PDA

View Full Version : Will OKC make the playoffs inspite of all the injuries?

HeatFan
11-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Injuries so far:

- Durant
- Westbrook
- Morrow
- Perry Jones
- Lamb

How can they realistically get to the 8th spot if the west is so competitive with Houston, San Antonio, Memphis, GS, Dallas, Phoenix, Clippers and Portland? I know that OKC full power is a huge force in the west but other teams are very good to and they'll probably have to climb back from a deep hole if they continue their path. If both Durant and Westbrook come back by December, I don't have a doubt they'll at least be in the bottom tier of the playoff bracket, but I think it is a legitimate question.

We also have to see how effective they'll be the first few weeks after coming back.

tredigs
11-07-2014, 12:39 PM
It's going to be very tough sledding to approach 50 wins and a playoff berth for them. My guess is that they'll miss it. If they were in the East they would finish the healthy portion of their season with a 75% Win%, still win 55 and have the 3 seed, but, they're not in the East.

SPURSFAN1
11-07-2014, 12:44 PM
If they lose 23ish games b4 durant comes back, they won't make it.

mike_noodles
11-07-2014, 12:53 PM
It must be heartbreaking for the fans of OKC. They're gonna have to win a lot of games while undermanned to make the playoffs. I just don't see it happening. Maybe if they were in the East.

TrueFan420
11-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Not gonna happen but if they're smart they just shut down and get a top pick as an asset.

TheNumber37
11-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Reggie Jackson and Steve Adams to the rescue.

Tony_Starks
11-07-2014, 02:01 PM
I think they have a shot. Westbrook strikes as the come back sooner than expected type. Once they get him and KD back I can see them stringing together a few nice win streaks to get back in the mix. They just have to tread water until then....

xbrackattackx
11-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Do they have thier draft pick this year?

It wouldn't hurt them to get in the lottery and draft one of the good big men coming out.

cmellofan15
11-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't think they will, but I was semi hopeful up until Jones got injured.

ManningToTyree
11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Do they have thier draft pick this year?

It wouldn't hurt them to get in the lottery and draft one of the good big men coming out. I was going to post this. Imagine them being fully healthy next season with a high pick to throw into the equation.

ProHoopsScoops
11-07-2014, 03:31 PM
This is the most brutal injury riddled team to start a season I have ever seen in the NBA. Its like they lose another player every game. Crazzzzyyyyy!!!!

Will they make the playoffs? Gesh I don't see how unless they play the Injury Riddled Pacers Every night for the next 2 months.

Remember last year? Pacers and Thunder were at the Top of the power rankings...dont think we will see that this year.

As strong as the West is, I can not imagine that OKC will make the playoffs this year. However, if they do get healthy by January and can Reel off enough wins to grab the 8th spot then look out. But my bet is due to so many good teams in the West, they will not be able to recover from this devastating start to the season.

SportsFanatic10
11-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I was going to post this. Imagine them being fully healthy next season with a high pick to throw into the equation.

if the pick turned out be a really good player it would essentially be what they had before with harden. i still can't believe how they screwed that up.

ManningToTyree
11-07-2014, 03:59 PM
I was going to post this. Imagine them being fully healthy next season with a high pick to throw into the equation.

if the pick turned out be a really good player it would essentially be what they had before with harden. i still can't believe how they screwed that up. ya at the time I thought it was a mistake. I would have traded Westbrook instead of harden if it was about money. Westy probably would have brought more back

sens#11fan
11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Say this team does magically make it into the playoffs and get at least 50 wins would KD be a contender for MVP, depending on OKC's record with him back?

xbrackattackx
11-07-2014, 04:40 PM

They have been awesome at drafting imagine if they could have kept Green and Harden

Westbrook/Jackson/Telfair
Harden/Lamb/Morrow
Durant/Green/Jones
Serge/Collison
Adams/Perkins

That depth...I would pay Luxury Tax for that team in a min.