PDA

View Full Version : So, Duncan has played more seasons than the entire Philly roster

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2014, 07:40 PM
https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/534385502640537600

Apparently the guys suiting up for the game to night have played less combined seasons than Tim Duncan.

Hmm....

Shady66
11-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Lmao

JEDean89
11-17-2014, 08:13 PM
my lord, philly is a disgrace. i hope they draft busts and that their guys don't work out for them. nothing against their playerse at all, but their management is a disgrace to the game. i get that the current cba allows it and it works in their favor but to abuse something like this so badly that 17 of 30 owners think it needs to be changed (this was not a topic before philly started with this), it is a sign that you are a detriment to the game.

okc pays the 76ers money in revenue sharing because they turn a profit. it's absolutely ridiculous and ruins the game. they have 2 franchise caliber big men, a potential allstar SF, and a ROY PG to build their team around but it's not enough. They now have to get as much of the incoming talent as they can for the next 2-3 years. hopefully the league will have a system in place by next season that will fix tanking.

right now only one contender has been succesful using the Philly model, that is OKC. literally every other team that has tried to build exclusively through the draft sucks. Orlando and Utah come to mind, same with last years CLE team.

JLynn943
11-17-2014, 08:23 PM
ah, active roster. I was gonna say that they've got Jason Richardson still I think, but he's out

JPS
11-17-2014, 10:49 PM
my lord, philly is a disgrace. i hope they draft busts and that their guys don't work out for them. nothing against their playerse at all, but their management is a disgrace to the game. i get that the current cba allows it and it works in their favor but to abuse something like this so badly that 17 of 30 owners think it needs to be changed (this was not a topic before philly started with this), it is a sign that you are a detriment to the game.

okc pays the 76ers money in revenue sharing because they turn a profit. it's absolutely ridiculous and ruins the game. they have 2 franchise caliber big men, a potential allstar SF, and a ROY PG to build their team around but it's not enough. They now have to get as much of the incoming talent as they can for the next 2-3 years. hopefully the league will have a system in place by next season that will fix tanking.

right now only one contender has been succesful using the Philly model, that is OKC. literally every other team that has tried to build exclusively through the draft sucks. Orlando and Utah come to mind, same with last years CLE team.

Once again no one pays the sixers they are in too large of a market to participate in the sharing. I don't understand the hatred from non sixers fans. It does not effect you.

I have to watch it and I am thrilled by what they are doing. I already watched 10 years of mediocre. A real plan with a chance to eventually play in meaningful games is much more thrilling than watching my no chance in hell team win 38-44 games and lose in the first round.

The embarrassment is the league requiring my team to do this to try and get a star which = a chance.

JEDean89
11-17-2014, 11:16 PM
^^^ i don't know where you get that from, but from what i understand, teams over the cap pay teams under the cap with revenue sharing. i'm not an expert though. it just sucks when i don't even want to watch games because the other team is so god awful. where one team comes out every night saying, this team is here to lose. i don't like it because i don't want it to become the norm, because it's an abuse of the current cba, because it wastes talent, because it destroys a franchises culture. The idea that you guys are just gonna keep tanking until one year your a contender is unrealistic. 3 of the 4 guys you've gotten since you started tanking are completely unproven, the other is somewhat proven though still questionable. i just don't like it, i have stated reasons, if you are a fan and don't mind sucking the next 2-3 years before you will even attempt to get better then more power to you.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-18-2014, 01:13 AM
The sixers franchise is supposed to be one of the best NBA franchise. They have steadily declined in that aspect year by year.

JPS
11-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Well you were wrong Philly does not receive anything from revenue sharing. So you care why? You don't watch the team or care about the team? Why care about them losing? Are you mad at the Lakers for sucking? We're you mad at the Bucks last year for HAVING A WORSE record than the tanking Sixers ?

If Embiid was not hurt or if the Sixers spent $ on some C level free agents and won 28 games everything would be awesome in your world? I really don't understand the hate from non Sixers fans. If a Sixers fan hates it I get it. It is no fun to watch. With a long road ahead.

Tony_Starks
11-18-2014, 03:30 AM
What Philly is doing is a disgrace to the game but oh well, that's on them. When you build a losing culture you're only hurting yourself. As opposed to say Phoenix who could've tanked but chose to build a winning culture and have actually become a desirable free agent destination and respectable team.

What Philly is doing isn't going to work out so at the end the day the joke is on them, at their fans expense.

JPS
11-18-2014, 03:59 AM
What Philly is doing is a disgrace to the game but oh well, that's on them. When you build a losing culture you're only hurting yourself. As opposed to say Phoenix who could've tanked but chose to build a winning culture and have actually become a desirable free agent destination and respectable team.

What Philly is doing isn't going to work out so at the end the day the joke is on them, at their fans expense.

How is it more of a disgrace than what the Lakers are doing. Losing is losing. I'll take losing with a plan over lying to the fan base and pretending you are going to be good.

Winning culture is made up.

We will see if it works. I hope it does. But if you don't get a star out of the tank it will not work. Neither MCW or Noel are or will be stars. Hopefully Embiid is.

Tony_Starks
11-18-2014, 04:11 AM
How is it more of a disgrace than what the Lakers are doing. Losing is losing. I'll take losing with a plan over lying to the fan base and pretending you are going to be good.

We will see if it works. I hope it does. But if you don't get a star out of the tank it will not work. Neither MCW or Noel are or will be stars. Hopefully Embiid is.

