PDA

View Full Version : Surprises this season?

Deception
11-19-2014, 02:21 PM
What are your initial surprises this early in the season? My biggest surprise is the success of the Grizzlies under their second year coach, they've killed it this season, if they can carry this momentum throughout the season they can be the best team in the West.

GunFactor187
11-19-2014, 02:22 PM
What are your initial surprises this early in the season? My biggest surprise is the success of the Grizzlies under their second year coach, they've killed it this season, if they can carry this momentum throughout the season they can be the best team in the West.

I think you know my answer(s) to this thread lol.

kobe4thewinbang
11-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Demarcus Cousins and the Kings playing well, despite blowing several huge leads.

Goose17
11-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Biggest surprises;

- Anthony Davis is the greatest big man that has ever existed.
- People think it's okay for a pro athlete to beat a child with a belt.
- NBA fans have incredible foresight. We know who will win a title/conference/division/mvp after just 10 games.
- NBA players trash talk each other :faint:
- Waiters ISN'T one half of the greatest back court in the league.
- Turns out Lance isn't better than Klay, who could've seen that coming?
- Scott Brooks sucks when his best player is Serge Ibaka.
- James Hardens numbers are inflated due to flopping.
- Brandon Jennings is a hot commodity and L.A bound.
- When you're wrong about something you have to offer up an apology to disgruntled fans (we're sorry Bosh, we all thought you would be good and you are good but apparently Miami fans were told that everyone hates them and you and so we have to apologise for thinking you would suck despite never actually saying that).

Jamiecballer
11-19-2014, 02:34 PM
biggest surprises;

- anthony davis is the greatest big man that has ever existed.
- people think it's okay for a pro athlete to beat a child with a belt.
- nba fans have incredible foresight. We know who will win a title/conference/division/mvp after just 10 games.
- nba players trash talk each other :faint:
- waiters isn't one half of the greatest back court in the league.
- turns out lance isn't better than klay, who could've seen that coming?
- scott brooks sucks when his best player is serge ibaka.
- james hardens numbers are inflated due to flopping.
- brandon jennings is a hot commodity and l.a bound.
- when you're wrong about something you have to offer up an apology to disgruntled fans (we're sorry bosh, we all though you would be good and you are good but apparently miami fans were told that everyone hates them and you and so we have to apologise for thinking you would suck despite never actually saying that).

lol!

Jamiecballer
11-19-2014, 02:35 PM
The Raptors are doing a tribute to Vince tonight. Pleasant surprise.

Goose17
11-19-2014, 02:39 PM

Seriously? Is it an anniversary of some description? Kind of weird having a tribute to someone who is still in the league.

Come to think of it, under the right circumstances, we could end up with a Toronto v Memphis final with Vince killing the Raptors title hopes in a 7 game series. Grim.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Bucks as of this moment #5 seed. #5 seed as in playoffs, not #5 seed lottery. Also Bucks only team to defeat the 10-1 Grizzlies. But the Bucks do have a rough December schedule coming up.

Tony_Starks
11-19-2014, 02:42 PM
None of the rookies that teams where tanking for standing out....

YAALREADYKNO
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM
the bucks and jazz

Jamiecballer
11-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Seriously? Is it an anniversary of some description? Kind of weird having a tribute to someone who is still in the league.

Come to think of it, under the right circumstances, we could end up with a Toronto v Memphis final with Vince killing the Raptors title hopes in a 7 game series. Grim.

20th anniversary for the team. They've run tributes for some other individuals so far this season so now they can just slide Vince in all secret like. Very sly.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Ive been surprised by the Jazz actually making progress, Corbin was awful and a simple coaching change has done wonders for their development. Denver falling off the deep end was a surprise for me, didn't think the injuries sustained last year were as serious as they have been.

And while I had hoped Memphis would decline, them dominating is not a surprise. I've always felt they were a team that was held back by their old school coach and they've had the best record in the NBA since Marc returned and this is the best offensive talent they have ever had.

