PDA

View Full Version : You don't know DeMarcus Cousins!

Goose17
11-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Yep, BR penned a good article. Very enjoyable;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2240721-meet-the-real-demarcus-cousins-strong-willed-maturing-misunderstood

Highlights;

Cousins is convinced that if you understood the difference between the way his current and previous worlds work, you would’ve known his early troubles were simply growing pains while he adjusted to his new environs.

"I've never been a guy who plays the political game," he said in the players' lounge before an exhibition game against Maccabi Haifa at Sleep Train Arena. "It's either right or wrong; that's how I was raised."

There is coming to terms with the way your new world operates, but then there's feeling undermined in it by someone who came from the exact world you did.

That is how Cousins views Barkley, and it's why, in spite of playing for him on All-Star Weekend in the Rising Stars Challenge, sharing a dais in Sacramento with him for their mutual friend, Mayor Kevin Johnson, and spending a week together in Spain this summer, he refuses to acknowledge Barkley's presence.

Mention that Barkley doesn't believe the cold shoulder is merited, and Cousins responds as if Barkley is standing directly in front of him:

"I have no respect for you and I never will. We have nothing to talk about. So, yes, every time we see each other, there will never be words."

"Coming up as a kid and hearing that from one of the best players ever to come out of Alabama," Cousins said, "a guy people grow up looking up to, to hear him say, 'Well, he's not that good...' I remember it like it was yesterday. Then, coming into my rookie season, you take up for your ex-coach and say I'm the worst thing that ever happened to Sacramento on national TV. Yeah, I'm going to remember."

"He believes everyone is a snake until proven otherwise," said his personal trainer, Keith Williams, who has known him since the 11th grade. "Especially the media."

While Cousins fully admits he hasn't always reacted well—"A lot of the mistakes I made were my fault"— what truly bothers him is that the reason for his reaction is often garbled.

"It really gets under my skin. Sometimes I feel like (the media) has so much control over what kind of person you can be, no matter what the reality is. You see guys they praise who they think are the greatest guys in the league, and they're *******s—they're the worst people ever. And then there are people they bash, for whatever reason, and you meet them and they're the coolest people ever. I just hate that fact. Some of what I get, I deserve; I do some dumb stuff sometimes. But I do not deserve the perception that I have."

That stuff about the media, I can totally believe that, guys like CP3 etc not being as "nice" as the media makes them out to be. And guys that are portrayed as thugs or arseholes actually being decent people.

Vinny642
11-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Im actually a fan of the dude. Should have a nice career

Miltstar
11-13-2014, 05:51 PM
The media certainly has the upper hand and they can make you look however they want if you don't do a good job sticking up for yourself, this much is very true

HoopsDrive
11-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the real grey world Boogie.

JEDean89
11-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Ric Bucher is still the least credible name in sports journalism

Goose17
11-13-2014, 06:46 PM

Great article though.

JLynn943
11-13-2014, 06:59 PM

I had no idea he was the one who wrote that article. That is honestly shocking. It's undoubtedly a fantastic article though.

CavsYanksDuke
11-13-2014, 07:03 PM
He really is not that good, sorry. And that quote, "A lot of the mistakes I made were my fault" Ummm I am pretty sure everyone's mistakes are their fault. This speaks volumes about his maturity. Blaming everyone else for your image and problems is not the way to live your life.

As for Barkley and Shaq, I have seen several instances in which they have said DC is talented, but he is the reason he is not achieved the success that he should have. That should be motivation for him to become better, instead he just pouts.

Chronz
11-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Lmfao yeah right
That's why he forces his belief onto others. Remember when cp3 was simply trying to shake hands wit Isaiah, cousins tugs him away disrespectful..

Lol at the mistakes line , guy is either delusional or not mature enough to understand the media can only highlight what u expose.

Hopefully he takes responsibility for the Sean Elliott incident if he won't speak to Chuck due to his inability to take criticism

Goose17
11-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Lmfao yeah right
That's why he forces his belief onto others. Remember when cp3 was simply trying to shake hands wit Isaiah, cousins tugs him away disrespectful..

Proof that you didn't read the article is right there in your post^ he addresses this. Whether or not you accept his explanation (as a die hard Clippers fan) is up to you, but you didn't even acknowledge that he gave an explanation there, you brought up that hand shake thing like everyone will have forgotten about it but there's an entire paragraph in the article discussing it.

I wish people would read things before replying.

Oh and it's not the first time I've heard people saying CP3 isn't the nice guy the media portray him to be, he's previously been described as the biggest ******* in the league.

72 Wins
11-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Proof that you didn't read the article is right there in your post^ he addresses this.

LMAO. Exactly what I was thinking.

Chronz
11-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Proof that you didn't read the article is right there in your post^ he addresses this.
I skimmed through it, saw him mention it and lol'd before clicking the x.

Whether or not you accept his explanation (as a die hard Clippers fan) is up to you, but you didn't even acknowledge that he gave an explanation there, you brought up that hand shake thing like everyone will have forgotten about it but there's an entire paragraph in the article discussing it.
Well I brought it up like his excuse doesn't exonerate him. Just like his ****** explanation for hating on Barkley doesn't exonerate him. The woe is me card doesn't work on me, childhood grudges after you've already made it should be left behind. Now imagine how I feel about the petty jealousy of another player. He doesn't know the first thing about professionalism but Im suppose to believe he knows everything Chris Paul related on top of that? Not gonna be able to do it, seen too much from him to buy his excuses. But hes apologized before, maybe theres hope for him yet. Instead of saying most of my mistakes were my fault he should man up for all of them.

I wish people would read things before replying.
I wish there were things worth reading. This article just makes me like him even less. Vague explanations and biased claims tend to do that.

Oh and it's not the first time I've heard people saying CP3 isn't the nice guy the media portray him to be, he's previously been described as the biggest ******* in the league.

LOL not that its relevant but, "Portray him to be"? To which evidence are you referring? Nothing in that article is something people would deny about CP3 so how is the media hiding it?

LOL seriously look at his complaints:

When he prevented teammate Isaiah Thomas from shaking Chris Paul's hand after Cousins missed a last-second shot for a one-point defeat last November, he was immediately tagged as a poor sport. The real reason: He couldn't abide a teammate helping Paul, whose choir-boy image off the court belies one of the biggest trash-talkers and ruthless competitors on it, glossing that wholesome image.
EVERYONE knows CP3 talks incessantly, EVERYONE knows hes a ruthless competitor (frankly those are qualities I love about him), it seems DMC doesn't know how to separate what goes on in within the NBA to the world out of it. Thats why he has his image and CP3 has carefully crafted his own, thats the difference between intelligence and immaturity.

Chronz
11-14-2014, 01:47 PM
You never force your beliefs upon others, I dont care what your reasoning is but when the best you have to offer is that you dont like his image, that has to be something you apologize for once you reach maturity. I wonder what Isaiah thought of it, sure didn't look like he liked it as it was happening.

I would actually have respected him more if he was just being a poor sport. I would understand not wanting to shake anyones hand after you failed your team in the final possession, thats some truly emotional ****. Even then its petty to take it beyond your own feelings but still abit more respectable to me. To be honest tho, the minute it happened I knew it was because of his own grudge vs CP3/Blake. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, wish I was wrong but this article proved it.