PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are 1-8.....NOW Do You Trade Kobe?

P&GRealist
11-13-2014, 04:19 PM
He's leading the league in scoring chucking at a career low 39% from the field. Chucking at 32% from 3 pt range.

The Lakers are 1-7.

Is it time to trade him NOW while the Lakers can still get value for him and get rid of that God awful contract?

Thoughts.

jaydubb
11-13-2014, 04:21 PM
They should but they won't

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't care what his percentage is. To lead the league in scoring is impressive for a grandpa.

Hawkeye15
11-13-2014, 04:22 PM
they will never trade Kobe. What for? They would get crushed by the fans.

Hawkeye15
11-13-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't care what his percentage is. To lead the league in scoring is impressive for a grandpa.

on really awful efficiency. But, I would expect his body to get a bit stronger throughout the season, even though I don't think he will be league average in scoring efficiency by years end. He just doesn't draw fouls anymore, which will kill him.

P&GRealist
11-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm going to start a website soon:

www.getridofkobe.com

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2014, 04:30 PM
I found awful article today suggesting Kobe to Wizards for Nene and Beal. I thought that was funny. Posted it in the Bucks forum in around the league thread. Was just a beat writer suggesting it. More less to get even with MJ.

TS8821
11-13-2014, 04:34 PM
The same thread gets started every week. The only thing that changes is the numbers in the W-L column. Until Kobe comes out and says "trade me" he won't be getting traded. I don't believe any team that has the cap space would intrigue him enough to agree to a trade, and the ones that do would be killing chemistry with a team this late in his me first career. The only team that makes sense to me anymore is the pacers, and even that is too far fetched to gain any type of momentum in a rumor. Maybe I'm wrong I just don't personally see any situation that makes sense to any party involved.

cmellofan15
11-13-2014, 04:38 PM
He's not going anywhere. He will retire playing for the memory of Dr. Buss. A 6th championship elsewhere is meaningless.

They offered it to him. And he took it. Not sure what you're getting at. Kobe is a money making Jackpot for the Busses. I'm pretty sure the Busses are okay with not winning crap for the next few yrs as they get every little ounce of talent of what's left of that body for their financial reasons.

how you have not been banned yet for trolling is incredible. oh well, more power to you.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-13-2014, 04:38 PM

on really awful efficiency. But, I would expect his body to get a bit stronger throughout the season, even though I don't think he will be league average in scoring efficiency by years end. He just doesn't draw fouls anymore, which will kill him.

His percentage definitely needs to go up, but it's going to be hard for him since he's playing on a d league team. No one at his age has come even close to his numbers tho. So I think he deserves a little credit there.

abe_froman
11-13-2014, 04:39 PM
you wont get a good return for him and everyone would stop watching laker games

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2014, 04:39 PM
never

xxplayerxx23
11-13-2014, 04:44 PM
His percentage definitely needs to go up, but it's going to be hard for him since he's playing on a d league team. No one at his age has come even close to his numbers tho. So I think he deserves a little credit there.

I understand that, kobe can still score but 28 points on 28 shots is something a lot of scorers can do, he has forced a ton of shots. To answer the thread the answer is never

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-13-2014, 04:48 PM

I understand that, kobe can still score but 28 points on 28 shots is something a lot of scorers can do, he has forced a ton of shots. To answer the thread the answer is never

I agree, but how many will be able to do that at his age after blowing out their Achilles ?

Shady66
11-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Who will take his contract?

Seizabmc
11-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Amare for Kobe

nastynice
11-13-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm a big Kobe advocate, I think outside of lakers fans he doesn't get the respect he deserves as far as his career is concerned. However, who in the hell would WANT kobe on their team at this point? The only thing I can think of is another bottom dweller team which just wants to generate some excitement and give the fans something to watch. I can't see any of the contenders wanting him.

Hawkeye15
11-13-2014, 05:06 PM

I think his efficiency will go up some, I figure his body gets a bit stronger as the year goes on. His biggest problem is he can't attack the rim anymore, so it will by 18 footers all night long for Kobe going forward.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-13-2014, 05:09 PM

I think his efficiency will go up some, I figure his body gets a bit stronger as the year goes on. His biggest problem is he can't attack the rim anymore, so it will by 18 footers all night long for Kobe going forward.

I've seen him blow countless layups so far this season. :sigh: it sucks to see him get old. But at least he's doing better than anyone else has in history at this age.

tredigs
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM

Karl Malone was still MVP caliber at his age: putting up 26/10/4 with elite efficiency. Kareem was AllNBA 1st Team and Finals MVP at an older age than Kobe, and was making AS games into his 40's. Both - at an older age - were laughably better than Kobe is right now. Those are the two that popped into my head.

Kobe's putting up big scoring #'s on **** %'s to the detriment of his teams ability to learn how to play with one another and actually win games. He's attempting the same hero ball he did when he was in his prime, but it's killing them. The team clearly sucks (in large part because of him accepting the ultra-max), but this is also clearly the worst path possible to dig them out of the trenches.

Hope he's having fun. -Shrug

nastynice
11-13-2014, 05:15 PM
I think the whole Dwight situation really hurt Kobe's rep as far as wether people want him on their team or not. Kobe just demands too much, no contender is going to be willing rearrage their entire team to fit around Kobe. He's not a plug and play type of player, you gotta build around him, and I don't see why any contender would want to start building from the ground up again for a player so late in his career.

lamzoka
11-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Who will take his contract?

Exactly

everyone keep saying lakers will never trade him, no one will watch laker games. BUT who's gonna take that crazy contract?

xxplayerxx23
11-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I agree, but how many will be able to do that at his age after blowing out their Achilles ?

I can agree with that. It is remarkable he still can score at this age off a serious injury

Sly Guy
11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
lol, this presupposes that his contract actually HAS value......

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Karl Malone was still MVP caliber at his age: putting up 26/10/4 with elite efficiency. Kareem was AllNBA 1st Team and Finals MVP at an older age than Kobe, and was making AS games into his 40's. Both - at an older age - were laughably better than Kobe is right now. Those are the two that popped into my head.

Kobe's putting up big scoring #'s on **** %'s to the detriment of his teams ability to learn how to play with one another and actually win games. He's attempting the same hero ball he did when he was in his prime, but it's killing them. The team clearly sucks (in large part because of him accepting the ultra-max), but this is also clearly the worst path possible to dig them out of the trenches.

Hope he's having fun. -Shrug

Wow I didn't notice how good Malone was at that age. Kareem wasn't that good at that age tho. The front office deserves the blame for these past few years not kobe.

kingsdelez24
11-13-2014, 06:17 PM

Dominique

Hawkeye15
11-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Dominique

thats right, with the Clips.

More-Than-Most
11-13-2014, 06:28 PM
I would have traded him years ago.

SeoulBeatz
They should but they won't

This. It would be the smart thing to do, but the bandwagon L.A fans would never accept a rebuild and Kobe is an icon over there, so they would surely revolt. (Don't worry, I know the real laker fans are down with the tank and hoping to get a high pick this year.)

I think Kobe is going to play for another 2+ seasons and it's just going to postpone the inevitable.

I would love to see him in NYC. Might not make basketball sense but it would be entertaining to see him reunited with Fish and Phil and playing alongside Melo. Knicks could actually use another scorer.

ILLUSIONIST^248

Dominique

He was 34. But close

Ty22Mitchell
11-13-2014, 07:05 PM
This is tough. I think Mitch and Jim are waiting for Nick Young to come back before they jump with both feet into the tanking plan. IMO Mitch should flat out ask Mr. Bryant if he is on board with whatever plan they're pursuing, because the Lakers won't be able to acquire any type of real help this season.

Realistically who or what would LA even get for Mr. Bryant? No one is going to give up a lottery pick and or a young asset for him. The best LA would get is a bunch of role players which would probability push them out of the lottery. I would just keep him until the contract runs out. If anything it shows loyalty to future stars.

LA's post Dwight plan has been; 1: Kevin Durrant, 2: Kevin Durrant and 3: Kevin Durrant. Mr Bryant is being paid to sell tickets at this point. When he announces his retirement, they are going to make a killing on his farewell tour.

Slug3
11-13-2014, 07:06 PM
I still think Kobe could bring value to a franchise if traded, just his name alone could do that and then throw in the "what if's" scenario's and he would bring value.

I just don't think Kobe would agree to be traded.

PurpleLynch
11-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Absolutely no. It's not even a possibility,what team would take his huge contract?Plus he's still a big attraction in a big market,so Lakers have no reasons for trading him.

Seizabmc
11-13-2014, 08:18 PM
I think Kobe could help Phil and fisher teach the knicks how to play winning basketball.
I think his experience alone would benifit the knicks and give them that leader that they so desperatly need.
Not to mention that he would also be another scoring threat on the floor .
I wouldn't mind trading amare for Kobe.
The lakers benifit because amares contract comes off the books at the end of the season and the knicks will benifit because they get to put a leader next to melo someone who already knows the triangle and plus Kobe gets to reunite with Phil and fisher plus buddy up with melo.
Than when Kobe comes off the books make a run at kd.

LakeShowRaider
11-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Stop beating a dead horse people! He already said he's willing to play through the bad and that's what he's going to do! Kobe isn't going down the path of Pierce, Garnett, Malone, etc.

Get the ****** over it!

numba1CHANGsta
11-13-2014, 08:38 PM
The Lakers can be 1-81 and still won't trade Kobe, stfu with these trading Kobe threads

savvy1803
11-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Stop beating a dead horse people! He already said he's willing to play through the bad and that's what he's going to do! Kobe isn't going down the path of Pierce, Garnett, Malone, etc.

Get the ****** over it!

This .

savvy1803
11-13-2014, 08:44 PM
The Lakers can be 1-81 and still won't trade Kobe, stfu with these trading Kobe threads

As well as this .

zn23
11-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Who would want him?

I can only think of bottom feeder teams who want to increase their revenue. But the contenders probably don't want him.

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2014, 09:42 PM
He's leading the league in scoring chucking at a career low 39% from the field. Chucking at 32% from 3 pt range.

The Lakers are 1-7.

Is it time to trade him NOW while the Lakers can still get value for him and get rid of that God awful contract?

Thoughts.Dude, what is your deal? Kobe is *not* the problem.

dhopisthename
11-13-2014, 09:42 PM
what teams even COULD trade for him? matching a 23 million dollar salary would be very hard

jerellh528
11-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Wow I didn't notice how good Malone was at that age. Kareem wasn't that good at that age tho. The front office deserves the blame for these past few years not kobe.

It's less about age and more so about minutes. Nobody has performed at this level with having played kobes mins. Also people keep giving kobe grief about his low fg%, but he's not the only one struggling. He is the only one of his age and coming off a huge injury playing the first ball in almost 2 yrs though. some notable struggling players...
Lebron: 24.8 points on 43.6 % and over 4 turnovers a game
Harden: 25 points on 38%
Carmelo: 21 points on 41%
Love: 19 points on 39%
But noooo, let's all bash kobe about his %.

bleedprple&gold
11-14-2014, 03:26 AM

Just wait til next week when the Lakers are 1-11 and we get another thread about trading Kobe.

PowerHouse
11-14-2014, 04:08 AM
Lakers couldnt trade him even if they wanted to, he has a no-trade clause. Even if the opportunity to go to a contender presents itself and even though Kobe has always wanted to win, it seems like this is a different Kobe. This Kobe is placing loyalty and cementing his legacy (by staying with one franchise) not above winning another ring but right there next to it. He played with a guy named Karl Malone who played 18 years with one franchise and then left to play one year with the Lakers just trying to chase after a ring, Kobe saw that and doesnt want to be that.

SF8
11-14-2014, 06:00 AM
Nobody wants his contract plus he has a no trade clause in his deal.

/thread

Munkeysuit
11-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Trade Kobe for who? that should be the real question here.

True Rocket
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Lol this thread is funny. Any basketball fan who actually watches games knew the Lakers would be nowhere near the playoffs just like last year. They just don't have enough. Kobe is a warrior and is going to fight every night, zero chance he goes anywhere.

tredigs
11-14-2014, 06:41 PM
It's less about age and more so about minutes. Nobody has performed at this level with having played kobes mins. Also people keep giving kobe grief about his low fg%, but he's not the only one struggling. He is the only one of his age and coming off a huge injury playing the first ball in almost 2 yrs though. some notable struggling players...
Lebron: 24.8 points on 43.6 % and over 4 turnovers a game
Harden: 25 points on 38%
Carmelo: 21 points on 41%
Love: 19 points on 39%
But noooo, let's all bash kobe about his %.

Aside from the silliness of strictly looking at FG% like this is 2001 and people don't know better, there were no less than 20 Kobe threads on the main page of the PSD NBA forum a week before the season started. It surprises you that people are calling out his struggles?

jerellh528
11-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Aside from the silliness of strictly looking at FG% like this is 2001 and people don't know better, there were no less than 20 Kobe threads on the main page of the PSD NBA forum a week before the season started. It surprises you that people are calling out his struggles?

