PDA

View Full Version : Report Durant Trashtalked to Dwight Howard

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:13 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-durant-trashtalked-dwight-howard-repeatedly-said-youre-a-pssy-329963.html

I included the link so you guys can see the video and article but things seemed to have gotten ugly and some of the ugliness was towards Dwight Howard mainly. The articles talks about Kobe also getting into it with Howard earlier this season, although he still might be bitter because of how bad it went with Howard when he was on the Lakers.

Either way, Howard get's so much criticism in the media and now by some of the more respected players in the NBA. Is there really something here and Howard is somewhat hated? I really didn't like how he handled the Orlando exit and I have always seen him as the guys that wants people to like him but just doesn't know how to accomplish it. Kind of irritates me.

What do you guys think?

Verbal Christ
11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
LOL ... dude couldnt even bench the bar coming out of college ( I wonder if he could do it now ) and he wants to play the tough guy? No wonder Dwight just laughed at him.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 06:20 PM
trash talking in basketball? No way....

Btw, Dwight's shoulder muscle is stronger than Durant's entire body

Greedy22
11-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Too bad Howard is weak mentally on the court.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:23 PM
trash talking in basketball? No way....

Btw, Dwight's shoulder muscle is stronger than Durant's entire body

I mean trash talking is part of the game but at some point there is a common theme when people question Howard's competitiveness. Some people really take games seriously and others not that much. Howard, seems like that guy that is just happy to be here, no real passion. And btw, he is at least on the surface more built than Durant. But then again, who isn't more built than Durant?

chi-townlove1
11-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Ya'll may make jokes about durants "strength". But let me tell you, Dwight would give it all up to be half as good as an athlete and basketball player as Durant.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 06:28 PM
I mean trash talking is part of the game but at some point there is a common theme when people question Howard's competitiveness. Some people really take games seriously and others not that much. Howard, seems like that guy that is just happy to be here, no real passion. And btw, he is at least on the surface more built than Durant. But then again, who isn't more built than Durant?

trash talking doesn't mean you are wanting to fight the guy, obviously. It's always been in basketball, since it became big on the streets decades, and decades ago.

Dwight seems to have changed since his Orlando days, personality wise.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Ya'll may make jokes about durants "strength". But let me tell you, Dwight would give it all up to be half as good as an athlete and basketball player as Durant.

we are only a few years removed from Dwight being nearly as good as Durant is, and probably as impactful, before he hurt his back, he was a total beast dude. And he is still a top 7-8 player.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:33 PM
What have you seen change the most personality wise? I think he has changed too but just curious to see what you think.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 06:37 PM
What have you seen change the most personality wise? I think he has changed too but just curious to see what you think.

he doesn't look like he has the drive to be the leader of a team anymore. I personally think his Van Gundy handling, and his lost year in LA just weighed down on him more than we think it did. I don't think its his back, he still moves amazingly. I just don't see the same competitor.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:39 PM
he doesn't look like he has the drive to be the leader of a team anymore. I personally think his Van Gundy handling, and his lost year in LA just weighed down on him more than we think it did. I don't think its his back, he still moves amazingly. I just don't see the same competitor.

Have to agree with you on that.

nastynice
11-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I think Kobe and Durant are probably right. He doesn't have that mean streak you like to see in your big man. Dunno if its a bad thing or not, but I do think he'd be a better all around player if he did have that in him

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:54 PM
I think Kobe and Durant are probably right. He doesn't have that mean streak you like to see in your big man. Dunno if its a bad thing or not, but I do think he'd be a better all around player if he did have that in him

I wonder how Howard would have been handled by someone like Popovich.

sens#11fan
11-17-2014, 06:58 PM
KD is not nice!

Tony_Starks
11-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Could you imagine TMac telling Shaq he's a ____y? Forget Shaq would they even say that to Kendrick Perkins?

Guards and small forwards talking smack to muscle bound Centers is not the norm. Players don't respect Dwight, let's keep it real.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Could you imagine TMac telling Shaq he's a ____y? Forget Shaq would they even say that to Kendrick Perkins?

Guards and small forwards talking smack to muscle bound Centers is not the norm. Players don't respect Dwight, let's keep it real.

That's a good point. It would have been uglier had that been to Shaq or Perk. How about someone like Laimbeer or Ron Artest (MWP)?

Ariza's Better
11-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Compared to the 90's and 80's all players today' are *******. So it's really just the pot calling the kettle black.

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Dwight Howard is the Pete Campbell of the NBA.

Verbal Christ
11-17-2014, 07:48 PM
And on cue here come the crash test dummies, with their awesome opinions!

mike_noodles
11-17-2014, 07:59 PM

That's because respect is earned. He may have the body of a man, but this is just a grown *** child.

Vampirate
11-17-2014, 08:07 PM
we are only a few years removed from Dwight being nearly as good as Durant is, and probably as impactful, before he hurt his back, he was a total beast dude. And he is still a top 7-8 player.