Well the Lakers are hurt. Philly is intentionally fielding a D league roster to lose on purpose. Losing is not losing, they just got blown out by 50. It's a joke.

JPS
11-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Who is hurt? A rookie? They are simply fielding a really old D league team with an old superstar. Again losing is losing. I'll take the planned tank over the unplanned.

More-Than-Most
11-18-2014, 04:29 AM
cry me a river really... Blame the NBA for allowing the players to hold out and or build super teams time and time again... How many teams have done this over the last several years? you cant win while being mediocre period.

0nekhmer
11-18-2014, 08:08 AM
They're coach is told to not play anyone unless they're 100%. That's why Noel missed the last couple, that's why mcw will probably see more DNPs. Philly would be respected if they at least tried to develop young talent while tanking. A team like Minnesota is doing it right.

JasonJohnHorn
11-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Once again no one pays the sixers they are in too large of a market to participate in the sharing. I don't understand the hatred from non sixers fans. It does not effect you.

I have to watch it and I am thrilled by what they are doing. I already watched 10 years of mediocre. A real plan with a chance to eventually play in meaningful games is much more thrilling than watching my no chance in hell team win 38-44 games and lose in the first round.

The embarrassment is the league requiring my team to do this to try and get a star which = a chance.

It affects all fans. It undermines the competitive spirit of the game and if they succeed in this, then it will be a template used by a number of teams each year. The last thing we need is EVERY lottery team or non-contender dropping games on purpose so that they have a shot at the first pick.

PhillyFaninLA
11-18-2014, 09:02 AM

I'm giving them this year, but I won't accept another year of them not trying to put a team together. I suspect a lot of fans think like I do. This is what we need to do to have a chance long term. In 2 years we got rid of bad contracts, players that did not have a future here and got some nice/potentially nice players.

PhillyFaninLA
11-18-2014, 09:04 AM

And Saric might be

2-ONE-5
11-18-2014, 10:14 AM

jesus christ get a clue before you post something so ****ing stupid. SIXERS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GET ANY REV SHARING. WE ARE THE 5TH BIGGEST MARKET IN THE LEAGUE, GENIOUS. You know whats funny though Melo and Kobe make more than our roster yet Knicks and Lakers combine for 3 more wins than us!

2-ONE-5
11-18-2014, 10:18 AM
They're coach is told to not play anyone unless they're 100%. That's why Noel missed the last couple, that's why mcw will probably see more DNPs. Philly would be respected if they at least tried to develop young talent while tanking. A team like Minnesota is doing it right.

the same team who also just lost by like 50 a few days ago too?

2-ONE-5
11-18-2014, 10:20 AM
also tired of hearing about this losing culture nonsense. tell me what is the Culture in New York?

hint: its a LOSING one

sixer04fan
11-18-2014, 10:38 AM

Sixers don't receive any revenue sharing. But nice try. Educate yourselves before you speak, people.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 02:59 PM
]Once again no one pays the sixers they are in too large of a market to participate in the sharing. I don't understand the hatred from non sixers fans. It does not effect you[/B].

wrong. The only reason a team can tank for 4 years while ticket/merchandise sales plummet, is because the Lakers/Knicks/Bulls, etc, bail them out. The Sixers are absolutely taking advantage of it.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Well you were wrong Philly does not receive anything from revenue sharing. So you care why? You don't watch the team or care about the team? Why care about them losing? Are you mad at the Lakers for sucking? We're you mad at the Bucks last year for HAVING A WORSE record than the tanking Sixers ?

If Embiid was not hurt or if the Sixers spent $ on some C level free agents and won 28 games everything would be awesome in your world? I really don't understand the hate from non Sixers fans. If a Sixers fan hates it I get it. It is no fun to watch. With a long road ahead.

do you have the numbers for the last 2 years in revenue sharing you can post?

And the point is, the system is in place for a tank job. If Philly new shrinking profits, then losses, were coming its way, it would be in more of a hurry to put a product on the floor that isn't embarrassing.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Sixers don't receive any revenue sharing. But nice try. Educate yourselves before you speak, people.

where are the last 2 years records? Curious....It wouldn't shock me that they are floating, Philly is a big basketball city. Hell, they probably still get revenue from AI jersey sales haha

JPS
11-18-2014, 03:12 PM

where are the last 2 years records? Curious....It wouldn't shock me that they are floating, Philly is a big basketball city. Hell, they probably still get revenue from AI jersey sales haha

Grantland had an article on it by Lowe around a month or two ago. Sixers get nothing from the taxed teams.

They absolutely get money that is shared by all from the TV contract etc. But they do not get bailed out like smaller market teams if they lose money which they have not done yet.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Grantland had an article on it by Lowe around a month or two ago. Sixers get nothing from the taxed teams.

They absolutely get money that is shared by all from the TV contract etc. But they do not get bailed out like smaller market teams if they lose money which they have not done yet.

goes to show how strong of a basketball city it is. Here in Minneapolis, with the Wyld here, and the Wolves sucking for years, nobody cares.

But, the fact remains, there IS a system in place that won't deter a team from doing a nosedive tank job. And the Sixers are taking advantage of it, whether you agree or not. Just because they haven't lost a bunch of money, doesn't mean they don't know the security blanket is sitting there waiting for them when they do, which will happen eventually if they don't put SOMETHING out on the floor.

I will check out that article, thanks