PDA

View Full Version : Should the bulls start looking for rose replacements if injuries continue ?

raiderfaninTX
11-06-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm probably going to be killed by you guys this early on, but do the Bulls actually need a liability like rose on their team?

Then clearly will be better with him at 100%, the question is will he ever be a 100% with his aggressive style of play? To me the rose situation remind me of the redskins RGIII situation, a guy who we've seen play as good as the best players in the league when a 100% but can no get there.

If rose continues to get nicked up throughout the season, would you look at trading him or do you believe his skills at 75% still makes him a top 5-10 PG?

smiddy012
11-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm probably going to be killed by you guys this early on, but do the Bulls actually need a liability like rose on their team?

Then clearly will be better with him at 100%, the question is will he ever be a 100% with his aggressive style of play? To me the rose situation remind me of the redskins RGIII situation, a guy who we've seen play as good as the best players in the league when a 100% but can no get there.

If rose continues to get nicked up throughout the season, would you look at trading him or do you believe his skills at 75% still makes him a top 5-10 PG?

There isn't a position where we're really deficient in, so trading even a top 5-10 PG in Rose for whatever we could get probably wouldn't be worth it.

This question won't seriously be asked in Chicago until, hypothetically, Rose has another season-ending injury, or he starts to re-injure his knees. If that happened, we at least got Brooks and Hinrich, who've both played exceptionally well so far. Thibbs is kind of a "point guard whisperer" if you look at his track record in Chicago.

We don't need to look at another PG unless Rose goes down long-term again. And even then, an Augustin or Nate Robinson, or even just Brooks and Hinrich, should be enough to still maintain elite level play. This team really isn't built around Rose anymore, especially with the way Gasol, Gibson, Butler, Hinrich & Brooks have been scoring so far.

And I can't stress enough how much replacing Boozer's minutes with anyone else's has made us a better team. Gasol is twice the player, easily, and he adds another leader to our team. We just gotta concentrate on health, I'm not so sure Rose should've played last night.

Thumper 88
11-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Don't compare rg3 to an mvp like rose

Rg3 isn't even the best in his draft class lol

blams
11-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Don't compare rg3 to an mvp like rose

Rg3 isn't even the best in his draft class lol
The first year he was clearly going to be something absurdly special. Just like that was clear in rose's first season.

Unfortunately rgIII's body isn't holding up well. :(

pacofunk64
11-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Rose put a move on last night towards the end of the game that still made go "WOW". I still have not watched a full game yet but if he's at 80-90% right now then that is still damn good. I have to think with our depth that we can break Rose in slowly. It also seems Rose understands he does not have to carry this team.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-07-2014, 02:21 AM
When Derrick Rose is on the court, the dynamics completely change for the better for the Bulls. There is a reason why he was the MVP. So the answer to your question is NO.

DamnGoat
11-07-2014, 02:26 AM
He's still really, really good, but he & the Bulls are (rightfully so) being super cautious with him this season. They have the depth to make up for him missing games.

As for a trade, no. I can't imagine he has much trade value anyway.

PowerHouse
11-07-2014, 02:55 AM
They should have been looking into that since 2012.

effen5
11-07-2014, 10:35 AM
They should have been looking into that since 2012.

This.

JordansBulls
11-07-2014, 11:36 AM
They really don't need him to be the same as before, Bulls are deep enough they can win kinda like how the Spurs have lately.

curtcocaine
11-07-2014, 11:38 AM
No.

LOOTERX9
11-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Bulls should trade rose after a stretch of good games from him. He will only get hurt again. Trade when value goes up a bit. Otherwise who cares. I hate bulls anyways