PDA

View Full Version : The Ryan Anderson Story- Moving Forward After Gia Allemand's suicide

Vinny642
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
This is one of the better sports related articles I have read in a long while.
Ryno is a warrior, I couldn't fathom being that in love with someone and to lose them, especially like that. Horrendous situation.

I remember being glued to the laptop, for updated reports and such, hoping for good news, but there was none.

And even though I dont think Monty is the best coach or anything, but his role in this whole thing makes him a helluva person, friend, coach. He was there immediately for Anderson, staying with him and helping him out.

WARNING- There are some ninja onions out there, so be careful.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/11/13/ryan-anderson-gia-allemand

tredigs
11-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Started reading it yesterday... it's tough to finish. It definitely offers perspective.

Vinny642
11-14-2014, 05:12 PM
It was rough to finish, Im not one to be sensitive or feel emotions to things, but that one hurt

Hawkeye15
11-14-2014, 05:25 PM
I have never suffered from depression, and nobody close to me has, so I simply don't understand it.

My only opinion on it is, I feel terrible for anyone who has inner demons they can't elude. And being in his spot would have been just about as painful as it gets.

jp611
11-14-2014, 05:34 PM
This was one of the most powerful articles I have ever read.

Monty Williams is really an amazing person.

abe_froman
11-14-2014, 05:36 PM
I have never suffered from depression, and nobody close to me has, so I simply don't understand it.

My only opinion on it is, I feel terrible for anyone who has inner demons they can't elude. And being in his spot would have been just about as painful as it gets.
the exact opposite of me haha(i suffer from it,and just about everyone around has as well).it def is tough to go through(both being afflicted and dealing with someone who is).its something that there's no easy or "right" answers for.i def feel for him.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2014, 05:44 PM
This was one of the most powerful articles I have ever read.

Monty Williams is really an amazing person.

and I ****ed hate Jason Smith prior to this article..

PurpleLynch
11-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Wonderful article. I suffered personal situations similar to his,unfortunately. I'm really happy he had those beautiful people around him who helped him in all kind of ways...Depression is a bad,bad illness. Hard to heal and to tolerate. Best wishes Ryan.Don't give up.

Miltstar
11-14-2014, 10:38 PM
A lot of us can relate to this in some way... the biggest problem is it can be soo hard to help someone when the problem exists in their head. Sometimes all the kind words and support in the world aren't enough

InRoseWeTrust
11-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah, saw this yesterday. Really, really intense read. I can't even imagine what that was like for everyone involved.

ghettosean
11-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Wonderful article. I suffered personal situations similar to his,unfortunately. I'm really happy he had those beautiful people around him who helped him in all kind of ways...Depression is a bad,bad illness. Hard to heal and to tolerate. Best wishes Ryan.Don't give up.

This... thanks to the OP for sharing... lot's of respect for Ryan right now.... Good dude!