PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stevenson in a League of his own

Hardaway Here
11-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Why let someone else make contact with you to get a foul. Just hit yourself and flop and sure enough you will get the foul call you desire. Take it away Lance

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2269029-lance-stephensons-contact-with-harrison-barnes-results-in-him-slapping-himself?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Goose17
11-16-2014, 09:09 AM
I lol'd when I saw this.

People are arguing that Barnes knocked his elbow which cause him to slap himself in the face... as if he's that limp wristed! Lmao.

Awful flop. Highly entertaining if it wasn't for the fact that the refs gave him the call.

RLundi
11-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Doesn't look AS ridiculous as some other ones I've seen. He definitely oversold it, but I think at least some of that was due to Barnes' contact.

jerellh528
11-16-2014, 10:17 AM
I've seen much, much worse.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Doesn't look AS ridiculous as some other ones I've seen. He definitely oversold it, but I think at least some of that was due to Barnes' contact.

Really? He must be incredibly limp wristed. I'm surprised he can catch the ball with a wrist so limp.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 10:21 AM
I've seen much, much worse.

LOL worse than slapping yourself to fake a foul? I've literally never seen this before. Not sure if its worse but it sure is a first. Slapping himself then flailing around like someone else did it. Man is a joke.

jerellh528
11-16-2014, 10:28 AM
LOL worse than slapping yourself to fake a foul? I've literally never seen this before. Not sure if its worse but it sure is a first. Slapping himself then flailing around like someone else did it. Man is a joke.

Not the slapping himself part, that was terrible. I was meaning the actual act of flopping with less contact than he took.

ghettosean
11-16-2014, 11:01 AM
This was a flop on the contact for sure but I've seen worse too. MJ did say he got Lance to be an answer for Lebron and they so far seem to have a similar style of play... James is still better though.

likemystylez
11-16-2014, 12:22 PM

whats even worse than that is- it wasnt even really a screen by barnes- Barnes was cutting to the basket trying to avoid any contact, and was not directly between klay thompson and lance stephenson. Stephenson actually veered off to the side to get a little contact- lol and then took it to another level by slapping himself when they brushed shoulders. If stephenson was just playing defense on klay- lol I doubt they even touvh each other

likemystylez
11-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Im so glad that none of the warriors players flop

IndyRealist
11-16-2014, 01:10 PM
At full speed the players bumped fairly hard. Flailing's a bit excessive though.

Hardaway Here
11-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Well if slight contact causes him to slap himself. I can only imagine when players who flop a lot start tripping themselves to get a call. The art of the flop is ridiculous.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Im so glad that none of the warriors players flop

Curry does a little, at least he "sells" fouls. Personally I don't mind as much if an actual foul has been committed and a guy exaggerates a little to get the refs attention. It's when there is no foul or sometimes even no contact and players start flailing around.

Not the slapping himself part, that was terrible. I was meaning the actual act of flopping with less contact than he took.

I follow you. Fair enough.

likemystylez
11-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Well if slight contact causes him to slap himself. I can only imagine when players who flop a lot start tripping themselves to get a call. The art of the flop is ridiculous.

LOL well its annoying because he was on defense- LOL its one thing to drive and intiate some contact for a foul- but lol- if your chasing someone and the ref doesnt call the flop- lol the guy your chasing is wide open. id think if you were trying to catch klay thompson, youd have all your focus on that and not stepping into barnes so you brush shoulders and then blowing up the contact.

hornetsfansydne
11-17-2014, 01:55 AM
whats even worse than that is- it wasnt even really a screen by barnes- Barnes was cutting to the basket trying to avoid any contact, and was not directly between klay thompson and lance stephenson. Stephenson actually veered off to the side to get a little contact- lol and then took it to another level by slapping himself when they brushed shoulders. If stephenson was just playing defense on klay- lol I doubt they even touvh each other

Barnes was trying to set a screen to get Klay free and it was illegal so deserved a call.

Flopping to exaggerate a call has been around for years and I don't have a huge problem with it. Hell my coaches in junior basketball taught me to do this to get a call!

What I have a problem with is players massively exaggerating minimal contact or no contact and now fouling themselves in the attempt to get a call. No idea how this can change but it must start at grassroots levels with coaches not teaching kids to flop around like a fish out of water.

WOwolfOL
11-17-2014, 02:04 AM
I am Tyler Durden

Jeffy25
11-17-2014, 03:22 AM
You need to miss games for flopping, that will end this crap.

Btw, he is so much in a league of his own, that we can't even spell his name

Hardaway Here
11-17-2014, 03:25 AM
You need to miss games for flopping, that will end this crap.

Btw, he is so much in a league of his own, that we can't even spell his name

Yeah didn't even notice that til you pointed it out lol. So used to spelling that way. Don't really matter though, everyone knows who it is.

A mod can fix it if it really is bothering anyone lol

MickeyMgl
11-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Why let someone else make contact with you to get a foul. Just hit yourself and flop and sure enough you will get the foul call you desire. Take it away Lance

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2269029-lance-stephensons-contact-with-harrison-barnes-results-in-him-slapping-himself?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

There was contact. It's unlikely that the slap had anything to do with the call, since it was an illegal screen.

HeatFan
11-17-2014, 06:35 PM
he's a clown!!

Hawkeye15
11-17-2014, 06:40 PM
nothing beats that triple flop from a week or two ago.