PDA

View Full Version : Talented RolePlayer Monster Dunks on SuperScrub... Drake Goes Crazy!

DemarDerozan
11-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Seriously... This is what the NBA is coming to...
I like the Raps all right.
But when James Johnson is throwing dunks down on a BYU second tier scrub. And it makes headlines... Well that's pretty low.
Sheed was right the NBA is becoming the WWE. Washed up celebrities (Drake) and all.

The Sixers are really this bad... And with KD injured, PG out for the count, and LBJ loosing his footing... the league really is slipping.

http://deadspin.com/ridiculously-dressed-drake-pleased-by-monster-james-joh-1656681516

DubbyDubbs
11-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Cool story. It was a good looking dunk regardless of a talented player or not. Dunking on a tall human being (or any siZe human being) is tough. Besides I don't see anyone making it a big deal (except maybe you by creating a thread). Nba voted it as play of the night but perhaps there wasn't a better one? It's not like it's going down as dunk of the year... Not even dunk of the young raptors season.

DemarDerozan
11-11-2014, 12:35 AM
Cool story. It was a good looking dunk regardless of a talented player or not. Dunking on a tall human being (or any siZe human being) is tough. Besides I don't see anyone making it a big deal (except maybe you by creating a thread). Nba voted it as play of the night but perhaps there wasn't a better one? It's not like it's going down as dunk of the year... Not even dunk of the young raptors season.

Gerald Green probably threw down many better dunks in the d-league... Which is where the facialized dude belongs. Or Serbia.

DubbyDubbs
11-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Gerald Green probably threw down many better dunks in the d-league... Which is where the facialized dude belongs. Or Serbia.

Dont get your point.. Gerald green probably did throw down better dunks in the d-league. Gerald green is a great dunker and an nba player for a good nba team... How does that take away from James Johnson's dunk? And who cares about the guy who got dunked on?

DemarDerozan
11-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Dont get your point.. Gerald green probably did throw down better dunks in the d-league. Gerald green is a great dunker and an nba player for a good nba team... How does that take away from James Johnson's dunk? And who cares about the guy who got dunked on?

The dude is an undrafted player out of BYU! I'm not saying I would do any better. But a proven nba player throwing a dunk down on this guy is like watching Randy Couture beat the **** out of a mentally handicapped kid.

NBA fans should not have to pay full price when Philly comes to town because they are watching half an nba team by design.

Unless they want to watch the massacre... Which is fine.

DubbyDubbs
11-11-2014, 12:49 AM
The dude is an undrafted player out of BYU! I'm not saying I would do any better. But a proven nba player throwing a dunk down on this guy is like watching Jon Cena beat the **** out of a ******** kid.

NBA fans should not have to pay full price when Philly comes to town because they are watching half an nba team by design.

Still don't understand what the point of this post is. You're all over the place. Was James johnson supposed to turn around and demand a more polished player get in his way to get dunked on? Does this thread have anything to do with how much money fans should pay to watch their team in Philly? Does It have anythin to do with an entertainment show scripted for tv (wwe) unlike this dunk?

And as for Drake, he is a global ambassador, a big fan of, and friends with the raptors players. For him to be excited because of a nice dunk makes this nothing like the wwe (which I guess has crouds full of "washed up rappers" according to your original post. Idon't know).

Anyways, off to bed lol. Still don't know what this thread is about.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2014, 12:50 AM
It was like a 6 out of 10, but lol that being no named players means you have to take away from the dunk.

Shady66
11-11-2014, 01:22 AM
I hate drake so much. Whenever I watch raptor games I get annoyed cause they show him and talk about him so much

TO Rapz
11-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Most pointless thread and the arguments from OP are worse

0nekhmer
11-11-2014, 01:11 PM
You must get As on essays

Miltstar
11-11-2014, 01:36 PM
I hate drake so much. Whenever I watch raptor games I get annoyed cause they show him and talk about him so much

As a raps fan I really love what Drake has done for the team. He's an unpaid ambassador who does it for the love of the team. He's like our own Spike Lee

Also no one is forcing people to buy tickets to see Philly, at least you know you're gonna see your team win if u do!

NYKnickFanatic
11-11-2014, 01:44 PM
I love Drake. He is going to do great things for the Raptors organization.

LanceUpperCut
11-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Just wondering what you think a average NBA player would of done in that situation. JJ is an athletic big dude giving him the momentum on a two one one and he would dunk on just about anyone, has nothing to do with the guy being a scrub.

LanceUpperCut
11-11-2014, 02:00 PM
And no the NBA is not in a bad spot it's full of young exciting talent hence one of the best drafts in the last 20 years just happened, and yes I know they haven't proved nothing yet.

mike_noodles
11-11-2014, 02:44 PM
I'll say two things. That was a pretty nasty dunk, doesn't matter who it's on. And, who gives a rats *** how Drake reacted to it?

Corey
11-11-2014, 02:45 PM
It was a legit poster dunk.

It would get publicity no matter who did it.

What is the point of this thread?

sixer04fan
11-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Awesome dunk. Who cares who did it and who was dunked on. And why do you care how Drake reacts? I really don't get this thread.

moshy2
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
It was a nice dunk, I don't care who it was on or who did it. Drake reacted? He's a raptors fan at a raptors game where a raptor had a nice dunk. It's not a big deal and would probably be a bigger deal if he didn't react. And if you're smart you don't pay full price to see the Sixers play. Know where to get tickets and they'll be 1/4 of the price.

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Seriously... This is what the NBA is coming to...
I like the Raps all right.
But when James Johnson is throwing dunks down on a BYU second tier scrub. And it makes headlines... Well that's pretty low.
Sheed was right the NBA is becoming the WWE. Washed up celebrities (Drake) and all.

The Sixers are really this bad... And with KD injured, PG out for the count, and LBJ loosing his footing... the league really is slipping.

http://deadspin.com/ridiculously-dressed-drake-pleased-by-monster-james-joh-1656681516

While I think this is a bit of an overreaction of a thread, it is kinda annoying to see Drake and everyone acting like it's the WWE. It was a good poster dunk but ya seriously wtf is this? Could you imagine Drake if it was the 2000 team he'd be wetting his pants.

The NBA does seem to be at weird marketing standpoint right now and as of late, seems desperate and what not, but there are still positives in the NBA right now. For instance, every game in the west matters? Can't remember the last time I've been so invested in the regular season. West is crazy

DubbyDubbs
11-11-2014, 05:10 PM
While I think this is a bit of an overreaction of a thread, it is kinda annoying to see Drake and everyone acting like it's the WWE. It was a nice dunk but ya seriously wtf is this? Could you imagine Drake if it was the 2000 team he'd be wetting his pants.

Maybe I'm out of the loop when it comes to wrestling, but can you explain what the correlation between his reaction and the WWE are? To someone who doesn't watch wrestling, it appears he was just excited like 19000 other people in the arena were and he just happened to be caught on camera doing so.

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Maybe I'm out of the loop when it comes to wrestling, but can you explain what the correlation between his reaction and the WWE are? To someone who doesn't watch wrestling, it appears he was just excited like 19000 other people in the arena were and he just happened to be caught on camera doing so.

Because Drakes a celebrity and he's basically on the court celebrating after a dunk. It just looks cheesy and like they're grasping for a reason to get excited, sort of reaching.

I'm probably over analyzing it as well though. Like the way the crowd/announcer/Drake reacted wasn't how it used to be - ''**** YEA OUR ROLE PLAYER JUST GOT A POSTER TOO!!!" it was "SIT THE **** DOWN OOOOOOOOOO (w.e the guy he dunked on name was)"

as if the dunk was real meaningful.

like i said, probably overanalyzing

DubbyDubbs
11-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Because Drakes a celebrity and he's basically on the court celebrating after a dunk. It just looks cheesy and like they're grasping for a reason to get excited, sort of reaching.

I'm probably over analyzing it as well though. Like the way the crowd/announcer/Drake reacted wasn't how it used to be - ''**** YEA OUR ROLE PLAYER JUST GOT A POSTER TOO!!!" it was "SIT THE **** DOWN OOOOOOOOOO (w.e the guy he dunked on name was)"

as if the dunk was real meaningful.

like i said, probably overanalyzing

Meh maybe. I Donno. The way I see it, drake is a genuine fan of the raptors and got genuinely excited by a decent play. Maybe he overreacted (given the player and score at the time of the dunk) but I doubt he knew he'd be on camera celebrating like an idiot lol. Who knows.. I guess I just didn't see anything wrong with it.

SMH!
11-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Most pointless thread and the arguments from OP are worse

This has to be one of the most pointless threads of all time. Someones mad a celebrity is celebrating?

deaner
11-11-2014, 06:41 PM
The scene in Toronto is one of excitement to finally see some good team basketball even if we don't have any superstars. It was also a little celebration that this team is playing 4 quarters of basketball which is the first time in a very very long time. That was the essence of the celebration. Not that JJ dunked on a Philly player near the end of the blowout game.

Seems the OP is butt hurt. Did he come here for counseling?

DemarDerozan
11-11-2014, 07:03 PM
The scene in Toronto is one of excitement to finally see some good team basketball even if we don't have any superstars. It was also a little celebration that this team is playing 4 quarters of basketball which is the first time in a very very long time. That was the essence of the celebration. Not that JJ dunked on a Philly player near the end of the blowout game.

Seems the OP is butt hurt. Did he come here for counseling?

I used to think Canadians were classy. Guess I was wrong. You guys sound like those cocky Heat *******s from the last few seasons. I guess having a winning team does that to people.

I never once attacked the Raptors or Toronto. Drake is a Douchebag. James Johnson is a garbage time all star. And Philly has the worst team of all time... On purpose.

IMO this is a sad state of affairs that the NBA is in... And the state of the NBA was highlighted by his clip...

Sorry if I offended any of you hosers. It was a nice dunk though. Eh?

But might have been extremely overblown.

deaner
11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I used to think Canadians were classy. Guess I was wrong. You guys sound like those cocky Heat *******s from the last few seasons. I guess having a winning team does that to people.

I never once attacked the Raptors or Toronto. Drake is a Douchebag. James Johnson is a garbage time all star. And Philly has the worst team of all time... On purpose.

IMO this is a sad state of affairs that the NBA is in... And the state of the NBA was highlighted by his clip...

Call the kids helpline... No one here cares

2-ONE-5
11-11-2014, 07:10 PM
The dude is an undrafted player out of BYU! I'm not saying I would do any better. But a proven nba player throwing a dunk down on this guy is like watching Randy Couture beat the **** out of a mentally handicapped kid.

why does it matter that he was undrafted or what school he played for? Davies wasnt good last year but has been fine so far this year all things considered. you just like to take shots at us for whatever reason but i do find it really funny at this point

SeoulBeatz
11-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Nice dunk, but i would like the OP to explain what the point of this thread is...? Good dunk? Lebron is struggling? Sixers suck?

Miltstar
11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
It was pretty much the last play of the game, and Drake is basically on the team. The team was celebrating the blow out and the nasty dunk... I don't see the big deal

Miltstar
11-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Wait your user name is DemarDerozan but you're not a Raptors fan?

BHF
11-11-2014, 07:38 PM

:facepalm: raging teenage hormones. First you hate on Val calling him names because he is European than you hate on Waiters saying **** like we should deport him to Syria because he is Muslim, and now you are hating Canadians?

SeoulBeatz
11-11-2014, 07:41 PM

He could be an LA guy, Demar killed it over there during his HS days.

DemarDerozan
11-11-2014, 09:03 PM
:facepalm: raging teenage hormones. First you hate on Val calling him names because he is European than you hate on Waiters saying **** like we should deport him to Syria because he is Muslim, and now you are hating Canadians?

Wow you really have no life do you? You've been paying pretty close attention to my activity. That's kind of creepy.

Yeah Bro I'm a big time biggot. Val pulled a cheap shot and deserved to be criticized. And yes Waiters is a disgrace to his country and his religion (which really doesn't need any more negative attention). I made a joke about Canadians being historically classy... Damn.

And yes I have been a DD fan since he was at USC. I like the Raps all right but that doesn't mean I can't be critical of them.

I don't need lessons from you on morality.

I could easily take you defending Val's actions and call you uncivilized... I could also call you a sympathizer for defending Waiters dumbass... I try not to be irrational. But here we are, this forum has gone way downhill.

DemarDerozan
11-11-2014, 09:09 PM
The point of the thread was to capture a few things:

The Raptors biggest cheer leader is an idiot.

Philly is terrible and is showcasing semi-pro talent.

It was a nice dunk... But does not deserve the attention of a real NBA dunk under the circumstances.

Close this ****ing read. I guess no one can grasp what I was trying to say... Or they are too butthurt about the Sixers losing or defensive because the Raps actually might have a good year. Sorry Toronto that the league has beat up your team through terrible one sided calls over the years... Now calm the **** down.

Miltstar
11-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Now calm the **** down.

take your own advice maybe? You seem more riled up than anyone

BHF
11-11-2014, 09:26 PM
take your own advice maybe? You seem more riled up than anyone

lol

deaner
11-11-2014, 09:29 PM
It really doesn't matter what your musical tastes are. To call drake an idiot shows your lack of perception of the big picture.

Drake is directly responsible for the renewed energy of raptor fans. The building is electric and we shut a street down outside the arena for overflow fans. There is a buzz about basketball in Canada that happened before we started winning. Drake inspired fans that in turn inspired players.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Drake really comes into play in free agency. It doesn't matter that you don't like his flow, or had a poster of him while on DeGrassi.

SeoulBeatz
11-11-2014, 09:30 PM
The point of the thread was to capture a few things:

The Raptors biggest cheer leader is an idiot.

Philly is terrible and is showcasing semi-pro talent.

It was a nice dunk... But does not deserve the attention of a real NBA dunk under the circumstances.

Close this ****ing read. I guess no one can grasp what I was trying to say... Or they are too butthurt about the Sixers losing or defensive because the Raps actually might have a good year. Sorry Toronto that the league has beat up your team through terrible one sided calls over the years... Now calm the **** down.

k

2-ONE-5
11-11-2014, 11:24 PM

lol i was thinning the same

mike_noodles
11-11-2014, 11:29 PM
It really doesn't matter what your musical tastes are. To call drake an idiot shows your lack of perception of the big picture.

Drake is directly responsible for the renewed energy of raptor fans. The building is electric and we shut a street down outside the arena for overflow fans. There is a buzz about basketball in Canada that happened before we started winning. Drake inspired fans that in turn inspired players.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Drake really comes into play in free agency. It doesn't matter that you don't like his flow, or had a poster of him while on DeGrassi.

:laugh:

Only a Canadian would say that.

Edit: And the OP called you a hoser eh? Did ya see that, lol.

mjt20mik
11-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Why is this even a thread?

albertajaysfan
11-12-2014, 04:15 PM

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

And for the record people who are mentally handicapped are generally insanely strong.