PDA

View Full Version : What to make of the Rockets winning

kingsdelez24
11-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I (and in probably not alone in this) have noticed they've been playing mainly lottery teams and blowing them out. Even the Spurs didn't have their full roster out there last night. The only non lottery/non depleted roster they beat was the HEAT, who the Rockets already have glaring matchup advatages against.

Do you think this winning streak will build towards them beating some of the better teams in the league, or will they come back down to their pre-season expectations?

cmellofan15
11-07-2014, 04:05 PM
playing really well against some not so good teams, but you can't ask any more of them. I'm excited to the next game against the Warriors.

mngopher35
11-07-2014, 04:29 PM
I (and in probably not alone in this) have noticed they've been playing mainly lottery teams and blowing them out. Even the Spurs didn't have their full roster out there last night. The only non lottery/non depleted roster they beat was the HEAT, who the Rockets already have glaring matchup advatages against.

Do you think this winning streak will build towards them beating some of the better teams in the league, or will they come back down to their pre-season expectations?

Depends what your expectations were I guess. I thought and still think they will be slightly better this season and fight for hca. Depending on the matchup I can see them making the second round but that's as far as I'd guess for them.

These early games especially vs. lottery teams shouldn't do too much, unless you expected them to miss the playoffs or something like that. Really early but I think this is another good team in a great conference.

rockets-fan
11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
We will see Saturday against the Warriors, should be a fun game.

Rockets are taking care of business right now, plain and simple. can't as much more from them

DaBossLaker04
11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I think they've played well, beat teams they were supposed to and played hard against good trends. But like Phil Jackson said a long time ago... "it's not a sprint, it's a marathon" .... I think they will slow down soon. But its great to see so many strong teams in the west.

c.c.
11-07-2014, 04:39 PM
You make what you want out of it! The Rockets didn't make the schedule or told Pop to sit Duncan and Manu. Just because a lot people expected the Rockets to be terrible without Lin, Asik, and Parsons doesn't mean that was gonna be the case! The Rockets are playing just how Red Nation and I predicted them to play. It's just a lot of Howard/Harden haters that wanna see them fail so badly to the point it irks them to see the opposite!

ghettosean
11-07-2014, 04:45 PM
It means that Parsons was a cancer on this team and they are better without him!!! I kid I kid....

I'm not taking too much from this... They beat teams they are supposed to beat and I don't think anyone in this forum said they weren't going to make the playoffs or something I don't expect them to beat GS but we shall see as this is the real first challenge for them outside of Miami.

ThuglifeJ
11-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Schedule.

savvy1803
11-07-2014, 06:03 PM
The Rockets have looked great and Ariza has supplied some good defense with some timely 3 point shooting good addition for Houston .

Verbal Christ
11-07-2014, 06:26 PM
"I dont think anyone here said they wouldnt make the playoffs" HA! Where have you been for the last 3 months?

Schedule? Boo hoo. Playing 2nd stringers on a B2B? Boo hoo. Harden sucks, he can only score on BS foul calls? Boo hoo. Howard will never regain form? Boo hoo. and on and on Ad nauseum.

Say what you want but its been 30 years since any team has come out of the gate with 6 double digit wins. Harden and Howard are meshing well. Ariza has been everything and more that I thought he would be. Old Man Terry has been a HUGE surprise. Just seems like a deeper roster with emphasis on those additions that could help the 3 and D philosophy.

Its just funny how so many would rather pour salt in the wound or find ANYTHING in which to somehow bring down the Rockets or their fanbase. Whatever.

Big test tomorrow night against the championship frontrunners, should be fun

L8kers4life
11-07-2014, 06:42 PM
"I dont think anyone here said they wouldnt make the playoffs" HA! Where have you been for the last 3 months?

Schedule? Boo hoo. Playing 2nd stringers on a B2B? Boo hoo. Harden sucks, he can only score on BS foul calls? Boo hoo. Howard will never regain form? Boo hoo. and on and on Ad nauseum.

Say what you want but its been 30 years since any team has come out of the gate with 6 double digit wins. Harden and Howard are meshing well. Ariza has been everything and more that I thought he would be. Old Man Terry has been a HUGE surprise. Just seems like a deeper roster with emphasis on those additions that could help the 3 and D philosophy.

Its just funny how so many would rather pour salt in the wound or find ANYTHING in which to somehow bring down the Rockets or their fanbase. Whatever.

Big test tomorrow night against the championship frontrunners, should be fun

Easy their fella. You have played 4 non playoff teams and bad ones at that, you played San Antonio, who sat Duncan and Ginobli, and you played Miami coming off a back to back in your house.

You have probably the worst depth of any Playoff team in the west. When you start to play Murderers row in the West, we will see how they do. Up to this point, Houston has not played Memphis, Dallas, San Antonio with Duncan and Ginbobli, the Clippers, Golden State, Portland, Phoenix or OKC once healthy. There will be no cake walks this year, lets let the season play out a bit more. ANd man you sound like a Cry baby, talking about fans doing all they can to bring the Rockets down. Welcome to PSD, try being a Lakers, Heat, Cavs, Bulls or Knicks fan on this site, all of those teams get the same scrutiny if not worse.

sep11ie
11-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Remember, we have also been down 2 starters for 2 or 3 games.

nastynice
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Regardless of strength of schedule, they've looked good. Its not like they were playing sloppy and barely squeeking by against weaker teams. They've been on top of their game.

Tomorrow will be a great game, two teams who have started off pretty hot, should help us find out where these teams really stand.

btw, what was that jersey they were wearing last night? throwback or new? looked badass

Htownballa1622
11-07-2014, 07:04 PM
It means that Parsons was a cancer on this team and they are better without him!!! I kid I kid....

I'm not taking too much from this... They beat teams they are supposed to beat and I don't think anyone in this forum said they weren't going to make the playoffs or something I don't expect them to beat GS but we shall see as this is the real first challenge for them outside of Miami.

Sig

xbrackattackx
11-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I think they are legit. I hate hardens playing style but dear god he is efficient. Scoring 71 points on 5 shots. I like how Howard has looked as well, first time I can say he looks like orlandoish Dwight. I love Ariza and Beverly too! I think they are def second round or higher and could beat any eastern team in 7 games. Bulls and Rockets would be epic.

nastynice
11-07-2014, 08:53 PM
I think they are legit. I hate hardens playing style but dear god he is efficient. Scoring 71 points on 5 shots. I like how Howard has looked as well, first time I can say he looks like orlandoish Dwight. I love Ariza and Beverly too! I think they are def second round or higher and could beat any eastern team in 7 games. Bulls and Rockets would be epic.

does he? I remember he was making huge strides, especially offensively, toward the end of last year. If he's continued with that, he's gonna be a beast down low.

curtcocaine
11-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Top 5 team in the west.

lol, please
11-07-2014, 09:51 PM
They will come back to earth tommorrow.

Silent
11-07-2014, 09:56 PM
there gonna beat golden state by 10+ tomorrow

c.c.
11-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Remember, we have also been down 2 starters for 2 or 3 games.

Those two starters are going to be out tomorrow night too against GSW :mad:

mightybosstone
11-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Those two starters are going to be out tomorrow night too against GSW :mad:

Ugh.... Yeah, I just read this. Those are two huge blows. Beverley has been so instrumental to wins against the Warriors in recent memory and Jones has started the season on fire. That really, really sucks. I wanted this team to be at 100 percent for this game. This is just going to make an already difficult task that much more difficult.

TrueFan420
11-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Q
Ugh.... Yeah, I just read this. Those are two huge blows. Beverley has been so instrumental to wins against the Warriors in recent memory and Jones has started the season on fire. That really, really sucks. I wanted this team to be at 100 percent for this game. This is just going to make an already difficult task that much more difficult.

We will be without Lee if it makes you feel any better. I'm very excited for this game both of our teams have yet to have a proper test and this is a great match up, up and down the board.

As for the thread question... I didn't think theyd fall out of the playoffs without parsons cause harden/howard combo is still very good. However, I didn't think Ariza would play this well even tho the team fits him. His past left me skeptical that he'd show up if it wasn't a contract year. They still haven't had a true test yet but that's changing when they play the Warriors.

albertajaysfan
11-08-2014, 12:00 PM
We will see Saturday against the Warriors, should be a fun game.

Rockets are taking care of business right now, plain and simple. can't as much more from them

Agreed. Hoping for a great game tonight. Dubs are off to a great start themselves.

