PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose

Pages : [1] 2

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 12:18 AM
At what point do you give up on this guy?

Before his ACL injury in the 2012 playoffs he had only played 39 games that season due to lingering groin, hip, and random leg injuries. Then he missed 2 seasons because of knee injuries. Now, 5 games into a new season , he has missed 3/5 games and left one early because of ankle injuries. AND even when he did play, he looked average at best. Not to mention he looked absolutely awful in FIBA.

I mean, the Bulls are good every year without him. Trade him and get a player who can actually help since this guy just doesn't play. It's becoming a joke that he misses a game for the smallest injuries when guys play through much worse.

ghettosean
11-08-2014, 12:25 AM
In before the thread gets closed!

FlashBolt
11-08-2014, 12:31 AM
No one believed me when I said it.
He's finished. He'll have a couple of good games here and there but he's just not the same player. He's always sitting out games for what I call, excuses. Chicago Bulls just doesn't want to put any attention into Rose's knees. Trade him? You'd have to find someone really desperate.. This is no different than an Amare Stoudemire dilemma. The good part for them is that Bulls are just ONE top 15 player from winning a championship. They have the defense, the hustle, and the tools. God.. imagine KD on this squad.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
11-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Ignorance is bliss

FlashBolt
11-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Ignorance is bliss

How is it ignorance? He's sitting out games.. again.

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Ignorance is bliss

ROFL. That literally makes zero sense in this context. Thanks for taking a quote you've heard on TV and repeating it incorrectly.

chi-townlove1
11-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Obviously trolling. Please delete. Any knowledgable fan knows he can play they really just don't need him for squat right now. So what's the point in pushing him. Him and noah are on limited mins as is, so let it be. Obviously we're great without him. And even better with him. Full faith in his ability and every true NBA fan understands that while he may never be the MVP again, he's still a top player in the league when healthy. That's a fact. So stop trolling. Go find something better to do with your Friday night.

NYJ - NYY
11-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Obviously trolling. Please delete. Any knowledgable fan knows he can play they really just don't need him for squat right now. So what's the point in pushing him. Him and noah are on limited mins as is, so let it be. Obviously we're great without him. And even better with him. Full faith in his ability and every true NBA fan understands that while he may never be the MVP again, he's still a top player in the league when healthy. That's a fact. So stop trolling. Go find something better to do with your Friday night.

Are you serious with that? "Don't need him for squat" my man hasn't played in about a year let alone with this team I think they'd take any and all opportunities to have him build chemistry with them

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 12:50 AM

Nobody is trolling...

Rose is clearly not the same. I've watched every game and most of the FIBA games. He looks awful. He also looked awful in the games he played in last year. You keep holding out hope that he will help you...

chi-townlove1
11-08-2014, 12:51 AM
He practices with them basically every day. He knows everyone on that team that starts besides Pau. He knows the system. He knows thibs. Would I like him getting game time? Sure. Do I want him out there if we really don't need anyone besides our bench to beat teams? Hell no. Our bench can play against 10 or so starting lineups in this league. We're completely fine without rose going out there and risking serious injury in the first 10 games of a season. Let him rest. It's a different situation that many people don't know anything about. Unfortunately this is the way we HAVE to treat rose due to his history. But I'm all for it if it means having him fully healthy when he's on the court.

chi-townlove1
11-08-2014, 12:53 AM
But I'm done feeding the illogical trolls. I NEVER engage in these conversations. Got my two cents in. Enjoy your nights.

FlashBolt
11-08-2014, 12:54 AM

1) How is it trolling? It's a LEGITIMATE question.
2) Any knowledgeable fan would not know that because any knowledgeable fan =/= have insider information that only Chicago Bulls cast knows.
3) The fact that Bulls are winning without Rose just shows that Rose isn't as important as people think.
4) When he's healthy... Lol. You're the one who's trolling. Do you know how many players would be a top player when healthy?

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 12:58 AM
He practices with them basically every day. He knows everyone on that team that starts besides Pau. He knows the system. He knows thibs. Would I like him getting game time? Sure. Do I want him out there if we really don't need anyone besides our bench to beat teams? Hell no. Our bench can play against 10 or so starting lineups in this league. We're completely fine without rose going out there and risking serious injury in the first 10 games of a season. Let him rest. It's a different situation that many people don't know anything about. Unfortunately this is the way we HAVE to treat rose due to his history. But I'm all for it if it means having him fully healthy when he's on the court.

He's never on the court though and that's what we're trying to say...

Honestly, how many other players in NBA history have missed this much time, have played this poorly and are still considered a "top player".

Kyben36
11-08-2014, 01:25 AM
At what point do you give up on this guy?

Before his ACL injury in the 2012 playoffs he had only played 39 games that season due to lingering groin, hip, and random leg injuries. Then he missed 2 seasons because of knee injuries. Now, 5 games into a new season , he has missed 3/5 games and left one early because of ankle injuries. AND even when he did play, he looked average at best. Not to mention he looked absolutely awful in FIBA.

I mean, the Bulls are good every year without him. Trade him and get a player who can actually help since this guy just doesn't play. It's becoming a joke that he misses a game for the smallest injuries when guys play through much worse.

For one, this statment has nothing to do with your thread, the thread is about rose's health and he was 100% healthy in fiba, so your countering your own argument, 2ndly, his healthy looks fine in terms of explosion, if you have watched the game, he is as if not more explosive than ever. and a couple of sprained ankles does not make a guy injury prone, jeez, if you ever played basketball you know you role your ankle some times, hell, Noel just sprained his ankle, was out all last season, but no talk about him. back off of rose's health till something actually happeneds for Christ sake,

KG2TB
11-08-2014, 01:34 AM
1) How is it trolling? It's a LEGITIMATE question.
2) Any knowledgeable fan would not know that because any knowledgeable fan =/= have insider information that only Chicago Bulls cast knows.
3) The fact that Bulls are winning without Rose just shows that Rose isn't as important as people think.
4) When he's healthy... Lol. You're the one who's trolling. Do you know how many players would be a top player when healthy?

1. Look up the Bulls record with Rose compared to without him.
2. Look up the Bulls record the year after Jordan retired and how far the Bulls advanced in the playoffs. I'll give you a hint. They were still very good. I hope you wouldn't argue that Jordan wasn't important because we were still winning without him. And that was over the course of a full season....not 6 games.
3. Don't really need a third point...

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 02:03 AM
For one, this statment has nothing to do with your thread, the thread is about rose's health and he was 100% healthy in fiba, so your countering your own argument, 2ndly, his healthy looks fine in terms of explosion, if you have watched the game, he is as if not more explosive than ever. and a couple of sprained ankles does not make a guy injury prone, jeez, if you ever played basketball you know you role your ankle some times, hell, Noel just sprained his ankle, was out all last season, but no talk about him. back off of rose's health till something actually happeneds for Christ sake,

This makes no sense. I said he is always injured and isn't good even when he does play...therefore you give up on hoping he leads you anywhere and get value for him. So yes, it has everything to do with what I said. And what do you mean wait until something happens...THAT MAKES NO SENSE. He is already injured...AGAIN...3 games into the season. How about you wait until he does something GOOD to say he is actually worth keeping since, so far, he has shown nothing.

Mr.B
11-08-2014, 02:08 AM
From the outside (not a Bulls fan or Bulls hater) looking in I think it's a legit question. He has missed a ton of time with injuries the last couple of injuries. With his talent level I compare him to Grant Hill.

Hill was considered by many to be the "Next Jordan". He lasted a little longer than Rose before he started having all the injuries. Then after a couple of years of injuries in Orlando they gave up on him. As we all know Hill worked on getting healthy and has played for several more years and became a very good player after the injuries.

Rose just needs to keep his love for the game and desire to play and work. If he can do that he will eventually work through this injury plagued portion of his career and can still have a long successful career. He may never be what he could have been (like Grant Hill) but he can still be a very good player.

KG2TB
11-08-2014, 02:21 AM
This makes no sense. I said he is always injured and isn't good even when he does play...therefore you give up on hoping he leads you anywhere and get value for him. So yes, it has everything to do with what I said. And what do you mean wait until something happens...THAT MAKES NO SENSE. He is already injured...AGAIN...3 games into the season. How about you wait until he does something GOOD to say he is actually worth keeping since, so far, he has shown nothing.

Cavs game?

abe_froman
11-08-2014, 02:27 AM
wow,you guys must have really wanted to see him play the 76ers

numba1CHANGsta
11-08-2014, 02:34 AM
Lin for Rose seems fair

flclfanman
11-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Soooo...

If management chooses to not play our most important player against the Bucks,Sixers, and other bottomfeeders it means Rose is "done"?

ummm...

Look, the nagging injuries are annoying, that's the main reason why management is so cautious with him (You want him to log 35+ mins against a crap team 5 games into the season? really?)

Rose will be there when the Bulls play better competition.

And the people saying he looked bad in FIBA. Anybody will look bad doing something after stopping for 2+ years.

I picked up piano again after stopping for 3+ years and guess what? I sucked at it. You can't expect me to crank out a Beethoven Sonata in my first month. :laugh2:

flclfanman
11-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Lin for Rose seems fair

Is this Kobe's agent?

numba1CHANGsta
11-08-2014, 02:38 AM
Is this Kobe's agent?

yup

KG2TB
11-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Soooo...

If management chooses to not play our most important player against the Bucks,Sixers, and other bottomfeeders it means Rose is "done"?

ummm...

Look, the nagging injuries are annoying, that's the main reason why management is so cautious with him (You want him to log 35+ mins against a crap team 5 games into the season? really?)

Rose will be there when the Bulls play better competition.

And the people saying he looked bad in FIBA. Anybody will look bad doing something after stopping for 2+ years.

I picked up piano again after stopping for 3+ years and guess what? I sucked at it. You can't expect me to crank out a Beethoven Sonata in my first month. :laugh2:

Yep. The only difference is nobody pays attention to you (as far as I know) and you don't have the media and a network of 24 hour news and banter devoted to you and your company. That's not a knock on you by the way. Just the way it is. I'm in the same boat with guitar....I've played off and on for the past 7-8 years and really....I was probably better than I am now 10 years ago. But I'm starting to pick it up again...and I'm smarter and see things more clearly...just the technical skills are diminished and the rust is heavy. Just like Rose. As long as he doesn't have any major injuries and works himself into the playoffs, I'm not all that worried.

flclfanman
11-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Yep. The only difference is nobody pays attention to you (as far as I know) and you don't have the media and a network of 24 hour news and banter devoted to you and your company. That's not a knock on you by the way. Just the way it is. I'm in the same boat with guitar....I've played off and on for the past 7-8 years and really....I was probably better than I am now 10 years ago. But I'm starting to pick it up again...and I'm smarter and see things more clearly...just the technical skills are diminished and the rust is heavy. Just like Rose. As long as he doesn't have any major injuries and works himself into the playoffs, I'm not all that worried.

Yup. I wonder if people will declare KD or Westbrook "done" when they don't immediately put up the same numbers they did pre-injury.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-08-2014, 03:11 AM
Jesus. It's 5 ****ing games into the season. He tweaked his ankles..so did 10 other players already. **** happens. He came back and played against the Bucks and played very effectively. The Bulls are on a 4 games in 5 nights stretch against crap teams and regardless of injury or not, Rose was gonna be on limited minutes. He is not gonna be asked to carry the load on this team anymore like he was in 2010 because the team has been assembled to not rely on him to that extent. Right now they are winning playing inside out with Gasol and Gibson with Dunleavy, Butler, Hinrich, Mirotic, McDermott and Brooks scoring from the perimeter. Add in Rose and they just become more lethal. My point is, Rose would be out there playing if this was game ****ing 7 of the Finals and not game ****ing 6 of the regular season against the D-League Sixers(they almost beat us but a W is a W.)

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-08-2014, 03:14 AM
The fact that the Bulls are so stacked and primed for a title run, has created an itch in the ***** of all the trollers on this board.

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2014, 03:47 AM
Lol wheres the Cleveland is done thread? I mean if we are talking out our butts.. It's been 5-6 games? I guess the kings vs Houston in the western conference finals too huh? Westbrook is done because he's always hurt, and the thunder won't make the playoffs. I guess the Knicks are horrible too... Wait that's a true fact... 😝😝😝

KG2TB
11-08-2014, 03:49 AM
Yup. I wonder if people will declare KD or Westbrook "done" when they don't immediately put up the same numbers they did pre-injury.

People won't for a variety of reasons. For one, Rose has missed a ton more time than KD and WB. So...they have less rust to shake off and for now, they're less injury prone than Rose. I don't fault people for needing to see Rose stay healthy and produce, but to say he's done over a bad FIBA showing and a couple ankle injuries a few games into the season is extremely short sighted and not very intelligent. Anyone with half a brain knows it's going to take a while for Rose to work his way back to dominant form. Now, he may very well end up hurting himself just like any other player could end up getting injured....but if he stays healthy and doesn't sustain a major injury, it's almost foolish to think he'll never be an elite player again. He just needs time....and him sitting out and being careful with ankle injuries is a no brainer decision. Let's revisit this discussion at the end of the year or IF he sustains a major injury. Until then people just need to STFU.

Goose17
11-08-2014, 04:10 AM
Send him to Phoenix. They'll use the wizardry to heal him and return him to mvp form.

raiderposting
11-08-2014, 04:26 AM
I don't see him lasting until the playoffs

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-08-2014, 04:31 AM
If the way he played in that first half against Cleveland is considered "shaking off rust", then I wouldn't wanna see him in full form if I was an opponent.

naps
11-08-2014, 04:42 AM
I love watching Derrick Rose. But I honestly think even if he stays healthy (only possible with taking 25/30 games off every year since I conclude at this point he is an injury prone player after all the big and small injuries he has had for years) he will never be the Rose we saw in 2011 again. He can be a good role player for years to come though if he is taken care of nicely. I would like to see him in Phoenix and see what their magical medical staff could do with him.

Kyben36
11-08-2014, 06:14 AM

did you watch the cavs game vs the bulls, 2nd game of the season, 20 points in 25 minutes, playing half that time on a sprained ankle. and to compare fiba is ignorange, because anyone knowledgeable would understand that some players have to take a back seat, not every player is going for 20+ ppg. otherwise, the usa team would score about 240 points a night. his health is the only concern here, not his play, watch a game and you be able to tell that. and his ankles, once again, sprained ankles happen,

Kyben36
11-08-2014, 06:15 AM
ricky Rubio just sprained his ankle, better call the paper to let them know to run an article about his health and injury history.

Marcus Smart also just sprained his ankle, just the start of a long list of sprained ankles in his future.

this thread is stupid.

tredigs
11-08-2014, 07:42 AM

"Great" is probably a stretch considering they wouldn't even make the Western Conference playoffs.

All I know is that I miss D. Rose. He was so fun to watch at his peak.

amos1er
11-08-2014, 09:39 AM
I took Rose on my fantasy team late in the draft. I took a gamble and thought "Oh well, it's a late pick and if he comes through he can make my team dominant and if he doesn't, I can pick up someone on waivers to replace him anyways". Guess what, he started to show me some potential and I thought I got a real steal... Then the sitting out bs started up again... I am ready to call it quits on the guy and feel real dumb for ever picking him and not recognizing the true situation here... The guy just doesn't have the heart necessary to get through this. When you look at guys like Kobe, he would never let a weak *** injury like a sprained ankle keep him out of games for over a week.

Rose needs to get in and fight through these minor injuries and actually play in the games. If he doesn't get some PT, he will never shake off the rust and get back to where he was back in 2011.... We are going on 2015 pretty soon... Time to man up and put your big boy pants on Rose... Stop sitting out games for minor injuries and integrate yourself back into the games slowly. Just get in the games and the rest will come. PLAY THE ****ING GAMES AND STOP SITTING OUT!!! YOUR ONLY DECREASING YOUR VALUE AS A PLAYER AND YOU WILL NEVER GET TO THAT NEXT LEVEL!!!

amos1er
11-08-2014, 09:46 AM
I hope he at least plays tomorrow... There really is no excuse for him not to. He was able to play a few days ago... So why not now... This kind of stuff is exactly why people question him so much...

effen5
11-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Me personally, I think he's acting like a little ***** and I'm sick of I'm playing, I'm not playing blah blah blah.

He can change my mind in the playoffs (if he's healthy)

I'm just sick of the front office building around a guy who hasn't played in 2 years but whatever.

smith&wesson
11-08-2014, 11:47 AM
rose = penny

smith&wesson
11-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Its hard for people to accept it because he was so good and is still pretty young. But Rose hasn't played in a long time and he is a non factor for the bulls. I almost rather see the bulls with a new pg just so we could see how good that team can be...

Maybe the bulls go after Reggie Jackson as insurance in the offseason... if DRose does come back and stays healthy they could just keep them both.

Chronz
11-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Bulls have been good without Rose, but they can be great with him.

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 07:38 PM
did you watch the cavs game vs the bulls, 2nd game of the season, 20 points in 25 minutes, playing half that time on a sprained ankle. and to compare fiba is ignorange, because anyone knowledgeable would understand that some players have to take a back seat, not every player is going for 20+ ppg. otherwise, the usa team would score about 240 points a night. his health is the only concern here, not his play, watch a game and you be able to tell that. and his ankles, once again, sprained ankles happen,

He shot under 20% and made 1 out of 27 three pointers. It has nothing to do with taking a back seat. He was terrible

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 07:43 PM
ricky Rubio just sprained his ankle, better call the paper to let them know to run an article about his health and injury history.

Marcus Smart also just sprained his ankle, just the start of a long list of sprained ankles in his future.

this thread is stupid.

It's actually sad how you Bulls fans make excuses for him. Rose missed 2 entire seasons. Before that he played 39 games in a season. Now he has missed 4 games out of 7 this year and left one early bc of an injury. That is the definition of injury prone. He NEVER plays. I don't care what the reason, be it management holding him out, him not having the heart to play through injuries, etc...the point here is it has been over 4 seasons and he has played a total of 40 games.

He played horribly last year when he came back, played horribly in FIBA and hasn't looked good this year.

Westbrook came back from his injury and put up his normal numbers immediately after missing the rest of the playoffs, off season, and 7 weeks of the season. Kobe has come back and is putting up the same numbers he was previously, with a more serious injury, with NOBODY on this team to take any defenders away.

Jeffy25
11-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Fun fact:

Since the start of 2011, Kentavious Pope has already played more minutes than Derrick Rose

Ariza's Better
11-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I took Rose on my fantasy team late in the draft. I took a gamble and thought "Oh well, it's a late pick and if he comes through he can make my team dominant and if he doesn't, I can pick up someone on waivers to replace him anyways". Guess what, he started to show me some potential and I thought I got a real steal... Then the sitting out bs started up again... I am ready to call it quits on the guy and feel real dumb for ever picking him and not recognizing the true situation here... The guy just doesn't have the heart necessary to get through this. When you look at guys like Kobe, he would never let a weak *** injury like a sprained ankle keep him out of games for over a week.

Rose needs to get in and fight through these minor injuries and actually play in the games. If he doesn't get some PT, he will never shake off the rust and get back to where he was back in 2011.... We are going on 2015 pretty soon... Time to man up and put your big boy pants on Rose... Stop sitting out games for minor injuries and integrate yourself back into the games slowly. Just get in the games and the rest will come. PLAY THE ****ING GAMES AND STOP SITTING OUT!!! YOUR ONLY DECREASING YOUR VALUE AS A PLAYER AND YOU WILL NEVER GET TO THAT NEXT LEVEL!!!

Me personally, I think he's acting like a little ***** and I'm sick of I'm playing, I'm not playing blah blah blah.

He can change my mind in the playoffs (if he's healthy)

I'm just sick of the front office building around a guy who hasn't played in 2 years but whatever.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, everything wrong with sport fans summed up in two posts.

Jeffy25
11-08-2014, 08:04 PM

When he has played, he hasn't been very good (since coming back from the major injuries), .39% shooting from inside the three point line, 37% from the field overall, 19.0 PPG, 4.0 Turnovers, 5.5 APG

He hasn't been elite when he has played, but it's only 13 games, and he has likely been playing hurt.

Kyben36
11-08-2014, 08:53 PM
It's actually sad how you Bulls fans make excuses for him. Rose missed 2 entire seasons. Before that he played 39 games in a season. Now he has missed 4 games out of 7 this year and left one early bc of an injury. That is the definition of injury prone. He NEVER plays. I don't care what the reason, be it management holding him out, him not having the heart to play through injuries, etc...the point here is it has been over 4 seasons and he has played a total of 40 games.

He played horribly last year when he came back, played horribly in FIBA and hasn't looked good this year.

Westbrook came back from his injury and put up his normal numbers immediately after missing the rest of the playoffs, off season, and 7 weeks of the season. Kobe has come back and is putting up the same numbers he was previously, with a more serious injury, with NOBODY on this team to take any defenders away.

a spained ankle is not an injury, it happends. if he injures himself, fine, and im as worried as the next guy about his health, but the fact that its all that anyone talks about with the bulls is ****ing BS. derrick roles his ankle and fans start screaming no. get over it. if an injury happens fine, but until then, there is no reason to talk about it. once again, him missing these games because of a sprained ankle can happen to any player. see Ricky Rubio, Marcus Smart, NOrlenes Noel. Roled Ankles happen. and somtimes they take some time to heel.

nobody is going to judge him based on a sprained ankle in terms of injury history. another torn ACL, or a major hip injury fine, but it hasnt happens so its not thread worthy.

poleandreel
11-08-2014, 09:07 PM
a spained ankle is not an injury, it happends. if he injures himself, fine, and im as worried as the next guy about his health, but the fact that its all that anyone talks about with the bulls is ****ing BS. derrick roles his ankle and fans start screaming no. get over it. if an injury happens fine, but until then, there is no reason to talk about it. once again, him missing these games because of a sprained ankle can happen to any player. see Ricky Rubio, Marcus Smart, NOrlenes Noel. Roled Ankles happen. and somtimes they take some time to heel.

nobody is going to judge him based on a sprained ankle in terms of injury history. another torn ACL, or a major hip injury fine, but it hasnt happens so its not thread worthy.

Ankle injuries aren't injuries? Curry missed an entire season because he kept turning his ankle. Deron Williams career turned to complete garbage because of constant sprained ankles. Grant Hill's superstar career was over because of Ankles...

Need I go on?

The point is not the ankle injury, the point is he literally can't play through anything. In 2012 it was groin, hip, and ankle. Now it's ankle. Plenty of players play through these injuries and he has proved that he cant. Is he going to miss a game every time he gets slightly banged up?

goingfor28
11-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Damn bulls fans getting defensive lol. It's a legitimate question.

Bartlee23
11-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Damn bulls fans getting defensive lol. It's a legitimate question.

I don't think it's getting " defensive" I just think there are a lot of really dumb "fans" on here. You don't have to tell any logical Chicago fan that we worry about his health, we're frustrated at what has happened the last couple years but it is what it is. No logical Chicago fan was expecting Rose to come out and score 30 points a game or show even close to the MVP he was but he is young and is putting the effort in to regain who he was even if he never gets there.

Looking back at the first 7 games Chicago is 5-2 and could of very easily won the Cleveland game if it wasn't for some very poor officiating at the end of the game. Look at the teams they played and ask yourself honestly if Rose wasn't 100% healthy to play was there any reason to play him against teams that won't be in the playoffs and have very little to do with what they are trying to accomplish? ( Championship. ..... healthy team??????) I like every Chicago fan want Rose on the floor and playing but could care less if he's sitting out against Orlando, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, most of the East ???????

When the important games come and after the all-star break, I'm sure we'll see Rose on a more consistent basis but until then Chicago fans just have to be patient, understanding and who really cares what anyone else thinks. Rose is good for the game and happy he's on our team.

PowerHouse
11-09-2014, 03:25 AM
Thank goodness Kobe's name is no longer linked with Rose in these "Is he done?" threads.

kozelkid
11-09-2014, 04:37 AM
"Great" is probably a stretch considering they wouldn't even make the Western Conference playoffs.

All I know is that I miss D. Rose. He was so fun to watch at his peak.
Oh please. Yes, we all recognize how great the western conference is, but we don't need the excessive statements like the notion that either of the top two teams in the east (yes, the Cavs will obviously figure it out soon) wouldn't make it in the west.

Chronz
11-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Thank goodness Kobe's name is no longer linked with Rose in these "Is he done?" threads.

Nobody is linked with Rose. Hes in a different category but I would still rather have Rose than Kobe at this point.

effen5
11-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, everything wrong with sport fans summed up in two posts.

Explain..

PowerHouse
11-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Nobody is linked with Rose. Hes in a different category but I would still rather have Rose than Kobe at this point.

I know he isnt mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe anymore, but about a year ago people on this site were mentioning them together left and right about "are these guys done". One name has faded out of these and the other continues to be in them with very good reason.

And to say Im a bit curious why you would choose a benchwarmer wasting a roster spot over a player who actually plays and contributes is an understatement.

72 Wins
11-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Nobody is trolling...

Rose is clearly not the same. I've watched every game and most of the FIBA games. He looks awful. He also looked awful in the games he played in last year. You keep holding out hope that he will help you...

This is a blatant lie or you don't know what you are talking about. My guess is both. Let's break down the NBA games this year that Rose played. He played very well against the Knicks, and also played well against Cleveland until he had to sit out due to the ankle sprains. The last game he played (Milwaukee) he was very tentative and not very aggressive because he physically wasn't able to rely on his inside game. He still showed great court vision, but I'm not surprised he didn't play afterwards.

How about the rest of the players in the NBA that have sat out this past week due to ankle sprains? No team is going to risk further injuring a player when the games right now are completely meaningless. As much as I want Rose to play, I understand the circumstances especially since he's aleady on a minute restriction.

I agree with the other poster who said ignorance is bliss, because it is certainly the case here.

chitownbulls
11-10-2014, 05:02 PM
So can someone explain to me why Thibs and the Bulls organization would force him to play on sprained ankles against Orlando, Philly, and Milwaukee? Seriously, use some logic people. They're not going to force him to play against these crap teams, I'd imagine he will play in all the games on our circus trip, when the teams we play are actually good.

Munkeysuit
11-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Never give up on D Rose, I think this is mostly us fans wanting to see the old Rose back sooner than his body will allow, this is just a shot of reality, a guy thats as banged up as he is, wont ever be back to 100% so soon, theres guna be a period of cobwebs and shaking the rust off.

slaker619
11-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Next Jamaal Timsley

JordansBulls
11-10-2014, 06:54 PM
This is why I wanted Melo on the Bulls, so that if Rose is out it wouldn't matter because a squad of

PG Hinrich or Brooks
SG Butler
SF Melo
PF Gasol
C Noah

is better than what the Bulls have even now unless the Bulls have a 2011 or 2012 version of Rose.

Ezio
11-10-2014, 11:28 PM
wow he sure looked done tonight.

benny01
11-11-2014, 12:07 AM
This is why I wanted Melo on the Bulls, so that if Rose is out it wouldn't matter because a squad of

PG Hinrich or Brooks
SG Butler
SF Melo
PF Gasol
C Noah

is better than what the Bulls have even now unless the Bulls have a 2011 or 2012 version of Rose.

So in your imagination the cap doesn't exist.
I was hoping for a lineup of
Rose
Curry
Melo
Bron
Noah

but Riensdorf is cheap and wouldn't get those guys.

WVNowitzki
11-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Trade him to Phoenix, let them work their magic.

Confusious
11-11-2014, 01:44 AM
It's hilarious how salty Bulls fans get. This forum in general is rather ridiculous.

Rose drops 24 and 8... "HUGE PERFORMANCE BY ROSE!"

LeBron gets 32, 12 and 10... "LOL LECHOKE LEBRICK LESHIT"

:rolleyes:

So in your imagination the cap doesn't exist.
I was hoping for a lineup of
Rose
Curry
Melo
Bron
Noah

but Riensdorf is cheap and wouldn't get those guys.
No. None of those guys besides the ones that already play for Chicago want to come to Chitown. That is a proven FACT. But please, go ahead and educate everybody about how cheap Reinsdorf is.

kingsdelez24
11-11-2014, 01:47 AM
It's hilarious how salty Bulls fans get. This forum in general is rather ridiculous.

Yeah, no. That never happens unless he "makes a mistake"

benny01
11-11-2014, 02:05 AM

No. None of those guys besides the ones that already play for Chicago want to come to Chitown. That is a proven FACT. But please, go ahead and educate everybody about how cheap Reinsdorf is.

Sarcasm, you see Melo and Pau were never going to be here together. Figured you'd know that though being a Bulls or Cavs or Bulls or Cavs fan.

The op just has skewed view of reality.
1. The Bulls couldn't trade DRose if they wanted too, especially if his value is as low the op is saying. Rose is on a super-max deal
2. The Bulls need to be cautious with Rose. He's played like 500 minutes of competitive basketball in 2 1/2 yrs, which is why it shouldn't come as any great shock that he rolled his ankles. The Bull's can't have Rose come back and have another major injury because he had to play against **** teams in November(see above). Then we'd be talking about how stupid the Bulls/Thibs are for playing guys when their hurt. He's still on a minutes restriction for God's sake.
3. Rose is playing pretty well, he's just not playing a ton of minutes. Granted there's a small sample size, but he's actually been pretty efficient on the season. If you've watched him play from summer to now it's pretty clear that he is just shaking off the rust, he seems to be every bit the athlete he was before. In FIBA he was a turnover machine and shot a poor percentage(very) both of which are improving with reps.

I don't know I guess the OP's point is that Rose hasn't played for 2 years, so he pretty much nailed that. Outside of that it's just some dude baiting everybody, and that's pretty rad.

Kyben36
11-11-2014, 02:56 AM

PG Hinrich or Brooks
SG Butler
SF Melo
PF Gasol
C Noah

we would not have gasol and melo dude

Hugbees
11-11-2014, 02:56 AM
ROFL. That literally makes zero sense in this context. Thanks for taking a quote you've heard on TV and repeating it incorrectly.

Actually what's funny is he used it in the right context but accidentally, as it is probably the complete opposite of his actual opinion. If he was trying to say that the Bulls and their fans are ignoring reality in hopes that he will miraculously be the player he once was, instead of coming to the somber conclusion that they may possibly need to move on, then yeah "ignorance is bliss". :D

DaBear
11-11-2014, 04:27 AM
OP is clueless. You don't just trade a former MVP who is still in his prime and showing signs of all star caliber play. Obviously his health is in ?, but he could be the difference between a title or a 2nd round exit. The Bulls need Rose.

As for Rose sitting out, I don't mind it as long as it doesn't become a habit this season. Eventually, Rose is going to have to play consistently down the stretch if he wants to work out his kinks and be ready for the playoffs.

72 Wins
11-11-2014, 12:22 PM

We're not "salty" we are just not going to tolerate these ridiculous threads where people think they are experts after 4 NBA games.

None of these guys want to come to Chicago? LOL! Didn't Gasol pass over a couple of teams to come to Chicago? Lebron and co was planning their Miami super squad so obviously we had no chance there. Melo was certainly not going to pass on the money.

Who's going to come to Cleveland after Lebron is done? LMAO

Kicks For Grits
11-12-2014, 12:28 PM

Where is your Heat ICON from last year?

Jamiecballer
11-12-2014, 01:17 PM
someone remind me how you report a post?

M.I.A.
11-12-2014, 01:27 PM
They should call him Derrick Rose Petals.

Dade County
11-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Who?

Ezio
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Who?

The guy that is not Dwayne Wade

beasted86
11-12-2014, 03:23 PM
When asked how satisfied he is with his game, the former league MVP offered a glimpse into how much his mindset has changed since the injuries have started to pile up.

"I'm good, man," Rose said. "I felt like I've been managing myself pretty good. I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don't understand that ... when I sit out it's not because of this year.

"I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I'm] just learning and being smart."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11860080/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-acknowledges-concerns-long-term-health

My thoughts.... Just retire, dude. I feel like an equal analogy is a construction worker calling in sick due to fear of falling off a scaffold. Body wear is part of competitive sports at the highest level under a long sustained career. If this was a legitimate concern he shouldn't be committing to long term contracts.

I've never been against any decision he's made to sit out until reading this quote. This is simply ridiculous. I'm hoping he clarifies this subject again in the next few days.

jp611
11-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah!!!! Screw him for wanting a pain-free life after basketball!!

Any logical Bulls fan is happy that Derrick is finally thinking big picture. Dude used to play every game like it was his last. Now he knows if he wants to win a ring, it's better to be safe w/ his injury concerns.

goingfor28
11-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Lol

diu9leilomo
11-12-2014, 03:32 PM
he should just change his role, come off the bench and play 15-20min or so, learn to be a sixth man or something

Stunner
11-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Any logical Bulls fan is happy that Derrick is finally thinking big picture. Dude used to play every game like it was his last. Now he knows if he wants to win a ring, it's better to be safe w/ his injury concerns.

This

nycericanguy
11-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I mean I'm sure a lot of players in all sports fear having pains when their careers are over... and a lot do.

That being said, that's a big part of the reason these guys get paid so much. Seems Rose is getting special treatment to take games off whenever he wants... If you don't want your body to take the rigors of an NBA season, they yes, retire... because it comes with the territory and he shouldn't be getting special treatment while still making more than anyone on the team.

I wonder how his teammates feel about this... I'd like to see Rose tell Noah that he's sitting out because he doesn't want to be sore... Noah has laid everything on the court every game even when he's been clearly hurting.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Yes, exactly... screw him and that idiotic mindset when he signed a long term contract which was a commitment to play basketball.

This editor from the Chicago Tribune puts it best:

Thing is, it’s not just that the statement is idiotic, it’s that he apparently believes it. It’s galling and stupid, and Rose doesn’t seem smart enough to understand why.

The Bulls are trying to win a title and gave him a $95 million contract toward that end. And they get that horsebleep?

Rose’s teammates ought to be (ticked) at that attitude and now face questions about it after they’ve spent more time trying to win a title without Rose than with him.

Kirk Hinrich seems like he regularly plays in a body cast.

Joakim Noah is out of good feet and seems to be running out of good knees, too.

Remember when Nate Robinson threw up on the bench during a playoff game that did not include Rose?

And didn’t Luol Deng land in the hospital and still want to suit up in the postseason?

They played -- and still play -- at less than full health because that’s the job. It’s Rose’s job, too. Or at least, we thought it was.

News has come, however, that Rose’s endeavors after he’s done playing for the Bulls under a contract that devours 30 percent of the team’s salary cap apparently take precedence over his willingness to play for the Bulls on any given night.

I guess our next big moment goes something like this: “Sorry, Thibs. Can’t go tonight. I want to be ready to shake hands with sneaker people in 2027.’’
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bulls-derrick-rose-comments-20141112-column.html

72 Wins
11-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Rose needs to stop talking. Agreed the comments were stupid. How did he not know he was going to get heat for this?

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Lmao not exactly sure where the OP got the title from

Max Power
11-12-2014, 03:56 PM
He needs to stop listening to his handlers, posse, Reggie, etc. Even if you feel this way, you don't say it when you're getting paid $ 17 mil to, you know, play games. He's a hell of a talent but dumber than stump.

Captain Moroni
11-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Rose was best when he was a reckless ball of energy driving fearlessly to the rack. Unfortunately those days are gone but he is getting paid off of what he used to be.
Fans just need to accept that DRose is not the same player he once was.

Bruno
11-12-2014, 03:57 PM
wise. for him and his long term ability to help the Bulls.

the 82 regular season is childs play. all the best ballers know how to pace themselves for the playoffs. he has an excellent back up in Brooks, and a great contender around him. they don't need him killing himself in the regular season, it's pointless.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Lmao not exactly sure where the OP got the title from

So what's your synopsis title for those quotes? I have a feeling it's going to have more dressing than 1000 Islands.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Rest then knees and collect that cake brah!

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 04:01 PM
So what's your synopsis title for those quotes? I have a feeling it's going to have more dressing than 1000 Islands.

For one, nothing to do with knees

lamzoka
11-12-2014, 04:06 PM
What a joke...
We dont know any NBA players who have health issues post retirement due to playing basketball. I'd understand if dude was having concussions and shÎt, but ankle sprains and knee problems?

Bulls fans should be disgusted with this guy, I wonder if he washurt the whole time he sat out the last 2 years.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 04:07 PM
For one, nothing to do with knees

So it's either dump a ton of dressing on top or avoid the question altogether. Nice.

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 04:09 PM
So it's either dump a ton of dressing on top or avoid the question altogether. Nice.

You asked what I'd change, and I'd def. take the word 'knees' out of the title. How is that avoiding the question? And nice job not even copping up to the fact that you inserted that word in there with no basis from the quotes.

jp611
I read nothing about "knee pain" lmao.

InRoseWeTrust
What a joke...
We dont know any NBA players who have health issues post retirement due to playing basketball. I'd understand if dude was having concussions and shÎt, but ankle sprains and knee problems?

Bulls fans should be disgusted with this guy, I wonder if he washurt the whole time he sat out the last 2 years.

You're right. I'm sure then torn ACL and meniscus were probably elaborate ruses so he could wear designer suits.

albertajaysfan
11-12-2014, 04:12 PM

the 82 regular season is childs play. all the best ballers know how to pace themselves for the playoffs. he has an excellent back up in Brooks, and a great contender around him. they don't need him killing himself in the regular season, it's pointless.

He can't help them dressed in street clothes.

I could support him saying something along the lines of: I need to change my game so that I can stay on the court to help my team win games.

Not I need to take games off so that I don't have pain sitting in meetings and playing with my kids after my playing days are over. With that attitude those days are going to come sooner rather then later.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2014, 04:16 PM
I see all sides honestly. The Bulls are probably ok with this because it can help the longevity of his career. Rose sees that as well, in addition to post basketball life. Fans see a player making $230,000 per game just deciding to take the night off, when damaging your body is part of why you get paid that money.

I really don't know where I stand on this. I just find it sad that we probably missed out on what could have been an amazing career by Rose. Hopefully we still get a good one...

Stunner
11-12-2014, 04:17 PM

Lmao

Hawkeye15
11-12-2014, 04:17 PM

I could support him saying something along the lines of: I need to change my game so that I can stay on the court to help my team win games.

Not I need to take games off so that I don't have pain sitting in meetings and playing with my kids after my playing days are over. With that attitude those days are going to come sooner rather then later.

that part does bother me some. Imagine every NFL player waking up today, and reading that Rose took the game off because he wants to be pain free post career, and he is making $18.8 million this year, and more the next 2. They are laughing at Rose right now..

Bruno
11-12-2014, 04:20 PM
I'd argue he could. he can give Brooks guidance and keep his team motivated. Especially if it's just everyone once in a while, and they're use to seeing him on the court. where he 100% can't help them at all is if he's retired due to another major injury.

I could support him saying something along the lines of: I need to change my game so that I can stay on the court to help my team win games. fair point, but it's probably a lot easier said than done.

They probably will. the guys been on and off of crutches for years, he's given the Bulls everything he has. i don't have a single issue with what he said, although he could have avoided the backlash had he just said, "I'm pacing my body for the post-season". That wouldn't be any different than what Pop does with Parker in San Antonio. that model has proven to work. first they laughed, then they fought it, now everyone agrees that it's brilliant and the best way to pace a team. it's about playoffs.

Dade County
11-12-2014, 04:23 PM
The guy that is not Dwayne Wade

halleluyah!

When all is send and done, D Wade will be regraded as the most important person that came out of that 2003 draft.

5 championship appearances, 3 titles, & more to come :)... Wade = Championship Gravity...

Oh and he's also born in Chicago... I know some bulls fans in their heart of hearts, wished they had this Chicago born and bred player then the one they have now.

TylerSL
11-12-2014, 04:30 PM
As long as he is the best player of the team, the Chicago Bulls will continue invest in him, as they should. However if another super star player comes along in the next couple years he would quickly become expendable if he cannot or does not stay on the court. As good and as tough as the Chicago Bulls are they cannot win anything without Derrick Rose as they are currently constructed. They will not be able to make it out of the 2nd round. It's going to be tough for Rose this year, this is really the first time he has played full time in 3+ years.

Since Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2011, Derrick Rose has played a total of 54 games in the last 42 months (May 2011-November 2014), and only 14 in the last 31 months (April 2012-November 2014). Expecting him to just come back this year and play 75-80 games and not deal with nagging injuries throughout the season was completely unreasonable. I have mentioned before that I believe Rose will have to get used to playing everyday for 8+ months again and will deal with nagging injuries all season because his body will not be used to the everyday wear and tear of a regular season after being out for over 2 years. That doesn't mean he won't get back to that level, just it wont happen in his first year back. I believe if Rose plays 50-55 games this year, that should be seen as a good thing.

Having him for even that many games would pay dividends for the Bulls in the regular season, if they could go realistically something like 38-14 with Rose and 18-12 without him, that would still make them a 56-26 team by the end of the season. If Rose can play that many games as well as have a postseason run this year that would be the best case scenario for him and the Bulls IMO. If he can handle that then by next season he could be ready for a full season next year and beyond. On the other end, if Rose sustains another huge injury that puts him back on the shelf then the Bulls need to think about who should be the face of their organization. I'm not saying they should get rid of Derrick Rose, but they shouldn't pin their hopes on him and the narrative should no longer be "if Derrick Rose is healthy". They should look to build their team around someone else.

But all of this is jumping way ahead. Rose has to be taken game by game right now, ease his way back into playing everyday and it's still going to be a really long road. As long as he can build habits, not suffer another season ending injury, and be on the court in the playoffs then the Bulls should be just fine. If not, then and only then should the Bulls make a decision about Rose and what part he plays in their future.

Heatcheck
11-12-2014, 04:39 PM
my problem with his comments is that hes basically telling you he's damaged goods. I think his reliance on quickness and making sudden changes in direction, like Williams, and westbrook(although theyre both better shooters) is preventing him from ever truly healing, and the fact that he has another leg issue, leads me to believe, he was shifting weight and pressure off the knee, as one usually does, and injured another body part (as one usually does). Maybe if he had different moves to go to, he could heal better.

Bruno
11-12-2014, 04:40 PM
my problem with his comments is that hes basically telling you he's damaged goods. I think his reliance on quickness and making sudden changes in direction, like Williams, and westbrook(although theyre both better shooters) is preventing him from ever truly healing, and the fact that he has another leg issue, leads me to believe, he was shifting weight and pressure off the knee, as one usually does, and injured another body part (as one usually does). Maybe if he had different moves to go to, he could heal better.

but when was he supposed to develop those? he's been off the court for two years. this will be a process. he didn't need old man game as a 23 year old MVP, I can't blame him for not yet developing that part of his game as a 23 year old pre-injury.

Stunner
11-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Rose mentality on Monday didn't match his comments the next day . It's best everyone just watch him play

Snakeyestx
11-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Keep milkin' dat pay day bro.

I used to think D-Rose was "the next Brandon Roy" ... a guy with talent who's body kept letting him down, but the longer this façade continues, the more it smells like he's part of the "Andrew Bynum scrub-club" instead.

You Rose fans have put up with this garbage for far too long for far little return - and to be this naïve after this long is a testament to how blind you poor guys are to what's happening to your team.

Russell Westbrook is equally, if not better than Rose is, and just watching his last 2-3 seasons proves he's more Brandon Roy (a talent, plagued with injuries but a fire to play) than Rose would ever be.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 04:44 PM
You asked what I'd change, and I'd def. take the word 'knees' out of the title. How is that avoiding the question? And nice job not even copping up to the fact that you inserted that word in there with no basis from the quotes.
Yes, I included the word knee when he did not specify a body part. That said, why not just come out and say that like this poster below rather than speaking in code like a teenage girl?

Yes, my bad, should just say pain in the title. If any mod reads this please change it.

D-Leethal
11-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Sports fans really need to stop the fine-tooth micro analysis into the words of uneducated athletes. Thinking long term is a good thing, the way he worded it is stupid as hell. Nothing to see here...

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Yes, I included the word knee when he did not specify a body part. That said, why not just come out and say that like this poster below rather than speaking in code like a teenage girl?

Yes, my bad, should just say pain in the title. If any mod reads this please change it.

Ummmm...you'll have to let me know where I was "speaking in code" if you actually expect a response to that question.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
I understand where D Rose is coming from but he has to be smarter than that. Keep that to yourself man. He already has plenty of haters doubting his heart because of the last two seasons. Now this is just more fuel for the fire.

He's ballin on the court though, that's all that really matters. It's a long season I don't mind him being smart, it's actually better for the Bulls....

Jeffy25
11-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I guess he's just going to wait to play in 2016-2017 his contract year

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Sports fans really need to stop the fine-tooth micro analysis into the words of uneducated athletes. Thinking long term is a good thing, the way he worded it is stupid as hell. Nothing to see here...

I understand where D Rose is coming from but he has to be smarter than that. Keep that to yourself man. He already has plenty of haters doubting his heart because of the last two seasons. Now this is just more fuel for the fire.

He's ballin on the court though, that's all that really matters. It's a long season I don't mind him being smart, it's actually better for the Bulls....

These are two great posts that pretty much sum up my view of the situation entirely. Derrick should never have said what he said, but he's awful from a PR-perspective. He clearly is not sitting out games when healthy, as his play against Milwaukee confirmed. That being said, he has looked damn good on the court this year when nearish to 100%. I'm hoping he can keep it up.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-12-2014, 04:56 PM
As long as he is the best player of the team, the Chicago Bulls will continue invest in him, as they should. However if another super star player comes along in the next couple years he would quickly become expendable if he cannot or does not stay on the court. As good and as tough as the Chicago Bulls are they cannot win anything without Derrick Rose as they are currently constructed. They will not be able to make it out of the 2nd round. It's going to be tough for Rose this year, this is really the first time he has played full time in 3+ years.

Since Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2011, Derrick Rose has played a total of 54 games in the last 42 months (May 2011-November 2014), and only 14 in the last 31 months (April 2012-November 2014). Expecting him to just come back this year and play 75-80 games and not deal with nagging injuries throughout the season was completely unreasonable. I have mentioned before that I believe Rose will have to get used to playing everyday for 8+ months again and will deal with nagging injuries all season because his body will not be used to the everyday wear and tear of a regular season after being out for over 2 years. That doesn't mean he won't get back to that level, just it wont happen in his first year back. I believe if Rose plays 50-55 games this year, that should be seen as a good thing.

Having him for even that many games would pay dividends for the Bulls in the regular season, if they could go realistically something like 38-14 with Rose and 18-12 without him, that would still make them a 56-26 team by the end of the season. If Rose can play that many games as well as have a postseason run this year that would be the best case scenario for him and the Bulls IMO. If he can handle that then by next season he could be ready for a full season next year and beyond. On the other end, if Rose sustains another huge injury that puts him back on the shelf then the Bulls need to think about who should be the face of their organization. I'm not saying they should get rid of Derrick Rose, but they shouldn't pin their hopes on him and the narrative should no longer be "if Derrick Rose is healthy". They should look to build their team around someone else.

But all of this is jumping way ahead. Rose has to be taken game by game right now, ease his way back into playing everyday and it's still going to be a really long road. As long as he can build habits, not suffer another season ending injury, and be on the court in the playoffs then the Bulls should be just fine. If not, then and only then should the Bulls make a decision about Rose and what part he plays in their future.

Heat fans learned how to write reasonable posts after Lebron left. *thumbs up*

goingfor28
11-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Yes, exactly... screw him and that idiotic mindset when he signed a long term contract which was a commitment to play basketball.

This editor from the Chicago Tribune puts it best:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bulls-derrick-rose-comments-20141112-column.html
Perfectly put. I get it, but it's orthotic he signed that huge deal and now doesn't play sometimes bc of his post basketball career. He should pay the Bulls back a lot of that money, or to the guys who actually care enough to play every night.

SportsFanatic10
11-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Rose mentality on Monday didn't match his comments the next day . It's best everyone just watch him play

well isn't watching him play the problem, since you know...he's not always playing. Admittedly due to post retirement pain concerns. other players are assured of post career aches and pains with the way they've played hard and through pain and injury to earn their money, so it's not a good look for rose to say this regardless. it sorta comes with the job and is the cost of playing a game for an amazing living.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I respect that.

Family > Basketball. Every time.

It's only a game.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
If only the Bulls could convince some guys to "come home" during free agency like... I don't know... Anthony Davis?

Hawkeye15
11-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I respect that.

It's only a game.

right, but a game that he gets paid $230,000 everytime he plays, or doesn't. Like I said earlier in this thread, I can understand all sides here. As an owner/fan, you would think a guy understands that the totally insane amount of money Rose makes, should be worth him damaging his body. That is part of professional sports. Do NFL players, or MMA fighters care about their future health? Sure, but they understand in their sports, getting hurt is a guarantee. Basketball players should be no different.

But I understand from Rose's side, and his team might be onboard because they will get him longer if he takes a game off here and there, or some time off.

Just an unfortunate deal all around. But nobody should get upset with a person making what Rose does by the end of the 1st quarter in their entire year, if they are calling out a pro athlete because he has some discomfort.

Speaking of family comes first, I think Rose's $200 million plus he will make in salary and endorsements will help his family just fine, for generations to come...

Kaner
11-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I thought Rose's comments were really frustrating. If he'd have stopped at
"I'm good, man," Rose said. "I felt like I've been managing myself pretty good. I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don't understand that ... when I sit out it's not because of this year." then I'd get it, sustained health through his career is alot more important then a game against Philly in November. It was when he elaborated on his problem and example's that really irked me. He didn't say he wanted to play through a long career or be able to live normally post basketball. He kept saying how he didn't want to be 'sore' when his basketball career's over. Well every player in the NBA goes through sustained pain and many of them will have issue's after they retire, it's a part of the job when you're playing a sport at it's highest level for over a decade or even if you just work a regular blue collar job. My issue with this feels exasperated when compared with the other high character guys the Bulls have put around him all playing through pain seemingly every other week.

sens#11fan
11-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Keep milkin' dat pay day bro.

I used to think D-Rose was "the next Brandon Roy" ... a guy with talent who's body kept letting him down, but the longer this façade continues, the more it smells like he's part of the "Andrew Bynum scrub-club" instead.

You Rose fans have put up with this garbage for far too long for far little return - and to be this naïve after this long is a testament to how blind you poor guys are to what's happening to your team.

Russell Westbrook is equally, if not better than Rose is, and just watching his last 2-3 seasons proves he's more Brandon Roy (a talent, plagued with injuries but a fire to play) than Rose would ever be.

Wouldn't necessarily say Westbrook is injury prone, which I assume your trying to say by comparing him to Roy. He has only had 2 injuries in his whole basketball career (middle school to NBA), and both weren't because of his aggressive play, just freak accidents. He got 3 surgeries last year, because they didn't do the surgery properly. Other than that I agree, he plays every game like its his last and gives it all on the line.

sens#11fan
11-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I respect that.

It's only a game.

True, but he needs to take a paycut then.

Stunner
11-12-2014, 05:12 PM
well isn't watching him play the problem, since you know...he's not always playing. Admittedly due to post retirement pain concerns. other players are assured of post career aches and pains with the way they've played hard and through pain and injury to earn their money, so it's not a good look for rose to say this regardless. it sorta comes with the job and is the cost of playing a game for an amazing living.

It might not be a good look but I honestly don't care tbh . The tone people are making it out to be is that Rose has quit on his team and when I watch him play I don't see that . He just didn't choose his words correctly but I'm glad he's one of the few honest players in the league that has the balls to say it . No matter how stupid it makes him look his heart is in the right place . If it was up to derrick he just want to play ball . Skip Bayless pissed me off what what he tweeted about Rose today eventhough he never liked him in the first place ,

More-Than-Most
11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
I respect that.

It's only a game.

So to hell with all the fans that work their *** off for much less to see this guy and this team at their best? If he wants to be about his family and the safe route he needs to retire.... Its not just a game... its a multibillion dollar business and a Job.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
that part does bother me some. Imagine every NFL player waking up today, and reading that Rose took the game off because he wants to be pain free post career, and he is making $18.8 million this year, and more the next 2. They are laughing at Rose right now..

Imagine if all 15 players woke up and decided they wanted to sit to post their career

Stunner
11-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Well he can't , this isn't the NFL . Rose earned his contract and he didn't wish to be injured the last two years . He took a paycut actually when he signed his contract but if he stats healthy until his contract is up I'm sure they will work another friendly deal if they choose to stay together .

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 05:15 PM
I respect that.

It's only a game.

If it's just a game, forfeit that paycheck as well

Stunner
11-12-2014, 05:18 PM
You guys are acting that Rose sat when he was 100% healthy ..... He sat to heal up two sprained ankles and then he retweaked it in the bucks game he forced himself to play him . If you watched that game he wasn't the same player he showed this passed Monday night . It's just the beginning of November vs bottom feeding teams . Rose said if the games were important enough he would hand roughed it out and played . Bulls have a circus road trip coming up , I rather him play those games than games vs Philly / Orl / Mil / Bos

lamzoka
11-12-2014, 05:18 PM
I respect that.

It's only a game.

What NBA player do you know that have health issues post-retirement so bad that he can't take care of his family or whatever "Family > Basketball" means?

This is not NFL, Boxing etc... Life threatning injuring in basketball is almost unheard of. Worst thing that could happen to him is a Brandon Roy type of situation where he can no longer play ball, but its not like he'd be in a wheelchair.

Dude and his family are set for life because of basketball. He needs to stop milking the bulls and play ball or give them back their money for whatever days he takes off.

Stunner
11-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Gotta love the fans

WaDe03
11-12-2014, 05:19 PM
He's "done" man he's "washed"! Any player that sits out a game should just retire. Even if he averages somewhere around 20-5-5 on 55% shooting this year he still sucks and should just retire.

At least that's the way people see it now for some reason.

FlashBolt
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
you guys are completely misreading his reply. He never said this was about his basketball career. He said he didn't want to endanger himself physically AFTER NBA. Meaning, he has a fear of getting hurt again and will take extra precautions to persevere his role on the team. But guess what? You're paid to play sports. That's like saying "I want to be the best boxer, but I don't want to get hurt if I do box." That doesn't make sense. Unless you're Floyd Mayweather (who has been hit despite being arguably one of the greatest defensive boxers ever), you're not going to get that kind of treatment. Rose is just mentally weak. We know he's not a bright individual due to him having the nerve to pay someone to take the SAT's for him. It's become more evident that Rose is still fearful of his career. I'm inclined to believe that Rose knows he'll never be 100%. How much longer does this guy need? We get that you're hurt/injured. But, stop pretending that you're going through another ACL injury. That was two fricking years ago. If you know you're never going to be 100%, just spit it out and stop leading everyone to this nonsense. Kobe Bryant would scoff at this kid. He expects to get paid handsomely so he can sit in the bench and choose when he wants to play? I can guarantee, if this was LeBron or Kobe saying this, then the sports world would blow up immediately. I get that Rose has a quiet personality and thus, many of you can relate to him... but c'mon. Enough is enough. Either you can play, or you can't. At least a positive thing is that Jimmy Butler is going to be an All-Star and IMO, is the second best Bulls player behind Noah. I only hope this Bulls team doesn't quit on Rose.. despite them giving him more than enough time to recover. If that wasn't enough, he has the nerve to basically imprint, "Basketball isn't everything and my family means more." Of course this is true.. but when you're being paid $100,000,000 contracts on top of endorsements, you'd better rethink what you say. How many of us would love to decide when to play but also get paid? What a joke!

lamzoka
11-12-2014, 05:23 PM
You guys are acting that Rose sat when he was 100% healthy ..... He sat to heal up two sprained ankles and then he retweaked it in the bucks game he forced himself to play him . If you watched that game he wasn't the same player he showed this passed Monday night . It's just the beginning of November vs bottom feeding teams . Rose said if the games were important enough he would hand roughed it out and played . Bulls have a circus road trip coming up , I rather him play those games than games vs Philly / Orl / Mil / Bos

How do we know he wasn't 100% healthy, but just decided to sit out the rest of the season due to concerns about post-retirement?

Big Zo
11-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Exactly what "Meetings" is he planning to attend after he retires? AA?

benny01
11-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Rose isn't a very bright guy and not especially well spoken, which is all this is. Considering Rose said he'd have played if these games mattered, it's a non-issue. It's a sign of maturity when young players begin to look at their careers and lives years from now. It doesn't make sense for guy coming off of two major knee injuries to play on bad ankles in meaningless games. He shouldn't play unless he's 100% until the all star break.
If he wants to protect his body and be able to walk in 15 yrs. great, then he'll still be playing at a high level in ten. I can sympathize with a guy not wanting to be Wade or Garnett rolling around in a wheelchair, because they didn't feel they had to make it go against Orlando in November.

benny01
11-12-2014, 05:39 PM
you guys are completely misreading his reply. He never said this was about his basketball career. He said he didn't want to endanger himself physically AFTER NBA. Meaning, he has a fear of getting hurt again and will take extra precautions to persevere his role on the team. But guess what? You're paid to play sports. That's like saying "I want to be the best boxer, but I don't want to get hurt if I do box." That doesn't make sense. Unless you're Floyd Mayweather (who has been hit despite being arguably one of the greatest defensive boxers ever), you're not going to get that kind of treatment. Rose is just mentally weak. We know he's not a bright individual due to him having the nerve to pay someone to take the SAT's for him. It's become more evident that Rose is still fearful of his career. I'm inclined to believe that Rose knows he'll never be 100%. How much longer does this guy need? We get that you're hurt/injured. But, stop pretending that you're going through another ACL injury. That was two fricking years ago. If you know you're never going to be 100%, just spit it out and stop leading everyone to this nonsense. Kobe Bryant would scoff at this kid. He expects to get paid handsomely so he can sit in the bench and choose when he wants to play? I can guarantee, if this was LeBron or Kobe saying this, then the sports world would blow up immediately. I get that Rose has a quiet personality and thus, many of you can relate to him... but c'mon. Enough is enough. Either you can play, or you can't. At least a positive thing is that Jimmy Butler is going to be an All-Star and IMO, is the second best Bulls player behind Noah. I only hope this Bulls team doesn't quit on Rose.. despite them giving him more than enough time to recover. If that wasn't enough, he has the nerve to basically imprint, "Basketball isn't everything and my family means more." Of course this is true.. but when you're being paid $100,000,000 contracts on top of endorsements, you'd better rethink what you say. How many of us would love to decide when to play but also get paid? What a joke!
No he's like a boxer saying I don't think I should fight with a concussion, because I'd like to write my name when I retire. He's coming off of two knee injuries, and saying I don't want to play on sprained ankles for fear that I'll have another major knee injury that could cripple me. Again, to play in meaningless games in November.

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Rose is not about to be the next Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill. He's physically being smart, he just has to be smarter from a PR perspective. When you make that type of money and people feel like you didn't "earn" it, that always attracts negativity.

Which is total BS anyway because D Rose makes the Bulls and the NBA all kind of money but that's another topic.....

Ariza's Better
11-12-2014, 05:47 PM
This. It's a long season. It's not like he is sitting games out in the playoffs.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 05:49 PM
So to hell with all the fans that work their *** off for much less to see this guy and this team at their best? If he wants to be about his family and the safe route he needs to retire.... Its not just a game... its a multibillion dollar business and a Job.

The fans need to separate the game from real life. You're not a part of a team any more than you're a part of a movie when you go to a cinema. You're a spectator, a consumer, a walking wad of dollar bills. No matter how connected you feel to a team, they have no idea you exist and if you weren't spending money on their merch and tickets etc, they wouldn't give a damn about you. Fans get too carried away with this stuff. Rose has to do what is right for his family, as a man, how could he not?

If it's just a game, forfeit that paycheck as well

Would you? I wouldn't. He doesn't need to forfeit anything, he has a binding contract. If you want to blame someone blame either the owners/GMs for throwing money around or the consumers/fans for buying ludicrously overpriced tickets and merch allowing the market to get insane and growing these franchises exponentially to the point where they can now hand out money like this to players.

Hypothetical; If someone came into your work and offered you $60,000,000 would you turn it down? Would you never take a sick day? Would you put your work before your family?

At the end of the day having "Rose" printed on the back of a Chicago jersey or All Star jersey is probably making the franchise more money than they're paying out to him. He had the 4th highest selling jersey last year behind Lebron, Durant and Kobe... and he barely played all season.

What NBA player do you know that have health issues post-retirement so bad that he can't take care of his family or whatever "Family > Basketball" means?

This is not NFL, Boxing etc... Life threatning injuring in basketball is almost unheard of. Worst thing that could happen to him is a Brandon Roy type of situation where he can no longer play ball, but its not like he'd be in a wheelchair.

Dude and his family are set for life because of basketball. He needs to stop milking the bulls and play ball or give them back their money for whatever days he takes off.

Maybe he wants to play basketball with his sons and teach them? Can't do that if you can't work out properly due to severe damage to your legs. Maybe he doesn't want to be "sore" when trying to play with his kids etc. I don't know, all I know is, Family > Basketball. It's just a game, it's not important. He's got to do what is right for him and his family.

And they're only set for life depending on what sort of life style they live. If they live in a mansion with a lavish life style the money won't last as long as it would living in a four bedroom house in the burbs etc. Sixty percent of former NBA players are broke within five years of retirement. Fact.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Well he can't , this isn't the NFL . Rose earned his contract and he didn't wish to be injured the last two years . He took a paycut actually when he signed his contract but if he stats healthy until his contract is up I'm sure they will work another friendly deal if they choose to stay together .
On what planet did he take a paycut when he signed for the max... or make that the "Derrick Rose Rule" max, actually?

Ty22Mitchell
11-12-2014, 05:54 PM
This is tough because I can see it both ways. I'm sure we all have people at our jobs who could either put more effort in or not take their job so seriously. I understand it from Derrick`s perspective, but I also get why a teammate or fan would be mad.

WaDe03
11-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Rose sits out games at 26 years old, "it's ok he's just being smart hell play in the big games and playoffs for sure."

Wade sits out games at 32 years old, "he's trash, he needs to retire he's just an old washed up shell of his former self."

Y'all crack me up!

Ezio
11-12-2014, 05:57 PM
If only the Bulls could convince some guys to "come home" during free agency like... I don't know... Anthony Davis?

That kid up north wants to be a Bull in some point of his career ;)

Goose17
11-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Rose sits out games at 26 years old, "it's ok he's just being smart hell play in the big games and playoffs for sure."

Wade sits out games at 32 years old, "he's trash, he needs to retire he's just an old washed up shell of his former self."

Y'all crack me up!

You think Wade is as good now as he was when he was 26?

lamzoka
11-12-2014, 06:00 PM

When was the last time Rose played a playoffs game?

Bartlee23
11-12-2014, 06:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11860080/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-acknowledges-concerns-long-term-health

My thoughts.... Just retire, dude. I feel like an equal analogy is a construction worker calling in sick due to fear of falling off a scaffold. Body wear is part of competitive sports at the highest level under a long sustained career. If this was a legitimate concern he shouldn't be committing to long term contracts.

I've never been against any decision he's made to sit out until reading this quote. This is simply ridiculous. I'm hoping he clarifies this subject again in the next few days.

This is why everyone hates Miami fans and are glad Lebald left ( you are not winning ANYTHING for a LONG time !!!! ) How can you even talk when your boy Wade sits out like every other game?

I'll admit it probably wasn't the smartest thing for Rose to say but at least the guy is honest I mean look how much he's gone through in just a couple of years. Most people would of gave up and have. Do you honesty believe he just doesn't want to play?

Actually it benefits our team greatly because we don't even need him against Orlando, Philly, etc because we're going to win those games without him and free up valuable minutes for other players. But I guess you just don't get it?

Well it must suck to be a Miami fan now that the bandwagoneers are gone and the 3 fans you have left have nothing better to do than " attempt " to find logic in something you couldn't possibly comprehend.

Go Heat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamzoka
11-12-2014, 06:04 PM
You think Wade is as good now as he was when he was 26?

Factoring health and everything
Today's Wade > Today's Rose

Stunner
11-12-2014, 06:06 PM
On what planet did he take a paycut when he signed for the max... or make that the "Derrick Rose Rule" max, actually?

Rose was actually suppose to be near 22-25 million and all of the years on his contract . He's only making almost 19 million a year .

RCarlson85
11-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Rose is a complete idiot. It's a good thing he didn't have to rely on being smart to make a living. The article I read before seeing this topic had a title that mentioned he's thinking long-term. When I first read that I thought maybe he was referring to taking some games off in order to stay healthy all season and through the playoffs. Boy was I wrong. He's not playing games now because he's worried about not being able to sit in meetings and go to graduation AFTER he retires. I would be livid if I were a fan of Rose or the Bulls. What a waste of money he's turning out to be. The Bulls are already a solid team even without him but think if they could use the money that's being wasted on him to bring in another star player or multiple players.

Max Power
11-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Exactly what "Meetings" is he planning to attend after he retires? AA?

SAT prep classes?

SportsFanatic10
11-12-2014, 06:13 PM
This is why everyone hates Miami fans and are glad Lebald left ( you are not winning ANYTHING for a LONG time !!!! ) How can you even talk when your boy Wade sits out like every other game?

I'll admit it probably wasn't the smartest thing for Rose to say but at least the guy is honest I mean look how much he's gone through in just a couple of years. Most people would of gave up and have. Do you honesty believe he just doesn't want to play?

Actually it benefits our team greatly because we don't even need him against Orlando, Philly, etc because we're going to win those games without him and free up valuable minutes for other players. But I guess you just don't get it?

Well it must suck to be a Miami fan now that the bandwagoneers are gone and the 3 fans you have left have nothing better to do than " attempt " to find logic in something you couldn't possibly comprehend.

Go Heat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wade's case is completely different. wade has paid his dues and brought a championship even before lebron. wade has chronic knee pain and is 32, he's already guaranteed to have post retirement pain after a full career playing without a meniscus. wade didn't even like the maintenance plan last season it was something the coaches and training staff approached him with and asked for his cooperation with it to save him for the playoffs. he never talked about sitting to better his retirement plans. and this year he has dedicated himself to being on the court as much as possible and that's after taking a 11 million dollar pay cut.

as for the heat not winning anything for a long time, well thanks for your opinion. miami is one of the well run organizations in the league and their time will come again. i'm not so sure the bulls will ever win a title with rose at this point. especially with lebron and the cavs in the way, and then a strong western conference that will be sure to produce a tough finals opponent.

FlashBolt
11-12-2014, 06:19 PM
No he's like a boxer saying I don't think I should fight with a concussion, because I'd like to write my name when I retire. He's coming off of two knee injuries, and saying I don't want to play on sprained ankles for fear that I'll have another major knee injury that could cripple me. Again, to play in meaningless games in November.

So, maybe he and his team shouldn't have been running around saying "Rose will be 100%, etc." and all that nonsense. Don't tell people you're ready to play and then sit out the next game.. and the game after that. Then you show up for ONE game, and you're inactive for the next three games. It's a pattern. He did this in FIBA, he's doing it again. The guy doesn't have the capacity to play consecutively. He just doesn't want to admit it and would much rather continue wasting everyone's time. That ankle injury didn't even look all that serious. He managed to walk it off virtually, alone. Tired of people making excuses for him. One day it's his knee. The next it's how sore he feels. The next, he has an ankle injury that keeps him out for four games. Let's see what his next excuse is.. "Lights too bright."

Rose is not about to be the next Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill. He's physically being smart, he just has to be smarter from a PR perspective. When you make that type of money and people feel like you didn't "earn" it, that always attracts negativity.

Which is total BS anyway because D Rose makes the Bulls and the NBA all kind of money but that's another topic.....

I think he is smart. Would he be playing if you told him that his salary is contingent on whether or not he shows up to play? Yes! Look, even Thibs said it.. If Rose can play, he will play. It's not that way anymore. It's become evident that Rose decides when he wants to play. This can be proven by the fact that Thibs makes his players work hard. I'm sorry but the right thing for Rose to do is to stay shut and admit that he needs more time off. Stop stalling back and forth leading everyone on. All these Bulls fans are lucky, regardless. They don't need Rose. Your team is incredibly strong without Rose. Just imagine if you get Rose out of the books and signed a player willing to actually put his body on the line.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 06:19 PM

I'm saying, Wade is a shell of himself. I don't see how that's debatable. He's not anywhere close to the player he used to be.

Still a good player. But not who he used to be.

Not talking about Rose, don't care for that comparison. Just the guy inferred that Wade isn't a shell of his former self.

Bruno
11-12-2014, 06:21 PM

that's my point. if he plays 82 games and gets injured on the 82nd game, the season goes down as a failure.

if he plays 55 games, and the Bulls make it to the finals or win because he's healthy in April, May and June, its a great success story.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
The fans need to separate the game from real life. You're not a part of a team any more than you're a part of a movie when you go to a cinema. You're a spectator, a consumer, a walking wad of dollar bills. No matter how connected you feel to a team, they have no idea you exist and if you weren't spending money on their merch and tickets etc, they wouldn't give a damn about you. Fans get too carried away with this stuff. Rose has to do what is right for his family, as a man, how could he not?

Would you? I wouldn't. He doesn't need to forfeit anything, he has a binding contract. If you want to blame someone blame either the owners/GMs for throwing money around or the consumers/fans for buying ludicrously overpriced tickets and merch allowing the market to get insane and growing these franchises exponentially to the point where they can now hand out money like this to players.

Hypothetical; If someone came into your work and offered you $60,000,000 would you turn it down? Would you never take a sick day? Would you put your work before your family?

At the end of the day having "Rose" printed on the back of a Chicago jersey or All Star jersey is probably making the franchise more money than they're paying out to him. He had the 4th highest selling jersey last year behind Lebron, Durant and Kobe... and he barely played all season.

Maybe he wants to play basketball with his sons and teach them? Can't do that if you can't work out properly due to severe damage to your legs. Maybe he doesn't want to be "sore" when trying to play with his kids etc. I don't know, all I know is, Family > Basketball. It's just a game, it's not important. He's got to do what is right for him and his family.

And they're only set for life depending on what sort of life style they live. If they live in a mansion with a lavish life style the money won't last as long as it would living in a four bedroom house in the burbs etc. Sixty percent of former NBA players are broke within five years of retirement. Fact.

So answer this question, since you're okay with Rose sitting out, what if the other 14 players wanted to do the same? What if Thibs wanted a day off? It's okay right?

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 06:24 PM
that's my point. if he plays 82 games and gets injured on the 82nd game, the season goes down as a failure.

if he plays 55 games, and the Bulls make it to the finals or win because he's healthy in April, May and June, its a great success story.

So him sitting guarantees him being healthy in the playoff? You do realize he can sit out today, play the next game and blow out his knees. Injuries are unpredictable and can happen anytime. He's painfree, so play brah!

beasted86
11-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Go Heat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the vote of support. Let's go HEAT!

It's also nice to hear that you hate the HEAT. Hate is a strong emotion, I feel kind of weird not being able to return the sentiments. Actually, I don't even think about Bulls fans at all. Awk.....ward.... this reminds me of when a chick says "I love you"and you are kind of like "thanks".

DaBear
11-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Heat fans still exist?

beasted86
11-12-2014, 06:31 PM

There has never been any year in the history of the league that Rose was a better player than Wade. Every single season (including Rose's MVP year) Wade has been statistically dominant. If anyone feels otherwise post up the stats on a year by year comparison and start a new thread about it.

DaBear
11-12-2014, 06:31 PM

I would have taken Wade in his prime over Rose, yes. Not today's Wade.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 06:34 PM
So answer this question, since you're okay with Rose sitting out, what if the other 14 players wanted to do the same? What if Thibs wanted a day off? It's okay right?

Wanting a day off and preserving yourself to have a longer career and to remain healthy after you walk away from the game are not the same thing.

If Thibs was concerned about his vocal chords and wanted to shout less that would be fine by me.

If Noah was concerned about his knees and wanted to play less minutes to increase the likelihood of a Tim Duncan type career with plenty of longevity then that would be fine by me.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Would people rather Rose lied?

beasted86
11-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Rose was actually suppose to be near 22-25 million and all of the years on his contract . He's only making almost 19 million a year .

Maybe you don't understand the words "max" contract when I say them or something. I don't know how I can be any clearer about this. Rose signed the maximum and for every single cent available to him based on his number of years in the league including the rule made basically for him that allowed certain requirements for a 5th year at 30% of the cap, hence the "Derrick Rose Rule" moniker. He didn't leave any money on the table.

Jamiecballer
11-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Selfish prick. Talk about self above team.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 06:42 PM

While this sounds rather novel, and almost parallels the situation of how the HEAT front office choose to handle Wade last year.... He never mentioned the playoffs. He says after his playing days rather clearly. Also in the case of Wade, management has stated there were about 12-13 games last season Wade was ready and feeling good and wanted to play but they held him out as a precaution as THEIR management decision. On the other hand the way he presents it is that it's his own choice to sit out irrespective of the doctor or staffs decisions. That's why I said from the start, I'm hoping this just a mental lapse on his part and he meant it another way or something.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Wanting a day off and preserving yourself to have a longer career and to remain healthy after you walk away from the game are not the same thing.

If Thibs was concerned about his vocal chords and wanted to shout less that would be fine by me.

If Noah was concerned about his knees and wanted to play less minutes to increase the likelihood of a Tim Duncan type career with plenty of longevity then that would be fine by me.

What about McDermott, Hinrich. 4 players request a day off to post their careers? Jimmy Butler wants to play less minutes and games so he can be healthy (post career) and in time to sign a big contract. That's okay with you?

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Would people rather Rose lied?

How about play, it's not fair to his teammates that bus their *** night in night out

GoferKing_
11-12-2014, 06:45 PM
That is just plain stupid... he gets a huge amount of cash... people pay for tickets to watch him... and he sits cuz he wants a pain free life? Dude, just quit sports. If I was his teammate I would be pissed after that comment, giving my heart on the court so he can step in whenever he wants and take the spotlight? Earn more money? F U C K HIM!!!!!

Bartlee23
11-12-2014, 06:47 PM
wade's case is completely different. wade has paid his dues and brought a championship even before lebron. wade has chronic knee pain and is 32, he's already guaranteed to have post retirement pain after a full career playing without a meniscus. wade didn't even like the maintenance plan last season it was something the coaches and training staff approached him with and asked for his cooperation with it to save him for the playoffs. he never talked about sitting to better his retirement plans. and this year he has dedicated himself to being on the court as much as possible and that's after taking a 11 million dollar pay cut.

as for the heat not winning anything for a long time, well thanks for your opinion. miami is one of the well run organizations in the league and their time will come again. i'm not so sure the bulls will ever win a title with rose at this point. especially with lebron and the cavs in the way, and then a strong western conference that will be sure to produce a tough finals opponent.

Rose has been an MVP of the league and has not received quite the help that Wade did until recently to go along with the injuries. Please don't say Wade won that title by himself because he didn't. Wade may have not said anything " public " but I'm sure he was thinking it. I don't believe he " didn't like" the maintenance plan that they had him on because unless you are blind you could see he wasn't quite the player he was, took a lot of play's off ( even thought it was partially Lebald's fault) and really didn't look as impressive as the past.

Yes my " opinion " about Miami may be true to you but in all honesty Wade is about all done, Lebald is gone and I don't see what the future is holding any time soon. Chicago is a sports town where the fans actually go to the games and care about them. Thanks for your opinion about Lebald and the Cavs and the West but I think we have a pretty good team.

Bartlee23
11-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the vote of support. Let's go HEAT!

It's also nice to hear that you hate the HEAT. Hate is a strong emotion, I feel kind of weird not being able to return the sentiments. Actually, I don't even think about Bulls fans at all. Awk.....ward.... this reminds me of when a chick says "I love you"and you are kind of like "thanks".

Obviously you're either an idiot or just don't understand when people talk about upset trolls after their hero left town and now have sell-outs of 14 people in the stands.

Actually I guess I don't " hate " the Heat fans, I just can't imagine how a troll who " doesn't think about the Bulls can make a thread about Rose. What team does he play for again?

Tony_Starks
11-12-2014, 06:58 PM
So, maybe he and his team shouldn't have been running around saying "Rose will be 100%, etc." and all that nonsense. Don't tell people you're ready to play and then sit out the next game.. and the game after that. Then you show up for ONE game, and you're inactive for the next three games. It's a pattern. He did this in FIBA, he's doing it again. The guy doesn't have the capacity to play consecutively. He just doesn't want to admit it and would much rather continue wasting everyone's time. That ankle injury didn't even look all that serious. He managed to walk it off virtually, alone. Tired of people making excuses for him. One day it's his knee. The next it's how sore he feels. The next, he has an ankle injury that keeps him out for four games. Let's see what his next excuse is.. "Lights too bright."

I think he is smart. Would he be playing if you told him that his salary is contingent on whether or not he shows up to play? Yes! Look, even Thibs said it.. If Rose can play, he will play. It's not that way anymore. It's become evident that Rose decides when he wants to play. This can be proven by the fact that Thibs makes his players work hard. I'm sorry but the right thing for Rose to do is to stay shut and admit that he needs more time off. Stop stalling back and forth leading everyone on. All these Bulls fans are lucky, regardless. They don't need Rose. Your team is incredibly strong without Rose. Just imagine if you get Rose out of the books and signed a player willing to actually put his body on the line.

Exactly. His main concern should be with the Bulls team base, he doesn't want to lose them. Outsiders will say all sorts of things. Bottom line when you're ready to play....play, when you're not be quiet.

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 06:59 PM
So him sitting guarantees him being healthy in the playoff? You do realize he can sit out today, play the next game and blow out his knees. Injuries are unpredictable and can happen anytime. He's painfree, so play brah!

He obviously wasn't in regard to his ankles, as when he pushed it and came back early against Milwaukee he clearly couldn't play at his normal pace.

SportsFanatic10
11-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Rose has been an MVP of the league and has not received quite the help that Wade did until recently to go along with the injuries. Please don't say Wade won that title by himself because he didn't. Wade may have not said anything " public " but I'm sure he was thinking it. I don't believe he " didn't like" the maintenance plan that they had him on because unless you are blind you could see he wasn't quite the player he was, took a lot of play's off ( even thought it was partially Lebald's fault) and really didn't look as impressive as the past.

Yes my " opinion " about Miami may be true to you but in all honesty Wade is about all done, Lebald is gone and I don't see what the future is holding any time soon. Chicago is a sports town where the fans actually go to the games and care about them. Thanks for your opinion about Lebald and the Cavs and the West but I think we have a pretty good team.

you sound really sensitive lol...kinda like rose i guess. i do agree the bulls are a pretty good team though. the rest was crap.

ThuglifeJ
11-12-2014, 07:24 PM
He shouldn't be getting paid during his games off then.

Imagine if every player had this mindset.

No longer a rose fan at all sadly..

Bartlee23
11-12-2014, 07:24 PM
you sound really sensitive lol...kinda like rose i guess. i do agree the bulls are a pretty good team though. the rest was crap.

Not really I was just voicing my opinion on the crap one of your 3 Heat fans trolled about. You're the one who jumped in with the Wade crap even though IMO everything I said was true. If anyone is sensitive, it's you.

lamzoka
11-12-2014, 07:27 PM

What you failed to understand is Rose is not resting to prolonge his career or to be healthy for the playoffs. Dude is resting so he wont be sore while attending meeting post-retirement. He's ****Îng lazy and selfish.

Goose17
11-12-2014, 07:30 PM
How about play, it's not fair to his teammates that bus their *** night in night out

He is playing. Do you not follow the NBA? And you didn't answer my question. Would you rather he lied?

Bruno
11-12-2014, 07:32 PM
While this sounds rather novel, and almost parallels the situation of how the HEAT front office choose to handle Wade last year.... He never mentioned the playoffs. He says after his playing days rather clearly. Also in the case of Wade, management has stated there were about 12-13 games last season Wade was ready and feeling good and wanted to play but they held him out as a precaution as THEIR management decision. On the other hand the way he presents it is that it's his own choice to sit out irrespective of the doctor or staffs decisions. That's why I said from the start, I'm hoping this just a mental lapse on his part and he meant it another way or something.
I get ya but I don't really care about his personal reasoning. i care about the impact it will have. if he plays 55-70 games and is fresh for playoffs, that's all that matters.

although I agree, had he said this is about playoffs, he would have avoided this headline.

Bruno
11-12-2014, 07:33 PM
What you failed to understand is Rose is not resting to prolonge his career or to be healthy for the playoffs. Dude is resting so he wont be sore while attending meeting post-retirement. He's ****Îng lazy and selfish.
I think you're too focused on what he said. the focus should be the real on court impact. if he's fresh for playoffs and the bulls do well who cares what he said. all that anyone will remember is the winning. the bulls need him to be fresh to win.

Slug3
11-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Its really only a problem if the Bulls have a problem with it. If its a maintenance plan and they are OK with it then who cares?

InRoseWeTrust
11-12-2014, 07:41 PM

Yeah, I'm sure rehabbing for 2 years straight from separate, potentially career altering knee injuries took no motivation or work ethic whatsoever.

The kid said something stupid. He's obviously gotten a glimpse at his NBA mortality and he's starting to think more long term than he once did. Is he taking off games while healthy simple to rest up for a PTA meeting? Of course not. He pushed early to come back against Milwaukee and clearly wasn't right out there. People need to calm down.

beasted86
11-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Obviously you're either an idiot or just don't understand when people talk about upset trolls after their hero left town and now have sell-outs of 14 people in the stands.

Actually I guess I don't " hate " the Heat fans, I just can't imagine how a troll who " doesn't think about the Bulls can make a thread about Rose. What team does he play for again?
I think it's you who doesn't understand basic tongue in cheek comebacks for baiting. You must not be very intelligent to say the least. That's further evidenced by the fact you can't comprehend the difference between the "Bulls team", and the "Bulls fans".

Shmontaine
11-12-2014, 07:57 PM
This thread is on par with most in here.

Its sad people here seem to want his career to be over.

JordansBulls
11-12-2014, 08:06 PM
This guy is the purest guy we have in the NBA now.

SportsFanatic10
11-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Not really I was just voicing my opinion on the crap one of your 3 Heat fans trolled about. You're the one who jumped in with the Wade crap even though IMO everything I said was true. If anyone is sensitive, it's you.

it was obvious you are offended by the way you took jabs at heat fans and using a "clever" little nickname for lebron. you were the one trying to hurl insults because of your sensitivity. and then you tried to compare apples to oranges and call it fact and didn't like being called on it lol.

Saddletramp
11-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I keep seeing people post that "it's just a game......family>a game"

If it's just a "game" then he should retire. But it's not "just" a "game". It's a game where he could potentially make $200-$300 million or so by the time he retires. So what's more important? His family or the money? It's obviously the money if he's not retiring by now with the pain he's already accumulated and the fear of further damage.

But in saying all of that, if it keeps him fresh for the playoffs then it will payoff for him/the team but the post career talk is an idiotic thing to actually admit.

I can't imagine the backlash if this was LeBron, Dwight or Harden saying this.

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 08:53 PM
He is playing. Do you not follow the NBA? And you didn't answer my question. Would you rather he lied?

I did answer your question, I would rather him play, if he can walk, run and shoot, play. Everyone else on his team is. Is it fair for his teammates that they have to buss their *** while he can sit to "Prolong" his career?

GiantsSwaGG
11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
This thread is on par with most in here.

Its sad people here seem to want his career to be over.

You're right, if I'm Noah, with all the injuries I had, I should be sitting as well. Hey Taj, you should sit too. Better yet, everyone who ever had an injury in the nba should sit

smiddy012
11-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Thibbs runs his players into the ground. We don't need Rose to get a 1st or 2nd seed, we need him healthy when it matters most... In the playoffs!

Rose is realizing that he is human... That's about it.

PurpleLynch
11-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Well,he has just to change his game. It's a lot asking for a pain free post career,Nba,like any other major sport,is very hard and you get paid for that. He should just change his game,working on jumpshots and becoming a better floor general than an explosive point guard. It was fun seeing him getting reckless to the rim,but those days are gone,just focus on different ways to become useful for your team.

smiddy012
11-12-2014, 09:03 PM
You're right, if I'm Noah, with all the injuries I had, I should be sitting as well. Hey Taj, you should sit too. Better yet, everyone who ever had an injury in the nba should sit

When you got Mirotic and McDermott rotting away on the bench, you can afford to bench starters in the short term so that they may be heathy come playoffs. We're one of the deepest teams in the league who's championship prospects have been destroyed by injuries the past 3 seasons...

Did anyone learn from SA?

mike_noodles
11-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Hopefully he's resting tomorrow night.

Stunner
11-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Hopefully he's resting tomorrow night.

With all that's going on I'm surprised we don't see a mad Rose tomorrow

ldawg
11-12-2014, 10:59 PM
I use to be a Rose fan but he is broken, He has lost his confidence and cant find it. Looser in it for the Money. I wish they could void his contract.

Stunner
11-12-2014, 11:23 PM
I use to be a Rose fan but he is broken, He has lost his confidence and cant find it. Looser in it for the Money. I wish they could void his contract.

That's nice I'm sure this will harm him dearly

LAKobeBryant
11-12-2014, 11:30 PM
this sucks i remember derrick rose MVP season where people were talking 3-5 years more and they should win it all. and the patients of bulls fan of waiting for rose to get healthy. kinda disappointing

Bartlee23
11-12-2014, 11:53 PM
I think it's you who doesn't understand basic tongue in cheek comebacks for baiting. You must not be very intelligent to say the least. That's further evidenced by the fact you can't comprehend the difference between the "Bulls team", and the "Bulls fans".

Troll, I wasn't the one who started a thread about another team or player, that was you. Thus the title "troll" going to you because you can't understand what would become of the thread. You're attempting to start an argument that has no validity due to the fact that you have a player that sits out games on your team as well.

Wade was a great player but you have to admit, he's not even close to who he was. Rose may never get back to where he was but he's still young and if he's smart can still have a very good career on a very good Chicago team. Miami is going nowhere and I understand your upset your hero left but no reason to start threads like this even when you post on the board that you don't care about Chicago. If you "don't care" fine, don't post but accept that you are a troll if you post something like this.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Those guys have sat out when they needed. Noah's missed 25% of our games. Butler too. Taj has sat one as well. Bulls don't need everyone playing to win most games. 0 reason to force anyone to play everyone for this team.

What's your point again?

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 12:03 AM
it was obvious you are offended by the way you took jabs at heat fans and using a "clever" little nickname for lebron. you were the one trying to hurl insults because of your sensitivity. and then you tried to compare apples to oranges and call it fact and didn't like being called on it lol.

Actually I wasn't even talking to you, you attacked me. I didn't start a troll thread on a player or a team, one of your "fans" did. I brought up the FACT that Miami has a player that also sits out quite a few games himself. I don't care if he " paid his dues " I never started a troll thread about Wade did I? I'm done with your three fans. Enjoy a mediocre season, an empty stadium and an early exit from the playoffs. After that a middle draft pick and a below average free signing.

Teufelshunde4
11-13-2014, 12:06 AM

Why do people have such a bad reaction to the guy being honest? And BTW it is Nov and not May or June. So taking it easy now is gonna save his legs for later in the season and the seasons beyond. Being tough and dumb is a bad combo. Being tough and Smart is priceless...

Howard_Zinn
11-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Not sure how I feel about this.. I can see both sides of the argument here..

raiderfaninTX
11-13-2014, 12:19 AM
I seriously couldn't imagine if Lebron said this ****, PSD would have a ****ing meltdown.

Jordan this
Jordan that
Kobe this
Kobe that

He's not competitive, he has no drive. How can he be among the best when he's so soft? Guy cant walk because of cramps, has to be carried off of the court, want to rest him to save energy for the rest of the finals? **** that he's a baby and selfish

All types of ****

sheesh
11-13-2014, 12:26 AM
This is not amateur sports. It's professional basketball where you get paid and clearly Rose is financially taken care of. It's his job to go play.

All of us ball for fun. If we don't feel like showing up we just don't go because we're amateurs.

Tell your boss I just want to sit on my *** and get paid.

beasted86
11-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Troll, I wasn't the one who started a thread about another team or player, that was you. Thus the title "troll" going to you because you can't understand what would become of the thread. You're attempting to start an argument that has no validity due to the fact that you have a player that sits out games on your team as well.

Wade was a great player but you have to admit, he's not even close to who he was. Rose may never get back to where he was but he's still young and if he's smart can still have a very good career on a very good Chicago team. Miami is going nowhere and I understand your upset your hero left but no reason to start threads like this even when you post on the board that you don't care about Chicago. If you "don't care" fine, don't post but accept that you are a troll if you post something like this.

So I'm a troll for starting a thread about a topic that reached national headlines and is on the front page of ESPN, Deadspin and other sports media outlets, and has been talked about all day today on sports radio?

Get a life, guy. You seem mad at the HEAT and its fans and players for whatever reasons... whether its because they have done nothing but beat your team senseless the past couple seasons in the playoffs or whatever... I'm not sure. But whatever it is, people are allowed to post on popular topics and have opinions. That's not what trolling is, you might want to look up the definition. Seriously though, go cry somewhere else. And it's not that I "don't care" per se... I'd say I'm more indifferent than anything, because I seriously don't think about Bulls fans at all. You guys seem to live, eat, and breathe what HEAT fans do or don't do and forever have an opinion about us.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 01:05 AM
So I'm a troll for starting a thread about a topic that reached national headlines and is on the front page of ESPN, Deadspin and other sports media outlets, and has been talked about all day today on sports radio?

Get a life, guy. You seem mad at the HEAT and its fans and players for whatever reasons... whether its because they have done nothing but beat your team senseless the past couple seasons in the playoffs or whatever... I'm not sure. But whatever it is, people are allowed to post on popular topics and have opinions. That's not what trolling is, you might want to look up the definition. Seriously though, go cry somewhere else. And it's not that I "don't care" per se... I'd say I'm more indifferent than anything, because I seriously don't think about Bulls fans at all. You guys seem to live, eat, and breathe what HEAT fans do or don't do and forever have an opinion about us.

We share the same opinion about Heat fans that everyone outside of Miami does..fake. It's actually starting to sound like Heat fans are the butt hurt ones knowing they won't get past the Bulls or Cavs in the playoffs. I hope you enjoyed your 2 rings. Not quite close to 7 like promised.

SportsFanatic10
11-13-2014, 01:21 AM
Actually I wasn't even talking to you, you attacked me. I didn't start a troll thread on a player or a team, one of your "fans" did. I brought up the FACT that Miami has a player that also sits out quite a few games himself. I don't care if he " paid his dues " I never started a troll thread about Wade did I? I'm done with your three fans. Enjoy a mediocre season, an empty stadium and an early exit from the playoffs. After that a middle draft pick and a below average free signing.

actually you attacked a whole fan base lol...and i'm enjoying the hell out of this season so far so thanks. now go back to looking in your crystal ball and stfu already.

WaDe03
11-13-2014, 01:28 AM
Bulls fans you haven't been relevant since Jordan left. No need to be so cocky. As for the 3 fans thing Heat games are 5th in attendance so far.

beasted86
11-13-2014, 01:29 AM
We share the same opinion about Heat fans that everyone outside of Miami does..fake. It's actually starting to sound like Heat fans are the butt hurt ones knowing they won't get past the Bulls or Cavs in the playoffs. I hope you enjoyed your 2 rings. Not quite close to 7 like promised.

There it does again with those opinions, which as like a-holes. I'm happy with my team, and as I said earlier, Bulls fans and what they think about the HEAT (or make that anything, actually) simply doesn't matter. The Bulls team hasn't done anything for nearly 2 decades. And did you really call me jealous of a team on a 50 year title drought? Really? Did you really just type that? Do you even think before words pop out of your head?

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 01:39 AM

Get a life, guy. You seem mad at the HEAT and its fans and players for whatever reasons... whether its because they have done nothing but beat your team senseless the past couple seasons in the playoffs or whatever... I'm not sure. But whatever it is, people

are allowed to post on popular topics and have opinions. That's not what trolling is, you might want to look up the definition. Seriously though, go cry somewhere else. And it's not that I "don't care" per se... I'd say I'm more indifferent than anything, because I seriously don't think about Bulls fans at all. You guys seem to live, eat, and breathe what HEAT fans do or don't do and forever have an opinion about us.

It's you who needs the life. To come on here and create a thread telling a former MVP who's trying to work his *** off after coming back to retire is just idiotic. Why not create a thread on how many games Wade sat out or why Miami fans don't go to the games or better yet why the few that do go leave early? At least that would be interesting

I to be honest could care less what goes on with Miami. Your team provides zero threat ( didn't they lose tonight ?) and the only reason I responded to you is it was amusing that a "fan" of a team where they have a player that also sits out multiple games, you'd think they'd be smart enough to realize why not only Rose but Chicago would not want him to play every game, but I guess that is too over your head.

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 01:40 AM
actually you attacked a whole fan base lol...and i'm enjoying the hell out of this season so far so thanks. now go back to looking in your crystal ball and stfu already.

Great game tonight.

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 01:47 AM
Bulls fans you haven't been relevant since Jordan left. No need to be so cocky. As for the 3 fans thing Heat games are 5th in attendance so far.

Usually with something like that a corporation or corporations will buy multiple tickets to games ( and can't get anyone to go) thus making games "sold out" yet if you actually go to the game or watch on TV its quite clear the stands are far from full. People are not buying tickets like they use to and please don't say they are.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:23 AM
There it does again with those opinions, which as like a-holes. I'm happy with my team, and as I said earlier, Bulls fans and what they think about the HEAT (or make that anything, actually) simply doesn't matter. The Bulls team hasn't done anything for nearly 2 decades. And did you really call me jealous of a team on a 50 year title drought? Really? Did you really just type that? Do you even think before words pop out of your head?

You sound mad over the fact that Miami is no longer the beast of the east. We've been a consistent player the last few years and would have been a contender if we didn't lose our best player (imagine Miami without LeBron). Enjoy being behind us this year.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:24 AM

Have fun getting knocked out in the 2nd round.

Shady66
11-13-2014, 02:31 AM
He's "done" man he's "washed"! Any player that sits out a game should just retire. Even if he averages somewhere around 20-5-5 on 55% shooting this year he still sucks and should just retire.

At least that's the way people see it now for some reason.
Lol

beasted86
11-13-2014, 02:38 AM
You sound mad over the fact that Miami is no longer the beast of the east. We've been a consistent player the last few years and would have been a contender if we didn't lose our best player (imagine Miami without LeBron). Enjoy being behind us this year.
What do I have to be mad about? You are the one who seems to want to have a measuring contest, when I could care less about your fans and your team isn't much of a thought either. I just thought this was an interesting topic, but you guys seem extra sensitive like you are going to break out in tears from anyone saying anything you don't like about Rose.

People have been trashing the HEAT, and its' players non-stop the last 4 years, and we (obviously) still have a ton of haters even after losing LeBron. Grow a pair, dudes. You are acting like ****ing girls.

beasted86
11-13-2014, 02:40 AM

Says the fan of the team that has made it past the 2nd round 1 singular time in 16 years. Definition of irony.

beasted86
11-13-2014, 02:43 AM
It's you who needs the life. To come on here and create a thread telling a former MVP who's trying to work his *** off after coming back to retire is just idiotic. Why not create a thread on how many games Wade sat out or why Miami fans don't go to the games or better yet why the few that do go leave early? At least that would be interesting

I to be honest could care less what goes on with Miami. Your team provides zero threat ( didn't they lose tonight ?) and the only reason I responded to you is it was amusing that a "fan" of a team where they have a player that also sits out multiple games, you'd think they'd be smart enough to realize why not only Rose but Chicago would not want him to play every game, but I guess that is too over your head.

Umm, Wade has never sat out any games because he was worried about attending PTA meetings.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:44 AM
What do I have to be mad about? You are the one who seems to want to have a measuring contest, when I could care less about your fans and your team isn't much of a thought either. I just thought this was an interesting topic, but you guys seem extra sensitive like you are going to break out in tears from anyone saying anything you don't like about Rose.

People have been trashing the HEAT, and its' players non-stop the last 4 years, and we (obviously) still have a ton of haters even after losing LeBron. Grow a pair, dudes. You are acting like ****ing girls.

It's clear you're baiting Bulls fans as a disgruntled Miami fan. Maybe I should have posted the same thread about Wade after his atrocious Finals performance and see how you'd all respond. You're upset that we don't view Miami as the biggest threat anymore. Go ahead and act like you don't care. The Heat aren't relevant anymore and you're upset about that.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Says the fan of the team that has made it past the 2nd round 1 singular time in 16 years. Definition of irony.

Because the past has so much to do with what's going on now, right? Keep living there, that's the only way you'll feel good about your team.

Shady66
11-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Holy **** this thread has a lot of butt hurt bulls fans. I don't disagree at all with what the bulls are doing with rose. Just being cautious with their most dynamic scorer and the key to their team making a deep playoff run. At this point of the season it doesn't matter anyways

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Holy **** this thread has a lot of butt hurt bulls fans. I don't disagree at all with what the bulls are doing with rose. Just being cautious with their most dynamic scorer and the key to their team making a deep playoff run. At this point of the season it doesn't matter anyways

No one is more butt hurt than the OP. Clearly a hating Miami fan who knows his teams best days are over. Just using the delusional media's pot stirring as a way to hide his true sourness.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Smart.

beasted86
11-13-2014, 02:53 AM
It's clear you're baiting Bulls fans as a disgruntled Miami fan. Maybe I should have posted the same thread about Wade after his atrocious Finals performance and see how you'd all respond. You're upset that we don't view Miami as the biggest threat anymore. Go ahead and act like you don't care. The Heat aren't relevant anymore and you're upset about that.

It's clear I'm baiting Bulls fans?... hmm... did I put those words in Rose's head?

And I don't think there's any HEAT fan who is delusional about Wade's subpar performance during the Finals series against the Spurs, and its been talked about relentless and is still talked about. On the other hand, you guys seem to be delusional about the words that are specifically coming directly out of Rose's mouth about sitting out because he wants to attend PTA meetings and graduation ceremonies when his playing days are over, and you don't want anyone talking about those words either.

Goose17
11-13-2014, 02:55 AM
I did answer your question, I would rather him play, if he can walk, run and shoot, play. Everyone else on his team is. Is it fair for his teammates that they have to buss their *** while he can sit to "Prolong" his career?

That's not answering the question. Would you rather he lied or would you rather he was honest? Pick one.

And Chicago have rested other guys at times when they needed to. They don't play through things if they think it's going to cause long term damage, that's just smart.

beasted86
11-13-2014, 02:55 AM
No one is more butt hurt than the OP. Clearly a hating Miami fan who knows his teams best days are over. Just using the delusional media's pot stirring as a way to hide his true sourness.

:laugh2:

The media is delusional about a direct quote from Derrick Rose, unfiltered and uninterrupted? There's no dressing on this at all. I can post a link to the audio if you need it. This is what the guy said.

Anyway, have at it. Goodnight. This thread seems to be turning into a girl's lockerroom with all this crying and emotional fans, and that's not my thing.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:56 AM
It's clear I'm baiting Bulls fans?... hmm... did I put those words in Rose's head?

And I don't think there's any HEAT fan who is delusional about Wade's subpar performance during the Finals series against the Spurs, and its been talked about relentless and is still talked about. On the other hand, you guys seem to be delusional about the words that are specifically coming directly out of Rose's mouth about sitting out because he wants to attend PTA meetings and graduation ceremonies when his playing days are over, and you don't want anyone talking about those words either.

Actually, we're not. We know what he said was dumb, but we're not going to go ******* and make this whole thing a fiasco like your intention was. He's already made a positive impact in the little time he's played. As long as he plays, we have a shot. That's all that matters.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 02:59 AM
:laugh2:

The media is delusional about a direct quote from Derrick Rose, unfiltered and uninterrupted? There's no dressing on this at all. I can post a link to the audio if you need it. This is what the guy said.

Anyway, have at it. Goodnight. This thread seems to be turning into a girl's lockerroom with all this crying and emotional fans, and that's not my thing.

I already heard what he said. I know what he said is dumb. However, I think your suggestion was idiotic and your clearly making this a bigger thing than it really is. That's all.

P&GRealist
11-13-2014, 03:03 AM

Then retire. Getting paid for something you don't deserve while doing it half-***** and having a laissez-faire attitude is cheating his current job, his employers and the game.

P&GRealist
11-13-2014, 03:05 AM
Do the right thing and just retire D. Rose.

Goose17
11-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Then retire. Getting paid for something you don't deserve while doing it half-***** and having a laissez-faire attitude is cheating his current job, his employers and the game.

He never said he wasn't going to play. It was poorly worded but he CLEARLY meant that he wouldn't play through injuries at risk of making them worse and he wouldn't play every minute of every game at risk of injuring himself due to fatigue. He's trying to lengthen his career and get to a point where he can be healthy after it

And would you walk away from that money? No. Nobody would. Nobody sane anyway. Nobody smart.

WaDe03
11-13-2014, 03:43 AM

How does it feel?

Don't be cocky lol we all know y'all haven't done anything since Jordan there's nothing to be cocky about.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 03:50 AM
How does it feel?

Don't be cocky lol we all know y'all haven't done anything since Jordan there's nothing to be cocky about.

Funny cause I could say the same about the Heat with Wade. You have been a laughing stock forever until he came along. And your title runs are pretty much over with.

Again, have fun losing in the 2nd round.

DaBear
11-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Funny cause I could say the same about the Heat with Wade. You have been a laughing stock forever until he came along. And your title runs are pretty much over with.

6>3

naps
11-13-2014, 04:20 AM
I understand why Bulls fans are so defensive about Rose but sadly I think it's about time that the dreams of building a championship team around Rose should be over. He can still be a good role player though if he takes care of his body. Joakim Noah is the Mr. Bulls. He is their franchise player.

WaDe03
11-13-2014, 04:29 AM

Well considering my childhood hero is Wade I don't remember much from before he came to the Heat. The past before 03 doesn't mean much to me.

Who knows how far well get but Rose's legs could fall off before y'all even get into the playoffs so like I said don't be too cocky. I do know you would love to have Wade on the Bulls though. Swap him and Rose out there's a good chance y'all have more rings but instead you've been stuck with a mediocre team the last 16 years full of "losing in the 2nd round" and in the first. A lot of those losses coming to the Heat by the way.

Hardaway Here
11-13-2014, 04:30 AM
I just find it amusing that the one Bulls fan is really going in on the Heat over something DRose said. "Have fun getting knocked out the 2nd round." Like that's already written in stone. Heat have players injured to and haven't played to their full potential yet. They may not make it to the show this year but who's to say the won't get pretty damn close. The bulls on the other hand we don't know what they are going to do. You can hype them up all you want, but they haven't done anything to say they will get there with no problems at all. Plus its November for crying out loud save your predictions for after allstar break at least.

WaDe03
11-13-2014, 04:32 AM
6>3

3 in the last 9 years > 0 in the last 16 years

WaDe03
11-13-2014, 04:35 AM
Btw, Wades played in every game this year so far. How many has Rose played in?

Redrum187
11-13-2014, 06:00 AM
He should have hired the guy who took his SAT to be his PR guy too. I use to be a really big fan of Rose... he makes Kobe Bryant and Wade look even better in my eyes (even if people love to hate them).

effen5
11-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm no longer defensive of rose.

if your healthy play. Your NOT being paid to worry about your future so shut the **** up.

and get a new PR person not named Reggie or Bj because since your injuries those 2 helped your image take a huge hit.

ghettosean
11-13-2014, 11:16 AM
I still hope he overcomes this but his quotes were pretty bad.... I listened to them and there was no manipulation by the media he just said this stuff.

Regardless I hope he stays healthy this year and changes his mentality in the playoffs because if he does this team can win a championship.

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Umm, Wade has never sat out any games because he was worried about attending PTA meetings.

No, I think Wade was girl scouts wasn't he? Again you continue to rip a player/fan base when no one has posted anything about Wade.

Rockice_8
11-13-2014, 12:01 PM

If that's what he said then fine but he didn't. It was just about the dumbest thing you can say getting paid that much money. Can't believe fans are defending this when they have the complete opposite in Noah on their team.

It's ok to want to think that but to say it is beyond stupid. No defense for stupid.

Corey
11-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Guys.

He's averaging 17/6/3 on 45% shooting...What did you really expect?

He's playing well when he's in there. Of course he's a little streaky. Give him half a season to get back into it. He just missed so much time.

If anything, Im impressed with how he's played.

Kicks For Grits
11-13-2014, 12:26 PM

LOL nice talk.

When were your NY Knicks relevant?

Kicks For Grits
11-13-2014, 12:28 PM
halleluyah!

When all is send and done, D Wade will be regraded as the most important person that came out of that 2003 draft.

5 championship appearances, 3 titles, & more to come :)... Wade = Championship Gravity...

Oh and he's also born in Chicago... I know some bulls fans in their heart of hearts, wished they had this Chicago born and bred player then the one they have now.

Never go full re-****

Oops too late.......

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 12:28 PM
I have already admitted it probably wasn't the smartest thing for Rose to say but with that being said I can also see where he is coming from not only as a fan of Chicago but a fan of the NBA. Rose is good for basketball and I would think a Miami fan would agree with this after all the battles between the two teams.

To be negative against the guy because he's gone through major knee injuries and actually wants to be able to move after he's done playing is stupid. I can see the argument about how he's getting paid millions of dollars but it's not like he did these injuries to himself or wasnt playing because he couldn't or the organization did not think it was in his best interest.

Rose is a competitor like any other athlete. He wants to win. Why would he sit out unless either his body wasn't physically able to go or he was told he would not be playing? Same thing with Wade or any athlete. If your body is not up to playing then why risk it getting worse? Chicago has had an extremely easy schedule at the beginning of the year and with the exception of some bad officiating of the Cleveland game could only have one loss to Boston. I don't think too many people are upset with the record.

Sure we would love to see Rose on the floor. He brings a whole new dimension to the game. I as a fan though am not going to cry or call for the guy's head if he's not suiting up for a game against Orlando or if it's a back to back night against Philadelphia. That just means we have minutes to disperse to other players to make them stronger players.

I am done with this thread because I've said my peace. If anyone wants to continue to wish Rose to fail or given up hope that's fine but remember the dynamic player he was and the effort he's putting in to come back where others have given up or failed.

Bartlee23
11-13-2014, 01:02 PM

Thank you for putting some logic into your post and thinking out what you were going to say. I could not agree with you more with your words. People don't understand that Rose is good for the game as is Wade, Bosh, Kobe, Lebron, etc but people spend so much time tearing them down that it almost becomes humorous. There will always be rivalries and competitive nature between not only players but fans as well. No reason for ill will against Rose though. He's done nothing but give his heart to not only the city of Chicago but the NBA as well. Great post.

Stinkyoutsider
11-13-2014, 01:18 PM
I think Rose's mentality has changed in a big way. Earlier in his pro career, it was all about proving how great of a player he was. He wasn't interested in sitting out games and he didn't.

Now that Rose felt that he was 100% healthy going into the season, he's taking every precaution to stay that way.

We all need to realize that his mentality is bothering us more than it's bothering him. We all love the warrior kind of players who fight off injury and dominate the game. Rose is more concerned about living a healthy life after basketball and doesn't seem too worried about being an all time great.

It would be nice for Rose to fight for the club just like most other players do (when it comes to playing thru injury) but he doesn't have that on his mind right now.

M.I.A.
11-13-2014, 01:20 PM
I think Rose's mentality has changed in a big way. Earlier in his pro career, it was all about proving how great of a player he was. He wasn't interested in sitting out games and he didn't.

Now that Rose felt that he was 100% healthy going into the season, he's taking every precaution to stay that way.

We all need to realize that his mentality is bothering us more than it's bothering him. We all love the warrior kind of players who fight off injury and dominate the game. Rose is more concerned about living a healthy life after basketball and doesn't seem too worried about being an all time great.

It would be nice for Rose to fight for the club just like most other players do (when it comes to playing thru injury) but he doesn't have that on his mind right now.

Yeah. I heard he's trying on tutus in his spare time. While the Bulls struggle. Oh well, he's got to look out for old number one, right? That is the American way nowadays.