Thing is though Durant has the shooting touch of Nash with the height of a Center, he'll last a long long time in the league, Dwight relies on his athleticism more.

Munkeysuit
11-17-2014, 08:08 PM
I like the fact that Durant stood up to Dwight like that, but honestly trash talking happens a lot, and worse things have been said I am pretty sure of it haha, this just made headlines because its Durant and his skinny frame talking trash to Dwight and his muscular frame.

DemarDerozan
11-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Anyone who beats a kid with a belt buckle is a big ****ing pussey and a poor excuse for a man.

BALLER R
11-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Dwight wants to be taken seriously he needs to lay someone out. Take the suspension or the tech but lay someone out for talking **** about you. Show people in the league not to f with you. Dwight could of ran the league as a big.

D-Leethal
11-17-2014, 09:00 PM
trash talking doesn't mean you are wanting to fight the guy, obviously. It's always been in basketball, since it became big on the streets decades, and decades ago.

Dwight seems to have changed since his Orlando days, personality wise.

There is basketball trash talking and their is walking right up to someone chest to chest after a scuffle (NBA standards) and calling him a ***** repeatedly. Those are fighting words, not basketball trash talking.

This whole diss Dwight thing reminds me of a few years back where it seemed everyone was testing Pau Gasol's manhood, calling him out before/after games and trying to punk him during them. I didn't see the game, but it seems between all of the mini NBA scuffles Dwight did something to really piss Durant up. He ignored the Beverly/Telfair altercation and went straight up to Dwight.

D-Leethal
11-17-2014, 09:07 PM
I don't think Durant wanted to fight per-se, but what he did goes way beyond competitive **** talking on the court in a "you can't guard me" type of way.

sens#11fan
11-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Don't think its that serious though, they're probably friends of the court.

Sactown
11-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Hate the "imagine if so and so said this to so and so 10-30 years ago+" 10-30 years ago a player could hit a guy and miss 5 games and a minor fine... Now they suspend you for an entire season totaling 20+ Mil for Dwight... Yeah he's a real ***** for not hurting his team and his bank account...

Tony_Starks
11-17-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't think Durant wanted to fight per-se, but what he did goes way beyond competitive **** talking on the court in a "you can't guard me" type of way.

Exactly. There's a difference between trash talking on the court and calling out someone's manhood. KD went out of his way to specifically call Dwight out and he wasn't even in the damn game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Do you guys remember when Duncan was laughing at Howard while sweeping the lakers a few years ago. Even as a Lakers fan, I found it funny. Duncan knows Dwights a a clown.

Saddletramp
11-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Hate the "imagine if so and so said this to so and so 10-30 years ago+" 10-30 years ago a player could hit a guy and miss 5 games and a minor fine... Now they suspend you for an entire season totaling 20+ Mil for Dwight... Yeah he's a real ***** for not hurting his team and his bank account...

This. If Dwight laughs it off, he's a puss that won't fight back. If he swings at an injured player, he's a cheap monster.

Why don't one of you guys put up a $20 million fight purse up for an offseason boxing match between these two? Because I guarantee KD won't be calling him that anymore. You think he's a *****? Prove it. Otherwise, shut your mouth.

tredigs
11-18-2014, 06:37 AM
This. If Dwight laughs it off, he's a puss that won't fight back. If he swings at an injured player, he's a cheap monster.

Why don't one of you guys put up a $20 million fight purse up for an offseason boxing match between these two? Because I guarantee KD won't be calling him that anymore. You think he's a *****? Prove it. Otherwise, shut your mouth.

Artest fully loaded and viciously elbowed a defenseless player to his temple and got what, 6 games? And he's the guy most likely to receive a maximum suspension/fine due to his past. Not sure where this precedent is that people think a punch to a player is a year suspension without pay. Seen that on here a lot lately.

Dwight's a joke, whatever. Everybody in the league (likely including himself) seem to recognize that. Ultra talented athlete/player, but a clown that nobody respects.

jerellh528
11-18-2014, 06:54 AM
I just saw the video. Whatever he did to make kd get in his face like that, must've been something. Kd seems so docile, geez nobody seems to like or respect Dwight.

ThuglifeJ
11-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Put just about any pro in Dwight's body and I give you a top 20 player all time.

ThuglifeJ
11-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Dwight getting exposed is pretty entertaining. Dwight was always a childish douche disrespectful to his teammates and the league. Even in Orlando people just didn't know it yet. (Though he was a beast player back then)

Sandman
11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
dwight howard is a female upstairs

talk trash to him all day

Pakman
11-18-2014, 12:20 PM
I must say Durant nailed it on the head

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Dwight wants to be taken seriously he needs to lay someone out. Take the suspension or the tech but lay someone out for talking **** about you. Show people in the league not to f with you. Dwight could of ran the league as a big.

