PDA

View Full Version : Cuban On Lakers: 'I Just Hope They Suck Forever'

Mave1002
11-18-2014, 11:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11899761/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-owner-says-hopes-los-angeles-lakers-improve

In a local radio interview Tuesday, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban didn't hold back when discussing the struggling Los Angeles Lakers, saying, "Personally, I just hope they suck forever."

Cuban made his remarks about the 1-9 Lakers, who are off to their worst start in franchise history, while he was on "The Fred Roggin Show" on The Beast 980, a radio station in Los Angeles.

Roggin brought up the topic of how teams are constructed in the current NBA era, specifically the Lakers.

"As far as the Lakers," Cuban said, "I think there are going to be a lot of teams that are going to be focusing and saying, 'Look, I've got a ton of cap room, free agents A, B and C, why don't you guys come together and come play for me?' And L.A. has always been considered a destination, so maybe they feel there's a valid strategy. You know me, Fred. Personally, I just hope they suck forever."

It's not the first time Cuban has made remarks of that nature about the Lakers. Before the Lakers' much-anticipated 2012-13 season opener, when they had Dwight Howard, Cuban was asked for his thoughts on the new-look Lakers.

"I don't know, I don't care, I just hope they suck," he said then. "You know, like any other team."

Haters hate. But you gotta love this kind of hate. It just shows the reason how and why the Lakers became the most storied franchise on the face of the planet.

Go Purple and Gold!

numba1CHANGsta
11-19-2014, 05:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUnnkUkdHAE

This is all I gotta say to that lmao :laugh:

bleedprple&gold
11-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Shut up Cuban nobody asked you if you want us to suck. But if we suck too much and get the number 1 pick you will be eating those words.

jaydubb
11-19-2014, 05:45 PM
And I'd say the same bout his team if his team sucked.. :shrug:

midwestlaker75
11-19-2014, 08:15 PM
And the 2014 Playa Hater of the year is:

Mark Cuban

Cuban beat out Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith and Bill Simmons for this years award. This is Cuban's 3rd Win in this catagory.

clifborder4fm
11-19-2014, 10:44 PM
and he was my favorite shark... for dissing on the purp and gold Mr. Cuban... I'm out

mufridaz
11-20-2014, 04:25 AM
what's funny is for years Cuban has been beggin stars to come there first it was D will etc etc well this year they finally got chandler back and stole parsons from Houston. but for years after they won the championship they blew up the team and said hey come play here we got cap space and every year no one wanted to come.

well that's kinda how the lakers were this year although there really wasn't much cap space and they will surely be next year. sad to find a parallel with Cuban the scum that he is. hope that once they have all this cap that someone will come play with kobe and give him some help.

what if we have all this cap room and no one wants to come play with kobe. I just wish kobe took a vet min contract that way we could of got 2 max players and had our own big 3 and then fill in the rest with defensive players and role players. But no he had to take the big salary and then wonder why the team sucks well b/c you took all the money kobe. Players come here and take pay cuts but he doesn't. Shows to me who really cares about that 6th ring.

rhd420
11-20-2014, 02:06 PM
actually good for Cuban as a fan

Sorry, a guy that's been bullied for that long with the Lakers success - yeah, you wish ill will towards that bully
No harm done, heck same with the Raiders and the rest of the AFC, Packers and Bears, USC and UCLA

He's got a ring and he's being a fan just like us ... yet all the hate for Cuban, pot meet kettle or in this case look into the mirror, your that guy too LOL

kobe4thewinbang
11-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Cuban is a rich twit.

Avenged
11-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Good for him. But we're not so too bad.

Jenceman
11-25-2014, 10:57 PM
I'd love for him to be the owner