PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson or Lance Stephenson?

Goose17
11-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Who is better right now?

Who has the higher ceiling?

This was discussed a while back, didn't get much attention but people were leaning towards Lance; http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?854487-Klay-Thompson-vs-lance-Stephenson

IndyRealist
11-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Jimmy Butler.

DarkKnight
11-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Bernard King

abe_froman
11-16-2014, 02:10 PM
isnt it self evident by now?

Goose17
11-16-2014, 02:19 PM
isnt it self evident by now?

Is it? You tell me.

rocket
11-16-2014, 02:57 PM
serious?

Miltstar
11-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Klay plays with Steph, so Klay

tredigs
11-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Not fair to harp on Lance for his shooting struggles in a new system this early and this feels a bit like you're just trolling for W's compliments to an answer you know, but obviously with the transformation we're seeing from Klay it is him. He's the most improved Warrior from one season to the next I've seen in my 20+ years closely watching the team.

JEDean89
11-16-2014, 03:13 PM
How isn't it Klay?

Ty Fast
11-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Lance by far

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2014, 03:45 PM
We had this a couple months back.

The bottom line is it depends on your team.

If you are a weak rebounding team with a score-first point guard or no depth at the point guard position, Stephenson is the obvious choice. He helps your rebounding and gives you other options in terms of play making.

If you have a decent rebounding team with a great passing point guard, Thompson is the obvious pick because he is clearly a better scorer/shooter and helps spread the floor.

If I had nobody on my time, I might pick Thompson first because I have concersn about Stephenson's maturity , but otherwise I would pick Stephonson because with nothing to go with, it is better to grab the better all-round player.

cmellofan15
11-16-2014, 03:49 PM
kobe

lamzoka
11-16-2014, 04:03 PM
The obvious answer here is Iverson

ghettosean
11-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Not fair to harp on Lance for his shooting struggles in a new system this early and this feels a bit like you're just trolling for W's compliments to an answer you know, but obviously with the transformation we're seeing from Klay it is him. He's the most improved Warrior from one season to the next I've seen in my 20+ years closely watching the team.

+10

Bruno
11-16-2014, 04:39 PM
I don't think there's a comparison. Thompson is on another level.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM

Nah, I just remember everyone trolling me last time for saying Lance was overrated garbage and Klay would develop into an all star caliber player... I said it would take him 3 more years though.

So yeah, I just wanted to put this out there in case MIBs or anyone else is still on here thinking Lance is the better player smh.

ghettosean
11-16-2014, 05:14 PM

Nah, I just remember everyone trolling me last time for saying Lance was overrated garbage and Klay would develop into an all star caliber player... I said it would take him 3 more years though.

So yeah, I just wanted to put this out there in case MIBs or anyone else is still on here thinking Lance is the better player smh.

So you are trolling because you feel like you were trolled.... Gotcha ;)

Goose17
11-16-2014, 05:16 PM
So you are trolling because you feel like you were trolled.... Gotcha ;)

Pretty much. It is what it is.

Cal827
11-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Hollywood Hogan

likemystylez
11-16-2014, 09:30 PM

might wanna take a gander at draymond green

tredigs
11-16-2014, 09:54 PM
might wanna take a gander at draymond green

Not even close. Draymond's more improved in his own right, but he's just a more efficient/stronger version of the guy he was last season. And frankly, a lot of his efficiency improvements (besides the slight regression that is probably coming) are a reflection of playing with Curry and the rest of the starters rather than Mo Speights and co.

Klay is a different beast. He attacks at 4x the rate he did last season and gave up his reliance on the mid-range game. He's also a stronger ball handler + play maker. I did not even consider him a great offensive player his first 3 seasons (too 1 dimensional and reliant on Curry to set him up), and now he is a flat out beast.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Klay without hesitation.

MrfadeawayJB
11-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Thompson. If lance wasn't such a head case I might give it a little more debate

THE MTL
11-17-2014, 01:31 AM
This is a joke. Klay Thompson at this point is arguably the best SG in the NBA.