Wow .... that's just ****ing ignorant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBNNAvyspGs#t=85

Edit, the amount of people saying to hit someone is actually ridiculous, it's not hockey you can't just do that. Especially someone like Durant he would be ruined.

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Also Durant is further proving he is a fake nice guy and fake tough guy. He is just fake.

BKdoubleStacker
11-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Also Durant is further proving he is a fake nice guy and fake tough guy. He is just fake.

Great analysis

ThuglifeJ
11-18-2014, 02:46 PM

Lol and how would you explain Dwight? Durant's not perfect but he's still twice the man Dwight is.

Sactown
11-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Artest fully loaded and viciously elbowed a defenseless player to his temple and got what, 6 games? And he's the guy most likely to receive a maximum suspension/fine due to his past. Not sure where this precedent is that people think a punch to a player is a year suspension without pay. Seen that on here a lot lately.

Dwight's a joke, whatever. Everybody in the league (likely including himself) seem to recognize that. Ultra talented athlete/player, but a clown that nobody respects.

Comparing something that was deemed questionable with motive or intent during game play vs a guy hitting an injured player during a game break? Really? That's where this forum has come to? Clearly if Dwight loads up and swings and further hurts KD he's done for a prolonged period closer to get what MWP got during the brawl than what he got for Harden incident

8kobe24
11-18-2014, 03:04 PM
dwight coward is a vahina

Saddletramp
11-18-2014, 03:06 PM
And if Dwight retaliates with a hard foul when Durant gets back then two things will happen: the league will protect their darling Durant and KD will just send Nut Punch Ibaka to goon it up.

I used to really like Durant but he's done some pretty petty things over the last few years to change my mind.

ThuglifeJ
11-18-2014, 03:10 PM
and if dwight retaliates with a hard foul when durant gets back then two things will happen: The league will protect their darling durant and kd will just send nut punch ibaka to goon it up.

I used to really like durant but he's done some pretty petty things over the last few years to change my mind.
k.

kdspurman
11-18-2014, 03:39 PM
And if Dwight retaliates with a hard foul when Durant gets back then two things will happen: the league will protect their darling Durant and KD will just send Nut Punch Ibaka to goon it up.

I used to really like Durant but he's done some pretty petty things over the last few years to change my mind.

Yea the humility and nice guy stuff that people talked about regarding Durant were overblown. Not to say it's a bad thing, but he's just not that kind of guy. But maybe it's for the better considering how well he's been playing to have more edge and fire to him

Chronz
11-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Dwights not a *****, the dude played hurt for a hapless Lakers team despite them running an offense that didn't fit his game at all. Lets see how long it takes for KD to come back, is he willing to play at 85% for the team or will he sit out till hes 100?

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Dwights not a *****, the dude played hurt for a hapless Lakers team despite them running an offense that didn't fit his game at all. Lets see how long it takes for KD to come back, is he willing to play at 85% for the team or will he sit out till hes 100?

at his age, what would you do? And would it make you tougher, or smarter, or weaker, or dumber?

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Lol and how would you explain Dwight? Durant's not perfect but he's still twice the man Dwight is.

Dwight doesn't walk around calling dudes ******* while wearing street clothes? And he doesn't go around with Adidas commercials calling himself the nicest guy in the NBA.

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Yea the humility and nice guy stuff that people talked about regarding Durant were overblown. Not to say it's a bad thing, but he's just not that kind of guy. But maybe it's for the better considering how well he's been playing to have more edge and fire to him

I used to ( still kinda do ) love Durant but he shouldn't have put up that nice guy facade especially between this and those REALLY questionable tweets that came out. If he just went about his business I'd have no problem with crap like this.

Chronz
11-18-2014, 04:00 PM
at his age, what would you do? And would it make you tougher, or smarter, or weaker, or dumber?

I would keep my mouth shut.

It makes him a hypocrite if he calls another guy out for being soft/***** and then sits till hes fully healed.

Tony_Starks
11-18-2014, 04:03 PM
“I think he’s disliked by a lot of players,” Payton said. “What Dwight does is, you know you see all the smiles and all the antics, that is getting on player’s nerves. To get this guy, Kevin Durant, to do what he did, you know it’s starting to become a problem with players, because Kevin Durant doesn’t really talk to anybody … [Durant] goes at people that are fake with stuff. Only fake guys. Fake guys to me are when they’re always woofing, woofing, woofing, and they don’t really do nothing.” Triangle Offense
Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Kevin Durant, Gary Payton, Dwight Howard
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mlKmON32.dpuf

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 04:05 PM
“I think he’s disliked by a lot of players,” Payton said. “What Dwight does is, you know you see all the smiles and all the antics, that is getting on player’s nerves. To get this guy, Kevin Durant, to do what he did, you know it’s starting to become a problem with players, because Kevin Durant doesn’t really talk to anybody … [Durant] goes at people that are fake with stuff. Only fake guys. Fake guys to me are when they’re always woofing, woofing, woofing, and they don’t really do nothing.” Triangle Offense
Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Kevin Durant, Gary Payton, Dwight Howard
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.mlKmON32.dpuf

That's hilarious, that's like Manning calling someone out for doing too many endorsements.

Goose17
11-18-2014, 04:12 PM
That's hilarious, that's like Manning calling someone out for doing too many endorsements.

You think Paton was a fake tough guy?

Chronz
11-18-2014, 04:14 PM

Hes alluding to the fact that Payton gets alot of endorsements.

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 04:16 PM

yes Peyton Manning is a fake tough guy ..... Dude seriously...

Hes alluding to the fact that Payton gets alot of endorsements.

Yes.

Goose17
11-18-2014, 04:19 PM
yes Peyton Manning is a fake tough guy ..... Dude seriously...

Yes.

I have no idea who Peyton Manning is. My bad.

I was thinking; So how is Payton calling someone out for being soft the same as Manning calling someone out for doing too many endorsements? I guess Manning does a lot of endorsements so to call someone out for it would be hypocritical. Therefore this guy thinks Payton calling out Dwight for being soft is hypocritical because he believes Payton was soft himself.

Meh.

Chronz
11-18-2014, 04:26 PM

I was thinking; So how is Payton calling someone out for being soft the same as Manning calling someone out for doing too many endorsements? I guess Manning does a lot of endorsements so to call someone out for it would be hypocritical. Therefore this guy thinks Payton calling out Dwight for being soft is hypocritical because he believes Payton was soft himself.

Meh.

You meant to say Durant instead of Payton. And yes, Durant is all smiles and backpacks too. Lets see how tough he is when he decides to come back, whenever that is.

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 04:26 PM

Meh.
No ... Durant calling someone... anyone soft or fake

is like Peyton Manning calling out someone for doing too many endorsements.

Tony_Starks
11-18-2014, 04:30 PM
The point Payton is making is what many people have said already. It's not like it's just this particular player or player(s) that called him out, there's a growing sentiment around the league that nobody respects Dwight or takes him serious. It's been that way for awhile....

Chronz
11-18-2014, 04:33 PM
The point Payton is making is what many people have said already. It's not like it's just this particular player or player(s) that called him out, there's a growing sentiment around the league that nobody respects Dwight or takes him serious. It's been that way for awhile....

Payton? And opinion doesn't matter, just how they defend it. Show us proof Durant. Show us when YOU come back

Goose17
11-18-2014, 04:34 PM
No ... Durant calling someone... anyone soft or fake

is like Peyton Manning calling out someone for doing too many endorsements.

Oh... lol. My bad, it's been a long day.

D-Leethal
11-18-2014, 04:35 PM

Dwight played hurt through an injury everyone plays hurt through and rarely ever require surgery. There are guys who go entire seasons playing with torn labrums. Your comparing apples and oranges here. And something tells me the "*****" that Durant referred to Dwight as was less about pain tolerance and more about being a mentally soft "teddy bear" who loves to throw elbows but wants to avoid confrontation at all costs after he does.

Goose17
11-18-2014, 04:35 PM
You meant to say Durant instead of Payton. And yes, Durant is all smiles and backpacks too. Lets see how tough he is when he decides to come back, whenever that is.

No I meant to say Payton, he quoted what Payton said, not Durant.

I don't know, like I say, long day.

D-Leethal
11-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Payton? And opinion doesn't matter, just how they defend it. Show us proof Durant. Show us when YOU come back

Foot surgery is a different animal than a freaking partially torn labrum. There isn't a doctor in the world that would tell you to play thru Durant's injury. Every doctor in the world would tell you you can play through Dwight's injury without much (if any) risk of crippling injury. Foot problems end careers, torn labrums don't. You can have a torn labrum and not even know it.

D-Leethal
11-18-2014, 04:40 PM
"Your pain tolerance to basketball injury ain't even that high, bro"

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I would keep my mouth shut.

It makes him a hypocrite if he calls another guy out for being soft/***** and then sits till hes fully healed.

well, yes, I agree. What I meant is, would you come back to play at 85% to help your team win now, or wait until you were 100%, considering your age/future?

D-Leethal
11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
When someone gets in another dudes face and calls him a ***** repeatedly during a scuffle, I think the last thing on his mind is the dudes willingness to play with a (medically cleared) hurt shoulder.

Tony_Starks
11-18-2014, 05:06 PM

Why are you so focused on his injury? Obviously he wasn't talking about Dwight's physical ability. He was saying what everyone says about Dwight, how can you not comprehend that?

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 05:07 PM
When someone gets in another dudes face and calls him a ***** repeatedly during a scuffle, I think the last thing on his mind is the dudes willingness to play with a (medically cleared) hurt shoulder.

this has nothing to do with that. I am asking what he would do as an athlete in KD's situation. Besides shut up. I never trashed talked when I played, I never saw a point in it. Ever. It can try to be explained to me, I don't care about it. Let your game talk.

naps
11-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Durant is a tremendous basketball player but it irates me when he tries hard to act tough. He is not who he wants to portray himself to be. He just doesn't have that tough guy thing in him.

On the other hand, Dwight is really a baby. He needs to set an example already. One of these nights he needs to smack someone so hard that next time anyone wants to insult him will think 10 times. If that warrants a ban, so be it. BTW, it's comical to see Lakers fans so mad at Dwight. I remember when Dwight was traded to the Lakers, they were proclaiming Dwight as the next Wilt/Shaq/Kareem. Move on guys.

jerellh528
11-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Durant is a tremendous basketball player but it irates me when he tries hard to act tough. He is not who he wants to portray himself to be. He just doesn't have that tough guy thing in him.

On the other hand, Dwight is really a baby. He needs to set an example already. One of these nights he needs to smack someone so hard that next time anyone wants to insult him will think 10 times. If that warrants a ban, so be it. BTW, it's comical to see Lakers fans so mad at Dwight. I remember when Dwight was traded to the Lakers, they were proclaiming Dwight as the next Wilt/Shaq/Kareem. Move on guys.

This dude is clinically obsessed with Lakers and thier fans lol. Notice how nobody even replies to this guy anymore.

D-Leethal
11-18-2014, 05:26 PM
this has nothing to do with that. I am asking what he would do as an athlete in KD's situation. Besides shut up. I never trashed talked when I played, I never saw a point in it. Ever. It can try to be explained to me, I don't care about it. Let your game talk.

I wasn't responding to you directly, I was mocking Chronz' weak *** attempt to prop up Dwights toughness and rescue him from this thread.

I do see the point in trash talking - its psychological. You miss a few shots, make a few turnovers and the guy harassing you won't shut the **** up, that will get into a lot of guys heads where they don't even want to attempt to make a play anymore. Obviously its all relative and some guys respond different than others, but I don't think its coincidence that many premier defenders over time and a large portion of top 10 GOATs all relished in the art. I don't think there is a more intimate situation in sports than one guy on D, one guy sizing him up on O, and the two going at it. Obviously the pitcher/hitter in baseball comes to mind, but those guys are 60 feet apart and hardly exchanging constant words, looks, hand checks and body-to-body contact.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 05:29 PM
I wasn't responding to you directly, I was mocking Chronz' weak *** attempt to prop up Dwights toughness and rescue him from this thread.

I do see the point in trash talking - its psychological. You miss a few shots, make a few turnovers and the guy harassing you won't shut the **** up, that will get into a lot of guys heads where they don't even want to attempt to make a play anymore. I don't think there is a more intimate situation in sports than one guy on D, one guy sizing him up on O, and the two going at it. Obviously the pitcher/hitter in baseball comes to mind, but those guys are 60 feet apart and hardly exchanging constant words, looks, hand checks and body-to-body contact.

I honestly never heard the guy talking to me, so I figured why would I, meaning, trash talking didn't phase me in the slightest, I tuned it out entirely. Could be why I don't get the point....Some do listen to it. My suggestion: grow a pair and don't worry about it..

Tony_Starks
11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
This dude is clinically obsessed with Lakers and thier fans lol. Notice how nobody even replies to this guy anymore.

You know us Laker fans got together and all text KD and made him call Dwight a _____y! Lol

Ariza's Better
11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
I would much rather have people call Dwight soft than Dwight going out there, king hitting someone, getting suspended and ruining any chance the rockets have this season just to prove people wrong. This thread is full of Internet tough guys.

jerellh528
11-18-2014, 05:47 PM
I would much rather have people call Dwight soft than Dwight going out there, king hitting someone, getting suspended and ruining any chance the rockets have this season just to prove people wrong. This thread is full of Internet tough guys.

Nobody saying he has to go artest. But there is a theme here about Dwight.

Chronz
11-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Dwight played hurt through an injury everyone plays hurt through and rarely ever require surgery. There are guys who go entire seasons playing with torn labrums. Your comparing apples and oranges here. And something tells me the "*****" that Durant referred to Dwight as was less about pain tolerance and more about being a mentally soft "teddy bear" who loves to throw elbows but wants to avoid confrontation at all costs after he does.
Your selling short the extent of Dwights injuries, especially if you're limiting to just a torn labrum.

You might be right on the 2nd point tho.

Verbal Christ
11-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Durant aint bout that life. Neither is Dwight. What the hell is this the Thunderdome? You have to slap people around to get respect?

If thats the case then Chris Childs is GOD.

Another weak thread propped up by crybaby laker fan who cant get over it.

