PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Best Record at Season's End?

Cavalife
11-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Of these teams, who has the best chance at holding the overall NBA best record at the end of the regular season?

SportsFanatic10
11-10-2014, 01:28 PM
i think it might actually be golden state this season. provided bogut and curry can stay healthy.

KnicksorBust
11-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I just find it funny that Memphis isn't even an option.

curtcocaine
11-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Homer vote.

curtcocaine
11-10-2014, 02:00 PM
All you guest sign up and vote, Its real simple and quick. We'd truly enjoy your insight.

albertajaysfan
11-10-2014, 02:22 PM
i think it might actually be golden state this season. provided bogut and curry can stay healthy.

Agreed. Although they need to get those turnovers under control. 27 in one game is ridiculous.

ThuglifeJ
11-10-2014, 03:29 PM

They're only 6-1.

Dade County
11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I say the Cav's

If Pat can pull off a trade, then I would go with the HEAT.

I would have chosen the bulls, but they are one starting pg away from being true contenders.

JordansBulls
11-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Too difficult to say at the moment, Would have thought SA, OKC, CLE and CHI before the season. Now you have other emergers in GS, HOU, MIA, MEMPHIS, so really it is anyone's game now. Won't know more till around ASB.

lamzoka
11-10-2014, 05:42 PM
East:
it will be Cleveland when it's all said and done.

West:
I need a crystal ball for this one.
58 wins get you the 1 seed and you'll need at least 50 wins for the 8th seed

Kings, OKC, Pelicans and Suns will likely be fighting for that 7-8 seed

The 8th seed could easily knock the first seed out the playoffs. Same with 2 and 7 and so on...

Munkeysuit
11-10-2014, 05:48 PM
It has to be a team from the East this year...Chicago maybe.

Dade County
11-10-2014, 06:00 PM
It has to be a team from the East this year...Chicago maybe.

I don't think this is good enough to finish with the best record in the league.

Aaron brooks
Jimmy butler / Hinrich
Dunleavy / McDermott
Gasol / Gibson
Noah

Jeffy25
11-10-2014, 06:10 PM
I'll say the Clippers just for the **** of it

SoCal Bob
11-11-2014, 07:21 AM
GSW sadly

MyDRoseLikeDeng
11-11-2014, 08:05 AM

Aaron brooks
Jimmy butler / Hinrich
Dunleavy / McDermott
Gasol / Gibson
Noah

Cute attempt at trolling.. Then again I would troll too if my teams only hope at being successful and winning a championship was if another teams star player got hurt (God forbid)

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I just can't bet against San Antonio here.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm still going with my pick at the start of the season, which is Cleveland. San Antonio would probably be my second pick. I'm shocked that Toronto is getting so much love here. They're a very good team, but does anyone realistically think they can finish with the best record in the East, much less the entire league? That's some pretty wishful thinking.

But right now, it's really anybody's guess. Both conferences are still pretty wide open. Chicago could do it if they stay healthy, and Miami and Toronto have at least played well enough to be in the discussion. Houston, Golden State, Memphis and/or the Clippers could feasibly surpass the Spurs in the win column and earn a 1 seed. And if OKC can stay afloat until Durant and Westbrook get back, I wouldn't completely rule out the Thunder either.

goingfor28
11-11-2014, 11:02 AM

Aaron brooks
Jimmy butler / Hinrich
Dunleavy / McDermott
Gasol / Gibson
Noah
Did rose die?

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm still going with my pick at the start of the season, which is Cleveland. San Antonio would probably be my second pick. I'm shocked that Toronto is getting so much love here. They're a very good team, but does anyone realistically think they can finish with the best record in the East, much less the entire league? That's some pretty wishful thinking.

But right now, it's really anybody's guess. Both conferences are still pretty wide open. Chicago could do it if they stay healthy, and Miami and Toronto have at least played well enough to be in the discussion. Houston, Golden State, Memphis and/or the Clippers could feasibly surpass the Spurs in the win column and earn a 1 seed. And if OKC can stay afloat until Durant and Westbrook get back, I wouldn't completely rule out the Thunder either.

No I don't, i'm also a Raptors fan. The Raptors are a potential 50+ win team but the best record I doubt it, maybe in a few years (crosses fingers) but not this year.

Again I can't bet against San Antonio here.

The one thing the Raptors have going for them though is they play the 6ers, Knicks and the Celtics 4 times each.

InRoseWeTrust
11-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Did rose die?