2-ONE-5
11-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Biggest surprises;

- NBA fans have incredible foresight. We know who will win a title/conference/division/mvp after just 10 games.
- When you're wrong about something you have to offer up an apology to disgruntled fans (we're sorry Bosh, we all thought you would be good and you are good but apparently Miami fans were told that everyone hates them and you and so we have to apologise for thinking you would suck despite never actually saying that).

this post is gold except for the bold, you contradicted yourself

Goose17
11-19-2014, 04:30 PM
this post is gold except for the bold, you contradicted yourself

Haha. Good job picking up on that, I did realise as I posted it but thought **** it. I'm a homer.

Crackadalic
11-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Bucks actually being good
Memphis hot start
Kings actually being good
Utah being better than expected

Everything else is more or less what I thought teams would be for the most part

valade16
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
There are a number of people who should be posting the Trailblazers continuing to play well judging by their comments this offseason that they would not continue to do so...

Sadds The Gr8
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Biggest surprises;

/thread

ghettosean
11-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Stupid thing to do for the toronto when we are facing off against a team. Did the Lakers do this when Shaq was in Miami or phoenix???

It's just dumb to applaud an opponent

Chronz
11-19-2014, 04:44 PM
There are a number of people who should be posting the Trailblazers continuing to play well judging by their comments this offseason that they would not continue to do so...

Good point. Blazers have surprised me and I feel dumb for doubting them. Clips have surprised me as well, for all the wrong reasons tho.

Mavs have surprised me as well, I wasn't expecting this much of an offensive juggernaut and felt that without a star Dirk, they would drop off. Its still early but those 2 have changed my outlook on them.

valade16
11-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Good point. Blazers have surprised me and I feel dumb for doubting them. Clips have surprised me as well, for all the wrong reasons tho.

Mavs have surprised me as well, I wasn't expecting this much of an offensive juggernaut and felt that without a star Dirk, they would drop off. Its still early but those 2 have changed my outlook on them.

Their offense has been absolutely stunning. I know every year people ask is this the deepest the west has ever been, but if Durant/Westbrook come back to the Thunder we could legitimately being saying yes this year is.

2-ONE-5
11-19-2014, 04:49 PM
completley different situations

Chronz
11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Stupid thing to do for the toronto when we are facing off against a team. Did the Lakers do this when Shaq was in Miami or phoenix???

Cmon man, there is a time and place for these sort of things and I think this is a fine time for it. We dont know how much longer Vince is going to stay in the game, why not give him 1 send off after years of trashing him. Besides, it might just change things for the good, years of booing Vince have been upended by years of him destroying the Raps, even ending their season once.

Doc J got a send off like this at every arena when he had his farewell tour, is it really that different for Toronto to do it to their Doc J? If this were the old, old NBA, VC would be remembered in a different light IMO. Much more revered for his entertainment and overall talent than hes been today.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2014, 05:01 PM
I am shocked Pekovic has run into injury problems

abe_froman
11-19-2014, 05:05 PM

its their 20th anniversary and are doing retrospectives all year ,and he's the guy who put the franchise on the map/mr. raptor,how dont you include something about him?

Saddletramp
11-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Memphis hot start

I agree with everything but the Memphis part. They're a stacked team that coulda been a top 3 seed last year if it weren't for injuries. They were last years this years Thunder.

There are a number of people who should be posting the Trailblazers and Rockets continuing to play well judging by their comments this offseason that they would not continue to do so...

Fixed for ya.

Howard_Zinn
11-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Brandon Jennings and Jimmy Butler

Jamiecballer
11-19-2014, 08:58 PM
VC with the tears!!

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Pau Gasol in Beast Mode through his first 10 games as a Bull. So much for not being an upgrade over Boozer.

