PDA

View Full Version : Why Haven't the Lakers Traded for Brandon Jennings Yet?

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 08:15 PM
He's a Cali guy ( Compton to be specific). He's went out of his way on different occasions to say Kobe is his favorite player ever. SVG is not very impressed with him and has called him out publicly and played with his minutes. AND most importantly he's better than Jeremy Lin.

What in the world are the Lakers waiting for? Osmosis? It's appears to be a simple fix for both teams....

jaydubb
11-12-2014, 08:17 PM
The real questions should be, why haven't the lakers traded for Chris Paul yet... Oh wait..

xxplayerxx23
11-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Lol Lin is average and better then Jennings. You want Kobe and Jennings on the same team are you nuts? I'd love to watch the brawl for the ball on every possession between Jennings and Kobe.

east fb knicks
11-12-2014, 08:25 PM
cuz he sucks :shrug:

abe_froman
11-12-2014, 08:28 PM
because jennings is an idiot.the dude had like one great game 5 years ago and has been living off it ever since.

Bruno
11-12-2014, 08:49 PM
I expected it to happen this year, but he just dropped 16 in the first quarter with two threes and two steals. if SVG can shape him, he won't move him. buy low time might be over very soon. the nash, hill and lin contract all match up by the numbers. question is what else does Stan want?

Jennings is getting 8M this year and 8 next year. if the Lakers want to spend more on that for a PG they would have given Bledsoe an offer sheet. jennings might be a good way to lock up the position while saving most of the money/FA hunting for wing help and a basket protector.

SoCal Bob
11-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Jennings is the worst starting point guard in the league.

jimm120
11-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Lakers are losing anyway. Might as well MILK Lin's free publicity.

2-ONE-5
11-12-2014, 09:17 PM
lol bcuz the Lakes have nothing to trade for him

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 09:30 PM
I expected it to happen this year, but he just dropped 16 in the first quarter with two threes and two steals. if SVG can shape him, he won't move him. buy low time might be over very soon. the nash, hill and lin contract all match up by the numbers. question is what else does Stan want?

Jennings is getting 8M this year and 8 next year. if the Lakers want to spend more on that for a PG they would have given Bledsoe an offer sheet. jennings might be a good way to lock up the position while saving most of the money/FA hunting for wing help and a basket protector.

Well they blundered on Bledsoe. Like you said buy low time is right now on Jennings. I'm sure Lin would get it done but if Stan starts benching him again Nash's expiring contract and picks could get it done.

If they're going to do it, it would need to be sooner rather than later though....

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 09:35 PM
*footnote*

Wow I forgot how much hate Jennings gets on psd. Guess he's the new Monta Ellis....

Jamiecballer
11-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Because Jennings is a terrible NBA player and Lin is not

Jamiecballer
11-12-2014, 09:38 PM
At his current career trajectory he will be lucky to get another NBA contract, honestly.

rocket
11-12-2014, 09:43 PM
why is this a thread in the NBA forum?

like is this **** still happening? :laugh: oh man!!!

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 10:00 PM

No offense but this is the typical stat guy answer. If you have watched him and Jeremy Lin each play individually and think Lin is better I would seriously question your basketball evaluating skills....

ManningToTyree
11-12-2014, 10:14 PM

No offense but this is the typical stat guy answer. If you have watched him and Jeremy Lin each play individually and think Lin is better I would seriously question your basketball evaluating skills.... Lin is definitely better

TO Rapz
11-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Lin > Jennings, Jennings is awful. Chucker, high volume, low efficiency.

Jamiecballer
11-12-2014, 11:17 PM
No offense but this is the typical stat guy answer. If you have watched him and Jeremy Lin each play individually and think Lin is better I would seriously question your basketball evaluating skills....
I already know you can't separate talent from actual ability to contribute in a meaningful way. No offense.

Howard_Zinn
11-12-2014, 11:29 PM
He's a Cali guy ( Compton to be specific). He's went out of his way on different occasions to say Kobe is his favorite player ever. SVG is not very impressed with him and has called him out publicly and played with his minutes. AND most importantly he's better than Jeremy Lin.

What in the world are the Lakers waiting for? Osmosis? It's appears to be a simple fix for both teams....

Brandon Jennings has been one of the lone bright spots for the Pistons this year. Go to any Pistons forum across the web and you'll get an idea of how much fan's thoughts on him are changing.. He butted heads with SVG the first 2 games of the season. Since then he's been great.. I hate Josh Smith, I think he is a lost cause.. Jennings is improving under SVG, you can see it every game. I've watched every single minute of the Pistons this year. Drummond has even.been terrible. Monroe and Jennings are the only two consistent players so far.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't even want Detroit to trade Brandon right now.. Most other Detroit fans I've heard are saying the same thing.. He looks better this year.

Howard_Zinn
11-12-2014, 11:33 PM
I would trade Josh Smith for Gerald Wallace though.. in a second.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 11:44 PM
I already know you can't separate talent from actual ability to contribute in a meaningful way. No offense.

Meaningful to who? You? A spreadsheet? Jennings is just flat out better. The best games Lin has are mediocre. He got his starting job taken away by Patrick Beverly. I repeat: Patrick Beverly. Permanently. Lin is a very good backup and Jennings is a good to very good starter.

Howard_Zinn
11-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Meaningful to who? You? A spreadsheet? Jennings is just flat out better. The best games Lin has are mediocre. He got his starting job taken away by Patrick Beverly. Permanently. Lin is a very good backup and Jennings is a good to very good starter.

He isn't "chucking" this year either.. I keep reading it from people and those are the ones you can tell haven't watched him at all this year.. I used to hate Jennings, still don't care for his personality at times -- But I won't hate on a player when you can tell they have been putting in the work and are "buying in" on the court.

koreancabbage
11-12-2014, 11:48 PM

No, if you really watch NBA basketball, Lin is way more steady and better for a team at this point and time. Jennings won't get another serious contract if he continues to play selfishly like he always does. Attitude and actions are gonna spell Jennings out of the NBA. Just like Iverson. Oh wait, you're probably one of those guys who would vouch for Iverson a few years ago.

Phenomenonsense
11-12-2014, 11:49 PM
As a piston fan I hope we go get Lin in the offseason and start him in front of jennings.

koreancabbage
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
On the flip side. If this was a one on one competition, I'd take Jennings. Because he has that style points .

Hell he can't even start on his own team at times or will even be a starter moving forward.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 11:51 PM
He isn't "chucking" this year either.. I keep reading it from people and those are the ones you can tell haven't watched him at all this year.. I used to hate Jennings, still don't care for his personality at times -- But I won't hate on a player when you can tell they have been putting in the work and are "buying in" on the court.

I watch Jennings and he has improved. When he was so called chucking he was on a horrid Bucks squad, what do you expect? It seems like even SVG is cutting him some slack which is my whole initial point of if you want him get him now....

koreancabbage
11-12-2014, 11:56 PM
I watch Jennings and he has improved. When he was so called chucking he was on a horrid Bucks squad, what do you expect? It seems like even SVG is cutting him some slack which is my whole initial point of if you want him get him now....

He is a definitely buy low candidate. But why get him when thet can get him dirt cheap when he becomes a free agent.

Howard_Zinn
11-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Augustine went off the first 2 games and that's what started the Jennings stuff.. Since then Brandon has improved in every area on the court with a PER around 20 and shooting mid 40's from FG% and 3FG%..

Most importantly, he runs the offense well.. His speed is a huge asset too.. Just ask John Wall tonight.. Those two went to war..

Pistons should be looking to move Josh Smith and Kyle Singler (if I ran the team).. Doubt they trade their cost-controlled starting point guard..

Howard_Zinn
11-12-2014, 11:58 PM
He is a definitely buy low candidate. But why get him when thet can get him dirt cheap when he becomes a free agent.

He's signed this year and next..

koreancabbage
11-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Augustine went off the first 2 games and that's what started the Jennings stuff.. Since then Brandon has improved in every are on the court with a PER around 20 and shooting mid 40's from FG% and 3FG%..

Most importantly, he runs the offense well.. His speed is a huge asset too.. Just ask John Wall tonight.. Those two went to war..

Pretty much. Jennings hasn't really been chaLlenged for his starting spot. Good for him on improving.

Lakers have no assets to move.

koreancabbage
11-12-2014, 11:59 PM
He's signed this year and next..

Still a likely cheap FA in two years if he doesn't improve and become steady over a course of a season and seeing some growth in him(maturity)

Howard_Zinn
11-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Pretty much. Jennings hasn't really been chaLlenged for his starting spot. Good for him on improving.

Lakers have no assets to move.
Good point on being challenged.. Never thought that might be why he is playing so hard.. You could be right..

Jamiecballer
11-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Meaningful to who? You? A spreadsheet? Jennings is just flat out better. The best games Lin has are mediocre. He got his starting job taken away by Patrick Beverly. I repeat: Patrick Beverly. Permanently. Lin is a very good backup and Jennings is a good to very good starter.
You've got to be kidding. NBA isn't streetball. There are no points for style, only substance. You don't need a spreadsheet to know that a selfish point guard who thinks he's the focal point of every offense he's been a part of (despite brutal inefficiency) is having a negative impact on winning most nights. Just common sense and a modest amount of basketball history tells you that.

Tony_Starks
11-13-2014, 05:16 AM
You've got to be kidding. NBA isn't streetball. There are no points for style, only substance. You don't need a spreadsheet to know that a selfish point guard who thinks he's the focal point of every offense he's been a part of (despite brutal inefficiency) is having a negative impact on winning most nights. Just common sense and a modest amount of basketball history tells you that.

Watch him play dude. Like a whole game. Multiple people that actually watch him have already made valid points.

IndyRealist
11-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Small sample size. Seems premature to proclaim he's a changed man after a handful of games.

Chronz
11-13-2014, 11:27 AM
As a Clippers fan who "watches" the games, I hope the Lakers get him.

curtcocaine
11-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Josh smith for David Lee lol

Jamiecballer
11-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Watch him play dude. Like a whole game. Multiple people that actually watch him have already made valid points.

really? who is that? the 3 piston fans in this thread? c'mon dude. that should be your first clue.

Blink
11-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Josh smith for David Lee lol

In a heartbeat.

I can't stand Josh Smith

curtcocaine
11-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Jk jk never lol. Smith I just an over rated player

TheNumber37
11-13-2014, 01:45 PM
They should signed Isiah Thomas

kduce
11-13-2014, 02:47 PM
really? who is that? the 3 piston fans in this thread? c'mon dude. that should be your first clue.

There is obviously no changing your mind, but I would recommend that you watch a game. There are a few Pistons fans in this thread because the team is still stuggling and it gets annoying when some fan of a winning team just rips on us and then says "we should trade to get their player for.... insert garbage" lol. I know that is now what you are doing as you think Jennings sucks, but let be real as to why there are not many Pistons fans in this thread and not just say its because Jennings sucks.

Josh Smith is the primary reason there are not many Pistons fans if you want to blame it on a specific player. Even Dre has been un-dre-like so far this season.

Great points on why Jennings may actually improve. Trust in SVG because he has never given a reason not to trust in him in his career so far... if that changes and we are still bad 15 games from now then we can talk about shipping out pieces.

kduce
11-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Still a likely cheap FA in two years if he doesn't improve and become steady over a course of a season and seeing some growth in him(maturity)

True. But, wouldnt that defeat the purpose of getting him to begin with if he sucks? The idea is to buy low... signing him when no one else wants him would be buying even lower lol.

Jamiecballer
11-13-2014, 03:02 PM
There is obviously no changing your mind, but I would recommend that you watch a game. There are a few Pistons fans in this thread because the team is still stuggling and it gets annoying when some fan of a winning team just rips on us and then says "we should trade to get their player for.... insert garbage" lol. I know that is now what you are doing as you think Jennings sucks, but let be real as to why there are not many Pistons fans in this thread and not just say its because Jennings sucks.

Josh Smith is the primary reason there are not many Pistons fans if you want to blame it on a specific player. Even Dre has been un-dre-like so far this season.

Great points on why Jennings may actually improve. Trust in SVG because he has never given a reason not to trust in him in his career so far... if that changes and we are still bad 15 games from now then we can talk about shipping out pieces.
Josh Smith is a ******. Agreed. And i have a ton of respect for Stan Van Gundy as a coach, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he turned Jennings into a decent player. There is definitely talent in that body. But he still has a LONG way to go in his mental game. If he becomes a good player, it won't be because the majority were wrong. He has been a really really bad pro. It will be because the light finally came on.

If you think you are seeing signs of him getting it, great. But when i hear people say things like "he only chucked because his teams in milwaukee sucked!", i have to laugh. y'know who else would have said that? Brandon Jennings!! And that's precisely why he's never got "it".

Tony_Starks
11-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Bottom line it's not that Jennings is great but he's better than Lin. If you are seriously under the impression that Lin is a better starting pg then I just respectfully disagree. Lin plays Harden defense, can't finish once he gets in the paint, and is a inconsistent/ indecisive shooter. I've never seen a player that has to constantly be told publicly by the coach to be aggressive. A lot of times you can't even tell that he's on the floor.

The things you dislike about Jennings are exactly what the Lakers need. A pg that isn't afraid to get some shots up and take pressure off the other guys....

kduce
11-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Josh Smith is a ******. Agreed. And i have a ton of respect for Stan Van Gundy as a coach, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he turned Jennings into a decent player. There is definitely talent in that body. But he still has a LONG way to go in his mental game. If he becomes a good player, it won't be because the majority were wrong. He has been a really really bad pro. It will be because the light finally came on.

If you think you are seeing signs of him getting it, great. But when i hear people say things like "he only chucked because his teams in milwaukee sucked!", i have to laugh. y'know who else would have said that? Brandon Jennings!! And that's precisely why he's never got "it".

I can dig that. I think If Jennings played for any other team I would probably not have any hope for him still, but you know how it goes when you see a guy every night and his potential. He has been better the last few games... I dunno if he is scared of losing his spot to DJ who has played some really good games or if its SVG's coaching getting through to him but I am praying that he keeps it up. 32 points and 10 assists last night... we could use that for sure AND he didnt even play for more than half of the 4th quarter. (wanted to kill SVG for that... i trust in him but between Josh getting all those minutes and then this I lashed out at him at the tv for the first time this year lol. Hopefully there wont be much of that moving forward... its been a tough few years for us Pistons fans... all 6 of us left haha.

Jamiecballer
11-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I can dig that. I think If Jennings played for any other team I would probably not have any hope for him still, but you know how it goes when you see a guy every night and his potential. He has been better the last few games... I dunno if he is scared of losing his spot to DJ who has played some really good games or if its SVG's coaching getting through to him but I am praying that he keeps it up. 32 points and 10 assists last night... we could use that for sure AND he didnt even play for more than half of the 4th quarter. (wanted to kill SVG for that... i trust in him but between Josh getting all those minutes and then this I lashed out at him at the tv for the first time this year lol. Hopefully there wont be much of that moving forward... its been a tough few years for us Pistons fans... all 6 of us left haha.

hey maybe the light is coming on, you never know. some guys just need a hard *** who will give them tough love to put them in their place and remind them that they aren't hot ****. SVG is probably the ideal guy. it is encouraging to see the shots per game coming back to something a little more reasonable.

Blitzace137
11-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Bottom line it's not that Jennings is great but he's better than Lin. If you are seriously under the impression that Lin is a better starting pg then I just respectfully disagree. Lin plays Harden defense, can't finish once he gets in the paint, and is a inconsistent/ indecisive shooter. I've never seen a player that has to constantly be told publicly by the coach to be aggressive. A lot of times you can't even tell that he's on the floor.

The things you dislike about Jennings are exactly what the Lakers need. A pg that isn't afraid to get some shots up and take pressure off the other guys....

That's factually wrong, Lin finished at the rim if you look at last years stats, he finished around 46% of his shots at the rim one of the highest in the NBA last season. I do agree at times he needs to be more aggressive but Lin is the better player no question unless your talking about street ball. Lin is not the problem outside of Kobe, Lin, Hill everyone on your team sucks.

Howard_Zinn
11-13-2014, 06:34 PM

Jennings speed is what impresses me. Let's hope he keeps playing well.

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2014, 11:14 PM

What in the world are the Lakers waiting for? Osmosis? It's appears to be a simple fix for both teams....I traded for him on the video game, bye-bye Lin. I do think Detroit will move him. Makes me wonder why they got him in the first place, same with J-Smoove.

kobe4thewinbang
11-13-2014, 11:15 PM
*footnote*

Wow I forgot how much hate Jennings gets on psd. Guess he's the new Monta Ellis....Someone's gotta be, since Ellis is ballin' with the Mavs.

SF8
11-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Lakers have no trade assets except for Julius Randle who already has a broken leg.

Munkeysuit
11-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Because they'll acquire Rondo next season...

koreancabbage
11-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Jennings is talented as an NBA player can get. but that doesn't mean he's a good NBA player.

talented player =/= good player

bad habits/ maturity/ selfishness can be attributed to the differences between Lin and Jennings and thats why Lin > Jennings right now. (and plus, Lin is not the problem for LA lol - its the rest of the team + coach that sucks) You got 3 role/bench players starting for the Lakers right now followed by an even poorer role/bench players from the bench. Says it all right there

Tony_Starks
11-14-2014, 01:14 PM
That's factually wrong, Lin finished at the rim if you look at last years stats, he finished around 46% of his shots at the rim one of the highest in the NBA last season. I do agree at times he needs to be more aggressive but Lin is the better player no question unless your talking about street ball. Lin is not the problem outside of Kobe, Lin, Hill everyone on your team sucks.

This is a perfect example of when stats don't tell the entire story. When Lin gets in the paint and actually shoots of course he is accurate. But does that stat tell you how many times he gets in the paint and is completely lost? Or turns it over? Or proceeds to dribble all the way back to the 3 point line for no particular reason?

I agree my team is bad and it's not Lins fault but he's in the last year of his contract and needs to be traded while he still has some value.

kduce
11-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Jennings speed is what impresses me. Let's hope he keeps playing well.

I agree man. I wish he could finish a little better at the rim, but that may come. The thing about Smoove and Jennings and Drummond... growing up they has natural talent that carried them and made them great. This is the first time they truly have to work hard because talent alone wont get them there. SVG isn't going anywhere and he is pushing them and FORCING THEM to step it up and get better and this might be the first time in their careers they have had to do this. (especially how young they are)

Sorry, I know I kind of got off topic with this thread a bit. I figure my comments are directly related to Jennings tho so that should make it ok. At the end of the day, I wouldnt want to give up Jennings for Lin. Maybe I'm crazy for it, but I guess we will see.

Lil Boy Blue
11-14-2014, 04:06 PM
how about a three team trade: Lakers, Pistons, and Thunder
Lakers give: Lin and Houston 1st
Lakers get: Jennings and PJ3

Pistons give: Jennings and JSmoove
Pistons get: Lin, Perkins and Houston 1st

Thunder give: Perkins and PJ3
Thunder get: JSmoove

Why Lakers do it: Lakers get Jennings who has virtually done everything in his power to say "I wanna be a Laker!" without actually saying it and IMO he is an upgrade over Lin, I think Kobe will keep him from getting out of control. Lakers also get a decent SF which we are extremely weak at. In addition both have 2 year deals so the Lakers still have flexibility come 2016 free agency.

Why Pistons do it: Pistons get rid of Jennings who as stated above seems to want to be a Laker and get a by some standards "upgrade" in Lin. They also unload Smith who is very disappointing to the Pistons. They get another 1st rd pick which they seem to do fairly well in selections. They also get Perkins who is a valid 2nd string option behind Drummond. Most importantly Lin and Perkins both have expiring contracts. They will have about 30mil coming off the books this summer to splurge on FAs like Rondo, Dragic, Shumpert, or resign Monroe. They would likely have about 30 to 40mil to spend.

Why Thunder do it: Smith is extremely athletic and can play the PF position. Move Ibaka to the C and you have an extremely athletic starting 5. Westbrook/Lamb/Durant/Smith/Ibaka this team can out-run any team and can defend. Also their 2nd string is fair: Jackson/Roberson/Morrow/Collison/Adams

Bruno
11-14-2014, 04:33 PM

Why Lakers do it: Lakers get Jennings who has virtually done everything in his power to say "I wanna be a Laker!" without actually saying it and IMO he is an upgrade over Lin, I think Kobe will keep him from getting out of control. Lakers also get a decent SF which we are extremely weak at. In addition both have 2 year deals so the Lakers still have flexibility come 2016 free agency.

Why Pistons do it: Pistons get rid of Jennings who as stated above seems to want to be a Laker and get a by some standards "upgrade" in Lin. They also unload Smith who is very disappointing to the Pistons. They get another 1st rd pick which they seem to do fairly well in selections. They also get Perkins who is a valid 2nd string option behind Drummond. Most importantly Lin and Perkins both have expiring contracts. They will have about 30mil coming off the books this summer to splurge on FAs like Rondo, Dragic, Shumpert, or resign Monroe. They would likely have about 30 to 40mil to spend.

Why Thunder do it: Smith is extremely athletic and can play the PF position. Move Ibaka to the C and you have an extremely athletic starting 5. Westbrook/Lamb/Durant/Smith/Ibaka this team can out-run any team and can defend. Also their 2nd string is fair: Jackson/Roberson/Morrow/Collison/Adams

Perry Jones III would really help the Lakers right now.

but LAL is going to suck no matter what, we're on pace to have the worst defensive rating in NBA history. i'd still love to get a young player like Jones III though. for the future.

did you put this through the trade machine?

Gibby23
11-14-2014, 04:35 PM

Thunder didn't want to pay Harden, they are not taking on Smith's contract for the 3 or 4 years it has left.

Bruno
11-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Thunder didn't want to pay Harden, they are not taking on Smith's contract for the 3 or 4 years it has left.

3 years left, 14 a season.

we know they don't want to spend money, but if they feel like they might lose KD, they might just own up to past mistakes and spend. I'm not betting on it but its possible.

kduce
11-14-2014, 04:48 PM

I really don't want us to move Jennings, but I would probably go ahead and do it just to move J Smoove lol. There is no guarantee Monroe stays so it would be scary to do this without knowing his plan, but It can't hurt that's for sure. That pick would be nice and Augustine can run the point for us this year. Getting Rondo and trying to hunt down an athletic 3 to add to this team would do wonders for us. Too bad it will never happen, Stan doesn't seem to want to give up Smoove for expiring deals so I KNOW he wouldnt move him and Jennings for them.

Lil Boy Blue
11-14-2014, 07:18 PM
did you put this through the trade machine?

Yes

chitownredbulls
11-14-2014, 08:22 PM

You are delusional......Beverly started over Lin because they have Harden...Someone who demands and needs the ball at all times....It was just a better fit and made more sense to start Beverly due to his defense....Replace Lin with Jennings on that Houston team and you would probably have the same thing happen.....Beverly would start over Jennings too......Hands down, Lin is a better "team" player...

Howard_Zinn
11-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Jennings continues to impress.. 25 per so far.

slashsnake
11-15-2014, 03:26 PM
You are delusional......Beverly started over Lin because they have Harden...Someone who demands and needs the ball at all times....It was just a better fit and made more sense to start Beverly due to his defense....Replace Lin with Jennings on that Houston team and you would probably have the same thing happen.....Beverly would start over Jennings too......Hands down, Lin is a better "team" player...

You are obviously completely excluding anything that remotely has to do with defense correct???

And it wasn't just losing the job. So what. Harden didn't start in OKC because Westbrook was there and Sefalosha played better D too.

But when it came down to the wire, Harden and Westbrook were out there together. A LOT of the time when it came down to those moments Lin was on the bench and Beverly was the one on the court.

albertajaysfan
11-15-2014, 03:30 PM
They should signed Isiah Thomas

He retired awhile ago and is in the hall of fame ;)

Isaiah Thomas mind you has proven he can score but his ability to play winning basketball is still in question. I guess that he would have fit right in with this year's Laker team.

Chronz
11-15-2014, 03:31 PM
This is a perfect example of when stats don't tell the entire story. When Lin gets in the paint and actually shoots of course he is accurate. But does that stat tell you how many times he gets in the paint and is completely lost? Or turns it over? Or proceeds to dribble all the way back to the 3 point line for no particular reason?

I agree my team is bad and it's not Lins fault but he's in the last year of his contract and needs to be traded while he still has some value.

Huh? What do you mean of course? You act like its a given quality among players and not a specialized trait. Cant believe Im explaining this but he doesn't retreat to the 3pt line for no reason, he does it to probe and bend the defense, its what good attack guards do in early offense situations. Not sure you're acting like turnovers aren't tracked but the overall efficiency is what matters most. And when Lin does miss in the lane, they can often lead to offensive rebounds because he has penetrated the defense.

Whats funny is I think the trade might help LA but I think it would help Detroit alot more. Their bigs need someone who can penetrate the defense, open up offensive rebounding opportunities for Drummond and act as an outlet on catch and shoot opportunities, and Lin was among the league leaders in catch and shoot PTS IIRC last year. Hes not great at it, but he hits enough over the season to be a plus on that end.

That said, Jennings has never looked better than he has the past few games. SVG is really force feeding Drummond but it hasn't influenced BJ's game.

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Itd be fun watching him and Kobe shoot 10/45 nightly.

GunFactor187
11-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Tbh, I'm not so sure I want Jennings to be traded now lol. He's buying into what SVG is selling in his system, while starting to make smarter decisions, still has the swagger but he's not as brash as he was.

Smith on the other hand though, by all means get rid of him please, haha. :laugh2: