Time: 6:00pm ET

Rockets @ Thunder
Time: 7:00pm ET
NBA TV

Warriors @ Lakers
Time: 9:30pm ET

SF8
11-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Hawks at Cavs and Spurs at Kings should be good ones.

FlashBolt
11-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Cleveland looks CRAZY good when they are clicking. This is just nonstop. Cavs are leading by 35. 6:57 left in the 2nd quarter. 27-62.

Crackadalic
11-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Cavs looking crazy good

SF8
11-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Cavs shot 19-31 from 3, holy hell.

MrfadeawayJB
11-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Glad my grizz held off a talented Detroit team. On to the rockets!

Ezio
11-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Vogel always gets his guys to show up against Chicago, wish we didn't take them lightly

mightybosstone
11-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Wow. What a drive by Collison. Sacramento might just screw around and actually win this game.

JLynn943
11-16-2014, 01:48 AM
That's a great win for this Kings team. Even with blowing two massive leads the last two games, I think they're really showing something so far this year. They blew those leads against two of the best teams in the league, and I don't think this team last year would have even gotten those leads. Now the win against the Spurs, I'm believing more that the win streak wasn't just a fluke.

True Sports Fan
11-16-2014, 01:58 AM
Loving how the Kings are playing right now. Kings could be realistically be 8-2 if not 9-1 right now but **** happens. Hopefully this team at least learned something after blowing two 20+ leads

SF8
11-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Eric Bledsoe with 1 point in 33 mins.

LOL great $70M investment for the Suns :laugh:

koreancabbage
11-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Eric Bledsoe with 1 point in 33 mins.

LOL great $70M investment for the Suns :laugh:

players have their bad scoring days. Besides, he had 10 assists, 6 boards, 3 steals. Gotta do it another way if you're struggling with your shot.

c.c.
11-16-2014, 10:13 PM
This Rockets vs. OKC game is UGLY

tredigs
11-16-2014, 10:18 PM
This Rockets vs. OKC game is UGLY

One of the worst games I've ever seen. Is either team shooting 30%?

tredigs
11-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Holy **** they are both at 28%.

Htownballa1622
11-16-2014, 10:49 PM
That.was.ugly.

tredigs
11-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Rox shot 28.8% from the field (7 for 35 from 3), 53% from the line. And they won. OKC is in serious trouble. Wtf is Lance Thomas? I sure don't know. But he starts on OKC.

tredigs
11-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Kobe with a cut above his eye and may have to leave the game at the 5 minute mark in the 2nd quarter. Not all a loss, though. He already got 16 FGA's in.

tredigs
11-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Lakers fans chanting "MVP!" for Kobe. Down 20 with the worst record in the conference. He front rims the FT.

He's en fuego, though!

Warriors already outscored the Rox and OKC with a minute to go in the half. Wow.

jerellh528
11-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Damn, kobe needs help. This team outside of him is garbage.

tredigs
11-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Damn, kobe needs help. This team outside of him is garbage.

Meh, I still say Jordan Hill's the teams best player.

What they need is a coach who will teach them team ball and put Kobe in check. 24 field goal attempts in the 1st half? Is he trying to make up for having his worst shooting game ever in the last one or something? These guys aren't going to play with passion alongside his chucking (and honestly it's crazy that he's even 10 for 24, these are insanely tough shots he's attempting).

They do suck and there was no chance of them ever being a playoff team, but I just think this is the worst possible way to build the team for the future. You really can't win with this personnel on account of their defense, though. It's the worst I've seen in my life (called that preseason btw).

jerellh528
11-16-2014, 11:55 PM

What they need is a coach who will teach them team ball and put Kobe in check. 24 field goal attempts in the 1st half? Is he trying to make up for having his worst shooting game ever in the last one or something? These guys aren't going to play with passion alongside his chucking (and honestly it's crazy that he's even 10 for 24, these are insanely tough shots he's attempting).

They do suck and there was no chance of them ever being a playoff team, but I just think this is the worst possible way to build the team for the future. You really can't win with this personnel on account of their defense, though. It's the worst I've seen in my life (called that preseason btw).

His teammates are like 1-9, 2-7, 0-2. Outside of hill, who should really play backup mins, nobody can make a shot. But I can honestly see where a kobe hater would bash him for all these shots, but realistically it's all this team can do.

jerellh528
11-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Not saying you're a hater, just saying it's easy to look at a box score and be like " aw damn kobe is a chuckin tool"

Duncan = Donkey
11-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Kobe in full chuck mode, funny ****

tredigs
11-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Not saying you're a hater, just saying it's easy to look at a box score and be like " aw damn kobe is a chuckin tool"

I mean they're playing a really tough D and everyone is definitely struggling, I'm just saying that as a whole their best chance at success is going to be through ball movement and getting the most out of all of its pieces, not falling into a mode where a 36 yr old off multiple surgeries is taking by far the most shots in the NBA and doing it super inefficiently.

blahblahyoutoo
11-17-2014, 12:19 AM
lol kobe, lol lin, lol byron scott.

zn23
11-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Kobe just jacking up shots. 42 points on 13-32. Playing absolutely no defense. Lakers down almost 40 points.

