PDA

View Full Version : A case of 2 polar opposite divisions

Vampirate
11-18-2014, 08:28 PM
First let's look at the Southwest.

Damn this division is tough,

3 teams are legit contenders while 2 are very strong teams that could make the playoffs in the west. It's entirely possible that the whole division makes the playoffs though that is unlikely. It'll be a real battle out there as the margin for error is slim. The division is like a lions den and a team from another division is like an animal entering it. Scary division.

Now let's look at the Atlantic.

Good god this division is horrible. Imo, this division is going to be worse than when the Raptors won the division in 2006/7.

From the way things are working out the only threat in the division is a mediocre Brooklyn team. Seriously, the Celtics are rebuilding, the Knicks are lost and the Philitankers are rebuilding like they are hitting themselves with hammers.

All the Raptors really have to be is ok and the division is likely theirs unless Brooklyn can become more than meh.

Pretty much the Raptors are arguably a lock to be in the playoffs just by default because they are in the Atlantic.

jerellh528
11-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Too early to tell

JasonJohnHorn
11-18-2014, 10:09 PM
I had a conversation at work about this today. EVERY TEAM in the SW is OVER .500... in the Atlantic... only one team, and even as a Raptors fan I have to concede that they are simply not that good. A first round-exit barring a match-up with team that has injuries.

WOW!!! Just WOW!! There must be something in the water in the SW.

SPURSFAN1
11-18-2014, 10:18 PM
SW division is freaking tough. They are forced to play each other 4 times a year. Then go through all the other western teams. Anyone of these teams could win 60 games if they were located in some east division.

Cal827
11-18-2014, 10:39 PM
:laugh: It's so freaking sad.

The Raptors are a second round exit at best.

The Southwest sends out 4 legitimate title contenders :laugh:

numba1CHANGsta
11-18-2014, 10:59 PM
How about comparing the case of 2 polar opposite conferences

bucketss
11-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I had a conversation at work about this today. EVERY TEAM in the SW is OVER .500... in the Atlantic... only one team, and even as a Raptors fan I have to concede that they are simply not that good. A first round-exit barring a match-up with team that has injuries.

WOW!!! Just WOW!! There must be something in the water in the SW.

who will challenge us in the first round? nets nope, hawks nope,we just destroyed Washington i think bobacats only one who can upset us.

Vinny642
11-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Its a shame that that division gets a playoff team, while all 5 teams in the SW would dominate that division

bucketss
11-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Its a shame that that division gets a playoff team, while all 5 teams in the SW would dominate that division

well toronto is 8-2

Vinny642
11-18-2014, 11:32 PM
well toronto is 8-2

Cool I guess, strength of schedule plays a big part.

koreancabbage
11-19-2014, 01:13 AM
who will challenge us in the first round? nets nope, hawks nope,we just destroyed Washington i think bobacats only one who can upset us.

don't be so naive.

regular season games vs playoff games.

cmellofan15
11-19-2014, 02:13 PM
way too early to start this thread. Brooklyn lost 14 of their first 20 games last season and ended up winning 44 games.

also, what's up with all of the Raptors hate? they are a damn good team

Tony_Starks
11-19-2014, 02:32 PM
The Atlantic division has been horrid for years. Winning that division is like winning the NIT tournament....

albertajaysfan
11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
way too early to start this thread. Brooklyn lost 14 of their first 20 games last season and ended up winning 44 games.

also, what's up with all of the Raptors hate? they are a damn good team

Blame Canada! :shrug: