PDA

View Full Version : Raptors give Vince Carter a tribute before Raps vs Grizz game, brings VC to tears

spreadeagle
11-19-2014, 09:23 PM
I like it...many NBA players from Canada say the reason they started playing is cause they watched Vince as a kid in Canada

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKacAhh9zM

bucketss
11-19-2014, 09:28 PM
i think he still got a few boo's

ThuglifeJ
11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Nice. Well deserved, great moment.

Goose17
11-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Is it true the fans booed him? That's some classless ****. Get over it already the trade happened years ago.

nastynice
11-19-2014, 10:17 PM
that's pretty awesome to see. Good for VC and good for Tdot!

I wonder when laker fans are gonna start applauding and giving tributes to Howard. lol

RLundi
11-19-2014, 10:20 PM
I like that they booed him, I think it demonstrates that Raptors fans are passionate about basketball.

But the standing ovation and seeing Carter shed tears was nice and heartwarming. It looks like they finally are beginning to appreciate him now that his career is in its twilight.

SeoulBeatz
11-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Carter left on ugly terms but I think it was a classy and necessary gesture by Toronto.

VC was a kid back in his Toronto days, he's not the same guy he was 10 years ago and it's nice to see him appreciated.

The best dunker of all time, hands down IMO.

A lot of freakish dunkers have entered the league since VC's prime but none of them can throw it down as majestically as he did.

smith&wesson
11-19-2014, 10:59 PM
big game...

dalton749
11-19-2014, 11:02 PM
that was a playoff game between the top of both conferences

JasonJohnHorn
11-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Fawk Vince Carter. I've been a Canadian basketball fan since before Toronto even had a team. I have no respect for a guy who intentionally tanks his performance on the court to force a trade right after getting a coach fired. I don't care how many years elapse, I'm not a fan. Was he the best player we had? Maybe. Bosh is in contention there. But the team's only been around for a short while and we've had awful management, so we haven't had many 'franchise' caliber players.

He disrespected the fan base by tanking. You don't get to make up for that.

koreancabbage
11-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Fawk Vince Carter. I've been a Canadian basketball fan since before Toronto even had a team. I have no respect for a guy who intentionally tanks his performance on the court to force a trade right after getting a coach fired. I don't care how many years elapse, I'm not a fan. Was he the best player we had? Maybe. Bosh is in contention there. But the team's only been around for a short while and we've had awful management, so we haven't had many 'franchise' caliber players.

and he's one of the fans that booed him.

I love Vince Carter. I might have been mad in the first year post-VC but Raps management got complacent. Just because you put Bosh in that paragraph, i laugh at thee lol. He put the Raptors on the map. plain and simple. that enough is well earned respect imho.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Is it true the fans booed him? That's some classless ****. Get over it already the trade happened years ago.

It's just the immature bitter fans trying to ruin the moment as always. Always gotta be those kinds of people.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 12:56 AM
that was a playoff game between the top of both conferences

Unfortunately Grizzlies only had 8 players suit up though due to a stomach virus that hit their team.

Lee, Allen, backup center, backup point guard, backup PF all out..sorta ruined that.

was really looking forward to the game otherwise. still a good finish.

ewing
11-20-2014, 12:59 AM

:clap: I am Vince Cater fan and i can't believe people are saying good for the Raptors. Should they have an Alonzo Mourning day too?

ewing
11-20-2014, 01:01 AM
He tanked on the team

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 01:02 AM

I love Vince Carter. I might have been mad in the first year post-VC but Raps management got complacent. Just because you put Bosh in that paragraph, i laugh at thee lol. He put the Raptors on the map. plain and simple. that enough is well earned respect imho.

Yea. I feel like I was in the minority Toronto fans wayyy more pissed at the crap management. They were awful..never bringing in help..not getting Dr. J on the team and instead BABCOCK.

If you still can defend Babcock here's a little information on his latest news. 2013 "I still firmly believe we won the Vince Carter trade."

what a delusional idiot.