He makes it so easy to criticize. I don't even have to try to nitpick or cherry pick. It's just so easy this season. I'm going to say right now, despite the fact that he'll pass Jordan in total points, his legacy should absolutely take a hit for this season. He's got the biggest green light I've ever seen and he's shot jacking like I've never seen before.

It's funny cause if you go on NBA.com the headline of the night is "KOBE HAS 40 POINTS IN THE 3RD QUARTER". Then you check the score of the game and their down almost 40 points.

jerellh528
11-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Kobe just jacking up shots. 42 points on 13-32. Playing absolutely no defense. Lakers down almost 40 points.

He makes it so easy to criticize. I don't even have to try to nitpick or cherry pick. It's just so easy this season. I'm going to say right now, despite the fact that he'll pass Jordan in total points, his legacy should absolutely take a hit for this season. He's got the biggest green light I've ever seen and he's shot jacking like I've never seen before.

It's funny cause if you go on NBA.com the headline of the night is "KOBE HAS 40 POINTS IN THE 3RD QUARTER". Then you check the score of the game and their down almost 40 points.

Typical box score dweller response. Do you even watch the games?

zn23
11-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Kobe may set another unbreakable NBA record by the end of the year. Having a Usage % higher than his FG%... That would be quite a feat.

lakerfan85
11-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Kobe may set another unbreakable NBA record by the end of the year. Having a Usage % higher than his FG%... That would be quite a feat.

Your obsession with Kobe is comical..

Cal827
11-17-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm no Kobe Homer, but I think most of us would pretty much sell out our whole teams to have someone have a career that mirrors Kobe's on our team, even if he looked bad at times. I'll take the multiple titles, and contention for over a decade, if I just have to endure a few bad seasons thank you very much lol

zn23
11-17-2014, 02:40 AM
I'm no Kobe Homer, but I think most of us would pretty much sell out our whole teams to have someone have a career that mirrors Kobe's on our team, even if he looked bad at times. I'll take the multiple titles, and contention for over a decade, if I just have to endure a few bad seasons thank you very much lol

I'd rather have a GM that could attract 3 Hall of Fame level big men, and a championship winning coach, to my team.

It's not to take away from Kobe and say that he didn't contribute, because he clearly did and he was a very good 2nd option for Shaq, but it was the team around him, more so than Kobe. They could have won more titles if his ego didn't get in the way.

Would his career have gone the same way with the Hornets dysfunctional organization? I don't think so, he got put in a situation with a world class organization run by the late, great Dr. Buss. He was the one who made the Lakers. I'd rather have someone like him.

Chronz
11-17-2014, 12:37 PM

No way bro. His defense is reprehensible. You said it yourself, they are bad. on. that end. A bigman has to be able to anchor something. Kobe is their best player but there is an argument for about 3 guys, that's part of the problem.

He's playing like the top40 player he was predicted to be in this team.

Really tho, Kobe would look alot better on the hawks

lakerfan85
11-17-2014, 12:48 PM
I'd rather have a GM that could attract 3 Hall of Fame level big men, and a championship winning coach, to my team.

It's not to take away from Kobe and say that he didn't contribute, because he clearly did and he was a very good 2nd option for Shaq, but it was the team around him, more so than Kobe. They could have won more titles if his ego didn't get in the way.

Would his career have gone the same way with the Hornets dysfunctional organization? I don't think so, he got put in a situation with a world class organization run by the late, great Dr. Buss. He was the one who made the Lakers. I'd rather have someone like him.

Really? I'm pretty Jerry West had something to do with putting that team together.. Also you can say it's about the team that's put around the superstar for any player.. Does Jordan win without pippen, grant, rodman, and the really good role players they had? What about Lebron? Does he repeat without Ray allen? All superstars that win have good supporting casts. Nobody can win a title by themselves..

tredigs
11-17-2014, 06:12 PM
No way bro. His defense is reprehensible. You said it yourself, they are bad. on. that end. A bigman has to be able to anchor something. Kobe is their best player but there is an argument for about 3 guys, that's part of the problem.

He's playing like the top40 player he was predicted to be in this team.

Really tho, Kobe would look alot better on the hawks

If Hill's defense is reprehensible, then we need a different adjective for what we've seen from Kobe (never in my life have the Splash Bro's had more room than they did last night). Abomination doesn't cut it. Obviously you want your paint presence to be a good defender, but like Kobe would fit better on the Hawks, so would JHill on just about any other team. He should be a PF, and I mean, when you have the likes of Lin/Kobe/W Johnson/Boozer as your lines of defense leading to the paint, the onslaught is real. He is poor, but also stands absolutely no chance. At least offensive rebounding ability is probably the best single trait anyone on that team has.

Nice help D, Kobe... https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/534374067881537536

Given both sides of the ball, I can't justify Kobe in the top 50.

zn23
11-17-2014, 07:29 PM
If Hill's defense is reprehensible, then we need a different adjective for what we've seen from Kobe (never in my life have the Splash Bro's had more room than they did last night). Abomination doesn't cut it. Obviously you want your paint presence to be a good defender, but like Kobe would fit better on the Hawks, so would JHill on just about any other team. He should be a PF, and I mean, when you have the likes of Lin/Kobe/W Johnson/Boozer as your lines of defense leading to the paint, the onslaught is real. He is poor, but also stands absolutely no chance. At least offensive rebounding ability is probably the best single trait anyone on that team has.

Nice help D, Kobe... https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/534374067881537536

I thought it was very generous of ESPN to rank him no.40. Kobe's defense, as you politely put it, is an abomination. I encourage everyone to watch Lakers games and just pay attention to Kobe on the defensive end. Don't pay attention to anything else except his defense what you'll discover is that Kobe is that Kobe will usually defend the other teams 3 point shooter who stays in the corner so he doesn't have to move as much. When he guards the other teams SG he plays like 5 feet off of them and allows them to shoot at will. Gets absolutely destroyed on screens. Will always go under a screen and never over a screen. He'll often get burnt on back cuts, and will voluntarily play a zone defense when the rest of the team is playing man.

Combine that with the fact that his Usage % is higher than his FG %, his salary, and you got the Least Valuable Player in the league.

tredigs
11-17-2014, 07:40 PM
I thought it was very generous of ESPN to rank him no.40. Kobe's defense, as you politely put it, is an abomination. I encourage everyone to watch Lakers games and just pay attention to Kobe on the defensive end. Don't pay attention to anything else except his defense what you'll discover is that Kobe is that Kobe will usually defend the other teams 3 point shooter who stays in the corner so he doesn't have to move as much. When he guards the other teams SG he plays like 5 feet off of them and allows them to shoot at will. Gets absolutely destroyed on screens. Will always go under a screen and never over a screen. He'll often get burnt on back cuts, and will voluntarily play a zone defense when the rest of the team is playing man.

Combine that with the fact that his Usage % is higher than his FG %, his salary, and you got the Least Valuable Player in the league.

Relative to salary? Oh, yeah. I think if there were a 1 season re-draft where GM's were focused solely on winning as many games as possible and not ticket sales, etc. There is a decent chance he would not go in the top 150.

That said, going back to Chronz point, this is also one of the worst possible teams for him to be on (in highlighting his weaknesses). I won't exonerate him from being a big reason for that, but it's a fact.

I just can't stand how literally nobody on his team will improve with him on the court playing like this. I don't think anybody on that squad has the balls or gravity to call him out, though.

Edit: Scratch that. I'm perfectly fine with the Lakers not improving. What I can't stand is those who still have Kobe's back to no end here.

Sanjay
11-18-2014, 06:40 PM

Kobe puts more effort on the defensive end than some people *Harden* and most of the other Laker players. Remember he is 36 and in his 19th season...

Chronz
11-19-2014, 01:37 PM
If Hill's defense is reprehensible, then we need a different adjective for what we've seen from Kobe (never in my life have the Splash Bro's had more room than they did last night). Abomination doesn't cut it.
Hes been giving everyone room this year, Harden shot in his face effortlessly too. But Hill has been worse given his responsibilities.

Obviously you want your paint presence to be a good defender, but like Kobe would fit better on the Hawks, so would JHill on just about any other team. He should be a PF, and I mean, when you have the likes of Lin/Kobe/W Johnson/Boozer as your lines of defense leading to the paint, the onslaught is real. He is poor, but also stands absolutely no chance. At least offensive rebounding ability is probably the best single trait anyone on that team has.

Works both ways tho, when you have a pathetic anchor, you're less likely to pressure ball handlers. Thats why Id rather them start Davis and bring Hill's energy off the bench. Maybe thats not an option given how ****** their defense is anyways but I would at least try pairing more of Boozer's minutes with a legit shot blocker. And there are games when Kobe can be a plus defender, there are teams without perimeter weapons, like last night he was on Thabo and did a good job of playing free safety. You can never hide awful interior defense tho.

Him being out of position is partly why he cant be this teams best player but the problem is hes abit of a tweener no matter what team you put him on. Hes worked on his midrange shot but outside of 1 game where he looked like Dirk, its been pretty bad. So what you have is a bigman who cant anchor a D, cant space you out and can only look good so long as there are a gang of misses to corral. And alot of those misses are a result of Kobe being doubled or Lin penetrating. I dont see many teams that can improve their talent with that kind of player. Hes like a very poor mans Manimal, in fact hes very similar to Hickson, whom Im sure you remember was miscast as a Center alongside LMA, only to watch the team replace him with a natural center, albeit a less talented one and saw the defensive improvements outweigh his own individual contributions. Now Hicksons on Denver and they continue to suck defensively.

The Lakers are already doing what they can to make sure there are plenty of misses for Hill to try and snatch up. Whereas Kobe can clearly benefit from added offensive help, we saw abit of that last night

Lakers are ok on offense and horrendous on defense. Thats totally Kobe's DNA at this point.

Whos #50?
Definitely not Hill.