Redrum187
11-19-2014, 09:37 PM
1.) Brandon Knight playing some incredible basketball. No one gave a **** about him (and probably still don't).
2.) Nikola Vucevic destroying it offensively while keeping his monster rebound rate.
3.) Brandon Jennings actually being efficient (so far) this season.
4.) Jimmy Butler destroying it offensively. I really under-estimated him.
5.) I knew Dragic wasn't going to repeat the same type of production he did last season, but hasn't even gotten close.
5.) Pau Gasol putting up some incredible stats.
6.) Gordon Hayward showing he is a top 5 SG/SF. He is beasting it up!
7.) The Mavericks playing as amazing as they are with Dirk playing 27 minutes a game... Their offense it's just other worldly.
8.) Trevor Ariza being a PERFECT fit for Houston at the SF position. He is starting to cool off now, but he was beautiful to watch the first few games.
9.) James Harden, while TS% are great, shooting well under 40% FG. Not sure what's going on.
10.) Tyson Chandler playing like defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.

IversonIsKrazy
11-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Kings actually being good.
Denver turmoil?

ewing
11-20-2014, 01:07 AM

Dirks not a star?

ewing
11-20-2014, 01:08 AM

they have the best starting 5 in the NBA i don't why people hate on the Blazers

ewing
11-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Memphis hot start

I am interested in how things pan out for the Kings. If they keep it up, they will be my surprize

valade16
11-20-2014, 10:06 AM

They hate that LMA shoots such a low TS%.

Jamiecballer
11-20-2014, 10:32 AM

i agree, they probably do. they are built a little like the Raptors, really nice balance in their starting 5 of offensive and defensive skills.

raiderfaninTX
11-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Surprises

1. How damn efficient the cavs offense is this early (best in the league I believe)
2. How bad the defense is for the cavs (It looks worse that the suns D, when they had their own big 3)

*Yes I know it's early and they will look vastly different at the end of the season**

ewing
11-20-2014, 11:31 AM
They hate that LMA shoots such a low TS%.

who cares. They have solid two way players, all there best guys are entering or in there prime, and they won 54 games last yr.

PurpleLynch
11-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Bucks,Kings and Pelicans playing very well.
Dallas offense.
Memphis and Toronto hot start.
Knicks and Thunder's bad situations:they are different,but their poor performances are gonna take a toll on their teams this year.

It's very early though,so a lot of things can happen.

Chronz
11-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Dirks not a star?Was trying to say i thought he would drop off but i guess the guy can play at this level forever

ewing
11-20-2014, 01:56 PM
was trying to say i thought he would drop off but i guess the guy can play at this level forever

sorry misunderstood ya

AnthonyTyrael2
11-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Was trying to say i thought he would drop off but i guess the guy can play at this level forever

He will drop off. That's pretty safe.

Clearly, he is only after the money and about where he is going to end up in the record books or personal PSD rankings. Yeah, been joking about the second part.

albertajaysfan
11-20-2014, 04:27 PM
He will drop off. That's pretty safe.

Clearly, he is only after the money and about where he is going to end up in the record books or personal PSD rankings. Yeah, been joking about the second part.

The guy that took a massive pay cut so they could add pieces around him is only after the money?

Players like Javale McGee get paid more than Dirk....

Mr.B
11-20-2014, 04:34 PM
The play of Al-Farouq Aminu. I expected the Mavs to miss Shawn Marion but Aminu has been an upgrade over Marion so far this year. He's been better than Marion (over the last couple of years) in every aspect of the game.

b_russ
11-20-2014, 05:35 PM
I thought the Blazers did well adding Kaman and Blake to their bench. Turns out this year it looks like the have a stable bench and have picked it up on the defensive end. People thought of them as a fluke team last year, but they sure seem like they could make some noise in the playoffs.

ewing
11-20-2014, 05:59 PM
I thought the Blazers did well adding Kaman and Blake to their bench. Turns out this year it looks like the have a stable bench and have picked it up on the defensive end. People thought of them as a fluke team last year, but they sure seem like they could make some noise in the playoffs.

Blake is a nice bench guy. Nothing special but really knows what he is and sticks to it

PurpleLynch
11-20-2014, 06:25 PM

Yes,Kaman and Blake are good bench pieces. They have experience and they don't mess up the team chemistry. Definitely good moves.