Deal.

Lets all cherry pick and forget the BACK SURGERY D12 had.

L8kers4life
11-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Durant aint bout that life. Neither is Dwight. What the hell is this the Thunderdome? You have to slap people around to get respect?

If thats the case then Chris Childs is GOD.

Another weak thread propped up by crybaby laker fan who cant get over it.

Deal.

Lets all cherry pick and forget the BACK SURGERY D12 had.

Heat fan started the thread not a Laker fan. Who cares about Dwight. He is not soft, every team in the NBA would want Dwight except maybe Memphis.

Diesel44
11-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Nobody saying he has to go artest. But there is a theme here about Dwight.

You're right! The theme is people are hater's and won't let stuff go.

Look, the dude has played some top notch ball since he's been in Houston and he's pretty much kept his mouth shut. He had a few years of bad pub no matter what he does people won't let go of that.

I am sick of the "laker greats" piling on, which now just sounds like crying, and this KD shite is just stupid. He doesn't need to do anything but keep balling period. We don't need a suspension we need him on the court.

MTar786
11-18-2014, 06:41 PM

lol dwight was never anything special imo. But dwight sure as hell was never nearly as good as durant. unless u mean like dwights prime vs like durants rookie or second year or something

kdspurman
11-18-2014, 06:43 PM
I used to ( still kinda do ) love Durant but he shouldn't have put up that nice guy facade especially between this and those REALLY questionable tweets that came out. If he just went about his business I'd have no problem with crap like this.

Yea.. Agreed. That might be why he started coming out with "Not Nice" ads.

MTar786
11-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Heat fan started the thread not a Laker fan. Who cares about Dwight. He is not soft, every team in the NBA would want Dwight except maybe Memphis.

every team would want anyone who is better than average.. so what's your point?

MTar786
11-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Yea.. Agreed. That might be why he started coming out with "Not Nice" ads.

beautiful sig. my fav nba player since the last two years now.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2014, 06:52 PM
lol dwight was never anything special imo. But dwight sure as hell was never nearly as good as durant. unless u mean like dwights prime vs like durants rookie or second year or something

you forget how totally dominant on both ends he was in Orlando..

kdspurman
11-18-2014, 06:52 PM
beautiful sig. my fav nba player since the last two years now.

Thanks... There are a few of him doing stuff like this. His reach is incredible

RLundi
11-18-2014, 06:57 PM

Incorrect. Dwight could've probably been MVP AT LEAST one of his dominant years in Orlando.

People hate him now and I think he's generally regressed but for a period of 3 or so years he was a top 5, if not top 3 NBA talent.

He was honestly that damn good.

Hulk6
11-18-2014, 07:13 PM

x2

CityofChaos
11-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Its ironic that Durant repeatedly called Dwight a p*ssy when he openly admitted that he backed out of playing for team USA because he was scared after what happened to Paul George.

HeatFan
11-18-2014, 07:45 PM
I honestly never heard the guy talking to me, so I figured why would I, meaning, trash talking didn't phase me in the slightest, I tuned it out entirely. Could be why I don't get the point....Some do listen to it. My suggestion: grow a pair and don't worry about it..

Some people can tune trash talk out and others cannot. Of course, because there is an aspect to the game that doesn't have to do necessarily with pure basketball, like mental aspects, players will try and do try to take an advantage any way possible. That is where you see some guys fade under pressure and others don't. Its good you could tune it out but that doesn't happen to everyone. I'm not sure if I'm against it or for it, because at the end of the day you would like it to be about who is the better basketball player. The fact is that it exists and players have to be mentally ready for it.

HeatFan
11-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Its ironic that Durant repeatedly called Dwight a p*ssy when he openly admitted that he backed out of playing for team USA because he was scared after what happened to Paul George.

Good point. Don't necessarily agree but I see what you mean.

Denverbronco007
11-18-2014, 08:35 PM

Exactly

ThuglifeJ
11-18-2014, 09:17 PM

Except if Dwight DID retaliate all you on here would be saying "GO DWIGHT! put that stick in his place!"

FriedTofuz
11-18-2014, 09:31 PM
you guys are mentally weak if you'd retaliate and start a scrap with durant.
If a mere diss is so easy to get under your skin and have you swinging, clearly you didnt develop properly as a child. Good on dwight, play it off, who cares.

Saddletramp
11-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Except if Dwight DID retaliate all you on here would be saying "GO DWIGHT! put that stick in his place!"

No. It'd be embarrassing and hurt the team. The only thing in this situation worse then calling someone a ***** who shouldn't retaliate is for the guy to retaliate. This is the NBA, where guys make literally millions of dollars, not the mean streets of suburban Anytown where the thug life earns you literally hundreds (if that).

alexander_37
11-19-2014, 01:15 AM
That is the hilarious part. If he did retaliate NOBODY here would say anything positive, everyone would be like what a POS kick him out of the league. It's a lose lose.

alexander_37
11-19-2014, 01:28 AM

Are you ****ing serious?

Do you know how many 3 time or more DPOY there have been?? TWO IN THIRTY ONE YEARS

Ben Wallace (3)
Dikembe Mutombo (4)

Dwight in 300 and 400 less games has already out scored both in career points, he is out rebounding them on a rebounds per game basis, and is killing them both in scoring efficiency.

He has the credentials of 2 of the greatest defenders ever defensively and is dominating them offensively.

At 28 he is not far off some great players like Pau gasol, Mchale, Webber, and Sheed in scoring while playing much better defense and rebounding much better.

But he is nothing special right?

naps
11-19-2014, 02:17 AM

So you are a nobody? Good that you realized. Better late than never LMFAO!

Get over with the Dwight hatred. He was the next Wilt/Shaq when he was in LA but now that he didn't want any part of Kobe he is soft and weak? I mean which star FA ever wanted to play with Kobe? Exactly, NONE.

naps
11-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Are you ****ing serious?

Do you know how many 3 time or more DPOY there have been?? TWO IN THIRTY ONE YEARS

Ben Wallace (3)
Dikembe Mutombo (4)

Dwight in 300 and 400 less games has already out scored both in career points, he is out rebounding them on a rebounds per game basis, and is killing them both in scoring efficiency.

He has the credentials of 2 of the greatest defenders ever defensively and is dominating them offensively.

At 28 he is not far off some great players like Pau gasol, Mchale, Webber, and Sheed in scoring while playing much better defense and rebounding much better.

But he is nothing special right?

Dwight was a top 3/4 player for at least 3 years in Orlando. Don't listen to any Lakers fan on Dwight. They are hurt.

Randy West
11-19-2014, 02:27 AM
He ever just snaps he'll rip someones arm off and beat em with it.

He's been hearing stuff like that his whole life I bet. Maybe the guy has zero mean streak in him?

Dude's rich and playing a game for a living, I'd be laughing my *** off all the time as well cashing those checks

alexander_37
11-19-2014, 02:28 AM
He ever just snaps he'll rip someones arm off and beat em with it.

He's been hearing stuff like that his whole life I bet. Maybe the guy has zero mean streak in him?

Dude's rich and playing a game for a living, I'd be laughing my *** off all the time as well cashing those checks

Agreed.

Iron24th
11-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Dwight was a top 3/4 player for at least 3 years in Orlando. Don't listen to any Lakers fan on Dwight. They are hurt.

keyword here: was

sad when you think he's only 28 and should be in his prime like lebron, melo & co...

alexander_37
11-19-2014, 03:35 AM
keyword here: was

sad when you think he's only 28 and should be in his prime like lebron, melo & co...

He is getting over a devastating injury, he has steadily been improving.

Iron24th
11-19-2014, 08:15 AM
He is getting over a devastating injury, he has steadily been improving.

Injuries are part of a pro career, if he can't overcome it, than that's what I said, keyword is: "was".

PhillyFaninLA
11-19-2014, 09:00 AM
An immature insecure person with a child's mentality looks to fight for anything less then real cause, a man know how's to avoid most fights, and to fight when it actually matters.

Tony_Starks
11-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Who's saying he should retaliate? It's not like he received a dirty flagrant foul or someone threw a punch at him.

It's just a funny coincidence that multiple players feel comfortable to basically call him a clown.

Saddletramp
11-19-2014, 03:24 PM
When guys like Demarcus Cousins or Ron Artest can't control their emotions and get baited and retaliate against people we call them mentally weak and say they need to get their **** together before they can be taken seriously. When Dwight doesn't retaliate some people call them soft. The guy can't win.

Kobe knows he has no shot at the playoffs this year and fouls Dwight around the basket which leads to Dwight swinging some elbows to fend him off because the refs aren't calling it. Somehow this makes Dwight "soft" in the eyes of Kobe. If Kobe would have stolen the ball, no telling what Kobe and some fans would've called Dwight. I guess short of cold cocking him, nothing Dwight coulda done would have led to a different reaction. Again, the guy can't win.

It reminds me of the Dave Chapelle skit When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong. I can see Dwight punching out KD, getting suspended, losing a bunch of money, the Rockets miss the playoffs, teammates and fans and coaches turn on him, he gets traded to a bottom level team…

But hey, then Lakers fans and Rockets haters would laugh because he "did it to himself". You people are clueless .

albertajaysfan
11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Seems to me most people here are missing the point of trash talking. The point is to unsettle your opponent using words. So you pick the words you think will most likely irritate your opponent and get them off their game.

I think reading into it any more then that is overblowing this altercation.

As for the nicest guy in the NBA thing with Durant. I guarantee it was some marketing person who came up with the idea for the commercial. Durant isn't going to turn down the money they are giving him to uphold an image. Just like he isn't going to be a certain way just because of a commercial someone else is paying him to do.

D-Leethal
11-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Nobody is saying Dwight should have ***** slapped him. We're saying he is a *****, the guys who have been around him since he has been in the league seem to recognize that and have no qualms spitting that right in his face. Not saying Dwight should go slug Durant, but he should have never let his rep becomes what it has in the first place. This is a sentiment that has built up around the league over time. He is a big teddy bear, a monstrous force who probably watches cartoons and cries when he breaks a finger nail. The giant kid who let little munchkins call him fat in grade school and told the teacher on them instead of shutting them up himself.

Saddletramp
11-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Nobody is saying Dwight should have ***** slapped him. We're saying he is a *****, the guys who have been around him since he has been in the league seem to recognize that and have no qualms spitting that right in his face. Not saying Dwight should go slug Durant, but he should have never let his rep becomes what it has in the first place. This is a sentiment that has built up around the league over time. He is a big teddy bear, a monstrous force who probably watches cartoons and cries when he breaks a finger nail. The giant kid who let little munchkins call him fat in grade school and told the teacher on them instead of shutting them up himself.

So he shoulda been punching people out his whole career. Gotcha.

PurpleJesus
11-19-2014, 05:32 PM
I didnt really buy into the Dwight hate so much until this year, and the story he told through himself about his days with Orlando and the Lakers. That story really opened my eyes to how much of a douche he is.

D-Leethal
11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
And his ***** rep isn't about not fighting, its his personality, running away from a proven champ and one of the most storied franchises in sports because Kobe was too strict for him, the waah waah stories he tells the media thereafter. The sheistyness behind the whole SVG saga and trying to justify his actions which were pretty much unjustifiable (I mean just STFU at that point, damn), his need to be loved by everyone and anyone and the little pouty face he puts on when he's not. The tendency to throw monster elbows at someones face and then looks toward the ref with this stupid confused look on his face when the guy goes back at him.

alexander_37
11-19-2014, 05:42 PM
And his ***** rep isn't about not fighting, its his personality, running away from a proven champ and one of the most storied franchises in sports because Kobe was too strict for him, the waah waah stories he tells the media thereafter. The sheistyness behind the whole SVG saga and trying to justify his actions which were pretty much unjustifiable (I mean just STFU at that point, damn), his need to be loved by everyone and anyone and the little pouty face he puts on when he's not. The tendency to throw monster elbows at someones face and then looks toward the ref with this stupid confused look on his face when the guy goes back at him.

or maybe he left because it was clearly a sinking ship with nobody at the helm. Kobe is done. The Lakers are done. Dwight is on a potential contender.

D-Leethal
11-19-2014, 05:44 PM
So he shoulda been punching people out his whole career. Gotcha.

I clarified what I meant in my next post. Its not about punching people out. He's a weak minded *****, not a weak bodied *****. But he is clearly terrified of confrontation.

Saddletramp
11-19-2014, 06:51 PM
or maybe he left because it was clearly a sinking ship with nobody at the helm. Kobe is done. The Lakers are done. Dwight is on a potential contender.

Yup. Everybody left. Even Pau took off. When everybody jumped off of the Celtics, it was looked at as their window had closed so it was time to move on. When Dwight saw the ship going down with an ******* at the helm he left and gets vilified. That guy just can't win. He doesn't fight back with a scowl on his face? What a puss!

So much hate. So much hurt.

Verbal Christ
11-19-2014, 06:53 PM
When guys like Demarcus Cousins or Ron Artest can't control their emotions and get baited and retaliate against people we call them mentally weak and say they need to get their **** together before they can be taken seriously. When Dwight doesn't retaliate some people call them soft. The guy can't win.

Kobe knows he has no shot at the playoffs this year and fouls Dwight around the basket which leads to Dwight swinging some elbows to fend him off because the refs aren't calling it. Somehow this makes Dwight "soft" in the eyes of Kobe. If Kobe would have stolen the ball, no telling what Kobe and some fans would've called Dwight. I guess short of cold cocking him, nothing Dwight coulda done would have led to a different reaction. Again, the guy can't win.

It reminds me of the Dave Chapelle skit When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong. I can see Dwight punching out KD, getting suspended, losing a bunch of money, the Rockets miss the playoffs, teammates and fans and coaches turn on him, he gets traded to a bottom level team…

But hey, then Lakers fans and Rockets haters would laugh because he "did it to himself". You people are clueless .

Bro, you should know by know that logic doesnt work for the savages around here.

t_money25
11-20-2014, 04:03 PM
After reading 8 pages of Dwight Howard hate and Kobe/KD cream slurping, no wonder you guys could never succeed in team sports......It's a very simple/old saying and Dwight seems to get it. "Sticks and stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me.

SMH at some of the logic in here.