PDA

View Full Version : Ads on Jersey's are Heeerrrreee....

jimm120
11-07-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/chase_bank_westchester_knicks_partnership_madison_ square_garden_company_2014_11_07.html

Westchester Knicks D league team is getting them on their jerseys.

Seem's This new guy is 100% trying to get as much money.

The way it is going, it seems we'll get these attire that looks like Soccer players.

As a person that doesn't watch soccer much, I look at their jerseys and think about how that "brand" is the name of the team.

Big Zo
11-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Every little ******** commissioner has to try to change things up when he's new, to put their fingerprints on the sport.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2014, 07:44 PM
I dont mind it to a point... Wearing someones shoes or maybe certain sports bands or doing interviews with adds on stuff but i dont like the notion of this on jerseys... I dont want to watch nascar

xbrackattackx
11-07-2014, 08:03 PM
If they are gonna take less money with making millions from ads. Yes. I am down for that!

Rivera
11-07-2014, 08:20 PM
About time. Nba is missing out on some serious revenue with ads on jerseys and a lot of soccer uniforms are dope with the ads. NBA owners should have been all over this a long time ago.

Think about it. Manchester United just signed a deal with Chevrolet to have their logo on the front of Man U jerseys. Chevy paid 560 mil for 7 years of sponsorship.

JIBM
11-07-2014, 09:36 PM
About time. Nba is missing out on some serious revenue with ads on jerseys and a lot of soccer uniforms are dope with the ads. NBA owners should have been all over this a long time ago.

Think about it. Manchester United just signed a deal with Chevrolet to have their logo on the front of Man U jerseys. Chevy paid 560 mil for 7 years of sponsorship.

And how is this good for the consumer?

heusy_79
11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
There's talk of this becoming a reality in the NHL as well. I'm not a fan....

Bruno
11-08-2014, 12:03 AM
terrible.

ghettosean
11-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Not too happy about this

Rivera
11-08-2014, 08:49 AM

How is it bad for the consumer?

Goose17
11-08-2014, 10:16 AM

And having Chevrolet printed across your jersey is what you want?

Hell no.

beasted86
11-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Are you suggesting fans should be okay with buying jerseys that are walking advertisements? Or conversely, are different from the ones their actual team plays with on the court?

ewing
11-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Good i can't wait til on can get paid to put an ad on the side of my house or name my baby old spice. who gives a ****

ewing
11-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Are you suggesting fans should be okay with buying jerseys that are walking advertisements? Or conversely, are different from the ones their actual team plays with on the court?

yep

amyandero
07-04-2015, 05:05 AM
The color may vary, since this depends primarily on the players' or teams' personal preference and taste.

jerellh528
07-04-2015, 05:32 AM
gross

IBleedPurple
07-04-2015, 08:51 AM

Think about it. Manchester United just signed a deal with Chevrolet to have their logo on the front of Man U jerseys. Chevy paid 560 mil for 7 years of sponsorship.Biggest team in the biggest sport, but you have a good point. I don't mind smaller ads, but soccer uniforms are just stupid. I love soccer, but no hint of a team name on the majority of the jersey is kinda ridiculous. As mentioned, beginner/casual fans just see a company name, likely decreasing loyalty to a certain team. Keep it to the trim, and smaller logos and I have no problem. Then when I buy a jersey I'm not a walking billboard.

ATX
07-04-2015, 09:28 AM
What's next, the Cleveland Quicken Loans versus the Memphis FedEx's? I hate this direction. Leave the jerseys alone.

warfelg
07-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Sixers have been using them on practice jerseys for a while now. Truth is, you end up barely noticing it.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 09:31 AM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/chase_bank_westchester_knicks_partnership_madison_ square_garden_company_2014_11_07.html

Westchester Knicks D league team is getting them on their jerseys.

Seem's This new guy is 100% trying to get as much money.

The way it is going, it seems we'll get these attire that looks like Soccer players.

As a person that doesn't watch soccer much, I look at their jerseys and think about how that "brand" is the name of the team.

THANASIIIIIIIIIIS!

... oh yeah, I think that logo is way too big.

Scoots
07-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Still not the NBA, MLB, NHL, or NFL. This isn't news until it's one of those.

kubernetes
07-04-2015, 01:36 PM
I would hate to see it happen here. I don't like flipping channels and trying to figure out who is actually playing. All I can see is Emirates vs some other airline.

J_M_B
07-04-2015, 02:05 PM
I think most fans are against this(myself included), but it's bound to happen eventually :/

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 02:09 PM
If there gonna make jerseys ugly as **** like that

They need to cut the game day ticket by 75%

And the food n drinks

Gander13SM
07-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Look like Euroleague jerseys.

I don't like it. I understand it. But I do not accept it.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Not a fan of this at all...seems inevitable though.

LakerShow
07-04-2015, 06:03 PM
What's next, the Cleveland Quicken Loans versus the Memphis FedEx's? I hate this direction. Leave the jerseys alone.

:laugh2:

Agreed, this is being gross. Should not happen.

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Bc who's gonna want to wear a Lowe's jersey? Nobody.

BKLYNpigeon
07-04-2015, 06:38 PM
The Money Free Agents are getting this off season, I don't blame the owners at all.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 07:18 PM

There ugly

I'm not wearing the walmart heat jersey

Soccer fans wear that cause that's the only important sport in there countries

This is America , people aren't gonna wear that crap

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Took them long enough. This is great. Extra revenue for teams, which could be transferred to getting better players.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2015, 08:38 PM
LOL at people saying it's ugly. You're not going to wear the jerseys.

ATX
07-04-2015, 08:49 PM

I'm sorry I don't want to look at corporate logos littering the jerseys.

warfelg
07-04-2015, 08:50 PM

It's a little patch anyways. No more different than when they wear a patch for a member or the organization that passed away or the black band for a similar reason. WNBA does it, and it's limited to something like a 1" by 3" patch. If that's all that's allowed on the upper chest/shoulder, does it effect the game so much you won't watch?

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-04-2015, 11:01 PM
There's talk of this becoming a reality in the NHL as well. I'm not a fan....

Agreed, NBA is selling out like everyone else.what a sad sight

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 11:11 PM

Um, I would assume that most of as, as fans, own gear of our favorite team/players.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0jSM-CdDVQ8/UA1eV4vLQPI/AAAAAAAAAC0/oQRyGYHeZb0/s320/kleenexduncan.jpg
^this is going to look extremely stupid.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/alanaglass/files/2014/04/464690995_Lynx_Mayo_Sherman_321.jpg
^WNBA Minnesota Lynx jersey. That is awful. The only actual team logo is a tiny patch by the shoulder. No thank you.

Saddletramp
07-05-2015, 12:58 AM
You guys got bot'ed to a dead thread. Lulzzers.

Phantom Dreamer
07-05-2015, 06:17 AM
Greed ruined aesthetics a long time ago.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 06:41 AM

Yes they are. Jerseys, t shirts, hats. Any merchandise fans buy will have the sponsor on them (if it's anything like football/soccer)

warfelg
07-05-2015, 07:16 AM
And what if you are freaking out over something like this:
http://cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/USATSI_8384469.jpg

Cuz that's about all it will be.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 07:40 AM
And what if you are freaking out over something like this:
http://cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/USATSI_8384469.jpg

Cuz that's about all it will be.

1. I still don't like it.

2. Did you open the link in OPs post? D-league team already has it and it's way bigger than that.

warfelg
07-05-2015, 07:43 AM
1. I still don't like it.

2. Did you open the link in OPs post? D-league team already has it and it's way bigger than that.

So what, you'll stop watching the NBA?

And that's NBDL. They need the bigger ones to maximize revenue. NBA doesn't need logos as huge. Silver has hinted at small sized with limits on placement akin to the photo I linked.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 08:37 AM

And that's NBDL. They need the bigger ones to maximize revenue. NBA doesn't need logos as huge. Silver has hinted at small sized with limits on placement akin to the photo I linked.

Lol. Where did I say I would stop watching? I don't like flopping either but I still watch. You can not like something and still enjoy the game :/ please don't put words in my mouth. It's rude and unnecessary.

I'm simply saying I don't like it. End of.

And we don't know if they will be big or small. All we know is its likely happening.

If it's anything like football/soccer the advertisements will be huge. And based on that, your argument makes no sense. Soccer makes way more money than the NBA and they don't have tiny sponsors on their kit. They have huge ones.

jimm120
07-05-2015, 08:56 AM
They're testing stuff out. DFleauge, allstar game, warmups, etc.

This is also conditioning the fans to accept it cause "its always been there".

They're conditioning and figuring out what is the acceptable amount before there is an uproar from fans.

ATX
07-05-2015, 09:13 AM

Why do you keep questioning whether posters will quit watching? It is possible to not like the direction of putting logos all over the jerseys and still watch the games. Advertising is a necessary evil, but I think we'd all prefer to keep it to a minimum. I don't think it's just me who thinks billboards littering our roads are an eyesore. I liken the direction to visual pollution such as this: http://mygreenfuture.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pics_f19.jpg

warfelg
07-05-2015, 09:14 AM
They're testing stuff out. DFleauge, allstar game, warmups, etc.

This is also conditioning the fans to accept it cause "its always been there".

They're conditioning and figuring out what is the acceptable amount before there is an uproar from fans.

Plus the players want more money, owner want more money, NBA wants more money. TV contracts are locked in for a while.

Which would people rather have? Higher tickets and concessions or a ad on a jersey?

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Plus the players want more money, owner want more money, NBA wants more money. TV contracts are locked in for a while.

Which would people rather have? Higher tickets and concessions or a ad on a jersey?

Higher ticket prices.

warfelg
07-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Higher ticket prices.

It's already anywhere from $350-500 for a family of 4 to get halfway decent seats to a game. I rather keep tickets the same and deal with an ad.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 10:18 AM
It's already anywhere from $350-500 for a family of 4 to get halfway decent seats to a game. I rather keep tickets the same and deal with an ad.

Depends on the team.

Each to their own. I don't like the ads. Especially because they would be plastered on every piece of merch. And I refuse to be a walking billboard.

warfelg
07-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Depends on the team.

Each to their own. I don't like the ads. Especially because they would be plastered on every piece of merch. And I refuse to be a walking billboard.

I guess being a golf pro I'm just so used to it. I'm basically a Puma/Cobra billboard since I'm on staff. About 90% of my clothes have their logos all over the clothes. Doesn't bother me at all. You hit a point where your so used to it you don't notice.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Remember during the Sterling fiasco with the Clippers, how every sponsor started to pull out and say they wanted their advertising removed? How would that work if it's all over your kit? You would need to have back up jerseys with nothing on them.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Just a random thought^

2-ONE-5
07-05-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm sorry I don't want to look at corporate logos littering the jerseys.

so dont buy a jersey with an ad on it. what is so difficult about just continuing to wear one of the current jerseys?

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 11:20 AM
so dont buy a jersey with an ad on it. what is so difficult about just continuing to wear one of the current jerseys?

Years from now when teams have new uniforms or logos etc if they've rebranded. Basically you're saying never buy a jersey or tshirt or any merch ever again?

2-ONE-5
07-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Years from now when teams have new uniforms or logos etc if they've rebranded. Basically you're saying never buy a jersey or tshirt or any merch ever again?

thats exactly what im saying. if you dont like the ads dont buy apparel with it included, it doesnt make you any less of a fan.

jimm120
07-05-2015, 12:48 PM

The problem with that is that the answer is BOTH. We'll end up getting BOTH things.

warfelg
07-05-2015, 12:49 PM
The problem with that is that the answer is BOTH. We'll end up getting BOTH things.

Touché. I wish jersey ads would mean like a 5 year league wide freeze on ticket prices.

Scoots
07-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Can't complain about the amount of money the players make and still watch, can't complain about merchandising and still watch.

It's not here yet anyway.