, 08:14 AM
just look at the last 12 seasons we had to watch. we all want a title and this is the best way to build towards one. rather be the worst team in the league for a few years than go back to 6-10 seeds and early playoff exits.

It will be neat to see if this does work or not. How will that culture of losing affect them, and guys like MCW, Noel, Wroten and others. Will it really hurt their development as leaders and players?

And what will happen when they hit FA that first time. What will their memories of their time in Philly be? Sure the sun may be looking brighter finally, but will they just be wanting to get out ASAP?

jp611
11-30-2014, 09:45 AM

Until it backfires and you just remain a bottom dweller. The Sixers have done nothing to improve their team for the future. They have one guy worth a damn in KJ McDaniels. And even the draft picks they've made have been overrated (Noel and MCW especially). Embiid has a lot of potential, but I don't trust tall, lanky guys. Tends to lead to knee problems. There's no end in sight for awfulness for this team. And next years draft isn't even very good. This could be the end of tanking for the NBA, as the league wants to put an end to it. I fully expect this plan to blow up in the Sixers management faces.

jp611
11-30-2014, 09:49 AM
It will be neat to see if this does work or not. How will that culture of losing affect them, and guys like MCW, Noel, Wroten and others. Will it really hurt their development as leaders and players?

And what will happen when they hit FA that first time. What will their memories of their time in Philly be? Sure the sun may be looking brighter finally, but will they just be wanting to get out ASAP?

Literally one of these guys is in their future. MCW will be dealt because the Sixers know he's not that great, and Wroten is seriously terrible. That guy cannot stop turning the ball over. He's not a part of the Sixers future. He's a part of the tank.

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 01:14 PM

not at all. people keep talking losing culture but thats not true, at least not to me. Clippers were losers forver and that worked out fine, if we are creating a lsing culture than what kind do they have in NY, BK, DEN, ATL, etc? We have created a family type culture so far and it shows if you follow the team. Being on the court is the best way to develop and its paying off huge for guys like Wroten and McDaniels who are thriving early on in the season with KJ maybe being the best rook to the this point. We all know money talks in this league and our core players want to be here i have no worries about anyone wanting to leave bcuz of how these past 2 seasons go.

2-ONE-5
11-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Until it backfires and you just remain a bottom dweller. The Sixers have done nothing to improve their team for the future. They have one guy worth a damn in KJ McDaniels. And even the draft picks they've made have been overrated (Noel and MCW especially). Embiid has a lot of potential, but I don't trust tall, lanky guys. Tends to lead to knee problems. There's no end in sight for awfulness for this team. And next years draft isn't even very good. This could be the end of tanking for the NBA, as the league wants to put an end to it. I fully expect this plan to blow up in the Sixers management faces.

lol no you just HOPE it blows up. i love posts like these, thanks

likemystylez
11-30-2014, 01:37 PM

there is no gaurentee that the guys the 76ers are drafting will get them a championship (or even make them an elite team)

crewfan13
11-30-2014, 03:06 PM

lol no you just HOPE it blows up. i love posts like these, thanks

To be fair, you're both sort of right here. If you look at the data, the odds are that tanking for high draft picks doesn't actually work to build a contender. OKC is about the only true example of it working, and even they haven't won a championship.

That being said, despite the realistic low chance of success, it is the best strategy. As a bucks fan, I witnessed how futile it is to continue to fight for the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs but never being bad enough to get a good pick, and never realistically having a chance to do anything but maybe force a game 7 every couple of years. As horrible as tanking may seem, the system the nba has in place with max contracts and a soft cap, it's really the only way to even get a chance at seriously getting better.

CityofTreez
11-30-2014, 05:50 PM

Sign him for the season, why not? He wanted to come back not long ago, let him win the scoring title on 30% from the field. Make some damn money.

#BringBackAI #WhyNot