PDA

View Full Version : Is Draymond Green everyones favorite role player?

Chronz
11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Dude is like the next Shane Battier when it comes to being elite glue guys. I hate descriptions like "role player" because technically, everyone has a role to play, maybe tireless workhorse would be a more apt description. Anyways, if hes not your guy, who is? I used to have Amir Johnson up here but hes been injured lately. Matt Barnes has completely lost his shot and without that, hes not holding anything together.

So who are the best glue guys in the league. Best role player, whatever fits . You know it when you see it.

abe_froman
11-16-2014, 05:45 PM
abit of a homer pick but taj gibson is great,amir is one of my fav's as well

Goose17
11-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Amir is one of my favourites without a doubt. I also still have love for Landry.

Green has been my favourite Warrior since his rookie year, never mind my favourite "role player"

Tucker last year and Beverley deserve a mention.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 05:50 PM
I'll be intrigued to see what Clipper and Houston fan thinks after Green elbowed some people to prevent the 3 point record being broken and he's always in Griffins face.

...Part of the reason I like him so much haha.

D-Leethal
11-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Agree on Green and I like the Taj Gibson mention. Not in the league anymore but Lindsey Hunter was the first guy I thought of. I love me a PG that will tirelessly press you full court every possession.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm going to give a shout out to Nate Robinson as well... that's just me though.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Amir Johnson.

Saddletramp
11-16-2014, 07:38 PM
I'll be intrigued to see what Clipper and Houston fan thinks after Green elbowed some people to prevent the 3 point record being broken and he's always in Griffins face.

That was Beverly that he suckered but I'd lay any punk blame on Preacher Man. Never read the scripture that said that clothes lining an opponent when they are owning you is very Christ like, but whatever. I guess it was in the Old Testament.

Green tried to mix it up with Harden a few years ago and they got in a flopping contest and things got heated (from what I remember; it was probably worse in my mind) and I kept saying "You're too important for your team to get baited by this fat scrub" so now every time I see DG I think "Fat Scrub" although I know he's not. Good player.

valade16
11-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Does Nic Batum count?

ThuglifeJ
11-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I cannot stand Green and the way he carries himself but he's forsure one of the best 'role players' out there. Dude is a beast all around now.

I still like Nic Batum the best right now. Or Leonard in last years finals.

Allphakenny1
11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
I have always liked guys who seem like they would not even be in the league if they did not try harder than everyone else. Not super athletic and not particularly great at anything; just pure hustle. Brian Cardinal is the one who comes to mind for me, not sure who that person would be today.

PurpleLynch
11-16-2014, 08:46 PM
My favourite for sure. Batum counts also.

Allphakenny1
11-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Maybe Nick Collison. I do not hear about him as much anymore, but he has made a career out of out hustling everyone else. I always hated my team playing him because I could never understand how he was always able to out rebound other players. Dude has heart, that is what I want in a role player.

rhino17
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
He's a chump. Probably hate him more than anyone in the NBA. Dirty player's are always pieces of **** in my book. Would never want him on my team

I'd put him in the same category as someone like Bruce Bowen, another guy I have ZERO respect for

Ariza's Better
11-16-2014, 09:24 PM

Not gonna lie, totally forgot that happened.

As for favourite role players, green is up there. I'm also a fan of Jimmy Butler.

DemarDerozan
11-16-2014, 09:28 PM
He's a chump. Probably hate him more than anyone in the NBA. Dirty player's are always pieces of **** in my book. Would never want him on my team

I'd put him in the same category as someone like Bruce Bowen, another guy I have ZERO respect for

Bruce Bowen is the male NBA version of that crazy german boxer ***** at the end of Million Dollar Baby. POS.

Cracka2HI!
11-16-2014, 09:38 PM
I love Draymond Green's game. Wish the Clippers had him!

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Lamar odom

Mell413
11-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Does Korver count? If so he would be my choice. I was a fan of Matt Barnes.

TheNumber37
11-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Gibson> Green

sf-fanatic
11-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Green is probably a player you would HATE to go up against but would love on your team. His defensive effort energizes the team and the scoring this year is a huge plus.

Jamiecballer
11-16-2014, 10:54 PM
I love green but mine is Amir Johnson. He is incredible to watch on a day to day.

Miltstar
11-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Lebron James Johnson!!

MrfadeawayJB
11-16-2014, 11:39 PM
I used to love Jared Dudley when he was on the suns

Chronz
11-16-2014, 11:41 PM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/CurryIgnoresGreen.gif

**** Curry tho

MrfadeawayJB
11-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Homer pick but a guy who plays his role well is Tony Allen. I HATED him up until he signed with the grizz. Now he's a fan favorite

Jarvo
11-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Green, Gibson and my boy Patty Mills.

koreancabbage
11-17-2014, 11:01 AM
James Johnson. the star that never was.

Chrisclover
11-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Lamar Odom when in the Lakers

Jarvo
11-17-2014, 11:35 AM

**** Curry tho

Homer pick but a guy who plays his role well is Tony Allen. I HATED him up until he signed with the grizz. Now he's a fan favorite

He comes off the bench now?

Sadds The Gr8
11-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I liked him since college. Wanted the raptors to get him so badly when he fell to the 2nd round

MrfadeawayJB
11-17-2014, 01:27 PM

**** Curry tho

He comes off the bench now?

No he starts and gets around 25-39 mpg. People were naming odom and Beverly, so I named a guy similar to them

Bruno
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Larry Sanders.

dare I even say he's a role player? posters all over this forum have been dumping on him for over a year. people scoff at his contract, and fans in the Lakers forum shook their heads when I suggested buying him low last season using expirings and picks. most NBA fans don't understand how important a defensive anchor is. true, 75th percentile guys.

with the new CBA, the final year or two of his contract will be an absolute steal. he is a great anchor. the man can defend the paint for the bucks. I know were only 10 games in but the Bucks are 2nd in defensive rating (they finished dead last in 2014). When he is tuned in and focused, he's one of the leagues great under the radar game changers.

Bruno
11-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Larry Sanders.

dare I even say he's a role player? posters all over this forum have been dumping on him for over a year. people scoff at his contract, and fans in the Lakers forum shook their heads when I suggested buying him low last season using expirings and picks. most NBA fans don't understand how important a defensive anchor is. true, 75th percentile guys.

with the new CBA, the final year or two of his contract will be an absolute steal. he is a great anchor. the man can defend the paint for the bucks. I know were only 10 games in but the Bucks are 2nd in defensive rating (they finished dead last in 2014). When he is tuned in and focused, he's one of the leagues great under the radar game changers.

he's really not a role player. he's just a greatly undervalued anchor. the Bucks allow 98 points per 100 possessions, which leads the league. they allow 89 per 100 possessions while Sanders is on the floor. the length of Giannis and the size of their other front court players help, but he deserves the bulk of the credit for what is going on in Milwaukee.

i don't know what to do with the term either.