PDA

View Full Version : 11/14 | NBA GameThread

kdspurman
11-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Sorry ya'll, just want to get something up quickly.

Denver at Indiana
7:00 PM

Milwaukee at Orlando
7:00 PM

Miami at Atlanta
7:30 PM

Cleveland at Boston

Utah at New York

Philadelphia at Houston
8:00 PM

Minnesota at New Orleans

Detroit at Oklahoma City

Charlotte at Phoenix
9:00 PM

San Antonio at LA Lakers
10:00PM
ESPN

SF8
11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
What a disgusting group of games.

Not a single one of them looks like it will be worth watching.

I guess the NBA is tryin to send a message that people should go out and have a good time on a Friday night instead of staying home watching basketball :D

M.I.A.
11-14-2014, 09:36 PM
What a disgusting group of games.

Not a single one of them looks like it will be worth watching.

I guess the NBA is tryin to send a message that people should go out and have a good time on a Friday night instead of staying home watching basketball :D

Hawks vs Heat is a pretty good game so far.

deaner
11-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Will Phil and Jeanie end up 3-16 after tonight?

#triangle
#zenlove

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Just got a nice iPhone 6 update from Tapatalk

Crackadalic
11-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Boston blowing out the Cavs

zn23
11-14-2014, 10:41 PM
The Cavs defense is so laughably bad. I can't see this team winning a title this year. They may come out of the East. But there's at least 3 teams from the West (Rockets, Spurs and Warriors) that would destroy them.

SF8
11-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Minnesota losing by 46 to....Pelicans.

BKdoubleStacker
11-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Dragic has been a ghost this year

M.I.A.
11-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Hawka win 4th on a row over Heat

Duncan = Donkey
11-14-2014, 11:13 PM

oddly timed comment, seeing how his last 3 games have been his best of the season......bar the season opener

Arch Stanton
11-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Thank you Ron Doh!

Arch Stanton
11-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Cavs had no business winning that one. Hopefully they can figure out their defensive woes within the next couple of months. Good to see them come back to win being down 17.

Crackadalic
11-14-2014, 11:20 PM
45 for melo to tie and once again Jr fuccs it up. Glad Spiff is getting traded soon. I'd trade him for peanuts

Crackadalic
11-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Wow can Philly pull the upset?

statquo
11-14-2014, 11:30 PM
lol did sixers coach fire the ball at harden? ballsy time for a technical.

JNA17
11-14-2014, 11:37 PM
lol did sixers coach fire the ball at harden? ballsy time for a technical.

I swear the Sixers are doing this on purpose. No team is THAT stupid to make a tech foul with less than 40 seconds left in the game while you are by 2. I refuse to believe that.

mightybosstone
11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
I'll give it to the Sixers. They played really, really hard tonight after that blowout last night. Houston did everything in their power to lose that game with some atrocious shooting beyond the arc and behind the line. But Philly was really pushing the tempo and outhustling the Rockets for most of the game. I'm just super thankful that Houston found a way to pull out the win. Hopefully they get Beverley and Jones back soon, because they desperately need those guys on the floor right now.

ThuglifeJ
11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Terry acting like the won the championship. lol.

Verbal Christ
11-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Crazy game. I gotta give it to the 76ers, after getting absolutely embarassed last night they really brought the effort against Houston. I felt that PHI deserved to win, but it is what it is. Not thrilled with the poor perimeter shooting. Impressed with the defensive effort. Still have work to do and plenty of room for improvement.

SeoulBeatz
11-14-2014, 11:44 PM
I'll give it to the Sixers. They played really, really hard tonight after that blowout last night. Houston did everything in their power to lose that game with some atrocious shooting beyond the arc and behind the line. But Philly was really pushing the tempo and outhustling the Rockets for most of the game. I'm just super thankful that Houston found a way to pull out the win. Hopefully they get Beverley and Jones back soon, because they desperately need those guys on the floor right now.

GG.

Idiotic conspiracy theorists will say that Brett Brown intentionally tried to get T'd up by kicking the ball. He's just a fiery coach. Def a boneheaded move but glad to see my Sixers step it up after being annihilated last night. Pretty exciting finish considering the lopsided matchup.

BKdoubleStacker
11-15-2014, 12:05 AM

oddly timed comment, seeing how his last 3 games have been his best of the season......bar the season opener

It's still really early but he is no where near what he did last year.

DoMeFavors
11-15-2014, 12:41 AM
45 for melo to tie and once again Jr fuccs it up. Glad Spiff is getting traded soon. I'd trade him for peanuts

Why do Knicks fans always put blame on one player or one thing? The team just isn't talented.

mightybosstone
11-15-2014, 12:50 AM
GG.

Idiotic conspiracy theorists will say that Brett Brown intentionally tried to get T'd up by kicking the ball. He's just a fiery coach. Def a boneheaded move but glad to see my Sixers step it up after being annihilated last night. Pretty exciting finish considering the lopsided matchup.

Wroten really impressed me tonight. Every time the guy had the ball in his hands, I was terrified. He has the potential to be a legitimate player for the 76ers once they get some other pieces in place. And Noel continues to impress me on the defensive end. If he ever finds some semblance of an offensive game, he's going to be a damn good NBA big. Sims also played a really good game and did an excellent job pulling Dwight out on the perimeter and hitting that mid range jumper. I've admittedly never heard of the guy, but he hit some big shots.

I know it sucks to be a 76ers fan right now, but at least they're starting to put the pieces in place to where you can tell this is going to be a good team in 2-3 years.

mightybosstone
11-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Holy ****. I haven't watched any of this LA and San Antonio game, but I just saw that Kobe was 1-13 for 9 points. He's reached a whole new level of inefficiency. I feel bad for the guy, though. You have to think that if he had competent teammates and wasn't the only decent scorer on the team, he'd be scoring at a more efficient rate than this.

DoMeFavors
11-15-2014, 01:18 AM
I don't think Kobe likes Sacre

lakerfan85
11-15-2014, 01:20 AM
Holy ****. I haven't watched any of this LA and San Antonio game, but I just saw that Kobe was 1-13 for 9 points. He's reached a whole new level of inefficiency. I feel bad for the guy, though. You have to think that if he had competent teammates and wasn't the only decent scorer on the team, he'd be scoring at a more efficient rate than this.

What are you talking about?? They've got Carlos Boozer and Wesley Johnson for crying out loud.. :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::p

zn23
11-15-2014, 01:31 AM

That's what Kobe and the Lakers fans want you to think. Look, they don't have a great team to begin with. But Kobe is using that excuse, because he pays very close attention to how he's perceived in the media and how the team is perceived, to chuck up a whole bunch of shots. It hasn't stopped him in the past, when he had good players around him, but this year he feels he can get away with it more so because of the perception that they have one of the worst teams in the league. Like I said I'm not disputing that they're a bad team. But they've been competitive in some games and I feel like Kobe has totally shot them out of.

Right now Kobe is 1-14... It's got to kill the confidence of his team and those around him. But it's fine with him because he knows no one in the media will criticize him. All he cares about now is passing Michael in total points, and it doesn't matter how many bricks he lays in the process.

Teeboy1487
11-15-2014, 01:33 AM
That's what Kobe and the Lakers fans want you to think. Look, they don't have a great team to begin with. But Kobe is using that excuse, because he pays very close attention to how he's perceived in the media and how the team is perceived, to chuck up a whole bunch of shots. It hasn't stopped him in the past, when he had good players around him, but this year he feels he can get away with it more so because of the perception that they have one of the worst teams in the league. Like I said I'm not disputing that they're a bad team. But they've been competitive in some games and I feel like Kobe has totally shot them out of.

Right now Kobe is 1-14... It's got to kill the confidence of his team and those around him. But it's fine with him because he knows no one in the media will criticize him. All he cares about now is passing Michael in total points, and it doesn't matter how many bricks he lays in the process.
#5Ringz

lakerfan85
11-15-2014, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=zn23;29260415]That's what Kobe and the Lakers fans want you to think. Look, they don't have a great team to begin with. But Kobe is using that excuse, because he pays very close attention to how he's perceived in the media and how the team is perceived, to chuck up a whole bunch of shots. It hasn't stopped him in the past, when he had good players around him, but this year he feels he can get away with it more so because of the perception that they have one of the worst teams in the league. Like I said I'm not disputing that they're a bad team. But they've been competitive in some games and I feel like Kobe has totally shot them out of.

Right now Kobe is 1-14... It's got to kill the confidence of his team and those around him. But it's fine with him because he knows no one in the media will criticize him. All he cares about now is passing Michael in total points, and it doesn't matter how many bricks he lays in the process.[/QUOTE

Oh you mean like the other night against Memphis when Jordan hill clanged a wide open jumper that costed them a shot to win?

DoMeFavors
11-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Kobe and Lakers are being selfish, you are rebuilding yet you are having a 36 year old taking all the shots and built offense around a 36 year old with bad supporting cast.

Crackadalic
11-15-2014, 02:02 AM
Why do Knicks fans always put blame on one player or one thing? The team just isn't talented.

Because Jr has no future with this team. If trading him means a extra 6 mil to get a starter on this team next year I'm all for it. He isn't a winning basketball player. He's a guy you want if you already have an establish culture. He shouldn't be your 2nd or 3rd best player

Plus were injury prone Jose/Bargs/Amare/Iman out. Can't win a lot of basketball games without being healthy. Our starting pg is a third stringer so it's hurting us a lot

DoMeFavors
11-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Because Jr has no future with this team. If trading him means a extra 6 mil to get a starter on this team next year I'm all for it. He isn't a winning basketball player. He's a guy you want if you already have an establish culture. He shouldn't be your 2nd or 3rd best player

Plus were injury prone Jose/Bargs/Amare/Iman out. Can't win a lot of basketball games without being healthy. Our starting pg is a third stringer so it's hurting us a lot

I get JR has no future on your team but most of the team doesn't have a future with the team, and JR should be traded but besides Melo and maybe Tim Hardaway I don't see anyone with def futures on the knicks. And JR is going to be hard to unload I think.

deaner
11-15-2014, 02:32 AM
What team would trade for JR Smith??

2 year 6M deal. No thanks. They have very little assets to attach to JR to make him tradable.

DoMeFavors
11-15-2014, 02:41 AM
Question is which contending team is Amare going to next season? I could see Steve Kerr wanting him in Golden State

nastynice
11-15-2014, 02:43 AM

2 year 6M deal. No thanks. They have very little assets to attach to JR to make him tradable.

I could see him being a good fit on a team that needs some scoring from their bench. Use him in some kinda similar role to Jamal Crawford.

Vinny642
11-15-2014, 03:12 AM
The Pels

abe_froman
11-15-2014, 04:06 AM

he'll be hard to move.you can get away with being a chucker,but being a headcase also? i just cant see anyone touching that except the team he's already on

Crackadalic
11-15-2014, 10:00 AM
I get JR has no future on your team but most of the team doesn't have a future with the team, and JR should be traded but besides Melo and maybe Tim Hardaway I don't see anyone with def futures on the knicks. And JR is going to be hard to unload I think.

Half the league has cap space next season.

Jr is a guy you want if you have an establish culture/team/management/goal

Jr issue in NY besides the craziness is he is being ask to be the 2nd/3rd option when really he should be the 4th or 5th option.

The funny thing is he is our most talanted sg on our roster. He just doesn't know the difference between a good shot or bad shot.

I can see a contending team asking for him to make a final push. He will be gone by the trade deadline

deaner
11-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Half the league has cap space next season.

Jr is a guy you want if you have an establish culture/team/management/goal

Jr issue in NY besides the craziness is he is being ask to be the 2nd/3rd option when really he should be the 4th or 5th option.

The funny thing is he is our most talanted sg on our roster. He just doesn't know the difference between a good shot or bad shot.

I can see a contending team asking for him to make a final push. He will be gone by the trade deadline

JR as your most talented SG says nothing. I'm not trying to rub it in but there is little to no talent on the Knicks other than Melo.

Would a team really sacrifice team chemistry in the playoffs for JR Smith?? Name a team/front office that would do that. There are better options i'm sure.

Im also pretty confident the teams with cap space have bigger goals than settling on JR before Free Agency begins.

cmellofan15
11-15-2014, 01:05 PM
just saw that kobe went 1-14. ouch....

jerellh528
11-15-2014, 01:22 PM
just saw that kobe went 1-14. ouch....

Yea he was really ill for the game. He's a warrior for even playing

DoMeFavors
11-15-2014, 02:10 PM
JR as your most talented SG says nothing. I'm not trying to rub it in but there is little to no talent on the Knicks other than Melo.

Would a team really sacrifice team chemistry in the playoffs for JR Smith?? Name a team/front office that would do that. There are better options i'm sure.

Im also pretty confident the teams with cap space have bigger goals than settling on JR before Free Agency begins.
I think he would behave on Rockets,Spurs,Mavericks....But I Think he would fit well in Portland

c.c.
11-15-2014, 03:09 PM
I think he would behave on Rockets,Spurs,Mavericks....But I Think he would fit well in Portland

I wouldn't mind his scoring off the Rockets young (minus Jason Terry) bench

FlashBolt
11-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Yea he was really ill for the game. He's a warrior for even playing

Lol... I love Kobe as a player but stop making these excuses. If he's out there, you know damn well Kobe can play. He just had a bad game... Nothing wrong with it. Anyone doubting Kobe and saying he's inefficient needs to stop because he genuinely has nothing to work with.. This may be one of the worst LAL team I have ever seen. Lin. Can't wait till Nick Young gets back and brings some excitement/scoring load off Kobe. Sucks having to watch Kobe do everything.