PDA

View Full Version : Is It A Lock The Bulls Win The East?

RocketLoc80
11-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Simple yes and no and explain?

SportsFanatic10
11-05-2014, 09:58 PM
lol almost all of your threads start with "is it a lock". no way, nothing is a lock this early in the season.

TheNumber37
11-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Please close.
Before it starts

mightybosstone
11-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Hell no, and anyone who says yes is an idiot. They've played four games. Four! They're one totally reasonable season ending injury to Pau Gasol and one totally reasonable mediocre season from Derrick Rose away from being a 5 or a 6 seed. Even if Rose comes on strong and Gasol stays healthy, they're still hardly a lock. To even start a thread like this so early in the season is mind boggling.

TylerSL
11-05-2014, 10:35 PM
The Bulls are only the favorites as long as Rose stays healthy. Cleveland has Lebron and is probably better positioned than any other team in the East in the long run. Miami is trying to be as competitive as possible for 2 years before making a run at the 2016 free agent class. Toronto, Washington and Charlotte are all improved from last season and looking to break out.

Obviously their are favorites, such as Chicago and Cleveland but the competition is probably the closest its been in at least 10 years. For 4 years the Heat were the easy favorites, 3 years before them the Boston Celtics were easy favorites, and for years before that even the Detroit Pistons were a lock to make at least the ECF. While the teams in the East are closer, they can't hold a candle to the Western Conference. So the better question to ask would be; does the East stand any chance in the NBA Finals?

Big Zo
11-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Is it a lock that this is a stupid thread? Yes.

cmellofan15
11-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Hahahaha are they a lock?? Even if you were to do something as stupid as base that assumption off of their first four games, then it would still be a no. They haven't beaten a playoff caliber team yet and lost to a Cavs team that has no idea what they're doing.

Sportfan
11-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Is this the same guy who did the Cowboys are a lock to come out of the NFC thread?

Sofnr
11-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I just don't understand the point of threads like this. Do I think this Bulls team should be the favorites to finish with the 1 seed in the east? I do. Are they a lock? Of course not. That's just silly stuff. They have to stay healthy and Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Toronto are certainly not going to hand anything to them. It's 1 week into the season. No need for this thread.

Kyben36
11-05-2014, 11:36 PM
if healthy 1st seed is a lock yes, they are better than previously and won the east then, playoffs is a different story.

apocalypse15
11-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Can threads like this be blocked until about 40-50 games in? Even that is early....

FlashBolt
11-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I don't think people quite understand how difficult it is to transition when you are on a completely new team being coached by a first-time NBA coach all while having three legitimate first options on your team. Cleveland is going to be a building process and you probably won't even see them at their full potential until next season. James even said it himself. You can't just put three top players on a team and expect results. I still think Cleveland gets out of the East because they have all the talent possible. Winning the Finals? That's going to be Spurs or LAC IMO. Blake Griffin is my MVP.

sjbirds
11-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Last time he started a lock the boys lost 2 in a row

Ezio
11-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes, cancel the East playoffs. I'll be waiting for West winner.

JordansBulls
11-06-2014, 12:58 AM
dumb thread. Only a lock if Jimmy Butler is around as Lebron fears him locking him down.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Win the East as in getting the top seed? If that was your question then yes it is close to a lock as long as everyone stays healthy. They've done it before 2 yrs in a row with lesser talent. ECF champs on the other hand, Bulls need to prove they can beat Lebron in a 7-game series.

smiddy012
11-06-2014, 03:07 AM
Can't explain how much better their big men play is this season without that tool Booz weighing them down.

ManningToTyree
11-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Nothing is a lock this early in the season.

They have a very good team and should be one of the favorites

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-06-2014, 09:24 AM
I picked them to come out of the east. I'm sticking to it

RocketLoc80
11-06-2014, 11:28 AM

So who you got winning it all?

D-Leethal
11-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Cavs will eventually come around and be a threat. I do think Miami and Washington have a shot if they are hot and healthy come playoff time. Would be fun to watch the Calipari #1 pick PGs go at it in the ECF.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Nobody's a lock in any sport to win a title. Stupid.

But you can't look past and admit the Bulls aren't a heavy favorite to at least get to the ECF (if mostly healthy) for the next number of years. They have quite a bit going for them that most current contenders don't have.

They have 2 rookies that have the potential to have great impacts immediately in McD and Mirotic. Another player on the heavy rise in Butler. Great depth in their front court. A top 3-5 coach in the game (I say top 3 easily, but may be biased being a Bulls fan). A top defense.

Then throw in that they own the Kings pick as soon as it falls out of the top 10 (could be this year from looks of it, likely in the 11-16 range) as well as the option to swap picks with the Cavs. So unless the Cavs win the title, Bulls are looking at a pick in the 11-16 range, and likely 20-25 range which are good trade chips if they want to use, or just to keep the influx of young talent coming into a great situation with great coaching.

Arch Stanton
11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
4 games in.... no it's not a lock!

RocketLoc80
11-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Nobody's a lock in any sport to win a title. Stupid.

But you can't look past and admit the Bulls aren't a heavy favorite to at least get to the ECF (if mostly healthy) for the next number of years. They have quite a bit going for them that most current contenders don't have.

They have 2 rookies that have the potential to have great impacts immediately in McD and Mirotic. Another player on the heavy rise in Butler. Great depth in their front court. A top 3-5 coach in the game (I say top 3 easily, but may be biased being a Bulls fan). A top defense.

Then throw in that they own the Kings pick as soon as it falls out of the top 10 (could be this year from looks of it, likely in the 11-16 range) as well as the option to swap picks with the Cavs. So unless the Cavs win the title, Bulls are looking at a pick in the 11-16 range, and likely 20-25 range which are good trade chips if they want to use, or just to keep the influx of young talent coming into a great situation with great coaching.

So who out of this group you think wins the most titles in the next couple of years? Bulls,Cavs or Clippers?

Pierzynski4Prez
11-06-2014, 12:17 PM
So who out of this group you think wins the most titles in the next couple of years? Bulls,Cavs or Clippers?

I'm not going to choose against Lebron until I actually see the Bulls take him down in the playoffs. Plus I need to see the Bulls healthy in April.

As a Bulls fan, the Clippers don't scare me for a 7 game series. Not downplaying them or saying they wouldn't beat the Bulls, just saying they don't scare me and I'd feel we have a good shot if in fact that was the finals matchup. I'd be more afraid of a healthy Thunder, or even the Rockets maybe.

blams
11-06-2014, 12:52 PM
1st seed is very likely barring health, winning the east isn't a lock as long as lebron is there.

Miltstar
11-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Very simple answer... no. Cleveland, Washington, Miami and Toronto could all be contenders in the east.

The west on the other hand is downright scary, aside from Kobe and the Lakers of course

%%%%
11-06-2014, 01:38 PM
The Knicks will win Eastern Conference

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-06-2014, 02:26 PM

So who you got winning it all?

Bulls, thunder, Warriors, Spurs . Probably one of these teams

curtcocaine
11-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Bulls, thunder, Warriors, Spurs . Probably one of these teams
So the thunder will make the playoffs?

papipapsmanny
11-06-2014, 03:56 PM
I feel like the Wizards get no respect, and they are the most complete team in the east... in my opinion