PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best big man in the NBA?

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-07-2014, 02:40 PM
My top 3 are Cousins, Aldridge, and Anthony Davis... although there are plenty others who deserve consideration like Dwight, M. Gasol, and even the immortal Tim Duncan (among others... too many to name). I am not going to post a poll because there are just too many deserving options.

I'll be honest, I am a Kings fan, and I am leaning toward Cousins. It is a bit of a homer pick, and I understand that his defense isn't considered the best, but I think he will show improvement in that area going forward and his offense is reaching a new level.

Minimal
11-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Your pick is legit. Cousins is the best big man in NBA, some people just don't understand that. Davis is close second.

SF8
11-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Davis, Blake, Cousins.

I know people don't like Blake, I don't either but I still somewhat respect his game (w/o the flopping).

ProHoopsScoops
11-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Hey Wait a minute You picked 3?:)

Gesh that is a tough question. Anthony Davis is playing out of his mind right now, but too early to give him that honor. Cousins is playing great ball, maybe the best he has ever played, but personally I have not watched him enough on Defense to give him Number 1 Spot either.

Aldridge Right now I think Is my pick for the best big man in the NBA. Dwight is making a statement for that Spot as well. I am just not a big believer that Dwight will hold it together. He has in my eyes been NOT good for anyteam he has been on, but maybe he has grown up a bit and is ready to take it to another level. Dude is not getting any younger and if he wants a Ring, Then he needs to be consistant and keep his trap shut and Play ball.

Its ok to be a homer, we all are to some extent when it comes to our favorite team. And Congrats on the Kings for getting off to a GREAT start so far. Rudy Gay and Cousins together seems to be a nice fit. I am picking them to beat the Suns tonight in Pheonix.

ManningToTyree
11-07-2014, 03:16 PM
By the end of the season I think it will be Anthony Davis.

I think Noah has to be in this conversation as well.

waveycrockett
11-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Has to be Marc Gasol right now. He is the most well rounded big man in the game and is basically a poor man's version of prime Tim Duncan (top-5 player all time) which is still really freaking good. If they meet in the playoffs this year Anthony Davis would get smoked by Marc just like he did this week. In the future Davis but right now Marc Gasol.

goingfor28
11-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Davis. Cousins. Blake.

Blake needs to stop shooting so many jumpers. They're improved but his game is to drive to the basket

jp611
11-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Aldridge? :laugh2:

curtcocaine
11-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Davis. Cousins. Blake.

Blake needs to stop shooting so many jumpers. They're improved but his game is to drive to the basket
The more a player can add the better. The Clips are stacked top 3 team in the west.

Tysons_Beard
11-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Davis, Blake, Cousins, LMA, Dwight, Timmy, Marc, Noah, Dalembert (In no order)

AD will be the best player in the league in a couple of years

goingfor28
11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
The more a player can add the better. The Clips are stacked top 3 team in the west.
Oh I agree but he seems to be just shooting jumpers so far and not driving anymore which is what he's excelled at going right to the hoop

ewing
11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Marc, d12. Cousins

kingsdelez24
11-07-2014, 04:12 PM

Lol whaaaaat?

mngopher35
11-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Marc, d12. Cousins

This would be mine too probably. Wouldn't have an issue with like Blake or davis for cousins either though.

ewing
11-07-2014, 04:23 PM
This would be mine too probably. Wouldn't have an issue with like Blake or davis for cousins either though.

I think Davis is a superstar in the making but i can't say he is the best before he does it. I don't see Blake being able hold down the 5 so I did not consider him.

ManningToTyree
11-07-2014, 04:32 PM

AD will be the best player in the league in a couple of years dude no lol

5ass
11-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Lol I'm sure dalembart was a joke.

ThuglifeJ
11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I was thinking Davis..but his meeting with Marc Gasol was pretty telling.. So I'd go with Marc he looks great. He just knows the game TOO well. His teams undefeated too. Davis on the rise though.

Drummond, Noah, Howard, Pau, Duncan, Dirk, Blake are all very very good though.

Miltstar
11-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Tim Duncan

IndiansFan337
11-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin.

tredigs
11-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Nobody's more impactful or smarter than Marc Gasol right now. The guy shut AD down and it wasn't a fluke.

I'd go Marc, Dwight and Blake.

xbrackattackx
11-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Cousins/Gasol/Davis
Aldridge/Horford/Noah/Blake
Gasol/Duncan/Dirk/Zbo/Al J
Monroe/Milsap/Jordan/West/Hibbert

I guess teired like that. Hard question indeed.

Jeffy25
11-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Is Dwight so disliked because the potential was higher for him or something?

People seem to not recognize him as an elite big man, and he clearly is.

At least, he's top 5 any way.

Cousins, Aldridge, Dwight, Blake, Noah, and Davis are your top 6. Not certain of the order though, each have different reasons to be qualified as great.

lamzoka
11-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Go home. You're drunk.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I forgot about Blake... he is definitely up there.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Cousins, Aldridge, Dwight, Blake, Noah, and Davis are your top 6. Not certain of the order though, each have different reasons to be qualified as great.

Jeffy venturing out into the NBA forum.

Anyway, I agree about Dwight. He is one of the elites for sure. If he could make his damn freethrows, he would be #1 IMO. I would have to say top 5 for sure though.

Cousins
Davis
Aldridge
Dwight
Blake

That is my top 5... not sure of the order. I'm probably being a bit too dependant on offense here though. I guess I'm just one of those who values offense more for individual performance because I believe defense is more of a team accomplishment, but there is still no denying the individual impact a guy like Noah or M. Gasol can make in the paint. But anyway, that is my top 5 personally.

tredigs
11-07-2014, 06:46 PM

Marc is better than all of them. Smartest/best paint protector in the game, an elite passing big and a guy you can trust with the ball in the low post, high post and from the line. He will strongly diminish production from the other top paint scorers and does not lose his cool in pressure situations. He is everything you want from a big.

Jeffy25
11-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Marc is better than all of them. Smartest/best paint protector in the game, an elite passing big and a guy you can trust with the ball in the low post, high post and from the line. He will strongly diminish production from the other top paint scorers and does not lose his cool in pressure situations. He is everything you want from a big.

And doesn't have to take 22 shots to be happy

PurpleLynch
11-08-2014, 07:07 AM
M.Gasol is the best right now imo. He's the most well rounded center in the Nba,hands down.
Cousins will be a beast imo,if he improves defense and attitude he will be absolutely great.
Noah is always a candidate,he's that good on both ends.
Davis has the potential to be a truly unique player,for both talent and versatility,even if he's not a real center.
Howard is playing really good,but I have to see him against one of these centers.Plus they faced fairly easy teams(Lakers,Jazz,Celtics,76ers) and Spurs without their best players. Miami was a good win because Bosh is also one of the best big man of the Nba and he's showing it.

Goose17
11-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Kobe.

albertajaysfan
11-08-2014, 12:17 PM
My top 4 in no particular order are: Howard, M. Gasol, Davis and Cousins.

Blake has improved his shooting but now it seems to be taking away from the rest of his game. He also isn't even close to the level of 3 of those guys in terms of D.

Most underrated big man: Bogut (really sucks he is so fragile) he is the perfect big man for the Dubs.

YesMcCann
11-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Davis, Gasol, Cousins.

Crackadalic
11-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Marc Gasol is the best big in the game right now. There isn't a lot of two way centers if not at all and he is good on both ends

M.I.A.
11-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Kobe.

Lol

M.I.A.
11-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Marc Gasol is the best big in the game right now. There isn't a lot of two way centers if not at all and he is good on both ends

Agree. If he ever leaves Memphis Zach will be left in a world of hurt. Zach can't carry that team without Gasol.

Jarvo
11-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Center - Cousins
PF - Aldridge

M.I.A.
11-08-2014, 11:31 PM
When Horford get s back to 100% he'll give them all a run for their money.

P&GRealist
11-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Definitely not the little ***** who decided to sit out due to "flu-like" symptoms.

goingfor28
11-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Michael Olowakandi and Kwame Brown tied for 1st

Munkeysuit
11-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Anthony Davis without a doubt.

M.I.A.
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Michael Olowakandi and Kwame Brown tied for 1st

Never heard of Olwaki whatever. Kwame Brown I have barely heard of. Who are these guys?

M.I.A.
11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Anthony Davis without a doubt.

Davis is good but he aint the best.

goingfor28
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Never heard of Olwaki whatever. Kwame Brown I have barely heard of. Who are these guys?
2 of the biggest busts ever. Idk if you're joking w your comment or not tho, ha

smith&wesson
11-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Davis, Cousins then every one else.

mrblisterdundee
11-09-2014, 03:56 PM
DeMarcus Cousins is a very efficient scorer and rebounder, and his team has a slightly better record very early in the season, but I'd say Anthony Davis has still been the biggest beast in the NBA.
I took both Anthony and Cousins with the first pick of my two fantasy drafts. Davis doesn't score as much as Cousins, but he's right there rebounding-wise and still way better defensively. Cousins is better offensively, but Davis is the better two-way player.

smith&wesson
11-09-2014, 03:57 PM

top pick busts, that use to play in the nba.

M.I.A.
11-09-2014, 06:38 PM
top pick busts, that use to play in the nba.

Gotcha. Thanx

M.I.A.
11-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Nobody likes Dwight Howard I guess

SeoulBeatz
11-09-2014, 06:47 PM
If i could pick any big man to build a franchise around atm it would be Anthony Davis hands down.

Gotta give credit to Boogie though, he's making a Zach Randolph-esque transformation, think his head might finally be in the right place.

Jamiecballer
11-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I'll take Davis Gasol or Noah. Haven't seen Cousins to see if hes still producing the emptiest numbers in the NBA or not :)

Tony_Starks
11-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Aldridge or Cousins.

M.I.A.
11-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Aldridge or Cousins.

Guess we'll stick with Horford.

Sadds The Gr8
11-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Davis, mgasol, boogie

ewing
11-10-2014, 10:26 AM
If i could pick any big man to build a franchise around atm it would be Anthony Davis hands down.

Gotta give credit to Boogie though, he's making a Zach Randolph-esque transformation, think his head might finally be in the right place.

Zo bo is the same player he has always been. Its a nice fit for him in Memphis but nothing about the way he plays has changed

waveycrockett
11-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Dwight is just atrocious from the FT line and that makes him a huge liability in the 4th quarter. Also his offense as a whole is still pretty limited and his defense is not what it was since his days in ORL. I'd much rather have Gasol over him and maybe even Noah

Tony_Starks
11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Zo bo is the same player he has always been. Its a nice fit for him in Memphis but nothing about the way he plays has changed

That's only if you just look at the numbers. He's always been good for 20 and 10 but his passing and defense has much improved since being in Memphis...

ewing
11-10-2014, 01:16 PM
That's only if you just look at the numbers. He's always been good for 20 and 10 but his passing and defense has much improved since being in Memphis...

yep, he is much better defender with Marc Gasol next to him, Tony Allen and Mike Connely in front of him and a team that plays at the pace he likes. ZBO did not have a "transformation". He is ZBO.

Miltstar
11-10-2014, 01:18 PM

The scary thing is Davis is just a kid still, once he gets his man strength and develops a few more go to moves on offense he's gonna be unstoppable

Cavalife
11-10-2014, 01:30 PM
1. Anthony Davis - he's a true big man
2. Blake Griffin - would be no. 1 if he didn't flop
3. LaMarcus Aldridge - underrated but overall can do anything a big man needs to do

Stinkyoutsider
11-10-2014, 02:11 PM
I think Marc Gasol is the most well rounded and should probably get the nod for being the best but there's quite a few talented bigs in the league right now.

Cousins is becoming mature and focusing more on dominating opponents by using his skill and talent instead of losing focus and getting into trouble with frustration and technical fouls.

waveycrockett
11-10-2014, 02:44 PM
The scary thing is Davis is just a kid still, once he gets his man strength and develops a few more go to moves on offense he's gonna be unstoppable

I dont know if he's ever going to get "man strength". Everyone always talked about Marcus Camby like this and were waiting for him to grow muscles but it never happened. Same with KG. Anthony Davis is never going to be a Tim Duncan or Dwight Howard in size.

SoCal Bob
11-11-2014, 07:20 AM
This man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxTvCnAuUaM