PDA

View Full Version : Why most retired NBA players are slamming Derrick Rose

Lionel20
11-14-2014, 01:11 PM
If you had a choice to be equally great in any Professional Sports League in the United States, which one would you choose?

If you say anything other than the NBA, I think you're dumb.

Why?

Health Risk

Long-term injuries are scare, especially compared to MMA, NHL, NBA. In fact in can be said that the NBA contributes to individual health.

Life Expectancy among Major American Sports
*Average life expectancy US population = 79

NFL = 55 years
MLB = 78 years
NBA = 81 years

Note: NFL players are twice as likely to die from heart disease, have twice the risk to develop Alzhiemer's, Dementia, etc.

Wealth and Salary

Average Player Salary among Professional Sports

MLB = 3.9 mill
IPL (Indian Cricket) = 4.2 mill
EPL (Soccer) = 3.5 mill
NHL = 2.4 mill
NFL = 2 mill
PGA Tour = 1.1 mill
NBA = 4.5 mill

Top Aggregate Endorsement Earnings by Sport

NBA = 165 mill
ATP = 158 mill
PGA = 143 mill
Soccer (International) = 92 mill
Motorsports = 47 mill
MLB = 35 mill
Cricket = 32 mill
Track = 24 mill
Boxing = 13 mill

Derrick Rose himself, at 26 years old and despite playing less than 10% of his teams games over the last two years, has an net worth estimated $70 mill. That's nearly more than Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees combined.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-14-2014, 01:21 PM
huh. I think you left out the large portion of your post where you tie back what you type to the title of the thread.

ghettosean
11-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Who are the retirees that are slamming him?

GodsSon
11-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Are you trying to say it's jealousy?

You know, when you're behaving in a way that appears to be soft, don't be surprised when other people call you out on it. It's NOT "hating".

diu9leilomo
11-14-2014, 01:50 PM
IPL (Indian Cricket) = 4.2 mill??
this gotta be a joke...

Lionel20
11-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Are you trying to say it's jealousy?

You know, when you're behaving in a way that appears to be soft, don't be surprised when other people call you out on it. It's NOT "hating".

I've had a busy schedule I wasn't able finish my conclusion. But I'm just going to leave the OP like it is. My point is that generally speaking, an NBA player should be the last of the major sports players to complain about his future. I think that's a reason why Barkley, Shaq, and other's can't related. The NBA is the best sports league in the world to play for.

xnick5757
11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
I've had a busy schedule I wasn't able finish my conclusion. But I'm just going to leave the OP like it is. My point is that generally speaking, an NBA player should be the last of the major sports players to complain about his future. I think that's a reason why Barkley, Shaq, and other's can't related. The NBA is the best sports league in the world to play for.

this isn't close to being true. Nothing comes close to european football.

There's no equivalent to winning the World Cup or the Champion's League in the NBA. The best players are treated like gods

YAALREADYKNO
11-14-2014, 04:28 PM
At least his injury to him this time wasn't serious lol

YAALREADYKNO
11-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Who are the retirees that are slamming him?

Charles, Kenny, Shaq on NBA ON TNT. They said yeah they ache and things like that today but if they had to do it all over again, they would because basketball was so good to them or something like that

Gibby23
11-14-2014, 04:33 PM

There's no equivalent to winning the World Cup or the Champion's League in the NBA. The best players are treated like gods

What does an average player make? Someone that has a skill level of a Deng or Taj Gibson. Really good, but not a top 2 or 3 player on the team.

xnick5757
11-14-2014, 04:37 PM
What does an average player make? Someone that has a skill level of a Deng or Taj Gibson. Really good, but not a top 2 or 3 player on the team.

around 10-12 million usd a year in salary

the top players, like messi and ronaldo, make $50 million a year (just in salary)

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-14-2014, 04:38 PM
this gotta be a joke...

A country with a population of 1 billion that worships this one sport, shouldn't come as a surprise the players make so much money.

xnick5757
11-14-2014, 04:39 PM
this gotta be a joke...

the highest paid cricket player makes $26.5 million a year in salary + endorsements

Gibby23
11-14-2014, 04:39 PM

the top players, like messi and ronaldo, make $50 million a year (just in salary)

SO the average players make about as much as the average players in the NBA but the Stars make much more than NBA stars. What is the salary for a minimum player?

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Ronaldo rakes in more than 80 mill just from Real Madrid alone and Messi a little more than 50 from Barcelona.

72 Wins
11-14-2014, 05:44 PM
SO the average players make about as much as the average players in the NBA but the Stars make much more than NBA stars. What is the salary for a minimum player?

Why don't you just look it up?

Gibby23
11-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Why don't you just look it up?

Not into soccer and I don't know most of the players, so I wouldn't know who to look up.

Lionel20
11-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Have you seen footage of NBA players during the Olympics, they're celebrated everywhere. Many ELS can come into airports here and few people recognize them.

The World Cup and Super Bowl are more popular events than the NBA Finals. However NBA players are the most valuable athletes in the world. It's not necessarily a matter of how popular the particular sport/game is, the individual marketability of NBA players is unmatched in the world.

In the States for instance, the NFL is clearly the more popular sports, but if you follow the money, the NBA has the more popular players.

In other words Peyton Manning to Denver in 2012 was big for Peyton, BIGGER for the NFL!
LeBron James return to Cleveland this year was big for the NBA, but BIGGER for LeBron!

Not only do NBA players make more on average in their sport than any other sport in the world, they make more outside their sport.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, John Elway, Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre, Deion Sanders, even if you adjust the most popular NFL players net worth to 2014, they're not even worth half what Kobe Bryant's empire is worth.

Even B-list superstars like Deron Williams are worth more than elite NFL players like Aaron Rodgers. Yet, the NFL has the much higher ratings and attendance. I know why this is. My point is that in the world of sports NBA players have been the most valuable players for a while now. The NBA players carry their sport more so than any other Leagues' players do.

mike_noodles
11-14-2014, 06:05 PM
this gotta be a joke...

Are you not familiar with populations throughout the world?

mike_noodles
11-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Charles, Kenny, Shaq on NBA ON TNT. They said yeah they ache and things like that today but if they had to do it all over again, they would because basketball was so good to them or something like that

The funny thing is, that's what happens when you get old regardless of the sports you play. I know shocking right.

naps
11-15-2014, 06:09 AM
IPL average salary is no way in the hell 4.2 million. ********. Only a handful of cricketers make multi-millions combining salary and endorsements where a few of them make 2 millions in salary. No way IPL average is 4.2 millions. Absurd claim.

naps
11-15-2014, 06:17 AM
People who believe NBA is the best sports league in the world are the ones that think our country is the world. Rest of the world doesn't exist to them.

Ariza's Better
11-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Have you seen footage of NBA players during the Olympics, they're celebrated everywhere. Many ELS can come into airports here and few people recognize them.

The World Cup and Super Bowl are more popular events than the NBA Finals. However NBA players are the most valuable athletes in the world. It's not necessarily a matter of how popular the particular sport/game is, the individual marketability of NBA players is unmatched in the world.

In the States for instance, the NFL is clearly the more popular sports, but if you follow the money, the NBA has the more popular players.

In other words Peyton Manning to Denver in 2012 was big for Peyton, BIGGER for the NFL!
LeBron James return to Cleveland this year was big for the NBA, but BIGGER for LeBron!

Not only do NBA players make more on average in their sport than any other sport in the world, they make more outside their sport.

I'm sorry but Soccer players are far more recognisable around the world than NBA players. It's true that Lebron would be recognised more in the US more than Ronaldo but in Europe? Brazil? Australia? Ronaldo easy. In regards of endorsement deals, Golf still have a large chunk.

JasonJohnHorn
11-15-2014, 09:09 AM
this gotta be a joke...

Do you know how many people live in India? The size of their market is HUGE!

slashsnake
11-15-2014, 04:15 PM

FC Barcelona was the top paying team in all of euro football last year and paid 8.7 mil on average per player.

You are right the top guys, the elite stars can bank more than in the NBA thanks to no salary caps though.

According to espn

NBA has 30 of the top 66 average salaries by team.
MLB has 15 of them
Soccer (euro football) has about 16 of them...
And there's a few cricket teams in there...

BUT

That's across multiple leagues for soccer.

Bendesliga has 18 teams
English premier has 20 teams
La Liga has 20 teams
Italian Serie A has 20 teams

Nearly twice as many teams with half as many in the top pay rate.

So while sure, playing for AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, or Real Madrid might earn you more than your average NBA salary, the average NBA salary earns a lot more than the average team in one of those leagues.

No cap. Barcelona can pay 8.7 mil a player on average in La Liga, most teams pay less than 2 mil a year, some as low as $400k a year.

xnick5757
11-15-2014, 05:52 PM
FC Barcelona was the top paying team in all of euro football last year and paid 8.7 mil on average per player.

You are right the top guys, the elite stars can bank more than in the NBA thanks to no salary caps though.

According to espn

NBA has 30 of the top 66 average salaries by team.
MLB has 15 of them
Soccer (euro football) has about 16 of them...
And there's a few cricket teams in there...

BUT

That's across multiple leagues for soccer.

Bendesliga has 18 teams
English premier has 20 teams
La Liga has 20 teams
Italian Serie A has 20 teams

Nearly twice as many teams with half as many in the top pay rate.

So while sure, playing for AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, or Real Madrid might earn you more than your average NBA salary, the average NBA salary earns a lot more than the average team in one of those leagues.

No cap. Barcelona can pay 8.7 mil a player on average in La Liga, most teams pay less than 2 mil a year, some as low as $400k a year.

Yeah. My main point though was that in terms of accomplishment/stardom, nothing in the NBA can really compare to winning the World Cup (or the Champion's League)