PDA

View Full Version : Second round pick Joe Harris likely to soon start at SG for Cavs

spreadeagle
11-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Good for him, Waiters must love this lol

Joe Harris was selected with the 33rd overall pick in this yearís draft by the Cavaliers, and while second round picks arenít owed anything by NBA rule, Harris not only made the team, but was given a two-year, fully guaranteed contract to join the roster.

On a team loaded with star talent thatís expected to contend for a title, Harris seeing anything other than garbage time minutes seemed to be a long shot.

But heís played well when heís gotten his chances early on ó so much so that he may soon find himself being introduced with the likes of LeBron James, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving as a member of the teamís starting lineup.

From Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal:

With the way he is progressing and as well as he is playing, Joe Harris will be the starting shooting guard sooner rather than later. Much sooner. As in within a couple of weeks (or less), one source with knowledge of the teamís thinking said. At least one member of the Cavsí brain trust is already in favor of the switch.

It was the rookie second-round pick Ė not Dion Waiters or Mike Miller Ė playing the final six minutes of Fridayís tight game. The Cavs closed the night with Kyrie Irving and Harris in the backcourt, Shawn Marion and LeBron James in the frontcourt and Kevin Love at center. Thatís a lineup they could use more and more going forward. Ö

What seems clear at this point is Dion Waitersí move to the bench is long term and Marion starting at shooting guard seems short term. Someone has to fill that spot and Harris, at this point, is the likeliest candidatehttp://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/16/report-joe-harris-will-soon-become-starting-two-guard-for-cavaliers/

bucketss
11-16-2014, 09:30 PM
lebron making team mates better

xxplayerxx23
11-16-2014, 09:36 PM
lebron making team mates better

Or Harris making Lebron better :shrug:

Arch Stanton
11-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Smokin' Joe has played well for the Cavs so far. He is a better fit next to Irving than Waiters. He plays solid D and can hit the 3. Again it's early... They seem to be playing well with Marion at the 2. Maybe they'll pick up Brewer in a trade?

@******: Timberwolves Discussing Corey Brewer Trade With Cavs, Rockets -- http://t.co/KILPhhRdQA

slaker619
11-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Intresting

MrfadeawayJB
11-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Everybody was pinning him as a steal in the draft and he's proving why. Keep it up joe!

Jeffy25
11-17-2014, 02:26 AM
It's been like 60 minutes

He may be a better fit in the 2, but Marion has played well.

Waiters is kind of useless on this team

Jeffy25
11-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Everybody was pinning him as a steal in the draft and he's proving why. Keep it up joe!

I still think Early of the Knicks will end up being the steal of the draft

I wanted the Spurs to take him though.

YAALREADYKNO
11-17-2014, 01:46 PM
dion waiters for corey brewer and a pick

prodigy
11-17-2014, 02:11 PM
It's been like 60 minutes

He may be a better fit in the 2, but Marion has played well.

Waiters is kind of useless on this team

Waiters has been subbing in for Irving and playing very well lately. He's a good play maker who had 8 assist last game to lead team. With Della out he's the only other guy who can run point right now. Yes I know lebron can but need others too. so he's act very useful right now and has played well off bench.

kingkenny01
11-17-2014, 02:43 PM
They need a rim protector

futureman
11-17-2014, 02:54 PM
He will probably be one of the guys traded if they get Corey Brewer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah I heard that Brewer rumor from Cavs and Rockets.

Arch Stanton
11-17-2014, 03:10 PM
He will probably be one of the guys traded if they get Corey Brewer.

I doubt that. I don't see the Cavs giving up players for Brewer. They'd use the trade exception and probably throw in a pick.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 03:22 PM

as a Wolves fan, **** that dude. I don't want Waiters anywhere near my Wolves squad, hogging shots away from Wiggins/Lavine

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 03:23 PM
I doubt that. I don't see the Cavs giving up players for Brewer. They'd use the trade exception and probably throw in a pick.

yep, that would probably be the deal. The Wolves probably would like to sign a PG off the street for depth, and then dump him when Rubio gets healthy.

prodigy
11-17-2014, 05:48 PM

as a Wolves fan, **** that dude. I don't want Waiters anywhere near my Wolves squad, hogging shots away from Wiggins/Lavine

Cavs fans would be very happy with wolves turning that down. Like others have said cavs need a rim protector. Not sure who is availabe and worth waiters but we will see.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Just a few weeks ago there were so many putting Irving/Waiters backcourt as top in the NBA. Now one of them can't even make his own starting lineup.

Arch Stanton
11-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Just a few weeks ago there were so many putting Irving/Waiters backcourt as top in the NBA. Now one of them can't even make his own starting lineup.

Who was saying they were the best backcourt? I don't think anyone including Cavs fans said this.