PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K15 vs NBA Live 15

Ty Fast
11-15-2014, 08:54 PM
What do you think of the games? What one is better? I have not bought any game and was wondering if anyone could tell me if you can control the player without the ball on both games.

SportsFanatic10
11-15-2014, 09:08 PM
i decided to skip buying an nba game this year because i want to wait until i get a ps4, but i can tell you without hesitation that 2k15 is better than live. live has a long ways to go to catch up.

FlashBolt
11-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Didn't even know there was a Live for 2015... Enough said!

Ariza's Better
11-15-2014, 09:27 PM
2k15 is better. I gave up on Live a long time ago. I was hesitant to buy this years 2k after last years ginormous piece of **** of a game which was 2k14 but this years is really good.

InRoseWeTrust
11-15-2014, 09:35 PM
2k easy

SMH!
11-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Lol @ Live

Deception
11-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Live is a joke, I don't even know anyone who owns it personally. 2K is the obvious choice

curtcocaine
11-15-2014, 10:16 PM
This actually will be my last year with the 2k. The servers are an absolute joke. Been lookin at live on youtube and reading reviews. Looking pretty damn goid fir live.

bucketss
11-15-2014, 10:56 PM
dont know about live 15 but live 14 was the worst video game i have ever played.

Howard_Zinn
11-15-2014, 11:42 PM
This actually will be my last year with the 2k. The servers are an absolute joke. Been lookin at live on youtube and reading reviews. Looking pretty damn goid fir live.

For us that just play career mode offline, 2K is a dream this year for PS4.. I love it.. I haven't heard anything good about the servers though.. I just use online to download rosters and draft classes.... I have legit draft classes 5 years into the future though and fictional classes all the way till 2024 with Lebron James Jr. in the 2023 class (that's his class based on his age right now). haha

curtcocaine
11-15-2014, 11:50 PM
For us that just play career mode offline, 2K is a dream this year for PS4.. I love it.. I haven't heard anything good about the servers though.. I just use online to download rosters and draft classes.... I have legit draft classes 5 years into the future though and fictional classes all the way till 2024 with Lebron James Jr. in the 2023 class (that's his class based on his age right now). haha
You havent played online???? Whats the point go do some blacktop. I have a 7ft tall SF that can do everything! !!! Unfortunately im still on ps3

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2014, 11:50 PM
People still play live?

Hugbees
11-16-2014, 12:16 AM
2k15 is obviously better, but shot fatigue is the worst thing they've ever implemented. The kicker is there are no options to turn it off. After 20-30 shots your player becomes obsolete, not good for 12 minute quarters or MyPlayer. Why do they insist on micromanaging how players play?! I would say this is one of the weaker iterations.

ThuglifeJ
11-16-2014, 02:12 AM
There's a petition online regarding 2ks servers...that says enough about that joke. Great game offline though (sort of).

Live is fun but its arcadey.

2k is a joke to me because they make players WORSE in the game than in real life..and everything's slow, even gathering to shoot. Like give me a break its a game we want some extra flair. Live is like the polar opposite and Varajao could drop 50 with 10/10 on midrange

2k15: 7/10 (8/10 if ignoring online issues)
Live15: 6/10

For context I'd give 2k11 a 9.5/10 and Live03 era a 9/10.

I do like lives direction though.. While 2k has become complacent and corrupt

SoCal Bob
11-16-2014, 03:42 AM
2k15 all day.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-16-2014, 05:51 AM
http://doubleclutchhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/russgame.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbeHbCVIIAEGAjg.jpg:large

live is garbage

PurpleLynch
11-16-2014, 06:15 AM
2k15,no doubt. If you play MyCareer,don't use HOF difficulty. You'll never win,against anyone.

ThuglifeJ
11-16-2014, 12:24 PM

I'd wait till next years Live. It is a **** ton better than Live 14 and actually kind of fun but not worth 60$.

I'm done with 2k too I hate their dev team who just bs about fixing issues. "Whattt? MY online works perfectly, must be your router." "Were looking into it". That's all they say. Or they try to make jokes of it all like the face scan. Just stop being lazy and get new servers/fix game issues

Eagles_Guy
11-16-2014, 12:40 PM

live is garbage

Lol EA is garbage. Just looking at that after playing 2k15 is hilarious. One thing that always gets me in 2k15 - Kawhi Leonard's hair and the detail in it. 2k is certainly not perfect, but it's miles ahead of any EA game.

One thing that is very important though - if you are a PS3 user (or 360 I would assume), it is pretty well the same exact game as 2k13 (I skipped 2k14 myself). They didn't do anything other than roster update for last gen. PS4 and Xbox One it is a completely different game in graphics, gameplay, game modes, everything. My gf bought it for me for PS3, I played two hours and the next day exchanged it and sold my PS3 to go to next gen (they got me, the bastards). I wouldn't bother buying it unless you have a next gen console.

I am a Madden guy for over 10 years now, I ended up exchanging it almost right away. I play franchise mostly in both NBA and NFL, but going from 2k15's franchise to Madden franchise, EA is just so behind in almost every aspect.

Screw EA.

archdevil84
11-16-2014, 01:00 PM
i hate how the servers from 2k shut down after a year. i had a great time playing myteam in 2k13 but then after half a year the servers stopped and i could only play mycareer

Hardaway Here
11-16-2014, 01:25 PM
2k15 definitely is better but like other posters have said. If you want the full experience you have to get the next gen. The online is completely different on the PS4 and XB1 as well as the MyCareer. You definitely feel a lot more involved in the MyCareer I can say. I also like the MyGM mode too. The PS3 version of 2k15 you might as well be playing 2k13 with a roster update. I can't speak on 2k14 because I never got it.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 02:03 PM
2k15 is better but still heavily flawed.

Live is terrible.

Kinglorious
11-16-2014, 02:31 PM
2K15 for sure. I have it for PS4, it's great. Live hasn't been on the same level as 2K in I don't even know how long, and that's from a former devout player of Live. NBA Live 2000 is what helped me really get into basketball fifteen years ago when I was a kid. VC and the Raptors got me interested in the first place but Live 2000 solidified it, so it'll always have a place in my heart lol.

But yeah, 2K kicks its ***. I'll give credit to EA though, they've gotten better but they got a ways to go yet.

Trwood12
11-17-2014, 01:19 AM
I have completely dismissed Live as an option even worth considering ever since they squeezed out the steaming turd that was Live 14. The graphics were so bad that I sometimes forgot that I wasn't playing my NBA 09 The Inside game that I used to play on the ps2. Blake Griffin looked like a thumb and Westbrook looked like an angry bridge troll. 2k is far and away the superior game.

ThuglifeJ
11-17-2014, 08:04 AM
I have completely dismissed Live as an option even worth considering ever since they squeezed out the steaming turd that was Live 14. The graphics were so bad that I sometimes forgot that I wasn't playing my NBA 09 The Inside game that I used to play on the ps2. Blake Griffin looked like a thumb and Westbrook looked like an angry bridge troll. 2k is far and away the superior game.

While i agree live 14 was one of the worst games ive seen, Graphics arent everything. 2k can look like real life which is cool for a couple weeks but then the predictable and flawed gameplay catches up, which is more important

Goose17
11-17-2014, 08:59 AM
While i agree live 14 was one of the worst games ive seen, Graphics arent everything. 2k can look like real life which is cool for a couple weeks but then the predictable and flawed gameplay catches up, which is more important

Lives gameplay is worse than its graphics though.

ichitownclowni
11-17-2014, 09:26 AM
I wanna try live but I can't give EA anymore money after the ****** Madden gane they put out every year

FraziersKnicks
11-17-2014, 10:27 AM
If you only play offline (like myself), NBA 2k15 on the PS4 is one of (if not) the greatest sports simulations of all time.

Online is where the problems appear but the core offline game is incredible.

Jeffy25
11-17-2014, 10:29 AM
They still make Live?

Big improvement on 2K this year. Last year, on the One, they tried the new format...but it was an incomplete game.

This year, it's much better, and worth the purchase if you have the One

JWO35
11-17-2014, 10:39 AM
2k15 is probably better but its kinda not worth getting if you have 360 or PS3. Its completely different from the next gen game....if you're an online gamer I think Live is worth trying. I know from the 360 days getting online with 2k was impossible while Live ran pretty smooth.

IMO Live is more cartoony while 2k is life like, nothing is wrong with cartoony style, like I said in terms of online team play Live was way more fun compared to 2k(when it actually worked). IDK things may be different with the new blacktop mode online(yet to play it), but I know 5on5 teamups was the only reason I bought NBA Live [The one with Dwight on the Cover] :laugh2:

ThuglifeJ
11-17-2014, 01:47 PM
I wanna try live but I can't give EA anymore money after the ****** Madden gane they put out every year

Demos free

NoahH
11-17-2014, 02:07 PM
2k15 by a landslide. Live has improved but it is still miles behind 2k15.

I have 2k15 for PS4 and aside from server issues it is amazing.

Chrisclover
11-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Per IGN, NBA Live VS. NBA 2k is like Lebron playing a pick-up game against an arthritic giraffe.

Chrisclover
11-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Thumb?lol. Fun to picture that

blahblahyoutoo
11-18-2014, 02:22 PM

live is garbage
LMAO, asian carmelo!
they got westbrooks big nose and lips right though.

Chronz
11-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Echoing similar thoughts, 2K is still the standard. EA has had years to get its **** together and they still produce crap. They've ruined just about every franchise they get their hands on it seems.

Ive yet to play the next gen 2k15 but if its an upgraded version of 14, Ill be happy. The 2k15 for the old consoles sucked balls because its basically the same game + a few added tweaks to the animations, which is nice but not worth the investment. Id much rather download the new rosters/graphics than pay for a carbon copy.

2K15 for sure. I have it for PS4, it's great. Live hasn't been on the same level as 2K in I don't even know how long, and that's from a former devout player of Live. NBA Live 2000 is what helped me really get into basketball fifteen years ago when I was a kid. VC and the Raptors got me interested in the first place but Live 2000 solidified it, so it'll always have a place in my heart lol.

But yeah, 2K kicks its ***. I'll give credit to EA though, they've gotten better but they got a ways to go yet.

Thats the one with Duncan and you can finally play with MJ I think. First game to actually let you do so IIRC. I had that on my PC, ran so slow that I would only play street ball.

IDunknown
11-19-2014, 12:08 AM
EA is selling NBA Live for half price:laugh2:

Chrisclover
11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Wonder if it works a bit. ...

MonroeFAN
11-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm sticking with 2k14 on xbox 360, and that's it for me and basketball games apparently (sad, yearly purchase and every day player since 04).

Both next gen iterations of 2k have been unplayable in my opinion. I have no desire to try NBA live.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-19-2014, 12:52 PM
I still wanna get a basketball game this year. Wanna see Giannis and Parker beast in the east.

Eagles_Guy
11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm sticking with 2k14 on xbox 360, and that's it for me and basketball games apparently (sad, yearly purchase and every day player since 04).

Both next gen iterations of 2k have been unplayable in my opinion. I have no desire to try NBA live.

Really? I've been a 2k guy for NBA since 10, and was on Live before that. Couple things here and there but overall I think it's alright. My biggest gripe about 2k in the past was the rebounding, it's still a problem, but before the CPU would just out rebound you on ridiculous levels no matter what you did, at one point I had Dwight and AD as my bigs, and they'd still get beat on every board. It's gotten a bit better, but i guess they have to even the odds somehow. This year I'd say the biggest drawback is defending the guards is harder, harder to stick with them than before. I started playing off ball D (mostly Center) more than I ever had because of it.

I'm actually quite happy with the game, and I'm pretty picky coming from Madden.

But as I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you are on Xbox 360 just stick with what you have, it's the same game.

Howard_Zinn
11-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Link?

Iron24th
11-19-2014, 05:59 PM

live is garbage

Holly SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They are terrible, remind me of 96' total NBA.

MonroeFAN
11-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Really? I've been a 2k guy for NBA since 10, and was on Live before that. Couple things here and there but overall I think it's alright. My biggest gripe about 2k in the past was the rebounding, it's still a problem, but before the CPU would just out rebound you on ridiculous levels no matter what you did, at one point I had Dwight and AD as my bigs, and they'd still get beat on every board. It's gotten a bit better, but i guess they have to even the odds somehow. This year I'd say the biggest drawback is defending the guards is harder, harder to stick with them than before. I started playing off ball D (mostly Center) more than I ever had because of it.

I'm actually quite happy with the game, and I'm pretty picky coming from Madden.

But as I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you are on Xbox 360 just stick with what you have, it's the same game.

Something about the new engine just is not enjoyable for me, and I was pretty anti-shot meter. I might have given up on it a bit too soon, but it also might simply be time for me to move on. I will continue to enjoy it on the 360 definitely.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 07:43 PM

Still not worth it.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2014, 01:13 AM
Something about the new engine just is not enjoyable for me, and I was pretty anti-shot meter. I might have given up on it a bit too soon, but it also might simply be time for me to move on. I will continue to enjoy it on the 360 definitely.

It's because you are not in control and the players are WORSE in the VIDEO GAME than they are in REAL LIFE.....

the game's got so many pretty animations that it's TOO many animations. Everything you do just triggers a sequence of animations where you basically just are observing a predicted outcome all game instead of actually having a freelance basketball game out there.

It's no fun anymore after 2 weeks and you've seen all the new animations/graphics.

omdigga
11-20-2014, 09:34 AM
i remember back in the day NBA Live was always better.. then 2K took over and is way better than live now imo.. not sure how that happened..

IDunknown
11-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Link?
Oh it's not half price. It was only 30$ before.