Edit: To answer the question about them falling back down. I expected them to play well with a full squad. My only concern for the Rockets was their diminished depth compared to last season. I think with a full squad they are in amongst the elite in a crazily competitive Western Conference.

Bad news about Beverly and Jones. Will make this game a huge test for them now between playing another elite team and testing their depth. Their compete level tonight will say a lot, I believe, in how far they can go this year.

SF8
11-10-2014, 03:24 AM
They look really good. Top 3 team in the NBA.

That Trevor Ariza signing looks genius right about now.

SportsFanatic10
11-10-2014, 01:10 PM
They look really good. Top 3 team in the NBA.

That Trevor Ariza signing looks genius right about now.

ya i liked the ariza signing for them right away. i had him last year in fantasy and he was nice. i wondered if it would turn out to just be a player playing very well in a contract year though. but he's a good piece and a great replacement for parsons, his defense makes a difference and he's a good rebounder and excellent 3pt guy as well. they look good considering some of their offseason losses. even harden seems to be trying harder on defense, he broke up some transition chances against the heat with good instincts and effort. although he still struggles pretty bad on the ball and when someone like deng makes cuts to the rim, but their defense as a whole is much improved with ariza and now howard looking like his old healthy self.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-10-2014, 01:20 PM
They'll be pretty good all season , and then crumble in the playoffs. The combo of harden and Howard will never win anything

SportsFanatic10
11-10-2014, 01:25 PM
They'll be pretty good all season , and then crumble in the playoffs. The combo of harden and Howard will never win anything

i actually agree with you for once. harden has yet to make me a believer in him come playoff time. but who knows, maybe this is finally the year he does.

KnicksorBust
11-10-2014, 01:33 PM
I thought letting Parsons go was a huge mistake. Ariza's hot shooting has masked that right now. I think Harden is one of the best scorers in the game.

ghettosean
11-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Sig

I think he was trolling to be honest there's no way he could believe that but if he does then he just has no clue.

ghettosean
11-10-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm a little upset that the rockets didn't have a full line up against GS but I still think they would have pulled out the win if Rockets were at full strength. Now well have to wait until the next meeting.

curtcocaine
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
This is the new age Kobe & Shaq!!!

Htownballa1622
11-10-2014, 02:36 PM
I think he was trolling to be honest there's no way he could believe that but if he does then he just has no clue.

Oh he is a troll but I think it's to the point where he believes the stuff he says.

JasonJohnHorn
11-10-2014, 10:47 PM
They've been making very good use of Ariza.

I don't think they will be making the finals or anything, but a run at the conference finals seems reasonable depending on seeding.

Vinylman
11-11-2014, 09:43 AM
it's early....

in the immortal words of Winston Wolf

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, gentlemen

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 10:18 AM
This is the new age Kobe & Shaq!!!

Not even close, Dwight is not near what Shaq was offensively and Harden is not near what Kobe was defensibly.

The one who needs to take a major leap, as in defensively is Harden.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Not even close, Dwight is not near what Shaq was offensively and Harden is not near what Kobe was defensibly.

The one who needs to take a major leap, as in defensively is Harden.

Harden has been much, much better defensively this season. People who continue to rip on Harden's defense haven't watched him play basketball this season. He's never going to be a great defender, but he's easily been average on that end of the court, and he's making at least 1-2 really nice defensive plays on a nightly basis.

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Harden has been much, much better defensively this season. People who continue to rip on Harden's defense haven't watched him play basketball this season. He's never going to be a great defender, but he's easily been average on that end of the court, and he's making at least 1-2 really nice defensive plays on a nightly basis.

They are still not even close and frankly this can't even be raised until they win a championship.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 10:40 AM
They are still not even close and frankly this can't even be raised until they win a championship.
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but I'm guessing you're referring to the Shaq/Kobe comment. That's a comparison I would never make, because as much as I love Dwight, the guy is not remotely in the same conversation as a dominant offensive center as Shaq was. However, I think you're underrating Harden offensively. I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq, with the exception of 02-03 Kobe. Defensively? Obviously Kobe was better on that end of the floor, but Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

Longhornfan1234
11-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Lol...Howard defensively right now is not better than '00 Shaq's defense. Shaq anchored number 1 defense in the regular season and playoffs in '00.

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but I'm guessing you're referring to the Shaq/Kobe comment. That's a comparison I would never make, because as much as I love Dwight, the guy is not remotely in the same conversation as a dominant offensive center as Shaq was. However, I think you're underrating Harden offensively. I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq, with the exception of 02-03 Kobe. Defensively? Obviously Kobe was better on that end of the floor, but Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

My point still stands, Shaq and Kobe were better more well rounded 2 way players than Dwight and Harden are. It's why they 3-peated.

curtcocaine
11-11-2014, 11:28 AM
It was the excitement aspect. Thats why I made the comparison. And no D12 is nowhere near Shaq was defensively in his prime.

lol, please
11-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Better to the point where the comparison is foolish. Foolish from both sides.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 01:38 PM
I think we can all just agree to drop the Shaq and Kobe comparison. I love Harden and Howard, but they are not on the same level as Kobe/Shaq were in the early 2000s.

Putting that aside, this is still a very, very good basketball team. I see no reason why they can't be slightly better than last year and win 55-60 games and end up as a top 4 seed. If everyone stays healthy, they have the potential to be a top 10 offensive and defensive squad, and they have one of the 4-5 best 1-2 tandem in the entire league.

Tony_Starks
11-11-2014, 02:33 PM
First off to compare Dwight and Harden to the greatest one-two punch ever is a huge insult. They were a dynasty. Most knowledgeable fans of the game know that's a HUGE ridiculous blasphemous comparison.

However I have no idea what to think of the Rockets. They had a weak schedule but they still look very good in a small amount of games. Ariza is still ballin. Howard looks better. At the end of the day my guess is they won't get away with a backup PG starting and no quality backup C for long.

Probably another first round exit.

alexander_37
11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
The Kobe Shaq comparison is pretty ridiculous, I doubt they have the potential to ever be comparable. Let's just drop this.

I think we are seeing them click. Are they contenders? Let's wait on that. But they ARE better than last year even if it's just because of chemistry or other young players stepping up more.

Jones has been consistently getting better, he's a great package of athleticism, outside shooting, rebounding, and help defense.

Cannon has been somewhat of a revelation getting some offense out of the PG spot. I remember in an AMA on twitter Morey said he is their most underrated prospect.

And Ariza when he is on has been a better fit than Parsons even though he is not as good a player. He is the wing defender and spot up shooter they needed ( the 2 things Ariza does better than Parsons.)

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Harden has been much, much better defensively this season. ..

HAHAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh:

and he's making at least 1-2 really nice defensive plays on a nightly basis.

:clap::clap:
while taking the rest of the game off on defense

Vampirate
11-11-2014, 04:15 PM
First off to compare Dwight and Harden to the greatest one-two punch ever is a huge insult. They were a dynasty. Most knowledgeable fans of the game know that's a HUGE ridiculous blasphemous comparison.

However I have no idea what to think of the Rockets. They had a weak schedule but they still look very good in a small amount of games. Ariza is still ballin. Howard looks better. At the end of the day my guess is they won't get away with a backup PG starting and no quality backup C for long.

Probably another first round exit.

I'd argue that Jordon/Pippen were a better 1-2 punch than Kobe/Shaq.

Goose17
11-11-2014, 04:16 PM
They have a strong starting 5.

Still a small sample size but they're a solid team. I still say they finish in the top 5/6. No way they slip lower than that.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 04:28 PM

HAHAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh:

:clap::clap:
while taking the rest of the game off on defense
Your ignorance is really starting to show here, man. Anyone who has actually watched the Rockets play this year could see Harden has been better on that end of the floor. He's giving up a lot fewer easy baskets to opposing wings and the Rockets are playing far better overall team defense as a whole. If you don't want to believe me, don't. I couldn't care less. But you're wrong, and you're making an *** out of yourself.

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Your ignorance is really starting to show here, man. Anyone who has actually watched the Rockets play this year could see Harden has been better on that end of the floor. He's giving up a lot fewer easy baskets to opposing wings and the Rockets are playing far better overall team defense as a whole. If you don't want to believe me, don't. I couldn't care less. But you're wrong, and you're making an *** out of yourself.

HAHAHA :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

for every Rockets game i've watched this season so far (4) it's the exact same story. For every one normal defensive play he makes for an NBA level player he has 10 braindead plays to follow. There surely will be another compilation of Haren's defense this season, you betcha.

thanks for the good laugh though. :)

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 05:15 PM
HAHAHA :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

for every Rockets game i've watched this season so far (4) it's the exact same story. For every one normal defensive play he makes for an NBA level player he has 10 braindead plays to follow. There surely will be another compilation of Haren's defense this season, you betcha.

thanks for the good laugh though. :)

His defensive plus-minus is actually pretty damn solid through seven games and he's already reached one-fourth the amount of DWS through seven games that he had last season in 73 games. You can talk all the **** you want, but anyone who isn't a completely biased, trolling douchebag could see the improvement for themselves or look at the numbers to draw a conclusion that he's gotten better.

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqtfuZP6Dg

^this isn't getting better.

Unless you consider now giving a 'clap' as compared to 'staring into the horizon' look as improvement then I guess you have a point.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqtfuZP6Dg

Great job finding a single Youtube clip to prove your point. Every time I respond to something you say, it takes me less than five minutes to remind myself why I ignored you in the first place. You're the epitome of a troll, and you're probably the one person in the entirety of PSD that I have absolutely zero respect for.

nastynice
11-11-2014, 05:32 PM

:speechless: :speechless:

This is pretty out there man, even for a rockets fan.

I do like the Kobe Shaq comparison in the sense that you have a SG that can create his own offense and score from anywhere on the floor PLUS a C who (it seems lately, since late last year) can create his offense if he can catch the ball low enough. Both demand double teams. It a particular formula of building a team which I personally LOVE, just because of the flexibility it gives a team, and its two positions which just compliment each other beautifully.

nastynice
11-11-2014, 05:34 PM

Unless you consider now giving a 'clap' as compared to 'staring into the horizon' look as improvement then I guess you have a point.

:laugh::laugh:

The clap was pretty lackluster too. It was like he clapped just to show that he's doing SOMETHING, but he really had no umph! in it

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Great job finding a single Youtube clip to prove your point. Every time I respond to something you say, it takes me less than five minutes to remind myself why I ignored you in the first place. You're the epitome of a troll, and you're probably the one person in the entirety of PSD that I have absolutely zero respect for.

lmao. You're the one saying Harden is better offensively than Kobe/Shaq was and that Howard is better defensively than Shaq was. THAT is trolling imo.

stop this 'I can't defend that so I'm gonna label you a troll' garbage. It's getting seriously irritating to probably more than just me.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 05:44 PM
:speechless: :speechless:

This is pretty out there man, even for a rockets fan.
Why is it that "out there?" Just look at the guy's numbers. He was not remotely as efficient as Harden, especially in those years. Harden posted 10.1 OWS last season and is on pace to easily surpass that in the early season thus far. Kobe accomplished that feat once in his tenure with Shaq (02-03) and in no other season 9.2. Harden scored roughly the same amount of points as Kobe did in his time with Shaq (aside from 02-03), while posting superior scoring efficiency and a higher AST%. I don't think it's that shocking to suggest Harden offensively as a Rocket than Kobe was being a No. 2 to Shaq in his early years.

:laugh::laugh:

The clap was pretty lackluster too. It was like he clapped just to show that he's doing SOMETHING, but he really had no umph! in it
We don't even see the whole play develop there. Was the shooter even Harden's man on the play? Because it looked like Harden was guarding Bradley, who ran to the other side of the court, and someone else was supposed to be guarding the shooter.

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Why is it that "out there?" Just look at the guy's numbers. He was not remotely as efficient as Harden, especially in those years. Harden posted 10.1 OWS last season and is on pace to easily surpass that in the early season thus far. Kobe accomplished that feat once in his tenure with Shaq (02-03) and in no other season 9.2. Harden scored roughly the same amount of points as Kobe did in his time with Shaq (aside from 02-03), while posting superior scoring efficiency and a higher AST%. I don't think it's that shocking to suggest Harden offensively as a Rocket than Kobe was being a No. 2 to Shaq in his early years.

We don't even see the whole play develop there. Was the shooter even Harden's man on the play? Because it looked like Harden was guarding Bradley, who ran to the other side of the court, and someone else was supposed to be guarding the shooter.

-And how do those numbers translate to wins in the playoffs? How many times did Kobe find Shaq for a meaningful assist? Kobe is lightyears ahead of Harden.

-Stop defending it. You can't defend that defense you've honestly been corrupted by Harden's defense to actually think it's defendable. 5 years ago if you saw a clip of a guy being that braindead on defense you would NEVER defend it.

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm done with you, dude. I'm not going to feed your pathetic addiction to troll. You have a nice week and a nice season.

Verbal Christ
11-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Come midseason when people are lauding Hardens effort and improvement on defense I wonder what Vince Carter's redheaded stepson will say then.

alexander_37
11-11-2014, 06:25 PM
He is a troll just ignore him. Harden will never be a good defender but he has been better and he does have a great knack for coming up with steal at opportune times and he runs the floor well after the steal.

nastynice
11-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Come midseason when people are lauding Hardens effort and improvement on defense I wonder what Vince Carter's redheaded stepson will say then.

lol, what?

*to expand, 1) what is the significance of this step son? and 2) why is his hair color the choice of description for him?

nastynice
11-11-2014, 06:31 PM

well if we're gonna use efficiency in order to rank players, then there's like a 100 players ahead of kobe. Dude was hero ball to the core. Still doesn't change the fact that he could take over and absolutely dominate games the way only a handful of players in nba history could. Still doesn't change the fact that he probably posses the most vast array of offensive skill/weaponry (u like that? ;)) of any player that I've seen. If you really think Harden is the better offensive player, then so be it, I STRONGLY disagree based off of what each is capable of doing. I find your opinion pretty ridiculous. Maybe you find mine equally ridiculous, who knows, lol

mightybosstone
11-11-2014, 06:53 PM
well if we're gonna use efficiency in order to rank players, then there's like a 100 players ahead of kobe. Dude was hero ball to the core. Still doesn't change the fact that he could take over and absolutely dominate games the way only a handful of players in nba history could. Still doesn't change the fact that he probably posses the most vast array of offensive skill/weaponry (u like that? ;)) of any player that I've seen. If you really think Harden is the better offensive player, then so be it, I STRONGLY disagree based off of what each is capable of doing. I find your opinion pretty ridiculous. Maybe you find mine equally ridiculous, who knows, lol

I mean, it's a different style of basketball altogether. Harden's game is about playing smart, efficient basketball and hitting high percentage shots. Kobe's game is about individual dominance and believing he could take whatever shot no matter the degree of difficulty.

But I do think you're slightly misinterpreting what I'm saying. If we're talking about Kobe's entire career, I'm taking Kobe's offensive peak over Harden's offensive peak at this point. But Kobe didn't really peak as an offensive player until after Shaq left for the most part and he took on more the role of the No. 1. Actually, Kobe's season in 02-03 with Shaq was a better offensive year arguably than Harden has ever had, but I'm thinking a little broader than a specific season. I think Harden as a Rocket has been a better overall offensive player than Kobe was on the same roster with Shaq, but I think Kobe in his prime post Shaq was probably better offensively than Harden as a Rocket.

ThuglifeJ
11-11-2014, 07:09 PM

I mean, it's a different style of basketball altogether. Harden's game is about playing smart, efficient basketball and hitting high percentage shots. Kobe's game is about individual dominance and believing he could take whatever shot no matter the degree of difficulty.

But I do think you're slightly misinterpreting what I'm saying. If we're talking about Kobe's entire career, I'm taking Kobe's offensive peak over Harden's offensive peak at this point. But Kobe didn't really peak as an offensive player until after Shaq left for the most part and he took on more the role of the No. 1. Actually, Kobe's season in 02-03 with Shaq was a better offensive year arguably than Harden has ever had, but I'm thinking a little broader than a specific season. I think Harden as a Rocket has been a better overall offensive player than Kobe was on the same roster with Shaq, but I think Kobe in his prime post Shaq was probably better offensively than Harden as a Rocket.

No.....that's DURANTS game, not harden..smdh

And no not probably Kobe was better. He was. Get out of your houston lala land.

nastynice
11-11-2014, 07:34 PM

yea, maybe, he was still kinda coming up during that time, I guess you got a point. Harden's definitely one of the best scorers in the league right now, no debate from me there.