Cal827
11-17-2014, 02:05 AM
A bit more leaning towards Klay, but goddamn has one guy become overrated in one offseason lol

I remember the rage for his contract in the beginning. Lets see if he can keep his numbers up when it starts to get more serious in the year.

tredigs
11-17-2014, 02:14 AM
A bit more leaning towards Klay, but goddamn has one guy become overrated in one offseason lol

I remember the rage for his contract in the beginning. Lets see if he can keep his numbers up when it starts to get more serious in the year.

Feels like the comment of someone who hasn't watched the games.

Chronz
11-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Before the season I would have said it depends on the team, now its unanimously Klay

benzni
11-17-2014, 02:20 AM
Klay Thompson easily. I would love him on the Nets.

Cal827
11-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Feels like the comment of someone who hasn't watched the games.

I'll admit that I haven't seen a fair bit of the games, and what I did see, Klay has been doing extremely well... but I don't want to jump the gun just yet. We are only 10 games in. I'll say definitively if he can keep this up mid season, when your roster is (hopefully) healthy again.

If I was going to jump the gun, I guess we should prepare for the Raptors-Warriors NBA finals then :laugh2:

tredigs
11-17-2014, 02:31 AM
I'll admit that I haven't seen a fair bit of the games, and what I did see, Klay has been doing extremely well... but I don't want to jump the gun just yet. We are only 10 games in. I'll say definitively if he can keep this up mid season, when your roster is (hopefully) healthy again.

If I was going to jump the gun, I guess we should prepare for the Raptors-Warriors NBA finals then :laugh2:

He won't quite keep up these shooting #'s, but the fundamental changes in his game of how aggressive he now is in mixing up the three ball with slashes or backdoor cuts has made him a much more dangerous offensive weapon. Going off from 3 is one thing, but he never had a stretch of even 3 games where he looked near this smart/solid offensively. It's likely a combo of working on his game, the FIBA experience and listening to smart coaches critiques of how to improve. Curry, Green, Bogut and Barnes all look smarter in their approach as well. I haven't been watching the Raptors (seen 2 full games), but the Warriors in the Finals this year is definitely one option; though I don't think any one team in the West has a better than 33% chance (assuming full health here). I do think they'd have a good chance to mow down any team in the East in a best of 7 at full health. Especially if D. Lee joins the bench unit.

abe_froman
11-17-2014, 02:36 AM

its not comparing him to a top player,but against lance stephenson.which has always been debatable or edge to klay

also,this board rages about pretty much every contract for every player

MTar786
11-17-2014, 05:45 AM
klay will be bette than harden in no time

YAALREADYKNO
11-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Thompsons better now and has a higher ceiling. He's underrated defensively and the man can just flat out shoot the ball. Lance hasn't really found his feel in charlotte but who knows maybe he gets a lot better as the season goes on.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Klay

zn23
11-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Thompson easily.

I think both have reached their peak. What we see now from them is what we should expect going forward. Thompson is clearly a lot more skilled offensively.

likemystylez
11-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Thompson easily.

I think both have reached their peak. What we see now from them is what we should expect going forward. Thompson is clearly a lot more skilled offensively.

LOL @ reaching their peaks- They are both just 24 yrs old. Id say there is probably atleast 3 or 4 years before either hits their peak. Maybe even longer.

I know based on klays growth over the last 2 years- id expect his game to keep growing for atleast a few more summers

likemystylez
11-17-2014, 10:15 PM
klay will be bette than harden in no time

this- klay is a notch above stephenson... and harden may be a little bit better, but given how much klay is improving- Klay is gonna be the best shooting guard in the league soon unless something drastically changes with someone else. I think Beal is gonna be a really good player as well (but hes a bit undersized)

Sanjay
11-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Klay without a doubt, I like Stephenson's passion (although it is obviously detrimental sometimes), but Thompson is a great shooter and defender.