It surprises me that they're calling out the 36 yr old coming off major surgery and not the prime guys. They get a free pass because psd hates kobe. Oh you mean there's more to a player than his fg%? That's news to me.

Sanjay
11-14-2014, 06:57 PM
The Lakers will never trade Kobe. The 'lifetime recognition' contract was tough as Bryant cannot win a championship on his own anymore. I guess the Lakers will have to wait until Kobe retires and then try and sign Westbrook and Love.

Tony_Starks
11-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Didn't the psd majority say he would average like 19 points this year?

Ok.

tredigs
11-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Didn't the psd majority say he would average like 19 points this year?

Ok.

I'm guessing they didn't expect him to sabotage what little offensive potential they had and take 25 shots a night.

TheIlladelph16
11-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Why would you trade your biggest money maker when, in all likelihood, the Lakers are going to be pretty bad for the foreseeable future? They will likely be pretty bad regardless of Kobe's Bryant's presence on the court vs. the current squad and players that would hypothetically replace him. There's no real value in trading him at this point. Maybe next year when its an expiring deal, but still wouldn't seem worth it to me losing arguably the best Laker ever.

For better or worse, the Lakers are all in on Kobe at this point until he retires. They aren't going to trade him.

bleedprple&gold
11-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Why would you trade your biggest money maker when, in all likelihood, the Lakers are going to be pretty bad for the foreseeable future? They will likely be pretty bad regardless of Kobe's Bryant's presence on the court vs. the current squad and players that would hypothetically replace him. There's no real value in trading him at this point. Maybe next year when its an expiring deal, but still wouldn't seem worth it to me losing arguably the best Laker ever.

For better or worse, the Lakers are all in on Kobe at this point until he retires. They aren't going to trade him.

This. Kobe is not going anywhere unless he demands to be traded and it sounds like he's willing to stick it out (at least for now). He's more valuable to the Lakers than he is to any other franchise so nobody is going to be willing to pay for him what he is worth to the Lakers. And if there were to trade him I don't think they can get much back other than bad contracts.

Tony_Starks
11-14-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm guessing they didn't expect him to sabotage what little offensive potential they had and take 25 shots a night.

You're right Kobe is completely killing Jeremy Lin, Wesley Johnson, and Jordan Hills offensive potential. What a ballhog!

jerellh528
11-14-2014, 09:42 PM
You're right Kobe is completely killing Jeremy Lin, Wesley Johnson, and Jordan Hills offensive potential. What a ballhog!

:laugh2:

WaDe03
11-15-2014, 01:25 AM

Get the ****** over it!

What 6 letter cuss word did you use there?

Teeboy1487
11-15-2014, 01:46 AM
You're right Kobe is completely killing Jeremy Lin, Wesley Johnson, and Jordan Hills offensive potential. What a ballhog!:clap:

cmellofan15
11-15-2014, 01:54 AM
What 6 letter cuss word did you use there?

only thing i can thing of would be a derogatory word for gay. bur it wouldn't make much sense. but neither does this troll thread so i guess it kinda fits.

Iron24th
11-15-2014, 02:36 AM
1-8! :win:

*Silver&Black*
11-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Trading Kobe doesn't help the Lakers, only Kobe if traded to a contender. Lakers are already getting a top draft selection with Kobe on the team, so no need to trade him for a tank, and there isn't anybody out there that you can get for Kobe that will improve your team right now. Just enjoy watching the rest of Kobe's Laker career.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-15-2014, 03:38 AM
Who would even want him the way he is playing with that contract?

Raps08-09 Champ
11-15-2014, 03:40 AM

Has a player at that age even been given 25 FGA per game?

A lot of other players could have achieved that with that many shots.

bleedprple&gold
11-15-2014, 05:28 AM
Trading Kobe doesn't help the Lakers, only Kobe if traded to a contender. Lakers are already getting a top draft selection with Kobe on the team, so no need to trade him for a tank, and there isn't anybody out there that you can get for Kobe that will improve your team right now. Just enjoy watching the rest of Kobe's Laker career.

Trading Kobe wouldn't be for help now. It would be for for draft picks to help in the future otherwise no point in trading him.

Kyben36
11-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Kobe is retiring a Laker, and the only team dumb enough to take him and that contract are the Knicks.

naps
11-15-2014, 06:21 AM

Nope. No player was stupid enough to take 25 shots a game at his age. I am sure a lot of 50 year old retired nba stars could still do it if they wanted to. Get real.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-15-2014, 08:35 AM
The lakers suck sooooo bad. What a terrible way for kobe to end his career. Damn I miss you dr buss.

JasonJohnHorn
11-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Allen Iverson lead the league in scoring with 35% and people we all over his nuts. And that was one of his best seasons!

FriedTofuz
11-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Kobe is retiring a Laker, and the only team dumb enough to take him and that contract are the Knicks.

Lol the only team stupid enough to take kobe would be the knicks? hahahaha
It makes more sense to make a " the knicks are 2-8, NOW do you trade Melo?"
Someone make it. cus if I do it, ill get called out for trolling even though it's a legitimate question because the knicks are better off rebuilding and tanking for a draft pick, no one is going to sign on a losing team.

ChicagoFan4Eva
11-15-2014, 02:07 PM
But Melo promised a championship.. Thats why he said no to the bulls remember?

tredigs
11-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Allen Iverson lead the league in scoring with 35% and people we all over his nuts. And that was one of his best seasons!

False.

bleedprple&gold
11-15-2014, 02:38 PM

If the Knicks were a good team I could see then maybe trading for Kobe to get then over the hump, but since they are awful the only thing trading for Kobe will do is get them a worse pick and probably still no playoffs.

KMackSackAttack
11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Lakers will never trade kobe unless he asks them to which won't happen! Done deal

FriedTofuz
11-15-2014, 06:19 PM
no

FlashBolt
11-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah.. Let's trade Kobe Bryant. The guy who has made Lakers irrelevant the past decade and the guy who continues generating an enormous amount of money for them. Sorry, Kobe is untouchable. He's like LeBron.. It doesn't matter how bad they are. Their status in the league is enough to warrant their position.

KnicksorBust
11-15-2014, 07:21 PM
I actually don't understand why this thread is open and the Melo thread got closed. Both are far-fetched but at least it's a hell of a lot easier to trade Melo right now.

Sactown
11-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Honestly find a team that makes sense for the Lakers and Kobe will be difficult.. he has a no trade clause so you can't send him anywhere.. not sure there's a situation in the league that can supply a good spot for Kobe and being able to Give up something valuable AND can take the cap hit...

Shlumpledink
11-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Derp. It isn't about winning every years ladies and gentlemen. Sometimes to win you have to go through losing, and the Lakers have to. They aren't going to win with whoever they could trade for Kobe if they could theoretically trade Kobe.

Kobe isn't going to be traded, the team will only lose money if they get rid of Kobe. Losing and playing with Kobe isn't going to break this team. Losing for 2 or 3 years is not going to break the team.

Hopefully some of the bandwagon for the Lakers will disappear.

smith&wesson
11-15-2014, 11:51 PM
I would love, love, love to see kobe in a spurs or bulls uniform..

smith&wesson
11-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Honestly find a team that makes sense for the Lakers and Kobe will be difficult.. he has a no trade clause so you can't send him anywhere.. not sure there's a situation in the league that can supply a good spot for Kobe and being able to Give up something valuable AND can take the cap hit...

Amare is a huge expiring contract, he + fillers could do the trick if Kobe agreed to it. Maybe Phill being in newyork could sway him who knows. If the lakers are looking to rebuild it would be wise to take on future picks and expiring contracts.

FriedTofuz
11-16-2014, 12:19 AM
The lakers arent trading kobe, why cant we just close this thread?

FlashBolt
11-16-2014, 01:31 AM
Honestly, this thread should be closed. The chances Lakers trade Kobe in what is probably too late to turn the season around, is slim. Nash is retired, Boozer, Lin, Hill.. I mean, who the hell can win with this squad and turn them into a playoff team? LeBron, and KD are probably the only two players.. and they aren't coming to LAL. Let's just face it. Kobe has a lot on his plate. It's not his fault that Nash can't carry his lunch bag or that his roster is just too young/inexperienced. Kobe is doing the best he can but clearly, at age 36, it's not the same as carrying a team when you're 25.

SoCal Bob
11-16-2014, 03:42 AM
Kobe will retire a laker.