PDA

View Full Version : The Knicks are 2-8..NOW do you trade Melo?

FriedTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Simply put, this team isnt going to make the playoffs and to secure a high draft pick, they'd be better off trading melo for future assets and rebuilding.
Keeping melo while still being at the bottom of the conference is not going to attract free agents in 2015.People kept saying is it time to trade kobe, but IMO, Melo has a greater chance of being traded.

KnicksYanks
11-15-2014, 06:08 PM
This is a joke right? Melo ain't getting traded...ever

FriedTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:09 PM

Melo's people have advised him to sign in new york because he can get the most money this way and always get a trade later. It wouldnt surprise me to see him traded eventually.

NYSpirit1
11-15-2014, 06:10 PM

Yeah this is completely stupid. Phil probably told Melo a crap season like this was in the cards. The Knicks are in prime time position.

They have a superstar locked up for FIVE years, they suck and will secure a high draft pick AND have a ton of cap when Rondo, Aldridge, Gasol and Kevin Love hit the market.

What gets even better is if the Knicks don't want to invest in a young star at the top of the draft, they can look to do what the Cavs did last season.

Trade JR Smith? Now I'm with you.

KnicksYanks
11-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Melo's people have advised him to sign in new york because he can get the most money this way and always get a trade later. It wouldnt surprise me to see him traded eventually.

I get what your saying. But teams will be cautious and be afraid of the 20 million plus melo gets paid in his mid thirties. Also the Knicks aren't looking to trade their star 10 games into the season. And about the whole "if the knicks don't win they won't get FA" is false. I'm pretty sure playing with melo and getting max money is good enough.

goingfor28
11-15-2014, 06:11 PM
10 games into a new contract w a new coach, zen, and loads of cap space soon

Cmon lol no way

KnicksYanks
11-15-2014, 06:12 PM

Cmon lol no way

This

FriedTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:17 PM
If melo is a superstar why is his team only 2-8?
I dont see why any free agent will sign on a team that's not even remotely close to making the playoffs.
Rondo loves Boston, Aldridge is staying in Portland, Gasol is definitely not leaving his contender in memphis for NY, and all that leaves available are players like Greg Monroe ( who no one offered a contract to, so he took the qualifiying) and Paul Milsap.

DarkKnight
11-15-2014, 06:17 PM

Cmon lol no way

PSD where dumb threads happen

BoiledTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Mods ban accounts that have similar names to other users but keep accounts open who knowingly trolls entire fan bases like this guy

BoiledTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:25 PM
On a serious note I think Melo and the Knicks know that this team wont suddenly become a contender overnight so they would probably give it a couple of seasons before they even consider trading away all their assets.

FriedTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Mods ban accounts that have similar names to other users but keep accounts open who knowingly trolls entire fan bases like this guy

It's a legitimate question tho, you cant deny that, it's just like the other thread asking if kobe should be traded.

BoiledTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
It's a legitimate question tho, you cant deny that, it's just like the other thread asking if kobe should be traded.

Yea but the Knicks and Lakers are at different stages. Melo is a franchise player in his prime while Kobe probably wont be around when the Lakers become relevant again.

SportsFanatic10
11-15-2014, 06:29 PM

and the real reason this thread was made is revealed...not that it wasn't obvious all along.

diu9leilomo
11-15-2014, 06:34 PM
masai should rip the knicks agian with demar + fields + chuck hayes for melo trade

FlashBolt
11-15-2014, 06:35 PM
This forum is so stupid. I think even Melo understands they won't be winning a thing for the next couple of years. Until they get Amare's contract out and wait for free agency, this is going to be a lost season. No one in their right mind would have thought they wouldn't be terrible. It's just a matter of how bad. I think we've gotten the message.

Rush
11-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Please create quality threads. Carmelo just signed a contract with them. This isn't happening. Closing.