Lmao it's just his lame attempt at trolling. (He also, posts before, said the Heat were going to finish with the best record in the league if "Riley could pull off a trade.")

Jamiecballer
11-11-2014, 02:10 PM

the east is really weak and the top contenders in Cleveland and Chicago have some serious question marks that could cause them to really disappoint. toronto has consistency, familiarity and more depth than just about anyone.

the teams in the west will just cannibalize each other so while i wouldn't put a large sum of money on it, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 02:23 PM
the east is really weak and the top contenders in Cleveland and Chicago have some serious question marks that could cause them to really disappoint. toronto has consistency, familiarity and more depth than just about anyone.
But it's still really, really early to start thinking Toronto will finish with a better record with those teams. Sure it's possible, but two weeks ago nobody would have made that prediction, and seven games isn't nearly a large enough sample size to change anybody's mind.

the teams in the west will just cannibalize each other so while i wouldn't put a large sum of money on it, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
And this is just inaccurate. If it were true, then why did the teams with the three best records last season all come from the West? Or five of the top six records the previous season?

lionel
11-11-2014, 02:26 PM
kings.... :D

Dade County
11-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Did rose die?

Who's that?

Lmao it's just his lame attempt at trolling. (He also, posts before, said the Heat were going to finish with the best record in the league if "Riley could pull off a trade.")

I also mentioned the Cav's... And I stated that the bulls could be up there too, if they could get a starting pg, (that can stay healthy).

Hawkeye15
11-11-2014, 02:33 PM

The Thunder are going to get killed by the KD/Westy injuries in the standings. They may be able to recover and score a 4-5 seed, but no way will they finish with the best record.

Miltstar
11-11-2014, 02:34 PM
But it's still really, really early to start thinking Toronto will finish with a better record with those teams. Sure it's possible, but two weeks ago nobody would have made that prediction, and seven games isn't nearly a large enough sample size to change anybody's mind.

Ross and Valanciunas are getting better every game, Derozan looks even better than last year. Sweet Lou and James Johnson were great additions... they probably have the easiest schedule in the league and on top of it all there are a lot of Raptor homers :) We got a whole country behind us!!! And Drake!

Chronz
11-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Raptors are a great sleeper pick. They got all the essential elements, they were one of the few top-10 Offensive/Defensive teams from last year, they had a young/ascending core of players, they made a quality addition to their bench and now have the luxury of managing everyone minutes carefully. They have 4 or 5 quality bigs who can either play big minutes or efficient spot minutes. I really love the way their team was built, its fun watching Louis back at the 2 and playing alongside a big PG, their only hole is defensively against bigger swings but in terms of regular season dominance, they have the required depth. They just have to hope Val keeps up his current production. There has to be slippage somewhere tho, as it stands they are just killing teams with both their starting and secondary units.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Raptors are a great sleeper pick. They got all the essential elements, they were one of the few top-10 Offensive/Defensive teams from last year, they had a young/ascending core of players, they made a quality addition to their bench and now have the luxury of managing everyone minutes carefully. They have 4 or 5 quality bigs who can either play big minutes or efficient spot minutes. I really love the way their team was built, its fun watching Louis back at the 2 and playing alongside a big PG, their only hole is defensively against bigger swings but in terms of regular season dominance, they have the required depth. They just have to hope Val keeps up his current production. There has to be slippage somewhere tho, as it stands they are just killing teams with both their starting and secondary units.

I don't have an issue with Toronto being a top 3 seed in the East, but I just can't envision them having the best record in the league. The last few years, the league's beset team won 62+ games. Can you really imagine this Raptors team winning 62 games? I can't. 55? Sure, but 62 seems extremely unlikely.

Jamiecballer
11-11-2014, 02:58 PM

And this is just inaccurate. If it were true, then why did the teams with the three best records last season all come from the West? Or five of the top six records the previous season?
Sure, it is really early. Two weeks ago I would have had the Raptors second behind the bulls. But they look a little vulnerable to me. If they are going to play Rose no matter what in hopes that he can be the old Rose then they won't be as good as last years Bulls IMO.

You got me on the east west though. Seemed right in my head.

Ezio
11-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Sure, it is really early. Two weeks ago I would have had the Raptors second behind the bulls. But they look a little vulnerable to me. If they are going to play Rose no matter what in hopes that he can be the old Rose then they won't be as good as last years Bulls IMO.

What? Last years Bulls had Boozer

Jamiecballer
11-11-2014, 03:33 PM
What? Last years Bulls had Boozer
In the same sentence you highlighted I gave my rational.

Goose17
11-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Lakers.

Bruno
11-11-2014, 04:43 PM
I predicted during pre-season that a healthy Golden State team wins the championship this year. i think they need HCA to do it, so I'll vote GS.

I hope we get a Cleveland/GSW finals. the offense will be obscene.

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 05:11 PM

I'm a Raptors fan but they haven't played the hardest of schedules.

Orlando, Boston, Durant/Westbrookless Okc, Philidelphia took up a majority of the Raptors season so far.

They beat Atlanta and the Wizards as well though Atlanta isn't a world beater and the Wizards are without Beal.

Their strongest foe was Miami.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 05:22 PM
I predicted during pre-season that a healthy Golden State team wins the championship this year. i think they need HCA to do it, so I'll vote GS.

Golden State has a great shot to do it, but I have two major question marks with them right now:

1. Injuries. Between Bogut and Lee, their front court gets banged up a lot. If those two guys stay relatively healthy and they don't suffer any other major injuries, they should be in good shape.

2. Defense. Under Jackson, they were a phenomenal defensive unit that struggled to manufacture points. Under Kerr, the offense has improved substantially, but I wonder if that same defensive intensity they had under Jackson will remain with Kerr at the helm. So far, so good, but I'm curious to see if that continues throughout the year.

InRoseWeTrust
11-11-2014, 06:14 PM
I also mentioned the Cav's... And I stated that the bulls could be up there too, if they could get a starting pg, (that can stay healthy).

Here's the chance that the Heat have to finish with the best record in the East:

0%.

kdspurman
11-12-2014, 12:14 AM

I think if GS avoids SA, you might be right.

mightybosstone
11-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Here's the chance that the Heat have to finish with the best record in the East:

0%.

That's pretty ignorant, dude. Considering how injury prone Chicago's roster is and how much of a question mark Cleveland is right now, I'd say the top of the East is hardly a foregone conclusion. I still see Miami as a 4 seed at best, but I'd certainly give them a puncher's chance of finishing at the top. That's a talented, veteran squad with tons of championship experience. I'd easily give them a 5-10% chance of earning a 1 seed.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Either Miami or Portland.

mightybosstone
11-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Really? If Portland finishes with a top 3 record in the West, I'll be positively shocked. And while Miami might have an outside shot, I still think they're a very, very dark horse at this point.

Miltstar
11-12-2014, 01:01 PM

Orlando, Boston, Durant/Westbrookless Okc, Philidelphia took up a majority of the Raptors season so far.

They beat Atlanta and the Wizards as well though Atlanta isn't a world beater and the Wizards are without Beal.

In all fairness this could also be used as an argument as to why the Raptors might end up with the best record. They play in the weakest division and have an easier schedule than most of other top teams. I still think we finish 2nd in the east to Cleveland though (I voted for TOR anyways cuz I'm a homer :p)

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
That's pretty ignorant, dude. Considering how injury prone Chicago's roster is and how much of a question mark Cleveland is right now, I'd say the top of the East is hardly a foregone conclusion. I still see Miami as a 4 seed at best, but I'd certainly give them a puncher's chance of finishing at the top. That's a talented, veteran squad with tons of championship experience. I'd easily give them a 5-10% chance of earning a 1 seed.

I really don't think it's ignorant at all, and I'm by no means low on Miami. I had them pegged for the 3 or 4 spot once Paul George went down. I think they have a really nice roster. That being said, they aren't coming away with the best record at the end of the season. There are too many other teams out there with more talent and better coaching, especially if you're taking the East and West into consideration. I'm really not trying to be a hater here - just realistic. Perhaps I delivered it a little too bluntly because he was clearly trolling re Rose.

Chronz
11-12-2014, 01:41 PM

Yeah but dominance to this degree hints at some level stability, it would be one thing if you guys were barely getting bye. But it's early, lots of guys are barely getting their legs. Orlando pushed you guys yesterday but even then we saw your bench gut out the win. I have a feeling you guys will overachieve in the regular season

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Really? If Portland finishes with a top 3 record in the West, I'll be positively shocked. And while Miami might have an outside shot, I still think they're a very, very dark horse at this point.

How would that be such a shock? Portland hovered around the number 1 spot for a while last season and the team is better and deeper this year with legit backup pg and center. And MIA has both the familiarity with each other plus Wade and Bosh back to normal while Cleveland is figuring things out and Bulls are holding their breath with D Rose. Wouldn't be a huge stretch at all for MIA the be best in the east.

valade16
11-12-2014, 02:02 PM

As a Portland fan I would love nothing more than the #1 seed but I just don't see it. Our team tends to drop a game every now and then we shouldn't simply because of our reliance on outside shooting. If we are cold we lose to teams we really shouldn't.

Heck, last night we had to come back from 23 down to beat Charlotte. Granted we didn't have Batum but it was still a way harder game than it should have been. I will be happy if we get a top 4 seed considering how insanely tough the west will be.

Thumper 88
11-12-2014, 02:41 PM
kings.... :D
Not if they keep blowing 24pt leads lol

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 03:37 PM
As a Portland fan I would love nothing more than the #1 seed but I just don't see it. Our team tends to drop a game every now and then we shouldn't simply because of our reliance on outside shooting. If we are cold we lose to teams we really shouldn't.

Heck, last night we had to come back from 23 down to beat Charlotte. Granted we didn't have Batum but it was still a way harder game than it should have been. I will be happy if we get a top 4 seed considering how insanely tough the west will be.

If they pile the wins on now, especially against east coast teams #1 is very possible. You know the Spurs will be on cruise control all season and the Clippers are too inconsistent. With OKC out of the way for now I really think it's between you guys and the Dubs for the top spot...

Bruno
11-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Golden State has a great shot to do it, but I have two major question marks with them right now:

1. Injuries. Between Bogut and Lee, their front court gets banged up a lot. If those two guys stay relatively healthy and they don't suffer any other major injuries, they should be in good shape.

2. Defense. Under Jackson, they were a phenomenal defensive unit that struggled to manufacture points. Under Kerr, the offense has improved substantially, but I wonder if that same defensive intensity they had under Jackson will remain with Kerr at the helm. So far, so good, but I'm curious to see if that continues throughout the year.
I agree that Bogut holds the key. if he's not healthy in the playoffs, they don't make it out of the west. but thats my crazy prediction for this year. this is the year Bogut suits up at 85% strength+ in the playoffs.

for defense, they are 2nd in defensive rating. it's early, but i'm sure not having lee helps the defense.

Trwood12
11-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Everybody always sleeps on Memphis.

SF8
11-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Toronto is seriously on the poll? Is OP Canadian?

GS, LAC and Houston don't have a chance either.

Memphis has a higher chance than all the teams I just mentioned above and their not even on the poll lmao.

mightybosstone
11-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Toronto is seriously on the poll? Is OP Canadian?

GS, LAC and Houston don't have a chance either.

Memphis has a higher chance than all the teams I just mentioned above and their not even on the poll lmao.

In the event that San Antonio doesn't earn the best record in the West, its more than likely going to be one of those three teams (Gold State, LA or Houston) that you claim "don't have a chance." Why is Memphis such a better candidate than those three teams? And what logic are you using to justify those three teams being such unlikely candidates to finish at the top of the conference?

KnicksorBust
11-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Everybody always sleeps on Memphis.

In fairness it takes a while for a perennial losing team to be accepted as a contender. Doesnt make it right.

Bartlee23
11-15-2014, 08:38 PM
I say the Cav's

If Pat can pull off a trade, then I would go with the HEAT.

I would have chosen the bulls, but they are one starting pg away from being true contenders.

You know what's funny I was going to say the same thing about Miami except I would of changed it to one starting point guard, a starting forward and a bench.

Seizabmc
11-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm not going to try and predict who will have the best record at the seasons end.
That's literally impossible because people get injured and all of a sudden a number one team can go out of the playoffs.
Just look at okc for example.
Or Indy

But the team that impress me the most are
I like
Memphis
Bulls
Spurs

And the teams that will start to picks things up once injured players return and chemistry starts to flow
Okc
Cavs
Knicks
Wiz

Teams that have a ton of potential
And could very well go very far in post season

Rapts
Bobcats
Dubs
Blazers
Clips
Rockets
Mavs
Kings
New Orleans
Nets

Here's a wild card,
If I had to choose two teams to be in finals I would say
Memphis and bulls

SF8
11-15-2014, 10:24 PM
In the event that San Antonio doesn't earn the best record in the West, its more than likely going to be one of those three teams (Gold State, LA or Houston) that you claim "don't have a chance." Why is Memphis such a better candidate than those three teams? And what logic are you using to justify those three teams being such unlikely candidates to finish at the top of the conference?

If Spurs don't get it, I expect a ECF team like MIAMI, Chicago or maybe Cleveland to get best record.

It's much easier for ECF teams to get better record than WCF teams cause ECF teams have easier schedule since they play against the same trash East teams.

As for the Grizz, I think their better than GS, Houston and LAC.

mightybosstone
11-16-2014, 12:37 AM
If Spurs don't get it, I expect a ECF team like MIAMI, Chicago or maybe Cleveland to get best record.

It's much easier for ECF teams to get better record than WCF teams cause ECF teams have easier schedule since they play against the same trash East teams.
Oh really? Is that why the West had the top three records in the league last year or why the conference had five of the top six records in the league a year before?

As for the Grizz, I think their better than GS, Houston and LAC.
And yet they had a worse record than all three of those teams a season ago.

FlashBolt
11-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Why is Toronto on the poll and getting so many votes? This must be a joke. Toronto had an easy schedule thus far..

ThuglifeJ
11-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Well OP looks like a genius now that Memphis is 9-1.

I'm going with GS though... Theyre young and just pile it on with all their fresh legs. Great team, great offense. #1 seed West, but 2nd rd exit when pace drops... My prediction.
Houston will drop games. SA doesn't try enough reg season, Dallas will drop games, Memphis will lose focus at some point, clippers are too inconsistent....Portland, phx, pelicans not good enough. Kings will blow more leads..

GS just seems like they love playing too much they'll never get tired that way.

ThuglifeJ
11-16-2014, 02:28 AM
But in case you didn't know..Monday HOUSTON (9-1) @ MEMPHIS (9-1).

No idea what to expect with this one gotta be excited for it though.

SF8
11-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Oh really? Is that why the West had the top three records in the league last year or why the conference had five of the top six records in the league a year before?

And yet they had a worse record than all three of those teams a season ago.
A lot's changed in a season man. Last year's season isn't this year's season. The best player in basketball wore black uniform last year, he now wears brown. The 2nd best player isn't even playing. Paul George isn't playing. Asik and Parsons no longer wear red.

There's a lot of change that happened, if your thinking this season will be same as last season, your in for a treat.

Jamiecballer
11-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Why is Toronto on the poll and getting so many votes? This must be a joke. Toronto had an easy schedule thus far..

they are deep, play in a weak conference, and yes, PSD is a canadian property.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 01:51 PM
I really like Memphis for it. But they play in a very deep conference. I'm thinking Chicago.

tredigs
11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Memphis is a bit fortunate to have the record they do. Other than the Rockets or some EC teams, they've probably had the easiest schedule to date and won by 5 points or less against Minny, OKC, Charlotte, Sac and the Lakers. Solid team as usual, but not a #1 seed.

Goose17
11-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Memphis is a bit fortunate to have the record they do. Other than the Rockets or some EC teams, they've probably had the easiest schedule to date and won by 5 points or less against Minny, OKC, Charlotte, Sac and the Lakers. Solid team as usual, but not a #1 seed.

We'll see.

Warriors have had an easy schedule as well tbf.

tredigs
11-16-2014, 06:20 PM
We'll see.

Warriors have had an easy schedule as well tbf.

You think? 6 of their 9 games were against playoff teams from last year, and 2 of the others are Phoenix and Sac. Memphis/Houston's have been much, much easier. Obviously evens out for WC teams, though.

ThuglifeJ
11-16-2014, 08:29 PM

Memphis plays better against good teams than they do bad teams. I don't think they snag #1, but I won't hold point differential against them they slow it down a ton as well.

Blitzbolt
11-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Defense travels the Grizz have the best winning℅ since Marc Gasol return last year.... With that said I'm not picking us to have the best record at the end of the day. Zbo and Carter/Prince are quite old now they will rest during the season but the Grizz are defiantly build for the playoffs.

All our of games are close and in the high 80s no matter who the team we played.

MrfadeawayJB
11-16-2014, 11:59 PM

Memphis plays better against good teams than they do bad teams. I don't think they snag #1, but I won't hold point differential against them they slow it down a ton as well.

Good point. Pace has a lot to do with point differential. I heard a broadcaster say a 10-15 point win for the grizz is really like a 20-25 point win for anyone else when you look at # of possessions/pace

SF8
11-17-2014, 10:08 PM

I hope your able to see why Memphis is a better candidate than Houston from tonight's game.

ThuglifeJ
11-18-2014, 10:06 AM

I hope your able to see why Memphis is a better candidate than Houston from tonight's game.

Boom.