Not to mention Vince said he came to management to say he's sorry and wants to stay with Toronto before he got shipped out for the worst trade in history.

72 Wins
11-20-2014, 12:16 PM
You can't go through life being bitter even if you're in the right. It was cool for Toronto to let it go and give him a tribute. Vince did so much for the city, just ended really bad. But he was at a different maturity level at the time and I'm sure he regrets it. Anyways, this just goes to show how classy of an organization Toronto is. The fact that many of the fans turned their boos into a standing ovation shows the fans do truly appreciate him and are willing to forgive. It's good to see something positive for a change.

Tony_Starks
11-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I love that they gave him the respect he deserves. If there were no VC there's no way the Raptors would be where they are today. Remember the Vancouver Grizzlies? Ok then, Vince put Torronto on the map for the rest of the basketball world. It's only right they show appreciation.

Kelly Gruber
11-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately Grizzlies only had 8 players suit up though due to a stomach virus that hit their team.

Lee, Allen, backup center, backup point guard, backup PF all out..sorta ruined that.

was really looking forward to the game otherwise. still a good finish.

May have made some difference, but the Grizz still had all of their main pieces and none of them really looked fatigued at all.

Was a fun game to watch anyway. There were some boos when they first started the video, but by the end everyone was standing and cheering and Vince was crying. He did quit on the team and the city at one point, so this was a good way to bury the hatchet.

omdigga
11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
this was a really cool moment. i think we can leave it at that.. the game was really good too! overall great night for emotions and basketball.. I love this game.

Vampirate
11-20-2014, 12:51 PM
May have made some difference, but the Grizz still had all of their main pieces and none of them really looked fatigued at all.

Was a fun game to watch anyway. There were some boos when they first started the video, but by the end everyone was standing and cheering and Vince was crying. He did quit on the team and the city at one point, so this was a good way to bury the hatchet.

He made some bad decisions in his Toronto days but he's matured by now.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:11 PM
i think he still got a few boo's

He did... Before and after the ovation and to be honest he did deserve a mix of both.

Cal827
11-20-2014, 01:11 PM
I love that they gave him the respect he deserves. If there were no VC there's no way the Raptors would be where they are today. Remember the Vancouver Grizzlies? Ok then, Vince put Torronto on the map for the rest of the basketball world. It's only right they show appreciation.

Pretty much this.

As bad as Carter left, if he didn't do what he did here, we very well might have also relocated into the US. (Funny enough, we were against the relocated Grizzlies yesterday).

It's been 10 years, people have to let it go. Carter made errors, our Management made a horrible trade. Both parties have moved on. I think was bad that we were booing 5 years after :laugh2:

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:14 PM

Yep that's all it was :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Management didn't force him to tank and management didn't force him to talk trash about us on NATIONAL TV. There is so many things he did wrong on his way out it really hasn't been duplicated before nor do I think anyone wants to duplicate that crap.

"I'm not dunking anymore"

Go ******* yourself Vince!

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Pretty much this.

As bad as Carter left, if he didn't do what he did here, we very well might have also relocated into the US. (Funny enough, we were against the relocated Grizzlies yesterday).

It's been 10 years, people have to let it go. Carter made errors, our Management made a horrible trade. Both parties have moved on. I think was bad that we were booing 5 years after :laugh2:

I can't think of a worse exit in basketball history where a player just disrespects the entire fanbase before leaving I'd love someone to think of someone worse.

"I wasn't trying my hardest in Toronto"

GFY Vince!

Yes I'm still bitter... LOL

Goose17
11-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Yep that's all it was :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

LOL... number #4, he missed a clutch shot. Oh well it's understandable you hate him. How dare he miss a shot? What an arsehole.

Blame your own management for the lopsided trade.

Again, youngsters do and say stupid crap. Time to move on. He's not the same person he was then.

He put Toronto on the map, nobody would care about them if it wasn't for VC.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:32 PM
LOL... number #4, he missed a clutch shot. Oh well it's understandable you hate him. How dare he miss a shot? What an arsehole.

Again, youngsters do and say stupid crap. Get over it. He's not the same person he was then.

I never said any of this you did.

Tony_Starks
11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Pretty much this.

Lol. Some fans are going to play the bitter ex girlfriend role, I get it. But looking at the big picture the Grizzlies and Raptors were expiraments for the NBA expanding into new markets. They relocated the Grizz quick because Big Country and Shareef weren't enough to draw fans. Vince is the one that kept the casual basketball fan even caring about the Raptors or even knowing who they were.

So it's like you can be bitter against VC but would you prefer to not even have a team?

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:40 PM

Again, youngsters do and say stupid crap. Time to move on. He's not the same person he was then.

I'm also not as focused on the trade as you are but sure why not lets talk about it... He refused to Dunk, refused to play hard at all (driving his stats and trade value waaaaaaaaaaaaay down) and you soley want me to blame management for that???

What planet are you on?

I agree the trade was bad and all but I'm not focused on one side only like you are when discussing it. Had Vince kept his numbers to his average and gave a crap when he was on the floor we probably would have had more options on the trade market than the crap we got. The trade was terrible and the GM made the deal but I'm not blaming him soley especially when you see how low is trade value was at that time.

I'm also not saying he's the same person now as he was then but he set the franchise back a long looooooooooong ways with all the crap he pulled before he was traded. He did put Toronto on the map and I won't deny that but I'm not going to deny all the crap he pulled on the franchise before he left. I would dare you to find anyone with a worse exit on cutting up the fanbase than Vince did to Toronto.

I'll save you the trouble you won't find any... Lebron and D12 are baby stuff compared to what VC did.

S & B Bleeder
11-20-2014, 01:41 PM
This thread is further proof that utter idiots run rampant in this forum.

That ESPN top 10 reasons to hate vince carter nailed it. Thats the gutless vagina i'll always remember, and he did it to himself by his actions and words.

At one point, he was actually compared to Kobe...LOLOL.

I couldnt be happier that he never got a ring. GTFO Vince, you pathetic *****, the league will not miss you. Hell, most of us wont even know you left. A fitting end to this tools career.

Sly Guy
11-20-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't really care anymore, tbh, but I didn't like the tribute. There's still some hard feelings here and I think forcing a tribute down those fans' throats felt pretty bitter for them.

By his reaction, you can see it bothers Carter about what he did when he left here, but it's not the place of the organization or the media to tell the fans what they should or shouldn't forgive, that's the choice of the fans. I'm ok with them still booing even if I don't partake in it. Sometimes you just make a mistake in life that never gets better-this might be one of those times, as bitter as it may be for vince, I don't think he'll ever feel totally welcome coming back.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:47 PM

That ESPN top 10 reasons to hate vince carter nailed it. Thats the gutless vagina i'll always remember, and he did it to himself by his actions and words.

At one point, he was actually compared to Kobe...LOLOL.

I couldnt be happier that he never got a ring. GTFO Vince, you pathetic *****, the league will not miss you. Hell, most of us wont even know you left. A fitting end to this tools career.

Thank you.... I ain't really mad at Bosh or McGrady but Vince was just a piece of sh** as to how he left the team.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't really care anymore, tbh, but I didn't like the tribute. There's still some hard feelings here and I think forcing a tribute down those fans' throats felt pretty bitter for them.

By his reaction, you can see it bothers Carter about what he did when he left here, but it's not the place of the organization or the media to tell the fans what they should or shouldn't forgive, that's the choice of the fans. I'm ok with them still booing even if I don't partake in it. Sometimes you just make a mistake in life that never gets better-this might be one of those times, as bitter as it may be for vince, I don't think he'll ever feel totally welcome coming back.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Best post of the thread yet!

Goose17
11-20-2014, 01:59 PM
the league will not miss you. Hell, most of us wont even know you left.

He's going to a HOFer and was one of the most influential and memorable faces of the late 90's/early 00's.

Whether you like him or not is completely irrelevant, that comment you just made is foolish.

Miltstar
11-20-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm a Raptor fan, I'm a Vince Carter fan... the guy made some mistakes, but he also did more for this team than any other individual aside from maybe Massai or Drake. He had a lot going on in his life, his brother went to jail, his cousin bailed on the team at first chance. He's an emotional dude but I can't hate on him. You can tell both he and T-Mac regret leaving... you gotta remember most Americans think the USA is the greatest country in the world and that Canada is similar to the North Pole and to his defense Rob Babcock may have been the worst GM of all time!

Carter is very similar to Lebron IMO they're divas love em or hate em

S & B Bleeder
11-20-2014, 02:32 PM
He's going to a HOFer.
I laughed. Hard. We'll see, eventually.

Bottom line is once this guy's athleticism started to fade MANY years ago he FELL OFF A DAMN CLIFF statwise, dunkwise, and in just about every other way. He hasnt been a game changing player for a long damn time...just floating around stealing paychecks and chucking up multitudes of shots.

Hell, when Toronto traded him he got blasted by the media for turning into a jump shooter and chucking up too much instead of driving to the rim. He was called lazy by many for it.

The HOF isnt for guys who had a good 5 year run and then proceeded to mostly suck and be a 2nd tier player for the rest of thier career. It also isnt for known quitters who dont give 100% and admit to it. This guy is nothing more than an eventual 'Trivia Question' game answer that the next generation will not know, and will wonder why he was so hyped by the older generation if they do find out about him.

He was a great dunker early in his career. End of story. We'll see if thats enough to make the HOF.

abe_froman
11-20-2014, 02:43 PM
i get you're bitter over him leaving and what not,but you're hatred is clouding your logic.after his athleticism left,he became an adept shooter(not deadly,but above average).and as for hof-8x all star,roy,a few all nbaer,top 30 on the points list,ranks well in career ppg,ws,PER,vorp,ect. ,bbr ranked 14th among active players in hof probability.he's def going in

Miltstar
11-20-2014, 02:47 PM
i get you're bitter over him leaving and what not,but you're hatred is clouding your logic.after his athleticism left,he became an adept shooter(not deadly,but above average).and as for hof-8x all star,roy,a few all nbaer,top 30 on the points list,ranks well in career ppg,ws,PER,vorp,ect. ,bbr ranked 14th among active players in hof probability.he's def going in

It's just a shame he had the potential to be soo much more

Miltstar
11-20-2014, 02:48 PM

You're calling people idiots yet you don't even know what network that top ten list came from :cool:

Jamiecballer
11-20-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm also not as focused on the trade as you are but sure why not lets talk about it... He refused to Dunk, refused to play hard at all (driving his stats and trade value waaaaaaaaaaaaay down) and you soley want me to blame management for that???

What planet are you on?

I agree the trade was bad and all but I'm not focused on one side only like you are when discussing it. Had Vince kept his numbers to his average and gave a crap when he was on the floor we probably would have had more options on the trade market than the crap we got. The trade was terrible and the GM made the deal but I'm not blaming him soley especially when you see how low is trade value was at that time.

I'm also not saying he's the same person now as he was then but he set the franchise back a long looooooooooong ways with all the crap he pulled before he was traded. He did put Toronto on the map and I won't deny that but I'm not going to deny all the crap he pulled on the franchise before he left. I would dare you to find anyone with a worse exit on cutting up the fanbase than Vince did to Toronto.

I'll save you the trouble you won't find any... Lebron and D12 are baby stuff compared to what VC did.

grow up dude. you make Raptor fans look bad.

S & B Bleeder
11-20-2014, 03:10 PM
i get you're bitter over him leaving

Lol. I couldnt give less of a **** about that.

Its the way he handled himself and his actions that speaks volumes. He's a POS that is ringless.....and rightly so.

Goose17
11-20-2014, 03:43 PM
I laughed. Hard.

Don't know why, clearly your bias against him is clouding your judgement.

Bottom line is once this guy's athleticism started to fade MANY years ago he FELL OFF A DAMN CLIFF statwise, dunkwise, and in just about every other way. He hasnt been a game changing player for a long damn time...just floating around stealing paychecks and chucking up multitudes of shots.

LOL... yep, clear bias showing up again. Vince is one of the few older players that managed to reinvent his game and find a new role. He's an excellent 3 and D player now and did well to adapt his game.

The HOF isnt for guys who had a good 5 year run and then proceeded to mostly suck and be a 2nd tier player for the rest of thier career. It also isnt for known quitters who dont give 100% and admit to it. This guy is nothing more than an eventual 'Trivia Question' game answer that the next generation will not know, and will wonder why he was so hyped by the older generation if they do find out about him.

LMAO... wow. You really hate the guy huh? Did he rape your mother or something? Calm the **** down it's only a game.

He's clearly going to be a hall of famer, he influenced millions of kids. He's iconic. Even people that don't follow basketball have heard of Vince Carter.

8X All Star
All-NBA Second Team
All-NBA Third Team
Rookie of the Year
Slam Dunk Champion
Olympic Gold Medalist
Co-holds NBA playoff record for most three-point field goals made in one game
Holds the playoff record for most three-point field goals made in one half
Holds four Nets Franchise records, most points in a single season, most three point field goals made in a game, most consecutive 20+ point games, the first Net to EVER score 2,000 points in a single season.

He will likely retire inside the top 25 career scoring leaders (behind Allen, Barkley, Iverson and Ewing).
He's currently in the top 10 career 3-point scoring leaders.

You're kidding yourself if you think he doesn't make the hall of fame.

http://grantland.com/features/the-case-vinsanity-hall-famer-lakers-defensive-mess-nba-loudest-arena-jeremy-lin-doing-right/

Jamiecballer
11-20-2014, 03:44 PM
^ drumroll please....... ITS A SLAM DUNK!

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Lol. Some fans are going to play the bitter ex girlfriend role, I get it. But looking at the big picture the Grizzlies and Raptors were expiraments for the NBA expanding into new markets. They relocated the Grizz quick because Big Country and Shareef weren't enough to draw fans. Vince is the one that kept the casual basketball fan even caring about the Raptors or even knowing who they were.

So it's like you can be bitter against VC but would you prefer to not even have a team?

They have made the playoffs 6 years out of the 20 years they have been in the league (that's including last year) and they are and were always in the top half of the league as far as attendance goes during that time and that includes the many years we were a complete joke (minus 1 year). I think too many people under estimates toronto's fanbase and size.

Vancouver is not Toronto just to make that clear just like New Jersey is not L.A.

albertajaysfan
11-20-2014, 04:17 PM
:clap: I am Vince Cater fan and i can't believe people are saying good for the Raptors. Should they have an Alonzo Mourning day too?

Not even remotely comparable.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 04:17 PM
grow up dude. you make Raptor fans look bad.

Says the one poster :clap:

I've been a fan since day one and a season ticket holder for years through the good and bad times so I don't really give a crap what you think to be honest. As I said in an earlier post I have no issues with Bosh or T-Mac but Vince f**ked the team over plain and simple I wasn't happy about it then and I'm not happy about it now.

DEAL WITH IT!

albertajaysfan
11-20-2014, 04:23 PM

Hell, when Toronto traded him he got blasted by the media for turning into a jump shooter and chucking up too much instead of driving to the rim. He was called lazy by many for it.

He was a great dunker early in his career. End of story. We'll see if thats enough to make the HOF.

Have you even watched him over the last few years?

albertajaysfan
11-20-2014, 04:24 PM

I've been a fan since day one and a season ticket holder for years through the good and bad times so I don't really give a crap what you think to be honest. As I said in an earlier post I have no issues with Bosh or T-Mac but Vince f**ked the team over plain and simple I wasn't happy about it then and I'm not happy about it now.

DEAL WITH IT!

Oh there is more than one poster who feels that way.

You are entitled to your opinion but I can still think you are behaving like spoiled brat in how you express it.

edit: Letting go doesn't mean you are happy with his actions.

b_russ
11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Vince did some great things for the Raptors organization. I don't think anyone, including Raptors fans, are disputing that.

This may be apples to oranges, but I'm a Jazz fan, and there's a handful former players that have been on the team that I genuinely dislike/hate (call it what you want.) They've done things while on the team that were selfish and damaged the team in some way. Still acknowledging they did some positive things, the bad outweighed the good in my opinion. I don't feel an obligation to cheer for them when they come to town, rather as a sports fan I choose to boo them.

If someone's got their facts straight about a previous situation with a player and chooses root against them, who are any of us to tell them they can't boo them? Vince may have carried some Raptors fans with him to New Jersey, some Toronto fans may not have been as offended by the situation and choose not hate him, others may have let the wound heal with time. Obviously, there's still fans that don't like the guy. Why can't they choose to boo or cheer the way they choose to?

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
I'll still never respect him for his antics when he left. If people want to cheer him for what he did that's their prerogative.

bucketss
11-20-2014, 04:51 PM

DEAL WITH IT!

not like bosh was any better, i do remember him quitting and milking injuries in the second half of the 2010 season.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 05:06 PM
He's going to a HOFer.

You sound like a damn ex girlfriend being bitter as hell getting bested and trying to hide it you care by just obviously lying to themselves non stop. That's called being petty as well.

Get over it and man up.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 05:11 PM
not like bosh was any better, i do remember him quitting and milking injuries in the second half of the 2010 season.

True but not to the extent that VC did but I do agree with you. I'm not really bitter at Bosh though we got some sort of value back from him in the end and he never commited to us before he was a free agent to it's not that big a deal same with T-Mac.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 05:13 PM
I'll still never respect him for his antics when he left. If people want to cheer him for what he did that's their prerogative.

Exactly I'm not mad at posters who like VC but I am mad at those that try to shove it down my throat that I have to forgive what he did or let it go. Pisses me off even more... LOL.

If people like him good for you but it doesn't mean the entire fanbase needs to agree because from the honoring of VC last night it seems like the fans were conflicted as there were some boo's in there.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh there is more than one poster who feels that way.

You are entitled to your opinion but I can still think you are behaving like spoiled brat in how you express it.

edit: Letting go doesn't mean you are happy with his actions.

How am I behaving like a spoiled brat by pointing out that VC screwed over our franchise and publically disgraced us????

Please enlighten me.

What I said he did your going to have to accept that or be in denial about it but I don't have to respect anyone just because you do.

Sadds The Gr8
11-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Exactly I'm not mad at posters who like VC but I am mad at those that try to shove it down my throat that I have to forgive what he did or let it go. Pisses me off even more... LOL.

If people like him good for you but it doesn't mean the entire fanbase needs to agree because from the honoring of VC last night it seems like the fans were conflicted as there were some boo's in there.
Agreed. I couldn't care less if ppl like or hate Vince, but don't tell me I have to like him and that I'm less of a fan for not forgiving him for the bs he pulled. The internet loves to make everything black and white.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-20-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't boo him but I don't blame the people who do boo him (assuming they were there to experience the things he did). If you're booing him and you weren't even a fan in 2004 or the few years after, then yea, you have no right to boo him.

He quit on the franchise and admitted it.

Munkeysuit
11-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Half Man Half Amazing!

HoopsDrive
11-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I can't believe some of us are still booing him. Unbelievable. I can understand the first 10 or so times but man... let it go. He's the greatest Raptors ever. How lucky you gotta be to have the greatest dunker of all-time to play for your franchise in his prime? Wtf. He put the Raptors on the map.

As a Raptors fan I've always respected him. GOAT dunker.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 06:17 PM
I can't believe some of us are still booing him. Unbelievable. I can understand the first 10 or so times but man... let it go. He's the greatest Raptors ever. How lucky you gotta be to have the greatest dunker of all-time to play for your franchise in his prime? Wtf. He put the Raptors on the map.

As a Raptors fan I've always respected him. GOAT dunker.

Ik we couldn't be more lucky to have Vinsanity remembered as a raptor.. I absolutely hate our majority fans. We had a chance again to redeem our embarassing selves and booed him after a tribute...

I mean it was fun and a thing for the first few years after it happened. Its been 10 years though..

TEN. 4 teams later. Smmfdh.

Jamiecballer
11-20-2014, 06:32 PM

DEAL WITH IT!
It must be exhausting carrying around all that baggage my man.

What are you like over things that actually matter?

Jamiecballer
11-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Agreed. I couldn't care less if ppl like or hate Vince, but don't tell me I have to like him and that I'm less of a fan for not forgiving him for the bs he pulled. The internet loves to make everything black and white.
See, I would never say that. Its got little to do with being a fan and I think that's what others have hinted at. Time usually brings perspective. Its just a game. He made mistakes but if you were a raptor fan from 98 to 03 we got to see something pretty special...

Tmath
11-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Booing is for WWE fans and rednecks.

jakedajewler
11-20-2014, 08:04 PM

Yeah i'm maybe not as hardcore as you but i'm of the same thought, I don't know why fans would forgive him he was one of the biggest weasels in toronto sports history. To me it was a media made event, Michael Grange wrote about 10 articles a day brain washing the mass sheep into forgiving Vince.

jakedajewler
11-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Booing is for WWE fans and rednecks.

Cheering for everything is for ignorant sheep, think for yourself.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 08:43 PM
It must be exhausting carrying around all that baggage my man.

What are you like over things that actually matter?

Yep it's like carrying around 2 suitcases of dirty laundry... Give me a break dude I don't wake up every morning angry at Vince or something but I'm not going to pretend I have the highest of respects for one of the worst exits from a team in NBA history. Stop pretending like everyone has to like him or love him after he insulted and embarrassed our fan base on a national level and screwing over our team on his way out. Sorry dude just because YOU SAY SO I'm not going to like him.

Grow up dude everyone is entitled to there own opinion not just you.

Tmath
11-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah i'm maybe not as hardcore as you but i'm of the same thought, I don't know why fans would forgive him he was one of the biggest weasels in toronto sports history. To me it was a media made event, Michael Grange wrote about 10 articles a day brain washing the mass sheep into forgiving Vince.

Cheering is a gesture of appreciation.

Booing is a sound. If you replace the B with an M. You would sound like a farm animal.

I wasn't living in Toronto at the time when VC left here. So I was never brainwashed into hating Vince by the media.

VC got me interested in basketball again after Jordan retired, and made me aware that the city I was born in had a basketball team.

Thanks to him, I am the die hard Raptors fan I am today.

I'd rather focus on, and appreciate the great highlights he gave us while playing here, because thats what made me a fan of his in the first place.

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 09:15 PM

Cheering is a gesture of appreciation.

Booing is a sound. If you replace the B with an M. You would sound like a farm animal.

I wasn't living in Toronto at the time when VC left here. So I was never brainwashed into hating Vince by the media.

VC got me interested in basketball again after Jordan retired, and made me aware that the city I was born in had a basketball team.

Thanks to him, I am the die hard Raptors fan I am today.

I'd rather focus on, and appreciate the great highlights he gave us while playing here, because thats what made me a fan of his in the first place.

To be fair you can also replace "Y" in yaaaaaaaa with a "B" or the "W" in woooooooo "M" and go right back to the cow thing or even replace it with a "B" and go right back to booooooo!

I booed Pierce in the playoffs and when Washington came to Toronto 2 weeks back nothing wrong with booing.

HoopsDrive
11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Ik we couldn't be more lucky to have Vinsanity remembered as a raptor.. I absolutely hate our majority fans. We had a chance again to redeem our embarassing selves and booed him after a tribute...

I mean it was fun and a thing for the first few years after it happened. Its been 10 years though..

Agreed. Hate is a strong word though haha, I just find it really annoying. I mean, just move on right? You don't have to like him or anything but man that was a long time.

It's also kinda embarassing seeing people boo a guy that is well beyond his prime... a former shell of his good years. If you're gonna boo, do it against Marc, Conley or Zbo lol.

Time heals all wounds or so it is said... not sure if it's healthy to hold grudges for such a long time either.

Tmath
11-20-2014, 09:40 PM
To be fair you can also replace "Y" in yaaaaaaaa with a "B" or the "W" in woooooooo "M" and go right back to the cow thing or even replace it with a "B" and go right back to booooooo!

I booed Pierce in the playoffs and when Washington came to Toronto 2 weeks back nothing wrong with booing.

Time and a place to show appreciation or disrespect.

Last night was supposed to be part of a celebration for Raptors 20th year anniversary. Not the best time to boo imo.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 10:00 PM

Agreed. Hate is a strong word though haha, I just find it really annoying. I mean, just move on right? You don't have to like him or anything but man that was a long time.

It's also kinda embarassing seeing people boo a guy that is well beyond his prime... a former shell of his good years. If you're gonna boo, do it against Marc, Conley or Zbo lol.

Time heals all wounds or so it is said... not sure if it's healthy to hold grudges for such a long time either.

Haha I know he's 38! That is so far removed from your prime...

I dont say he's a shell though, he doesn't play anything like he used to completely different roles too. I mean athletically yeah he's a shell but he shoots long range better, plays good D draws a lot of charges and plays his 6th man role the past couple years insanely well. That's another topic though. He was a shell in Orlando because he tried to carry himself the way he did when he was 27 at age 32 and half the hops...then he reinvented himself to what he is now.

Agree though

ghettosean
11-20-2014, 10:21 PM

Time and a place to show appreciation or disrespect.

Last night was supposed to be part of a celebration for Raptors 20th year anniversary. Not the best time to boo imo.

During a game isn't also the best time to honor an opponent either. I feel both sides on this one.

Jamiecballer
11-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Yep it's like carrying around 2 suitcases of dirty laundry... Give me a break dude I don't wake up every morning angry at Vince or something but I'm not going to pretend I have the highest of respects for one of the worst exits from a team in NBA history. Stop pretending like everyone has to like him or love him after he insulted and embarrassed our fan base on a national level and screwing over our team on his way out. Sorry dude just because YOU SAY SO I'm not going to like him.

Grow up dude everyone is entitled to there own opinion not just you.
i never said you had to share my opinion. if i recall i just asked that you stop making Raptor fans look like a bunch of sore *** *****es.

Chronz
11-21-2014, 02:14 PM
VC has influenced that organization and the youngsters from the area (hell hes influenced many of todays greats), he deserves a send off before he can no longer play. Hes the Doc J of Toronto, and Doc J got a send off every final road game he got.

Tony_Starks
11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
VC has influenced that organization and the youngsters from the area (hell hes influenced many of todays greats), he deserves a send off before he can no longer play. Hes the Doc J of Toronto, and Doc J got a send off every final road game he got.

I'd go so far as saying he's the Lebron of Toronto. Even more so because at least Cleveland was a established somewhat respected team already but Lebron just set the town on fire. The Raptors were a expansion team and Vince made them must see TV and had kids in Toronto trying to be him....